GM Tealk's - Core - Thornkeep Series

Game Master Tealk

Dark Menagerie - Maps!


701 to 750 of 1,350 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos gets a queasy feeling at her suggestion that they’ll be joining them.

Oh, we aren’t looking for a group to join. We’re just passing through.

As she continues trying to sell it to the rest of his party he casually scans her and one of the tieflings with detect magic.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"Hopefully they won't be those pushy evangelist types. Say, you guys wanna get a drink when this is all over?"

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Sorry. My soul is spoken for. We're just looking to pass through and stop the Mad Wizard's gambit. Pardon us.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

nan starts digging out his Scroll of protection from chaos

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

She turns to Pietro's question, "What's an evangelist?" As if strangely confused by such a notion.

She gestures towards one of the clerics. You watch as the cleric at the far end leaves into a dark room. "If it is refreshments you are after, you will be satisfied with the Tears of The Black Goat. My brother will bring you some for your satisfaction." In response to Pietro's suggestion. Also, I love the references. They are on point.

She listens patience to each of your comments. "I understand. Faith is not bestowed upon anyone here. You will learn to love The Black Goat, as we all have. Please, let me show you his majesty. Let us prove to you his work on this planet." she leads you towards one of the alcoves, the north most with one of the clerics cleaning it. They exchange a bow, and tilt their heads slightly off centre as they do so. The creature then moves along to the other side of the room, continuing his work.

She clears her throat. "Please everyone, gather round. This was The Black Goats first gift to Golarion. The "Boomstick". An extremely powerful weapon he used to defeat the forces of evil that plagued us many millennia ago. Pray that this weapon is never used again, we do not want history to repeat itself. Come come, gather, witness." she smiles awkwardly and waits for your reactions.

From first glance this looks very much like a damaged firearm
made of mithral with four barrels. Images of antlike humanoids wielding firearms are carved into the stock. There is nothing too special about it, and it seems like it has not been used in a long time.

DC 18 Sense Motives please.

Please move yourselves into the room. There is no danger here, I promise. What would you guys like to do, or how would you like this conversation to develop? At this point, she is going to try and convince you of The Black Goats greatness.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Anything from the detect magic scans? I'm guessing not.

Sense motive, DC18: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Telos mutters under his breath.

Huh, these people really believe this stuff... Those tears don't sound very appetizing.

Telos simply wishes to move on, and explore more worthy enigmas.

The halfling then speaks up more loudly.

You know, we're sort of busy at the moment. Yeah... we're going to be busy for while so we can't really get into a long term thing. Say, where does this door over here go? Perhaps we should continue this way folks?

Telos walks over to the southern door.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords
Telos Downshot wrote:

Anything from the detect magic scans? I'm guessing not.

Oh, I am so sorry!

You detect various powerful auras emanating from the various different relics which sit on the alcoves. You will need to concentrate on each one of them, and give me spellcraft checks to go around the room to determine their nature. The "Boomstick" for example, you can easily identify this weapon having a +1 impervious enchantment on it. There is no magic on the clerics nor your host in the room.

Telos freely moves over to the other door and inspects it. He notices that the door is locked. "Oh, I see. Those are the star rooms. Only those of true faith are allowed through there. Only those blessed by The Black Goat may see the wonders inside. Do you wish to see, maybe I can ask if he will let you witness these miracles?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:

She turns to Pietro's question, "What's an evangelist?" As if strangely confused by such a notion.

She gestures towards one of the clerics. You watch as the cleric at the far end leaves into a dark room. "If it is refreshments you are after, you will be satisfied with the Tears of The Black Goat. My brother will bring you some for your satisfaction." In response to Pietro's suggestion.

sense motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

"NO THANK YOU! I DO NOT DRINK ANYTHING THAT COMES OUT OF A GOAT'S EYE. HAVE YOU SEEN THOSE THINGS? Brrr." Pietro shivers the way the Andes do when an earthquake hits.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

sm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

So close

Roran walks into the darkened room. Not liking some of the inhabitants, he keeps his mind on the task at hand.

