GM Tealk's - Core - Thornkeep Series

Game Master Tealk

Dark Menagerie - Maps!


801 to 850 of 1,250 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

I don't know what you are 'doing', either frontwards or backwards. But I do know that I had a major crush on Kim Richards way back then!

Naneryn goes back into the west room. He wants yet another look at the crystals. Can he climb into the giant geode?

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Teh Script

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Unfortunately, you are too big for the geode, my smelly friend. But that doesnt stop you from trying.

Telos pulls on the door leading back into the chapel, and to his surprise, it opens easily. You are met with the same emotionless stare of the wide eyed human woman in raggy clothing who closed the door behind you. "How wonderful. You are back and you indeed witnessed the wonders of Witch Island. I hear Dwayne Johnson was amazing in that."

She has a blank look on her face. Time to get grilled by the players. Yes, i've actualy watched the original, but let's see what you think. :)

"Please come, follow me. The Visitant would like to see you now." She leads you to the back room.

How would you like to prepare?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:
How would you like to prepare?

What!? And break our perfect track record!?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos will cast Shield just before they enter the room with the visitant. From that point it lasts 4 minutes / 40 rounds.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward casts longstrider much to the fat mans disappointment.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

You walk past some more relics, and up the stairs through an ancient door. This strangely shaped room consists of two wings. To the east, a low workbench wraps around the walls. To the west, a larger wing opens into what appears to be a strange laboratory. A curving workbench covered with gory heaps of flesh and bone sits against the laboratory’s wall. In alcoves to the north and south are strange contraptions resembling iron cages fitted with human-sized openings.

The woman priest smiles awkwardly, and bows. "You are to be blessed by his grace. Listen closely, and you will hear his wisdom. Only those who have truly witnessed his miracles are to view The Visitant for all that he is. The master of all."

The door, seemingly closes on it's own. There is no one in this space, and the air is stale and thin.

What do you do?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos steps forward into the room to get a better look at the laboratory and workbench. He sighs, figuring any discoveries here are not going to be the most pleasant kind.

He looks back and forth between the cages and piles of flesh.

So, is this where our "visitant" makes his followers?

Perception, traps: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Cast detect magic, scan laboratory

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward goes poking around the pounds of flesh So these people are crazy right?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"Well if this is it it's sort of putting me off my breakfast. Speaking of which, do you have any pastries and doughnuts in the narthex?" Pietro says in his indoor voice. It's the voice he uses when asking for food and drink.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Alrighty then, you have been warned. Warning - Difficult encounter ahead!

...I'm going to say that someone tapped Naneryn for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 healing before you enter.

You take a few moments to look around. No traps. No bodies. Just a cold, eerie sensation like you are being watched. Those of you listening and paying close attention, feel slight vibrations in the air.

Perception:

Pietro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Roran: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Naneryn: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Seward: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Telos: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Seward catches a glimpse of something out of the corner of his eye, as a spell goes off.

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Summon Monster IV: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 ...okay then

You are encouraged to make this roll, just in case you forgot what Dretches are.

DC 13 Planes:
These are simple dretch demons. Even the lowest demons of the Abyss are dangerous and filled with a driving need to spread ruin and dismay. The lowly dretch is as hideous and foul as it is cruel, even if it lacks the strength and power to realize its need to brutalize others in its native realm. The lot of the dretch’s existence is to serve more powerful demons as victims, and only the lucky few survive long enough to evolve. They have DR-Cold Iron, or Good, and are IMMUNE TO ELECTRICITY!

Combat Tracker! wrote:


It’s about to get real…(1) - ♭ Music!

@ Seward
@ Naneryn
@ Pietro
@ Roran
@ Telos (shield)

Dretches (red, green, blue, orange, yellow)
The Visitant

Team may act!

Guys, this is probably the most difficult fight in this entire series, so...ah, yeah. Good luck?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:

Alrighty then, you have been warned. Warning - Difficult encounter ahead!

...I'm going to say that someone tapped Naneryn for 1d8+1 healing before you enter.

WHAT! I thought he always looked like that. That, I don't think he ever updates his subtitle.

Pietro slams Naneryn with his wand (inflicting 3 points of damage, and healing him for 12).

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

"So, no donuts then?" Pietro says dolefully. He swings his morningstar.

