GM Tealk's - Core - Thornkeep Series

Game Master Tealk

Dark Menagerie - Maps!


851 to 900 of 1,323 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Telos Actions, please read.:

Round 1 - cast flaming sphere, moved + draw sling

Round 2 - redirect ball, could not cast magic missile because you had no line of sight with target. You also couldn't have moved and then cast because you already used your move to redirect your ball earlier. Feel free to do something here.

Round 3 - redirect ball, once again, I skipped your standard action. Feel free to do something here.

Round 4 -- not sure here, this is where it gets tricky. I think your ball here should have lasted this round also. So I will roll an additional reflex save and damage here. On this turn, you did a 5ft step and cast a new flaming sphere to block your way. Correct?

Flaming Sphere: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 5) = 101d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 -- fail, but no damage

Round 5 -- up to date! ...from what I can see, you could have 5ft stepped outside of the cloud onto the stairs? So you can review this round and the failed fort saves.

I think what has happened, is my instrict was to move you out of the fog while you were away, so I botted your movement actions to move outside the room. You came back, and we ret-conned this and put you back into the room. But let me know what you think. You guys are fine up to now.

-----------------------------

Some clarification, the stairs are not difficult terrain.

Edit!- I will take longer between posting round updates to let everyone have their round.

Seward knocks down purple with his first arrow, and focuses on red with his next, barely hitting.

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 5
Stinking Cloud - As per fog cloud, The fog obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker can’t use sight to locate the target).

Seward
@ Naneryn -13 lethal nauseated 1 rounds left
@ Pietro -12 lethal
Roran
@ Telos -5 lethal (shield)

Dretches (red -5, green -5, blue, orange -7, yellow -5)
Priests (red -6, purple, blue, green, brown)
The Visitant

Naneryn and Pietro still to act. Telos may rethink his action.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

GM:
Thank you, this makes sense! So to be clear, I'm not trying to slow us down. You don't have to "wait longer" necessarily. I kept finding myself needing to depend on the movement of my teammates (essentially delaying to the end of the init block). So, e.g., if I post in the round saying I'm blocked up by teammates (and don't take actions immediately), and their movement doesn't come, then maybe just a 2-3h signal that you need to move on and keep things moving. If they see that and I know I need to lessen my dependency on them then we can still move on relatively quickly. What's been happening is also possibly an exacerbated problem of the tight space we were in. I think it's going to be better now.

Make up actions:

Movememnt out of fog, leaving flaming sphere behind to block the dretches

Total defense while he surveys the scene once out

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Do I draw an AoO from the head cleric, moving past her *in the fog*? I don't emerge until I'm past her.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

"THE HELLS!? WE'RE BOTH CLERICS!" Pietro says in surprise at his fellow clergyperson stabbing him.

He bounces down the stairs to gain some cover from the creatures above (and Roran a flnker). He grasps his mug which bursts with welcoming tavern light that summons up fond memories in those touched by it.

channel positive attitude energy: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11

"I TOTALLY CRUSHED IT!" announces the cleric.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

@Telos, the movement doesn't provoke because there is concealment.

The warmth washes over the party, healing some of the wounds of the enemy also. Naneryn steps closer to the party.

To the parties dismay, the flaming sphere doesn't stop the demons from pushing through, however as the first couple step through the fire, they all wink out of existence.

The priests move to flank obvious targets. Roran gets an AOO on blue as he walks past!

Dagger: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 121d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 -- nanaryn
Dagger: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 = 191d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Dagger: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 171d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 -- Pietro
Punching Dagger: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 121d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (5) = 8

Although the number of enemies got less this round, you feel the hairs on the back of your neck stand, as if you know it's not over...

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 6
Stinking Cloud - As per fog cloud, The fog obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker can’t use sight to locate the target).

@ Seward
@ Naneryn -7 lethal
@ Pietro -1 lethal
@ Roran
@ Telos (shield)

Priests (red, purple, blue, green, brown)

The Visitant
Team may act!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran slashes at blue.

Power attack
AOO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 101d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Boo!

Now that his vomitting fit is over. He steps up and slashes at green.

Power Attack
vs green: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 91d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

And the bad rolls continue. I added an image of a morningstar to remember where I dropped it

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

IIRC, this should be the *second* round of this new flaming sphere.

As the fog clears, Telos' expression lights up.

Hey! I got my ball back! Hey weird cleric lady, I found my ball! Play with it!

He stretches out his hand and motions for it to roll towards her.

