Children of the Gods: A Scarred Lands Adventure

Game Master Sebecloki

Oasis of Khaldun

Children of the Gods: Battlemaps


151 to 200 of 261 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Female Fox Oracle 5/Kyubi Paragon 5 Eldritch Godling 10 Archmage 5 | HP 123/123 | AC:32 T:23 Fl:23 | CMB: +7 CMD: 22 | F +16 R +15 W +19 | Init +8 | Perc: +24 Sense Motive +22
Spells:
Oracle: 1st 8/9 2nd 8/8 3rd 8/8 4th 6/6 | Sorcerer: 1st 8/8 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 4/4
Other resources:
Mythic Power 12/13 | Chakra 9/9 | Shapeshift 10/10 | Effort 2/2

Did the corpse respond to Silvertail's question before we go? Not that I don't think we can just break through the barrier on our own, but no sense doing work we don't have to.


Female Swanmay Angel Eldritch Godling 10/Radiant 10

"If we are going to potentially battle a dragon, it might be a good idea to find a safe place for the caravan. Preferably far away from the fighting." Dhaunae says, as her fellow godlings discuss seeking otu Jailry.


Female Fox Oracle 5/Kyubi Paragon 5 Eldritch Godling 10 Archmage 5 | HP 123/123 | AC:32 T:23 Fl:23 | CMB: +7 CMD: 22 | F +16 R +15 W +19 | Init +8 | Perc: +24 Sense Motive +22
Spells:
Oracle: 1st 8/9 2nd 8/8 3rd 8/8 4th 6/6 | Sorcerer: 1st 8/8 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 4/4
Other resources:
Mythic Power 12/13 | Chakra 9/9 | Shapeshift 10/10 | Effort 2/2

"I think distance will be about all the safety we can offer in the desert here," Silvertail says airily, with a toss of her tails.


|| Oasis of Khaldun || || Children of the Gods: Battlemaps ||
Silvertail, Queen of Foxes wrote:
"I think distance will be about all the safety we can offer in the desert here," Silvertail says airily, with a toss of her tails.

After trudging through the endless dunes, the small party of travelers finallys comes across Khaldun. A sparkle of the sun against stone is the first thing they see. At first, it might seem to be the towers of a mighty city, but then further details become apparent. It is an oasis surrounded by hundreds of marble pillars thrust into the sand.

Map of Kaldun Oasis (scroll to second page of slides, past our first battle map


Female Fox Oracle 5/Kyubi Paragon 5 Eldritch Godling 10 Archmage 5 | HP 123/123 | AC:32 T:23 Fl:23 | CMB: +7 CMD: 22 | F +16 R +15 W +19 | Init +8 | Perc: +24 Sense Motive +22
Spells:
Oracle: 1st 8/9 2nd 8/8 3rd 8/8 4th 6/6 | Sorcerer: 1st 8/8 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 4/4
Other resources:
Mythic Power 12/13 | Chakra 9/9 | Shapeshift 10/10 | Effort 2/2

Silvertail glances over (and up) at Alyln. "Two scouts?" she suggests with a challenging grin, then vanishes from sight.

Stealth to invisibly approach the wall: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (12) + 30 = 42 +20 if they can't see invisible
Perception: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (4) + 24 = 28


ᛒᚱᚢᚾᚺᛁᛚᛞ᛫ᛒᛚᚨᚲᚲᚨᚱᚱᛟᚹ Godbound: 2 Effort (max damage), Summon bow, unlimited arrows Damage (0) HP (150) Saves (24/24/26, +2 Rage) AC (36/29/24, +4 Barkskin/Shield) Ki (8/10) Rage (9/10) Retribution (15/15) Mythic Power (11/13) Initiative (+7)

”Ah. An obstacle to bypass and a handful of tricksters. I wonder who will find us entry first?” Brunhild said, teasingly.


Ianthe chuckles. "I doubt we'll have to wait to long for our answer.

"While they're off there though, care to share a bit of wine? Dhaunae, you're welcome to some too."

Will wait while the scouting happens


ᛒᚱᚢᚾᚺᛁᛚᛞ᛫ᛒᛚᚨᚲᚲᚨᚱᚱᛟᚹ Godbound: 2 Effort (max damage), Summon bow, unlimited arrows Damage (0) HP (150) Saves (24/24/26, +2 Rage) AC (36/29/24, +4 Barkskin/Shield) Ki (8/10) Rage (9/10) Retribution (15/15) Mythic Power (11/13) Initiative (+7)

”Far be it for me to say no to that! Come winged one. Tell Ianthe a bit about yourself while we drink. You’re probably the only one of us here without sin! Or at least with truly pure goals.”


|| Oasis of Khaldun || || Children of the Gods: Battlemaps ||
Silvertail, Queen of Foxes wrote:

Silvertail glances over (and up) at Alyln. "Two scouts?" she suggests with a challenging grin, then vanishes from sight.

[dice=Stealth to invisibly approach the wall]1d20+30 +20 if they can't see invisible
[dice=Perception]1d20+24

Silvertail: Perception:

There appears to be no discernible physical barrier between the pillars which ring the oasis.

