GM TheSilverDreamer's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master TheSilverDreamer

Battle Map | Sandpoint and Outskirts | Lootsheet


51 to 100 of 650 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Prescience 3/7: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Using that one!

Wayland concentrates again and sees a glimpse of the future. A little trickier with the Varisian in the way, but... there.
He reloads and fires on instinct, not even aiming but trusting in the future he saw. The bolt unerringly hits its target, the Blue goblin.

Attack, Prescience, into melee: 20 + 2 - 4 = 18 Nat 20
Confirm, into melee: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 2 - 4 = 3 Not a crit
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


The bolt lands in the same eye, driving in even deeper than the first bolt, and the goblin falls over, down and out.


Female CG Ratfolk Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC: 15 Touch: 12 FF: 14 | CMB: 2 CMD: 13 CMD-FF: 12| Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +0 | Init: +1 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +4 Sense Motive: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bloodrage: 6/6 Lab Rat: 1/1 | Active Buffs: None

PA Heavy Flail attack w/flank: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 = 16
PA Heavy Flail damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Tif lunges forward and with a vertical swing slams her flail down onto the prone goblin with a satisfying thud

Assuming it's dead (and blue is dead)

With a satisfied nod, she wreches the flail head out and steps forward to the remaining goblin.

Grand Lodge

F Varisian Ranger 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13, CMD 17 | F +3 R +6 W +2 | Init +6, Perception +6 | FE: Goblinoids +2

The Varisian woman dodges out of the way as the goblin in front of her lunges at her, until a crossbow bolt drives its way into its head and falls over. Surprised, she looks over at the direction the bolt came from and sees the man holding it. She nods her head in thanks to him, as she aims and fires to take down the (what she assumes) is the last goblin of this group.

Attack; FE: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Damage; FE: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Firing at Green!


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: Bless (2 mins)

Trig waits patiently to see what happens to the goblins, and pulls out her longspear. The gnome doesn't make any moves towards the group just yet, assuming that the rest of the people had this in hand. "Isn't this supposed to be the guard's job?" Trig growled, looking around for any sign of the city watch.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Move action to pull Longspear, free action Perception, end turn.


Inspired Blade 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 | Panache: 5/5 | Initiative: +6 | Perception: +5

Assuming Tif did kill the Yellow Goblin, if not, then the attack would be against it.

As Tif steps forward to confront the last goblin, Kitchel keeps step, studying the green opponent's moves, looking for an opening. When she thinks the goblin has its guard down, focused on the panther in front of it, the ratfolk makes a quick stab at it's side.

Rapier Attack on Green Goblin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Rapier Damage (P): 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The goblin however dodges out of the way of a bite from Ponok at just the wrong time and Kitchel's blade hits only the air.

"What are goblins even doing here right now!? Wait, I'm asking the wrong people."

Goblin:
"What are you even doing here right now!?"

5 foot step, standard action to attack, free action to speak.

Also, another Parry and Riposte if Kitchel gets attacked.

Parry attempt: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Riposte if applicable: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Riposte damage (P): 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm sees the last goblin eyeing her with a murderous grin.

"Ponok, Inconjura!", she says while pointing at the goblin.

Varisian:
"Ponok, Surround!

Handle Animal:
  • Flank DC 10 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Ponok moves to circle around the goblin and makes another attempt to bite the goblin.

Ponok Attack:
  • Bite 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
  • Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
  • Trip 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Acrobatics:
  • To avoid the AOO 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Once Ponok is in position on the other side of the goblin, Edamm steps over and tries to drive her sword into its chest.

Edamm Attack:
  • Shortsword 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
  • Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
  • Potential Crit 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
  • Crit Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
  • +2 bonus from flank

Edamm, free action to command Ponok. Ponok, move action to move into flank with acrobatics to avoid AOO, standard action to attack. Edamm, 5 ft step, standard action to attack (with possible crit!).


With one brutal swing, Tif brings her flail down on the prone goblin and caves in its chest. The last of the goblins gleefully dances around attacks, dodging an arrow and teeth, but its laughter is cut short by Edamm's sword in its chest. It gurgles, and drops.