"I do like to see some miracles happen. Show us" Roran says as politely as possible.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Seward tries not to participate and instead begins looking for some sort of egress point so they can continue their mission.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none
GM Tealk wrote:
Telos Downshot wrote:

Anything from the detect magic scans? I'm guessing not.

Oh, I am so sorry!

You detect various powerful auras emanating from the various different relics which sit on the alcoves. You will need to concentrate on each one of them, and give me spellcraft checks to go around the room to determine their nature. The "Boomstick" for example, you can easily identify this weapon having a +1 impervious enchantment on it. There is no magic on the clerics nor your host in the room.

No worries!

The halfling speaks plainly to the group about the boomstick. Oh, this is useful. It's particularly hard to break... not that they'd appreciate us trying. Uh, these things have a tendency to backfire though. I've never been a big fan of the black powder. I prefer to safely ignite things from a distance.

He then visits the rest of the alcoves to to detect the auras of each item, where he can.

I count four alcoves with items, assuming those larger ones are magic-emanating alcoves as well (e.g., the bone structure looking thing on the north side).

parade of detect magic:
knowledge (arcana), directly south of boomstick: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
knowledge (arcana), east of the above: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
knowledge (arcana), red nubbin east of the above: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
knowledge (arcana), blue ribs to the north of the above: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

GM Tealk wrote:
Telos freely moves over to the other door and inspects it. He notices that the door is locked. "Oh, I see. Those are the star rooms. Only those of true faith are allowed through there. Only those blessed by The Black Goat may see the wonders inside. Do you wish to see, maybe I can ask if he will let you witness these miracles?"

Yeah, sure, ask. Telos absent-mindedly replies as he scans various items for information.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Naneryn, very interested in the mysterious items/puzzles, helps Telos look them over.

assist knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
assist knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
assist knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
assist knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

If those are supposed to be spellcraft to identify items, then it is +10, not +9

He throws in detect poison as well.

"By the way," he asks, "did you happen to hear that horrible noise earlier? Like steel grating on stone? I'd swear I could feel it through my feet as well as I could hear it with my ears?"

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none
Naneryn wrote:
If those are supposed to be spellcraft to identify items, then it is +10, not +9

Typically you identify auras first with arcana and then specific properties after with spellcraft.

No, I missed that noise. Did you hear it in this room or before?

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:


"NO THANK YOU! I DO NOT DRINK ANYTHING THAT COMES OUT OF A GOAT'S EYE. HAVE YOU SEEN THOSE THINGS? Brrr." Pietro shivers the way the Andes do when an earthquake hits.

Right as Pietro finishes that thought, there is a rumble inside the chapel. A small one, but enough to cause the loose rocks and debris around the place to shift slightly. The teifling you saw disappear into the room, reappears with a small silver chalice and brings it over to the drunken cleric. He bows deeply and presents him with the chalice. Your human guide articulates, "Please, you will see his miracles if you drink his tears. Only then will you see him, as we see him."

Seward Sodalug wrote:
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Seward get's the sense that even that the lady was good enough to explain what she believes the artefact is, that indeed she does not really have a full grasp of the nature of this priceless object. It sounds too rehearsed and dry, something repeated time and time again. She also looks like she hasn't been here very long...or at least not as long as these other "clerics"...

Naneryn wrote:
"By the way," he asks, "did you happen to hear that horrible noise earlier? Like steel grating on stone? I'd swear I could feel it through my feet as well as I could hear it with my ears?"

She nods, "Of course. We all heard it. The arrival of all those fortunate enough to stumble across our chapel are met with such grand sounds."

As Telos and Naneryn stumble around detecting magic on the so called artifacts, the nameless human cleric follows and explains their stories. If your order of rolls...Okay here we go.

This strange, spiked gauntlet is made of weirdly flexible red wood studded with what appear to be shark teeth made of glass. It has room for only three fingers. "The "Infinity Gauntlet of the Protector". The Black Goat wore this during his grand conquest of this planet. You notice that this is indeed a simple +1 keen spiked gauntlet.

