GM TheSilverDreamer's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master TheSilverDreamer

Battle Map | Sandpoint and Outskirts | Lootsheet


151 to 200 of 598 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

F Varisian Ranger 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13, CMD 17 | F +3 R +6 W +2 | Init +6, Perception +6 | FE: Goblinoids +2

Waking up in the morning, Valerica yawns and stretches, not having been used to a nice bed like this in a while. She sees her bow is still where she left it, right by her bedside. Grabbing it, she starts inspecting it and turning it over, making sure it's in perfect condition before she starts getting ready and heading downstairs. Yesterday was...something. That's for sure. I..I guess I'm glad for the people that helped yesterday, but even after all of the training, all the practice..I still end up missing most of my shots when the actual moment hits...I need to train more. I'm not ready.

Shaking her head from these thoughts, she makes her way into the common area of the Rusty Dragon and overhears the man asking for help from Father Zantus. Remembering the kind soul, Valerica immediately nods and gets herself ready to go. "I'm certainly going. Any possible leftover goblins we can catch and spill the beans would be helpful."

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

"Well, it seems most of us are in for checking things out. I'm going to step outside and feed Ponok, I'll join you when you head out.

Edamm gets up and offers Valerica her seat. She then takes the meat and heads outside to make sure Ponok isn't getting into trouble.


The man is most likely a servant of Sarenrae. As far as Trig can tell he seems to be honest.

"Thank ye, that the Goddess bless," he says. "Indeed, the Boneyard is the cemetery, and I'm the keeper. Naffer Vosk is my name." He shakes Kitchel's paw. "No 'misters' here. I'll say this, though, since the way I hear it you're strangers in Sandpoint, I've lived in this town for ten years now, since Father Tobyn, rest in peace, raised me up from my old life. If'n you got any questions about the town, you just ask and I'll do my best to answer."


Female CG Ratfolk Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC: 15 Touch: 12 FF: 14 | CMB: 2 CMD: 13 CMD-FF: 12| Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +0 | Init: +1 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +4 Sense Motive: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bloodrage: 6/6 Lab Rat: 1/1 | Active Buffs: None

As they travel to the graveyard, Tif looks over at the cathedral then asks Naffer a question " Forgive me if this is an upsetting question, but what was the Unpleasantness that people keep talking about? I know the old cathedral burned down - was that also from a goblin attack?"

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm slows her pace to let Tif and Naffer catch up a bit to her after hearing Tif ask about the Unpleasantness.

"Yes Naffer", she injects into the conversation. "I am also interested in this subject. I have heard that the fire took more than just the building."


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: none

Trig looks at Wayland's response to her with a critical eye, but relents. "I'm being rude." She admitted. "But I'll help."

As they traveled, Trig paid careful attention to the talk about this Unpleasantness. She hadn't heard of it before, and it seemed an interesting topic. Once their questions had been answered, she posed one of her own in a grim tone. "How many casualties were there last night?"


Naffer walks slowly due to his deformity, but plods along. "I suppose most folk wouldn't be too open to speak of it. It were about five years ago, things seemed to go wrong all at once. First, there was Chopper. For about a month folk kept on findin' bodies, cut into pieces. Turned out to be the work of an artist who lived here, makin' his name by carvin' birds into buildings. They called it, 'Sportin' a Stoot', cause that was his name, Jervis Stoot. The old priest told me, the man went mad with wrath, takin' revenge against any imagined slight, and makin' sacrifices to a demon lord."

He makes a motion over his chest, drawing a star with his finger, a Desnan and Varisian practice to ward off evil. "Hemlock stopped the killings after Chopper killed the old Sheriff, but about a month afterwards, the church burned down. It weren't no goblins, just chance, far as we can tell. An oil lamp that fell down and shattered in the night, and by the time anyone realized what happened, it was too late. Killed three acolytes, old Father Tobyn, and his daughter Nualia. Was a great deal lost that night." He shakes his head sadly.

"All in all, ten people were killed, some residents some visitors. Many more damn goblins dead." He spits in disdain of the creatures.