Control flaming sphere movement, move action, 3W, ending on brown
FIRE damage vs brown, DC17 reflex negates: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 1) = 13

IF brown still lives: Total defense, standard action

IF brown dies in flames: Telos will move up onto the platform (20', and end just east of the dropped morningstar).

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Pietro slides into Seward's line of fire and stabs at the man with Naneryn's shortsword

cold iron shortsword v green (higher ground, flanking, divine favor): 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 16 damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward turns his attention to the creepy alien visitant and plugs him with arrows, turning up his nose at Pietro's attempts at bad tactics.

Longbow: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 2 = 231d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Longbow: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 - 2 = 171d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Prototype GM Tool CR-X

Naneryn steps aside out of the flank takes a swig of a potion of cure light wounds.

Cure Light: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

@ Seward i'm going to assume you are taking a shot agasin't the lady cleric who Telos is fighting, the one who was 'showing' you around. You have not actually seen The Visitant yet... Also, only the 23 hit.

The party doesn't manage to make much ground this round, with most of the team missing their targets, unable to shake the feeling of dread.

The cleric winces as the fire sphere engulfs her, but steps forward to fight the sorcerer. "You will pay with your life. "

Ref, sphere: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Punching Dagger: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 261d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 -- Please give me a fort save vs poison please Telos!

The rest of the tieflings attack.

Dagger: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 2 = 231d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 -- Naneryn
Dagger: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 171d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 131d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 -- Pietro

In that moment, another dretch is summoned out of nowhere. The tieflings and cleric smile and look up, at an empty space in the air. "Thank you for blessing us with your divine gift. We will slay these infadels for you, our king." They speak in unison.

Everyone please give me one DC 12 Fortitude save vs the cloud, here we go again...!

Fort Saves, tieflings, cleric: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 171d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 161d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 101d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Green and the cleric, being to vomit...

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 7

Stinking Cloud - As per fog cloud, The fog obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker can’t use sight to locate the target).

@ Seward
@ Naneryn -13 lethal
@ Pietro -1 lethal
@ Roran
@ Telos (shield)

Priests (red, purple, blue, green -4 NAU, cleric -12 NAU)
Dredge (red)
The Visitant

Team may act!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Fortitude vs poison from dagger: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 ouch
Fortitude, fog cloud, DC12: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 ouch

Telos starts to feel the affects of two separate afflictions, nearly at the same time.

Folks, I might need a lil... help.. over here... soon

He lazily stretches out his hand to control his flaming orb, his energy quickly depleting.

Round 3 of flaming sphere
Control flaming sphere movement, move action, 1W, ending on brown
FIRE damage vs brown, DC17 reflex negates: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 1) = 7
5' step E
Do I still get to avoid AoOs in this fog?
Cast shield, standard action (AC21)

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Nauseated - Creatures with the nauseated condition experience stomach distress. Nauseated creatures are unable to attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells, or do anything else requiring attention. The only action such a character can take is a single move action per turn.

So not sure what you wanted to do there, Telos, but I also think that you still have shield up.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

doh, apologies, I missed what the effect of the failed save was. SO I’d keep the move action of moving the sphere and not do the casting. Simple retcon thankfully.

Re shield: yup, I had forgotten this. Thank you.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Pietro sniffs.

fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

"NANERYN! IS THAT YOU!? WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR BREAKFAST MAN!?"

Looking quite green Pietro barrels away from the smell, shoving past Naneryn and his attackers. Provoking 4 AoOs if the provokee is not busy with their own gastrointestinal problems.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

fortitude save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Roran swings his sword at green.
power attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 251d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
miss chance, lo bad: 1d100 ⇒ 82
potential crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 221d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

He then moves away out side of the cloud. Will most likely provoke from red and green, if he is still up.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Fort - Seward, Naneryn: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12

Seward takes a shot at the cleric lady who is currently engulfed by the sorcerer's spell, and swiftly leaves the cloud.

Point Blank Shot Longbow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 1 = 261d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d100 ⇒ 56

Naneryn realising he has concealment, takes a stab at the teifling, and then steps out of the cloud, holding his breath.
Stab;miss: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (5) = 71d100 ⇒ 6

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

No provoking with cloud in the way. And you know whats funny, people who weren't nauseated earlier, are so now...karma I guess? You guys are going really well, concidering. Who wants to step the difficulty up a notch?

Reflex, cleric: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Roran slices through one of the tieflings, in a great show of strength.

