GM TheSilverDreamer's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master TheSilverDreamer

Battle Map | Sandpoint and Outskirts | Lootsheet


601 to 650 of 656 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Half elf Male Half Elf Fighter 19 AC , touch 12, flat-footed 17 HP 7/17, Initiative +2

He moved the moment the doors were closed and braced himself against them. (if the door opened out, if not he would move to the door and do the best he could to pull the door torwards him 'barring' it)

"Start going if we are going..What's a flaming Quasit?"


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

Morgrym quickly shoulders off his pack, and digs through one of the sacks in it coming up with an iron spike and small hammer.

You want it jammed, I think this will help

He then goes forward to try and jam the door shut.

No idea what that is. was it on fire?


The wooden door opens out of the chamber. Calin moves quickly to hold the door and Morgrym is able to spike it shut. The door is wooden but reinforced with iron strips, so it's quite strong. You can hear the tiny demon shrieking indignantly, and a few moments later, there's a shriek from another source, a deeper screech coming from a significantly larger source. Something slams against the door, and the noises suggest that it's trying to hack at the door, but the doors hold for the moment.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

"It summoned something? Let's get out of here before whatever it was breaks through.
We need to get back to town and find gear specifically to defeat invisible foes. Maybe we can sell some of what we have found here.
Calin, a quasit is a minor demon. Weak, but clever, with magical abilities."

Selling the MW handaxe would give us enough for a Scroll of See Invisibility. And we had enough coin already to get a couple scrolls of Faerie Fire. Don't think we have to sell the magic longsword, although we could.
Let's get back to town and then back here again as soon as possible.


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: Bless (2 mins)

"I am with Wayland on this one. Let's get out of here. Sooner, rather than later." Trig said with a nod, eyeing the door nervously.

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm points back the way they came.

"I can't say I like running back," Edamm whispers. " but I also can't say I know how best to handle an invisible foe. Wayland seems to know what this thing is, I'm willing to listen to him. Ponok and I will keep watch over the rear if Morgrym and Calin would lead us out."

Edamm waits for the others to head out and keeps her eyes glued to the door in the meantime.

Edamm will let the other head out, then keep about 20 feet behind as she and Ponok follows them.


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

Morgrym shoulders his pack again, and picks up his bow.

Lead you out, aye I can be doing that

He tucks his bow away, and starts to hustle back the way he came from.
Need to prep for invisible, how to deal with invisible.

He keeps a wary eye out as he leads back towards the glassworks at the hustle.


Male Half elf Male Half Elf Fighter 19 AC , touch 12, flat-footed 17 HP 7/17, Initiative +2

Following after the stout dwarven warpriest he would of course make sure to pause at everyturn until he could see miss Edamm and Ponok. When he confirmed visual on them he would hustle forward to the others until they were clear of the dangerous place.


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

Morgrym pauses for a little bit after each corner to ensure that Calin starts to move towards him.

Cannot be outrunning all the others


Your retreat from the dungeon is underscored by the sounds of something wailing on the sealed door, which only begins to fade as you head back up the tunnel towards the Glassworks.

It's not hard to sell the masterwork handaxe, and the Feathered Serpent is the place for magic items. The gnomish proprieter immediately tries to ply you with trinkets and baubles and seems a bit put out when Wayland knows exactly what he is looking for. Nevertheless, the scrolls requested contain common spells, and he is able to produce them with a little rummaging beneath the counter.

The whole trip, from and back again, takes a little over an hour.

You encounter no resistance as you make your way back through the catacombs towards the cathedral. It's quiet. The door Morgrym spiked shut has been broken open once again by a determined assault, and though the doors have been propped up again, there's still a hole big enough to look into the room.

There are now not one but two sinspawn in the chamber. Neither are armored quite like the aberration that was in the entryway, but they do both have sharp ranseurs. On the other hand, the tiny demon is nowhere in sight.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Wayland gives the scrolls of Faerie Fire to Edamm, one scroll of Protection from Evil to Morgrym, and one scroll of Protection from Evil to Trig. He keeps the See Invisibility.

He moves back along the corridor, out of sight of the room.

"TWO of those things. Any ideas? Those polearms will be a challenge.
Block their path with one of us using Protection from Evil and Total Defense, and the rest in back use ranged attacks?
Lure them into a place where we can flank them?"


Male Human Investigator 2 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | HP 16/19 | F +2 R +5 W +3| Init +2 | Perc +8/+9 vs Traps

Lazur nods to Wayland, "That sounds like a plan. I can use my bow. We should unstick the door first so we can get in the doorway."


