Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


3,301 to 3,350 of 3,516 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>

Pnin marks the area which should be avoidable for anyone that is not extremely unlucky.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael on his turn goes across, hoping his luck has changed.

1d20 ⇒ 8


AC 20; HP 56 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael crosses after Pnin
1d20 ⇒ 9


Curral is up, whatever’s you do, just don’t roll an 8 or a 9.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4
DM Darkvision wrote:
Curral is up, whatever’s you do, just don’t roll an 8 or a 9.

I'm having fun RPing what these rolls mean . . . is it what part of the bad bridge they step on?


Curral?


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

Across I go

1d20 ⇒ 8

-lol-


Everyone makes it across fine.

Pnin: basically you don’t want to roll a 1 in a situation like that, or any other time for that matter.


You now have a choice of left passage or right passage, one to the right looks slightly bigger, maybe 15’ ceiling instead of 12’.


AC 20; HP 56 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

i say lets go to the left....if were attacked it will be a smaller creature....


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

As a joke with a kernal of truth: Sanrael, why must you tempt fate like that.

Pnin heads down the left path.

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30


AC 20; HP 56 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sanrael follows..... my grandfather aerie bloodthorn once said a friend of his....groomash....always lived by the creed when faced with danger....be not afraid of failure...but please be terrified of regret...so its off to the left....hahaha sanrael chuckles....


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael quietly follows Pnin's lead down the leftwardly tunnel.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Thinking: Groomash???


Pnin and group head down the left tunnel about 150’, Pnin can see it is opening up into a cavern and there is some sort of red glow coming from the cavern.


AC 20; HP 56 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

what do you see Pnin???


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin takes a look around:

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30


Is Pnin staying in the passage or entering the cavern? From the passage you can see a red glow coming from the cavern. It doesn’t look like what you would see from torches, campfire or lanterns.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Yeah, I was wondering if I'd have to move. Let's say:

Before perceiving, Pnin moves toward the opening.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23


As he moves forward Pnin can feel heat and smell sulfur. However, he’ll have to round a corner to see into the cavern.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

If Message is active, Pnin relays the information to the party telepathically. Otherwise, he is going to sneak back to relay the info.

After relaying the message, Pnin gets into a crouch and tries to peek around the corner without being seen.

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (14) + 21 = 35

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33


pnin:

Pnin sees a devil with a saw-toothed glaive, below its toothy maw writhes a hideous, twitching beard. The cavern contains several small pools of lava. The devil stands about 30’ away looking into one of the pools, it’s back is to you.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin messages the party to tell them what he sees, says he is going to attack, draws his bow back deliberately, waits for any response . . .

and if he doesn't get one, he fires!

Shortbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

SneakAttack: 1d6 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + (5, 4) = 16


AC 20; HP 56 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael moves slowly up behind Pnin....slowly.....


Any actions by Kael or Curral or are we throwing in the towel?


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

-sorry for the inaction-

After getting the message from Pnin, Curral respondshold on, coming quickly.

Curral passes Sanraelpick it up


AC 20; HP 56 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael shakes his head....foolhardy....brave but foolhardy....
sanrael moves quicker


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael does his best to get in front of the others, moving quickly and 'quietly' towards the bearded menace.


Everyone makes it up to Pnin in time to see him shoot an arrow that hits the devil in the back. Rest of party can attack.

stealth: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 8


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

Inspire Courage 1/16 Toothy Devil with the hideous beard, even your mama thinks you look a little weird!

Everyone +1 hit/dam


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael rushes in, hoping to strike first and strike hard-Inheritor, let my actions work towards my redemption...

Charging; smite evil-bypass DR, +3 to AC
1d20 + 7 + 2 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 334d6 + 26 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 4) + 26 + 16 + 2 = 56


AC 20; HP 56 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sanrael charges in on the opposite side of Kael....swinging low
GSPA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 172d6 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2) + 13 + 1 = 19


Kael rushes forward as if possessed and plunges his blade through the devil’s chest ending its life.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Sure hope it wasn't a good devil . . .

Pnin cautiously approaches towards the party's forward position, and takes a look around

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

-I think it was an innocent village girl with a glamor on her....doh!-

-don't tell Kael, think it would break him.-


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael looks about to make sure the devil was by its lonesome before wiping down his blade. ~Filthy thing; hope that hurt....~

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


A study of the cavern reveals little of interest other than 4 pools of lava and a small locked chest. Pnin determines the chest is trapped.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin tries to unlock the chest

DisableDevice: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22


After a couple attempts Pnin gets the lock open. The chest contains a +2 Cloak of Resistance and 75 platinum pieces.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

I'm not trying to be immodest, but does anyone else feel like that was a bit too easy? If that was really the devil we needed to slay, why didn't Gorloth set his shadow minions on it? They seemed pretty deadly to me....

Anything else in this room; doors, ways out, etc?

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

I feel uneasy, but I've long felt uneasy in this cave. We can return to the fork a ways back. . .


No further exits this way, the party makes it back to the fork in the passage.


AC 20; HP 56 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael stops....and looks at the pools of lava.....
perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34


Sanrael doesn’t see anything in the lava pools, looks hot!


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael waits for Pnin and then follows behind perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin proceeds down the path:

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (3) + 21 = 24


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

Keep an eye out perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Pnin is awesome! My 15 perception toll barely edged out his 3...


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Thanks! But I feel like the gods will still treat it like a three . . . like the bar has been raised, lol


Sanrael?

3,301 to 3,350 of 3,516 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.