GM TheSilverDreamer's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master TheSilverDreamer

Battle Map | Sandpoint and Outskirts | Lootsheet


301 to 350 of 586 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Inspired Blade 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 | Panache: 5/5 | Initiative: +6 | Perception: +5

Kitchel peers down into the darkness below, listening to the conversation. When she looks up her ears are drooping slightly, but she shrugs it off quickly. "Exploring a tower would have been one thing, but a flooded cave system is probably too big a task just now, especially without a particular reason to explore it. Ah well, I suppose that there's plenty to discover back in town for now and we do have that boar hunt to look forward to tomorrow!"

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm looks in and Ponok sniffs the air.

"Ponok and I prefer to spend our time in the trees,"[./b] she says. [b]"or at least with wood or earth under our feet. I'm not the best swimmer."

Edamm rubs Ponok's head for comfort, hers as well as his.

"As for Ponok, he loves playing is SHALLOW water, but anything deeper than he is tall may be too much for him."


Exploring the underwater caves will have to wait until you're better prepared. The trip back into town is uneventful.

@Trig: You can easily find a healer's kit at the general store

@Wayland: Any 1st or 2nd level spell out of the CRB can be found as a scroll in Sandpoint, ask specifically about anything outside the CRB

visiting Brodert Quink:

At the home of the researcher of Thassilonian items, you are met by an aging human man whose hair is going thin, and has small eyes behind his glasses. At first suspicious, he quickly perks up when the topic of his research is brought up.

"The people in this town are a bunch of gossip-mongering close-minded bumpkins," Quink says, bringing you inside. His home looks like a tornado blew through, but there must be some organization only he understands for at the description of the creature you fought in the outskirts, he quickly goes to a book that has been stored in the pantry beside a bag of flour.

"Yes, yes, you came to the right person and you don't even know it, do you?" He flips through the pages, and sets the book down on the table open to a page which has an illustration of a hideous creature resembling the one you fought. "The Sinspawn; those creatures crafted from ectoplasm by the ancient wizard-kings of Varisia to serve as shock troops. They are found occasionally by adventurers, like yourself, in the deepest, darkest caves of Varisia. Vicious, violent, and very, very dangerous. But how, I wonder, did one end up killing livestock?" He strokes his beard as he considers it.

The Next Morning

Bright and early, a man in stiff clothing comes by your rooms in the Rusty Dragon to inform you that Lord Foxglove waits at the northeastern gate at Tanner's Bridge.

On arrival, Foxglove is already there with two manservants, and several horses. Foxglove smiles brilliantly when he sees the party.

"I am so happy to see that you all came. Come, come, the sky is clear and the Tickwood awaits."

He invites the party to take the other mounts, three horses and three ponies. "I, ahem, asked around a little. The horses are yours, to do with as you please. I think it'll make the hunt a bit more enjoyable."

During the ride out to Tickwood forest, a mile-and-a-half to the northeast, Aldern talks a little about his life in Magnimar, but quickly shows his curiosity about the party. "Tell me about yourselves, where are you from? What brings you to Sandpoint?" He looks to Valerica. "Surely you must have some wonderful tales from your travels?"


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 12 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 7/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

I'd like to get a scroll of Feather Fall but don't have the gold yet. And also a scroll of Touch of the Sea (non-Core, from APG) if possible.

"Brodert, are these Sinspawn immortal, or at least ageless? If they date back to ancient Varisia - Thassilon - where was this one all that time? Why would it be in Sandpoint now? How could such a vicious beast last so long without coming to a violent end? Was it imprisoned somewhere? Or perhaps someone has rediscovered the method of their creation and this one wasn't that old. I'll see what I can find. Thank you for your help."
----
Wayland accepts the offered horse with a nod. He saddles up and readies his crossbow. He is about to speak in response to Lord Foxglove, then holds his tongue as he sees the noble looking at Valerica.


Inspired Blade 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 | Panache: 5/5 | Initiative: +6 | Perception: +5

"Oh, I see, we're going to be hunting while mounted? I've never actually been on a horse before, but I suppose I've seen it done plenty of times. How hard can it be? Thank you for the opportunity to try something new!"