For a moment, if only in the immediate area, it's calm, but beyond this small space there is far more happening. The Sandpoint Guardsmen are doing their jobs, protecting the civilians. There are more goblins than the ones just killed, to the west and to the south, going after the fleeing civilians with guards chasing after them. Father Zantus ushered several people into the cathedral, trusting the gods and thick stone walls to protect them, and now one guard stands at the door with his weapon drawn and already bloodied--his partner lies dead, along with the goblin that killed him.

Every so often, one catches a glimpse of a person looking out from a hiding spot--under a wagon, through a window or a cracked door.

Goblins run amok in Sandpoint, and through it all there is still that hideous song: Goblins race and goblins jump, goblins slash and goblins bump. Burn the skin and mash the head, goblins here and you be dead!"


Inspired Blade 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 | Panache: 5/5 | Initiative: +6 | Perception: +5

Kitchel eyes dart around, taking in the scene around her, the festive mood suddenly replaced by chaos. True to her nature she doesn't hesitate before starting to act, addressing Tif as well as the others who jumped in to fight off the goblins. "We've got to get the townfolk to safety! The Cathedral should be sound, let's see if we can usher them there!"

Turning to the square she shouts out in her loudest voice (which, sadly, isn't particularly loud,) "If you see someone with a weapon out, go with them, they're here to help! Make your way to the Cathedral, you'll be safe there!" The ratfolk then makes her way to the nearest person she can see hiding and urges them to come with her to the Cathedral.

Grand Lodge

F Varisian Ranger 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13, CMD 17 | F +3 R +6 W +2 | Init +6, Perception +6 | FE: Goblinoids +2

After seeing the last goblin fall, she quickly curses to herself for missing so much, but shakes it off when she sees Kitchel running to guide people back to the Cathedral. Stay focused, Valerica.

She keeps her bow out, ready to fire upon anymore goblins that plan on immediately threatening the group that helped fight off the goblins. Looking over at people hiding amongst carts and such, Valerica follows Kitchel's lead and yells out, "C'mon now! Hurry to the Cathedral! You can make it as long as you don't lag behind!"

She moves forward to the ratfolk and the woman with the panther, asking them: "Are you alright? I saw some of you took a nasty hit from those buggers. I got a potion to help heal some wounds if any of you need it."


The person under the wagon, a heavyset man in middle age, jumps at Kitchel's shout, but after a glance back and forth in the square, he ushers out the kid he was covering, maybe eight, nine years old, and they both run as quick as they can, and the guard lets them into the cathedral quick as he can.

Before Kitchel can do much more, a cart on the other side of the square bursts into flames. The cart carries only dry firewood, probably for the bonfire the Sheriff was warning people about earlier, and it's sensibly away from any building that could catch from it, so more important at the moment is the goblins that come rushing away from the burning cart carrying knives and torches, and one more--a goblin that performs their warchant, driving its fellows into a vicious frenzy.

One screeches at the sight of the longshanks (and in the case of the ratfolk and gnome, lunch), and they all rush forward.

Init:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Edamm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Kitchel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Tif: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Trig: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Valerica: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Wayland: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

There were a couple of rounds before this combat started if anybody wanted to heal or something else to prepare. Everyone but Tif may act before the goblins. There are four normal goblins, and the Warchanter.


Inspired Blade 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 | Panache: 5/5 | Initiative: +6 | Perception: +5

Kitchel sees the new set of goblins emerge from the cart and at once dashes towards them, muttering to herself. "So many goblins. I wonder how they got into the city? Through the gates seems unlike as the guards would have sounded an alarm. Perhaps the sewers? I should remember to poke around and see how many ways I can find to get in and out undetected."

As she nears the the goblins she raises her voice.

Goblin:
"If you want to taste ratfolk today you're going to need to earn your meal! Have at you!"

Double move action, free action to speak.

Parry and Riposte if any close and attempt a melee attack.