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

Lure them out to deal with one at a time, seems the best course.

Morgrym moves up and gets ready to knock the spike loose.

Will cast prot evil first, then knock the spike loose, drop the hammer, then pick up my axe


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: Bless (2 mins)

Once Morgrym was in position, Trig raised her hand. "We have a plan, and that makes me feel better about the whole thing, but let me try to stack things more in our favor." Raising her hand, Trig's hair began to shine and shimmer cast Bless, and a wave of energy moved from her hand and passed through her allies.

"As you will, Dwarf."


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

"No spike to worry about. Get set, make some noise, and I think those nasties will come for us."

"If things get hairy you can fall back and I can hit them with Burning Hands."

Wayland loads his crossbow and gets into position.
I put everybody else in a position that I think makes sense. Not sure about Ponok.
Also hoping that by choosing to start combat we can get the initiative to either ready actions or use Total Defense or whatever so we are not getting attacked flat-footed.

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm puts her hand on Ponok to comfort him.

"Atenție, Ponok." Edamm says softly. "Atentie."

Varisian:
"Look out, Ponok."

Handle Animal:
Defend DC 25: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Edamm holds her bow ready, hoping that Ponok will watch her back like she asks. From his less than attentive posture, she's not confident he's really listening. She checks that the scrolls Wayland gave her are easily at hand, should she need them.


Male Human Investigator 2 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | HP 16/19 | F +2 R +5 W +3| Init +2 | Perc +8/+9 vs Traps

Lazur looks over the preperations and says, "Let's do this!" shortbow in hand.


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

Lets do this then.

Quickly reading the scroll, he then takes a deep breath, then Morgrym hammers the door aside with his axe, and then steps back to a guarded position flips his shield up, and waits for the uglies to come to him.

if chance for AOO:

AOO: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 7
BAB, STR, Bless, fighting defencively
damage: 1d10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 1 = 13
Base, STR, Bless

Go figure, max damage on the hit, but couldn't hit the broad side of a barn while standing in it due to the RNG. :(

Prot Evil 20/20, AC 18 (15 Base, Fighting Defencively, shield) HP 20/20


Male Half elf Male Half Elf Fighter 19 AC , touch 12, flat-footed 17 HP 7/17, Initiative +2

He moved to the opposite side of Morgrym ready with the magical longsword found off the weird goblin. The sword felt weird in his hands, just the idea that something might cost so much and be his...It was a fine blade though, and whatever that Quasit thing was the blade might help in sending it to whatever nasty placed spawned it.

He set himself into position and readied himself behind his shield.

total defense this round, AC should be 23 this round


GM Screen:

charge vs Morgrym: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

charge vs Tristan: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

The door slams open and the Sinspawn whip around and shriek at the sight of you. Frothing at the mouth they charge straight at the defenders. One goes low and claws at Tristan, but Tristan nimbly dodges. Morgrym tries to attack the monster as it rushes in but just misses. The other goes high, jabbing at the Morgrym with its ranseur, but he parries the blow.

Party is up.


Male Human Investigator 2 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | HP 16/19 | F +2 R +5 W +3| Init +2 | Perc +8/+9 vs Traps

Lazur fires his bow at the sinspawn on Tristan.

Shortbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Prescience 4 of 7: 1d20 ⇒ 20 Nice!

Wayland sees a vision of the future in which he makes the perfect throw. He trusts in that vision, and draws and hurls his bolas at the Sinspawn up front.
Using the nat-20 from Prescience for an auto-success - despite the huge penalties on the attack roll!


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Tripping the Sinspawn, obviously - no point using the bolas and a nat 20 for damage.

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Edamm watches as her companions work to deal with the sinspawns that have rushed forward. She holds the scroll in her hands, prepared to try to target the quasit when it becomes visible. She points briefly pass Calin and commands Ponok to give him some support. Then she moves behind Calin trying to keep as much of the room in view while letting others have room to aid in the fight.

"Durere, Ponok." she commands as she points at the sinspawn to the rear.

Ponok leaps forward, weaving his way around Morgrym to get into a position to assault the second sinspawn while trying to avoid any attacks from the first sinspawn.

Acrobatics:
Ponok: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Ponok Attack:
  • Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
  • Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
  • Trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Well, it seems Ponok's luck may be running out. Maybe he's upset with me for going on vacation without him.

