Year of Our Lord 1437 Pathfinder RAW PVP Combined Tables 1 & 2

Game Master Michael Johnson 66

In Fairytale Earth circa The Year of Our Lord 1437, the Crusaders of the Catacombs and the Desert Jackals join forces as a larger party to confront Antichrist Nero in his dungeon below the Roman Catacombs and stop him from hastening the Apocalypse!


3,201 to 3,250 of 3,557 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>

M Human fighter 4/monk 4/expert 2

Quinlan follows Johann and Ogon Fox back to the Vatican to rejoin the others. It is close to 9:00 at night on September 2nd when the adventurers are reunited back at the Vatican, along with Quinlan and several others, including Alfonso the Magnanimous and Duke of Florence Cosimo D'Medici.

When all are ready, Quinlan will teleport the PCs to the rotating bridge that spans the green slime pool on level 4 of the Catacombs...


M Human fighter 4/monk 4/expert 2

Are you taking any precautions before teleportation to the Catacombs? Any precast spells?


Changeling Witch(Tatterdemalion)13th|HP:85|AC:21(23)(T:14FF:18)|F:+7|R:+9|W:+13|SR:19| CMD:18|CMB:+8|Init:+2 Per:+12|Spear:+9(+8), Claw:+7,Dagger:+7,Sling:+10,Cestus:+7|Spells:0-4,1-7,2-7,3-7,4-6,5-5,6-4,7- 3

mwikali will no matter were they go have her Shield up and most likely have Iornskin up, Anyone wish to have Heroism cast upon them?

Grand Lodge

Male Skinwalker Shifter 12/Monk 1; 182/182 HP; Init +9; Perception +20; Low Light Vision; [28 AC][21 Touch][25 FF]; [Fort 17][Reflex 16][Will 13],[CMD:40, vs. grapple 42], 16/16 Minutes of Minor Aspect, 16/16 Hours of Major Aspect Buff/Debuffs:

I'll take heroism. But we haven't rested (and probably shouldn't, we need to hurry. Does Mwikali still have heroism left?


Changeling Witch(Tatterdemalion)13th|HP:85|AC:21(23)(T:14FF:18)|F:+7|R:+9|W:+13|SR:19| CMD:18|CMB:+8|Init:+2 Per:+12|Spear:+9(+8), Claw:+7,Dagger:+7,Sling:+10,Cestus:+7|Spells:0-4,1-7,2-7,3-7,4-6,5-5,6-4,7- 3

No


Tuesday 2nd September, 9:30 PM:

Quinlan casts teleport, transporting the Mighty Ones onto the rotating stone bridge that spans the green slime pit on the fourth level of the Catacombs. (Area 15 on this map.)

At the moment, there are no apparent enemies or other dangers other than the obvious hazard presented by the green slime below...

Godspeed, my friends, and good fortune! I shall depart at once. Quinlan then teleports away, leaving the heroes to their task of searching for the lock on the lowest level...


M Human fighter 4/monk 4/expert 2

What is your marching order as you cross the bridge in area 15 and move on into the rest of the 4th level?

Grand Lodge

Male Skinwalker Shifter 12/Monk 1; 208/208 HP; Init +8; Perception +20; Darkvision 90, Low Light, Blindsense 20; [AC 30][Touch 19][FF 28]; [Fort 18][Reflex 15][Will 13],[CMD:42, vs grapple 44],[Minutes of Minor Aspect 16/16], [Hours of Major Aspect 16/16]

Wanting no chance to fall into the slime, Johann turns to a bit and takes to the air. "Cheeeeppp! Onward, dear friends. The phylacter-thing is waiting, and it seems that we have not the time to rest on our laurels."

Johann will lead the party forward, but does it from the air until the shape of the tunnel forces him down, and then he will turn into a bear.


female Human Unchained Rogue 11th/Samurai[Warrior Poet] 2nd HP:140|AC:32(t:22,ff:22)|F:+11|R:+14|W:+10|CMD:24|CMB:+11|Init:+4 Per:+22(+26)|Dagger+15/+10,Lgt Mace+14/+9,Hvy Wrist Launchers+14/+9,Cestus+14/+9,Katana +15/+10, Wakizashi +15/+10

Ihrin will up towards the front


M Human fighter 4/monk 4/expert 2

Moving west across the bridge into the corridor that then turns south for several dozen feet before a pair of double pine doors bars further progress, the adventurers carefully progress through the fourth level of the Catacombs.

