Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


3,651 to 3,700 of 4,305 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>

Pnin:
disabling any of four traps would give you direct access to the camp but you would need to stealth up to the camp and disable


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin communicates that he would have to disable four traps to give access to the camp.


Pnin wrote:
Pnin communicates that he would have to disable four traps to give access to the camp.

Disabling any of the 4 would give access to the camp.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Oh! Well then let's proceed:

Pnin slinks through the jungle toward the traps in front of the party

Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26

He then attempts to disarm the trap:

DisableDevice: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37


perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Pnin sneaks up and disables one of the tripwires.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael watches in anticipation.....covering Pnin with his bow in case need be


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin draws his bow, well to the party's left flank and says, through message:

Curral, begin your song, then Sanrael and I will fire!

Pnin waits for the Inspire and fires at a weak point (Debilitating Injury)

Shortbow: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 2 = 25

SneakAttack: 1d6 + 6 + 2 + 3d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 + (5, 3, 2) = 24

He tries to obscure his position:

Stealth: 1d20 + 15 - 20 ⇒ (18) + 15 - 20 = 13

Not sure if Pnin gets to rapid shot if obscuring his position? Or if I even followed the rule correctly... Are there bonuses for the party distracting?


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Once Curral begins his song, Kael strides forward and yells at the trolls:


Troll sat alone on his seat of stone,
And munched and mumbled a bare old bone;
For many a year he had gnawed it near,
For meat was hard to come by.
Done by! Gum by!
In a cave in the hills he dwelt alone,
And meat was hard to come by.
Meat is on you stupid trolls, come and get it!


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

sanrael fires his bow
comp bow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 181d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

Curral begins an Inspire Courage bardic performance, Come on boys, Let's rock, Let's roll! Pick a dance partner, long as it's a troll!

+2 hit/dam


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael will delay to see what the trolls do but will in general try to stay between them and the squishies


Curral and Kael perform with dueling banjos as Pnin and Sanrael both snipe at trolls with Pnin's shot being far more effective but giving up his position in the process. Pnin please indicate which debilitating injury you want applied when you use it.

The trolls attack their assailants!

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

More injured troll stops and tries to attack Pnin.
claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

The two other trolls blow by Pnin to get at the rest of the party.

Slightly injured troll on Sanrael.
bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
dam: 2d8 + 14 ⇒ (2, 6) + 14 = 22

Uninjured troll on Kael.
bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Oh, sorry, I thought I had, I think -2 to AC is best so that's what I mean if I forget again.

Pnin tries to attack his injured opponent

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 14

Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 18

Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

-Pnin, don't forget your +1 hit/dam from precise shot-

Continue to Inspire Courage Wake up, cry out, whatever you think is best.
It won't matter 'cause we're puttin you down to a final rest!

Fire at Pnin's troll

Short Comp. Bow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 11

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 18

damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 12


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

-22/60
Sanrael attacks his foe
GSPA: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 = 262d6 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 13 + 2 = 18


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

is the dmg on me actually double??


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Do I get a free attack for having it as a readied action?

Kael ignores his troll to focus on Sanrael's, thinking-Got to finish these off quick; hope Pnin can hold his own for a bit!

Curral, be handy with fire or acid or something as we drop them!

flank if possible

GSPA: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 = 192d6 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 13 + 2 = 21


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL
Curral wrote:

-Pnin, don't forget your +1 hit/dam from precise shot-

Continue to Inspire Courage Wake up, cry out, whatever you think is best.
It won't matter 'cause we're puttin you down to a final rest!

Fire at Pnin's troll

[dice=Short Comp. Bow]1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 + 2

[dice=Rapid Shot]1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 + 2

[dice=damage]1d6 + 4 + 1 + 2

You mean +1/+1 for point blank shot?


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

-Doh!-


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4
Curral wrote:

-Pnin, don't forget your +1 hit/dam from precise shot-

Thanks Curral, but I've been using it so long that I rolled all the bonuses into my +11. Sorry if it's not kosher to write it that way. In case you wanted an audit, my math is +11 = +3 (BAB) +5 (Dex) + 1 (Point Blank) + 1 (Weapon Focus) +1 (mwk). Should I be typing +3+5+1+1+1 instead?


