GM Debug's SFS 1-22 - The Protectorate Petition (Inactive)

Game Master DebugAMP

Maps and Handouts


151 to 200 of 321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Vesk Envoy 2 | SP 14/14; HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +3 (+2 vs fear) | Init: +0 | Perc: +5; SM: +5+1d6

"Faria, you hang in there!" Baskoro shouts while he points his laser pistol at the green undead copaxi "I said: 'Take that one out first!', not take your time doing it!"

Standard: Inspiring boost at Faria: regain 7 SP. Move: Get'em at Green

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

human solarion (divine champion) 2 | SP 18/18, HP 18/18, RP 5/5 | EAC 15, KAC 15 | F+4, R+1, W+4 | Perc +6 | Init +4

Faria stands a little straighter at Baskoro's inspiration. Thanks!


The large skeleton continues to thrust its spear towards Faria.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

The second sniper holds its position... old habits of enfilading fire lasting long after death. (delaying yellow sniper to act with red... so more of you can act together)

Round 2/3
Faria - dmg: 18
Yellow Sniper - dmg: 0
Red Sniper - dmg: 0
Baskoro - dmg: 0
Teisu - dmg: 3
Green Skeleton - dmg: 3 << Get 'Em
Trusty Trashbot - dmg: 0
Y2K - dmg: 0
Cora - dmg: 0

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Android Operative 2| SP 12/16; HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6
Consumables:
Clip 9/9 | Rounds 46/60

Model Y2K finds another crack in the wall and scrapes his frames through the rubble as he sneaks in. he takes aim and fires at the Green tinted coral as it is in the open. His pistol fires right into its backside. "Help is on the way Dear!" His voice emulates to that of a seventy year old woman played by Robin Williams.

Stealth DC 20+CR: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14 If successful target is flatfooted
Tactical semi-auto pistol; Get 'em: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15
Damage (Piercing): 1d6 ⇒ 2
Trick Attack Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Supercharge Weapon Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 4, 5) = 16


Y2K's shot, overclocked to 11, deals a massive blow to the front undead. It staggers from it's mounting wounds then collapses as the energy holding it together dissipates.

Edit: Finally found a reference that solarion weapons are magic. Farias attack earlier did bypass Dr.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

human solarion (divine champion) 2 | SP 18/18, HP 18/18, RP 5/5 | EAC 15, KAC 15 | F+4, R+1, W+4 | Perc +6 | Init +4

Faria moves up close to one of the remaining undead and swings her golden scimitar at it.

attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Faria slices at the nearest sniper, nearly felling it in a single blow... her glowing scimitar tearing not just the bone and sinew of the undead, but the magic that holds it together as well.

Round 2/3
Faria - dmg: 18
Yellow Sniper - dmg: 0
Red Sniper - dmg: 7
Baskoro - dmg: 0
Teisu - dmg: 3
Trusty Trashbot - dmg: 0
Y2K - dmg: 0
Cora - dmg: 0

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LG Vesk Envoy 2 | SP 14/14; HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +3 (+2 vs fear) | Init: +0 | Perc: +5; SM: +5+1d6

"Indeed! That's what I meant! Good job team!"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Ysoki Spacefarer Mystic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc +9, darkvision 60', SM +8 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Active conditions: none

Cora's ears still ringing from Y2K's impressive gunshot, Cora takes aim at the sniper currently threatening her teammate.

Attack red EAC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Fire damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

The Manifold Host

820-706 | Male CG SRO Corporate Agent Spy Operative 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: Robotic Snark.

Trusty watches to see if Red goes down from Cora's shot, and then fires. "You know, this is what I hate about dealing with undead. They're not logical, you know? If I were undead, I'd just lie low in my nice graveyard whenever the living came by, wait for them to pass, and then still have time to party with my pals later. Instead, these bozos just attack anyone in sight and then get blown up by folks like us."

If Red goes down before my action, switch to the yellow guy in the back.

Pew Pew (Static Arc pistol): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Electrical Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Cora and Trusty both manage to aim a shot between the tombstones and fence poles to pepper the front sniper with flame and arcs of energy. After the pair of shots, it falls apart into a heap of coral.

The other sniper blindly fires at the closest target, who happens to be Faria.

