GM TheSilverDreamer's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master TheSilverDreamer

Battle Map | Sandpoint and Outskirts | Lootsheet


451 to 500 of 586 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

There are three rooms in the basement. One is storage; another appears to be an office, tiny and cramped. It seems somebody has been sleeping in here. There are some empty bottles which once contained alcohol, but the real prize is in a little leather-bound volume, filled with prim handwriting. Tif does not know the language it is written in, but based on the note Bethana showed the party earlier this morning, it looks to be Minkaiian. This is likely Tsuto's journal.

The journal has several pieces of folded parchment tucked between the pages, some of which show sketched maps of Sandpoint with X's and arrows suggesting that they are battle plans; other pages have erotic drawings of a beautiful woman.

The last room in the basement is locked.

--

Meanwhile, Tsuto looks down at Trig, juts out his lower jaw defiantly, and spits at the ground at her feet.

The roll was pretty good but unfortunately his attitude is Hostile.

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm is lost in thought as Trig tries to play nice with Tsuto.

"He was off to somewhere." she thinks to herself. "Before we leave this the building I should see where this leads. First we need to figure out what we are doing with this vile creature."

Posting to keep myself in the group, I suspect Edamm will shortly be asked to open a door.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 12 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 7/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Wayland looks at the drawing.
"So... who's this? Just some fantasy of yours, I suppose."


GM screen:

W know local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Tsuto's jaw twitches, but he doesn't answer.

Looking more closely at the drawings, Wayland notices two things: first, that in some of these drawings, this woman has features that are almost infernal in nature; horns growing from her head, batlike wings from her shoulders, and a single raised, demonic hand.

The second thing Wayland realizes is this: the appearance of the woman in the drawing strongly resembles descriptions of the adopted daughter of the late Father Tobyn. The girl, Nualia, had been presumed dead in the same fire that killed her adoptive father, or so you had been told by the keeper of the Sandpoint Boneyard.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 12 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 7/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Wayland shares his observations. "Nualia. A tiefling, looks like. And not dead after all. Father Tobyn's remains were missing. Don't know what she'd want with them - whether to put them in a place of honor or use them in some evil ritual. Probably not good."
Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Common resistances of tieflings?

"You in love with her, Tsuto? Want to save her life? Tell us what she is up to."


Tsuto's feature's twist in confusion briefly. "A tiefling? If only she were, then she might--I mean!" He snarls angrily. "Screw you! You'll burn, all of you, she'll burn all of you!"

Tieflings are generally resistant to the elements--cold, fire, and electricity, but Wayland has a flash of insight as he recalls what he knows. The features in the drawings vary from one to another, but there is one that doesn't seem to have any demonic features. Studying it gives the impression of eyes without pupils, but otherwise a beauty that is unearthly but not necessarily unsettling. The impression it gets is outsider-blooded, yes, but Nualia is not a tiefling, but an aasimar, the distant descendant of good-aligned outsiders.

(Aasimar are similarly resistant to the elements, but in their case, to acid, electricity, and cold. They do not commonly have resistance to fire.)

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Ponok growls as Tsuto raises his voice and Edamm rest her hand on the cougar's back to calm him.

"Ponok and I are losing our patience with this man." she snarls back. "Where is Ameiko now? You lured her here, so don't tell me you don't know. And where were you off to now?"

Edamm makes a show of easing her hand off Ponok's back, giving the cougar room to attack if it becomes necessary.


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: none

"You're really going to want to have talked by now, I'm passing the talking to Edamm and her cat," Trig claimed with a deeper frown on her face than usual. She walked to the back of the group, scratching Ponok behind the ear as she passed.


Tsuto looks warily at Ponok and weighs his options. "Ggh. Damn it. Fine. I put her in one of the storage rooms under the Glassworks. I was gonna forgive her for everything, and she threw it all back in my face." He says the last part more to himself. He reaches for his pocket but thinks better of it when Ponok twitches towards him, and puts his hands back up. "Door's locked, key's in my pocket."