The columns are each smooth-surfaced, and had have no base, dropping straight into the stylobate or platform on which each stands. Their respective capitals are simple circular forms, with some mouldings, under a square cushion that is very wide.

Each is several stories tall, and casts long shadows upon the surrounding dunes.

The only obvious break in the parabolic ring of columns is a decorative arch. In form, it is roughly cubical, being 10.94m on the side and to the top of the entablature. On the pylons, beside the spans are pairs of columns with elaborate capitals decorated by acanthus leaves and scrolls, detached from the wall and with pilasters behind, supported by a podium from which their pedestals extend.

The main entablature is above the pairs of columns and continues in the recess above the spans. Medallions with the busts of divinities are located above each of the spans.

On the attic on three sides dedications are inscribed to the deified Ledean emperors. On the fourth side is a reconstructed Ledean inscription.

At the centre on all sides, the entablature supports an aedicula which held a statue.

The reconstruction of the very top of the arch is an octagonal lantern which stands there with its base hidden by the aediculae.

Beneath the arch stands a pair of forbidding desert warriors. Both are equipped with mail shirts typical of the region, peculiar onion-domed helmets, and fearsome curved scimitars.


Female Swanmay Angel Eldritch Godling 10/Radiant 10

"Gladly" Dhaunae says with a smile for the proffered cup. "What would you like to know about me? I'm not one to hide much from my allies or friends."


|| Oasis of Khaldun || || Children of the Gods: Battlemaps ||
Dhaunae Sunwake wrote:
"Gladly" Dhaunae says with a smile for the proffered cup. "What would you like to know about me? I'm not one to hide much from my allies or friends."

Why don't you go ahead and roll for Perception as well, and I'll update what I've shared with Silvertail if there's more to tell based on your check.


Female Fox Oracle 5/Kyubi Paragon 5 Eldritch Godling 10 Archmage 5 | HP 123/123 | AC:32 T:23 Fl:23 | CMB: +7 CMD: 22 | F +16 R +15 W +19 | Init +8 | Perc: +24 Sense Motive +22
Spells:
Oracle: 1st 8/9 2nd 8/8 3rd 8/8 4th 6/6 | Sorcerer: 1st 8/8 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 4/4
Other resources:
Mythic Power 12/13 | Chakra 9/9 | Shapeshift 10/10 | Effort 2/2

Silvertail hides slightly out of sight of the guards and silently casts arcane sight, then creeps closer to observe the barrier... and the guards.

A couple spellcraft rolls, if needed, to figure out magic effects.
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (19) + 22 = 41
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (3) + 22 = 25


Female Swanmay Angel Eldritch Godling 10/Radiant 10

Dhaunae didn't go with Slivertail. She's staying with Ianthe and Brunhild, drinking wine and chatting. Do you still want me to make a perception check?


|| Oasis of Khaldun || || Children of the Gods: Battlemaps ||
Dhaunae Sunwake wrote:
Dhaunae didn't go with Slivertail. She's staying with Ianthe and Brunhild, drinking wine and chatting. Do you still want me to make a perception check?

Never mind then.


Image Drendali Warlock/Godling/Trickster 10/10/5 | Initi+15|HP:112/93|AC 28(28T|--FF)(CMD 20)(F26|R30|W30/+2vs enchantment)(Res10 Fire/DR10/Force+DR3/-- (Perception 26 | SM26 | (Kn All) 20 | Detect-magic/Lies/True Seeing [Constant] DV120' TS30'),Hero 5/5, Mythic 13/day

As Silvertail runs ahead, she can see now and then the figure of Alyln popping in and out of being, matching her move far would.

+26 Perception 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (15) + 26 = 41 + Stealth 1d20 + 31 ⇒ (1) + 31 = 32 +20 if they can't see invisible

Alyln has true seeing content and her Fox friend goes to see the guards so she goes around the structure studying the pillars.

Before heading back to the others and telling them what they have found.


|| Oasis of Khaldun || || Children of the Gods: Battlemaps ||
Silvertail, Queen of Foxes wrote:

Silvertail hides slightly out of sight of the guards and silently casts arcane sight, then creeps closer to observe the barrier... and the guards.

A couple spellcraft rolls, if needed, to figure out magic effects.
[dice=Spellcraft]1d20+22
[dice=Spellcraft]1d20+22

Silvertail, Queen of Foxes: Spellcraft:

The ring of columns surrounding the Oasis of Khaldun are the anchor points for a series of wall of lava spells upon which permanency and greater invisibility has been cast by an extremely powerful magic-user (e.g., an arcane caster of at least 18th level). Each of these invisible 'panels' of concentrated lava extends almost 300 ft. into the sky, far beyond the upper capitals of the columns which surround the Oasis.

Furthermore, there is a ring of both alarm and invisibility alarm spells which completely surround the Oasis, and which have also been fortified with a permanency spell cast by at least an 18th level magic-user.