Attack vs KAC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Miss

Round 3/4
Faria - dmg: 18
Yellow Sniper - dmg: 0
Baskoro - dmg: 0
Teisu - dmg: 3
Trusty Trashbot - dmg: 0
Y2K - dmg: 0
Cora - dmg: 0

Exo-Guardians

Male verthani xenoarchaeologist technomancer (starfinder data jockey) 1 | SP 3/6, HP 9/9, RP 5/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14 | F+1, R+2, W+2 | Lvl 1 Spells: 0/3, Spell cache: 1/1 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (Darkvision 60ft) | Current Conditions:

Teisu moves outside the gate and again points his finger at the remaining creature, unleashing a pencil-thin beam of electricity at it.

Energy Ray: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Electricity damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

human solarion (divine champion) 2 | SP 18/18, HP 18/18, RP 5/5 | EAC 15, KAC 15 | F+4, R+1, W+4 | Perc +6 | Init +4

Faria steps up close to the last undead, and once more swings her scimitar.

attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Dataphiles

Male Android Operative 2| SP 12/16; HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6
Consumables:
Clip 9/9 | Rounds 46/60

Y2K moves around the small altar and finds that his pistol jams on him as the round cants sideways. He quickly drops the clip and clears the chamber, quickly reinstalling the clip.

Stealth DC 20+CR: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31 If successful target is flatfooted
Tactical semi-auto pistol; Get 'em: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7
Damage (Piercing): 1d6 ⇒ 2
Trick Attack Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LG Vesk Envoy 2 | SP 14/14; HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +3 (+2 vs fear) | Init: +0 | Perc: +5; SM: +5+1d6

"One more to go, you know how it works, get that one!" Baskoro shouts as he moves forward


Faria swings down hard at the final undead, barely managing to pierce its chitinous hide (for a yet to be determined amount of damage) as Teisu uses a high voltage arc to disrupt the magical energies holding it together. Y2K on the other hand, skulks around and makes finger guns.

Cora and Trusty are up, Faria can roll for damage

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

human solarion (divine champion) 2 | SP 18/18, HP 18/18, RP 5/5 | EAC 15, KAC 15 | F+4, R+1, W+4 | Perc +6 | Init +4

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The Manifold Host

820-706 | Male CG SRO Corporate Agent Spy Operative 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: Robotic Snark.

Pew Pew (Static Arc pistol+Get'Em): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11
Electrical Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

"Get 'em? Where? I don't see 'em!"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Vesk Envoy 2 | SP 14/14; HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +3 (+2 vs fear) | Init: +0 | Perc: +5; SM: +5+1d6

"Engage forward drive Trusty! Your optical unit might be out of range where you are!"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Ysoki Spacefarer Mystic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc +9, darkvision 60', SM +8 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Active conditions: none

Seeing her target go down, Cora switches quickly to the next sniper. She subconsciously gauges the distance between them and decides she's already close enough to aim well.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 1 = 21
Fire damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Another weak laser blast comes from her weapon and Cora scowls at it for a few moments. What are you, a laser pistol? She gives it a whack with her off-hand to make sure it hasn't gotten jammed somewhere.


Trusty is a fairly good shot, but between the tombstones, fence, short wall, and Faria, there is enough there to obscure his target, and he narrowly misses undead.

Cora, despite having similar impediments to her aim, manages to singe the sniper.

Having absolutely no sense of tactics, the undead Copaxi continues its assault on the closest target, letting the rifle clatter to the ground as it draws a tactical baton and attempts to bludgeon her.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Miss... barely

Round 5/6
Baskoro - dmg: 0
Teisu - dmg: 3
Trusty Trashbot - dmg: 0
Y2K - dmg: 0
Cora - dmg: 0
Faria - dmg: 18 (Turn +AoO)

Yellow Sniper - dmg: 6

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LG Vesk Envoy 2 | SP 14/14; HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +3 (+2 vs fear) | Init: +0 | Perc: +5; SM: +5+1d6

"Allright team, this is not a drill! Take it down!"

That is another get'em

Exo-Guardians

Male verthani xenoarchaeologist technomancer (starfinder data jockey) 1 | SP 3/6, HP 9/9, RP 5/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14 | F+1, R+2, W+2 | Lvl 1 Spells: 0/3, Spell cache: 1/1 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (Darkvision 60ft) | Current Conditions:

"This thing is annoyingly stubborn."

Teisu moves to get a clear shot, firing another thin ray of fire from his finger.