Parry attempt: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Riposte if applicable: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Riposte damage (P): 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Grand Lodge

F Varisian Ranger 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13, CMD 17 | F +3 R +6 W +2 | Init +6, Perception +6 | FE: Goblinoids +2

Valerica quickly makes her way towards the next set of goblins, already prepared to dispatch them like the other group. She runs forward near Kitchel to get into point blank range, and fires an arrow at the red goblin.

Attack; FE: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Damage; FE: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Moving forward and attacking Red. If anyone wanted that healing potion, Valerica would have given it to them before combat started.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

At hearing others urging efforts to get the villagers to safety, Wayland pushed back.
"No! Don't cower. Have every villager of age grab weapons, clubs, even shovels, and FIGHT BACK! Kill these vermin."

Upon seeing the next warband, he spots the apparent leader. A war-chanter? Might he have magic like a bard?
He contemplates a Burning Hands on the group, but is unsure if they would all fall, or if he'd be left with five burned and angry goblins in his face.

Wayland backs up and readies to cast Magic Missile from his bonded item to disrupt casting if the war-chanter casts a spell.

Readied:
MM: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: Bless (2 mins)

Trig's scowl deepened as a new set of goblins emerged. At the time she had understood that the rest of the guards were busy, but how were there so many goblins? The gnome hustled over to the man who looked ready to cast a spell and took cover behind him. She pulled out a flask of green liquid, looking back towards the creatures.

Move action to move by Wayland, move action to pull a flask of acid.

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm nods to Valerica but doesn't accept the help yet. She notes that the Ratfolk seem to have a decent plan and her thoughts begin taking it in.

[i]These Ratfolk fight well, and they seem to be quick witted as well. Have to speak with them after this is over.]/i]

Her thoughts are soon interrupted as more goblins enter the square and she spring back into fray. She moves in closer, trying to keep the goblins focused on the warriors instead of the citizens in the church. She calls for Ponok to follow and raises her sword, preparing to bring any goblin that approaches.

Ponok, Apropiat!

Varisian:
Ponok, Closer!

Handle Animal:
  • Heel DC 10 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Readied Attack:
  • Shortsword 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
  • Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Edamm, move action to get into position, free action to command Ponok, standard action to READY against an approaching goblin. Ponok, move action to follow Edamm.


GM Screen:

R: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Y: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
trip: 1d20 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (17) - 1 - 4 = 12
B: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Valerica's arrow flies past one goblin's head, and it rushes forward to attack, but Edamm is ready for it, and as it comes near she swings and gives it a vicious wound, though the goblin still stands. It flails in Edamm's direction, but she easily moves clear of its torch. Another goblin goes after Kitchel, but she parries its attack easily.

The warchanter hops up onto the stage, just barely avoiding falling on its face itself, as it pulls out its whip. It cracks the whip in the air, snaps it around Edamm's leg, but even as it heaves, Edamm stands firm, the whip comes loose, and the goblin snarls as it brings the end back.

A third and fourth goblin warrior rush forward, one swiping at Edamm but not quite reaching her, the other menacing Kitchel.

Red has taken four points of damage from Edamm but is still standing. Three warriors attack and miss, the warchanter tries and fails to trip Edamm, and one double-moves to get into the fray. Tif is up, then everyone else.


Female CG Ratfolk Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC: 15 Touch: 12 FF: 14 | CMB: 2 CMD: 13 CMD-FF: 12| Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +0 | Init: +1 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +4 Sense Motive: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bloodrage: 6/6 Lab Rat: 1/1 | Active Buffs: None

Tif refuses the healing. "Thanks, but keep it for something worse - this is just a scratch."

--

PA Heavy Flail + Charge: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13
PA Heavy Flail: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

The burst of fire behind her catches her off-guard, but she soon recovers, then turns and charges towards the new set of goblins with a shout.

Double move charge vs yellow.


Inspired Blade 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 | Panache: 5/5 | Initiative: +6 | Perception: +5

As Tif arrives and takes a swing at the goblin with her flail, Kitchel slides in beside her and takes a stab with her rapier while their foe is off balance.

Rapier attack on yellow goblin: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10
Rapier damage (P): 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

5 foot step, standard action to attack.