The cleric moves quickly out of the fog, "*gag* You will, *gag* pay."

The rest of the enemies move to attack.

Dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 131d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 - P
Dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 - N
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 171d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 - T
all miss

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 8
Stinking Cloud - As per fog cloud, The fog obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker can’t use sight to locate the target).

@ Seward
@ Naneryn -13 lethal
@ Pietro -1 lethal NAU: 1d4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 - 1 = 3 round left.
@ Roran
@ Telos (shield) nauseated, must leave cloud

Priests (red, purple, blue, green, cleric -24 NAU 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2)
Dredge (red)
The Visitant

Team may act!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran takes a five foot step over to get into a flanking positions and swings at the red cleric.

power attack + flanking
longsword: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 = 231d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

The chase around the dungeon continues as Pietro weaves through some pillars.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

**gag**, **cough** not... but so too... will you pay... foul evil cleric...

Telos stumbles out of the fog after her and finds himself back in the tight room, sans dretches.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Finally free of the neseaua, the rogue does his job and strikes the trifling facing roran.

dagger to hit. Flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25
dmg: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (1) = 6

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward coughs a little, the stench reminding him of his time as the slace who had to make fertilizer.

He snaps a couple shots at the red priest.

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 22
Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 26

Rapid Shot Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Rapid Shot Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Outside the fog, the team is able to swiftly deal with the rest of the tieflings. A moment of relief, as Telos exchanges some words with the cleric lady. She looks unconcerned in her current circumstance, and smiles. "*cough* None of you will make out of *gag* here, alive."

Suddenly the poisonous fog clears as quickly as it came, the demon no where in sight. The team looks at each other, but they know it's not over. And then...it shows itself.

Suddently, Seward feels his muscles tense, as something enters his mind. "Humans. So. Delicate." - DC 16 will save, under effects of Hold Person please, @Seward!

Coming out of invisibility, this unnaturally graceful creature has a bulbous fungoid lump for a head, spiny insectoid wings, and a tangle of spiky, clawed legs. It looks other-wordly, as it hovers 5 ft off the air, above Seward.

Nauseated, Telos: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Telos feels the overwhelming dread come from listening to the priests words, and shakes off his nausea, knowing his friends are in mortal danger.

DC 18 Kn Nature:
This creatue is a Mi-go. Mi-go are both scientists and colonists—extraterrestrial travelers from the Dark Tapestry who view the universe as a canvas to be mastered and controlled. They have DR/Slashing and resist electricity and fire, immune to cold. Anything above 23, I will tell you more.

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 9

@ Seward - DC 16 will save please!
@ Naneryn -13 lethal
@ Pietro -1 lethal 2 round left.
@ Roran
@ Telos (shield)

Priest -24 Nauseated-1 more round.
The Visitant

Team may act!

GM Tip: running is always an appropriate tactic.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos, suddenly gaining clarity decides to unload on the cornered cleric.

If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed.

The halfling raises his hands and emits a dance fan of lightning that washes over but courses through the body of the cleric...

Cast electrical hands, standard action
Electricity damage, DC16 reflex half: 4d4 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 3) = 7

He draws his longspear so that she cannot easily pass him and run out of this room. coz AoOs

Draw weapon, move action

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Telos Downshot wrote:

Telos, suddenly gaining clarity decides to unload on the cornered cleric.

If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed.

The halfling raises his hands and emits a dance fan of lightning that washes over but courses through the body of the cleric...

And what has 'the cleric' ever done to the halfling, but be nice to him despite of his height deficit, hmm? I mean Pietro pats Telos kindly on the head enough, doesn't he? He ruffles his hair playfully (explaining Telos's picture), right? Peitro doesn't even laugh very much (really, it is more of a chuckle) when either of the halflings are sitting at the "big person" benches in the tavern with their noses just topping the edge of the table does he? In fact, Pietro thinks it is adorable when their tiny little human-like hands reach up for their pint tankards. It's like watching squirrels eat up close. Oooh, who's a cute widdle halfwing?

More running around the pillars! Pietro uses them for cover while his stomach remains upset.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran takes a moment to detect evil on this thing, before raising his shield to prepare for potential onslaught.

