Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


3,551 to 3,600 of 4,245 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>

AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

Start a Bardic Performance, Inspire Courage, now +2 hit/dam!

Out of the mist the bones I see, 2 for Kael and 1 for me!


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

A little distracted as he moves towards the bones, thinking-Inheritor's blessings. I think Curral's croonings are getting less worse.....?

Then gets focused-Two for me but it would be less if someone wasn't cowering in the bushes!

Kael focuses his attacks on the skely that Pnin attacked.

GSPA: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 252d6 + 13 ⇒ (3, 6) + 13 = 22


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

Don't forget the +2


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

That makes my rolls 27 THACO and 24 damage


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael comes at the skeletons from the side...
GSPA: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 = 292d6 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 13 + 2 = 21


Pnin can’t quite find his target. Curral croons. Kael and Sanrael both connect sending bits of bone and mail flying.

Kael
greataxe: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Sanrael
greataxe: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

The third creature let’s forth a blood curdling shriek.
DC15 will save v fear
If you fail become frightened.
If you fail by 5 or more become panicked.
rounds: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/Gamemastering/Conditions/


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Everyone within 10' of Kael gets +4 on saves vs. fear; Kael is immune. (Paladin's aura of courage)

What's that your boney buddy is saying; "kill us again "?

GSPA: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 = 212d6 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (1, 5) + 13 + 2 = 21


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

can Sanrael cast his remove fear spell only if he saves?
will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

so if Im frightened....can i still cast remove fear?


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

-You also get a +2 to fear from Inspire Courage-

Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Continue to Inspire Courage, round 2

Come now friends and don't be lax, smash the bones but ware' the axe!

Attack Sanrael's foe

Longsword: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19
damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

ok...so will powere save is 16 with +2


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Fear save:

Will: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 + 4 = 25

Pnin will close the distance to flank with Kael and fire again:

Shortbow: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 2 = 31

SneakAttack: 1d6 + 6 + 2 + 3d6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 + (5, 4, 6) = 27

-1 to AC

If Kael killed the skeleton already, Pnin flanks with Sanrael instead.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

GSPA: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 = 292d6 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (6, 1) + 13 + 2 = 22


Once again Kael and Sanrael chop away with their swords further damaging the skeletal men. Curral hits and damagas Sanrael's a bit more, but Pnin feathers Kael's causing it to explode in a burst of fire and bone!

Kael and Pnin make reflex save DC18 for 1/2 damage
blast damage: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 6) = 13

The third creature moves up to face Kael in place of its fallen companion and drives the cold steel of its great axe through Kael's armor with devastating effectiveness!

Kael
AXE: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
dam: 3d12 + 18 ⇒ (9, 3, 8) + 18 = 38

Sanrael
AXE: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

MFing exploding skeletons!

Reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Evasion = No damage

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 2 - 2 = 14

Miss!

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 2 - 2 = 26

Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 6 + 2 + 3d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 + (5, 3, 6) = 28

If the skeleton attacks Kael, does Pnin have to move to flank? If so, I cannot rapid shot. But I am assuming I am flanking already. If only one shot, I believe the single-shot still misses even without the -2.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael parries the blow...and in an awe inspiring show of skill swings around as a ballet dancer filled with fury
GSPA: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 = 302d6 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (6, 1) + 13 + 2 = 22


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

DC18 REF: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 17

-51/50HP

The combination of an exploding skeleton and an axe exploding through his plate would be enough to fell the average warrior, but divine power flows through Kael's frame and he continues to stay in the fight.

hero's defiance 1/9 LOH: 5d6 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (1, 5, 3, 6, 3) + 10 + 1 = 29

-21/50HP

Swinging at the worst looking skely-GSPA: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 = 202d6 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 13 + 2 = 19


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

Continue to Inspire Courage, round 3

[b]They should put down warning cones, everyone ware' the exploding bones![b]

Attack Longsword: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 = 21
damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7


The group puts down the remaining two skeletal forms in a flurry of blows.

Everyone will be hit by one blast.

blast: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 2) = 7
DC18 reflex for 1/2 damage


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

-3/60
that stung


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

-21/50HP
DC18 REF: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11
-28/50HP

Kael shakes off the concussive blast of the skeletons and looks for any other threats coming from the mists.

Who's hurt? Let's search these bones for anything of value, get a quick bit of healing in, and be on our way. I don't relish being nearly blind in this fog.

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

agreed Kael


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Cast Cure Light Wounds on Kael

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

-3 hp


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Pnin's adept senses allow him to avoid the second blast.

He starts to look around the remains with Kael

Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (14) + 22 = 36


Bits of bone and metal are scattered about you but nothing of value is found.

A few hours later the fog starts to clear and you arrive at your destination.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

~earlier~

-20/50HP

Kael smiles as Curral provides some healing-Thank you friend.

Focusing inward he thinks a single thought-Goddess... and a pulse of healing emanates from his body, washing over everyone in a 30' burst.

5d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 2, 6, 5) = 21

~on the journey to Thornkeep~
I don't want to sound paranoid, but does anyone else think it's more than coincidence that a set of skeletal warriors just happened upon us on the road?

~upon reaching Thronkeep~
Pnin, once again I will ask you to lead. I have never been to Thornkeep before. I already don't like the smell of it. Has the invention of the sewer not reached these parts yet?


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

feeling the warmth....sanrael smiles at Kael and says truly she is powerful.....