Would Ihrin or anyone else like to search the door for traps or listen, or any other precautions?


female Human Unchained Rogue 11th/Samurai[Warrior Poet] 2nd HP:140|AC:32(t:22,ff:22)|F:+11|R:+14|W:+10|CMD:24|CMB:+11|Init:+4 Per:+22(+26)|Dagger+15/+10,Lgt Mace+14/+9,Hvy Wrist Launchers+14/+9,Cestus+14/+9,Katana +15/+10, Wakizashi +15/+10

Ihrin looks about for traps and creatures

Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 3640 for traps

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29


M Human fighter 4/monk 4/expert 2
Ihrin Ardlean Dracul wrote:

Ihrin looks about for traps and creatures

[dice=Perception]1d20+2140 for traps

[dice=Stealth]1d20+13

Ihrin detects that the 20 feet of corridor floor leading up to the double doors (area 16 on the map) are a cunningly concealed conveyor belt that is triggered to move continuously toward the double doors when they are opened, possibly pushing victims into some hazard on the other side of the doors...


M Human fighter 4/monk 4/expert 2

Lady Ihrin' detects a lethal trap: a conveyor belt cunningly concealed in the corridor floor leading up to the double doors, which trigger the corridor floor to move those standing on it quickly into whatever horror lies beyond when the doors are opened...


M Human fighter 4/monk 4/expert 2

Dire Bear Johann smells blood and decay on the other side of the doors...

Grand Lodge

Skinwalker Shifter 12/Monk 1; 208/208 HP; Init +8; Perception +20; Low Light Vision; [AC 30][Touch 19][FF 28]; [Fort 18][Reflex 15][Will 13],[CMD:42, vs grapple 44], [Minutes of Minor Aspect 16/16], [Hours of Major Aspect 16/16]

"Grrrrahhhhh... Something bad behind those door... I smell it!"


female Human Unchained Rogue 11th/Samurai[Warrior Poet] 2nd HP:140|AC:32(t:22,ff:22)|F:+11|R:+14|W:+10|CMD:24|CMB:+11|Init:+4 Per:+22(+26)|Dagger+15/+10,Lgt Mace+14/+9,Hvy Wrist Launchers+14/+9,Cestus+14/+9,Katana +15/+10, Wakizashi +15/+10

"Trap" She says leaning down in her plate armor. she then begins to work on disabling it

Disable Device: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29


M Human fighter 4/monk 4/expert 2
Ihrin Ardlean Dracul wrote:

"Trap" She says leaning down in her plate armor. she then begins to work on disabling it

[dice=Disable Device]1d20+20

She believes she barely succeeded on disarming the trap...

Finding what appears to be a concealed safety mechanism on the doorknobs, Lady Ihrin engages them. The doors should be safe to open now...


HP: 136/152| AC: 24 FF: 24 Touch: 11 CMD: 27| Init: +0|Fort +17, Ref +11, Will +15|Immune:Fear, Charm, Disease (20 ft. Aura Immune Fear/10 ft. +4Charm)

Alphonse spends much of the time after Nero's battle in a fog, thinking over the implications of all that has happened. A few times he is stirred to speak, but the situations resolve themselves without his input.

He now has a clear vision, as he declared to Nero, for what his Order's purpose will be: no mere knightly Order, nor even crusaders for justice, but a bulwark against evil; sacred defenders of those evils which cannot be dispatched by normal means, until such time as their method of destruction is revealed.

But how he'd go about that...the details were fuzzy. Recruitment alone would be the work of years, and the training required could last decades.

But such thoughts must be put aside for now; danger lurks in these Catacombs.

Sorry for the lack of posting; had a busy week and really didn't feel like doing anything remotely close to my normal work yesterday.


