GM Tealk's - Core - Thornkeep Series

Game Master Tealk

Dark Menagerie - Maps!


1,101 to 1,150 of 1,323 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Will Save vs Compulsion: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 = 20

Seward shakes off the attack on his mind and shoots to where he believes the enemy to be.

Literally cannot fail this check

Longbow attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 241d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Miss chance?: 1d100 ⇒ 40

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:2/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism

Assuming my allies shot wasn’t into an adjacent square

Will sees this will be difficult and stores his rapier in favor of his bow.

2 moves

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

now that I'm not confused...

Telos watches where Seward fires his arrow.

Ah! Over there huh?

He raises up his hand and fires off another powerful ray of energy.

scorching ray (electrical) ranged vs touch AC, Electricity damage (point blank): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 134d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 5, 3, 3) + 1 = 14

Miss chance?: 1d100 ⇒ 86

In case it would apply: spell resistance roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Unless I missed it, inspire courage is *not* active, correct?

He then steps in front of the passage. If you're right Seward, it can't easily leave this way.

[5' step] SE

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Don't you have Glitterdust, Will. Did you want to use it?

Only the ranger, with his keen eye manages to land a blow. Silvery blood trickles down and meshes with the crimson pool.

"Eeeeeep!" she draws a seed from her invisible pocket and throws it down. Quickly, the entire room is filled with green vines which grasp at your ankles, making it harder to move around.

Please give me a DC14 reflex, vs Entangle!

Combat Tracker wrote:


Round 5
Entangle area, in effect in the room. Please mind your difficult terrain!

@ Seward -2 nl
@ Will
@ Pietro
@ Roran
@ Telos -2 lethal

! Invisible Annoying Thing! - 2 lethal

Team may act!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Reflex DC14: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Gah, what now? Telos struggles with an annoyed expression but succumbs to the vines.

Okay, guess I'm staying right here a bit.

Entangled:
The character is ensnared. Being entangled impedes movement, but does not entirely prevent it unless the bonds are anchored to an immobile object or tethered by an opposing force. An entangled creature moves at half speed, cannot run or charge, and takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and a –4 penalty to Dexterity. An entangled character who attempts to cast a spell must make a concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) or lose the spell.

Holding for faerie fire...

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:2/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism

I was thinking that it probably doesn’t hve greater invisibility at will, and its rounds per level. I get 3 2nd level spells per day (one already used) so I can use this round if people think I should

reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Will dodges the spell and looks for the creature.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Upon finding it, he unleashes his own spell of sparkling glitter to reveal it to all.

If perception failed I’ll ready for when one of my allies hits it.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Seward runs free of the brambles and then shoots a shot

Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 231d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Nimble in that secret way that many fat men are Pietro eludes the grasping vines in a series of remarkably delicate skips and hops that land him just outside of the room.

"WELL, THIS ISN'T SUCH A BAD DUNGEON AFTER ALL!" Pietro says pleased with his efforts.

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Am I able to target it at all given Seward's shot?

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

No, so it would have been completely invisible to everyone, none of you would have made the perception check for that.

Stealth: 1d20 + 16 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 16 + 20 = 47

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:2/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism

I still would ready, assuming it’d do something to reveal itself.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Where is that blasted thing?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"OH, LET IT BE ALREADY! LET'S GET MOVING! WE'RE HERE ON A MISSION, NOT TO DANCE!"

Pietro shines the light of his morningstar into the next room

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

"THE WAY AHEAD LOOKS CLEAR!"

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

I apologise to everyone, sincerely! I have been really sick the last few days! Looks like i'm not going to make it to PAX this year, because I've completely lost my voice and won't be able to GM at all. At least, you I will have more time for this!

Pietro moves out of the bramble revealing some unremarkable barracks. It is obvious that orcs or something similarly brutish lived here as evident by the stench and filth. However there are some things of value scattered around the place.

If you look in this room after some time, you would be able to collect Deathblade Poison x2, Fuse Grenades x12, Shadow Essence Poison x4, Volatile Vaporizer (1st Level)

Reflex, Roran: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Roran, Peitro, and Seward move out of the brambles, leaving their casters inside the mix.

You hear a grunt, mostly out of frustration come from somewhere within the room, and another arrow fires, this time into Telos.
Will, Glitterdust: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 - triggered as she shot
Longbow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 271d6 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
@Telos please give me a DC15 will save against confusion! If you fail, please roll me a 1d4 on your next turn to determine your actions.

Combat Tracker wrote:


Round 6
Entangle area, in effect in the room. Please mind your difficult terrain!