Energy ray, Get 'em: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11
Fire damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

human solarion (divine champion) 2 | SP 18/18, HP 18/18, RP 5/5 | EAC 15, KAC 15 | F+4, R+1, W+4 | Perc +6 | Init +4

AoO: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
damage, critical: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 1) + 2 = 9

attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The Manifold Host

820-706 | Male CG SRO Corporate Agent Spy Operative 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: Robotic Snark.

Pew Pew (Static Arc pistol): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 16
Electrical Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

"Forward drive? Oh yeah, maybe I should get closer to that bozo..." Trusty moves forward and shoots, and then says, "Any one want some battle music? The boss has a favorite band she likes. She introduced me to it back when we met on Lumina, and now I'm kind of a fan."

He switches his speaker on, grooving to the tunes of Strawberry Machine Cake.


♫ Well they're creaky skellies with a long history
Ambushing Starfinders like you and me
That's okay, let's see how you do it
Put up your guns, let's get down to it

Hit 'em with your best shot
Why don't you hit 'em with your best shot
Hit 'em with your best shot
Fire away

Undead, they keep rising up
They don't fight fair
That's okay, see if we care
Their revivication was all in vain
'Cause we get right back on our feet again

Hit 'em with your best shot
Why don't you hit 'em with your best shot
Hit 'em with your best shot
Fire away

Well they're creaky skellies with a long history
Ambushing Starfinders like you and me
But together we can cleanse this place
'Cause we're badass Starfinders from spa-a-ace

Hit 'em with your best shot
C'mon, hit 'em with your best shot
Hit 'em with your best shot
Fire away
Hit 'em with your best shot
Why don't you hit 'em with your best shot
Hit 'em with your best shot
Fire away ♫

Dataphiles

Male Android Operative 2| SP 12/16; HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6
Consumables:
Clip 9/9 | Rounds 46/60

Model Y2K continues to clamor over the rubble as he gets behind the creature. His jams of one eyed, one horned purple people eaters softly plays in the background.

Stealth DC 20+CR: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22 If successful target is flatfooted
Tactical semi-auto pistol; Get 'em: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 1 = 23
Damage (Piercing): 1d6 ⇒ 2
Trick Attack Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3


The final sniper is cut down, blasted, and given climactic exit music. An uneasy silence washes across the field.

Combat over!

The Manifold Host

820-706 | Male CG SRO Corporate Agent Spy Operative 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: Robotic Snark.

"What made these undead uneasy?" Trusty asks. "Should we search the place?"

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

human solarion (divine champion) 2 | SP 18/18, HP 18/18, RP 5/5 | EAC 15, KAC 15 | F+4, R+1, W+4 | Perc +6 | Init +4

Faria flicks her wrist, and her glowing scimitar returns to a mote of golden light that hovers near her ear.

"Can anyone help with my wounds?"


The graves are unmarked, but an inscription in Copaxi covers the remains of a nearby monument.

Culture DC 15 to translate using the translation software:
"Your lies cannot silence the Signal! Long live the First to Listen!"

Culture of Mysticism DC 13:

Spoiler:
This is a reference to the revelation of Drift technology in 3 AG - though the copaxi government claims to have translated the Signal only in the last few years...

Trusty notes that the soldier's equipment and vehicles in the area around the graveyard, though inferior to that of the Pact Worlds, is far beyond that found in the surrounding areas. Only one of the forces that fought here had this technology, while the opposing force fought with devastating magical attacks.

Engineering or Physical Science DC 16:
All of these objects are around 300 years old.

Exo-Guardians

Male verthani xenoarchaeologist technomancer (starfinder data jockey) 1 | SP 3/6, HP 9/9, RP 5/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14 | F+1, R+2, W+2 | Lvl 1 Spells: 0/3, Spell cache: 1/1 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (Darkvision 60ft) | Current Conditions:

Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

"Huh. 'Your lies cannot silence the Signal! Long live the First to Listen!' But this stuff's 300 years old, I'm sure of it. Didn't they say they'd just figured out the Signal?"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LG Vesk Envoy 2 | SP 14/14; HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +3 (+2 vs fear) | Init: +0 | Perc: +5; SM: +5+1d6

"Oh Faria, didn't you prepare for combat? Next time take care and pick up some serums of healing in Absalom Station. You are lucky you are with me, take this. Mind you, I only have these two so only take them if and when absolutely needed. Now, why don't you sit down for ten minutes while we have a better look at these inscriptions?"

