GM Debug's SFS 1-22 - The Protectorate Petition (Inactive)

Game Master DebugAMP

Maps and Handouts


51 to 100 of 321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Exo-Guardians

Male verthani xenoarchaeologist technomancer (starfinder data jockey) 1 | SP 3/6, HP 9/9, RP 5/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14 | F+1, R+2, W+2 | Lvl 1 Spells: 0/3, Spell cache: 1/1 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (Darkvision 60ft) | Current Conditions:

Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Teisu just shakes his head at Baskoro, then goes back to watching the Copaxi.

The Manifold Host

820-706 | Male CG SRO Corporate Agent Spy Operative 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: Robotic Snark.

Culture, Take Ten: 10 + 7 = 17

Trusty thinks back a moment to what his mentor in Society, Charli, would say...

Wayfinders

820-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 8 | SP 00/56 HP 30/40 | RP 06/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +11+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Shirt Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: GUNNING FOR REVENGE!

The mists blow in, and distant music plays...

Charli Poshkettle flashback

A little gnome, the same size as Trusty, is giving him culture lessons. "Remember Trusty, the first thing that you do in first contact situations is pay attention. Remember when I met all of you on Lumina, and how I matched you for a moment so that you knew that I had friendly intent? Watch them! Learn their etiquette!"

"Once that's done, offer them some of our etiquette -- like tea. But do their greeting first, no matter how strange it is." The little gnome grins. "You're smart. You've got this."

The Manifold Host

820-706 | Male CG SRO Corporate Agent Spy Operative 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: Robotic Snark.

Trusty gives a mental thumbs-up to his gnomish mentor, and then he puts his arms out, robotic palms forward, and spins in a slow circle, while texting the team on his built-in comm unit.

Yo, team! Do the Copaxi hokey-pokey!

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Vesk Envoy 2 | SP 14/14; HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +3 (+2 vs fear) | Init: +0 | Perc: +5; SM: +5+1d6

Is it making fun of me? Although it seems to know things nobody remembers. You've got this Bask!"

Baskoro attempts to copy the copaxi in their movements.

The Manifold Host

1 person marked this as a favorite.
820-706 | Male CG SRO Corporate Agent Spy Operative 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: Robotic Snark.

Trusty continues to text the team, because he majored in smartass:

You put your right palm out
You keep that ego in
You put your left palm out
While you start to spin
Do the Copaxi-Pokey
While you turn yourself about
That's what it's all about -- yeah!

Sense Motive on Bakoro's discomfort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Trusty is oblivious to Baskoro's discomfort, which is good, because otherwise he'd enjoy it too much.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
human solarion (divine champion) 2 | SP 18/18, HP 18/18, RP 5/5 | EAC 15, KAC 15 | F+4, R+1, W+4 | Perc +6 | Init +4

Faria does her best to copy the movements. Her little yellow mote drifts behind her as she does so.

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male verthani xenoarchaeologist technomancer (starfinder data jockey) 1 | SP 3/6, HP 9/9, RP 5/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14 | F+1, R+2, W+2 | Lvl 1 Spells: 0/3, Spell cache: 1/1 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (Darkvision 60ft) | Current Conditions:

Teisu looks increasingly uncomfortable as it becomes apparent that he will be expected to mimic the Copaxi's movements. After an awkward pause, he sticks his gangly arms out and shuffles in a quick circle.

Dataphiles

Male Android Operative 2| SP 12/16; HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6
Consumables:
Clip 9/9 | Rounds 46/60

Model Y2K puts the inputs into his programming and causes his body to spin from his torso on up. Very slowly like a mechanical music box his body , though with a slight jerk, spins on its axis, his palms facing outward.

Y2K looks to Baskoro. "Do you wish to speak in terms of the group Captain?"


They look awkwardly between each other at the few utterances but seem relieved as the party begins their ritual. The one with the tall symmetrical antlers steps forward. "My thanks for your greeting. We are... unfamiliar with traditional Pact World greetings. I am Therseis, historian and leader of the research team. Please, come join us in the research office for a brief meeting."