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm reaches out for Tsuto's pocket and takes the key for him. She passes the key back to Wayland.

"Please be kind enough to go check on Ameiko. Tif, go with him to make sure there is no unexpected trouble." Edamm looks back at Trig with a smile. She pulls out a length of rope from her pack and continues to address Tsuto. "Now, thank you for making this easier. Lets take care of making sure you won't be further trouble."

If Tsuto Submits:
Edamm begins searching him and removing any gear he may have on him. She will hand anything she finds over to Trig to hold for the moment. After Edamm searches Tsuto, Edamm binds his hands behind his back and secures them down by tying the rope further around his waist. She leaves the rest of the rope intact as a sort of leash and moves him back towards where Wayland and Tif went.

Edam then addresses Trig with her idea. "I think it would be best for us to take him to the Sheriff Hemlock. From what I hear in town he is better capable in handling such things. Let's talk with the others."


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 12 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 7/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Wayland takes the key. "Okay."
So the locked room is right nearby?


Scowling and spitting angrily, Tsuto nevertheless does not fight Edamm. She is able to tie him up, and on his person she finds: his weapon, a shortbow, a potion in a tiny vial, a silver ring with a rune on the surface, a pair of silver earrings (worth 25gp), what Edamm recognizes as a very well-made set of lockpicks and other thieves' tools, and 10 platinum pieces.

The shortbow is a composite shortbow with a strength rating of +1. The thieves' tools are masterwork.

Wayland finds the room readily. Inside, he finds one Ameiko Kaijitsu. She is badly bruised and beaten, unconscious but alive. She's been left on the bare floor on her side, wrists and ankles bound with rope, blindfolded and gagged with strips of leather.

But again, she is alive, and after the gruesome scene upstairs that Tsuto made of their father, it's a great relief.

Having captured at least one of the figures behind the attack on Sandpoint and rescued a friend, all by their wits and their strength, the members of your party feel invigorated. In a matter of days, though those days feel like they've gone on for months, you've grown. Not a lot, but you're still more than the person who walked into Sandpoint for the Swallowtail Festival.

You have all achieved level 2!


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: none

"Getting the sheriff? Finally, someone's talking sense," Trig said. It was hard to tell, but her frown seemed more neutral than it had been.

Upon finding Ameiko, Trig would duo what she could with a Cure Light Wounds spell and wrapping her wounds with ointments and bandages.


clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

The healing magic works on Ameiko and she's roused from unconsciousness, beaten and bloody. "What is...why'm I..." She blinks a few times. "Gods be good...Trig, wasn't it?"

As Trig wraps Ameiko's wounds, Ameiko organizes her thoughts. "Ah, Bethana, I'll have to thank her dearly. My brother..." She bites her lip. "Tsuto asked me to come here. I haven't seen him in years...and I thought he might want to reconcile. Well, I suppose he did, just not...I'm an idiot. He wanted me to join him--him and his beloved," she says venomously. "He brought me here, told me all about this damn plans, how they want to burn Sandpoint--my home--and everyone in it. Some...foul revenge, and what's worse is they're working with goblins to do it. The attack on the town--he organized it. They did. I don't know exactly the details, but he just started..."

She shakes her head. "He asked me to join him and Nualia. I slapped him. He set the damn goblins on me. Next thing I know, I'm waking up down here." She frowns. "There was something he said--damn it, little bastards must've got me in the head cause I've got a headache for the ages. Tsuto said, he was able to get the goblins into town during the festival cause of father. He...he got my father to open the town gates--suppose he must've blackmailed or threatened him. Damn it, my brother, he's obsessed with my father."

Ameiko starts growing restless. "No, no, I have to--hurry it up--sorry, I mean, work quickly if you can, I have to find my father and tell him what's happened." And then after a moment of thought, she gives a belated: "Thanks, by the way."


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 12 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 7/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

"Ameiko... the goblins killed your father. Maybe at Tsuto's command, maybe on their own. I know you and he had some words and did not see eye to eye, but even so I know it is a shock to hear this. I am sorry for your loss.

