Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


3,401 to 3,450 of 3,756 << first < prev | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | next > last >>

AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin mourns for Kael's loss.

Gorloth, if I may, what do you intend to do now?


“Hmmm, I think the better question is what are you and your companions going to do now?”


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Gorloth....how came you to be here....what can you tell us about the constant shifting of the spire


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

I cannot speak for my compatriots seek to do next. I only meant to inquire if you have other work for us. I think we have proven ourselves capable.

Barring any sidequests down similarly dark paths. Pnin believes the party should head toward the green portal? Not many ideas here.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL
DM Darkvision wrote:

Gorloth takes the ring and moves back from Kael a bit. He then moves his other hand above the ring and chants what must be a spell. He concentrates for a few minutes and then looks up at Kael.

“Your cousin is gone, he serves Pharasma in the Boneyard.”

Kael takes the ring back from Gorloth-Is there more you will tell me? I am honor bound to recover his remains and return them to his family if I can.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL
Pnin wrote:

I cannot speak for my compatriots seek to do next. I only meant to inquire if you have other work for us. I think we have proven ourselves capable.

Barring any sidequests down similarly dark paths. Pnin believes the party should head toward the green portal? Not many ideas here.

Quietly to Pnin-I don't plan on working with this man again if it can be avoided. A quest for an evil wizard out of necessity is one thing. A second is like having your soul sprint into the darkest of hells. If I cannot recover my cousin's remains then I will return to Riverwatch and send word to his family and return to my work as Captain of the Gates.


“I can only discern your cousin’s location, I know not how he perished. As for the Spire it is driven by ancient magics which must be the source of the changes but towards what purpose I am again ignorant.”


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Alright, then let's away.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL
DM Darkvision wrote:
“I can only discern your cousin’s location, I know not how he perished. As for the Spire it is driven by ancient magics which must be the source of the changes but towards what purpose I am again ignorant.”

Kael sighs-Where is his body now? I must do my best to retrieve it.


“Let me clarify, your cousin is in the boneyard, I don’t know what became of his body or where it might be, if he met his demise here in the Spire, most likely destroyed or consumed.”


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Tears well up in Kael's eyes as he thinks about the many afternoons that he and Jharun spent fishing at the small pond near their family's farm.

I pray you find piece in the next cousin....

Does Gorloth hand over the remaining 2 magic items?


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

piece of what?? i gotta know


Kael Cullen wrote:

Tears well up in Kael's eyes as he thinks about the many afternoons that he and Jharun spent fishing at the small pond near their family's farm.

I pray you find piece in the next cousin....

Does Gorloth hand over the remaining 2 magic items?

He already gave them to you. See post from Sunday.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL
DM Darkvision wrote:
Kael Cullen wrote:

Tears well up in Kael's eyes as he thinks about the many afternoons that he and Jharun spent fishing at the small pond near their family's farm.

I pray you find piece in the next cousin....

Does Gorloth hand over the remaining 2 magic items?

He already gave them to you. See post from Sunday.

Sorry Darkvision, totally spaced that. :-(

Addressing the party-Let's return to Riverwatch. We can regroup and reequip there while you figure out what you all plan to do next. I can send word to my Uncle Cerwin of Jharun's fate, and we should probably let the Goldenfire Order know as well.

If no one says otherwise, Kael leads the party to the green portal and the surface.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

On the way:

I'm not sure what we should even consider doing next. Pay our respects to the paralictor with Kael in tow?

Were there any unopened doors when we first came through the green portal?

Also, I was looking and I cannot believe we were last in Riverwatch in June! Can I get a reality check of how much time has passed in-game? Have we slept since Idril died? . . . I feel like we've been in the Spire for months!


male human paladin 10, AC28 HP122 init. +3 Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 10

I ID the wand we have.
The only time I want to see the paralictor is to bathe him in the flames of vengeance. May take awhile.


The group makes it back to the green portal and then to the Spire entrance. It’s dark outside, you figure the sun set a couple hours ago.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

best we wait out the night here...and continue at first light...we should be cautious....last i checked we were still outlaws and the paralictor still wants our head on a spike...so if ya still need the paralictor to give ya a scratch behind the ears or rub yer belly Pnin...youre more than welcome to try


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

At the mention of the Paralictor Kael's otherwise low spirits seem to perk up a bit-The injustice of Inevitable rivals the chaos and iniquity that reside in Thronkeep. Someday good people will rise up and cast those wicked rulers into the waste bin of history.

A rest won't hurt us, although given the foul nature of this place who knows the truth of those words. Probably better than stomping off in the darkness of the woods. Tough enough to find our way during daylight.

Kael will heal any remaining wounds the party has.

perception on watch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael will rest a bit and ask Kael to wake him when hes ready....
per on watch: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Before rest: You mistake me, Sanrael. I do not seek the Paralictor's affections. I meant that we should visit destruction upon him and Inevitable. A task that is now more feasible thanks to our holy warrior. Perhaps our odds are still low, but at least we'd be doing some good in the world by relieving it of a few hell knights. I know not what purpose we serve here.

And one more thing. Continue to mock me and I will ''scratch'' *you* behind the ears.

Pnin will take the remaining watch.

Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27


The night passes slowly and despite everyone’s exhaustion, sleep fails to come easily and you are all troubled by bad dreams about Fort Inevitable and the Hell Knights.

