Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


3,601 to 3,650 of 4,273 << first < prev | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | next > last >>

AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael now knows every detail of the undead menace and every intimacy of Taeserle. Regards, Spirit of Don


“You are no bother. If you would desire a weapon to help fight undead there is tales of one within the Enigma Vaults, an old dungeon beneath the town. The dungeon was sealed a century ago but my research indicates that there is another way in via a cave system along Echo Creek just to the North of town.”

The gnome has not heard of Taeserle.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Before we go a-questing, can Pnin buy blunt arrows at a local shop?

Blunt Arrows Page at D20pfsrd

Is there any penalty to use them if I want to inflict lethal damage? Not sure if I am reading the page correctly . . .


Pnin wrote:

Before we go a-questing, can Pnin buy blunt arrows at a local shop?

Blunt Arrows Page at D20pfsrd

Is there any penalty to use them if I want to inflict lethal damage? Not sure if I am reading the page correctly . . .

Yes you can purchase them and the way o read it there is no penalty to do lethal damage.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin buys an equivalent amount of blunt arrows as his regular arrows.

Let me know how much gold I should spend . . . I know we don't keep track of ammo, so I am willing to take a haircut for this benefit.

Shall we ask around town for Taeserle? Or just head out for the dungeon


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael asks Drax for directions to the newfound entrance as well as anything else the party should know about the Enigma Vaults and their contents.

In addition, he asks that Drax find the whereabouts of Taeserle and has the party describe her to him. I beg your forbearance Drax; I know that you are no mere performer of tasks, but we do not know Thornkeep at all and we should like to find her but I don't think that can take priority over the growing undead problem. If there is any reward I can offer you for your help, please name it.

Then off to the Vaults of Enigma!


“I’m uncertain of the exact location of the cave that leads to Vaults, but my books tell me it’s along the creek just north of town, if you follow the creek then in theory you should fbe able to find it. I imagine it will be considerably dangerous which is why I haven’t gone to look myself. I can try to track down this Taeserle but what makes you think she would come here?”


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

That's a fair question Drax, and from what I've heard she might have no reason to come here at all. Last we know she was headed to the Inn at the Crossings. From there only the gods know. However, for what we think to do in the future, finding her could be crucial. Please do your best to find word of her and we will do our best not to get killed. Kael smiles grimly at that last part. Any other words of wisdom for us Drax? Otherwise we are off to try our luck at spelunking.

Head to the creek and start looking.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin worries for Taeserle's fate. What if she didn't make it out after all?

Perhaps it is best if we are on our way to the north creek


Perception checks if you are trying to locate the cave.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael falls in behind Pnin once more-I hate to ask you to take us below ground into darkness once more Pnin, but I learned long ago the things I don't want to do are usually the ones I need to do.

perception for cave: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

per: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

It's Alright Kael. Perhaps we must go through the darkness to get to the light.

Perception For Cave: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (8) + 22 = 30


The party searches up and down the bank of the creek for several hours before the sun starts to set without finding the elusive cave.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

We probably could have found it if Curral wasn't so busy working on future lines of verse and more focused on finding the dang cave.-Kael grumbles to himself mentally. You are just tired; quit being uncharitable!-he scolds himself.

Who want's to keep watch with me?

Cast ~keep watch~

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

I will. It'll give me some time to work on my verse.
Curral smiles at Kael.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Sleeping is fine, for some it's alright...I'd rather see, what approacheth at night! good thing my keen eyes are on duty...now where was I...


??: 1d20 ⇒ 19
??: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Kael:
you hear something large approaching in the night


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael motions to Curral and harshly whispers-Something large approaches, wake the others.

He readies his blade and stands between the noise and the party.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin awakens and tries to assess the situation:
Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (19) + 22 = 41


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sanrael hides in the shadows....blade at the ready
perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

Wake the others and ready my weapons


Kael/Pnin:
You can make out 3 large forms making their way along the far bank of the creek, they are about 40’ away. They don’t seem to have noticed you so far.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

~detect evil~ (60' cone)

Tell Pnin of the results and if evil:

In a hissing whisper-Your call Pnin. Fire first or let them pass.