Baskoro holds out two serums of healing (both Mk1)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

human solarion (divine champion) 2 | SP 18/18, HP 18/18, RP 5/5 | EAC 15, KAC 15 | F+4, R+1, W+4 | Perc +6 | Init +4

Faria gives Baskoro a friendly smile. "I do indeed have several healing serums, but I was always taught to only use them if no one on the team is able to heal with magic. I will indeed sit down and rest."

Dataphiles

Male Android Operative 2| SP 12/16; HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6
Consumables:
Clip 9/9 | Rounds 46/60

Culture DC 15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Sub spoiler Culture DC 13: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

"Your translation is accurate. Though this is a reference to Drift technology in 3 AG. Though didn't the Copaxi claim to have translated the Signal only in the last few years...?" Model Y2K asks their Copaxian companion.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Ysoki Spacefarer Mystic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc +9, darkvision 60', SM +8 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Active conditions: none

Cora slings her laser rifle across her back and jumps over towards Faria. "Wait, before you use the precious serums!" As the others look around the area, she holds out her hands over her ally's wounds and a gentle glow surrounds them. She smiles gently. "Good work, holding those gunmen down in the fight."

Using healing touch during the 10 minute rest to heal Faria's damage (up to 10 HP, so back to full).

The Manifold Host

820-706 | Male CG SRO Corporate Agent Spy Operative 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: Robotic Snark.

Culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Sub Culture Roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

"Yeah, and everything we're looking at here was built Post-Signal. There's a discrepancy here. Do we want to talk with Therseis about it?"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LG Vesk Envoy 2 | SP 14/14; HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +3 (+2 vs fear) | Init: +0 | Perc: +5; SM: +5+1d6

Baskoro walks over to Therseis, while keeping an eye on the other scientists "Therseis, can we ask you something? The text there says 'Your lies cannot silence the Signal! Long live the First to Listen!' while you said earlier that copaxi only recently were able to decipher the signal for drift travel. Do you know anything about a conflict between technological en non-technological groups some 300 years ago?"


Therseis is a fair bit away as he did not accompany you to this site. Once you're done at this site and want to move on though, you can check in with him before heading to the next site.

Trusty also notices that the vegetation around this area is a bit different than the surrounding terrain.

Medicine or Life Science DC 18:
Several tiny multicolored flowers growing among the weeds near the cemetery are unique to the atmospheric and meteorological conditions in the floating city and are likely extinct elsewhere.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

human solarion (divine champion) 2 | SP 18/18, HP 18/18, RP 5/5 | EAC 15, KAC 15 | F+4, R+1, W+4 | Perc +6 | Init +4

Faria sighs happily as she feels her wounds heal. She grins at Cora. "Thank you, my friend."

Exo-Guardians

Male verthani xenoarchaeologist technomancer (starfinder data jockey) 1 | SP 3/6, HP 9/9, RP 5/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14 | F+1, R+2, W+2 | Lvl 1 Spells: 0/3, Spell cache: 1/1 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (Darkvision 60ft) | Current Conditions:

Life Science: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 "Huh. Weird plants."


You can still go ahead and make the rolls for the plants, but I'll move forward.

Returning to Therseius, he appears quite interested in your findings. "So... what did you find? With the previous reports of dangerous activity in the area, we have no notes whatsoever on that site."

Hearing Baskoro's discoveries regarding the drift elicits another grimace.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Vesk Envoy 2 | SP 14/14; HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +3 (+2 vs fear) | Init: +0 | Perc: +5; SM: +5+1d6

Medicine (2 rank): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

"Careful! Those flowers are likely unique to the atmospheric and meteorological conditions in this floating city. Let's take some pictures so we can show them to Therseis"

Sense Motive Therseis: 1d20 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 5 + (6) = 25

Baskoro does not react to Therseis' strange reaction but rather gets his datapad out and shows the copaxi the flowers "Are you perhaps familiar with these? We saw them growing at the site and I think they are likely extinct on the rest of your planet"

The Manifold Host

1 person marked this as a favorite.
820-706 | Male CG SRO Corporate Agent Spy Operative 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: Robotic Snark.

Trusty watches Therseis. It's amazing how these guys can grimace without faces, Trusty thinks. I gotta study them to make my own body language more expressive to the organics I travel with.