Kitchel walks around the pony a couple times, deciding on the best way to get on top of it. In the end she scrambles up the side, using the grabbing the stirrups with her hands and pulling herself up. She nearly topples over the other side, but after a solid minute of positioning while the pony steps back and forth nervously, Kitchel is more or less mounted in a standard position and ready to go. "OK, now, how do you convince it to go where you want it to go?

As the hunt begins and the party rides towards the forest Kitchel hears Lord Foxgloves questions, but is spending enough time and effort trying to control her mount that she lets other do the answering for once.


Female CG Ratfolk Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC: 15 Touch: 12 FF: 14 | CMB: 2 CMD: 13 CMD-FF: 12| Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +0 | Init: +1 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +4 Sense Motive: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bloodrage: 6/6 Lab Rat: 1/1 | Active Buffs: None

Tif cautiously mounts the pony, and manages to get it walking alongside Kitchel's.

Concentrating on controlling her mount, she doesn't notice who Aldern is trying to address and answers him, "Well, partly the Swallowtail Festival, and partly talk of the Sandpoint Devil. Kit and I have gone after a few monsters before, so we were keen to try and track it down. And a festival is always good for trade and meeting new people. I'm a bit of a tailor myself, and Kitchel sells alchemical things."


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: none

"Tickwood," Trig muttered to herself. "This place better not live up to its name."

The Gnome stared at the pony. Many Gnomes would have had the ability to talk to such a creature. Trig was not one of those Gnomes. In fact, she was of the mind to stay away from animals in general. Confusion. The frown deepened; Cal was barely tolerated. Looking towards the others, none of them complained. Some seemed excited. With an exasperated sigh she mounted the pony and held on to the reigns with a death grip so that she would not fall off.

"From the sounds of things, Tif, you and Kitchel are way too eager for danger. You, too, Foxglove," Trig states, her eyes sliding his way. "Going hunting for a boar far from town where we're likely to run into Goblins." She ignored his question completely, and didn't seem like she was going to answer it to begin with.

Grand Lodge

F Varisian Ranger 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13, CMD 17 | F +3 R +6 W +2 | Init +6, Perception +6 | FE: Goblinoids +2

”I, ah, haha...it...it is nothing special. Really,” Valerica manages to spit out. The usually serious and stone-faced Varisian that the others may have come to know is lookingvery much out of her element as she tries to look away from Aldern, her cheeks flushed a bit with red. It takes almost all of her willpower to remember that they’re on the hunt for a boar and that she should be looking out for the obvious signs of one...but she chews on her lip, looks back af Aldern and says:

”I’m, ah, here for much the same reason as the ratfolk here. I had thought that, well, hunting down this Sandpoint Devil would help in my training...What I didn’t expect was that raid from those....things.”

She takes a deep breath and sighs as a flash of anger crosses her face, a death grip on her reins of her horse to make sure she doesn’t fall off. ”I’m sorry. Those beasts...they raided my village before. That is why I wish to hunt down stronger enemies and rid them of their place here so others may live without fear.”

A cursory glance can tell you that Valerica is clearly not telling the whole story, but she holds up her ride to fall behind the group some, partly to recompose herself and partly because she’s very embarrassed about saying all of that to Aldern.


Foxglove visibly pales a little at the mention of the Sandpoint Devil, but quickly regains his composure. "Ah, how admirable of you, my dear. 'To defend those who cannot defend themselves is the most noble calling of all,' as it were."

"Well, dear girl," Foxglove says to Trig, and it absolutely is that patronizing. "It's true, but the vermin took me by surprise when I did not have my weapon on me. I dare say that if I'd had a sword things would have been very different."

While he speaks, he continually looks back to Valerica, acting like he's trying to be subtle but failing badly.