He leads you into the office where each of them introduce themselves. The jagged-antlered copaxi quietly and quickly addresses you. "I am Bryanisis, biologist."

The one with the ram-like antlers seems much more verbose. "I am Gnaucara, the research team's physicist and pilot. You have come quite a distance have you not? Drift travel is quite new to us, and I wish to hear details of your journey."

The spiky-antlered copaxi also seems quite eager to speak with you. They proudly show their chest, which seems to have been partially reshaped to display the Pact Worlds' insignia. "And I'm Panacula, archaeologist and geologist. I see that each of you hails from a different region?"

Sense Motive DC 20:
Therseis seems to have a specific interest in Y2K and Trusty.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LG Vesk Envoy 2 | SP 14/14; HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +3 (+2 vs fear) | Init: +0 | Perc: +5; SM: +5+1d6

Baskoro seems startled that Y2K addresses him in his self-assigned role "Thank you Y2K! Although on the ground I think we don't need to be that formal."

"Thank you for having us Therseis. Traditional pact world greetings is to extend a hand and shake it. Would you like me to show how that goes?"

Inside the office the vesk responds to the introductions "Well met, all of you. I am Baskoro. I am a Vesk and come from the Veskarium, which is a mighty empire. I will let the others make their own introductions."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 5 + (4) = 15

Dataphiles

Male Android Operative 2| SP 12/16; HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6
Consumables:
Clip 9/9 | Rounds 46/60

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

"I am known as Model Y2K." The android holds his hand out for what appears to be a normal handshake and quickly turns into a series of elaborate shakes, slaps, twists and fist bumps that go on for nearly a minute.

"Pleasure to meet you." Last his systems knew that was the new hip greeting.


Therseis raises his hand sleightly. "You had best refrain from your... cultural greeting amongst the Copaxi. The bowing of the head or outstretched arm is generally considered aggressive, and physical contact with any copaxi is not recommended unless it has been specifically invited." He tilts his head to the side, giving a profile view of his antlers and leans closer to Baskoro.

"I do not know how to describe them, but you may feel and perhaps understand."

While the antlers appear smoother than the rest of his body, they feel quite rough, almost sharp, like they are made of fine coral or sandpaper. It is no surprise that a firm handshake would not be the most ideal of greetings with these folk.

"Also, speaking before the traditional Copaxi greeting is considered taboo... a sign of malicious magic. We - " He motions to his team " - of course are eager to learn your greetings, but other Copaxi you meet may be taken aback by the offer of a handshake or a bow. But you seem to be well practiced in meeting new cultures... something we wish to learn."

Bryanisis pulls out a modified comm unit while Panacula withdraws a map from the drawer of the desk and opens it up on the table. Map and a picture of Therseis added to the slides!

Panacula points to a few spots on the map while Bryanisis fiddles with the comms. "We have already explored the Market, Academy, and Transport station, however the remaining sites had indications of potential active danger and we have not yet investigated. While the first sites have been secured, we would like to return with experts such as yourself to see if any additional findings can be uncovered."

Bryanisis finally gets the comm working and hands it to Y2K. "We have added some prototype software for translation between Common and Copaxi."

The comm reduces Culture DCs to translate text by 10 and allows you to attempt such checks untrained.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

human solarion (divine champion) 2 | SP 18/18, HP 18/18, RP 5/5 | EAC 15, KAC 15 | F+4, R+1, W+4 | Perc +6 | Init +4

"We do have practice in meeting new cultures, but an explanation like you have given us can be very helpful. Thank you for offering it. Would it offend you if I offer you the greeting which my people, the servants of Sarenrae, the Lady of Light, offer? I would simply hold up my hand in your direction and speak a brief blessing in her name."