Female CG Ratfolk Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC: 15 Touch: 12 FF: 14 | CMB: 2 CMD: 13 CMD-FF: 12| Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +0 | Init: +1 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +4 Sense Motive: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bloodrage: 6/6 Lab Rat: 1/1 | Active Buffs: None

Tif listens sadly to the tale. "A bad pair of misfortunes, and now this attack. Let's hope we get some answers from this goblin."

Grand Lodge

F Varisian Ranger 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13, CMD 17 | F +3 R +6 W +2 | Init +6, Perception +6 | FE: Goblinoids +2

"And then you have to deal with this goblin raid? This town seems rather unlucky." Valerica states, sympathizing with their troubles. "And everything's been calm until today? No other goblin attacks?"


"Not as far as I've heard, all been calm after the first panicking, 'asides from this, a'course."

Naffer leads you to the back side of the cathedral. The boneyard is of decent size, and there are a few stone vaults used by prominent families. The caretaker leads you to a vault in the back, near the city wall, its stone visibly weathered. This vault, he explains, has traditionally held the remains of town clergy. The heavy stone door is not so much closed as it is propped in place, after the lock was bashed open. The grass in front of the vault is torn up and much muddier than the rest of the grounds.


Female CG Ratfolk Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC: 15 Touch: 12 FF: 14 | CMB: 2 CMD: 13 CMD-FF: 12| Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +0 | Init: +1 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +4 Sense Motive: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bloodrage: 6/6 Lab Rat: 1/1 | Active Buffs: None

"Ok, how about everyone gets ready to capture the goblin, and I'll push the door open."

Tif waits until everyone has their weapons out and are ready, then she shoves the door.

Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

will wait if anyone wants to investigate first.


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: none

The gnome's face softens when she hears about the casualties. "I hadn't realized so many died. I guess the battle was larger than I expected."

Trig started looking around the area once they arrived. Inspecting the stone door and grass to look for any clues as to who broke the lock and opened the door. Trig reckoned it would have taken more than one Goblin to move it, though she couldn't be sure.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Grand Lodge

F Varisian Ranger 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13, CMD 17 | F +3 R +6 W +2 | Init +6, Perception +6 | FE: Goblinoids +2

Valerica immediately starts looking around for any tracks of goblins around the vault when the group arrives.

Survival; FE: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm draws her shortsword and looks at Ponok.

"Ponok, ce mirosi?"

Varisian:
Ponok, what do you smell?"

Handle Animal:
Push to Seek (DC 25) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Ponok looks up at her but seems not to follow.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 12 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 7/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

"Still don't make no sense to me, Trig. Killing ten people is awful, no doubt. But how did it benefit the goblins? They lost a lot more. I know what Ameiko said, but she's wrong; goblins ain't that stupid. They're cunning and cowardly. They don't just throw themselves into a fight they can't win for no good reason."

Wayland looks around, ready to enter.
"I can cast a spell of Light on a shield or whatnot; if nobody needs it, I'll cast it on my amulet."

He will have his bola in one hand, ready to trip a goblin if needed.


The rain made it more difficult to spot, but both Valerica and Trig are able to make out footprints in the ground--some are small, goblins certainly, but some are bigger than one would normally expect from a goblin.

Survival DC 18, re:Goblins:

There were about six goblins, and one size Medium humanoid. They climbed the wall, then approached and entered the vault.

It isn't difficult to open the door of the vault. As Tif pushes it aside, there's a sound that comes from inside like...rattling, and hissing.

In the next instant, two creatures lurch out of the darkness. It isn't hard to recognize, but it makes it all the more unsettling to see two animated human skeletons come lunging out of the vault carrying rusty weapons and wearing ruined armor.