Inspired Blade 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 | Panache: 5/5 | Initiative: +6 | Perception: +5

Hearing the noble talk to Trig even Kitchel takes not of the tone and pays a bit more attention. Seeing the glances back to Valerica, who the ratfolk decides must have fallen behind to get some space, Kitchel lets her pony go where it will for a bit. "Oh that's excellent! Because you have your sword with you today, right? That means that we'll get a demonstration of some expert use of it, if we find a boar, I suppose! Mind you, I'm not sure how we're planning on finding a boar, never having been on a boar hunt before. Do we need to spend much effort tracking one down or is there a place you know where they like to gather that we'll be heading to to find them? I wonder if the Tickwood boars are exceptional in some way that makes them worth hunting. Are they particularly tasty? Or do they have tusks that make particularly good trophies? It's a good thing we've got an expert here with us to make this experience so much more informative than it would have been otherwise!"

The ratfolk doesn't look back at Valeria or over at Trig as she prattles on, but hopes that her friends might appreciate the nobles attention elsewhere.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 12 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 7/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Wayland rides along, vaguely amused.
If she's that flustered, does it mean she appreciates the attention? There are worse things than a noble's lifestyle.

He keeps his crossbow ready as he looks for boar.

"Your lordship, is there anyone in town who would have wanted to disrupt the Cathedral consecration? Or just embarrass the town leaders?"


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: none

Trig smiled sweetly at Foxglove. "If that's the case, Sir Foxglove, why are we wasting time on such a little thing as a boar? Kitchel and Tif and, of course, Valerica here are way more interested in the Sandpoint Devil. Why beat around the bush? Surely a master swordsman such as yourself would have no problem slaying such a beast, right, Sir Foxglove? Shouldn't someone of your skill and stature absolutely want to take down the biggest game possible, and leave the measly boars to those of lower skill?"

It absolutely is that patronizing.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 12 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 7/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

"Boar tastes good," says Wayland simply. "Roast it, dress it in wild berries, serve it with a Sargavan red wine. I don't know what Sandpoint Devil tastes like or how you prepare it. Might be poisonous to eat."

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm rides gently along with the group and Ponok follows keeping his senses open for threats.

"I've heard a few stories of this Devil," Edamm says, "but I could not retell them to you now. The caravan would often tell tales around the fire, and usually when we came up this way I would hear such tales."

"Still, Ponok and I would be glad to aid in finding such a beast. We came to Sandpoint to pass a message along to my Varisian cousins. We accomplished this task before the festival and while our cousins may need us to travel again, for now Ponok and I can spare the time for some adventure."

Edamm notes the Lord's attempt at impressing his new friends, especially Valerica, and smiles as they seem to see through his act. She keeps an eye out for Valerica's reaction and comments to Ponok quietly.

"Liniște, Ponok." she says, commanding him to stalk around. "Liderul nostru nobil este probabil în capul lui."

Varisian:
"Silence, Ponok. Our noble leader is probably in over his head."

The command to Ponok is to keep quiet and keep an an eye open.


Foxglove is getting visibly flustered. "Well, I--I--I--I'm not from, uh, I live in Magnimar, I'm only here on business, I don't know--" He makes a noise of disgust. "You don't use a sword to hunt boar, you know! Hmph!" His embarrassment is quickly turning to frustration.

It's not far into the Tickwood that one of his manservants notifies Foxglove of signs of a boar. It is the manservants who are armed with boar-hunting spears, and who go after a boar when it is spotted.

When the men have a squealing boar pinned to the ground, bleeding out, Foxglove draws a knife and finishes the poor creature off. There may be something to be said about making a difficult task look easy, but that really doesn't apply when Foxglove is using a handkerchief to clean his knife while his manservants are covered in sweat and dirt.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 12 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 7/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Wayland had been trying to subtly defend the poor hapless man against Trig's barbs, but sees it was all for naught as Foxglove loses his cool.

Afterwards, he speaks up, "Well done! Thanks for a fine hunt."

It wasn't, really, but that's how Wayland was brought up in Sargava. A noble invites you on a hunt, you do things their way and thank them afterwards. It's just what you do, though he sees his companions have other customs.


Inspired Blade 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 | Panache: 5/5 | Initiative: +6 | Perception: +5

Kitchel watches the hunt with some interest, and when the end comes she's glad, if only for the end of the boars misery.