This Nualia... I'm guessing she wants revenge too. Growing up as an outsider is never easy, maybe that's her grievance. But there could be more to her plan. Stealing her foster father's remains... I don't know what she plans to do. Seems like tracking her is our next step."


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: none

Trig huffed and continued to tend to Ameiko's wounds. She was glad that Wayland was there to break the news. The Gnome had never been good at letting people down lightly. The lady deserved better than that, at least.

Confusion. Hungry.

Trig's glum look changed to irritation. "We're planning on going to the sheriff." She added as if it would help.


When Wayland breaks the bad news, Ameiko stiffens. "I...I see," she says. Her features are impassive, like a stone wall. "Let's...let us leave this place. Please."


Emerging back out into the light of day, it hasn't even been an hour but the surrounding area has gotten even more lively, and you do not go unnoticed. Especially not when somebody realizes that the bloody and beaten woman using Wayland's shoulder for support is the well-loved innkeeper.

Edamm takes Tsuto to the Sandpoint Garrison, where a fresh-faced young guard stutters his way through an explanation that Sheriff Hemlock is not present. "He-he left, early--real early, I mean, to the city, to Magnimar. To get more help, he said. Against the goblins, I mean. You...you are one of the ones that helped at the festival, right? And, uh..." He has a questioning look on his face when he finally looks over the trussed-up Tsuto.

"Well, uh, there's cells...yeah, the, uh, the sheriff, or maybe the mayor, or maybe both...they'll want to talk to this one. Yeah."

Tsuto is placed in a jail cell. Never does he speak, and when he looks at you, there is only hate in his eyes.

--

Ameiko insists on returning to the Dragon. When she comes inside, the halfling maid who sent you to the Glassworks in the first place, Bethana, stands up so quickly she knocks her stool over, takes one look at Ameiko, and bursts into hysterical sobs.

It takes a good while to get Ameiko to her quarters to lie down, and longer for Bethana to recollect herself, long enough for Edamm to return. Ponok enters the inn right at her heels, uninvited but also unquestioned.

When at last Bethana gets ahold of herself, she takes a look at the journal you got from Tsuto's office, and blushes furiously at some of the drawings.

"Ah...let me see..." She squints at the page and slowly translates the contents. Her expression steadily grows more horrified.

"The raid went about as planned. Few Thistletop goblins perished, and we were able to secure Tobyn's casket with ease while the rubes were distracted by the rest. I can't wait until the real raid. This town deserves a burning, that's for sure.

"Ripnugget seems to favor the overwhelming land approach, but I don't think it's the best plan. We should get the quasit's aid. Send her freaks up from below via the smuggling tunnel in my father's glassorks, and then invade from the river and from the glassworks in smaller but more focused strikes. The rest except Bruthazmus agree, and I'm pretty sure the bugbear's just being contrary to annoy me.

"My love's too distracted with the lower chambers to make a decision. Says that once Malfeshnekor's released and under her command, we won't need to worry about being subtle. I hope she's right.

"My love seems bent on going through with it. Nothing I can say convinces her of her beauty. She remains obsessed with removing what she calls her "celestial taint" and replacing it with her Mother's Grace. Burning her father's remains at the Thistletop Shrine seems to have started the transformation, but I can't say her new hand is pleasing to me. Hopefully when she offers Sandpoint to Lamashtu's fires, her new body won't be as hideous.

"Maybe I'll luck out. Succubi are demons too, aren't they?"

Bethana sets the journal down, visibly shaken. "What...what does this mean? I knew that Tsuto was a troubled young man, but this...Desna, protect us, what's going to happen?"


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: none

Trig's face tightened. "Probably be best to get out of here," the gnome told Bethana. "Goblins are bad enough, but all this other stuff that idiot is throwing around? Might as well pack up and leave. Sandpoint is no Magnimar; your walls didn't even stand up to a goblin assault."

Worry. Hunger.

