Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


3,501 to 3,550 of 4,242 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>

AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

off to riverwatch


The group makes it to Riverwatch without any further encounters.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

~earlier~

Kael looks at Curral still deliberating-I'm not sure you would feel the same way if they were orcs. Leaving a foe behind means maybe having to fight them again later, and they didn't surrender they were captured.

Moments later after Sanrael knocks them out Kael shrugs and says with some sense of conflict in his voice-I guess that makes the decision easier, although I'm not sure this is actual justice.

~now~

Kael will report in to the Watch and notify them of his return, as well as informing them of the recent brush with the Hellknight patrol.

Then he will send a letter to Jahrun's father (including the ring) expressing his sincere regret that he was unable to save or find Jahrun, asking if there is anything else his Uncle needs from him.

Finally, he will liquidate the extra items and distribute the gold. He will see if there is any value to the 2 spellbooks in Riverwatch or if they indeed must be sold in Thornkeep.


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

Oh no, part of me wants to. The Hell Knights without a doubt. I just want to try and be a little better than they are, I guess.


Kael:

In regard to the report about the hellknights there is some consternation as direct conflict does not occur very often.

After a week you hear back from your uncle who thanks you and is sure that his son is dead as the ring is not worth much but was of great personal value to your cousin.

You can get 1000 gold for the books in Riverwatch if you want to sell them here.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

well Kael...sorry about your cousin...truly....now theres the matter of Pnin and I seeing Lady Iliara at the goldenfire order since we bargained with her...she may know of your cousins demise already, nevertheless we owe it to her to at least let her know we followed through with our agreement to seek out his whereabouts


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael asks his superiors if they have any direction for him regarding potential future encounters with forces from Fort Inevitable. Additionally, he asks for guidance on how he should have handled the captured prisoners. As well, he'll seek out any religious leadership on the last question. Finally, he'll ask if he may be permitted to continue to accompany his current companions as he feels there may be a chance to bring some greater good to the surrounding area through their endeavors.

To Sanrael-I appreciate your condolences Sanrael. In Jahrun I have lost a brother and that is a bitter burden to carry.

I have asked the leaders of my order if I may be permitted to continue to accompany your group, to Thornkeep and maybe beyond. I have a sense that great deeds may be afoot, and I would like to be a part of them if I can.


Kael receives an extended leave of absence from his duties at Riverwatch. He is told that as long as he is not representing Riverwatch he can deal with the hellknights as his conscience dictates, politically it would not be expedient for Riverwatch to get embroiled in an armed conflict with Fort Inevitable.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL
DM Darkvision wrote:
Kael receives an extended leave of absence from his duties at Riverwatch. He is told that as long as he is not representing Riverwatch he can deal with the hellknights as his conscience dictates, politically it would not be expedient for Riverwatch to get embroiled in an armed conflict with Fort Inevitable.

Kael will make sure to remove any type of badging or identification that would show him as coming from Riverwatch, thinking to himself-Have to watch my tongue out there. For now I'm just a holy man with a blade.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael checks in with his fellows from the Watch and otherwise spends his time in quiet contemplation and prayer over the dilemma with the captured Hellnight prisoners.

When the party is ready to head to Thornkeep, he meets them at the gates, still clearly troubled that he has not found answers and a reflection of his new lack of certainty given his near-death brush with the shadows.

perception on way to Thornkeep: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin spends a lot of time withdrawn in his room. He talks some meditative walks in nature but derives no joy from the freedom he once relished in.What good is freedom if this is what I choose to do with it.

He meets with Kael at the gates, hoping that a paladin can show him a better path . . .

Perception to Thornkeep: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (13) + 22 = 35


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Spotting the indomitable cat-man, Kael releases a broad grin and stops his idle talk with the gate guards-Hail Pnin and well met! Though it has been but a few short days, I must admit that I have missed your companionship and keen wit. It will be nice to travel with you once more, and though Thornkeep is not my idea of a fun time it is a certain improvement from our last locale. I hope you are rested and ready for whatever Desna may chance us next.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Sorry if I'm interrupting, Kael. I missed you Saying Thornkeep is an improvement over the Spire is faint praise indeed. But you have the right of it. I am glad you are permitted to continue on with us! I look forward to the activity that comes with travel.


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

Curral makes no major purchases, just some arrows and rations.

Kael, Pnin, I can't wait to see what lies ahead. I must say, it felt good to mix it up with the hellknights. Hopefully we get to do that again.


Sanrael?


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael feels he is changing...and is reflecting on these new feelings.....and will forego the hugs and kisses....but quietly follows the party


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Looks like we are all here Pnin. If you would, lead us to Thronkeep.

Kael follows Pnin (5' square away) perception roll above.


The party sets off to Thornkeep a few hours later several wagons heavily loaded with lumber are coming down the road towards the group.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Hard working woodsmen usually have good information about the goings on of the wilds Kael muses to himself Maybe they will be able to tell us what lies between us and Thronkeep. Of course it's also a fantastic guise from which to ambush unwary travelers; we should be careful. He shakes his head slightly That's the shadows talking Kael. You are not there and they are not you.

He sighs somewhat dispiritedly before saying-Hopefully my tongue will be more persuasive than my sword this time Pnin. Let's stand to the side of the road and let these hard working folk pass.

perception for ambush: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
plus ~detect evil~ as they approach

Once within earshot-Hello their neighbors! What news from your travels?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Well, I've not had much luck with talking to folks 'round these parts, Kael.