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

-Ha, no that's fine. just wanted to make sure you weren't forgetting it. Silly me for doubting you.-


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Darkvision bump


Sanrael Bloodthorn wrote:
is the dmg on me actually double??

just the damage shown


Kael Cullen wrote:
Darkvision bump

I prefer crush the PCs.


Pnin and Curral harass Pnin's troll with arrows doing minor damage.

Kael avoids an attack of opportunity (readied) and helps Sanrael with his troll, which staggers as it gets hit with two great swords.

Pnin's troll claws and bites into him.
claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
dam: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
dam: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Sanrael bobs and weaves avoiding troll claws and teeth.
claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Kael's armor can't fully protect him as a claw finds a weak spot.
claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
dam: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL
DM Darkvision wrote:
Kael Cullen wrote:
Darkvision bump
I prefer crush the PCs.

Now you are just trollin' us! Mi-hoy!


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

-11/50HP

Hang in there Pnin...

On Sanrael troll, flanking if possible
GSPA: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 = 282d6 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 13 + 2 = 23


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

Continue to Inspire Courage Come on now, hit em were it hurts! Put some steel holes in those troll shirts!

Attack Pnins troll short comp bow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 27
damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 9

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 22
damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 13


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

if need be Sanrael continues attacking the troll on him...if not rolls away to attack the troll on KaelGSPA: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 = 272d6 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (2, 6) + 13 + 2 = 23


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Is Curral flanking??? Really missing the sneak attack . . .

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 14

Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 31

Crit Damage: 3d6 + 18 + 6 ⇒ (6, 5, 3) + 18 + 6 = 38

Still not sure if I have the sneak attack right. Praying to Bastet that Pnin makes it another turn!


Kael and Sanrael chop down a troll together, while Curral and Pnin put one down with arrows! Go team! The lone troll left strikes at Kael/San: 1d2 ⇒ 2 Sanrael ripping flesh with a razor sharp claw.

claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
dam: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Pnin, Curral, burn those trolls. San and I will see to this last one!

GSPA: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 = 142d6 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (5, 1) + 13 + 2 = 21


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin uses his kit to set fire to the troll he was fighting.

If he has actions left, he will move to flank with Kael & Sanrael.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

-36/60
Sanrael feels the sting of the claw ripping at his flesh and grimaces...twisting his blade into the troll
GSPA: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 = 242d6 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (5, 5) + 13 + 2 = 25


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

Curral will cast Spark with a little oil to burn the other troll.


Pnin and Kael burn two of the troll bodies. Kael takes a swing and a miss while Sanrael chops into the remaining troll.

claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
dam: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

whom gets the bite?


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Hopefully me; get swinging!

GSPA: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 = 162d6 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 13 + 2 = 19


That's all you Sanrael!


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

The following is based Pnin having been able to move last round. Otherwise just the first shot goes off

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 28

Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 6 + 2 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 + (6, 4, 3) = 22

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 12

Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 6 + 2 + 3d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 + (2, 3, 1) = 20


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

-50/60 hp
thanks!!
GSPA: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 = 252d6 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 13 + 2 = 21


Curral?


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

Inspire Courage and fire at the remaining troll

Thick-skinned monster, take em to the floor. Get this last one, then there ain't no more!

comp. short bow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 14

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 19
damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 8


Sanrael, Pnin and Curral finish off the remaining troll.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Burn the remaining troll and take a look around the camp

Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (2) + 22 = 24


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael sits for a moment looking about....be careful of those traps to no one in particular


With Sanrael’s reminder Pnin points out the locations of the remaining traps so the party can easily avoid. Pnin also finds what looks like a disturbed area of soil near a crude lean-to within the camp.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36 sanrael painfully stands...and looks about while cleaning his blade....
survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael eyes Sanrael gravely-Who knew trolls would have such a hankering for half-elf? Try moving aside next time....

Hold still, this won't hurt a bit.

pulse x4: 3d6 + 1 + 3d6 + 1 + 3d6 + 1 + 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3, 2) + 1 + (3, 3, 6) + 1 + (3, 2, 5) + 1 + (4, 3, 1) + 1 = 43

Did we rest and recover or do we still need to rest?


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael looks at the pointed out area of disturbed soil-How about some detect magic Curral? I don't mind digging and finding treasure, but I'd hate to dig and find a midden.

3,651 to 3,700 of 4,305 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.