She sighed. There wasn't any going back to Magnimar for her, at least. Not thus soon. "That's what advice I'm giving. I'm sure Edamm or Wayland have done optimistic advice. Probably better to just ask Ponok. You can trust a cat as long as you can feed it."


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

A Dusty trail grimed dwarf, walks into the Rusty Dragon as all the commotion is going on.

If I can be so bold, what happened

He shrugs out of the pack on his back, and waits for Bethana to come around, to ask for a room and a Bath and a meal.


Bethana pales at Trig's words, a wonder since she's already rather pale. "Leave?!" she squeaks. "I, I couldn't, no, no, Sandpoint has been my home for years, I couldn't just leave, surely there must be--what about you!" Bethana's demeanor grows almost manic. "All of you, you fought the goblins, you saved Ameiko, sure you can help? I..."

Bethana slows as her mind catches up to her mouth. "I...I'm sorry, I shouldn't...you are only travellers. I suppose I assumed--" She laughs nervously. "Well, you know what they say about what happens when you assume! It'll just make an ass out of 'u' and me. Oh, goodness..."

It is as the halfling woman is murmuring that the door of the tavern swings open, and in walks a dwarf with flaming red hair and the grime of travel. Bethana is all kerfluffled but quickly settles herself and goes to greet Morgrym, distracting herself with her work. "Tisn't something you need to worry about, sir, just a spot of trouble."

As opposed to what Bethana claims, Morgrym caught enough signs of trouble on the way into town to know something is wrong in Sandpoint. Word travels fast down the Varisian coastal road, and there has been talk of goblin trouble in town. That and the ever-gossip-hungry citizens of Sandpoint means a lot of stories, some clearly exaggerated or outright falsified, but others...worrying.

Among everything Morgrym heard, there was one thing that stands out now that he enters the Rusty Dragon: a small group of travelling adventurers who had aided the town, which included a young man who had nearly more wrinkles than he had years, a cynical gnome, and a woodswoman in the company of a large black cat.


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

Tis not a problem, Torag knows that I can assist if necessary, but for now a room, bath and a meal please.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 12 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 7/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

"That's right, Trig. I do have more sunny advice.
The people don't need to flee.
The walls would have held if the goblins didn't have a man inside, which they don't have anymore.
And now that we know the goblins' plans - or at least their aspirations - we can counter them. It is my guess that the goblins and Nualia are playing a bigger hand than they hold.
A demonic transformation by making offerings to Lamashtu?
Releasing and controlling this Malfeshnekor - a demon of some sort?
Tsuto's daydreams don't call for an evacuation.
If I'm wrong and all those plans go like they hope, probably we die."

The wizard shrugs.
"But if I'm right, we can move quick and take 'em down before they get all that to work.

If there are monsters allied to Nualia lurking in tunnels connected to the Glassworks, we should hunt them down.

And now that we know the Thistletop goblins are leading the attacks, we should pay them a visit. In daytime. Prepared.

Bethana, I will help."


Male Half elf Male Half Elf Fighter 19 AC , touch 12, flat-footed 17 HP 12/17, Initiative +2

He couldnt help but notice the heros rush into the inn with a flustered looking Ameiko from the small yard outside the stables. He was working on getting this fancified merchants angry horse to calm down and accept its gear better. 'Glamourous' The man had told him the mare's name was... 'Bitter, angry, and apt to bite' seemed more appropriate to the young half elf.
dice roller warm up
proffesion stablemaster: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Good diceroller, good *pats*

The horse finally seemed to accept the leather bits and straps required to properly pull the cart once he loosened bit in the poor things mouth.

"Thats a sweet girl, oats for dinner tonight on me okay."

He began patting the large mares neck as he led her back to the stable. Once she was properly situated in her stall, he fed and watered her before grabbing his overcoat to head next door. He hoped everything was okay with Miss Ameiko, for some reason he never felt flustered at her place like the others bars.

He called out to Mr. Hosk about going to grab lunch and hurried next door. He stepped inside quietly looking about. Things seemed off.He took a seat and waited patiently for Miss Ameiko or Bethana to come by quietly watching the others.