M Human fighter 4/monk 4/expert 2
Alphonse Veritas, Oathkeeper wrote:


Sorry for the lack of posting; had a busy week and really didn't feel like doing anything remotely close to my normal work yesterday.

No apology needed, buddy, I understand RL can get hectic. Sometimes I can barely post a couple lines over the course of a week myself. Thanks for not quitting! I enjoy Sir Alphonse Veritas and hope to see him to 20th level!


M Human fighter 4/monk 4/expert 2
Michael Johnson 66 wrote:
Ihrin Ardlean Dracul wrote:

"Trap" She says leaning down in her plate armor. she then begins to work on disabling it

[dice=Disable Device]1d20+20

She believes she barely succeeded on disarming the trap...

Finding what appears to be a concealed safety mechanism on the doorknobs, Lady Ihrin engages them. The doors should be safe to open now...

Retcon Edit:

Lady Ihrin makes her first attempt at disarming the devious trap, barely failing, and she knows it. She can try again.


female Human Unchained Rogue 11th/Samurai[Warrior Poet] 2nd HP:140|AC:32(t:22,ff:22)|F:+11|R:+14|W:+10|CMD:24|CMB:+11|Init:+4 Per:+22(+26)|Dagger+15/+10,Lgt Mace+14/+9,Hvy Wrist Launchers+14/+9,Cestus+14/+9,Katana +15/+10, Wakizashi +15/+10

Ihrin utters a curse under her breath and then tries again.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34


M Human fighter 4/monk 4/expert 2
Ihrin Ardlean Dracul wrote:

Ihrin utters a curse under her breath and then tries again.

[dice=Disable Device]1d20+20

Making a second attempt at disarming the trap, Ihrin succeeds, truly engaging the tricky safety mechanism.

Earning 3,000 XP for the party...


M Human fighter 4/monk 4/expert 2

Beyond the double doors lies a mashed ruin of decaying flesh and bones from the past victims of the trap in a ten-foot-square area behind the doors, over which hangs a massive spiky meat tenderizer or earthbreaker head, poised to mash unfortunate victims under its mechanically driven piston... Fortunately, Ihrin has rendered the deadly masher inoperable...


M Human fighter 4/monk 4/expert 2

Area 17 is an alcove housing the massive meat tenderizer's mechanical apparatus. I will describe the chamber beyond, area 18...

The gruesome trap warded a chamber of the Catacombs that is relatively well appointed, with cushioned divan, end tables of Lebanese cedar, and silken tapestries on the walls depicting scenes of Hellish torment...


Lounging about here are a pair of gangly pale ghouls, surprisingly well equipped and more muscular and feral than usual! As the party enters, the ghoulish assassins rise up with blades drawn, ready to defend their lair...

Ovviamente, hai sconfitto il nostro padrone o non avresti raggiunto questo traguardo. Impressionanti, potenti!

Italian:
Obviously, you defeated our master if you have made it this far. Impressive, Mighty Ones!

Grand Lodge

Skinwalker Shifter 12/Monk 1; 208/208 HP; Init +8; Perception +20; Low Light Vision; [AC 30][Touch 19][FF 28]; [Fort 18][Reflex 15][Will 13],[CMD:42, vs grapple 44], [Minutes of Minor Aspect 16/16], [Hours of Major Aspect 16/16]

"RUN BEFORE I REND YOU!"

intimidation: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4

But Johann forgets that he cannot technically rend, only grab.


female Human Unchained Rogue 11th/Samurai[Warrior Poet] 2nd HP:140|AC:32(t:22,ff:22)|F:+11|R:+14|W:+10|CMD:24|CMB:+11|Init:+4 Per:+22(+26)|Dagger+15/+10,Lgt Mace+14/+9,Hvy Wrist Launchers+14/+9,Cestus+14/+9,Katana +15/+10, Wakizashi +15/+10

"Sì e se non desideri unirti a lui, ti consiglio di lasciarci passare" Ihrin Says as she draws her blades and holds them pointed down with a stern look on her face

Italian:
"Yes and if you don't wish to join him then I recommend letting us pass"


Male HP 117/117 |AC 28/28/FF18 | F+6/R+17/W+10 | CMB +0 | CMD+31 |init +8 | Perc + 24| Insp 16/16 Irish Sprite [Outsider] Investigator - Psychic Detective [L13]

Lord P stood for a moment waiting as the others thought over offer.
He had to make it, such was the whim of the fey, one must always offer and let mortals decide their fate. And decide they did. They chouse not to walk the bright ways. He bowed then before he could close the door. Another Door just like it came into being. Another him popped his head out and said to himself across the space.