Not wanting to embarrass Therseis in front of the other researchers, he texts the group, but this time includes Therseis's comm unit. Of the guides, Therseis has been the most up front. The boss would say I'm going with my gut. Well, I don't have a gut, but I think he's trying to do his best in a rotten situation. Besides, you can't get trust unless you extend it.

Therseis, buddy, what's going on here? Is this news about the signal a surprise to you? My boss - she's a gnome and really into culture - told me once that conflicting histories are part of all sentient cultures. That everyone interprets history with their own lens.

But this seems a bit outside the norm, and that makes my circuits twitch. Your official history is that the signal came late, right? But there's evidence that your people received it early. So... Who do you think has been doing the history interpreting here? More importantly... Why? What are they hiding?

This is important because we're outsiders here. When we report this... Are we gonna tick off someone influential and mean?


Among the site you also uncovered some usable battlefield equipment including an incendiary grenade mk II, four mk 1 serums of healing, two nyfider nets, and two tactical pikes.

Therseis again pauses to consider their words. Finally they respond, with quite a bit of hesitation. "I must admit that the modern copaxi government's portrayal of the sky cities' downfall is... inconsistent with your findings, but I'm sure you'll be able to uncover an explanation. As far as the signal is concerned, there were stories of the "Message of Madness" but they are not widely known. When the message arrived, copaxis lacked the technological framework to understand it. Those who heard it suffered psychological trauma and ultimately took their lives. Only recently did these records resurface and inspire the copaxis' recent ventures into space."

Looking over at Trusty, Therseis adds, "Thoroughness and accuracy should be your priority. After all, at this very moment you are the most influential people here."

Looking over the pictures of the plantlife Thersius calls over some of the other researchers. "I am impressed with your attention to detail. Perhaps this will give us a lead on better understanding the ecology of the planet back when the sky cities bustled with life. We will certainly take note of your methods and do our best to employ them long after you depart, regardless of your findings and recommendations regarding our petition."

Where to next? Extraction Site, Observation Tower, and Gravity Games Arena remain.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female Ysoki Spacefarer Mystic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc +9, darkvision 60', SM +8 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Active conditions: none

Cora feels a little uneasy at the copaxi's words. "Message of Madness... how chilling. I've always thought of the message of the Drift as a good thing. My people have done very well by the new technology, across the galaxy. But maybe it wasn't like that for everyone. Or maybe we still don't have the whole picture yet. Either way, thank you for being open about what you know." She nods solemnly to Theresis.

"Should we check the next site? I see something that looks interesting off to the north there."

I propose going to the games arena next, since it's nearby.

Anyone who doesn't have a healing serum should take one of those four - probably also anyone who fights in melee or is level 1. I don't need one.

The Manifold Host

820-706 | Male CG SRO Corporate Agent Spy Operative 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: Robotic Snark.

"Yeah, we're pretty influential," Trusty agrees, amused. "So you want thoroughness and accuracy? Alrighty then, we're your team!" Looking at the map, Trusty says, 'Alright, let's do that Arena!"


"We aren't certain what is going on in the arena, however whenever we approach we all get unbearable headaches. Hopefully you'll be able to find the source..."

With that you depart the research team and head off to the Gravity Games arena.

A round, open arena stands at the edge of the city’s abandoned university. Tiered seating areas once provided space for hundreds of people to observe the spectacles that took place in the large central playing field. A faded mural at the entrance to the stands depicts a dozen copaxis flying among black spheres; some of the copaxis carry short rods, and others pass fist-sized cubes to one another. Detritus litters the outer stands, but all the litter closer to the center has been pulled into the field by ten floating black spheres, each five feet in diameter. The spheres float in erratic patterns, crisscrossing the arena in a series of ellipses. As they float and spin, debris orbits the spheres, lazily flowing from one to the next. Several intact objects float amid the debris, including a few books, weapons, and other items.

None of you seem to be getting headaches from the area thankfully.


Faria:
You sense something in this arena... something calling to you... almost like the feeling you get when you begin to fight, but only a small piece of it.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LG Vesk Envoy 2 | SP 14/14; HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +3 (+2 vs fear) | Init: +0 | Perc: +5; SM: +5+1d6

Baskoro takes care not to step onto the field, but waits just outside it. "I see some books there, but how are we going to get them?"

151 to 200 of 321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Debug's SFS 1-22 - The Protectorate Petition All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.