Parry and Riposte for the first attempted melee strike against Kitchel.

Parry attempt: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Riposte if applicable: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Riposte damage (P): 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Riposte critical confirmation: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Riposte critical damage (P): 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 10 damage if the critical scores.

Grand Lodge

F Varisian Ranger 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13, CMD 17 | F +3 R +6 W +2 | Init +6, Perception +6 | FE: Goblinoids +2

Undeterred by her misses so far, she takes a step up near the panther and aims to take down the Warchanter on top of the stage!

Attack; FE: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Damage; FE: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Crit Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

This makes up for all the misses so far! Took a 5ft step and fired at the Warchanter!


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Prescience 4 of 7: 1d20 ⇒ 20 Nice!

Wayland draws his bola and throws it at Yellow. It's much too far, he doesn't really know how to the use the weapon, and the ratfolk are in the way. Nevertheless, he trusts in his visions of the future; it's a miraculous throw and the goblin falls.

Would be -8 for range, -4 for non-proficiency, -4 for into melee, and maybe -4 for cover, but with a nat 20 it auto-succeeds.


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: Bless (2 mins)

Trig rushes forward, flask in hand. She sees the Warchanter take a particularly heavy blow, and chooses her target based on that. If the warchanter is still up, then throw the acid at that one, if they're down, throw it at red.

Acid flask: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 -4 against the warchanter, -2 against red due to distance
Acid damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm's muscles begin to bulge as she calls out to Ponok from the ground. She points at the goblins and shouts.

"Ponok, Durere! Durere!"

Handle Animal:
Attack DC 10 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Edamm then gets to her knees and tries to drive her sword into the goblin that swung a torch at her. She then stands fully upright.

Edamm Attack:
  • Shortsword 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
  • Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
  • -4 penalty on attack from being prone.

Ponok moves in to attack the surrounding goblins.

Ponok Full Attack:
  • Attacking in order until they drop unconscious: Blue, Green, then Red
  • Bite 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
  • Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
  • Trip 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
  • Claw 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
  • Damage 1d2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
  • add +4 if target prone from trip
  • Claw 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
  • Damage 1d2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
  • add +4 if target prone from trip

Edamm, swift action to activate Bull Focus on self and Ponok, free action to command Ponok, standard action to attack Red Goblin, move action to stand (provoking AOO). Ponok, 5 ft step, Full attack against Blue, Green, and possibly Red Goblins. Not a bad round!


GM Screen:

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 because longbows have a x3 crit multiplier :)

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Valerica looses her arrow expertly, and the warchanter takes it in the chest between two ribs. The warchanter makes a gagging noise, staggers forward, and falls off the stage to the ground, and it does not move.

Trig throws her acid flask, but it comes up short, only splashing a little on the goblin. That distracts it just long enough that Edamm can finish it off with a fierce swing of her sword. Ponok attacks in a storm of teeth and claws, biting Blue, shredding it with her claws, and then going to the other goblin and clawing it across the chest.

Wayland's bolas should not hit, by any metric, and yet, they do, whipping between the others' legs and wrapping around Yellow, sending the goblin yelling to the ground. It angrily wrenches the bolas off and throws them aside, but as it stands, Kitchel makes an opportune strike, opening its throat with the tip of her blade. Again, it falls, and this time, it does not stand back up.

using Kitchel's riposte roll to make the attack of opportunity against yellow

The goblin that Ponok injured snarls, looks back and forth, and realizes that all of its allies are dead or dying around it. It drops its weapons, turns tail, and flees, running in the direction of the north gate out of town. However, as it runs past the church, the guard on the door moves to meet it, drawing his longsword and attacking the goblin with one great swing, burying the blade in the goblin's torso.

For a moment, all is quiet.

Green took the withdraw action to run away, guard finished it off.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Wayland walks over and retrieves his bolas. "Lucky shot, weren't it?"
He looks at the warriors around him. He speaks with a bit of a drawl.
"All you okay? Name's Wayland. Ya done right good killing them gobbos. Let's go find some more."
He turns to Edamm. "That cat of yours can sniff 'em down, maybe?"