"Don't let them take the path just yet my younger self."
the other him looked back throw the door. As screams came throw it.
recognisable screams.
"If yee does, it will not end well"

at the the older lord P winks at his young self, before popping back throw the new door which vanished behind him

The original Lord P snapped his fingers and his door close.

"Well, Best not then, and moving on, Teleporting, what a good idea."

--

Then after the teleport , Lord P made himself hinden, it was best he not get in the way.


HP: 136/152| AC: 24 FF: 24 Touch: 11 CMD: 27| Init: +0|Fort +17, Ref +11, Will +15|Immune:Fear, Charm, Disease (20 ft. Aura Immune Fear/10 ft. +4Charm)

Alphonse looks puzzled by the byplay.

"Are they attempting to negotiate?"


Alphonse Veritas, Oathkeeper wrote:

Alphonse looks puzzled by the byplay.

"Are they attempting to negotiate?"

Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 and 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Although one of the ghoul assassins seems not to notice Sir Alphonse's resolute body language, its fellow quakes and warns the oblivious one in Italian: Beware, brother... That paladin will likely ignore his companions' offer of quarter if we submit... He is an executioner of our kind, I can see it in his hawkish eyes!


In English this time: Spare us, Mighty Ones. Though this undead existence is a neverending nightmare, it is preferable to the unending torments of Hell that await us, for we were patricidal cannibals in life, who murdered and ate our father in revenge of the mother he murdered and fed to us as a cruelty... Let us flee into the night and we swear, we shall not return to plague the City of Rome again! pleads one of the two ghoulish killers.

Speaketh the other in like tongue: Aye, show thy God's mercy, paladin, and....and, we swear only to eat the corpses of the damned... And, we shall tell thee what we know of our fallen master's evil plots and contingencies...

Grand Lodge

Skinwalker Shifter 12/Monk 1; 208/208 HP; Init +8; Perception +20; Low Light Vision; [AC 30][Touch 19][FF 28]; [Fort 18][Reflex 15][Will 13],[CMD:42, vs grapple 44], [Minutes of Minor Aspect 16/16], [Hours of Major Aspect 16/16]

Johann shrugs and looks at Alphonse.... "Grrrrr.... It is your choice, Alphonse. Hearing Nero's plan is enough reason for me to let them go..."


HP: 136/152| AC: 24 FF: 24 Touch: 11 CMD: 27| Init: +0|Fort +17, Ref +11, Will +15|Immune:Fear, Charm, Disease (20 ft. Aura Immune Fear/10 ft. +4Charm)
Ghoul of the catacombs wrote:
Alphonse Veritas, Oathkeeper wrote:

Alphonse looks puzzled by the byplay.

"Are they attempting to negotiate?"

Sense Motive 1d20+3 and 1d20+3

Although one of the ghoul assassins seems not to notice Sir Alphonse's resolute body language, its fellow quakes and warns the oblivious one in Italian: Beware, brother... That paladin will likely ignore his companions' offer of quarter if we submit... He is an executioner of our kind, I can see it in his hawkish eyes!

?

My post was more about the fact that Alphonse doesn't speak Italian

"T'is an agreeable enough deal, should you abide by it. I know your kind prefer the corpses of the long dead regardless. Know this: I will be keeping tabs on you; you will give me your names before you go. Should you break your vow and ever slay another innocent soul, either I or my newly forged Order will be there to enact swift judgment."