Consequently, any attempt to approach the barrier will trigger the alarm spells and any defenses arrayed within by the Oasis' defenders.

The gateway is covered by an antimagic field, making the only gap in the defenses of the Oasis a zone where arcane magic will not operate.


|| Oasis of Khaldun || || Children of the Gods: Battlemaps ||
Alyln wrote:

As Silvertail runs ahead, she can see now and then the figure of Alyln popping in and out of being, matching her move far would.

+26 Perception 1d20+26 + Stealth 1d20+31 +20 if they can't see invisible

Alyln has true seeing content and her Fox friend goes to see the guards so she goes around the structure studying the pillars.

Before heading back to the others and telling them what they have found.

Wait a second, Silvertail is about to have some info that will make Alyln not want to do that.


Dhaunae Sunwake wrote:
"If we are going to potentially battle a dragon, it might be a good idea to find a safe place for the caravan. Preferably far away from the fighting." Dhaunae says, as her fellow godlings discuss seeking otu Jailry.

The merchant of Quelsk nods vigorously at this suggestion.

"Yes, I agree entirely, you and these other worthy ladies should absolutely go ahead, and my party will remain attentive until you finish whatever... business needs to be done at the Oasis."


|| Oasis of Khaldun || || Children of the Gods: Battlemaps ||
Silvertail, Queen of Foxes wrote:

Silvertail hides slightly out of sight of the guards and silently casts arcane sight, then creeps closer to observe the barrier... and the guards.

A couple spellcraft rolls, if needed, to figure out magic effects.
[dice=Spellcraft]1d20+22
[dice=Spellcraft]1d20+22

Silvertail, Queen of Foxes: Details of Gateway:

The gateway is covered by an antimagic field, making the only gap in the defenses of the Oasis a zone where arcane magic will not operate.

In the mouth of the gate, a large party of grey-skinned dwarves guards the only apparent entrance to the oasis.

One both the right and left hand sides of the entrance are stationed massive cannons. Each of these immense weapons of siege warfare is highly-ornamented, sculpted by a master craftsman to resemble the vomiting orifice of some grotesque devil from the pits of one of Chardun's hells. Each sputters ominously with caustic smoke, a clear sign of their perpetual readiness to deposit their payload against any and all potential interlopers. Both of the colossal cannons are manned by a triad of the ashen-hued dwarves.

On the left side of the gate, the massive cannon is joined by another large siege weapon, perhaps a battle wagon of some kind. It is also ornamented in such a fashion as to call to mind the infernal landscape of the Great General's home plane. Like the cannons, its sputters acrid black fumes into the desert air, ominously exhausting its toxic fuel during the course of its perpetual, torturous mechanical gyrations.

In the center of the gate stands a commanding dwarf, probably a commander, and he is flanked by two additional guards.

Behind this array of three immense siege weapons and nine grey-skinned dwarf warriors are three additional members of the diminutive race, each of these accoutered in resplendent robes.


ᛒᚱᚢᚾᚺᛁᛚᛞ᛫ᛒᛚᚨᚲᚲᚨᚱᚱᛟᚹ Godbound: 2 Effort (max damage), Summon bow, unlimited arrows Damage (0) HP (150) Saves (24/24/26, +2 Rage) AC (36/29/24, +4 Barkskin/Shield) Ki (8/10) Rage (9/10) Retribution (15/15) Mythic Power (11/13) Initiative (+7)

While the scouting was being done, Brunhild continued to sit and drink. She had complete confidence in the tricksters finding a way in.


Image Drendali Warlock/Godling/Trickster 10/10/5 | Initi+15|HP:112/93|AC 28(28T|--FF)(CMD 20)(F26|R30|W30/+2vs enchantment)(Res10 Fire/DR10/Force+DR3/-- (Perception 26 | SM26 | (Kn All) 20 | Detect-magic/Lies/True Seeing [Constant] DV120' TS30'),Hero 5/5, Mythic 13/day
DM -- Children of the Gods wrote:
Wait a second, Silvertail is about to have some info that will make Alyln not want to do that.

You miss understand GM, Alyln is not passing the stone, she is going around the encampment. To see how big a place it it. I should have made clear.

Alyln goes around the stones working out how big a village it was.


|| Oasis of Khaldun || || Children of the Gods: Battlemaps ||
Alyln wrote:
DM -- Children of the Gods wrote:
Wait a second, Silvertail is about to have some info that will make Alyln not want to do that.

You miss understand GM, Alyln is not passing the stone, she is going around the encampment. To see how big a place it it. I should have made clear.

Alyln goes around the stones working out how big a village it was.

Alyln: Scouting the Perimeter:

The Oasis of Khaldun is at least a mile in diameter, and is surrounded by a wall of columns spaced at regular intervals around its circumference. Each of these pillars is made of stone, and is of fairly simple design. The stylobates or foundations are simple squares. On top of these simple foundations, the shafts of the columns are noticeably squat in their measurements, relative to the stylobate, with a height only four to eight times their individual diameters. Their vertical shafts are fluted with 20 parallel concave grooves. Finally, the capitals consist of a round, tapering cushion, or echinus, supporting a square slab, known as an abax or abacus. Each pillar is approximately 30 feet in height, and are spaced about half that distance from one another, in regular intervals surrounding the Oasis.