Detect evil, as move action, focusing on the bug thing as if taking three rounds to study it's aura. Then standard action for total defense, +4 bonus to AC

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:

And what has 'the cleric' ever done to the halfling, but be nice to him despite of his height deficit, hmm? I mean Pietro pats Telos kindly on the head enough, doesn't he? He ruffles his hair playfully (explaining Telos's picture), right? Peitro doesn't even laugh very much (really, it is more of a chuckle) when either of the halflings are sitting at the "big person" benches in the tavern with their noses just topping the edge of the table does he? In fact, Pietro thinks it is adorable when their tiny little human-like hands reach up for their pint tankards. It's like watching squirrels eat up close. Oooh, who's a cute widdle halfwing?

More running around the pillars! Pietro uses them for cover while his stomach remains upset.

lol, sure. "What about the nice clerics." Well, I'm not washing them over with fans of electricity and spewing lines from Jedi at *them*.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Well, from a certain point of view....

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

A certain point of view?!? Telos boyish hair becomes even more frazzled as Pietro verbally ruffles it.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Lad, I've never told you what happened to your father have I?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

MORE RUNNING!
It's good for you. ;)

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Will Save +2 if fear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Seward shakes off whatever ill effect was being planned for him.

Seward shifts 5 feet away from the fungoloid creature and though it exposes him to being hit by the creature he fires twice.

Longbow Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 11 - 2 = 141d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Longbow Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 2 = 251d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Alright, after a little break, let's get back into things! No one has the knowledge for this thing? Alright.

So i'm really not sure what Naneryn would do in this situation...The rest of the part sees as Naneryn pulls out a small oil of magic weapon and shows it to the group. "Maybe this can help one of you? Eh? Anyone?" ...He will give it to someone who wants it, hint hint, otherwise he will use it on his own Longbow.

Luckily, Seward shakes off the dark presence which enters his mind. Not today! thinks the halfling, as he steps back and shoots his arrows into the creature. The first goes wide, but the second is right on the money, however, it seems to be unable to penetrate it's hide.

The deadly other-wordly creature shrieks with unhappiness, and cast's barkskin itself. It steps up, making it harder for the melee people to hit it. 10 ft in the air.

Telos, I have moved you up.

Inside the other room, the sorcerer leaves his flaming sphere on top of the cleric, who looks extremely displeased. "You will pay for that!" You watch as she comes around the corner, and closes the door. "You won't make it out alive."

Ref, cleric: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 9
@ Seward
@ Naneryn -13 lethal
@ Pietro -1 lethal naustead 1 round left.
@ Roran
@ Telos (shield)

Priest -27 lethal
The Visitant (barkskin)

Team may act!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none
GM Tealk wrote:
Telos, I have moved you up.

oh, I had moved down to chase the cleric, is she out of play now?

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Yep you are correct, you don't think this lady will be bothering you any longer. I want you guys to focus on the big crazy flying thing.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

word. taking turn now...

This one is knowledge (nature)? Yeah, don't have that one. Here's hoping it doesn't have all teh demonic resistances or immunities :)

Telos fishes a lump of butter out of his spell component pouch and lobs it at the new creature as he mumbles in draconic. As it flies towards its target it expands, becoming increasingly thin before settling on a large square area quarantining it.

Cast grease, standard action, duration 4m/40 rounds, area marked on map.
GM DC16 reflex or it falls prone

Everyone close in on it while it fumbles and tries to stand up again! But stay out of the area of the butter!

He then runs up alongside the south wall to get a better general angle for later.

20', move action

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:

Alright, after a little break, let's get back into things! No one has the knowledge for this thing? Alright.

So i'm really not sure what Naneryn would do in this situation...

[ooc]Fall over nearly dead? ;)

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Single to move for more cover.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

GM, I did a detect evil last turn. Did it reveal anything. I am not sure if it will be useful or not since I already used my smite evil

"Everyone, all together" And readies his blade if the creature approaches. "Come you tormentor. Your servants are not here to protect you anymore"

Readied action:

Power attack
readied attack+magic slashing: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 261d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
crit confirm?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 151d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

@ Telos I think I mentioned above that the creature is flying 10ft in the air, so you can re-take your turn if you'd wish. I will put tracker on the map.

@ Roran sorry, I over looked this completely. Yep, you're right you sure did. :)

The paladin focuses for a moment on the other-wordly creature, and for an instant feels a flow of terror which rushes through his body. Whatever this creature is, it is ;pure chaos and pure evil. You have never, felt a presence this malign before. It hisses toward you in your mind, "Is that a challenge, little paladin?"

If anyone has any preference of what Naneryn and Seward would do in this situation, please just bot them. Otherwise, I will do so after Telos had seen my above comment.