Morningstar v yellow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 What a WASTE of a perfectly good 20!

"WRETCHED DRETCH. DON'T TRY TO ZAP THEM TELOS--THEY ARE IMMUNE TO YOUR SPARKLES. ONLY NANERYN'S LITTLE SWORD IS GOING TO DO MUCH AGAINST THEM. WHY ISN'T HE OUT FRONT!!--THE BOOB!"

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Sorry, I thought I had a post saying I was stealthing in behind the rest of the group (into the priest room). My absence would not have seemed quite so long :( Anyway, it would not matter here

My little what? complains The Smelly One. Pulling out his cold iron short sword, he looks at all the dretches. Eyes going wild with fear, he leaps forward and stabs at the yellow dretch. "Better figure out where these came from. If these are just the shock-troops, we are in for a world of hurt. VISITANT, YOU ARE A COWARD AND SUCK ROYALLY!"

tohit yellow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
cold iron: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

crit confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
cold iron: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

If they are flat footed, then I get extra damage
ImASmellyRogue: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

"Seward, you have cold iron arrows! I do too, if you run out! Telos, I have scrolls of protection from evil and protection from chaos in my backpack. There is also a potion of magic weapon in there too, if that will help."

Can Naneryn have dropped his backpack before moving up to attack? If not, can they take it from me / dig in it while I'm fighting?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none
GM Tealk wrote:
and are IMMUNE TO ELECTRICITY

Okay, now that's just mean...

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward draws a holy water and chucks it at blue while he waits for a shot to open up.

Holy Water: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 302d4 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3) + 1 = 6

Holy Water crit confirm: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 112d4 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2) + 1 = 5

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

I might be okay. Firstly, while I prefer the "sparkles" (as our drunken cleric puts it), I'm quite capable of producing the usual flaming orb of fire. Secondly, when spells run out, I have cold iron sling bullets. So, how to do this...

/me looks at the map. Wow this is a tight space. I *think* I have an angle of sight to the yellow dretch, with which to place this spell...

Telos rotates his hand in a circular motion, as if forming an invisible ball in his hands. At the end of the hallway, a flaming sphere appears near the dretch at the back of the room.

Cast flaming sphere, standard action; Duration 4 rounds
FIRE damage vs yellow (orange?), DC17 reflex negates: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 3) = 11

He then retrieves something from his belt that he rarely messes with...

Draw weapon, sling.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

"I know a demon anywhere"

Smite evil on blue
Roran five foots into the corner and draws his morning star and swings at blue.

Smite+power attack
CI morning star: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d8 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Some of you who identified the creature, also remember they are resistant to all other forms of energy also...becsuse demons.

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20, takes no damage

Two of the creatures spew a putrid gas into the room filling it up. The stinking cloud is in the room. As long as you're inside, you'll need to be making 2x DC 12 fort saves or become nauseated.

The rest attack their targets.

Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 201d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 roran
Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 981d100 ⇒ 991d100 ⇒ 66

Blue dead

Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 pietro
Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 341d100 ⇒ 451d100 ⇒ 5

Combat Tracker! wrote:


20% Miss chance, and DC 12 fort x2 please

It’s about to get real…(2) - ♭ Music!

@ Seward

@ Naneryn

@ Pietro -2 lethal

@ Roran

@ Telos (shield)

Dretches (red, green, blue dead, orange, yellow -10)

The Visitant

Team may act!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos keeps is flaming sphere where it is, as that dretch hasn't moved.

Round 2/4 of spell
FIRE damage vs yellow, DC17 reflex negates: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 6) = 17

He then casts a new spell, aimed at the dretch directly forward at the back of the chamber.

Cast magic missile, standard action
Force damage, missile 1 vs blue: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Force damage, missile 2 vs blue: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Still pretty crowded in here, so nothing sane to do with a move action

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

You'll need to make two fort saves, or be nauseated. The stinking cloud is in the whole room.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Telos Downshot wrote:
I might be okay. Firstly, while I prefer the "sparkles" (as our drunken cleric puts it), I'm quite capable of producing the usual flaming orb of fire. Secondly, when spells run out, I have cold iron sling bullets. So, how to do this...

"'DRUNKEN?' THIS EARLY IN THE MORNING I AM ONLY SLIGHTLY HUNG-OVER. DRUNKEN INDEED! I HAVEN'T EVEN HAD SECOND BREAKFAST YET!"