However, as the space between these pillars is apparently empty, the interior of the compound is visible from its exterior. Beyond the line of pillars is a broad, open area, in many places filled with what appear to be luxurious gardens.

One consists of an ornate field of verdant grass that is both surrounded and divided by a collection of thick boxwood hedges. The rows of flowers shouldn't be ignored, and the hedges make sure they're paid attention to as well, but everything will always be overshadowed by the pond.The rows of flowers grow without boundaries, and there is not even a single weed in sight. Marble slabs lie here and there, almost taking visitors by the hand in order to show them the best sights. Roots playfully creep and crawl their way through the garden, eager to expand their foothold beyond the locations given to them. Just behind the outermost row of hedges, a pond is built in the front of the garden, a paradise of koi and tranquility, a setting eminently suitable for the veneration of the earth mother Denev or her graceful daughter Madriel. The pond claims all the glory within the garden, as it outshines all other elements of its ornamentation.

The outer perimeter of the Oasis contains several other horticultural collections of a broadly similar design.

Beyond this verdant boarder, the interior of the Oasis contains a number of buildings, most of them constructed in the elaborate, geometric style identified with the Empire of Elz. Many are capped by pinon-spouting onion domes of a burnished bronze hue, and possess elaborate, pillared porticoes.

There a trinity of large constructions that differ substantially from the surrounding buildings. These or these are immense keeps with four circular towers, each of which encompasses one corner of the structure. They rise some 13 stories in height, and immense bombards are located on each of the towers. Thought the distance is considerable, it is apparent that each of the towers teems with activity, and figures bustle actively atop their respective roofs.


Image Drendali Warlock/Godling/Trickster 10/10/5 | Initi+15|HP:112/93|AC 28(28T|--FF)(CMD 20)(F26|R30|W30/+2vs enchantment)(Res10 Fire/DR10/Force+DR3/-- (Perception 26 | SM26 | (Kn All) 20 | Detect-magic/Lies/True Seeing [Constant] DV120' TS30'),Hero 5/5, Mythic 13/day

[ooc]Spell craft 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35

She now looks at the marking with her true seeing.


|| Oasis of Khaldun || || Children of the Gods: Battlemaps ||
Alyln wrote:

[ooc]Spell craft 1d20+20

She now looks at the marking with her true seeing.

Alyn: Spellcraft:

The ring of columns surrounding the Oasis of Khaldun are the anchor points for a series of wall of lava spells upon which permanency and greater invisibility has been cast by an extremely powerful magic-user (e.g., an arcane caster of at least 18th level). Each of these invisible 'panels' of concentrated lava extends almost 300 ft. into the sky, far beyond the upper capitals of the columns which surround the Oasis.

Furthermore, there is a ring of both alarm and invisibility alarm spells which completely surround the Oasis, and which have also been fortified with a permanency spell cast by at least an 18th level magic-user.

Consequently, any attempt to approach the barrier will trigger the alarm spells and any defenses arrayed within by the Oasis' defenders.

The gateway is covered by an antimagic field, making the only gap in the defenses of the Oasis a zone where arcane magic will not operate.


Image Drendali Warlock/Godling/Trickster 10/10/5 | Initi+15|HP:112/93|AC 28(28T|--FF)(CMD 20)(F26|R30|W30/+2vs enchantment)(Res10 Fire/DR10/Force+DR3/-- (Perception 26 | SM26 | (Kn All) 20 | Detect-magic/Lies/True Seeing [Constant] DV120' TS30'),Hero 5/5, Mythic 13/day

Alyln now goes above the Site, high up to see what if its arches over and if she can down.

How:

Flicking move teleport as move actions (God Bound)+ levitation SU (Race) + Undetectable (Item)

Levitate (Su):[DC22] [At will]

Gift 3: Flickering Advance [1p]
Teleport [At will Self only Range limit 3 miles, <1 league> must have line of sight, Counts as a move action]
Instantly reach any location you can see with your unaided sight out to the horizon, which is usually about three miles away for a character standing on flat terrain. From a high elevation, the maximum range is ten times as far. [30 miles or 10 leagues]

From a killing Joke her mythic Item
Undetectable: This grants its bonded user the ability to become utterly undetectable while invisible. While invisible and in physical contact with this item, the bonded creature can’t be detected or scryed by any method.

[7]Feat:Vanishing Move (Su) [3ed]
When you wish to not be seen, you aren’t. As a swift action, you can make yourself invisible vanish until the end of your turn. This effect ends if you do anything other than move. If you expend one use of mythic power when using this ability, it instead acts as greater invisibility using double your tier as your caster level.


|| Oasis of Khaldun || || Children of the Gods: Battlemaps ||
Alyln wrote:

Alyln now goes above the Site, high up to see what if its arches over and if she can down.