Free action to command Ponok, Move action to get into position, Standard action to Ready an action (cast fairie fire from the scroll if the quasit become visible). Ponok uses a move action to get into position, using acrobatics to avoid AOOs (and failing), then attacking the other sinspawn (and failing that as well).


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

They did charge, which hurts their AC (and therefore also their CMD), so the 16 Acrobatics might beat their CMD.


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: Bless (2 mins)

Running forward, passing behind Lazur, Trig spoke a few magic words and tagged Calin on the back of the leg. Silently, she prayed the spawn wouldn't sidestep and go after her, as small and tempting a target she could be.

Everyone: Bless (+1 to attack rolls and vs fear)

Calin: Guidance (+1 to any one d20 roll within the next minute)

Edamm & Lazur: Life Link


Male Half elf Male Half Elf Fighter 19 AC , touch 12, flat-footed 17 HP 7/17, Initiative +2

He was glad he prepared himself for their wild charge and a slight smile came to his face as the bolas wrapped about the creatures legs and brought it to the ground.

"Great shot!"

He called out as he brought the magic blade down on the tripped up monster carefully making sure to keep his defenses up.

Combat expertise attack on a prone foe: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 1 = 6
damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

Morgrym slipping the Ranseur head over his shoulder with his own axe head, looks at the creature in front of him.

I have seen goblins that looked better than these

He then taps himself on the breastplate as he transfer some of Torags energy to himself.

tightening up his grip, he then swings at the creature while keeping himself standing in a defensive stance.

Got to keep this thing tied up

attack: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 12
BAB, STR, Bless, Fighting Defensive
damage: 1d10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6
Base, STR, Bless

Protection from Evil 19/20, Sheild of Faith 20/20, AC 21 (15 Base, Shield, Fighting Defensive, Shield of Faith, HP 20

Sigh, another horrible roll


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

The lead Sinspawn has -2 AC from charging AND -4 AC (vs melee) for being prone, so Morgrym probably hit. Maybe not Calin though.


GM Screen:

blue: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

red: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Lazur's shot goes wide. Edamm commands Ponok, and Ponok slips in past the defenses of the creatures; goes after the rear sinspawn, clamps down on its leg, and drags it to the ground. In the following moment, Wayland's bolas snap around the legs of the other sinspawn and sends it to the ground.

Calin's wide overhead stroke is amateurish and unpracticed, and yet, off-balance from its charge, thrown to the ground, distracted by Ponok, and suffering tunnel vision as a result of its battle-rage, the blade is buried in the Sinspawn's back, and it shrieks in pain. Morgrym follows up with a blow from his axe that hits home.

The sinspawn that has been surrounded flails in Calin's direction but can't land a hit. The sinspawn on Ponok's other side scrambles to its feet, steps back, and jabs at Ponok with its ranseur but misses.

Meanwhile...

Up on the altar, the quasit appears as she finishes an incantation, and in a burst of magic, a vicious-looking jackal appears in the middle of the room, snarling and snorting, waiting for somebody to try and get past it.

As soon as the quasit appears, Edamm acts, reading from the scroll, throwing out a hand, and the scroll burns up as a flame traces the quasit, marking it clearly.

Status: Blue Sinspawn -14, prone
Red Sinspawn -5
Erylium Faerie-Fired
Ponok got an attack of opportunity when the sinspawn stood up, party is up


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Wayland uses Total Defense, as there is not much he can do right now. He stands ready to help with his Protection from Evil spell on an ally if needed.


Male Human Investigator 2 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | HP 16/19 | F +2 R +5 W +3| Init +2 | Perc +8/+9 vs Traps

Lazur takes aim at the standing sinspawn with his next shot.

Shortbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Shortbow crit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Ponok stikres back at the sinspawn that is threatening him as it stands.

Ponok AOO:
  • bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
  • Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
  • No bite as you cannot trip a prone character.

As the fight continues Ponok returns to attack the target he was told to focus on, trying to end the threat it poses to Edamm's companions.

Ponok:
  • bite: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
  • Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
  • No bite as you cannot trip a prone character.
  • 1st Claw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
  • Damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
  • 2nd Claw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
  • Damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

After the AOO, Ponok continues to attack the Blue Sinspawn. Edamm is going to wait until Calin and/or Morgrym to see if they drop the Blue Sinspawn. If (when?) they do, see spoiler below.

When Blue Sinspawn falls:
Edamm shouts for Ponok to shift his focus to the sinspawn behind him.