"Ah, I see, so boar hunting is sort of more like butchery from this end. Yes, of course you won't want to use a sword for that, something much more precise like that knife makes far more sense. Thank you for the lesson! Now I'll have a much better idea what to expect the next time I'm invited along a hunt. I wonder if I should ask Trig to borrow her spear to participate in the other parts of it though. They look like they take a fair amount of skill as well. Now, do you typically just hunt the one, or was that warmup for something bigger that we'll tackle next? It seems like we've got the forces assembled here to do much more!"


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: none

Trig looked towards the others and gauged their responses. She resisted the urge to roll her eyes. However, she did relent, if only because it boo longer seemed sporting. "Perhaps I was too quick to judge," she started, her voice carefully even. "That was rather exciting. Thank you for inviting us, and excellent work all around."

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm dismounts and scratches Ponok behind the ear. Ponok purrs softly and keeps an eye on the boar, not out of fear but rather in hopes getting a share of the prize.

"Not the hunt I was expecting," she says. "I guess the end is the same though. The beast will feed a good number of people back at the town. This will be a grand feast Lord Foxglove."


The return to town is awkward, as Foxglove is silent and visibly irritated. The boar is brought back to the Rusty Dragon, and Ameiko is only too enthusiastic about cooking a massive boar roast. Foxglove leaves not long after the boar is put on a spit to be roasted whole. He does stop a moment to glare at Kitchel, and seems about to say something, but decides against it and leaves.

You returned to town around 2, and it's around 7 that food begins to be served, and folks come out to have some. It isn't a celebration, it's too soon off of the festival and the attack for that, but there are a lot of folks who live on the same road who come in for the meal, drawn in by the smells. The pork is roasted with spices and peppers that give it a wonderful taste and the smell is heavenly.

It is as people are settling in that a man enters the Rusty Dragon's common room. He is tall, and has features very different from the Chelish and Varisian people that make up most of Sandpoint's population. He looks a lot like Ameiko does, actually, with the same almond-shaped eyes and dark hair and general shape of the face, although where Ameiko dresses in a unique mashup of culture, his clothing is far more traditional.

Know Local 10:

This is Lord Lonjiku Kaijitsu, the patriarch of one of the four noble families of Sandpoint. His family owns the Sandpoint Glassworks, which is famous for producing some of the finest glass on the entire continent. He's of the Tien ethnicity, and is generally an unpleasant person.

Know Local 13:

Lord Kaijitsu was always an unpleasant person, but it's only gotten worse since his wife unexpectedly passed away five years ago. His relationship with his daughter Ameiko, which had always been strained by her choice to live the life of an adventurer, got even worse, and they don't speak much.

Ameiko comes out of the kitchen, and what starts as a hushed discussion quickly devolves into an argument in a language none of you know, but it sounds like it's getting rather heated.


Female CG Ratfolk Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC: 15 Touch: 12 FF: 14 | CMB: 2 CMD: 13 CMD-FF: 12| Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +0 | Init: +1 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +4 Sense Motive: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bloodrage: 6/6 Lab Rat: 1/1 | Active Buffs: None

untrained Knowledge local: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Tif chews thoughtfully on a fatty piece of boar and watches the dispute. "Who do you suppose that is?" she asks the others quietly. "Maybe someone who missed out on a choice cut?"


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 12 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 7/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Wayland whispers to the others.
"Lord Lonjiku Kaijitsu. Patriarch of one of the four noble families of Sandpoint; he owns the renowned Sandpoint Glassworks. Tien, if you couldn't tell.
Trig, Kitchel, I can tell you enjoy needling the aristocracy, but be careful here. You could make things worse for Ameiko. You see, Lord Kaijitsu was always an unpleasant person, but it's only gotten worse since his wife unexpectedly passed away five years ago. And he's taken it out on his daughter. He never approved of her adventuring lifestyle, and I'm guessing his wife was a mediating force that is now gone."

Wayland finds a private place (the latrine would do) to use his bonded amulet to cast Comprehend Languages. He's curious about the argument.


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: none

Trig nudged Valerica with her elbow as she sat down next to down next to the Varisian woman. When she spoke, it was in Varisian. "If you plan on pursuing the human mating ritual with that Foxglove man, I'd be careful. It's not wise to trust a man who shows that kind of response to an innocent line of questioning. But I'm not your mother. Do what you want." With that, Trig began eating.