GM Tealk wrote:
You'll need to make two fort saves, or be nauseated. The stinking cloud is in the whole room.

"TELOS! WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR BREAKFAST THIS MORNING?!"

Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Pietro lays into the foes all about him. Tealk, Is there a miss chance? I see you have one for the dretch.

just in case, 20%(?) miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 97 mwk morningstar v green: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Realizing that he is doing little more than buffeting his foes like a kid in a pillow fight, Pietro turns and bellows at point-blank range. "NANERYN! WHERE ARE YOU AND THAT TINY IRON TOOTHPICK OF YOURS!"

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Roran feels the demons body fall from his blow and quickly turns and attacks green.

CI morningstar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 221d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
20% miss chance, lo bad: 1d100 ⇒ 47

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

fort dc12: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
fort dc12: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18

"I'm right..<cough><gag>.. here." Unable to do anything else, he makes his way to the big cleric and presses the cold iron short sword into his hands. "pretend its ..<gag> a <gag> club"

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

doh! right....

Fortitude, DC12: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Fortitude, DC12: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:
"TELOS! WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR BREAKFAST THIS MORNING?!"

Me?! We have the stinky elf with us and you blame the heroic halfling?! Maybe I'll just take my flaming ball and go home...

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Stinking Cloud - As per fog cloud, The fog obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker can’t use sight to locate the target).


Prototype GM Tool CR-X

Seward coughs, and opens the door behind you, to let some of the cloud out. "We can't keep fighting in this tight space, *cough* I can't see anything!"

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 241d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

@Telos, you can take a move action, because you would not have had a legitimate target for your magic missile.

@Pietro, yes, there is a 20% miss chance while inside!

Reflex, yellow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

You hear sizzling from one of the demons, as it gets singed by the ball of fire cast by your sorcerer. The rest, take action into their own hands.

Bite: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 211d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 - Pietro
Claw: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 211d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 /hit
claw: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 81d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 241d100 ⇒ 101d100 ⇒ 66

Bite: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 91d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 - Pietro
Claw: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 161d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
claw: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 91d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 131d100 ⇒ 931d100 ⇒ 1

Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 - Roran
Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 221d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 1001d100 ⇒ 621d100 ⇒ 11

Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 - Roran
Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 241d100 ⇒ 741d100 ⇒ 56

As Seward moves out of the room to get some space from the gas, the priests unanimously speak. "The Visitant has deemed you unworthy. You will be destroyed, in the name of the one and true saviour."

The priests seem to be getting ready to fight.

Combat Tracker! wrote:


It’s about to get real…(3) - ♭ Music!

Stinking Cloud x2 - You must make 2 DC 13 Fort Saves, or be nauseated. As per fog cloud, The fog obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker can’t use sight to locate the target).

@ Seward
@ Naneryn - nauseated, must leave cloud
@ Pietro -4 lethal
@ Roran
@ Telos (shield)

Dretches (red, green -5, blue, orange -7, yellow -5)
Priests (red, purple, blue, green, brown)
The Visitant

Team may act!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none
GM Tealk wrote:
@Telos, you can take a move action, because you would not have had a legitimate target for your magic missile.

If I'd moved forward would I have had an angle to any dretches at the side? With everybody standing in the entry I can't really move forward without drawing AoOs. Also, that would get me back my standard action, not just a move action. The move action is begin used to move the flaming sphere.

Round 3 of flaming sphere
Use move action to move sphere west onto yellow again
FIRE damage vs yellow, DC17 reflex negates: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 4) = 12

Still have *this rounds* standard action

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords
Telos Downshot wrote:
GM Tealk wrote:
@Telos, you can take a move action, because you would not have had a legitimate target for your magic missile.

If I'd moved forward would I have had an angle to any dretches at the side? With everybody standing in the entry I can't really move forward without drawing AoOs. Also, that would get me back my standard action, not just a move action. The move action is begin used to move the flaming sphere.

@ Telos - You would need to be standing in Naneryn's spot to be 5ft away from a dretch and have line of sight. Standing behind him would be too far away per fog cloud rules. I'm still allowing you to move your sphere because you would know where it is. This is why i'm effectively saying you can take back your magic missile.