** spoiler omitted **

Alyln: Over the Oasis:

The mysterious barrier is absent some 300ft or more above the Oasis, and apparently it would be possible for the godling to descend and observe its interior, were that its desire.


Image Drendali Warlock/Godling/Trickster 10/10/5 | Initi+15|HP:112/93|AC 28(28T|--FF)(CMD 20)(F26|R30|W30/+2vs enchantment)(Res10 Fire/DR10/Force+DR3/-- (Perception 26 | SM26 | (Kn All) 20 | Detect-magic/Lies/True Seeing [Constant] DV120' TS30'),Hero 5/5, Mythic 13/day

She dose just that, fully unseen and undetected As per the spoiler

whats it like inside she wounders


|| Oasis of Khaldun || || Children of the Gods: Battlemaps ||
Alyln wrote:

She dose just that, fully unseen and undetected As per the spoiler

whats it like inside she wounders

I presume you can see the new map I put up? The ring of dots around the edge are the columns. I'm still trying to find a good icon for the gateway, but its off the side of the map, to the left. The three flak towers are in a triangle around the town at the center, and there are some of the afore-mentioned gardens on the perimeter.

Alyln: Surveying the Settlement:

Rising high into the torpid desert air, Alyln eventually reaches the summit of the invisible volcanic barrier after the godling has ascended some 300ft. into the heavens. The sky above the Oasis appears to be otherwise clear, though it is curious that a large collection of dark clouds seem to hover perpetually over the highly-defended settlement, a mysterious meteorological phenomenon given the relatively clear skies of the surrounding wastes. Were it to become visible, the godling would immediately be subject to assault by the vast array of heavy artillery stationed on each of the concrete towers that surround the center of the Oasis.

The center of the Oasis is dominated by a small town, whose perimeter is guarded by a triad of immense concrete towers arrayed in a defensive pyramid around the center of the small settlement.

One of the most prominent builds in the center of the Oasis is a domed structure.

Its main entrance portal is constituted by the distinctive arrangement of an arch within arch, enriched by a succession of bevels and reveals that give it depth and power. The thick, tower-like minarets, merging with the outer corners of the portal screen, extend to the ground and, together with the high foundation revetment of marble, give the ensemble the impression of solidity necessary to support its exuberant color. The entire court facade is faced with enamel brick and mosaic faience of the finest quality.

The full scale of colors includes a dominant cobalt blue and turquoise, white, a transparent green, yellow, saffron, aubergine and mirrorblack - all tones fluctuating through several shades. The patterns lucid and vigorous, are artfully adapted to their decorative role, whether for eye-panels, or dome ornament meant to be effective at a thousand feet. Monotony, difficult to avoid in such a large area, and a distracting intricacy that might compete with the essential architectural forms are both forestalled. This is accomplished by the energy of the faience floral patterns and brick geometrical schemes, by the emphatic rhythm of the arcades, open galleries and deep recesses, and especially by the contrast of the iwans, a rectangular hall or space, walled on three sides, with one end entirely open.

The front entrance of the structure is host to a large collection of grey-skinned dwarves, as well as a blue-toned dragon of substantial, though not maximum, dimensions. This wyrm bears a elaborate harness bristling with armament and upon which is seated one of the pallid dwarves. In addition to the dragon, two large eel-like creatures hiss and roil on either side of the building's entrance.

Across from this large and elaborate building, on the other side of the major thoroughfare running through the center of the Oasis is another impressive structure whose summit is also capped by domes, though in this case the arrangement consists of a trinity of the onion-shaped constructions.

It is partially dilapidated.

The structure, measuring some 104m by 55m, is built of local rocks and mortar interior and partial ashlar masonry on the exterior. The entrance to the building is through a now partially collapsed iwan, about 18m high. On either side of the iwan are large open rooms. Further, behind the large iwan are three large halls covered with domes. Behind these halls there is a square courtyard surrounded with multiple rooms, presumably the private section of the structure. The interior walls are decorated with partially preserved gypsum stuccos.

In front of the tri-domed building is a pond fed by a natural spring. The pond was tiled on its sides, encircled by pavement for guests of the Oasis to enjoy the surrounding garden.

The structure is built next to a picturesque pond that was fed by a natural spring.

These two elaborate structures dominate each side of a major road that runs from the gates of the Oasis, through its center, thus passing within the midst of the three concrete towers that form a triad around the settlement's center point.

The space between the two structures forms a monumental square where a large body of the grey-skinned dwarves congregate. In the center of this space is a large statue which sits in the center of an ornamental fountain. It depicts a curious thin, ashen-skinned entity with a sheer bald head and beady eyes. The statue's spider-like limbs seem to grasp at the air around it.

These two large structures are surrounded by several rows of less-monumental buildings, probably residences.

That's a start, just tell me what you want to look at more, and I'll keep describing stuff. There are like 100 buildings in the settlement, including some additional large and elaborate structures. The above is just what Alyln sees when she first touches down within the compound. There's too much stuff to describe it all adequately in a single pass, so just tell me if the character is moving around, and I'll keep going based on that information.