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

After getting himself settled and around a good meal, Morgrym starts to look around, and listen to what the troubles are.

I should introduce myself to the group that the town folk call hero's.

He gets up and wanders towards their table.

Good Eve folk, may I introduce myself?

Upon getting a nod by anyone.

My Name is Morgrym, I was sent here by Torag. I hail from the High Helm Mountains, and have come here via Jangerhoff.
I have heard of troubles here, and I wish to lend a hand, do you have space for one such as I for the duration of the problems.


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: none

"If you're going to want to go after them, you're going to need more people. Luckily, there's someone who's just as ready to go into certain danger as you are," Trig said, pointing her fork at the dwarf without looking at him. "I don't think it's worth it, personally. Not sure about you and Edamm, but I've had nothing but trouble since I got here. First, goblins attack, second, I'm dragged to fight goblins. Do you know how many times I've been shot at?"

Trig shook her head and resumed eating. "I've been meaning to meet up with some folk and settle into town, but I'm not sold on living here with all this trouble, and while the Dwarf-" The Gnome's frown deepened. "-looks like he'd make a great shield, I'm worried about me. You and Edamm shouldn't run out there, either. Both of you could get shot, or worse, something could happen to Ponok."


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

Shaking his head ruefully at Trigs statment, Morgrym comments

Do I look forward to getting shot at, or harmed in any way. No, but I was offering my assistance, in helping to look into any troubles, that have befell this town.
It was obvious and hard to miss, when I arrived, to hear townfolk say that you have saved the town, and it is up to individuals such as us, to help ensure that the town does not fall into destruction.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 12 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 7/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

The wizard looks at the dwarf.

"Morgrym? You were guarding a caravan I was with 'bout two years ago. You can fight, as I heard tell, though thank the gods no trouble found us. Well, trouble has found us now. It would be good to have you along. For certain we have room for you. I always like Torag folk - you know where you stand with them."


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

Appreciated to be remembered. My thoughts are those that can help, should. Torag would disown me if I did not offer.

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm shakes herself alert as Ponok paws at her leg. She was to distracted to have him stay outside and he seems to have taken advantage of the moment.

Ponok's almost to smart sometimes. Edamm thinks to herself. Nevertheless, no one seems troubled by his presence in here so I guess he can stay.

Edamm scratches at the cat's ears for a second and returns to the group.

"Glad to meet you Morgrym." she says in greeting. "It seems both Trig and Wayland share a faith in you and I share a faith in them. The fuzzy one's Ponok."

"Now, if I may offer my own 'sunny' advice, I feared that Tsuto was fleeing somewhere to gather more forces and it seems some sort of beast known as a quasit can be found down in that tunnel. I agree that the people should not flee, but perhaps some of the more able warriors can remain vigilant while we go down to investigate? Trig's hesitation may serve these people well in some manner."


Male Half elf Male Half Elf Fighter 19 AC , touch 12, flat-footed 17 HP 12/17, Initiative +2

He wasnt purposely trying to overhear the conversation, but the dwarf was interesting as where the gathered folk there. He paled however when he heard about beasts in tunnels beneath the city. Rumours about the goblin attack already ran rampant in the city. He cleared his throat and approached the group.

"Hi uh... yeah uh I'm Calin, I uh work next door with Mr. Hosk... I'm also part of the city Militia. You say there are beasts under the city? "

He asked Edamm though wary of approaching her too closely from the size of her cat.


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

Listening to Edamm, Morgrym shakes his head.
I guess then it will be up to people like us to step forward to protect those who cannot protect themselves


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: none

"Don't lop me in like that. What do you mean with that people like us line, dwarf? I work with medicine. YOU all are the crazies who go down into uncertain danger with no regard for your own mortality. It's crazy. Why? What compels you? I don't even know how you talked me going into the glassworks in the first place! I should be on the first wagon out of here, even if you knuckleheads don't think you preserve yourselves." Trig threw her fork onto her plate and scooted off her chair. It was hard to look exasperated when you had to scoot. She began pacing, visibly anxious. "Why? Just why?"