When Ameiko and the Lord begin arguing, the Gnome doesn't think much of it. However, once Wayland drops some knowledge on them she activates her Comprehend Languages spell-like ability and eavesdrops.

Grand Lodge

F Varisian Ranger 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13, CMD 17 | F +3 R +6 W +2 | Init +6, Perception +6 | FE: Goblinoids +2

After the talk she had had during the trip during the hunt, Valerica had seemed somewhat distant after retreating to the rear of the group, not even commenting or paying much attention towards the trophy bagged and brought back, although she DID notice the others needling Foxglove and his...somewhat embarrassing outburst towards the others as well.

She took her seat to begin eating the boar, the smell of which was enticing her even more, as Trig nudged her arm with her little elbow as she turned her head downwards to the gnome and listened to her talk. She sighed and responded back in Varisian as well, "I....appreciate your concerns. In truth, I'm not even sure if I would want some...kind of relationship. I'm not...the most experienced in these kinds of things. The intricacies of nature and the wilderness that roams it, I know that. The intricacies of other people...not so much."

Even during this, she couldn't help but take a bite from her food, and began talking once more while chewing, "My...body feels like it reacts without my acceptance. It has been some time since a man has shown...'interest' in me, so that's probably why." She swallows her food, sighs, and shakes her head. "I'll keep a closer eye on him, though. He certainly didn't impress much during that hunt anyways."

With that, she nodded at Trig in gratitude and continued to shove the meal down her throat. With a few specks of pork on her face, she looked up to see the argument beginning to happen and seems on-edge with how heated it's getting. Even though Wayland mentioned holding back, she was gripping the table somewhat tightly, ready to spring into action to help Ameiko should anything get worse.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm sits down near Valerica and Trig, taking a few bites of the boar. She saves a nice juicy piece to take out to Ponok in a few as she hears Valerica and Trig discussing Lord Foxglove. At the mention of any reaction to Lord Foxglove she tenses and drops the piece of meat she was about to bite.

She quickly grabs the meat and the extra piece for Ponok and makes for the door. As she is about to leave she is passed by the tall man entering and she pauses.

Knowledge (local):
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Lord Kaiitsu at the Rusty Dragon? Jubrayl said to keep my eye out for this kind of thing. There's bad blood between the lord and Ameiko he said. She's been so nice when I've seen her. Hope this isn't trouble.


Inspired Blade 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 | Panache: 5/5 | Initiative: +6 | Perception: +5

"Oh dear, do you think my question were troublesome to him? I learned so much and I know that often expressing interest in someone's hobby can be something they appreciate. Not this time though? Ah well, I'll try to make it up to him the next time we interact! And we did get this lovely feast out of it."

When Ameiko and her father start their confrontation Kitchel listens to Wayland's explanation and shrugs. There's enough else to pay attention to that she's not bothered by a family argument for now. She savors her meal and takes in as many simultaneous nearby conversations that she can understand as possible.


Female CG Ratfolk Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC: 15 Touch: 12 FF: 14 | CMB: 2 CMD: 13 CMD-FF: 12| Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +0 | Init: +1 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +4 Sense Motive: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bloodrage: 6/6 Lab Rat: 1/1 | Active Buffs: None

Sense Motive : 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

Tif looks around the room, looking at the locals' reaction to the argument to see if they are surprised at all. "It does seem rather heated. Do you think they argue like this often? I was hoping for a quiet evening."


Wayland and Trig are both able to understand the conversation, which is starting to get louder.

"--make a fool of me!" Lord Kaijutsu says. "You need to learn your place!"

"My place is here, father, as I've told you before, and I am not leaving!"

"You should show more respect to your father! Without me you would not exist in this world!"

"Damn you! You can take your filial piety b*%~+#!+ and shove it up your ass!" Ameiko gesticulates with the hand holding her ladle. "Go ahead, disown me if you like, just like you did my brother. Go ahead, I don't give a damn where you go, you can be sad and lonely until you die, old man."

Crack! The sound came as Lord Kaijutsu backhanded Ameiko, and the room falls dead silent.

After a moment of quiet disbelief, Ameiko comes to her senses, and smacks her father with the wooden spoon so hard that you can hear it start to splinter, and he goes lurching back into one of the patrons.