This is a collection of what look like solidified droplets and splatters of blood, 11 in all, arranged on a wooden rack. These look quite valuable, and might have some sort of alchemical effect if used properly. "Ah, you see here the rare gems collected by our saviour. The great "Plunder of the Black". His prised possessions, they are said to hold much power." You unfortunately do not ascertain the nature of these objects.

This strangely shaped saddle is a masterwork saddle built for a very large creature. "The "Grand Saddle" of The Black Goat. Used to hoist his greatest of generals onto his back into battle. An honour only given to a rare few, none who have actually survived since those days. Such a tragedy…" You notice that the saddle itself is not magically, but somewhere inside there is a compartment which contains a amulet of natural armor +1. Do you grab this?

This is a strange skeleton of a 12-footlong, feline-like creature with eight legs and a long snout. The bones are partially translucent and despite the passage of time, are still slightly radioactive. "The fierce companion of our saviour, "Skittles". He was turned this way to preserve his essence. It is told that he had the ability to change into any colour our great master desired. They say, this gave The Black Goat the power to taste the rainbow..." This does not detect as magic.

Okay, you can tell i'm happy fun with these...

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords
Telos Downshot wrote:


GM Tealk wrote:
Telos freely moves over to the other door and inspects it. He notices that the door is locked. "Oh, I see. Those are the star rooms. Only those of true faith are allowed through there. Only those blessed by The Black Goat may see the wonders inside. Do you wish to see, maybe I can ask if he will let you witness these miracles?"

Yeah, sure, ask. Telos absent-mindedly replies as he scans various items for information.

She nods to Telos as he finishes inspecting the last artefact they are at. "Indeed, if that is your wish. I will ask The Black Goat to grant you his divine permission. If you would please wait here. I will be back briefly." And with that, the shoddy human leaves up towards the darkened room, and turns the corner.

Anyone do anything? Reactions? What's everyone up to, you have a few rounds or so...Also, I've moved you all into the room into "natural positions" where I imagine you would be at this time.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward waits uncomfortably. He wishes to leave but the resto f the party seems keen to investigate this cult.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

If nobody else wants the amulet I would gladly take it. lol, infinite gauntlet, very nice.

Telos nonchalantly opens the compartment in the saddle.

Oh, looks like something was left here. I can lighten this artifact for you...

He then walks over to Pietro to see if he's going to accept her offer to "drink tears."

Well, I'm not interested in drinking. Can you just let us into the star room? he asks, irreverently.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:
Naneryn wrote:
"By the way," he asks, "did you happen to hear that horrible noise earlier? Like steel grating on stone? I'd swear I could feel it through my feet as well as I could hear it with my ears?"
She nods, "Of course. We all heard it. The arrival of all those fortunate enough to stumble across our chapel are met with such grand sounds."

"IN MY EXPERIENCE IT USUALLY MEANS SOMEONE'S HAD BEANS FOR DINNER."

"WELL, YOU DRESS YOUR GOATS BETTER THAN MOST, THAT'S FOR CERTAIN. HOW DO YOU KEEP IT'S MITTENS ON? This looks a bit large for a goat."

"Say, I don't think these goat-herds are all there, if you know what I mean." says Pietro in a loud whisper to the others. He demonstrates what he means by screwing up his face, letting his tongue hang from the corner of his mouth and rolling his eyes about in his head, while twirling one finger an inch from his ear. The effect is quite striking.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

The smelly elf is only mildly interested in the artifacts. The fact that someone important used a given item before just doesn't grab him. Even the opportunity to nab an amulet doesn't stir him to action.

When he sees the people come out offering drinks, he quickly casts Detect Poison on them. He agrees with Pietro, though, and figures the drinks are just nasty hallucinogenics.

The whole time they are looking at the artifacts, Naneryn keeps stealing glances at the contraption at the end of the hall. Finally, he walks over to inspect it. "So tell me about this. What does it do? Is it a guardian, a mount, or just something pretty?"

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

After a minute or so, the lady cleric returns to you all and bows. "The Black Goat has found curiosity in you. He senses a powerful presence within you, and wishes for you all to complete his challenges. He has granted you his divine permission to witness his miracles. Please, this way."

