GM Tealk's - Core - Thornkeep Series

Game Master Tealk

Dark Menagerie - Maps!


1,201 to 1,250 of 1,331 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:1/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 4 images

Will uses his divinations and innate knowleges to try to figure stuff out.

knowledge:Arcana: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 = 24

knowledge:Arcana: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 = 30

He identifies the helmet as an animated object. Well, this little guy has a powerful enchantment on it. It seems harmless enough from this distance.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Apologies, my return from the weekend was slower than I’d hoped

what are the odds the visitant appears twice in one scenario? Getting oil of daylight as well, 2pp. If it isn’t needed now, we’ll have one for the final floor later.

The halfling frowns as the bell rings out.

Hmm, this place feels too active already. I’m getting the sense that someone has already passed through here and triggered this already...

Telos weaves his own simpler runes in the air and focuses his arcane eye on the magic circle.

Cast detect magic

knowledge (arcana), DC25: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Again he frowns. Remembering that dragons tend to have non-trivial arcane power, in fact their very bloodline can imbue it in others, he turns to the newest member of the team.

I cannot tell what that circle was used for. Blemia, would you mind trying?

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

"The circle could be a trap. I have seen members of my order use circles on the ground to contain demons" Roran says looking over the circle.

Looking over the helmet. "Are you guys able to determine what enchantments are on the helmet?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Roran Garrowson wrote:
Willing to burn some prestige to get the scroll of daylight

Pietro can just prepare daylight if you like, though it is probably the first thing he will burn for cure serious wounds.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:
Roran Garrowson wrote:
Willing to burn some prestige to get the scroll of daylight
Pietro can just prepare daylight if you like, though it is probably the first thing he will burn for cure serious wounds.

That's fine too. I'll still purchase one as a "just in case"

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

As you slowly approach the circle in the centre of the room, the helmet suddenly comes to life and surges towards you. Your first instinct is to duck your heads, but as you pull up - you realise that it is completely harmless.

It circles the party a couple of times, curiously bobbing around in the space between your heads and the dungeon. It moves to the centre of the group, and first looks at Telos, then turns around to Will, then back to Telos and back to will. It starts to inch closer, but then rotates suddenly towards the wise Pietro, knocking itself onto one side, then shaking his head. You all feel as if it is making an important decision, scanning you with it's magic. It finally changes it's mind, and focuses on Telos - moving over his head. It slowly lowers itself, just on top of the mage's shoulder.

Regarding Blemia, I will not be placing her token on the map, since she is technically a non-combatant. But, since you are taking her with you, it gives me a chance to make side commentary!

Your new companion curiously moves towards the circle in the center of the room. She sniffs it, and looks back at the group. "It looks like a circle of some sort. Is it magical? You know, you're the ones who are supposed to know everything about this place - not me! Is it dangerous to leave in my new lair?" She seems to be unable to determine anything more about this circle. For a wyrmling she is still too young as a dragon to know too much about anything in this world. For reference, she only has knowledge local, and planes.

Where to next team?

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:1/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 4 images

Always a bridesmaid never a bride... Will feels slightly rejected.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:

As you slowly approach the circle in the centre of the room, the helmet suddenly comes to life and surges towards you. Your first instinct is to duck your heads, but as you pull up - you realise that it is completely harmless.

It circles the party a couple of times, curiously bobbing around in the space between your heads and the dungeon. It moves to the centre of the group, and first looks at Telos, then turns around to Will, then back to Telos and back to Will. It starts to inch closer, but then rotates suddenly towards the wise Pietro....

Pietro looks around. "OH! YOU MEAN ME!"

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:
GM Tealk wrote:

As you slowly approach the circle in the centre of the room, the helmet suddenly comes to life and surges towards you. Your first instinct is to duck your heads, but as you pull up - you realise that it is completely harmless.

It circles the party a couple of times, curiously bobbing around in the space between your heads and the dungeon. It moves to the centre of the group, and first looks at Telos, then turns around to Will, then back to Telos and back to Will. It starts to inch closer, but then rotates suddenly towards the wise Pietro....

Pietro looks around. "OH! YOU MEAN ME!"

Yes you, silly billy! :)

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos gives a sideways look to the helmet. Oh... hey there.

He looks around at the group, unsure of what to make of this decision.