Changeling Witch(Tatterdemalion)13th|HP:85|AC:21(23)(T:14FF:18)|F:+7|R:+9|W:+13|SR:19| CMD:18|CMB:+8|Init:+2 Per:+12|Spear:+9(+8), Claw:+7,Dagger:+7,Sling:+10,Cestus:+7|Spells:0-4,1-7,2-7,3-7,4-6,5-5,6-4,7- 3

"I thought you could repent in your religion, why not allow them to do so?" Mwikali says blinking and wondering what this Christianity was all about.


The ghouls are fulsome glad of the Mighty Ones' mercy, and fall to their knees, quickly revealing all that they know of Nero's wicked machinations...

He hath set a deathtrap for thee and the true Eugenius in the lowest caverns... I know not the nature of its workings... declares one ghoul...

Aye, and he hath prepareth another kynde of trap for thee with thy old companion Boga, who wore the Hand of Jan Hus round his neck, as the baite! speaks the other...


The Antichrist hath cast a spell upon the Holy Roman Emperor, Sigismund, that hath caused His Imperial Majesty to sicken and wither... But if thou hast destroyed the master's material body, that spell will have been broken, my lords... adds one of the ghouls...

Aye, thou hast savethed the Emperor's life, Mighty Ones! cajoles the other...


HP: 136/152| AC: 24 FF: 24 Touch: 11 CMD: 27| Init: +0|Fort +17, Ref +11, Will +15|Immune:Fear, Charm, Disease (20 ft. Aura Immune Fear/10 ft. +4Charm)
Mwikali wrote:
"I thought you could repent in your religion, why not allow them to do so?" Mwikali says blinking and wondering what this Christianity was all about.

Alphonse looks equally puzzled.

"I have given them the opportunity. But redemption is earned through actions, not words. Should their actions ever belie their claims, I have explained the consequences."


Changeling Witch(Tatterdemalion)13th|HP:85|AC:21(23)(T:14FF:18)|F:+7|R:+9|W:+13|SR:19| CMD:18|CMB:+8|Init:+2 Per:+12|Spear:+9(+8), Claw:+7,Dagger:+7,Sling:+10,Cestus:+7|Spells:0-4,1-7,2-7,3-7,4-6,5-5,6-4,7- 3

"I see, your ways are still strange." She says as she continues on after the others.


female Human Unchained Rogue 11th/Samurai[Warrior Poet] 2nd HP:140|AC:32(t:22,ff:22)|F:+11|R:+14|W:+10|CMD:24|CMB:+11|Init:+4 Per:+22(+26)|Dagger+15/+10,Lgt Mace+14/+9,Hvy Wrist Launchers+14/+9,Cestus+14/+9,Katana +15/+10, Wakizashi +15/+10

"If these meat bags speak true then we must continue on. Johann come, we are needed to scout ahead." She says in her gleaming armor, part knight part thief, yet every bit noble.

She strides forward looking for traps from the comfort of the shadows.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Perception: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (5) + 26 = 31


HP: 136/152| AC: 24 FF: 24 Touch: 11 CMD: 27| Init: +0|Fort +17, Ref +11, Will +15|Immune:Fear, Charm, Disease (20 ft. Aura Immune Fear/10 ft. +4Charm)
Mwikali wrote:
"I see, your ways are still strange." She says as she continues on after the others.

"Perhaps. Do your people trust the word of strangers, and avowed murderers and cannibals no less, unconditionally then? From my perspective that is also fairly strange."


M Human fighter 4/monk 4/expert 2

As the two gangrel undead scurry north and east over the rotary bridge, elated at their escape from righteous destruction at the hands of the notorious paladin Sir Alphonse Veritas, and his legendary scythe Foereaper, the adventurers continue deeper into the Catacombs, taking the north corridor that turns into an eastbound stairway descending to a ten-foot-square landing below (area 19). Lady Ihrin and Dire Bear Johann lead the others down the stairs, cautiously searching and sniffing the air as they go...


M Human fighter 4/monk 4/expert 2
Ihrin Ardlean Dracul wrote:

"If these meat bags speak true then we must continue on. Johann come, we are needed to scout ahead." She says in her gleaming armor, part knight part thief, yet every bit noble.

She strides forward looking for traps from the comfort of the shadows.

[dice=Stealth]1d20+13
[dice=Perception]1d20+26

Again, Lady Dracul's keen eyes perceive danger on the landing: another devious trap set for them by the Beast 666...