She takes you to the door that was locked before, and turns the handle. Before you is a short corridor, long enough to fit the party inside. She ushers you in. She overts her eyes and dares not look inside. "Please step inside and witness. Us, the unchosen, are not allowed to look within these halls. Those of you who wish to enter, may do so. I wish you luck."

DC 14 Sense Motive:
She is definitely going to close the door behind you, most likely locking it if those who wish to enter, so do. Not in a nefarious way, but it seems that this is the way to complete the challenges.

If you walk inside, the hallway seems to stretch and contort. Space is insignificant here. There are three rooms, each ladled in Azlanti.

Left - "Enygma e farës së qiellit"
Bottom - "Enygma e Diellit të Mesnatës"
Right - "Enygma e veshjes së errët "

Azlanti:

Left - "Enygma of the Sky Seed"
Bottom - "Enygma of the Midnight Sun"
Right - "Enygma of the Dark Tapestry"

What do you wish to do? Move yourselves inside if you are walking in.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

I guess once we start the "challenges", we are required to finish them without exiting? Okay everybody, relieve your bodies now if you needed to!

He looks over at Pietro like some over-sized child the party must manage.

The halfing enters the corridor. Once inside he sends out a detect magic scan in each of the three directions available. Likely for something on the doors.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Telos Downshot wrote:
I guess once we start the "challenges", we are required to finish them without exiting? Okay everybody, relieve your bodies now if you needed to!

"OH, I DID THAT BACK AT THE ENTRANCE WHEN THE TWO-HEADED BONE THINGS ATTACKED. IT'S WHY I WEAR THIS FUR KILT! HAH!"

sense motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Pietro steps in.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Alright, which door first?

Telos weaves his magic across the hall way, but strangely enough, can detect no auras. The architecture in the room seems to be very old, much older than the structure behind you.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos opens the door to his right left side for us looking at the map

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Realizing with frustration that no one is going to answer his questions about the giant machine and that some of the party are disappearing through a new door, Naneryn hollers, "Hey, wait for me, dammit!" His normally sluggish steps are quicker, but he gets there no faster than normal because he keeps craning his head around to get one more 'last look' at the machine, over and over again. "Please don't let me die before we get to check out that thing" he pleads, gesturing over his shoulder.

He adds a detect poison to the scan of the room, as well as his trap sense. The search is only half hearted as he figures the real dangers are behind the doors.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The party moves into the corridor, and hear a click behind them. Roran up behind you tries to open it, but realises that it's completely locked. You're on your own here.

The brave sorcerer opens the first door. This large chamber is overgrown with foul-smelling mounds of strangely colored, shuddering fungi, many of which glow with a sickly green luminescence. A large alcove to the west seems less overgrown. Metal bars wall off this alcove, but a door in the bars hangs ajar.

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Fungus: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Two swollen, brainlike bulb encrusted with fungal shelves squat atop several ropy legs. A wide mouth bisects the bulb’s crown. You hear a bi-pitched sound, like waves entering your mind. "What are you, strange creatures? Two legs. Two arms. You shouldn't be here."

DC 13 Nature:
These are Cerebric Fungus. The are most commonly known for their abilities. They have a nauseating scream, and can cause madness by touching you. Their connection to the Dark Tapestry grants them these powers, and hence have and otherworldly mind which is very powerful.

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 1 - ♭ Music!

@ Roran
@ Seward
@ Pietro
@ Telos
Fungus
Naneryn

Bold may act!!

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

"Woah, that's creepy! Reminds me of my sister's cooking."

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Gah! Oversized potted plant!

The halfling instinctively holds out his left hand and releases a bolt of electricity at the one directly across the room from the entrance.

Elemental ray attack vs GREEN touch AC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Electricity damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 ooh, nice!

He then backs away to make room for other party members.

Make way! Coming through!

10', move action

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"DEAR GODS MAN! YOU AND THAT LIGHTNING ARE AS BAD AS ANY ELF WITH A BOW! DID YOU EVEN ASK THE PLANT WHAT IT MEANT!? MAYBE IT WAS GOING TO ESCORT US TO THE NEXT FLOOR! DOORKNOB!"