Maybe it will help us later on here? I hope it's not helping the Visitant track us...

Shudder

Telos moves towards the double doors, checking for various traps.

Perception, non-magical traps: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Cast Detect Magic, magical traps

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:1/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 4 images

Will gives Telos a hand searching the door as well.

perception: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 2 = 33

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"OH, PAY IT NO MIND. IT'S PROBABLY ONE OF THOSE FLOATING SKULL THINGS FROM UNDERMOUNTAIN® RESKINNED TO AVOID SOME CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION!" Pietro tries to shoo the thing away. "GO BACK AND TELL HALASTER (OR PERHAPS IT'S 'ALASTER' HERE) THAT WE'RE NOT INTERESTED! THERE'S NOTHING THAT YOU NOR YOUR MAKER CAN DO TO MAKE UP FOR THE WIZARD'S MASK! Why of the all infernal cheek. Deserves to be Forgotten Realms if you ask me."

Pietro moves down and around the stairwell muttering darkly to himself.

"YOU'RE NOT KEEPING THAT CURSED HELM ARE YOU!?" Pietro asks in way that leaves little doubt of what his thoughts are on the matter.

Someone with detect magic and spellcraft might be able to discern the helmet's purpose--like a dragon maybe.

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:1/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 4 images

Will tries to satisfy Pietro's curosity, detecting magic on the helmet and thinking about what he sees.

Spellcraft: Heroism, take 10 for a 21

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Detecting magic on the helmet, you pick up strong auras of transmutation and conjugation. Since this is your first time in this dungeon, Will, you for the first time feel the overwhelming Azlanti magic coming off this construct. Nhur Athemon definately enchanted this helmet, to serve as an aid to those passing through his Menagerie - but for what darker purpose, you cannot tell.

The rest of the team, with Wills catefull eyes cannot find anything sinister on the door leading onwards, and push it open. A grand unremarkable corridor stretches forwards, you can see twin doors standing on the other end. Lonely doors half way down the corridor is closed, but you can see green vines growing underneath it.

Which way?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos approaches the doors on the left, and again checks them for hazards.

Perception, non-magical traps: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Cast Detect Magic, magical traps

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The helmet hangs on top of Telos's shoulder, as he moves to investigate the next door. "Welcome, to the Jungle." A voice in his head seems to ring for a few movements, then disappears. He finds no traps on the doors.

Swinging the doors open, vibrant foliage creates impenetrable walls of shrubbery that encase the chamber and sprawl across its center, but ends sharply at the hallway as though cut away with a knife. Trees and shrubbery create a thick maze of jungle brush and undergrowth, and their canopy blocks out most of the bright light pouring from the open sky above. To the north, a gap in the foliage leads into a dank, unlit stone cavern. To the west, an enormous kapok tree towers above the rest of the jungle terrain.

Perception:

Pietro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Roran: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Seward: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Telos: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Ooze: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Snake: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Curled up in the tall grass, a large snake with two heads, one at each end of its long, coiling body, dances upright, and hisses violently at the group. Then, what seems to be a mass of diseased fibers growing on a plant suddenly moves towards the group and slithers independently from its sickly host.

Dungeoneering DC 13+:
A garden ooze is an animate, acidic mass of protoplasmic goo that dwells among foliage and scavenges proteins in the form of carrion or small animals that blunder into its vicinity. Although garden oozes are occasionally found in underground regions near the surface—such as sewers, sinkholes, and shallow caves—these oozes prefer the outdoors. One reason for this is that garden oozes are attracted to large collections of organic material where other tiny creatures might come to scavenge. This ooze can release chemicals from it's body, that if inhaled can cause you to become sickened for some rounds. Other then their adapt camouflage, they are rather unremarkable.

Arcana DC 14+:
The reclusive amphisbaena is a dreaded viper with a head at either end of its thick, serpentine coils. It travels in a strange, undulant crawl akin to that of a sidewinder, looping the coils of its long body back and forth and keeping both of its heads at the alert. Amphisbaenas are said to have formed from the blood of medusas, and while such stories are highly suspect, the creatures possess a natural immunity to petrification, which make them favored pets of medusas or other creatures with the petrification ability. It has two strong bite attacks - with a fast acting poison, and can split into two snakes, if dealt a critical hit with a slashing weapon.