Edit - Interesting interaction. Your burning sphere would actually burn away some of the gas. So the spaces that it's in, would burn away and become clear! I will update these squares on the map now.

@Everyone who is still starting in the cloud during consequent turns will need to make 2x DC 13 fortitude saves.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Cool, welp, if folks move on into the room, feel free to bot those magic missiles while I'm gone. One more round of flaming sphere left and one more full casting of it (for another 4 rounds).

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

The cloud finally gets to him. Roran retreats out of the room.

Roran has to go through a gauntlet. I think he provokes from everyon in the room

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Telos, and Roran both move out of the stinking cloud to face a bunch of unhappy clerics.

Also, moving Naneryn out of cloud for last turn.

No attacks of opportunity with concealment, I believe.

Combat Tracker! wrote:


It’s about to get real…(3) - ♭ Music!

Stinking Cloud - As per fog cloud, The fog obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker can’t use sight to locate the target).

@ Seward
@ Naneryn - nauseated, 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 rounds
@ Pietro -4 lethal
Roran - nauseated, 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 rounds
@ Telos (shield), standard action left

Dretches (red, green -5, blue, orange -7, yellow -5)
Priests (red, purple, blue, green, brown)
The Visitant

Team may act!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Pietro exchanges the cold iron short for his incredibly heavy moringstar with Naneryn.

"Thanks, little buddy! Now—SAY! WHERE THE BLAZES IS EVERYONE! —Typical."

He steps back for some cover from the hallway and prays for the luck of his god.

cast defensively DC 17: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Casts divine favor (+2 luck bonus to attack and weapon damage).

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Back!

GM Tealk wrote:
Telos, and Roran both move out of the stinking cloud to face a bunch of unhappy clerics.

I think this used up my std. action then. Also removes my line of site for my flaming sphere.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward takes a step back and waits for something to come into view.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Unable to do anything but gag and run, the smelly-elf-who-got-out-stinked runs along the wall, looking for a place to hide.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

@Telos, sorry, you're right. I've put you back to where you started. (Also @Pietro)...If you remain in the cloud, you will have to make more fortitude saves. So it's up to you. Please re-have your turn haha. :)

The remaining demons in the room attack the cleric.

Bite: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 4 = 201d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 /hit!
Claw: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 4 = 141d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
claw: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 4 = 11d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 851d100 ⇒ 621d100 ⇒ 69

Bite: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 4 = 121d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Claw: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 4 = 51d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
claw: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 4 = 191d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 741d100 ⇒ 871d100 ⇒ 7

Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 631d100 ⇒ 271d100 ⇒ 50

Outside of the smoke, the party faces a new threat. The teiflings go to attack the party, while the cleric who was guiding you all along takes out another dagger and approaches the paladin. "Take out the weak, don't give them a chance to recover!"

Dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 - Naneryn /hit!
Dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 - Naneryn
Dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 201d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 - Roran

Punching Dagger: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 4 = 181d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 - Roran

Combat Tracker! wrote:


It’s about to get real…(3) - ♭ Music!

Stinking Cloud - As per fog cloud, The fog obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker can’t use sight to locate the target).

@ Seward ready action to attack, probably triggers
Naneryn -7 lethal nauseated 3 rounds left
Pietro -7 lethal
Roran nauseated 3 rounds left
@ Telos (shield)

Dretches (red, green -5, blue, orange -7, yellow -5)
Priests (red, purple, blue, green, brown)
The Visitant

Seward has readied action, Telos to act sitll!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Okay, finally a chance to post (long day)... Telos will stay in the fog one more round to control his last round of flaming sphere.

Telos steels himself to bear the fog a little longer...

Fortitude, DC12: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Fortitude, DC12: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Pietro, hang in there! A little fire help is on the way!

Fourth and final round of flaming sphere.
Control flaming sphere, 2N, landing on the red dretch in front of Pietro
FIRE damage vs red, DC17 reflex negates: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 5) = 15
That should end my turn so we can move on :)

Soon after the flaming orb winks out of existence.

Quickly, run towards my voice and get out of there!

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Enemies have already had their turns on my previous post. Moving on.

Reflex,red: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15, takes some damage

Combat Tracker! wrote:


It’s about to get real…(4) - ♭ Music!

Stinking Cloud - As per fog cloud, The fog obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker can’t use sight to locate the target).