Pnin takes a gander:

Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (20) + 22 = 42


The party sees no sign of ambush. There are four large wagons loaded with pine, each has a driver and another man aboard, an additional six armed men walk along the road to either side of the wagons. The men on board the wagons are tough looking but are only armed with clubs while the ones walking carry blades and wear studded leather, definitely hired guards.

The lead driver waves at Kael. “We’ve seen little but muddy roads, but two wagons were found last week fulla cargo but nothin left of the drivers cept bloody messes.”


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael smiles and waves back-Thanks for the word neighbor. May the Inheritor's shield protect you!

He looks over at Pnin and almost talking to himself-See? Not so bad after all. Apparently not everyone is a mad wizard or death loving priest.

If this is the worst we face on the way to Thornkeep, Desna will have smiled on us indeed.

Let us continue.

Kael follows behind Pnin as they move forward towards Thornkeep.

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

on the road, perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Kael, who do you mean to be the "mad wizard" and who is the "death-loving priest"? As for these folks, I do not think them evil. My ultimate worry is that I no longer deserve a place among the good . . . Let's away.

Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (13) + 22 = 35


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael grins at Pnin, a look once common to his kindly face-Nay Pnin. The fact that you ask yourself that question is proof enough that your heart still yearns to be good. he frowns for a moment If any have left the light and walked amongst the shadows it is I. As for wizards and priests, what else did we encounter in the Spire if not those?


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael keeps an eye out behind them....
per: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

I simply mean that I am not confident we killed a "mad wizard." I hope we did. But we will never be sure on this side of the Boneyard. And, as for your encounter with the shadows, I can say the same about you; the fact that your god still blesses you with supernatural powers suggests you still walk among the light.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael thinks about Pnin's words as they walk-Mad or not, we had given oath to the priest that we would slay his brother. Honoring one's word is a cornerstone in the foundation of law.

I would have had to had an amazing reason not to kill the man once I was sworn to do so. If I foreswear myself I betray my heart. "Death before dishonor" is one of the primary codes of my order.

As for Iomedae’s blessings, I strive not to confuse her forbearance with my actions with any honor I may bring her name. Sometimes the way forward is quite clear, at least in my mind, even if the road leads me astray.

My fall to the shadows is a prime example of that. It is difficult to measure the exact action that any situation demands. Luckily my goddess is forgiving, mostly anyways, otherwise she would have none worthy to serve her name.


The party marches on for several hours in quiet conversation and contemplation. The muddy road makes for slow going, you pass a couple spots where it looks like the wagons you encountered got bogged down for a time. Darkness is now closing in and Thornkeep is still hours away.

There are plenty of small clearings just off the road that would make suitable camp sites. Push on or camp? If you push on a light source will be needed as low clouds hide the moon and stars.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Seeing the coming darkness, Kael motions to a small clearing off the road-We should camp here. By my reckoning, Thornkeep is still some hours away and with the stars tucked away the going would be difficult for some to see by. No sense twisting an ankle in darkness, and to hoist a light is to welcome trouble.

I'll take the watch. Any of you are welcome to join me, but Iomedae will keep me up with no ill effect. I can select one other to take part of my spell.

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/k/keep-watch


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

i will take watch also Kael


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Just wanted to say that's a neat spell!


Watch Perception for Sanrael?


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

per. on watch: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35


??: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Kael and Sanrael keep a sharp watch throughout the night and nothing approaches the camp.

Dawn arrives but with it comes a thick damp fog that limits visibility to 50-100’.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael checks on his companions to make sure they are ready to go before tapping Pnin on the shoulder-Your lead sir; I'll be right behind. Let's stay close-ish today. Hate to lose anyone in this soup.

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin nods and attempts to lead:

Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (18) + 22 = 40


Curral/Sanrael?


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael says he will watch behind them....
perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

I'll watch the sides.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Nobody was watching below! Pit trap!

After an hour, Pnin, Sanrael and Curral all hear footsteps coming towards the group from behind. You’re pretty sure whoever/whatever is out there are aware of your presence as you aren’t moving stealthily.

You can see about 60’ behind you at this point.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
sanrael moves off the path into cover quietly and out of sight


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24
making sure nothing is sneaking up on us from the side....off to our left


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael shakes his head as Sanrrael moves off the road, thinking-What's the point in carrying such a big sword if he is going hide every time something comes along?

To the rest of the party-I'll take point; friend or foe we will soon find out. Hopefully my tongue can do the talking. If that fails, I'll let my steel try to get the point across.

Be ready for anything, and don't let someone sneak up behind us.

Are there spiders in these parts Pnin? Kael chuckles at the last part before moving 15' back towards the sound of the following noise and waiting for something to come out of the fog.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

There are far too many spiders in this world, Kael . . .

Pnin keeps close to Kael, back to back, watching the party's back against ambush.


Where is Curral going? With Kael/Pnin? With Sanrael? Another location?


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

I am standing to the side of and slightly behind Kael


Three armed and armored skeletal humanoids appear from the mist but the group is ready.

init M P: 2d20 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Is a skeleton humanoid a skeleton, or are they just skin and bones starving. I am assuming we are talking about dem bones since the initiative was rolled . . .

Firing at the ugliest one

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 - 2 = 17

Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 6 + 3d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + (1, 2, 2) = 17

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 - 2 = 17

Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 6 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + (1, 1, 5) = 14

Debilitating Injury to AC.

Hope the DR is not too high . . . hate to switch back to the morningstar at this point

3,501 to 3,550 of 4,242 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.