Combat Tracker wrote:


Round 1

@ Seward
@ Telos
@Will
@Pietro
@Roran

! Garden Ooze
! Amphisbaena

Everyone may act!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

"What in the world are those things" The paladin says seeing the atrocities before him.

Roran moves into the room and readies a slash when an enemy approaches.

readied power attack
+1 longsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 221d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"OFF-HAND I'D SAY WHATEVER THEY THEY LOOK HUNGRY. PERHAPS WE SHOULDN'T BE WALKING THROUGH THE ANIMAL PENS?" says the 'wise' Pietro.

Likewise.
readied mwk morningstar (power attack): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:1/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 4 images

Take 10 via loremaster for a knowledge 21 Planes, knowledge 19 dungeoneering

Will begins a bardic performance, and as he does so he shares the dangers the creatures pose " The two headed snake is called a amphisbaena and it can bite twice, and if you critically strike it with a slashing weapon, will split into two snake. The garden ooze wil sicken you with chemicals it releases. "

Move: Move up slightly, Std: inspire courage (+2 competence bonus to attack, damage, and +2 morale bonus to saves vs fear/charm

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Will Shenrit wrote:
Will begins a bardic performance, and as he does so he shares the dangers the creatures pose " The two headed snake is called a amphisbaena and it can bite twice, and if you critically strike it with a slashing weapon, will split into two snake. The garden ooze wil sicken you with chemicals it releases. "

"THAT REMINDS ME. REMEMBER DINNER LAST NIGHT? I HAD THE LIVER AND ONIONS, WITH A SIDE OF BAKED BEANS AND GRAVY POURED OVER ALL THAT WHOLE GRAIN BREAD, AND THEN ALL THAT COFFEE THIS MORNING. Well...."

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

The halfling moves up into the room to get a clean shot at the two-headed snake.

I don't suppose I'll be getting close enough to it to do any slashing or splitting. Let's try the big one...

Telos hair starts to stand on end as he begins to weave what seems like a new incantation. The final motion looks akin to winding up to throw a javelin. At the last moment his index finger springs forward and a powerful streak of lightning arcs to the snake.

[move] 20' N
[standard] Cast lightning bolt vs. snake
Lightning damage, DC18 reflex half: 6d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 6, 1, 1) = 11 That is a sick joke... yahtzee!

I... uh. That will work better next time. I promise...


Prototype GM Tool CR-X

Seward knocks two arrows into his bow, and fires them with rapid succession at the snake.
Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 241d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 201d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
All bonuses included.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The garden ooze begins to move towards the group, but before it can get too close, the paladin and the cleric squash it almost instantly.

The sorcerer produces a...lightning bolt? towards the giant twin snake, and your ranger sinks two arrows into its flesh.
Reflex, vs LB: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

All with Wills guidance, or course. Holy crap, do bards bonuses help!

The amphisbaena recoils, and moves forwards and tries to bite Roran.
Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 241d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 191d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

The party may act in round 2!

The snake looks like it's on its last...legs?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Okay little helmet. That'll about do. Let's finish this grotesque creature off with something simple.

Telos points his left hand at it and fires of the familiar ray of electricity.

elemental ray attack (inspired), electricity damage: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 = 121d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:1/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 4 images

Will maintains his performance and further moves up, stopping when he has a clear shot on the snake.

atk,heroism,IC: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 27damage: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13

Thanks Tealk! Glad to help out.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Whew, so glad I took shield focus this level

"So avoid slashing?" Roran confirms before attempting to shield bash.

shield bash: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 = 271d4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7

AC is 21 for this round

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Telos Downshot wrote:
I... uh. That will work better next time. I promise...

"Perhaps you should shuffle your feet along the grassy carpet more?" Pietro says in his most comforting tone.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

The halfling nods. Hmm, yes, good idea.

He begins rubbing his feet on the grown beneath them, shuffling in place.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

After another attack from the paladin, and a follow up shot from the bard, the large snake falls over. Its skin begins to shed to the soft earth!

Telos does his fest to shuffle around, but the soil isn't enough to even make his hair stand.

When you detect magic around the room.

The gigantic kapok tree planted in the west side of the room is the heart of this chamber’s magic. Penetrating the tree’s bark unleashes an unusual amount of glittering, amber sap from its wood.