Exo-Guardians

Male verthani xenoarchaeologist technomancer (starfinder data jockey) 1 | SP 3/6, HP 9/9, RP 5/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14 | F+1, R+2, W+2 | Lvl 1 Spells: 0/3, Spell cache: 1/1 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (Darkvision 60ft) | Current Conditions:

Teisu is visibly relieved when they decline the handshake. ”I’m Teisu.”

The Manifold Host

1 person marked this as a favorite.
820-706 | Male CG SRO Corporate Agent Spy Operative 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: Robotic Snark.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

"Ooh, a translation program? Do you mind if we copy it?" Trusty finds the blank Copaxi faces particularly hard to read. I gotta read their body language, and that's tough. These colony creatures clearly have different cultural paradigms. Sheesh. It was hard enough to learn to read regular organics.

"'Okay, so no touching, bowing or talking when doing a greeting... Sounds fair enough to me since I can spin with the best of them. Still... I gotta ask you something, 'cause otherwise my boss will tell me that she's a sad, sad gnome."

Trusty opens up a compartment in his pack where he's got a teapot stored. "Do your people drink? My boss has this obsession with a hot beverage called tea... She likes to drink it with people, and get them to tell her their life's stories. So... Do you guys have anything like that?"

Then Trusty looks at the other researchers before settling on Gnaucara. "S'up? If you want to talk space travel, I'm your bot!" Trusty launches into a loving discussion of the finer points of piloting a Pegasus-class craft, and then asks, "So... what sorts of things do you pilot? Got any sweet rides that you're working on?"

Dataphiles

Male Android Operative 2| SP 12/16; HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6
Consumables:
Clip 9/9 | Rounds 46/60

Y2K takes the foreign comm device and begins wiring it into his circuitry. Pulling a frayed cable out sends a spark and a very loud bang as a capacitor blows. Most everyone seems startled except for the droids. Slipping it into his chassis Y2K finds a small nook to secure it while wiring it into his own speaker system.

"Can't have anymore spyware, malware and trojans than I already have in myself." He sends an awkwardly reassuring smile to the rest.

"Where do you suggest we investigate first?" He asks Therseis.


Faria Sunburst wrote:
"Would it offend you if I offer you the greeting which my people, the servants of Sarenrae, the Lady of Light, offer? I would simply hold up my hand in your direction and speak a brief blessing in her name."

Therseis shrugs. "Me? No... but that is precisely the sort of thing that would panic most copaxi if they aren't familiar with it."

Trusty Trashbot wrote:
Trusty opens up a compartment in his pack where he's got a teapot stored. "Do your people drink? My boss has this obsession with a hot beverage called tea... She likes to drink it with people, and get them to tell her their life's stories. So... Do you guys have anything like that?"

Your GM is consuming tea as he types this...

Panacula looks over the teapot. "If I recall correctly from my research, Tea is an herbal suspension? We have drinks that may be similar to tea... why is tea needed to discuss one's history?"

Model Y2K wrote:
"Where do you suggest we investigate first?" He asks Therseis."

Which site would you like to investigate first?

Therseis mulls over the question before responding. "The first few locations have been secured already and may be a good way to acclimate to the site." They seems to be trying to decide what to make of you all. One of you may make a Diplomacy check to help guide his opinion of you.

Perception DC 23:
You notice Therseis briefly fiddles with a handheld comm unit out of sight of the other copaxis.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LG Vesk Envoy 2 | SP 14/14; HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +3 (+2 vs fear) | Init: +0 | Perc: +5; SM: +5+1d6

"We will start with one of those allready explored sites, thank you Therseis"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Market first?

Dataphiles

Male Android Operative 2| SP 12/16; HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6
Consumables:
Clip 9/9 | Rounds 46/60

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 So close.

Model Y2K nods his head. "The Market seems like as good a choice as any."

The Manifold Host

1 person marked this as a favorite.
820-706 | Male CG SRO Corporate Agent Spy Operative 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: Robotic Snark.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

"Yeah, let's do the Market. I work for a corporation now, so I should study capitalism in action. So... Therseis, you coming with us?"