@ Seward -2 nl
@ Will
@ Pietro
@ Roran
@ Telos -3 lethal (entangled) DC15 vs confusion!
! Invisible Annoying Thing! - 2 lethal
Team may act!

I think Telos also still has a standard action for previous turn.

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:2/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism

Sorry to hear that Tealk.

With the glitter sticking prominenetly to the otherwise invisibile creature, Will pelts it with arrows.

rapid shot: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
rapid shot: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Wow, take your time resting back from that!

Re: previous turn: I was hoping the glitterdust was going to take effect sooner, so I don't think I could target it then. So for that round let's just say it would be full defense (which still wouldn't have avoided the arrow.

Will, DC15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 no confusion
Reflex DC14: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 out of the brambles

Free from the vines, the halfling spots the glittery outline and sends a ray of his standard electricity at it:

elemental ray, electricity damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 221d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Confused, has the glitterdust made the enemy visible?

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

@Seward, yep you can now see the Pixie! :)

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:
@Seward, yep you can now see the Pixie! :)

Fire!

"Ooooo! ORCS!"

Pietro looks about the makeshift barracks and picks up something at random (a fuse grenade) and idly tosses it up and down in one hand.

1d19 ⇒ 5

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward smirks, finally able to identify his foe and produces the correct arrows for the job before letting loose.

Problems presented, problems friggin solved

Longbow Rapid Shot, Deadly Aim, Cold Iron Arrows: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 231d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Longbow Rapid Shot, Deadly Aim, Cold Iron Arrows: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 261d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The combined damage of the group is enough to take the flying creature down. It falls, its limp body still twitching from the hail of arrows.

That was rough.

Please heal yourselves, and do whatever you must and we will move along.

Moving along, you see a small room with a 5ft pit inside. A blue ominous glow comes from a larger room on your right.

Which way?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

That was troublesome... the halfling remarks as they move on.

Joining Pietro in the next room, he inquires did you pick up anything interesting here?

He then moves into the next room, shying away from the intense glow. There's that again... still for later I think.

He walks over to the pit and peers into it...

anything immediately obvious in it? how deep is it?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"HEY! I FOUND ANOTHER ONE! THESE THINGS ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE!"

Pietro shakes one of the strange gourde-like containers and puts it to his ear to listen. "SOUNDS LIKE THERE'S SAND INSIDE THESE THINGS."

Then he shakes them like a pair of maracas, while moving to the rhythm.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

I have moved you all where I naturally see your characters move towards. Haha, with Pietro being in the other room still fooling around, obviously.

As Telos moves to curiously inspect the large hole in the groud, Roran whispers and tries to get him to stop. "Careful, there might be something down..."

As if summoned by the paladin, a lanky ebon humanoid with batlike wings and a long prehensile tail comes flying out of the darkness. "SCREEEEEEECH!"

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Nightgaunt: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Creaper: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

The creature hovers, maybe 10 feat in the air, and watches your actions.

Combat Tracker wrote:


Round 1

@ Telos -3 lethal
@ Will
@ Roran

!Nightgaunt
!Creeper

Pietro
Seward -2 nl

Telos, Will and Roran may act!

Kn Local DC 14+:
This creature is a Nightgaunt. Nightgaunts haunt the deepest and darkest chasms of dreams. They lurk in the shadows that loom at the edges of sane slumber, but are ready at any moment to snatch a blithe dreamer away, carrying it off into realms of endless nightmare and tickling it terribly all the way. They appear as stooped, emaciated humanoids, yet possess a remarkable strength in their sinewy limbs. With inky black skin, batlike wings, a long spiny tail, and demonic horns protruding from its skull, a nightgaunt is a fearsome foe—yet the lack of any facial features is what makes it truly nightmarish. They are very good grapplers, and can tickle enemies they have grappled with their tails making them nauseated.
The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:2/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism

Knowledge:local: loremaster take 10: 10 + 7 + 2 = 19

Will starts to sing a battle ballard, starts to aim his bow and calls out. " This creature is a Nightgaunt. They are exceptionally good grapplers and they can be quite distracting when doing so. Pietro, stop playing with your "gourdes" and get over here. "

Standard Inspire Courage (+2 Competence to Attack and damage), 5' step.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos looks at Will as if he expects him to continue.

And... is it immune to anything?

The halfling cautiously backs away from the hole.

[5' step] SW

He yells be into the other room.

Hey Pietro, come meet our new friend. It's time for the Welcoming Ritual (TM).

His voice switches to its deep mono-tone to execute a draconic incantation, after which he raises his left hand and fires a powerful ray at the creature.

