Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


3,451 to 3,500 of 3,770 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>

AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Blades once more clang harmlessly off of Kael's armor; he turns to bring the wrath of his greatsword on the 'quiet' Hellknight-More like you lot should be called 'fell' knights! Those else who still stand, surrender or join the knights in death!

GSPA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 162d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 1) + 13 = 19


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Taking a flanking position with Kael: Aye, you should surrender too . . . 'twould be a quicker death!

Shortbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

SneakAttack: 1d6 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + (3, 6) = 18

Injury to AC again, if he lives.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sanrael attacks from the flank
PA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 212d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 4) + 13 = 18


will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Curral causes one man to fall asleep, the other drops his sword and runs for his life. Kael blow is turned aside by the hell knights sword but Pnin manages to wound him. Sanrael cuts down the man in front of him, he drops to the ground and continues to bleed.

The knight tries his luck against Pnin but comes up short.
gs: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

It's not too late to surrender and face justice...

GSPA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 112d6 + 13 ⇒ (3, 6) + 13 = 22


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin fires:

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 2 = 9

Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + (6, 6) = 21

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 2 = 9

Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 5 + (4, 5) = 20

-20/32 HP


Curral, Sanrael?


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

Truss up the sleeping soldiers.


Sure? Still fighting going on.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael attacks and attemps to strike a blow on the back of the head of the hellknight with the pommel of his sword

GreatSword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 142d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 4) + 7 = 12


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

Yes, take care of the Sleeping ones before they wake up.


The lone hell knight avoids all his attackers and responds to Kael’s words with contempt:

“What do you know of justice? You flout the law!”

Then the hell knight strikes Pnin down!

gs: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Dam: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 1) + 8 = 15


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Well . . . at least it's been a while . . . Kael, lay this punk out

-35/32 HP


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Pnin!

Growling-Law without justice is tyranny, and laws that further evil should be torn down.

GSPA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 152d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 6) + 13 = 24


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

enough of this purse slinging Kael...let me show you how the blade should do the talking and not fancy words...

GSPA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 272d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 4) + 13 = 18


Sanrael puts his blade through the man’s back severing his spine and ending his life.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

i say we stir up the hive....and hang these fellas with a sign saying "rise up and and fight the oppressors with the thornkeep liberation league!!"


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael admires Sanrael's blade craft for a moment-Well struck Sanrael, but lowering ourselves to their level is a poor reflection of who we are. No need to desecrate the dead. Plus taunting Thornkeep with the dead of Fort Inevitable seems like a losing proposition in any case.

First, let's get Pnin some healing. Then we can determine what to do with the men-at-arms that Curral has so neatly trussed up. Then finally we can head back to Riverwatch and handle our business there before taking any other action.

pulse healing 3/6: 9d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 2, 5, 3, 1, 5, 4, 6, 4) + 3 = 39

Welcome back Pnin. Those were some tough moments indeed! You will be happy to know that Sanrael has given me guidance on how to stop 'slinging my purse', I believe he called it.

~detect evil~ on prisoners


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

you speak with wisdom Kael...as you say....we shall do


Two of the four men detect as evil.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael thinks for a moment and then-Bind those two well Pnin pointing at the two men that detected as evil The other two I'll take an oath from and see if they have an interest of working for the Watch.

Kael lightly slaps the two men that did not detect as evil to awaken them. Once they have come to their senses-My name is Kael, a paladin of Iomedae. It also happens that I am Captain of the Guard at Riverwatch. I sense no evil about you and offer you employ in Riverwatch as members of the Guard should you so desire.

If this does not interest you then I ask for your oath-that you will not return to the service of the Hellknights. Once I have it I will release you to whatever ends you seek.

Alas, your surviving compatriots alas must be taken back to Riverwatch for judgement.

What say you both?


r: 2d20 ⇒ (10, 4) = 14

One man remains silent, the other tries to spit at Kael.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael dodges the man's spittle and looks at the pair with compassion-Come now, be sensible about this. I know neither of you are evil of spirit. I can only imagine you worked with the Hellknights out of a sense of law, fear, or because it was a job of necessity.

I'm not judging you; far from it. Instead, I give you an honest choice and a chance at a future different than you necks in a noose; I would imagine that is the fate that awaits your companions.