The thunder and lightning from a passing storm doesn’t help matters but by morning all that is left is a bit of light rain.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

so Kael....if all agree to our next course of action...perhaps we stop by the vineyards then to the goldenfire order?


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael thinks for a moment before responding-No, at least not for me. My first duty is to return to Riverwatch and send word to my Uncle of Jahrun's likely demise and make arrangements to get his ring back to his family.

I regret that we were not able to find his actual body. Taking the word of an evil man like Gorloth is not much of an assurance.

Once that is done, I need to report to the Watch and see if the superiors of my Order have anything further for me. If not, then I will accompany you to Thornkeep to inform the Goldenfire Order of Jahrun's passing and see if they have any further information about Jahrun's end.

As for the vineyards, from what you have told me there is nothing left for you there as your friends have fled the wrath of the Inevitable and the Hellknights.

Lead us, if you please, Pnin.

perception on way to Riverwatch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin does his best to lead the party to Riverwatch.

Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 37


??: 3d20 ⇒ (8, 20, 18) = 46

Pnin leads the party towards Riverwatch. The trail is muddy and slippery from the storm and the group is quickly soaked through by the light rain coming down.

After a few hours Pnin’s keen ears determine that something is coming towards the group on the trail.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

let us be off the trail....


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Meta-ing that Pnin told the party of something coming.

Kael frowns-Hold your ground Sanrael. We have a right to the road as much as anyone else. That said, keep an arrow ready Pnin and let's be sharp if it comes to blows.

Waiting till we see what's coming towards us.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Yes, sorry, Pnin relays the information (he's not mad enough at Sanrael to withhold information from the party.)

Not sure what Kael meant by "waiting." Does he want the party to hold its position or keep walking?

Pnin is going to keep walking on our current heading, thinking its best not to raise suspicion by suddenly stopping.

If Kael is saying we should stop, Pnin will stop and voice the above logic in-game, quietly.

On that note, does Pnin detect the noise in front of the party or is the noise approaching from our rear?


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael walks behind Pnin-Sounds fair Pnin; I'll follow your lead.


The noise Pain heard turns out to be a group of six men at arms and two hell knights. They are coming down the path towards you about 40' away.

One of the hell knights to the party:

"You there, halt."


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sometimes its best to walk around something than thru it Kael.... sanrael whispers..youre not the one thats a wanted fugitive...so talk us out of this


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

Cast Message, and subvocalize be ready for a fight though. I'm going to start by casting Sleep on the underlings. Depending on it's effectiveness, I may cast it again.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael looks with disdain at Sanrael thinking to himself It's "you are" or "you're"; cowardice and illiteracy all in one tidy package... before casting a stern glance at the hell knight. He slows his pace but does not stop, trying to keep enough space between him and the potential foes for Curral to get his spell off and Pnin to fire arrows-This path does not recognize your authority and neither do I. We are lawful travelers well outside the jurisdiction of Fort Inevitable. Stand aside and let us pass.

diplomacy for a change: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Whelp, hopefully my blade is sharp as my tongue....


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

Oh, that won't go over well

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael laughs...as usual...the eloquence of a brick falling on a poor unaware soul


“Take the criminals by force!”

hell knight init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Roll your initiative, if you tie or beat the hell knights go ahead and take your action, otherwise wait your turn.


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Cast Sleep on underlings.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

INIT: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

I guess I'm getting all of my bad rolls out early?

Your deaths will be a victory for righteousness!


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

So they are flat-footed, and Pnin can sneak attack?

He fires at the bigger hell knight with some rapid shots.

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 2 = 16

Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + (2, 3) = 14

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 2 = 22

Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + (4, 6) = 19

Debilitating injury if there is a hit -2 AC, -4 AC vs. me.


Curral reacts first with a spell that causes two of the men to drop in their tracks fast asleep.

will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Pnin then fires a volley of arrows at the apparent leader, the first glances harmlessly off his armor the second hits a joint in the armor by the right hip causing damage and obvious discomfort to the man’s movements.

The quiet hell knight comes for Kael, the wounded hell knight comes for Pnin “the cat is mine!”. The remaining men at arms split between Sanrael and Curral.

Kael
great sword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Pnin
great sword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
dam: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 6) + 8 = 20

Curral
sword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

sword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
dam: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 = 14

Sanrael
sword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

sword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Everyone make your next attack.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sanrael dodges his attacker
PA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 272d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 5) + 13 = 20


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

Cast Mirror Image Image: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael's stout armor wards off any damage as he attacks Pnin's foe-You should try me instead Hellknight weasel; to court Pnin is to court death!

GSPA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 232d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 5) + 13 = 19


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

is it double damage for a natural 20?


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Realizing I should have put the belt on . . .

-20/32 HP

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 2 = 26

Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 5 + (3, 3) = 16

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 2 = 23

Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 5 + (2, 5) = 13

So the injury maintains!


Curral casts a spell creating multiple images of himself. Sanrael cuts down a man with a savage blow (yes it was a crit, double damage) that shears through armor and bone. Kael exposes himself to another blow to aid Pnin and they succeed in killing the hell knight facing Pnin.

Kael
AOO GS: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
GS: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Pnin

Curral
S: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
S: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Sanrael
S: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

Cast Sleep on the two underlings in front of him.

3,401 to 3,450 of 3,756 << first < prev | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.