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

As Trig goes off, Morgym stands quietly, at the end of the speal, he calmly replies.
What do I mean, I mean people who are both able and willing to stand between danger and the helpless. All to often for evil to win, is that no one takes a stand and says enough. Well by the Maker, I am one of those willing to stand into danger, and risk my life to save others. If I need healing frrom that, then that is the risk i am willing to take.


Trig:

As Trig gets riled up, she feels the telltale itch of Cal moving over the skin on the back of her neck. The movements are quick and erratic, which is nothing new, it is a cockroach after all, but maybe a little more than usual?

Bethana returns with Morgrym's drink, catches sight of Calin, and only just keeps from throwing her arms up tiredly. She shakes her head. "Hallo, dear, the usual then? Just a tic, I'll be right back."

Halflings as a whole were not a particularly devout folk but damn if they didn't hold mealtimes as sacred.

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm seems not to hear the half-elf as he approaches, lost in the conflict broiling between her companions, but then she notices Ponok has begun to focus on something else and she catches herself.

"Sorry, my friend." she says politely. "Calin, did you say? A member of the militia? That is good to here. As for monsters under the town, I can only say that there are secret tunnels down there and Miss Kiajitsu's brother has noted that there are some manner of monster down in them. I cannot say if his word is to be trusted but I do feel we should investigate this. Tomorrow if not today."

Ponok hears the tone in Edamm's voice and decides that the newcomer is not a threat, and wanders over to a sunny spot of the floor.


Male Half elf Male Half Elf Fighter 19 AC , touch 12, flat-footed 17 HP 12/17, Initiative +2

"Well im not a member of the guard, but the sheriff's out of town as I understand it, if there is a threat down there I would love to go with you m'am. If something is there and the guard needs alerted they are liable to be more... amendible to help if I ask for it."

He smiled when he saw Miss Bethana head into the back for his order. The lunch was always good here.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 12 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 7/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

"Trig says things like that," Wayland says with a shrug.

"There's a problem and a mystery in Sandpoint. Not sure if I am helping more out of curiosity or altruism but I will do what I can."


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

Hearing that she was normally like that, Morgrym no longer stresses about what she says.

Fair enough, I figure in that case, I will let bygones be bygones, and will deal with things in the hear and now.


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: none

Trig's face went red as she heard Wayland. "Just because I say things like that doesn't mean my point is invalid. You want to run into danger for the sake of a mystery? Feel free, Wayland. Feel free. Let's see how far you get when the voice of reason is drowned out by the call to adventure."


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

Hearing Trig, Morgrym, answers calmly.

No, your point is still valid.
But to Run into danger for the sake of a mystery. No.
However, walking into it, while prepared, with both eyes open looking for trouble, so that those not so prepared, do not have to.
I would rather risk my life, as one who is prepared, to deal with an issue, than have some family have to bury a daughter or son, because I did not do my best to protect them.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 12 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 7/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Wayland shrugs at Trig's outburst.
"Yes, by all means let's see how far we get. That actually does sound good to me.
You can come with us, or you can live a life of quiet boredom until the Bleaching takes you. Your choice. I'm going to investigate."

Unless angry outbursts are her way of staving off the Bleaching? Hmm, that might explain a lot.

"Morgrym, I agree. I ain't no paladin, but I'll do what I can to help. I reckon knowledge is the best armor. I'm still learning the best magic for knowing what we are getting into before we face it, but this information in the journal should help. We also have a bit of coin to prepare ourselves."

From Tsuto: a composite (+1) shortbow, a set of masterwork thieves' tools, 125gp in treasure, a potion of CLW, and a ring of Protection +1. Another 50 gp from before, I think. Wayland got Touch of the Sea and Feather Fall for free from leveling, so he doesn't need gold for those spells - but he could pick up anything else requested with his share.

"I think we should look for those tunnels beneath the Glassworks and see what monsters may be lurking."