On the east wall over the landing, facing the adventurers as they come down the stairs, a bas relief demon face with gaping fanged maw and goat like horns leers menacingly, a faint reddish flickering visible in the dark recess of the open mouth... Soot darkens the lips of the demon mouth, suggesting a jet of flame might burst forth when one sets foot on the landing, perhaps...


M Human fighter 4/monk 4/expert 2

LADY IHRIN FINDS A TRAP!


female Human Unchained Rogue 11th/Samurai[Warrior Poet] 2nd HP:140|AC:32(t:22,ff:22)|F:+11|R:+14|W:+10|CMD:24|CMB:+11|Init:+4 Per:+22(+26)|Dagger+15/+10,Lgt Mace+14/+9,Hvy Wrist Launchers+14/+9,Cestus+14/+9,Katana +15/+10, Wakizashi +15/+10

Ihrin stops those behind her as well as Johann and pulls out her tools as she begins to work through the trap taking her time.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 20 = 39


M Human fighter 4/monk 4/expert 2
Ihrin Ardlean Dracul wrote:

Ihrin stops those behind her as well as Johann and pulls out her tools as she begins to work through the trap taking her time.

[dice=Disable Device]1d20+20

With expert skill, Lady Ihrin again proves her worth as a finder and disarmer of deadly traps. Using a telescopic rod with changeable fittings on the business end, she carefully plugs up the demon mouth with debris from the safety of the lower steps of the stairway across the landing, rendering the flame jet trap harmless...

And earning the party another 2,400 XP!


M Human fighter 4/monk 4/expert 2

Now able to step safely onto the landing and peer south down another flight of descending stairs, the adventurers behold another lower landing of equal size (10-ft-sq). On the south wall facing the descending stairs are three levers, all in the up position. Each of the three levers has a knob on the end with Roman numerals graven in them, from left to right: I, II, III.

Although it is difficult to see clearly from the higher landing, there appears to be an iron portcullis or grate blocking further passage on the east side of the lower landing. Perhaps the levers can be used to raise and lower this barrier...

Grand Lodge

Skinwalker Shifter 12/Monk 1; 208/208 HP; Init +8; Perception +20; Low Light Vision; [AC 30][Touch 19][FF 28]; [Fort 18][Reflex 15][Will 13],[CMD:42, vs grapple 44], [Minutes of Minor Aspect 16/16], [Hours of Major Aspect 16/16]

Johann goes down the stairs and gets a better look at the iron portcullis. Is there just the one portcullis? Any distinguishing features like letters or numbers on it?


M Human fighter 4/monk 4/expert 2

From the vantage point of the lower landing, Johann can see another stairway ascending eastward to a higher landing beyond not just one, but three portcullis on the east side of the lower landing. At the top of the stairs beyond the three gates, upon the higher landing, a cauldron of blackened metal can be seen by the light of flickering torches...


Changeling Witch(Tatterdemalion)13th|HP:85|AC:21(23)(T:14FF:18)|F:+7|R:+9|W:+13|SR:19| CMD:18|CMB:+8|Init:+2 Per:+12|Spear:+9(+8), Claw:+7,Dagger:+7,Sling:+10,Cestus:+7|Spells:0-4,1-7,2-7,3-7,4-6,5-5,6-4,7- 3

Mwikali feeds Kiku a bit of dried fruit.

"Do we need eyes further in?"She suggests willing to risk Kiku to go further down the portcullis at this critical venture.

Grand Lodge

Skinwalker Shifter 12/Monk 1; 208/208 HP; Init +8; Perception +20; Low Light Vision; [AC 30][Touch 19][FF 28]; [Fort 18][Reflex 15][Will 13],[CMD:42, vs grapple 44], [Minutes of Minor Aspect 16/16], [Hours of Major Aspect 16/16]

From his perspective, Johann growls... "Grarrwwwwwrrr. Pull a lever and let's see what happens."

3,201 to 3,250 of 3,557 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Year of Our Lord 1437 Pathfinder RAW PVP Combined Tables 1 & 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.