Trusty thinks about Therseis's commentary on the tea. "My boss would be interested in learning more about your hot beverage, maybe even exchanging recipes. As for why you need a drink to discuss history... Here's my theory. People aren't that great at drinking hot beverages while doing cartwheels or running races. They have a tendency to spill hot stuff all over themselves if they try that. So... the tea forces them to slow down. It gives them something to hold on to if they're nervous, or to talk about if there's an awkward silence. Even more importantly, it gives people a chance to allow certain silences to draw out, because they can't talk if they're drinking.

"Well... unless they're telepathic like shirren and lashuntas..." Trusty pauses, realizing that he's wandering off topic. "Most sentient beings are afraid of silence. They try to fill it with noise, kind of like I'm doing now. But drinking tea encourages people to listen, and then to gather their thoughts before they speak."

Trusty cocks his head to study Therseis. "I haven't really found a robotic equivalent of that yet... Should we create elaborate ceremonies for hooking up batteries or drinking motor oil? It's just not the same. So mostly I pour the tea for other sentients like my boss taught me, and then try to listen to what they have to say."


If someone wouldn't mind botting Cora that'd be appreciated. I'm fine to bot during combat, but botting RP decisions is a bit beyond what I like to do as GM.


***BZZZT**** "Botting for Cooooorrraaaa:"

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Cora gives Therseis a quizzical look. When the opportunity arises, she subtly tells the rest of the party about the homemade comm unit they were fiddling with out of site of the rest of the Copaxis.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

human solarion (divine champion) 2 | SP 18/18, HP 18/18, RP 5/5 | EAC 15, KAC 15 | F+4, R+1, W+4 | Perc +6 | Init +4

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Faria observes nothing, and patiently waits for the team's more knowledgable members to decide where to go first.

The Manifold Host

820-706 | Male CG SRO Corporate Agent Spy Operative 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: Robotic Snark.

We have three votes for the Market. Can we adopt the 'two votes' and go model for deciding where to go next?

Trusty Trashbot starts leading the team to the Market. "According to the map, it's this way."


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Just letting people decide what to do about Cora's info... and waiting till I have the adventure on hand again to move forward with. It's the "two votes and go when convenient for the GM" rule.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Vesk Envoy 2 | SP 14/14; HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +3 (+2 vs fear) | Init: +0 | Perc: +5; SM: +5+1d6

They are probably communicating with a significant other on that comm unit. Or maybe looking at some inappropriate content...

The Manifold Host

820-706 | Male CG SRO Corporate Agent Spy Operative 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: Robotic Snark.

When Cora tells them about the comm unit, Trusty texts back to the group:

Okay, so it is our job to assess whether the copaxi should be accepted as a Protectorate, right? What if our buddy Therseis is assessing us right back? Do you think that they're writing reports to their superiors right now? Maybe they're writing about our reactions, and teamwork and how awesome Pact World bots are. Trusty pauses to polish his casing for a moment. Eh, if so... I'm okay with it. Let's just watch Therseis and see whether they do that again.


Computers or Engineering DC 18 for Cora:
The com unit he's fiddling with doesn't really look like a normal comm unit. It seems as though it has been repeatedly built and rebuilt using custom parts from a mix of copaxi and Pact Worlds technologies.

Thersius notes a cleared path to the market place. "I admit I am very curious about the Starfinders and I'd like to see you at work. I understand that you may now wish anyone to meddle or interfere with your work, but if I could accompany you, or if you are willing to communicate your findings as you work I would appreciate it."

Better update coming tonight


This open area contains scattered debris and abandoned market stalls. Scorch marks, ash, and burnt-out structures reveal that a fire devastated the area long ago.

Perception DC 13:
You discover that most of the shops dealt primarily in art, jewelry, statues, and other decorative objects. Anything of value was ruined or looted long ago, but there are a few objects depicting copaxis flying, summoning fire, and performing other magical feats. You also find a few metal coins scattered about the market. Each coin has a floating city on one side and a copaxi face on the other, with words (in Copaxi) reading “We Few Above All.”