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm looks around for more goblins, then at the rest of the people fighting at her side and back.

"Thank you all. They seem to be coming from everywhere and I thought I may be done for that time."

Grand Lodge

F Varisian Ranger 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13, CMD 17 | F +3 R +6 W +2 | Init +6, Perception +6 | FE: Goblinoids +2

Valerica looks at Wayland, nodding and chuckling. ”Definitely got Desna’s luck on your side there. Good work.”

”I’m...Valerica. Good to meet you all too. Didn’t realize there’d be so many capable fighters in this town but guess festivals draw these kinds of crowds?” She wanders up to the group.

She nods at Edamm. ”Don’t worry though, goblins seem tough but they’re nothing more than little trolls. Seems we all got your back here though.”

”I was just wondering...how’d they even get past the walls of the town here? I guess they could climb over but you’d think the guards would spot ‘em and they wouldn’t get this far.


Inspired Blade 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 | Panache: 5/5 | Initiative: +6 | Perception: +5

Kitchel's eyes dart around the square looking for more civilians or goblins as she listens to the others talk. "Hunting the goblins rather than waiting for them to come to us could be a great idea. If we can catch them sooner then do less damage. We do need to make sure those in the Cathedral are secure though. I think it's a good time to talk to the guard and see what condition he's in and if he knows who would be in charge right now. It's probably the Sheriff; maybe he even knows how the goblins got in, but where would he be I wonder?"

As she begins to move towards the entrance of the chapel she turns her head over her shoulder and shouts back, "Which isn't to say that I'm not delighted to find you all here and so capable. That was excellent work everyone and terribly exciting! So much to do though, and so little planned out, but we do as we must!"

Kitchel will dash towards the guard to see how badly hurt he is, if he expects reinforcements in the immediate future, if he knows who would be in charge of a defense and where they'd be (she assumes the Sheriff, but doesn't have any idea of a location.) There's a pretty good chance she'll ask a few too many questions at once to get the answers she wants. If she seems more citizens along the way she'll urge them to come with, especially any children.


Female CG Ratfolk Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC: 15 Touch: 12 FF: 14 | CMB: 2 CMD: 13 CMD-FF: 12| Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +0 | Init: +1 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +4 Sense Motive: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bloodrage: 6/6 Lab Rat: 1/1 | Active Buffs: None

Tif quickly scans the area for any more goblins, then relaxes slightly and nods to the other combatants.

"My name is Tif, and that is Kitchel. Seems clear here now - but we should go find some more - we should just need to follow the terrible singing."


The guard is startled by Kitchel, and his response to her endless stream of questions is to look at her dumbly. "Uh...uh..." He doesn't seem to be injured too badly, just overwhelmed.

It's then that the cathedral door opens again, and the priest in Desnan robes steps out.

"Father Zantus!" the guard gasps. "You, you should stay inside, sir, there could be more of them about."

Father Zantus holds a hand out placatingly. "I think we're alright, at least for now," he says. "I was watching from the window, I think that was the last of the ones in the immediate area."

The cathedral square is clear, and elsewhere the tide is swiftly turning. There's no more singing, and the sounds of battle have turned to rabblerousing goblins fleeing from organizing guards.

"That was very brave, what you all did," Father Zantus continues. "Come, come closer, that I may mend your wounds." He lifts his holy symbol and speaks a prayer to Desna begging her aid.

Channel Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 Tif and Edamm are back up to full.


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: Bless (2 mins)

"The guards get distracted by the festival?" Trig asked harshly. Her scowl deepened as she looked at the group of civilians who did the most work. In her eyes, at least. "You all did some good work back there. Maybe they ought to give you a reward for the lives you saved today."

Trig's eyes moved to the scene around them. The scorch marks and the bodies. A tinge of sadness hit her, and for a moment she missed her home in Magnimar. Concern. She scoffed at what seemed like a random moment to everyone else, and just shook her head at the emotion Cal was sending her. She looked back at the group. "Real good work. Ya'll ought to be proud."