Init:

Init Edamm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Init Kitchel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Init Tif: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Init Trig: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Init Valerica: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Init Wayland: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Init spooky scary skeletons: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

No battlemap, Edamm, Tif, Wayland, and Kitchel may act before the skeletons


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 12 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 7/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

With no battlemap, can I assume that Wayland can take a shot at the skeletons and then get to cover behind the fighters?
Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
"Skeletons!"
Disrupt Undead, Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Crit?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Female CG Ratfolk Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC: 15 Touch: 12 FF: 14 | CMB: 2 CMD: 13 CMD-FF: 12| Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +0 | Init: +1 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +4 Sense Motive: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bloodrage: 6/6 Lab Rat: 1/1 | Active Buffs: None

PA Flail attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
PA Flail damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

"Ah! They're not goblins!"

Tif steps back from the door and swings her flail around at the closest skeleton.

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Even in such a sleepy town, the dead can walk?

Edamm motions at Ponok and shouts.

"Ponok, No!"

Handle Animal:
Down (DC 10) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Ponok stays where he is as Edamm steps into the skeleton and jabs at it with her shortsword.

Edamm Attack:
  • Shortsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
  • Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Inspired Blade 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 | Panache: 5/5 | Initiative: +6 | Perception: +5

"Oh my, this is much more exciting than goblins! But we weren't really looking for excitment here, so I guess that's a bad thing. On the plus side, if there were goblins before these two might have already taken care of them. Though that'll make it, at the very least, harder to talk with them than it would be if they were alive."

As she speaks, Kitchel dashes up next to Tif and takes a stab at a skeleton.

Rapier Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage (P): 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Critial Confirmation: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Critical Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 So 15 damage before DR


Wayland fires a bolt of light at one of the skeletons and hits, and the positive energy chases through its bones and it bursts apart into a cloud of dust. Tif's attack misses, and though Edamm makes contact, her short sword doesn't do much more than take off some bone chips.

Kitchel steps up, and the roguish ratfolk expertly puts the point of the blade through a gap in the skeleton's cervical vertebrae. The skull pops off the top of the spine, and the rest of the skeleton falls into an inanimate pile of bones.

That was quick. Each skeleton had a broken scimitar and a broken chain shirt.

Within the vault, there are more dusty footprints, signs of recent disturbance. There are a few sarcophagi and more urns inside, and one sarcophagus has been left open, the lid dropped on the floor. The sarcophagus is empty.

The only other thing that seems out of place is a threadbare black robe discarded on the floor.

"No, no, no!" Naffer shouts as he pushes his way in and puts his hands on the outside of the sarcophagus. "Oh, Goddess protect us! Curse those foul creatures!"


Female CG Ratfolk Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC: 15 Touch: 12 FF: 14 | CMB: 2 CMD: 13 CMD-FF: 12| Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +0 | Init: +1 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +4 Sense Motive: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bloodrage: 6/6 Lab Rat: 1/1 | Active Buffs: None

Tif looked up at Naffer in concern. "What is it? Whose coffin was that?"

Tif will try to assist anyone looking at the tracks inside the crypt.
Survival assist: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm leads Ponok into the crypt to examine the footprints.

Survival:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: none

Trig sniffs loudly as she pushes away the bones of the skeletons with her feet, putting them in a corner. "Seems rather unlikely that they knew exactly where to go and which grave to loot, and not ransack the rest. Looks like someone leading this Goblin charge isn't such a crackpot theory, after all." Trig half said and half mumbled. She began looking around for other clues, perhaps something that would point them in a direction other than Goblins.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Grand Lodge

F Varisian Ranger 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13, CMD 17 | F +3 R +6 W +2 | Init +6, Perception +6 | FE: Goblinoids +2

As Valerica was checking the tracks outside of the crypt and by the wall, she realized something terrible. Goblin tracks but...what’s with these other tracks? Was someone else with the goblins...?

While she was thinking this, the crypt door was opened and Valerica had whirled around, bow at the ready to strike down what laid inside. Fortunately the others were able to deal with the skeletons before she was needed to act and she cautiously put her bow behind her back once more.

”Yeah, exactly,” Valerica agreed with Trig. ”These tracks. Look, there’s small ones but then these ones here were clearly left by someone of our size,” she theorizes, pointing out the larger tracks among the goblin ones. ”Climbed over the wall here and just walked inside the crypt.”


