Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


3,351 to 3,400 of 3,505 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>

AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sanrael brings up the rear....keeping an eye out for surprises...from in front and behind...
percep: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23


Kael:
For a split second Kael believes that he can see a slight shimmering line across the passage about a foot off the ground, it’s about 10’ in front of Pnin.


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Careful Pnin! My eyes caught sight of some strange shimmering line just a bit in front of you. Who knows what type of foul magics this wizard might have in place.

Kale does his best to describe the location and nature of the shimmering line to Pnin.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin looks again at where Kael is directing him.

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (8) + 21 = 29

If he is able to find it, he will try to disarm.

DisableDevice: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27


Pnin locates and disarms some sort of magical device but is uncertain of its purpose.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Kael aids Pnin's cat sight, Curral mutters under his breath To help the feline see the light.

not bad, need some oomph though


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Assuming we are proceeding, Pnin keeps walking as carefully as he can:

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40


The passage ends in a stout metal door which Pnin determines is trapped.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin attempts to disarm the door:

DisableDevice: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27


Pnin tinkers with the trapped door until he disarms it.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

well done Pnin....youre practically a master at this


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

I suppose I've spent enough time in the Spire to know my way around. Though I fear we are tempting fate even suggesting as much.

Pnin opens the door as stealthily as possible and looks around:

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27


pnin:
You see a cavern, a river of lava flows through it, dividing it in half. On the other side of the lava stands a tall gaunt man with pasty white skin and cropped white hair (maybe Gorloth’s brother?). He stands next to a table with a large chest which he appears to be locking or unlocking. He doesn’t appear to notice you but if you leave the door open long that is sure to change. The lava river is about 10’ across, there are boards on either side that can be laid across to bridge it which you figure will take 1-3 rounds, or you can try to jump it (acrobatics) which you could do immediately. Crossing via a board would definitely be less risky as far as avoiding a fall into the lava.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin relays his information through message.

He then takes aim and fires at the man.

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 - 2 = 24

Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 5 + (5, 6) = 22

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 - 2 = 11

Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + (5, 2) = 14


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael does his best Han Solo chasing stormtroopers in the Death Star battle cry and sprints across cavern, hurdling (or trying to at least) the lava river.

Acrobatics for the win: 1d20 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 1 - 5 = 14


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Curral will move up and lay the boards across the lava.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael charges in and helps curral with the boards....


Pnin puts his first arrow in the man’s side but his second misses.

Kael’s mighty leap falls just short as his heavy armor drags him down and he lands in lava that comes almost to his knees, but quickly climbs out. fire dam: 1d8 ⇒ 6 you can melee next round

Curral and Sanrael team up to build a bridge. You can cross next round, slowly to avoid possible fall into lava so no melee attack, if you want to run across give me a reflex save or acrobatics skill check, your choice, if you make it you can attack.

The man shrieks in pain and anger and casts a fireball at the group!

fire dam: 7d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 3, 5, 1, 3) = 20. Everyone make a reflex save DC 18 for 1/2 damage


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

-6/38 HP

REF: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

-26/38 HP

Hot!

1/5LOH: 2d6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (3, 6) + 1 + 4 = 14

-12/38 HP

Now my turn wizard!

GSPA;charging: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 202d6 + 13 ⇒ (3, 5) + 13 = 21


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin attempts to dodge the fireball:

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

I believe "Evasion" means Pnin takes no damage

Pnin rushes across the plank to flank with Kael:

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

And continues the assault:

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 2 = 22

Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 5 + (4, 1) = 15

Also, I would like to apply Debilitating Injury. I think this man should have -2 AC from the first shot (-4 vs. Me). And that this continues for each round I connect a sneak attack. Please let me know if I've misread something.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 for fireball save

reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 for rushing board cross

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

-10 hp


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Just noticed I included the -2 penalty for rapid shot, even though Pnin didn't use it. Wrong copy paste. Sorry.


Sanrael?


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

ref: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

26/46 hp
Sanrael grimaces in pain....
it burns!!!!
despite the pain he crosses the planks slowly....


Kael’s blade slices into the unarmored man with ease leaving a bloody trail across his chest, Pnin’s arrow goes straight though the man’s left arm, Curral’s blade pierces the man’s throat finishing him off!

Sanrael crosses the wooden bridge without incident!


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin is starting to feel a modicum of remorse for his shoot first ask questions later lifestyle . . .

He inspects the area near and around the body, including the chest:

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 37


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL
Pnin wrote:

Pnin is starting to feel a modicum of remorse for his shoot first ask questions later lifestyle . . .