"Get out of my bar before I call the sheriff," Ameiko says in the common tongue.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 12 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 7/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Wayland goes back to his dinner, eating some more boar and sipping his drink as if nothing had happened.

He got off on the wrong foot with Ameiko, and is pretty sure doing anything here would just make things worse. But he resolves to figure out what is going on...

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm winces at the slap and moves slightly to be ready to step in. Then seeing Ameiko's response, and calm demeanor, Edamm pauses to wait and see what Lord Kaijitsu does next.

I shouldn't get involved in family bickering, as Jubrayl said stay out of it, but I'd like to see Ameiko as a friend. Perhaps this will end with a simple scolding. I hope so.

Edamm holds her place near the door and waits to see what else happens.


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: none

Trig only nods in response to Valerica's response, and continues eating.

Upon hearing the argument, she scowls. "Psh. Family. Always better to choose your family." Trig whispered, not really directing it at anyone in particular, and keeps her voice low. "And just in case I have to remind any of you, it's rude to get involved in someone's family business." The gnome held up her fork at that, looking her companions in the eye as she held the utensil towards them.

Grand Lodge

F Varisian Ranger 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13, CMD 17 | F +3 R +6 W +2 | Init +6, Perception +6 | FE: Goblinoids +2

Not listening to Trig’s pointed words of staying out of the situation, Valerica immediately got up and went to stand in between the father and daughter before it could get even more out of hand. ”No need to call the Sheriff, Ameiko. I can get him out of here.”” she said, with the anger in her voice rising. She glared directly in Lonjiku’s eyes as she marched her way forward, ready to grab him and throw him out of the bar.

Intimidation: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Unfortunately, she seemed on the verge of emotions as well and somewhat stumbled forward instead of moving forward menacingly.


Female CG Ratfolk Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC: 15 Touch: 12 FF: 14 | CMB: 2 CMD: 13 CMD-FF: 12| Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +0 | Init: +1 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +4 Sense Motive: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bloodrage: 6/6 Lab Rat: 1/1 | Active Buffs: None

When the blows happen, Tif stands up and moves closer, hand on weapon and ready to intervene if required.


Inspired Blade 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 | Panache: 5/5 | Initiative: +6 | Perception: +5

Kitchel's attention to the other conversations in the room dwindles as the argument increases in intensity. When Valerica stands and moves to confront Lord Kaijitsu, Kitchel moves quickly to her side and is there to help catch her as she stumbles. "Friend Valerica, Ameiko is demonstrating to her sire that she doesn't need the help of others. I know that you mean well here, but she's already shown that she can bite back when someone nips her. If you humans are anything like my people, this is a matter of pride for her and we should let her claim her territory and power from the generation before without help. We'll just make her look weak if we do the work for her."

The ratfolk them sticks out the shank of meat she's been gnawing on to Valerica to give her something else to do should she need a way to transition in a gesture which in no way translates to human culture.


Lord Kaijutsu sneers at Valerica and spits on the floor. To Ameiko, he says in Minkaian, "You're as dead to me as your mother." He slinks away, and as he steps out of the bar, a patron entering shoulder-checks him in passing.

The tension is thick in the air, and Ameiko seems on the verge of tears before she smacks herself lightly on the cheek. She pushes the hair out of her face, and says, "Right. Gonna be needing a clean spoon--jackass stew's not on the menu." There's some laughs and cheers, more to break the tension than anything else, and the bar settles back into normalcy.

Ameiko nods at Valerica and smiles weakly at Tif. "Thanks. If nothin' else, I appreciate the thought."

The innkeeper looks to the woman who entered as Lord Kaijutsu left and acknowledges her with a nod. The woman is obviously elven, quite tall, and wears a green cloak. Ameiko returns to the kitchen, and the elf steps up to your table. "You the ones that killed the goblins the other day? Sorry I couldn't be there to join in. I'm Shalelu Androsani, I'm something of a goblin hunter in these parts."