"What do you suppose it even is? Violet fungus?" ponders Pietro of the glowing green fungus. Then light dawns. "WHAT DO YOU SUPPOSE YOU ARE!?" he shouts into the room.

Delay until he has something to do, an obvious hostile to fight, or until he can reach Telos' neck.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

"Yeah! As bad as any... wait! what?!"
He looks at the empty space between himself and the (probably) angry plant. It does not take long, even for him, before a major "uh oh!" registers on his face. Yet somehow his limbs are not moving yet.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

As Telos unleashes a powerful elemental ray at the crraute, the rest of the party hesitate until they see the reactions of the plants.

They squirm and shiver closer, but stay far away. You watch as one of them unveils its tendrils and attacks. The other screeches, scattering your minds into madness.

Tendril 15ft: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
The tendril hits, dealing a little damage and pulling the elf closer.

I need a DC fort 15 save from everyone or nauseated for 1d4 rounds. Also, a DC will 12 save from everyone looking at the vreature, can overt gaze or take -2 penalty on attack rolls vs these creatures...

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 2 - ♭ Music!
@ Naneryn -3 lethal
@ Roran
@ Seward
@ Pietro
@ Telos

Fungus green -9 blue

Bold may act!!

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

fort:dc15: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
will:dc12: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Since I'm nauseated, I guess I cannot use the escape artist skill? While grappled, what move actions can I take? Checkmate?

"Warn me <gag> next <gag> time, you <gag><gag><verp><gag> psycho <gag> runt!" You cannot tell if the elf is turning green from nausea, blue from lack of air, red from anger, or white from fear of his impending doom. :) He stretches his hands out in a vain effort to grab on to someone as he is dragged backwards toward the vegetables he never wanted to eat.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

You are not grappled, only pulled from the attack. So you don't need to escape artist either. It's a weird monster ability.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:

"DEAR GODS MAN! YOU AND THAT LIGHTNING ARE AS BAD AS ANY ELF WITH A BOW! DID YOU EVEN ASK THE PLANT WHAT IT MEANT!? MAYBE IT WAS GOING TO ESCORT US TO THE NEXT FLOOR! DOORKNOB!"

"What do you suppose it even is? Violet fungus?" ponders Pietro of the glowing green fungus. Then light dawns. "WHAT DO YOU SUPPOSE YOU ARE!?" he shouts into the room.

Delay until he has something to do, an obvious hostile to fight, or until he can reach Telos' neck.

Hey, he reads the signs and the signals. That plant was quite threatening, and they were playing that crazy fungus metal music! :P

They looked at me funny!

GM Tealk wrote:
I need a DC fort 15 save from everyone or nauseated for 1d4 rounds. Also, a DC will 12 save from everyone looking at the vreature, can overt gaze or take -2 penalty on attack rolls vs these creatures...

Not looking at the vreature, so only...

Fortitude, DC15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 Phew!

Telos feels a sudden, uninvited warmth pass over his body. He just shakes it off so that he can focus and continue...

Dammit! Sorry Naneryn, but I know how much you like proximity to death. I'll, uh... get back in there in a sec and try to zap them both.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward cannot get a clean shot, so he takes a safe one instead, walking down the hallway and trying to snap a single shot past the Stinky Elf.

Longbow: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 4 = 221d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Unable to do anything else, the stinky elf sits down and pouts and gags and alternates between holding his head and his stomach. He thinks, if i'm going to be dragged to my death, I'm gonna make that veg work for it! :)

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Telos Downshot wrote:
They looked at me funny!

Pietro gives Telos a funny look.

If Naneryn were to move out of the way, Pietro would move into his space, and close the door. Naneryn could could probably do it himself even while nauseated.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Rolling for saves, Seward!
Fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 -- fail, no damage
Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 -- fail

I will allow for Naneryn to take a step back, and Pietro to move into his place and close the door.

You hear another shriek come from the other door, as your brave cleric closes the door with a loud thud. He places his back and spread his arms to anchor himself. After a few seconds, you hear the plants lashing their tentacles at the door. Thud. Thud. Crack. "You cannot run from us. We know you exist now. We will tell The Visitant everything..."