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LG Vesk Envoy 2 | SP 14/14; HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +3 (+2 vs fear) | Init: +0 | Perc: +5; SM: +5+1d6

"Therseis, please accompany us. That way you will also get an understanding how a starfinder team operates. Although I have to warn you, we are not a military organization and each team has their own procedures. In fact the society believes in rotating team members in and out of teams, sometimes you work with people you know and sometimes you get assigned to a team with complete strangers"

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Baskoro picks up one of the coins and shows it to the others "'We Few Above All' could that be a reference to a ruling class?"

He speaks load enough so that Therseis is shared in the conversation, even if the copaxi has kept his distance.

Culture?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

The Manifold Host

820-706 | Male CG SRO Corporate Agent Spy Operative 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: Robotic Snark.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

"Yo, Therseis! These coins... Are they of an uncommonly small denomination?" Trusty looks at the strange physical money, peering at both sides. "Why have they been left here when everything else has been looted?"

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Android Operative 2| SP 12/16; HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6
Consumables:
Clip 9/9 | Rounds 46/60

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

"This could symbolize a ruling split class. perhaps there was a revolution." Y2K ponders as he asks Therseis. "Do the copaxis stories or legends of old that might reference these. coins or phrases?"

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male verthani xenoarchaeologist technomancer (starfinder data jockey) 1 | SP 3/6, HP 9/9, RP 5/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14 | F+1, R+2, W+2 | Lvl 1 Spells: 0/3, Spell cache: 1/1 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (Darkvision 60ft) | Current Conditions:

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

"What coins?"


Upon further inspection, Baskoro notices that there is no actual indication of these coins ever being used in the marketplace.

Physical Science DC 16:
Based on the lack of weathering and patina, these coins were probably cast within the last 5 years.

Therseis seems to ponder his words for a bit before he responds. "There are... regrettably facets of Tabrid Minor's history that are poorly understood and findings here could help uncover those stories. Please be thorough in your investigations."

The Manifold Host

820-706 | Male CG SRO Corporate Agent Spy Operative 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: Robotic Snark.

Trusty peers up at the tall verthani. "You're so high up from the ground, no wonder you can't see it. Here, look at this!" Trusty shoves the coin up at half-blind verthani.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

human solarion (divine champion) 2 | SP 18/18, HP 18/18, RP 5/5 | EAC 15, KAC 15 | F+4, R+1, W+4 | Perc +6 | Init +4

As the more scholarly members look around, Faria keeps scanning the horizon, watching for any dangers.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LG Vesk Envoy 2 | SP 14/14; HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +3 (+2 vs fear) | Init: +0 | Perc: +5; SM: +5+1d6

"Therseis, do you have any hypothesis why these coins would be here? I see no indication that they were used in this market place? Are coins used in modern copaxi society?"

Dataphiles

Male Android Operative 2| SP 12/16; HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6
Consumables:
Clip 9/9 | Rounds 46/60

Physical Science DC 16: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

"That is understandable." Y2K continues to explore around the marketplace.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

"Perhaps the Academy will bring more light to this situation."

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male verthani xenoarchaeologist technomancer (starfinder data jockey) 1 | SP 3/6, HP 9/9, RP 5/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14 | F+1, R+2, W+2 | Lvl 1 Spells: 0/3, Spell cache: 1/1 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (Darkvision 60ft) | Current Conditions:

Physical Science: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

"Oh, those coins. But those can't be from the old marketplace; look at the condition they're in, the lack of patina. These aren't more than five years old. Hey Therseis, did one of your people drop these here on accident? I'd hate for someone to have lost their wallet or something."

The Manifold Host

820-706 | Male CG SRO Corporate Agent Spy Operative 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: Robotic Snark.

Trusty looks puzzled at Therseis as he hands the copaxi one of the coins. "Er... if one of your people dropped this, why the slogan, We few above all? Is there some cultural context we're missing?"