He inspects the area near and around the body, including the chest:

[dice=Perception+Traps]1d20+21

That's a fair point. It would truly suck if we just slaughtered the good wizard that has been trying to put things to right down here. So long paladinhood, hello attractive fighter....


That’s what you get for associating with Gorloth!

Pnin does indeed locate a trap on the chest.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Does the chest have the markings on it that Gorloth described?


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin tries to disable the chest:

DisableDevice: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

anyone smell something burning.....???
Sanrael utters as he stands steaming in a cloud of smoldering flesh....


The chest does not have any markings as described by Gorloth, and you believe he was describing something much smaller.

Pnin disables the trap.

Sanrael pats at his smoldering clothes putting the last of the flames out.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

Pnin opens the chest. (nothing on the body?)


I did think Pnin had searched the body, just the area “near and around the body.”

The chest contains a small black box which has a white skull with a silver crown on it. There is also a large book, presumably a spell book.

The man has 25 platinum, 35 gold, a wand of Shield (12 charges), wand of magic missile (8 charges), wand of comprehend languages (10 charges), +2 ring of protection and a masterwork dagger.


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Glumly-Looks like we found the box Gorloth was looking for. Now what?


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Well, I've never been comfortable working for Gorloth, but he has been helpful to us and yet we've been nothing but treacherous to him. Curral pauses,

I say we return the box to him as promised and see where things go from there. Who knows, maybe we can work with him and slowly start to move his machinations toward good or at least mitigate the evil. Just some thoughts.


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

I am not sure Kael . . . I feel . . . saddened that the combat went as it did. As I said moments ago, perhaps the Spire has affected me . . . perhaps I have become nothing more than a brigand.

Pnin walks away from the party. Out of habit, Pnin looks for other doors in the room, worried about the other shoe dropping.

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 31


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael ponders such deep conversation.....and finishes stamping out the rest of his smoking clothing....and hair...wondering what he appears like....and then allows his attention to wander...and studies the corpse that Gorloth seemed to not be able or willing to best....
something seems to not be right with this whole scenario

perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Check the ceiling Pnin....SPIDERS!

Pnin feels saddened, yet he is the one that fired a volley of fletched death without hesitation; that's curious. Perhaps this place is indeed having an effect on us all....

-12/38HP

Noticing Sanrael still smolders, and his own wounds as well, Kael channels some healing pules 1/6: 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 5, 3) + 1 = 12

-0/38HP

Although it sickens me Curral, I think you have the right of it. We gave our oath and are bound to return this box to Gorloth; vile though he may be.

If there is no other area to search let us return to his demesne and see what he does with his prize.

Will head back to the platform, using the plank over the lava this time, if there are no other areas to explore.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

thank you Kael.....
-8/46


AC 21; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +10 Will +4

To Kael's point, Pnin is pondering:

Did I do the right thing? I fired thinking he was our target and not wanting him to have a chance to teleport again. I didn't want us to miss our chance. Perhaps I was right to assume his villainy . . . he was in a lava pit at the bottom of this godsforsaken place. But then again, so are we . . .


The group finds no more exits, clues, monsters or answers despite a thorough search.

You make it back to Gorloth without anything of note happening, you find him and his shadows right where you left them. He looks up at the group as you arrive and closes a thick book that he was reading. “Welcome back, I take it that you were successful?”


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael grits his teeth quietly and presents the box to Gorloth-Indeed. As we agreed here is the box. Your brother and his devil friend are dead.


“My thanks to you, here are your items.”

He provides the +2 cloak of resistance, +2 belt of con, and green token.


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Fighting back bile, Kael chokes out the words-Gorloth, even after all that has transpired, I must ask you for a boon. I am looking for my cousin, Jharun, an apprentice of the Goldenfire Order out of Thronkeep. We have found his ring Kael shows him the ring but no other trace. Do you know anything that could help me locate him or what has become of him?


??: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Gorloth studies Kael for a few seconds then holds out a hand.

“There is a chance I could discern something from the ring but I will need to hold it while I make the attempt.”


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael looks at the exchange......and feels the tension in the room....icant stand the suspense....


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

As you say-Kael hands the ring to Gorloth and, if just for a brief moment, a strange look flashes across his normally placid face. Fear, loathing, murder....? Whatever it was, the moment quickly passes and he regains his composure as Golrolth takes hold of the ring.


Gorloth takes the ring and moves back from Kael a bit. He then moves his other hand above the ring and chants what must be a spell. He concentrates for a few minutes and then looks up at Kael.

“Your cousin is gone, he serves Pharasma in the Boneyard.”

3,351 to 3,400 of 3,505 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.