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 12 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 7/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Wayland looks around warily. The big question's been asked. Whose coffin was that? No sense adding one more voice to the chorus.


Naffer is visibly alarmed by Trig's suggestion. "It's, it's Father Tobyn's coffin--I told you about him, he was the preacher who died five years ago. After the fire, all that was left was his bones. Goddess, why would anybody do such a thing?"


Inspired Blade 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 | Panache: 5/5 | Initiative: +6 | Perception: +5

"Well then, we've got a mystery! What happened to Father Tobyn, and why? I guess we should rule out some implausible things. Given that we've just encountered skeletons, are we sure that the coffin there was opened from the outside rather than the inside? We should take a look. If it was opened from the outside and his body isn't here now it's been taken somewhere (I know, not too startling a revelation,) but if it was goblins I imagine they'd just drag it around both because they're not so strong and because they wouldn't care much about how they carried such a thing. That assumes that it was in some sort of clothing that was easy to drag. If the remains were just a skeleton that would make it harder to find evidence of dragging. Of course, if there wasn't clothing to drag a skeleton with and they needed something like that they could have used this robe here to carry things in, but it's been left here. Now let's see what we can find out about it!"

As she speaks Kitchel darts about around the room, trying not to disturb any fresh tracks, but also get a good look at the coffin (in particular the inside,) and the robe. She doesn't touch either, but learns what she can from eyes and nose.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 12 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 7/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

"Good questions Kitchel.
The fire killed Tobyn, his daughter Nualia, and three acolytes. Maybe somebody blamed him somehow and wanted to take revenge?
Or a necromancer wanted a dead priest to make some kind of undead?
All kinds of possibilities."

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm continues to look around the crypt with Kitchel.

"I don't know a lot about goblins, but this seems well beyond their usual behavior. Perhaps there is more here than normal sight can see.

Edamm begins to gesture and chant for a moment, then she begins scanning around the room.

Edamm will check the room for any signs of magic using Detect Magic.


Female CG Ratfolk Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC: 15 Touch: 12 FF: 14 | CMB: 2 CMD: 13 CMD-FF: 12| Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +0 | Init: +1 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +4 Sense Motive: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bloodrage: 6/6 Lab Rat: 1/1 | Active Buffs: None

"We should tell the Sheriff about this. If there's someone stealing bodies and making skeletons, then the guard'll want to be prepared for more than just goblins."

Tif also examines the robe, with an additional eye to see if it can be reworked into another piece of clothing.


The lid of the coffin was set off to the side, leaning against a wall, so it's most likely that it was opened from the outside. The coffin is empty, and there's a faded smell of decay.

The robe has a faint aura of necromancy.

Spellcraft DC 21:

This was a Robe of Bones, a magic item whose construction includes a dozen patches that can be peeled off to conjure an undead creature in an instant. This one has no patches left, so it's more or less worthless.

The material of the robe has an unremarkable appearance but the quality is decent. It could probably be reworked into a smaller article of clothing.

"You're right, you're right," the graveyard keeper says, nodding. "Ah, Abstalar--that is, Father Zantus--needs to know about this. I'll meet you at the gate with your payment, just a moment."


Female CG Ratfolk Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC: 15 Touch: 12 FF: 14 | CMB: 2 CMD: 13 CMD-FF: 12| Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +0 | Init: +1 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +4 Sense Motive: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bloodrage: 6/6 Lab Rat: 1/1 | Active Buffs: None

"This is good material, doesn't look like a shroud though. I could make something nicer out of it - maybe fashion it into a dress, or a set of scarves. Although it's probably a clue of some sort."

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm stands away from the robe after she examines it.

"Best burn that." she says. "It carries the traces of necromancy, death magic. Unfortunately I am not skilled in magic enough to know more. Perhaps Wayland or Trig could tell us more."

Edamm looks over at the wise gnome and wizard, then steps outside to stand with Poonk.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 12 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 7/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Wayland examines the robe with Detect Magic.
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
"Yep. This was a Robe of Bones. Somebody used all the patches. Made about a dozen undead. Robe is worthless now, but those skeletons and zombies will be around here."