Evil


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael gazes into the darkness
perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Whatever they are Pnin, they are evil. Fire or let pass; your call.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin fires at the evil creatures

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 2 = 26

Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 6 + 3d6 ⇒ (5) + 6 + (1, 4, 5) = 21

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 - 2 = 20

Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 6 + 3d6 ⇒ (5) + 6 + (5, 4, 6) = 26


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael will wait to see what the creatures do, hoping that they don't see where the arrows came from in the darkness. Does he have any guess what they are? His knowledge ranks are in nobility and religion only.

As a readied action he will charge to attack any of the creatures that move to attack the party, interdicting them before they can engage with Pnin.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sanrael waits....if they move to the party he will cast entangle
knowledge nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Pnin is outside sneak attack range 30’. Also, rogue must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot and must be able to reach such a spot. Would need darkvision in these conditions.

Given above, does Pnin still want to attack?


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

How close would Pnin have to get with low light vision in these conditions then? Is it 15ft?

If so, Pnin does not attack. Leaning toward not attacking anyway. Thoughts from one of you with darkvision?


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

I think it best to wait....these creatures may lead us to....or back to the cave we seek...so lets lay still and watch....


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Hearing Sanrael, Kael thinks quickly before whispering-San is probably right Pnin. Hold your fire and let them pass. We'll see what direction they go and follow after them.

Kael keeps an eye on the three creatures using his darkvision and once they are out of sight-Now it's your turn to lead us San. Let's see how good your tracking skills are. Last I saw they were over there and heading away in that direction.. Kael does his best to point out where the creatures [knowledge?] were going.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Pnin’s not sure how close he would need to get. Make a stealth roll if you want to move closer.

If everyone is following then make stealth rolls.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

The intention is to let the creatures completely pass and let our noble tracker find their trail and follow out of earshot.

Does anyone know what the creatures are?

stealth: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (13) - 4 = 9


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

knowledge nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Kael and Curral would be the only ones to get a decent look at the creatures. How long do you wait after they pass to follow?


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

A full minute


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Sorry for the delay: I had a flight

Pnin sneaks after the big'uns trying to get close enough for a good look

Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Pnin gains an extra level for flying this week! :D


The party finds and loses the 3 large figures in the dark and then find them again at a crude camp in the forest next to the river as the sun begins to rise. You recognize the creatures as trolls. You are 100’ or so from their camp. If you want to move closer make a stealth roll.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

If message is up, Pnin tries to move in

Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25

Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (20) + 22 = 42

Otherwise, he tells the party that he wants to scout out their position. And asks for other ideas.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael assesses the layout of the camp and then offers his thoughts on strategy-Pnin I think if you take a flanking position from the side to maximize your bow, that would be best. When you fire your first volley, I'll charge in to draw their attention. Hopefully Sanrael will join me. Curral should give me a dose, and Sanrael if he's going to fight, of that shield wand first and then get some sweet verse in the air, joining in as he feels appropriate. Unless anyone else thinks different, let's get message cast and we'll wait for Pnin to start the party.

The words Leroy Jenkins echo in Kael's mind....


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

my blade is thirsty...and i yearn to quench its thirst Kael...shall i first cast entangle before Pnin fires?


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael looks at Sanrael-Hold that spell until we see which way the foes move. If they head towards Pnin's position cast it on them to keep them at bay. Otherwise, use your best judgement.

Curral? Otherwise, Pnin let's get the party started.


Pnin:
you notice tripwires and pit traps all around the camp


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

Cast Shield from the wand on Kael and Sanrael, then get ready to sing my arse off!


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Through message, Pnin warns the party of the traps "all around the camp."

Question: Does Pnin see a way to disable the traps and give the squad a way in? Does he see a spot where there are less traps to disable and create a path?

Otherwise, Pnin is probably urging the party to call it off, hopefully before Curral casts to save us the charges.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL
Pnin wrote:

Through message, Pnin warns the party of the traps "all around the camp."

Question: Does Pnin see a way to disable the traps and give the squad a way in? Does he see a spot where there are less traps to disable and create a path?

Otherwise, Pnin is probably urging the party to call it off, hopefully before Curral casts to save us the charges.

Check out the discussion page.

3,601 to 3,650 of 4,273 << first < prev | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.