Female CG Ratfolk Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC: 15 Touch: 12 FF: 14 | CMB: 2 CMD: 13 CMD-FF: 12| Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +0 | Init: +1 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +4 Sense Motive: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bloodrage: 6/6 Lab Rat: 1/1 | Active Buffs: None

Tiff moves closer to the priest to receive the healing. "Thank you, Father. It does seem quiet now, though it would probably be best for you to stay inside until the Sheriff says it's safe. We could go out and tell him that you all are safely inside, if you know where he might be."


Father Zantus grimaces at Trig's words. "I don't know. This town is usually so safe. There hasn't been anything like this since--in years. I'm not sure where Sheriff Hemlock is, the last I saw him was when he was patrolling the roads." He gestures vaguely toward the western entrance to the square. "Nevertheless, you're right. I'll stay here and wait for the all-clear."

The end of his sentence is partially drowned out by the nearby sound of a man screaming and a dog barking frantically, coming from the northern road. Father Zantus' eyes widen as he looks that way. "Oh no--I hate to ask more of you, after you've done so much, but I need to look after my people here. Please, help that poor man!"

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edam leads Ponok over to the father and nods along as he speaks. Then as the sound of a man screaming is heard she looks to her new allies and begins to head toward the northern gates. As she moves she points and shouts for Ponok.

Handle Animal:
Heel DC 10: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Edamm - double move as full-round, command Ponok as free action. Ponok moves to follow.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Wayland follows the huntress and her cat, with his crossbow in hand.


Inspired Blade 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 | Panache: 5/5 | Initiative: +6 | Perception: +5

Kitchel hustles to keep up with the longer legs of the humans as they head to investigate the sounds to the north. "I don't hear any goblins, and I don't think that barking sounds like it's being made by an animal attacking a person, so perhaps this is something different? Who would have thought that everything like this would happen the same day? Maybe it's the Sandpoint Devil, here to take advantage of the confusion! That would be something wouldn't it Tif?"


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: Bless (2 mins)

Trig tried not to roll her eyes at the Father's answer. That was the kind of answer that let these kind of things happen. She smiled as best She could. "These things are impossible to predict I'm sure no one could have called it, especially if the Sheriff left town.. I'll be back to help with the wounded later, if I have time. I'm going to help these fine, outstanding citizens of Sandpoint until then."

With a departing nod, Trig left the Father and grabbed her backpack one the way to the screaming and barking.

Grand Lodge

F Varisian Ranger 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13, CMD 17 | F +3 R +6 W +2 | Init +6, Perception +6 | FE: Goblinoids +2

Respecting the Desnite immensely for his peaceful attitude and kind words, Valerica smirks a little bit. ”It is no problem, Father. I live to kill these green monsters.”

Hearing the screaming and barking as well, Valerica follows her companions to this mew threat, saying to Kitchel, ”You think the Devil is smart enough to plan an attack during chaos? I always thought it a mindless beast. I assume it’s more goblins up to no good, could be a dog in trouble or something?”


Coming into the area of the north gate, there is no sign of the Sandpoint Devil, but there is a goblin in a scuffle with a hunting dog. The goblin is mounted on a creature that looks like the gross offspring of a giant hairless rat and a canine, covered in the worst mange, certainly diseased.

A human man in fine clothes hides behind a rain barrel nearby, and his cries for help are cut off when the goblin kills the dog with one great swing of its long axe, and the dog falls to the ground. Three more goblins come out from their own hiding spots, cheering the rider's victory. None seem to have noticed that they are no longer alone.

Map is up. One goblin riding a goblin dog and three others, plus a civilian. You have the element of surprise.


Inspired Blade 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 | Panache: 5/5 | Initiative: +6 | Perception: +5

Seeing that the goblins haven't noticed her yet, Kitchel makes a dash to get closer to the agents of chaos. Those that haven't known her long are almost shocked to see her move without talking for once.

Double move action. Rapier would still be out so no need to draw it.

Parry and Riposte attempt if any move close enough to make a melee attack before my next turn.

Parry attempt: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Riposte if applicable: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Riposte damage (P): 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm sees a civilian in danger and decides it might be best to put her and Ponok between the mounted goblin and him. She charges the mounted goblin and commands Ponok to follow her example.