Image Drendali Warlock/Godling/Trickster 10/10/5 | Initi+15|HP:112/93|AC 28(28T|--FF)(CMD 20)(F26|R30|W30/+2vs enchantment)(Res10 Fire/DR10/Force+DR3/-- (Perception 26 | SM26 | (Kn All) 20 | Detect-magic/Lies/True Seeing [Constant] DV120' TS30'),Hero 5/5, Mythic 13/day

She heads back to her friend the Fox, and tells her what she has found.


|| Oasis of Khaldun || || Children of the Gods: Battlemaps ||

In that case, Silvertail, Queen of Foxes, can read the spoiler I just wrote for Alyln detailing the interior of the compound.


Female Fox Oracle 5/Kyubi Paragon 5 Eldritch Godling 10 Archmage 5 | HP 123/123 | AC:32 T:23 Fl:23 | CMB: +7 CMD: 22 | F +16 R +15 W +19 | Init +8 | Perc: +24 Sense Motive +22
Spells:
Oracle: 1st 8/9 2nd 8/8 3rd 8/8 4th 6/6 | Sorcerer: 1st 8/8 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 4/4
Other resources:
Mythic Power 12/13 | Chakra 9/9 | Shapeshift 10/10 | Effort 2/2

You can just call her Silvertail. She can't read the narration to know if you leave off her title. ;)

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (11) + 22 = 33
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28 Not sure how many rolls I'd need--she doesn't have any Knowledge skills.

Silvertail is just finishing her analysis as Alyln returns. She cocks her head slightly to one side.

"Hmmm... They clearly anticipate an assault. And they have a lot of power to throw around... invisible walls of lava aren't exactly cantrips."

She flicks one of her tails almost dismissively. "I can think of half a dozen ways in, but the problem is what we haven't seen as much as what we have. How many ways do they have to detect illusions? To interdict teleportation? To penetrate invisibility? If we can trick them long enough to throw off their targetting I'm certain our, ah, more warlike compatriots could make quick work of the most dangerous targets, but we'd have to give them that chance."

She fills Alyln in on what she's learned. Go ahead and look at my spoilers. "So, what ideas do you have, hm?"


|| Oasis of Khaldun || || Children of the Gods: Battlemaps ||
Silvertail, Queen of Foxes wrote:

You can just call her Silvertail. She can't read the narration to know if you leave off her title. ;)

[dice=Spellcraft]1d20+22
[dice=Spellcraft]1d20+22 Not sure how many rolls I'd need--she doesn't have any Knowledge skills.

Silvertail is just finishing her analysis as Alyln returns. She cocks her head slightly to one side.

"Hmmm... They clearly anticipate an assault. And they have a lot of power to throw around... invisible walls of lava aren't exactly cantrips."

She flicks one of her tails almost dismissively. "I can think of half a dozen ways in, but the problem is what we haven't seen as much as what we have. How many ways do they have to detect illusions? To interdict teleportation? To penetrate invisibility? If we can trick them long enough to throw off their targetting I'm certain our, ah, more warlike compatriots could make quick work of the most dangerous targets, but we'd have to give them that chance."

She fills Alyln in on what she's learned. Go ahead and look at my spoilers. "So, what ideas do you have, hm?"

What is the Spellcraft for -- to analyze what Alyln told you? I'm not sure you can do vicarious checks like that.

In the distance, the gates of the Oasis begin to stir with fevered motion, as it appears a patrol of some variety is preparing to depart from the immense compound.


Female Fox Oracle 5/Kyubi Paragon 5 Eldritch Godling 10 Archmage 5 | HP 123/123 | AC:32 T:23 Fl:23 | CMB: +7 CMD: 22 | F +16 R +15 W +19 | Init +8 | Perc: +24 Sense Motive +22
Spells:
Oracle: 1st 8/9 2nd 8/8 3rd 8/8 4th 6/6 | Sorcerer: 1st 8/8 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 4/4
Other resources:
Mythic Power 12/13 | Chakra 9/9 | Shapeshift 10/10 | Effort 2/2

You said Silvertail needed to roll Knowledge or Spellcraft to know what we had in Discussion in-character.


Image Drendali Warlock/Godling/Trickster 10/10/5 | Initi+15|HP:112/93|AC 28(28T|--FF)(CMD 20)(F26|R30|W30/+2vs enchantment)(Res10 Fire/DR10/Force+DR3/-- (Perception 26 | SM26 | (Kn All) 20 | Detect-magic/Lies/True Seeing [Constant] DV120' TS30'),Hero 5/5, Mythic 13/day
Silvertail, Queen of Foxes wrote:
"So, what ideas do you have, hm?"

She looks at the ground while she thinks.

"I think we should go back to the others and tell them what we have found out. So we can all think of a way around this. Come jump into my arms and I will take us back"

If slilvertail dose Alyln will take them both back to the others and tell then what she has found out.