Grand Lodge

F Varisian Ranger 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13, CMD 17 | F +3 R +6 W +2 | Init +6, Perception +6 | FE: Goblinoids +2

Valerica threw a glare at Kitchel, although it definitely did not have much impact, seeing as her heart was not into it. Her anger was fading rapidly, and as soon as Lonjiku left the building, she decided to grab the shank of meat from Kitchel anyways and took a bite out of it, not really caring about manners or that it was the ratfolk's own food beforehand.

She then looked to Ameiko after the bar settled back down and sighed, responding with, "...Sorry if I was out of place there. I just don't like a+!@@#% fathers much." She then somberly nodded and sat back down with her companions, still with Kitchel's meat in her hands.

When the elf arrived, Valerica's ears perked up at the words 'goblin hunter' and immediately looked at her. "A goblin hunter?" she questioned, looking her over. "Yeah, that's us. Whaddya need? Help with goblins? I'd love to go hunt some of those bastards down."


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 12 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 7/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

"I didn't like him either, Valerica." Though I think Kitchel's point about pride was well stated.
---
"Yes, Shalelu, that was us. We don't know the rationale for their attack, and in particular why they would attack in the daylight. Have you heard anything?"


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: none

Trig pursed her lips as Valerica stood and Kitchel followed, but said nothing. She looked at her food, head down, but kept her eyes on the duo. Even as they returned, Trig ate her boar, remaining silent. Hunger. The Gnome clicked her tongue. Hunger still wasn't an emotion.

When the goblin hunter asked them who they were, Trig answered with a non-commital grunt through a mouthful of boar despite Valerica and Wayland's affirmations.


Female CG Ratfolk Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC: 15 Touch: 12 FF: 14 | CMB: 2 CMD: 13 CMD-FF: 12| Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +0 | Init: +1 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +4 Sense Motive: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bloodrage: 6/6 Lab Rat: 1/1 | Active Buffs: None

Tif nods, satisfied that Ameiko has things sorted, and returns to the table.

--

"I'm Tif and this is Kitchel." Tif introduces herself. "I think it was Wayland here who noticed at the attack that there goblins from a bunch of different tribes. Don't suppose you've heard about anyone uniting them?"


Inspired Blade 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 | Panache: 5/5 | Initiative: +6 | Perception: +5

Kitchel nods as she is introduced, busily working on the replacement chunk of boar meat she's found to replace the one that was passed to Valerica.


The ranger smiles at Valerica. "I appreciate your enthusiasm, and I might yet take you up on that." Shalelu takes a seat and pulls her hood down. "So, you noticed there were multiple tribes. Well-spotted. I've spent the last few years of my life hunting goblins in the region, but they're tenacious and fecund little rodents--like weeds that bite. I came across a small war party yesterday that had already been beat up a fair bit. Chatty group, I listened to them for a little while, and they were talking about the raid here in Sandpoint, and about the 'longshanks and little people' who killed no small number. Now that we've met, I can recognize you from their descriptions. It seems you've already made quite an impression.

"There's five major goblin tribes in this region. Usually their petty squabbling keeps any one from getting too big for their britches. Yet from the group I encountered, they were from the Mosswood Tribe, and what the sheriff's told me, goblins from all five tribes participated in the raid. It's frankly disturbing, and here's why: goblins only work together when they're forced to by something stronger. Usually, that's their chiefs. But to get all five tribes working together on a plan like this, that needs a big boss, and I can't help the feeling that this was only the start of our troubles."

Shalelu sighs and produces a long and thin tobacco pipe capped with metal. As she packs the bowl and lights it, she says, "Usually, I only come back to Sandpoint once every few months, but this was...an extreme circumstance."


Inspired Blade 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 | Panache: 5/5 | Initiative: +6 | Perception: +5

Kitchel gnaws at her meat as Shalelu speaks, waiting until she's done to pipe up. "I don't know if the sheriff would have mentioned it or not given how much else there was to go over just from the attacks and the tribes and all, but we did find evidence that the goblins seemed to target the boneyard, and Father Tobyn's remains in particular. They were missing when we arrived and there were some signs of necromancy, either from an item or a necromancer them self, as well as a larger humanoid, probably around human sized, who seemed to be working with the goblins on that particular task. I don't suppose those would lead to any obvious connections that you might know of given your familiarity with both the goblins tribes and the region in general which we lack? We found it fascinating, but not so informative at the time."