Then he nods to Y2K. "Yeah, let's go to the Academy. All this doesn't make much sense yet."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

human solarion (divine champion) 2 | SP 18/18, HP 18/18, RP 5/5 | EAC 15, KAC 15 | F+4, R+1, W+4 | Perc +6 | Init +4

"A modern coin! Yes, if the research team has not dropped it, this is quite the mystery."


Therseis mutters in a somewhat non-committal tone, "We um... don't use coinage like that. Must have been left by someone..."

Sense Motive DC 10:
He seems a bit uneasy about this.

The rest of the research team seems very intent on watching how you inspect the findings, and seem to be taking notes themselves while doing their best to stay out of the way and allow you to conduct independent research. They all begin to pack up their equipment once Trusty indicates that the Academy is next on the list.

Y2K does few more rounds bout the site and is fairly content that the rest of the site has no other revelations.

~~~Onward to the Academy~~~

Overgrown vegetation covers this sprawling campus of lecture amphitheaters, study halls, and dormitories.

Perception or Profession (Philosopher or Professor) DC 14:
The campus is devoid of materials that reveal anything about the copaxis themselves, though materials containing generic chemistry and geology studies are abundant. The most common materials are devoted to simple magical theories, but there is nothing advanced or practical enough to be useful.

Exo-Guardians

Male verthani xenoarchaeologist technomancer (starfinder data jockey) 1 | SP 3/6, HP 9/9, RP 5/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14 | F+1, R+2, W+2 | Lvl 1 Spells: 0/3, Spell cache: 1/1 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (Darkvision 60ft) | Current Conditions:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14

"Hm, I like it. All hard sciences, none of that fuzzy history or sociology or the like. This is my kinda library."


Mysticism or Magical/Spiritual related Profession DC 17:
The books on magic all seem to have been written by someone with extremely limited or second-hand knowledge of magic.

Exo-Guardians

Male verthani xenoarchaeologist technomancer (starfinder data jockey) 1 | SP 3/6, HP 9/9, RP 5/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14 | F+1, R+2, W+2 | Lvl 1 Spells: 0/3, Spell cache: 1/1 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (Darkvision 60ft) | Current Conditions:

Mysticism: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
human solarion (divine champion) 2 | SP 18/18, HP 18/18, RP 5/5 | EAC 15, KAC 15 | F+4, R+1, W+4 | Perc +6 | Init +4

mysticism: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

GM, does Faria's Theme Knowledge apply here? If so, she's made the new, lower DC.

The Manifold Host

820-706 | Male CG SRO Corporate Agent Spy Operative 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 16; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: Robotic Snark.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

"Physical Science... Yeah. Okay. And lots and lots of books about Magic 101..." Trusty swivels to look at Teisu. "I'm not a scientist, just a practical guy. But do the books of Physical Science and stuff cover advanced topics? I'm wondering if this was the library of an elementary school. If so, why no stories? Why no legends? Why no guides to how to be a grown-up Copaxi?"

Then Trusty gives himself a dope slap. CLA-A-ANG!

He swivels to face Therseis. "Wait a minute... I spent so much time training with my boss I'm starting to think like a meatbrain. Do Copaxis even have childhoods, or do you emerge fully formed like androids and SROs?"

Culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Although I'm asking it of the player, really, I'm asking it of the GM. You said the magic books were simple. Are the science books simple as well?


Faria: Looks like it would not apply here.

The science books range from maybe the starfinder equivalent of jr. high and high school. Matches up with what you'd guess is a college for a less advanced culture. The magic books start at cantrips and end at magic missile.

Dataphiles

Male Android Operative 2| SP 12/16; HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +6
Consumables:
Clip 9/9 | Rounds 46/60

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Mysticism: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Y2K scans the documents. "This is bangin' though hardly seems advanced enough for these floating cities or even the space travel necessary for the Pact Worlds travel." The android reiterates.

51 to 100 of 321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Debug's SFS 1-22 - The Protectorate Petition All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.