This gets all the players back in play


Female Fox Oracle 5/Kyubi Paragon 5 Eldritch Godling 10 Archmage 5 | HP 123/123 | AC:32 T:23 Fl:23 | CMB: +7 CMD: 22 | F +16 R +15 W +19 | Init +8 | Perc: +24 Sense Motive +22
Spells:
Oracle: 1st 8/9 2nd 8/8 3rd 8/8 4th 6/6 | Sorcerer: 1st 8/8 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 4/4
Other resources:
Mythic Power 12/13 | Chakra 9/9 | Shapeshift 10/10 | Effort 2/2

Silvertail sighs and rolls her eyes, but does jump into Alyln's arms.

"So you can teleport about freely, without having to spend limited magic?" she asks as Alyln starts taking them back.

She'll fill the party in once they get back


Image Drendali Warlock/Godling/Trickster 10/10/5 | Initi+15|HP:112/93|AC 28(28T|--FF)(CMD 20)(F26|R30|W30/+2vs enchantment)(Res10 Fire/DR10/Force+DR3/-- (Perception 26 | SM26 | (Kn All) 20 | Detect-magic/Lies/True Seeing [Constant] DV120' TS30'),Hero 5/5, Mythic 13/day

"A short way at a time, like taking long steps but I can't carry much and it dose tire me"

After a short while, they get back.

Alyln waits as Silvertail tells them what they have found out


Female Fox Oracle 5/Kyubi Paragon 5 Eldritch Godling 10 Archmage 5 | HP 123/123 | AC:32 T:23 Fl:23 | CMB: +7 CMD: 22 | F +16 R +15 W +19 | Init +8 | Perc: +24 Sense Motive +22
Spells:
Oracle: 1st 8/9 2nd 8/8 3rd 8/8 4th 6/6 | Sorcerer: 1st 8/8 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 4/4
Other resources:
Mythic Power 12/13 | Chakra 9/9 | Shapeshift 10/10 | Effort 2/2

After describing their scouting efforts, Silvertail waits a moment, then continues, "As far as I can see, there are three approaches we could take. First, a frontal assault. I don't think it's a good idea, but we could probably get close enough to wipe out most of the gunners before they could fire on us, after which we could take the gate. Of course, that would just give everyone inside time to counterattack, which is why I say it's not a great idea."

"Second, we can try to sneak in. There's two main challenges with that--the alarms on the perimeter, and the fact that we have no idea what enchantments may be laid on the other side of the wall. It wouldn't do much good to sneak in only to suddenly become visible thanks to a spell they've got laid down inside. I can get us through the pillars themselves without much trouble unless they've gone to extreme precautions to prevent it, but the alarm wards are too powerful for even me to suppress reliably. If we do want to go that way, we could use some diversions to split their reactions up until we were in a better position."

"Third... we could try to draw them out. If we were to be loud enough about destroying this patrol coming out, we might be able to get that dragon to come chase us out of range of their guns, which I like a lot better than the idea of fighting both at once. Not to mention anything we kill out here won't be fighting us in there."

She looks at the three demigods. "So, what do you think?"


ᛒᚱᚢᚾᚺᛁᛚᛞ᛫ᛒᛚᚨᚲᚲᚨᚱᚱᛟᚹ Godbound: 2 Effort (max damage), Summon bow, unlimited arrows Damage (0) HP (150) Saves (24/24/26, +2 Rage) AC (36/29/24, +4 Barkskin/Shield) Ki (8/10) Rage (9/10) Retribution (15/15) Mythic Power (11/13) Initiative (+7)

”While I like the first option the best, maybe we can just ask to be let in?” Brunhild said while putting down her wine. ”For the most part we don’t look too threatening. For the most part. Worst comes to worst we then kill them all.”


Female Swanmay Angel Eldritch Godling 10/Radiant 10

Dhaunae listens carefully to Silvertail's intel, and suggestions, then smiles at Brunhild's "I was just going to suggest that myself. I'm not sure we need to actually attack the dragon, though should it come down to that, it would best to do so as close to full strength as possible."

She turns to divine archer. "A non combative plan from you Brunhild? Is this what's known as growing up?" She says with a deadpan tone, making it impossible to tell if she was being serious or teasing the warrior.


Female Fox Oracle 5/Kyubi Paragon 5 Eldritch Godling 10 Archmage 5 | HP 123/123 | AC:32 T:23 Fl:23 | CMB: +7 CMD: 22 | F +16 R +15 W +19 | Init +8 | Perc: +24 Sense Motive +22
Spells:
Oracle: 1st 8/9 2nd 8/8 3rd 8/8 4th 6/6 | Sorcerer: 1st 8/8 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 4/4
Other resources:
Mythic Power 12/13 | Chakra 9/9 | Shapeshift 10/10 | Effort 2/2

Silvertail waves her eponymous appendage dismissively. "While I'm quite confident in my charms, I would not at all be surprised if our reputations precede us... especially since none of us will be able to hold magical disguises in the gate. Still, if that's the decision, we can give it a try."