@ Seward ready action to attack, probably triggers
@ Naneryn -7 lethal nauseated 2 rounds left
@ Pietro -7 lethal
@ Roran nauseated 2 rounds left
@ Telos (shield)

Dretches (red -5, green -5, blue, orange -7, yellow -5)
Priests (red, purple, blue, green, brown)
The Visitant

Everyone may act!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran continues to move away from the enemies, back to more open space.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

So, it looks like I'm seeing Energy Resistance: Fire 10 in addition to the electricity immunity (!!) Maybe I'll just lay down more flaming spheres in the star room and play dretch cleanup for multiple rounds while we fight the clerics?

Telos again yells deeper into the fog.

Pietro! Get out of there, I'll cover your escape!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:

Pietro exchanges the cold iron short for his incredibly heavy moringstar with Naneryn.

"Thanks, little buddy! Now—SAY! WHERE THE BLAZES IS EVERYONE! —Typical."

He steps back for some cover from the hallway and prays for the luck of his god.

[DICE=cast defensively DC 17]1d20+6

Casts divine favor (+2 luck bonus to attack and weapon damage).

Ah, one of those sorts of poisonous gas clouds, in which case he Withdraws last round out into some fresh dungeon air (possibly trampling Telos in the process) and makes a stand there. Then casts his spell this round. That may leave him some movement.


Prototype GM Tool CR-X

Seward takes his readied action, as soon as the priests become hostile. And then has his turn. He will unload on purple and red, trying to rescue the smelly elf.

Point Blank Shot Longbow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 1 = 241d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 -- readied

Point Blank Shot Rapid Shot Longbow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 121d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Point Blank Shot Rapid Shot Longbow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 281d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Roran moves, provoking.

Dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Punching Dagger: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 4 = 81d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Outside, Naneryn cowers as one of the priests gets hailed on my arrows, but is too afraid to move, as that will provoke.

The priests continue their assault.

Purple moves his attention onto the archer, while green jumps off the edge to persue Roran with blue. Red continues to harass the elf, while your 'friend' seeing Pietro cast spells, moves after him.

Dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 purple
Dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 green
Dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 blue
Dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 221d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 red, hit on Naneryn

Punching Dagger: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 8 - 4 = 191d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 -- at Pietro, hit.

A surge of pain strikes the cleric, as his muscles tense. Please give me a fortitude save, or poisoned

The deamons move to surround the sorcerer, who bravely stays inside the fog. Another round of fortitude saves please, my friend.

Bite, miss?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d100 ⇒ 36
Bite, miss?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d100 ⇒ 70
Bite, miss?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d100 ⇒ 61 -- hit

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 5

Stinking Cloud - As per fog cloud, The fog obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker can’t use sight to locate the target).

@ Seward
@ Naneryn -13 lethal nauseated 1 rounds left
@ Pietro -12 lethal
@ Roran nauseated 1 rounds left
@ Telos -5 lethal (shield)

Dretches (red, green -5, blue, orange -7, yellow -5)
Priests (red, purple -9, blue, green, brown)
The Visitant

Team may act!

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Edit- Red dretch is on -5 lethal. Woops!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Did a whole round go by without Telos getting actions? I was waiting for Pietro to move so I wouldn’t burn him

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran will drop his morning star and draw his longsword as the last bit of nausea leaves his body.

Free action to drop and move action to draw

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Hopefully we can clarify waits vs. "moving on", because at this point I've lost at least two rounds of actions in what is purportedly a hard battle. Continuing...

Telos steps back cautiously and drops another flaming orb in front of him, to dissuade the dretches who are following him.

5' step
Cast flaming sphere, standard action. Round 1 of 4
Instead of directing it to a foe, which would leave open a path to himself, he's leaving it in a square that blocks passage for all dretches

With a 5' step, I cannot take movement this round (whatever round this is), and so I still end up in the fog cloud :/ So...

Fortitude, DC12: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Fortitude, DC12: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 ouch

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward takes a step away from purple and plugs him with arrows.

Point Blank Shot Rapid Shot Longbow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 211d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Point Blank Shot Rapid Shot Longbow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 271d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Filthy priests make a mockery of good religious traditions

801 to 850 of 1,250 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tealk’s - Core - Thornkeep Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.