"Ponok, Durere!"

Handle Animal:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Edamm Attack:
  • Shortsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
  • Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
  • +2 bonus from charge, AC 13.
  • Attacking the goblin.

Ponok Attack:
  • Bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
  • Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
  • +2 bonus from charge, AC 15.
  • Attacking the mount.

Edamm and Ponok both charge. Though not very well.


Female CG Ratfolk Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC: 15 Touch: 12 FF: 14 | CMB: 2 CMD: 13 CMD-FF: 12| Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +0 | Init: +1 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +4 Sense Motive: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bloodrage: 6/6 Lab Rat: 1/1 | Active Buffs: None

"If not the devil, there might be someone behind it. I thought goblins weren't this much of a problem here."

---

PA Heavy Flail charge: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8
PA Heavy Flail damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Tif charges forward towards the unmounted goblins, wildly swinging at the middle one with her flail.

Double move charge at yellow


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: Bless (2 mins)

Trig drops her pack again seeing the rest of the group charge in. With her longspear still in hand, she moved forward to get into a better position in which to strike or heal, depending on what was needed.

Free action drop pack, double move forward 40 feet.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Prescience 5 of 7: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Dammit. Everybody in the way.
Looks like all targets are either in melee or have cover, so he's taking at least a -4.
Wayland loads his crossbow and moves.

Grand Lodge

F Varisian Ranger 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13, CMD 17 | F +3 R +6 W +2 | Init +6, Perception +6 | FE: Goblinoids +2

Wanting to provide a bit of ranged support for Edamm, Valerica moves up and fires an arrow right at the goblin riding the goblin dog!

Attack; FE: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Damage; FE: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Moving up and firing an arrow at the rider!


GM Screen:

Init Edamm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Init Kitchel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Init Tif: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Init Trig: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Init Valerica: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Init Wayland: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Init AF: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Init Gobbos: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

The mad rush to intervene takes the goblins by surprise, and they scramble to keep up. Neither Edamm nor Ponok hit, and Valerica's arrow goes high. Tif's swing is wild and doesn't make contact. Nevertheless, the goblins have completely put their attention on the newcomers. The human man looks completely gobsmacked.

For the first real round of combat, everyone except Tif may act before the goblins.


Inspired Blade 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 | Panache: 5/5 | Initiative: +6 | Perception: +5

Kitchel closes the rest of the distance and scampers in beside Tif, taking a jab at the goblin her friend had missed with her flail.

Rapier attack against yellow goblin: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 9
Rapier damage (P): 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

As she does she speaks the other goblin, distracting herself from coming anywhere near her target.

Goblin:
"Hey you, green thing! How'd you get into the city? Did you come in through the gates or did you find another sneaky way in? I bet you know all kinds of clever ways to get about. You should teach them to me!"

Move action, standard action to attack, free action to speak.

Parry and Riposte attempt if anyone attacks in melee.

Parry attempt: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Riposte if applicable: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Riposte damage (P): 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: Bless (2 mins)

Trig rushed forward, Longspear still in hand, and tried to strike at the goblin rider. She didn't expect to hit, but she figured she might be fine as a distraction for Kitchel and Edamm.

Longspear: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Wayland casts True Strike and draws his bolas.

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm sees an opportunity to take down the mounted goblin quickly. She steps to the side and points for Ponok to move opposite, then prepares to strike the goblin when they have it flanked between them.

"Ponok, Inconjura!

Handle Animal:
Flank DC 10 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Ponok moves to the opposite side and goes to take down the mount.

Edamm Attack:
  • Shortsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
  • Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
  • includes +2 flank bonus

Ponok Full Attack:
  • Bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
  • Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
  • Trip: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
  • claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
  • Damage: 1d2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
  • claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
  • Damage: 1d2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
  • includes +2 flank bonus

Edamm, 5 ft step, free action to command Ponok, standard to ready the attack against the goblin. Ponok, 5 ft step, full attack.

51 to 100 of 650 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM TheSilverDreamer's Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.