The choice is yours. I ask again: What say you both?

diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin binds the prisoners at Kael's direction. Then moves to back Kael during the prisoner interaction.

I'm confused, didn't Curral tie them up?

After the insult, Pnin's eyes narrow at the spitter. He draws his dagger, looks at it thoughtfully . . .

I wouldn't do that if I were you . . .


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL
Pnin wrote:

Pnin binds the prisoners at Kael's direction. Then moves to back Kael during the prisoner interaction.

I'm confused, didn't Curral tie them up?

After the insult, Pnin's eyes narrow at the spitter. He draws his dagger, looks at it thoughtfully . . .

I wouldn't do that if I were you . . .

He did tie them,but I'm assuming your rope skills are better and I don't want evil guys getting loose before they receive judgement.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

That's what I figured, but since there was no roll from Curral, I wasn't sure it was even something that was skill or ability based. Escape artist and Dex certainly seem relevant . . .


The men all remain quiet.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael looks at the men grimly-So be it; bind them tightly as well Pnin. Let's get to Riverwatch.

perception on the way: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin binds/rebinds the men. He binds the spitter with uncomfortable knots.


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

sulks, my rope skills are top-notch


Correction to me earlier posts, you only have 3 men in custody (1 evil, 2 non-evil), 1 man saved v. sleep and threw down his sword and ran.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

one got away....we can expect more coming then....let us make haste


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Let them come. Better to die in the sun relieving the world of some hellknights than in the bowels of the Spire in the service of the necromancer.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

or we can just live in nature...enjoying sunshine...we go with Kael to riverwatch...we also owe an answer to Lady Iliara of the goldenfire order..who we bargained with before Kael joined us


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael smiles at Pnin and Sanrael's banter-I actually like both your answers and both can be true. For now, however, let's take Sanrael's words and put them to work. Step lively and a good meal at Riverwatch will soon be our reward!

Perception rolls from the team and let's boogie!


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

That is music to my ears!


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

um, search the Hell Knights for goods and detect magic on them and the men in custody.


Are you spending time to search or leaving?


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin wants to search them before the forced march starts in case anyone has tricks up their sleeves.

He will defer to what the others think best, partially aware that there might be more to live for . . .

Perception Back to Riverwatch: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (3) + 21 = 24


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Take time to search and first pick to Curral for clear thinking!
Detect magic takes 3-4 rounds (less than 30 seconds). Coin/gems/jewelry plus and MW items should take no more than a minute or 2. Kael will keep an eye out with Sanreal as Pnin/Curral search.


Two masterwork greatswords, 50gp, nothing else significant.

The three men sit down and refuse to move.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael's mood turns sour as he addresses the recalcitrant defeated-Fellows, I'll be blunt, your choices are these: Come with us to Riverwatch and accept whatever justice is meted out to you there or accept field justice here and now.

With a metallic rasp he pulls his greatsword free of its harness.

Please come with us to Riverwatch; I've no desire to end your lives here today.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael laughs....and with a glint in his eye...speaks.. ive now qualms with ending their lives here Kael...they would have had no qualms ending ours..perhaps i can start by removing their fingers...please Kael...?? what say you


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael looks with disgust at Sanrael-I say be still your idle jesting; it stains your honor. To behave thus is to be no better than the Hellknights we just defeated.

He looks back at the prisoners as he readies his blade-Is it to be judgement in Riverwatch or judgement here?


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

Cast Message and subvocalize

I say we just knock them unconscious and take off. I take no pride in killing underlings. They've been raised to believe that the hellknights are the law. I can't blame them. Well, I can blame them, but killing them for it seems a bit extreme.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

were they mounted?
aye Curral....but lets also tie then up together, and remove their footwear


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +22
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin eyes his claws carefully:

At this point I just want to move on. Whether we bind them, knock them out, or offer them a trial by combat . . . we are wasting daylight with this discussion.


No mounts


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sanrael takes their footwear....and strikes them on the back of the heads to knock them out....let us move them all off to the side off the trail


Sanrael completes the actions as indicated. Anything else before the party heads to Riverwatch?

3,451 to 3,500 of 3,770 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.