Female CG Ratfolk Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC: 15 Touch: 12 FF: 14 | CMB: 2 CMD: 13 CMD-FF: 12| Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +0 | Init: +1 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +4 Sense Motive: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bloodrage: 6/6 Lab Rat: 1/1 | Active Buffs: None

Tif nods along as Kitchel talks. "Yes, if that suggests any particular tribe to you, then we could search for this big boss there. Or I guess if we could track down the chief of any of the tribes, they might reveal where their boss is."


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 12 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 7/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

"Yes, and we heard from the sheriff that a goblin mentioned a 'longshanks' commander. I have a suspicion that this 'big boss' knows Sandpoint quite well. Between the timing of the attack to disrupt the consecration of the cathedral, and the theft of Father Tobyn's remains, the motivation is either personal or sacrilegious. We need to find this commander, and soon."


Shalelu listens carefully to what everyone has to say. In response to Tif, she says, "All goblins hate humans--well, they hate and fear anything bigger than them, which is most people. There's a couple tribes that I think we can rule out as ringleaders, though. The closest tribe to Sandpoint is the Birdcruncher Tribe, they make their home on the plateau to the east, but they're usually less aggressive. The Mosswood tribe is the largest, but tend to have issues with internal feuding. That leaves the Licktoads of Brinestump Marsh to the south, the Seven Tooth goblins to the east, and the Thistletop tribe to the northeast."

She taps the tip of her pipe against her teeth as she thinks. "Necromancy and grave robbery. And stealing the bones of the old priest? This is just getting worse and worse."

Shalelu considers Wayland's words and nods. "You're right. You're not from around here, right? I can respect a person that'll step up even for a stranger; reminds me of my adventuring days."


Inspired Blade 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 | Panache: 5/5 | Initiative: +6 | Perception: +5

Kitchels ears twitch slightly as she listens, soaking in the information, and then she nods. "The goblins claimed that they didn't need to sneak in and just came in the main gate, so someone on the inside working with them makes sense. So if we want answers our best options are probably to make our way to the camp of one of those three tribes and do some snooping around or to dig around town and see if we can't sniff out any connections here. Sandpoint's a big enough town that we'd get noticed quickly if we're asking around and the goblin's contact could probably go to ground before we got to them, so the more direct, if not necessarily safer, approach is probably to try to start with the goblins."

Kitchel looks around at the group, her small eyes bright with excitement but apparently none of the worry for danger that should be present. "So who here fancies a raid on a goblin encampment?"


Female CG Ratfolk Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC: 15 Touch: 12 FF: 14 | CMB: 2 CMD: 13 CMD-FF: 12| Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +0 | Init: +1 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +4 Sense Motive: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bloodrage: 6/6 Lab Rat: 1/1 | Active Buffs: None

Tif nods. "Yes. We could also say we're exploring that old tower if we want to avoid alerting any contact in town."


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: none

"What it sounds like, is that we came to Sandpoint at the wrong time," Trig said with a scowl. She took what was left one her plate, a few scraps of meat, and dumped it into her bag. The empty plate was returned to the table. "It sounds like someone is going to war with Sandpoint is at war and no one knows. Is that something you all really want to be involved with? I do have to be the voice of reason and point out that one of us or all of us could die, and I can't heal that."


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 12 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 7/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

"You got something more important to be doing, Trig?" The wizard's drawl isn't annoyed, just nonchalant.

Wayland nods to Shalelu. "I'm from Sargava, ma'am. I came here to dig up some Thassilonian ruins as part of joining the Pathfinder Society, but I do love a good mystery. And I have to say it feels good to help these folks if I can."

"Sounds good Kitchel. I'm with you."


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: none

"Surviving. Not picking fights that have nothing to do with me. Looking out for you fools who decide to run off into danger at the slightest provocation . Minding my own business. Surviving." Trig rattled off reasons as her scowl deepened.

"But sure, fine, go do what you want. Someone has to follow you people so you don't get in over your head. Can't trust anyone else to do it so it might as well be me."

301 to 350 of 586 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM TheSilverDreamer's Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.