ᛒᚱᚢᚾᚺᛁᛚᛞ᛫ᛒᛚᚨᚲᚲᚨᚱᚱᛟᚹ Godbound: 2 Effort (max damage), Summon bow, unlimited arrows Damage (0) HP (150) Saves (24/24/26, +2 Rage) AC (36/29/24, +4 Barkskin/Shield) Ki (8/10) Rage (9/10) Retribution (15/15) Mythic Power (11/13) Initiative (+7)

Brunhild shrugged with a smile. ”Been trying for centuries. It’s always a treat when it works.”


Image Drendali Warlock/Godling/Trickster 10/10/5 | Initi+15|HP:112/93|AC 28(28T|--FF)(CMD 20)(F26|R30|W30/+2vs enchantment)(Res10 Fire/DR10/Force+DR3/-- (Perception 26 | SM26 | (Kn All) 20 | Detect-magic/Lies/True Seeing [Constant] DV120' TS30'),Hero 5/5, Mythic 13/day

Alyln waits as the others talk, she is happy for them to work out what they should do.

"I agree, lets just ask them. Would you mind if I make my own way in. Just less fuss all around. I will be on the other side of the gate waiting for you."


Female Fox Oracle 5/Kyubi Paragon 5 Eldritch Godling 10 Archmage 5 | HP 123/123 | AC:32 T:23 Fl:23 | CMB: +7 CMD: 22 | F +16 R +15 W +19 | Init +8 | Perc: +24 Sense Motive +22
Spells:
Oracle: 1st 8/9 2nd 8/8 3rd 8/8 4th 6/6 | Sorcerer: 1st 8/8 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 4/4
Other resources:
Mythic Power 12/13 | Chakra 9/9 | Shapeshift 10/10 | Effort 2/2

"And if they have teleport wards?" Silvertail asks Alyln drily.


Image Drendali Warlock/Godling/Trickster 10/10/5 | Initi+15|HP:112/93|AC 28(28T|--FF)(CMD 20)(F26|R30|W30/+2vs enchantment)(Res10 Fire/DR10/Force+DR3/-- (Perception 26 | SM26 | (Kn All) 20 | Detect-magic/Lies/True Seeing [Constant] DV120' TS30'),Hero 5/5, Mythic 13/day

She bends down and whispers into the Foxes ear.

"I have already put my feet on the ground in-side little one, have no fear, I will be waiting for you there"

and with that she is gone.

Alyln will wait inside GM, doing nothing but moving to the other side of the gate to give the others change to get in. So she may not be doing things for a while, wile she waits for you all.


ᛒᚱᚢᚾᚺᛁᛚᛞ᛫ᛒᛚᚨᚲᚲᚨᚱᚱᛟᚹ Godbound: 2 Effort (max damage), Summon bow, unlimited arrows Damage (0) HP (150) Saves (24/24/26, +2 Rage) AC (36/29/24, +4 Barkskin/Shield) Ki (8/10) Rage (9/10) Retribution (15/15) Mythic Power (11/13) Initiative (+7)

”Right. Let’s go say hello.”


With a shrug, nods agreement. "Very good. Time to make some new friends."

Continuing to shrink myself to Medium size (taking concentration). When I stop concentrating on it, I'll revert to Huge.


Female Fox Oracle 5/Kyubi Paragon 5 Eldritch Godling 10 Archmage 5 | HP 123/123 | AC:32 T:23 Fl:23 | CMB: +7 CMD: 22 | F +16 R +15 W +19 | Init +8 | Perc: +24 Sense Motive +22
Spells:
Oracle: 1st 8/9 2nd 8/8 3rd 8/8 4th 6/6 | Sorcerer: 1st 8/8 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 4/4
Other resources:
Mythic Power 12/13 | Chakra 9/9 | Shapeshift 10/10 | Effort 2/2

Silvertail rolls her eyes slightly. They were all taking this far too casually. Sure, they weren't dealing with titans, but anyone who could go to such lengths as a wall of lava around a compound this size was not to be trifled with.

"All right, well, let me do the talking, then," she says aloud, turning and trotting towards the gate.


Female Swanmay Angel Eldritch Godling 10/Radiant 10

"Before we venture forth, allow me to once more invest a little of myself into each of you."

Dhaunae will invest two points of essence into Brunhild and Ianthe, and one into Silvertail.

I believe we're good to move forward GM


Image Drendali Warlock/Godling/Trickster 10/10/5 | Initi+15|HP:112/93|AC 28(28T|--FF)(CMD 20)(F26|R30|W30/+2vs enchantment)(Res10 Fire/DR10/Force+DR3/-- (Perception 26 | SM26 | (Kn All) 20 | Detect-magic/Lies/True Seeing [Constant] DV120' TS30'),Hero 5/5, Mythic 13/day

Alyln is a godling who has walked the halls of kings and Titans. She in truth cares little for the war. All gives rise for a chance of change. This was always a good thing she felt. As her feet land on the soft sand inside the town. She is careful not to interact with anyone. But watches as the town passes the day. Up ahead the gate waits, as she waits to see when the others will arrive.

151 to 200 of 261 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Children of the Gods: A Scarred Lands Adventure Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.