[standard] Cast scorching ray (electricity)

Scorching ray ranged attack vs. touch AC, electricity damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 184d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 6, 2, 1) + 1 = 13
Spell resistance roll (if necessary): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:2/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism

Will responds, “ not that I know of...

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran draws his readies his sword and see if the strange beast approaches.

IC, power attack
readied attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 101d8 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:2/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism

keep in mind the inspire courage on attack ls (including rays), +2 attack and damage. I think Roran didn’t add 2 to damage and Telos ignored both benefits.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

All good, Will. If the players forget about your bonuses, I will reflect your song in damage.

The halfling produces a powerful ray of electricity, which scorches the creature. It charges it's new target, and Roran steps up missing it. The faceless beast tries to rip into Telos with it's claw!
Claw, charge: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 151d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 71d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 17 + 2 = 23 - miss! assuming you had mage armour up, I forgot if you've cast that earlier.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Perception:

Pietro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Roran: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Seward: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Telos: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Something that you didn't see before, as it was hidden masterfully in it's natural habitat, stalks up the other corridor. You hear whispers, soft mururs as it casts darkness as some of the room goes black.

Combat Tracker wrote:


Inspire Courage +2 atk/dmg! Darkness effect!

Round 2
@ Pietro
@ Seward -2 nl
@ Telos -3 lethal
@ Will
@ Roran

!Nightgaunt -13
!Creeper

Team may act!

You guys rolled well on your knowledge. This thing has no resistances.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

no i added the IC. Base damage is 4. Power attack is +4. And the IC is +2. So total is d8+10.

Roran takes a side step to get out of the darkness. He then takes another swing at the creature.

IC Power attack
+1 longsword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 201d8 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:2/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism

Will maintains his song, channels arcane power into his bow and rapidly fires two arrows at where the winged creature was, but hears his arrows thud into a wall rather than the winged beast.

bow,heroism,inspire courage: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 14 Concealment, high good: 1d100 ⇒ 29 damage: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13
bow,heroism,inspire courage: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 15 Concealment, high good: 1d100 ⇒ 13 damage: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11

He then steps slightly away from the darkness.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Pietro tosses his make-shift maracas over his shoulder, curses the names of his companions (i.e. casts shield of faith) and hefting his morningstar stomps out into the darkening room.

"WHAT!?" he bellows in indignation.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Unfortunately I had not cast mage armor. Maybe now is a good time :)

Telos again steps away from the creature, but this time increases his own protections.

[5' step] south
[move] retrieve wand
[standard] activate wand of mage armor

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

In that case, could you please make me a DC 14 fort save vs nauseated, Telos.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Fortitude, DC14: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:
In that case, could you please make me a DC 14 fort save vs nauseated, Telos.

"YOU BROUGHT ME IN HERE FOR THIS!? I COULD HAVE SEEN THAT THROUGH A COZY TAVERN WINDOW OVERLOOKING THE PATH TO THE OUTHOUSE."


Prototype GM Tool CR-X

Technically where the creature is, it is in darkness, so you will have a 50% chance to hit or miss it! As always, high hits. Thank you Will for following up on that.

Miss, Roran: 1d100 ⇒ 19
Roran swings confidently into the darkness, but cannot find his target.

Seward takes two shots also, hoping to have better luck than his allies.
Longbow, PBS, IC: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 = 231d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 171d100 ⇒ 75
Longbow, PBS, IC: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 2 = 261d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 171d100 ⇒ 6

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Only Seward is able to land a shot at the creature, before the entire room grows dark.

The nighgaunt continues to assault the sorcerer. It misses both times, but it is still holding onto him, tickling him with the tail.
Maintain?: 1d20 + 5 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 17 = 37
Claw: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 - 2 = 111d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Claw: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 2 = 91d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
@Telos - please make me another DC 14 fort save.

The creature who cast the darkness effect moves up and, Seward can feel a dagger trying to poke him...but who also misses.
Stab: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 121d3 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (3) = 5

Combat Tracker wrote:


Round 3
Inspire Courage +2 atk/dmg! Darkness effect!

@ Pietro
@ Seward -2 nl
@ Telos -11 lethal (grappled) - DC 14 Fort vs nauseated!
@ Will
@ Roran

!Nightgaunt -30 (grappled)
!Creeper
Team may act!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:
The creature who cast the darkness effect moves up and, Seward can feel a dagger trying to poke him...but who also misses.

I think I might be the "broader" and closer target here, considering that the assailant would have to throw through a lot of soft cover (much of it being Pietro) to get to Seward.

Assuming that to be true, Pietro would take a swing in the direction of the attack.

50% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 80 +1 morningstar v the darkness (inspired): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 = 24 damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward wanders around to a clear shot and takes another stab at hitting the foe.

Longbow, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 2 = 161d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12

Miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 69

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Seward Sodalug wrote:
Seward wanders around to a clear shot and takes another stab at hitting the foe.

I think you would have to have some method of guessing where the attacker is first. If the attacker stabbed Pietro, Pietro might have a case for guessing where the attack came from, but I'm pretty sure that Seward doesn't unless he can see in the dark.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Haha, I didn't even pick that up. Yeah, the creature would have stabbed at you Pietro. In which case, you would definitely get that swing and hit. :)

I will assume that Seward shoots at the last location he saw the fying creature.

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:2/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism

Will hears the struggle of his ally as the Nightgaunt continues his assault. He quickly decides to continue firing arrows in that direction, assuming a grappled creature wouldn’t move much.

Rapid Shot, Heroism, IC, PBS: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 19 Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 49 damage, IC, pbs: 1d6 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 12
Rapid Shot, Heroism, IC, PBS: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 28 Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 60 damage, IC, pbs: 1d6 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 13

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Fortitude, DC14: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Concentration (grappled), DC19: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

Telos drops a flaming sphere onto the demon holding onto him.

[standard] cast flaming sphere

Fire damage, DC17 reflex negates: 3d5 ⇒ (1, 4, 4) = 9

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Redirecting some of your attacks. You all know the locations of the creatures within the darkness.

Telos manages to cast a spell, against incredible odds and burn the creature that is grappling him. Between the Seward, Pietro and Will you are able to get some lucky shots against the other creature who creeper up to you in the dark. The creature drops dead, but the area still remains dark for the next few rounds.

They had nothing interesting on them. You check out the hole and it leads down deaper into the darklands and out of the scope of this adventre.

Party Conditions wrote:


@ Pietro
@ Seward -2 nl
@ Telos -11 lethal
@ Will
@ Roran

Where to next team?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 3/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Instead of simply dismissing his spell the halfling directs the flaming sphere over the pit and watches it slowly drop out of sight. He fixates on the radiating light as it illuminates deeper patches of the pit until finally disappearing.

Huh, that goes a ways straight down.

He then backs away towards the other passage that comes from the west of the room.

I'm guessing we want to save the eery blue glow for last. Maybe there's something interesting this way?

He peers through, looking for traps or other danger.

Hey Pietro, come slosh a drop of that Cayden beer on me for good luck. He means Guidance. I'll assume my amusing query leads to it happening for the next roll :P

Perception (traps 'n stuff), guidance: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 = 19
After: cast detect magic and scan straight ahead for auras.

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:2/3 | Bardic Performance 6/14 | Active Conditions: Heroism

Will laughs,” That does go quite a way down. Hope there are no friendlies where that ball of fire went...

He follows the others at a close distance.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward gives a silent mirthless laugh at the joke about good luck.

he then follows into the next chamber. with the dais.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The sorcerer drops his concentration, and the spell falls. You hear no sounds or hostile noise, as the fire disappears out of range of your vision.

You turn your attention in to the other direction, and you walk towards the dimly glowing room. Atop a stepped dais is a gargantuan humanoid skull that glows with an eerie blue light. A wagon with a broken axle leans against the northern wall. Damaged wooden crates spill out from the cart onto the floor.

Inspecting the cart you are able to find an interesting trinket scattered across the ground. Blowing the dust away you find an amulet of elemental vengeance (combines the abilities of an amulet of elemental strife with a necklace of fireballs with four spheres [4d6 fire damage each] remaining)

Detect Magic, DC 17 Spellcraft:
You sense that skull is under the effects of a continual flame spell.

DC 25 Kn. Local:
You discern that the skull came from a once living rune giant. Creatures known to have become extinct a very, very long time ago.

@Telos - you do not see any traps around this space, but you do get an uneasy feeling. You determine there is a strange aura surrounding this room, emanating from the skull itself. If you tell this to the party, they can get a +2 bonus to the required religion check.

Suddenly, the air gets thin. You start hearing sounds of battle echo around you. Voices of men grunting to the sound of battle, as steel clashes on steel! Ghostly crusaders appear, shouting battle cries while intoxicated by the thrill of battle agasint a legion of orcs as they make their way into this temple.

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Combat Tracker wrote:


Round 1
Kn Religion to see what's going on!

@ Seward -2 nl
@ Telos -11 lethal

!Crusaders

Will
Pietro
Roran

Only Seward and Telos may act!

1,101 to 1,150 of 1,323 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tealk’s - Core - Thornkeep Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.