"Inconjura, Ponok" she says as she points to the the target. She then moves to try and get around the monster and avoid it's claws as well. She doesn't anticipate the obstacles that both Calin and Ponok pose though, and makes little progress forward.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

This should put Edamm in the space next to Ponok where the Blue Sinspawn just was.


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

Oh the opportunities, Torag don't fail me now

attack of opp: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 2 + 1 + 4 = 18
BAB, STR, Bless, Target Prone
damage: 1d10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10

If blue stays down, will move up, otherwise, will attack blue again.

Axing a question: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 8
BAB, STR, Bless
damage: 1d10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

Sigh, crappy main attack roll. :(


Male Half elf Male Half Elf Fighter 19 AC , touch 12, flat-footed 17 HP 7/17, Initiative +2

He breath came out ragged a mixture of shock that he hit and horror that he had hit and so hard and the thing still moved. He pulled back and brought the blade down again into the sinspawn before with a slight unsure yell he half hopped over its carcass and he tried to dart by the other sin spawn to not keep the hallway blocked.

prone blessed attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15
damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9

Acrobatics to slip by red: 1d20 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (10) + 2 - 3 = 9


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: Bless (2 mins)

Taking a five foot step, Trig hesitantly spoke her words of magic and reached out to tough Morgrym. Ganging up on one was really proving to be a winning strategy, but she had to contribute somehow.

Everyone: Bless (+1 to attack rolls and vs fear)

Calin & Morgrym: Guidance (+1 to any one d20 roll within the next minute)

Edamm & Lazur: Life Link


GM Screen:

sinspawn AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

jackal, flank: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

sinspawn bite, flank: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

erylium rtouch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

ray of enfeeblement: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Lazur calmly nocks an arrow and shoots despite everything in the way and the arrow strikes home in the sinspawn's shoulder.

Ponok lashes out as one sinspawn stands, taking a big bite out of it, and then whirls on the one still prone on the ground. His bite misses, but his claws tear into its flesh, setting up Morgrym, who misses, then Calin, who does not, and his sword cleaves into the aberration's neck, killing it.

Calin rounds the sinspawn and just dodges its attack as he does so.

The quasit shrieks in alarm as her invisibility is rendered powerless, and casts another spell. A violet ray bursts from her hand and strikes Calin, and he feels the strength leaking out of his body.

Calin takes a -7 penalty to his Str score for 3 rounds, or a -3 penalty if he makes a Fort save DC 13

The summoned jackal moves to flank Calin with the remaining sinspawn and both attack, and the sinspawn bites Calin in the arm with its distorted maw.

Calin takes 4 damage

Status:

Calin 13/17, str penalty (3 rounds)
Sinspawn (Blue) DEAD
Sinspawn (Red) -12
Erylium Faerie-Fire'd

Party is up


Male Half elf Male Half Elf Fighter 19 AC , touch 12, flat-footed 17 HP 7/17, Initiative +2

fort save DC 13: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

"Gah what devilry is this!"

He called out just before he yelp in pain the creature getting its teeth into his arm. He slashed out at the Sinspawn weakly sidestepping away from the Jackal and flanking the sinspawn with the valiant Ponok. He chose to ignore the flapping thing despite its use of magic on him instead he focused on keeping his shield active hopefully keeping the jackal and sinspawn at bay.

flank,bless,guidance,combat expertise,: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 1 = 19
damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 - 2 = 6

With combat expertise AC goes up to 20


Male Human Investigator 2 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | HP 16/19 | F +2 R +5 W +3| Init +2 | Perc +8/+9 vs Traps

Seeing Calin in trouble with two opponents on him, Lazur fires at the sinspawn remaining.

Shortbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

Two separate actions sets, depending on if the sinspawn is dropped by Calin and Lazur. I moved on the map based on the second option as I feel it is the more likely to happen. If I am wrong I can move back.

If Red Sinspawn Remains:
Edamm pauses, waiting for Ponok to tear in the sinspawn. Ponok continues his assault.

  • Bite: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
  • Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
  • Trip: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
  • Claw 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
  • Damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
  • Claw 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
  • Damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

If Red Sinspawn Dies:
Edamm motions towards the jackal and shouts a command.

"Inconjura! Ponok, Inconjura!" she says, then prepares to follow him into the room.

Ponok leaps forward and circles the jackal carefully and then bites at the beast. Edamm moves in behind Ponok and takes advantage of the distracted jackal.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 Moving around at half speed to avoid AOOs.

  • Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
  • Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
  • Trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

  • Shortsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
  • Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

As he moves up, he Watches that violet beam strike Calin.

He then slides into a spot on Red that is opposite Edamm.