Okay, what would you like to do?

Naneryn Nauseated...: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Seward Nauseated...: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Roran For: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 3 - ♭ Music!

@ Naneryn (-3 lethal, nauseated 3)
@ Roran - delay
@ Seward (nauseated 1, intimidated)
@ Pietro
@ Telos
Fungus (green blue -9)

Bold may act!!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos looks at the closed door and implores his teammates.

Don't we have to deal with them eventually?

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

"Agreed, we should let them come to us though"

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Naneryn thinks out loud at the plants, "What the heck is a Visitant and why does it care about us? Why do we care about it or you? You are just dumb plants. Mushrooms aren't even a whole meal. My sister chops them up and adds them to soup for flavor. But I still think they taste like dirt."

quietly..."do we know what they are and what will kill them best?"

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

DC 13 Kn. Nature:
These are Cerebric Fungus. The are most commonly known for their abilities. They have a nauseating scream, and can cause madness by touching you. Their connection to the Dark Tapestry grants them these powers, and hence have and otherworldly mind which is very powerful.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

I don't know, I think you could make a meal of that. I mean if you crumble crackers into it... that's a meal. Does anybody have crackers.

The halfling strays way off-topic.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The party discuss their next course of action while Seward and Nanayryn continue to hurl up the contents of their stomach. The trashing through the door continues, yet the voices in your heads seem to stop.

From your brief look inside the room, it looked like the bars were meant to be a prison of sorts. Wonder what they were used for...? you ponder while you catch your breath.

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 4 - ♭ Music!

@ Naneryn (-3 lethal, nauseated 2)
@ Roran - delay
@ Seward (intimidated)
@ Pietro - delay
@ Telos - delay
Fungus (green blue -9)

Bold may act!!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Telos Downshot wrote:

Telos looks at the closed door and implores his teammates.

Don't we have to deal with them eventually?

"EXACTLY WHY?"

Naneryn wrote:
quietly..."do we know what they are and what will kill them best?"

Not quietly at all: "WHAT 'MUSHROOMS?' I SUGGEST A GOOD PINOT NOIR OR NEBBIOLO, THOUGH A FULL-BODIED WHITE LIKE A LIGHTLY OAKED CHARDONNAY OR PINOT GRIS GOES WELL WITH THEM TOO. Mmm. I can almost taste the mushrooms now. LET'S FINISH UP SO WE CAN GET SOMETHING TO EAT."

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos shrugs his shoulders.

I dunno, the cultists were pretty vague on the terms of this test. I guess it's whatever gets those door unlocked again. Try a different door then?

He motions to the opposite door.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward wipes vomit from his mouth and coughs as he loads his bow and fires at the green mushroom.

Long bow, Rapid Shot, Shaken: 1d20 + 10 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 - 2 - 2 = 181d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Long bow, Rapid Shot, Shaken: 1d20 + 10 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 - 2 - 2 = 71d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Um, there's a door in the way.

GM Tealk wrote:
You hear another shriek come from the other door, as your brave cleric closes the door with a loud thud. He places his back and spread his arms to anchor himself.

Although Naneryn is a bit green, and smells of fungus.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:

Um, there's a door in the way.

GM Tealk wrote:
You hear another shriek come from the other door, as your brave cleric closes the door with a loud thud. He places his back and spread his arms to anchor himself.
Although Naneryn is a bit green, and smells of fungus.

The large-bellied cleric watches as the confused Seward fires two arrows. The first impacts right over his head, as if shooting off an apple. The second goes right between his crotch, maybe a little too close for comfort.

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 4 - ♭ Music!

@ Naneryn (-3 lethal, nauseated 2)
@ Roran - delay
@ Seward (intimidated)
@ Pietro - delay
@ Telos - delay
Fungus (green blue -9)

Bold may act!!

Are you guys opening another door, or just going to wait the nausea out? We can skip forward till Naneryn feels a little better.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

If the awkward silence lasts too long, telos opens the opposite door. If there are opinions and a desire for consensus, that's fine too :)

701 to 750 of 1,350 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tealk’s - Core - Thornkeep Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.