DC 16 Arcana:
If bottled and consumed, the magical sap acts as a potion of barkskin. However, you think doing so, will also drain the tree of it's magic, causing it to die off.

What do you do. Let me know in which direction you chose to go next.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Arcana, DC16: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

That sap is... something useful. But I can't tell quite what right now.

Telos peers into the room to the north...

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:1/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 4 images

Take 10 via loremastee on arcana for a 21

Will agrees,” If bottled and consumed, the magical sap acts as a potion of barkskin. However, I think doing so, will also drain the tree of it's magic, causing it to die off.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Thats useful...you should consider drinking it Pietro. If you would like I could prepare some pancakes for that syrup. Seward jokes teasing that he might be like other halflings for once.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

So? What are you doing with the sap then?

From where Telos is standing, he can feel hot air through the passage way leading north. Peering in, he can see a dark room. His new companion on his shoulder echoes in his mind, "This way, to the Gauntlet."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Nothing until Pietro can get some pancake batter, and some time to cook.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

... This way to what Guantlet?

He looks around at the others. Were we looking for a gauntlet? I'm starting to wonder if I can trust this thing...

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

"Are you trying to build a suit of armor or something." Roran says sarcastically and follows the direction from the halfling.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Content with leaving the tree and the sap be for the time being, the group pushes forward into the next room.

A dark night sky full of twinkling stars appears above. Running southwest to northeast is a jagged bridge of land leading over a huge ravine. Obsidian cliffs descend from the land bridge on both the left and right sides, plummeting downward to the hard dirt forty feet below, which is intermittently dotted with dead trees whose roots appear to claw at the soil. A set of natural stairs rises from the chasm’s floor in the southwestern portion of this room. To the south is a small tunnel dug out of the chasm wall at the base of the valley, and to the north a wooden door is set into the black rock where the bridge meets the chasm’s edges.

As soon as you step inside, the wind picks up, and forms into two elementals. The sand beneath your feet shifts, and rises in the form of a large creature!

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Lightning E: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Mud E: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

One of the lightning elementals flies towards the sorcerer and tries to slam him!
Slam!: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 = 241d6 + 3 + 1d4 ⇒ (5) + 3 + (2) = 10

Combat Tracker wrote:


Round 1

! Lightning Elementals (red, green)

@ Seward
@ Telos -10 lethal
@ Will
@ Pietro
@ Roran

! Mud Elemental

Everyone may act!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran toes the edge of the ravine and swings his sword at the elemental attacking telos.

+1 longsword: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 2 = 221d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 = 12

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

That is less a gauntlet or suit of armor and more a big ball of electricity you guys.

The halfling quickly strikes back with his bow.

5 ft step, fire vs purple

Rapid Shot + Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 101d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Rapid Shot + Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 271d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:1/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 4 images

Will begin an inspiring lecture,” Telos, these are your kin, shouldn’t they listen to you instead of attacking?
inspire courage +2 to attack and damage; loremaster take 10 for knowledge planes 21

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Annoyed that he can't have pancakes until after the dungeon, Pietro lashes out at the new arrivals without even looking.

+1 morningstar v green (inspired, power attack, v cover): 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 - 4 = 23 damage: 1d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Was that damage bludgeoning or lightning?

As they enter the room...

What is it with the cosmic motif in this place. If the creator of this dungeon wanted to see stars he could have just spent more time outside...

------------------

Kin? No, though they are speaking my language. But they turned on me, my brothers in lightning. And that makes me... ANGRY.

And so they get a taste of the fire!

[5' step] NW
[standard] Cast flaming sphere, placed in GREEN's square; Duration: 6 rounds (5 left after this)

FIRE damage to GREEN, DC17 reflex negates: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 6) = 12

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

@Telos - 8 was bludgeoning, 2 was lightning! Great question!

@Will - there is nothing really remarkable about these elementals. They are very basic!

The one elemental who moves to harass Telos is just as quickly struck down by the barrage of attacks from the rest of the party.