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

likely not...perhaps we can improve upon things...and in answer to your earlier remark...yes....its odd this far from the spire that we encountered them...but the undead have been wandering further abroad from the spire since we began our adventures there....clearly we are likely not done there yet


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Muttering, but not so quietly, Perhaps the Pit itself comes to claim us for our sins.

Pnin leads the party toward the Goldenfire Order.

Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (18) + 22 = 40


Kael Cullen wrote:

~earlier~

-20/50HP

Kael smiles as Curral provides some healing-Thank you friend.

Focusing inward he thinks a single thought-Goddess... and a pulse of healing emanates from his body, washing over everyone in a 30' burst.

[dice=]5d6

~on the journey to Thornkeep~
I don't want to sound paranoid, but does anyone else think it's more than coincidence that a set of skeletal warriors just happened upon us on the road?

~upon reaching Thronkeep~
Pnin, once again I will ask you to lead. I have never been to Thornkeep before. I already don't like the smell of it. Has the invention of the sewer not reached these parts yet?

Am I missing something? Believe Kael’s channel should be 3d6+1

1d6 for 5th level Hospitaler
2d6 for phylactery
+1 blessed touch


Pniin quickly navigates the group through the town to the Goldenfire Order’s tower.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL
DM Darkvision wrote:
Kael Cullen wrote:

~earlier~

-20/50HP

Kael smiles as Curral provides some healing-Thank you friend.

Focusing inward he thinks a single thought-Goddess... and a pulse of healing emanates from his body, washing over everyone in a 30' burst.

[dice=]5d6

~on the journey to Thornkeep~
I don't want to sound paranoid, but does anyone else think it's more than coincidence that a set of skeletal warriors just happened upon us on the road?

~upon reaching Thronkeep~
Pnin, once again I will ask you to lead. I have never been to Thornkeep before. I already don't like the smell of it. Has the invention of the sewer not reached these parts yet?

Am I missing something? Believe Kael’s channel should be 3d6+1

1d6 for 5th level Hospitaler
2d6 for phylactery
+1 blessed touch

Yes, you are missing that I somehow added the phylactery twice. Baller! :D


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael seeks out someone in authority to inform about Jharun's fate and see about a reward or sale value for the 2 spellbooks.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin introduces Kael (if needed) he asks to meet with Lady Iliara (not sure if we were given a lieutenant to contact instead.)


A gnome answers the door at the Order’s tower.

“How may I be of service?”


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael does his best to put on a brave face as he deals with the death of his beloved cousing-Good day sir gnome, we are here to report to Lady Iliara as to the fate of the mage Jharun.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24


"I'm afraid the Lady Iliara is traveling at the moment but I can take any information you have and convey it to her when she returns. Seeing as he is not here himself, I take it the news is bad?"


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael sighs inwardly-This doesn't get any easier, does it....

The news is of the worst sort. It is with greatest regret that we have come to report that Jharun has fallen in the depths of the Emerald Spire. In addition to his personal ring, which we sent back to his parents, these spellbooks were found.


The gnome takes the offered books and opens them each in turn examining the pages. He then hands the books back to Kael.

"Hmmm, yes these are definitely in Jharun's hand. I can offer you a reward for their return, the equivalent of 1800 gold pieces in fine gems. I can have them for you shortly if you just wait here. Is that acceptable to you?"


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

More than fair sir gnome. We will wait for you here.


The gnome disappears for several minutes and then returns. He hands Kael a small pouch containing 18 gems worth 100gp each.

“Here you are, thank you for returning the books.”


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Thank you sir gnome. My apologies, I have not asked your name, mine is Kael. Can you tell us any recent news of Thornkeep or the doings of the Hellknights from Inevitable. We have been down in the bowels of the Spire for quite some time and what news we carry is not very fresh.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Is it Ardaxolion?


“I am called Drax. Bad news on all fronts I suppose, the numbers of undead are increasing. The woods were never really safe to begin with but the danger seems to be at an all time high. By all accounts Fort Inevitable has it even worse than us.”


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Thank you Drax. I must confess I find it difficult to sympathize with Hellknights from Inevitable having any type of problems, even if it is with undead. Any other news for us? Otherwise we should probably be on our way and stop pestering you.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Super-meta

Kael speaks separately to the party-Don't I remember you all telling me that a friend of yours, Taeserle wasn't it, had also fled the oppression of Inevitable? I thought she had made her way to the Inn at the Crossing; maybe she came to Thornkeep after? She might have some information for us that could be useful.

Otherwise, clearing the forest of undead sounds like a noble endeavor even if it would seem more to be treating the symptoms versus the disease.


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

Curral pontificates, Sometimes the doctor needs a little training before they can treat the disease, but I will do what the party wishes. Anything that makes the area we are in a better place is fine by me.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Perhaps it is worth asking what is the endgame with the Spire? I too would like to end the evils it inflicts upon the world. But how?

I think you and Kael have the right of it. We can try to ease Thornkeep's suffering.

I would also like to see Taeserle. I hope she is ok . . .


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

I'm not sure there is ever any true endgame for things like the Spire. From what I've learned, those places can usually only be purged clean for a while before they are re-infested by some new form of malevolence. We certainly don't have anywhere near the power required to bring a permanent end to the structure, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to make things better; if even just for a little while.
The good we can do today is all we can expect from ourselves. Tomorrow will have to solve its own worries.

Barring any other objection or ideas, Kael and the party canvass the city of Thronkeep asking for Taeserle's whereabouts and any information to be found regarding the growing undead menace.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

3,551 to 3,600 of 4,245 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.