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: none

"So the goblins were lead by someone who is either posing as a necromancer, or is a true necromancer." Trig stated. It sounded like she was going to continue, but she did not. The Gnome did seem to perk up when she heard payment. Tactfully, she did not ask about it.

"Then let's get going."


Female CG Ratfolk Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC: 15 Touch: 12 FF: 14 | CMB: 2 CMD: 13 CMD-FF: 12| Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +0 | Init: +1 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +4 Sense Motive: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bloodrage: 6/6 Lab Rat: 1/1 | Active Buffs: None

"Could we use the robe to track whoever used it?" Tif looks at the robe slightly less enthusiastically than before. "I might wait to see if the necromancy fades a bit more before using it in my designs. I guess it means those skeletons weren't raised from the townsfolk at least, that'll be some minor consolation."

I'm good to go, I think. See the priest and get paid, then report to the Sheriff. Then.. check out quests from the noticeboard?


You meet Naffer at the gate, as he said you would. At his side is a large man with a bald head, well-muscled, carrying a toolbox. Handyman, probably, or a gravedigger who is good with tools, to repair the vault door. Naffer gives each person one gold piece, and says, "Father Zantus sends his thanks, and said if'n you're ever needing any healing he'd be happy to help."

Between yesterday and today you've made a strong impression on the clergy and Father Zantus or one of his acolytes will cast Cleric spells for you up to 2nd level and waive the normal spellcasting fee. You'll still need to pay for any expensive material components and anything besides Cure x Wounds may be delayed by a day so they can prepare the spell. With that said, what would you like to do now?


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: none

Trig accepted the gold piece with a nod. Back in Magnimar, it would have taken her a week of plying her trade for this. Today, she made it in a couple of hours. Not bad. But, there was more lucrative game in town. She would look at the rest of the group. "So, if you people plan on going somewhere dangerous to do something that's likely to get yourselves hurt, well. Best you have someone like me around. Shall we go hunting some strange beast harassing the farms?"

The cockroach meandered up Trig's back to her shoulder, still out of sight. Aggravated. Tired. It was rather early for Cal, who preferred darker times, but Trig wasn't going to call it quits just because of some bug she had to talk to in the morning.


Female CG Ratfolk Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC: 15 Touch: 12 FF: 14 | CMB: 2 CMD: 13 CMD-FF: 12| Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +0 | Init: +1 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +4 Sense Motive: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bloodrage: 6/6 Lab Rat: 1/1 | Active Buffs: None

A shiny gold coin! Time to retire from this adventuring life!

"I'd just like to report what we found to the Sheriff first, but yes, let's go and look into that."

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm takes the gold coin and puts it in her pouch.

"Thank you Naffer, this is much appreciated.

She then turns back to the group and nods at Trig and Tif's words.

"Your help was greatly appreciated by Poonk yesterday, so today I feel it will come in just as handy. As for the sheriff, he seems a capable man and should be told about this for sure."

Edamm is fine with going to the sheriff before heading out. She is ready to move on when the group is.


Inspired Blade 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 | Panache: 5/5 | Initiative: +6 | Perception: +5

Kitchel accepts the coin with a serious nod. "Thank you. If you happen to notice anything else unusual that might be connected to this you should come let us know. There are too many loose ends that don't seem to make sense yet, but hopefully we can start to take care of them. Tif in particular doesn't like loose ends, what with her tailoring, unless they're there for decorative purposes. I don't think that these skeletons would count as decorations though. Hopefully we won't need any sort of healing, but if we do down the road we'll certainly keep your kind offer in mind. Even if we don't get down the road and stay in town actually."

As the group starts to set out Kitchel continues banter continues on some without seeming to touch on important things for the moment, but her eyes continue to take in the surrounding, looking for any clues that might have been missed previously.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 12 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 7/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1
Tif wrote:
"Could we use the robe to track whoever used it?" Tif looks at the robe slightly less enthusiastically than before.