The lightning elemental who is left, charges Roran! And the mud elemental moves slowly, and aggressively towards Telos and out of the way from the fire.
Air Slam: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 + 3 = 171d6 + 3 + 1d4 ⇒ (4) + 3 + (3) = 10 / miss!
Muud Slam: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 191d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 - Telos, please give me DC 14 reflex save or become entrapped in sand, basically grappled.
The lightning elemental finishes his move just over the paladin's head, within reach.

Because the green elemental died before Telos cast his spell, I will you decide which of the other elementals you wanted to target!
Elemental Reflex Save vs Flaming Sphere: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Combat Tracker wrote:


Round 2
! Lightning Elementals (red, green)
! Mud Elemental
-6 lethal to one of the elementals?

@ Seward
@ Telos -18 lethal - DC 14 Reflex vs Entrap! - Do you resist lightning?
@ Will
@ Pietro
@ Roran

Everyone may act!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

"I appreciate you moving closer." Roran says before swinging his sword at the air elemental.

Power attack+inspire
+1 longsword: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 211d8 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 4 + 2 = 18

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:1/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 4 images

Will sends two arrows into the elements beating on Telos, hoping to hit despite the cover.

atk: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
atk: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Will Shenrit wrote:

Will begin an inspiring lecture,” Telos, these are your kin, shouldn’t they listen to you instead of attacking?

inspire courage +2 to attack and damage; loremaster take 10 for knowledge planes 21

"SO THESE ARE HALL HALFLINGS? TALL-LINGS? DO YOU KNOW THESE--er PEOPLE? THING-LINGS? STUFF!?"

knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Halflings? Half electricity, half dirt, half people?

Confused, Pietro reaches out for divine guidance but only gets in touch with Cayden's answering service. Instead his hand finds a knew tree-branch he had taken to carrying for no reason whatsoever. Pietro turns it over in his hand until light seems to shine from a point above his head.

He prods Telos from behind with it and shouts "HELL YEAH!"

wand of cure moderate wounds! v Telos: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 7) + 5 = 15

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward slides forward and fires two arrows at the elemental fighting Roran

Longbow, Deadly Aim, Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 221d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Longbow, Deadly Aim, Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 271d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Duck or something Roran

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none
GM Tealk wrote:
@Telos - 8 was bludgeoning, 2 was lightning! Great question!

Excellent, then the electricity damage didn't overcome his resistance (electricity 10)

GM Tealk wrote:
Because the green elemental died before Telos cast his spell, I will you decide which of the other elementals you wanted to target!

Looks like the save was made for this round (it's negate, not half), but I'll say the Mud elemental. Would that have changed it's action to move and evade the flaming sphere this round?

Reflex, DC14: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 Telos avoids the entrapping grasp of the encroaching lightning elemental.

Brother lightning! Back I say! You harm a brethren! Oh... thank you Pietro. I think that got rid of the fresh scar tissue that this thing caused!

Telos moves back to where he started, now that it's not surrounded by elementals...

[5' step] SE

He turns back and points his arm towards the mud elemental.

elemental ray attack vs. MUD touch AC, electricity damage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 101d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Flaming sphere stays with the mud elemental, 4 more rounds after this round.
IF the mud elemental did move to avoid the flaming sphere, Telos has a move action left to control it to follow, up to 30'

FIRE damage to MUD, DC17 reflex negates: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 5) = 15

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

With the final few seconds, the last two elementals fall. The lightning elemental, is not strong enough to sustain the hits from the arrows and longsword, whilst the mud elemental could not outlast the heat from the sorcerer's spells. Your cleric's healing spell, undid any bruising and damage which might have been caused.

Looking up into the sky, you wonder why it is the way it is. The starry sky shows no constellations that you can recognise, and seems to be of a distant place.

In addition to the elementals, one other creature makes its home here. After the room grows quiet, you hear a distinct "Hoot!" as a beautiful white own, with the stars reflecting its crimson eyes comes to perch on one of the dead trees on the ground.

DC 14 Perception:
A keen eye can notice that the owl has a strange necklace around it's neck.

What do you guys do? If you plan on catching the owl, you will need to make whatever check you wish to do so. Be creative! Though the owl attempts to elude capture if pursued, it doesn’t leave the confines of this room.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

"SQUAB! AND IT HAS A BIT OF JEWELRY ABOUT ITS NECK TOO!"

1,201 to 1,250 of 1,331 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tealk’s - Core - Thornkeep Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.