Calin, you, still good

He then starts assaulting Red.

Assaulting Red: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 24
BAB, STR, Bless, Flank, Guidance
damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Base, str


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

Pretty sure the Red sinspawn is dead too by now, and maybe also the jackal.

"Fear not Calin, it will wear off soon!"

Wayland moves up and picks up his bolas. Wayland is right where the Blue Sinspawn had been, and that's the one he had tripped.


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: Bless (2 mins)

"Do you have a shot on the demon thing?" Trig asked, looking at Lazur. "Best to take it out before it does more magic." She reached out and tagged Lazur on his side, casting Guidance once more.

Everyone: Bless (+1 to attack rolls and vs fear)

Lazur: Guidance (+1 to any one d20 roll within the next minute)

Edamm & Lazur: Life Link


The sinspawn is actually still standing, barely.[ooc]

GM Screen:

red vs Calin: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

jackal vs Calin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

The sinspawn comes under the combined assault of the party, and by the end of it, still has the strength to remain standing. It lunges at Calin again, consumed by battle-rage, and bites him again. [Ooc]Calin takes 6 damage

The tiny demon raises her arms and chants prayers to Lamashtu as she begins to cast another spell.


M Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMD 13 | F+2 R +2 W +3 | Init +7, Perception +1 (Forewarned) | Prescience 3/7 | Bonded Spell 1/1

@GM, can you double-check that?
The attacks on Red were:
Calin hits AC 19 for 6 damage
Lazur hits AC 17 for 4 damage
In Edamm's spoiler, Ponok hits AC 19 for 4, hits CMD 23 for trip, then hits AC 26 for 2.
Then Morgrym hits AC 24 for 6.
That's 22 damage if all hit, so maybe it is still up, but it should be tripped.


Male Human Investigator 2 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | HP 16/19 | F +2 R +5 W +3| Init +2 | Perc +8/+9 vs Traps

Lazur nods and says "Sure thing!" and fires at the tiny demon.

Shortbow: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 20 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Male
daily Use:
,(Blessings (War Mind) 4/4), (Fervour 4/4 (heals d6)
Dwarf Warpriest 2 (Arsenault Chaplain)
Normal Stuff:
(HP20/20),(AC 16/15, T 10, FF 16/15(W/WO Shield) +4 vs Giant Subtype),(Saves F6,R0,W6 +4 vs Spell,SLA, +2 vs Poison),(CMB 3, CMD 13),Init 0, Perception 5 +2 vs Stonework

Seeing that the creature is still up, Morgrym continues his hacking.

Hey you, pick on someone your own size

Hacking on Red: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 26
BAB, STR, Bless, Flank
damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Base, str

confirm crit: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 22
BAB, STR, Bless, Flank
extra damage: 2d10 + 4 ⇒ (10, 7) + 4 = 21
(Base, str)x2


Female Gnome Shaman 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +0, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9 (+11 w/Cal) [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: Bless (2 mins)

Trig took a five foot step and tagged Edamm next, saying a few magic words and casting Guidance on her as well.


Male Half elf Male Half Elf Fighter 19 AC , touch 12, flat-footed 17 HP 7/17, Initiative +2

He watched as Morgrym stepped up and promptly slammed his Axe into the barely alive Sinspawn. That threat dealt with he turned around and, ignoring the Jackal he moved to get closer to the creature.

Double move to get closer to the Quasit.

Grand Lodge

F Kellid Patient Ambusher 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12, CMD 15 | F +4, R +6, W +2 | Init. +3, Perc. +10 (+11 vs. traps)

If Sinspawn Dies:
Edamm moves up next to Ponok, points to the quasit and issues a command. Before he can head forward, she chants a quick incantation and touches Ponok's shoulder sending a gentle glow around to his jawline.

"Inconjura!" she shouts.

Ponok moves carefully past the jackal and then breaks into a charge for the far side of the quasit.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Edamm command Ponok to flank the quasit, then casts Magic Fang. Ponok uses acrobatics to move past the jackal and flanks with Calin.

If Sinspawn Doesn't Die:
Ponok moves into position to continue the assault on the sinspawn.

Bite: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Trip: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Claw 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Claw 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Edamm pauses, waiting for a chance to move further into the room.

[ooc]Ponok steps into a flank with Morgrym and full attacks. Edamm will move into the room, assuming the sinspawn is no longer in the way.

I am not moving the tokens for now. I will move them once I know which option happens.

601 to 650 of 656 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM TheSilverDreamer's Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.