"With powerful magic like Scrying, maybe. I'm not sure. But it's beyond my ability."

Wayland takes the gold piece, flips it in the air, catches it, and puts it in his bag.
"The rest of the undead from that robe should be around somewhere. Used for what purpose?"
He walks along with the group.


It takes about an hour of asking around to find the sheriff. The legs of his pants are muddy up to the knees, and he looks like he hasn't slept much since you last saw him. He shivers at the mention of undead. "Thanks for taking care of it. While I'm sure it'll get around, I'll ask you to maybe keep it on the down-low as best as you can, I don't want people panicking." He shakes his head. "Well, bad news is we haven't had much luck tracking the little vermin. Rain about killed the trail. We managed to catch one goblin, but it didn't know much of anything. Most we got out of it was that they had a commander--not a goblin, but a 'longshanks,' no name given. That was before my deputy turned his back and the goblin squeezed out a window and off a forty foot drop."


Inspired Blade 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 | Panache: 5/5 | Initiative: +6 | Perception: +5

Kitchel nods as the sheriff speaks. "The rain would be inconvenient for tracking, wouldn't it. And some non-goblin commander fits the profile we'd been coming up with so that's not too surprising. I wonder what a 'longshanks' might be. Anyone happen to know the term offhand? Something taller than a goblin I'd assume, but, despite our current company, that's not too surprising a condition for creatures to have."

Kitchel pauses in thought for just a couple seconds, her nose twitching as she glances around. She then turns her head sharply to the Sherrif and cocks it slightly to the side. "This seems to be an unusual situation, and you seem understaffed right now. Is there anything in particular that you think you might like help with? I can't speak for everyone here, but I know that the safety of the townfolk worries me right now. As a guest of the city I can't help but feel like I should be doing something to make sure that last night's goblins and today's skeletons are all that need to deal with now. If there's something you don't have the resources to poke into then I'm game for poking, but you'd know the leads better than I do."


Female CG Ratfolk Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC: 15 Touch: 12 FF: 14 | CMB: 2 CMD: 13 CMD-FF: 12| Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +0 | Init: +1 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +4 Sense Motive: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bloodrage: 6/6 Lab Rat: 1/1 | Active Buffs: None

Tif nods aong as Kitchel speaks. "Yes, I'd also be happy to help in any way."

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm leans down and scratches Ponok under his chin.

"Ponok and I feel that this town is too nice to be left to these vermin. If our new friends are going to help out, count us in."


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: none

"Helping in this instance sounds irresponsibly dangerous," Trig wanted warned thegroup, looking at each of them. She knew the type, though. Of the too-eager-to-help kind. Fine. "If someone can force the goblins together it sounds like it's out of your league. But. I guess I can follow you all around a little longer. It's only a small hassle."


The Sheriff nods to Kitchel. "That's kind of you to offer. Mayor Deverin and I have discussed requesting help from Magnimar, but if there's any work that comes up I'll keep you in mind."

When he gets done speaking, if there are no more immediate concerns he excuses himself to return to work.


Inspired Blade 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 | Panache: 5/5 | Initiative: +6 | Perception: +5

"Hmm, well in that case we wish you a quiet and uneventful day! I think that you, all of Sandpoint really, could use one now." Kitchel waves as the Sheriff leaves, and then turns to the others.

"Right, assuming we're interested in working together for at least a bit longer, and from what I can tell, our various skills seem to complement each other nicely, so that strikes me as a wise plan, we need to figure out what happens next. We could go investigate the farm, which was already brought up and something that we seem to want to do. We could track down Aldern Foxglove at the Rusty Dragon, he's likely to be up by now I'd think, and should be happy to see us, especially you, Valerica, if I read his offer correctly. There's a lot more about the town that we probably want to learn if we'll be here for long, like what is the bounty for goblin ears at the Goblin Squash Stables, but is there anything else pressing that we'd be likely to want to do first?"

151 to 200 of 598 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM TheSilverDreamer's Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.