Male Human Investigator 2 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | HP 16/19 | F +2 R +5 W +3| Init +2 | Perc +8/+9 vs Traps

A man in studded leather with two short swords at his waist walks into the Inn and approaches the bar. He asks a questions and the barmaid points toward Wayland.

He approaches Wayland and smiles, "You are one hard man to track down." He looks and sees the rest of the group Wayland is speaking with and switches to another language.

Thassilonian:
"I have retrieved your field book and have it. I don't know if now is the best time to return it to you with all these people around."


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 12 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 7/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Wayland nods, then replies in Common.
"Thank you, Lazur. Do not worry. This time is as good as any. Those gathered here have more pressing matters than my archaeological explorations. There was an unusually well-organized goblin raid that seems a precursor to a larger attack. We are looking to foil their plans before they come to fruition, and could use a man of your resourcefulness."

"Calin, you want to alert the militia and then come along with us? Sounds good."

If we have everybody together, I think we can get moving on the tunnels as soon as the GM is ready. Who would like the Ring of Protection +1 and Potion of CLW? And any pressing uses for 175 in gold (not counting selling things)? Maybe some sunrods and other alchemical items?


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: none

"Just because a life is quiet doesn't mean it's boring," Trig snapped. She shook her head and took a deep breath. "I'm going to go with you because I'm invested in Ponok's safety. Edamm's not bad, either. I'm still not sold on any of these new folk, though." The gnome eyed them suspiciously. "For now, you're just more bodies to hide behind."

Trig would want the ring, but honestly it would be better used on a frontliner. Her share in gold would be fine enough.


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

I know I would like the ring, but I would suggest that what you have, gets used by the original members and then look to the extras

Morgrym nods his head.
I also am no paladin, but I am willing to traipse down below to prevent others who are not ready from suffering.


Male Human Investigator 2 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | HP 16/19 | F +2 R +5 W +3| Init +2 | Perc +8/+9 vs Traps

Lazur hands a book to Wayland, "You said under the town? That may overlap with our mutual interest in things Thassilonian. I should probably hang around just so you don't lose that notebook again. I need to lay low for awhile so I wasn't planning on going back to Magnimar anyway. I'll be happy to do what I can. So what has happened and what is the plan."


Male Half elf Male Half Elf Fighter 19 AC , touch 12, flat-footed 17 HP 12/17, Initiative +2

"I certainly will, when are you folks heading down? If you plan on going well now, let me get my lunch to go will you? I can meet you at the Glassworks after stopping off at the station. It was the Glassworks right?"

He said as he pulled out his coin purse to pay for his lunch with a few coins extra to tip Miss Bethana. It was clear he was no halfling but the young half elf certainly worked long hard hours and valued lunch greatly.

He paused and stared almost confusedly at the strange angry little gnome.

"It would be my honor m'am for you to hide behind me."


Plans have been made, and it's agreed: now, to descend beneath the Glassworks.

When you arrive once more, ready to go, there are some people around. Gawkers, naturally, but there is a sheriff's deputy directing five militiamen, identifiable by their tabards. Four of the men are guarding doors, the last--probably the one with the strongest stomach--is helping the deputy with the bodies of the employees.

Down into the smuggler's tunnel Tsuto tried to flee through, the passage goes a ways then branches. To the right, eastwards, leads to a sea cove, the ceiling so low that the entrance would be underwater at high tide, and only just visible at low tide. Scattered across the rocks are scavenged bedrolls, just the right size and smell to have been used by half a dozen goblins, and a very worn-out rowboat.

The other branch of the tunnel was, at one time, closed up with stacked stones and mud, but now it is wide open. The passage is very dark, and only the dwarf Morgrym can make out that there are a few turns leading off to the right.

Map is up, it is almost pitch black in here. You're entering from the southwest, order isn't too important yet but who is going first?


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 12 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 7/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

"I can cast Light on the sword or shield of someone in front, if that will help."

451 to 500 of 586 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM TheSilverDreamer's Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.