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 9
@ Seward
@ Naneryn -13 lethal
Pietro -1 lethal
Roran - readied action
@ Telos (shield)

Priest -27 lethal
The Visitant (barkskin)

[b]Bold may act!/b]

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Doh, sorry, my bad. Let's switch that to a good ol magic missile and I'll remove my smart-@$$ grease graphic from the map :)

Force damage, missile 1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Force damage, missile 2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward seems visibly upset that his arrows cannot pierce the visitants tough skin What the hell is this thing anyway, my arrows don't hurt him and instead focuses his attention on the remaining priest.

Though I do not see him on the map

Longbow at Priest: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 211d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

That ointment... use it on my bow. Perhaps it takes magic to hurt this thing

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Naneryn moves up to Seward and pours his oil over the teiflings weapon, who then takes a shot at the creature again. The bow glows, as the ranger feels more empowered.

Point Blank Shot Rapid Shot Longbow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 211d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8 miss
Point Blank Shot Rapid Shot Longbow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 131d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5 miss
@ Seward there is no more priest, he is hiding in the room, its just you at this creature now.

The magical missiles from the sorcerer fly straight and true, dealing a little damage to the creature.'

The creature raws, and accepts the challenge with the paladin. It casts protection from law on itself and moves into melee. Roran's readies action deals a solid blow.

The creature is 5f5 above Roran's square!

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 10
@ Seward
@ Naneryn -13 lethal
@ Pietro -1 lethal
@ Roran
@ Telos (shield)

Priest -27 lethal
The Visitant (barkskin, protec) -20 lethal

Team may act!

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Wow AC over 21

Seward takes aim at the outsider and plunks it a couple of times for good measure.

Longbow Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 261d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5
Longbow Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 221d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

My bow may not be the most effective weapon here... Hey Stinky elf if you have like a holy water or tanglefoot bag that might work well here

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Arg, Roran is in the way now. This leaves me little choice except a sure thing...

He dashes out to the left in a futile attempt to get an angle on the creature at all and then let's loose more arcane missiles.

20', move action

Force damage, missile 1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Force damage, missile 2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

The smelly elf stops to ponder the situation, with the darn creature floating above our heads. Abruptly, he cocks his head to the side and smiles mischievously. He pulls out his silver dagger and begins casting a spell with it.
He extends his hand way over his head and begins waving the dagger around in a circle. Each pass, he pulls the dagger a little closer to himself until he has to start crouching down as the dagger gets lower and lower. Once he is squatting, with his rump nearly touching the floor, he leaps up high with a shout, "LOWER!" and points the dagger over the bug's head. Thousands of tiny silver daggers spew from the tip of the dagger and fly upward. They form a swirling cloud of slashing silver daggers. The air above him is filled with the daggers that swirl in a great semi-circle (flattened against the wall). Surely anything caught in that swarm of silver death would be cut to shreds. Next Naneryn holds the dagger out before him and begins pushing it downward. As he does, the swirling cloud of daggers above the visitant's head begins to lower as well. He looks up at the creature while straining to push the dagger downward, "Come to pappa!"

He cast silent image. He is hoping to convince the visitant that he needs to come down out of the sky into striking distance.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"Ooh, That's better. By Cayden! Where is the justice in that? All the stomach tumult but none of the pleasure of a night out."

Pietro casts shield of faith on himself and moves in closer, ducking when need be beneath the hail of daggers.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran swings again.

magic/slashing: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 101d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The magic missiles, the arrows from the ranger both land on the creature, however, this time, it looks less scathed.

Will, creature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

The creature looks up at the could of silver daggers above it, and back down at Naneryn, "Cute. You want me grounded? Fine, give it your best." As the creature lands down on the ground, and then pierces his claws through the paladin.

It is on the floor.

Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 181d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 261d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5, hit
Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 181d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 211d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Grab;Eviserate: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 262d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 31d4 ⇒ 4 -- @Roran please make me a DC 18 Fortitude save, or take CHA damage.

As it lets Roran go, it pierces it's dagger like claws through your flesh, ripping into it from all different angles. You feel your energy sap away from you. It releases you from its grasp.

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 11
@ Seward
@ Naneryn -13 lethal
@ Pietro (SOF) -1 lethal
@ Roran -8 lethal (dc 18 fort)
@ Telos (shield)

Priest -27 lethal
The Visitant (barkskin, protec) -30 lethal

Team may act!

851 to 900 of 1,323 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tealk’s - Core - Thornkeep Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.