Children of the Gods: A Scarred Lands Adventure

Game Master Sebecloki

Oasis of Khaldun

Children of the Gods: Battlemaps


101 to 150 of 261 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

ᛒᚱᚢᚾᚺᛁᛚᛞ᛫ᛒᛚᚨᚲᚲᚨᚱᚱᛟᚹ Godbound: 2 Effort (max damage), Summon bow, unlimited arrows Damage (0) HP (150) Saves (24/24/26, +2 Rage) AC (36/29/24, +4 Barkskin/Shield) Ki (8/10) Rage (9/10) Retribution (15/15) Mythic Power (11/13) Initiative (+7)

”Let ‘em be there. There’s only one giant-kin I’ve ever met that could stand against my bow. And she’s leagues away. If there’s more ‘infestations’ like this then it just means we’ll have some fun. Much safer fighting trolls than dealing with bored trickster godlings.”

Foreshadowing...


Female Swanmay Angel Eldritch Godling 10/Radiant 10

Sorry, that's on me. Posting now.

Dhaunae spares a brief glance at the trolls who fled. "Should we deal with them? I would rather not have any survivors deciding they want revenge." She says to Brunhild, confident the divine warrior could dispatch their foes with ease on her own.

That said, she walks over the to one of lesser trolls, and grasps it's head. Casting her spell, she wrenches it's soul and temporarily forces it back into it's body.

Casting Speak With Dead. It gets a will save, DC 21. I went with one of the normal trolls because they're less likely to succeed at the save.


Female Fox Oracle 5/Kyubi Paragon 5 Eldritch Godling 10 Archmage 5 | HP 123/123 | AC:32 T:23 Fl:23 | CMB: +7 CMD: 22 | F +16 R +15 W +19 | Init +8 | Perc: +24 Sense Motive +22
Spells:
Oracle: 1st 8/9 2nd 8/8 3rd 8/8 4th 6/6 | Sorcerer: 1st 8/8 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 4/4
Other resources:
Mythic Power 12/13 | Chakra 9/9 | Shapeshift 10/10 | Effort 2/2

Silvertail sighs and waits impatiently while the angelic demigoddess does her work.


Image Drendali Warlock/Godling/Trickster 10/10/5 | Initi+15|HP:112/93|AC 28(28T|--FF)(CMD 20)(F26|R30|W30/+2vs enchantment)(Res10 Fire/DR10/Force+DR3/-- (Perception 26 | SM26 | (Kn All) 20 | Detect-magic/Lies/True Seeing [Constant] DV120' TS30'),Hero 5/5, Mythic 13/day

Alyla goes after the trolls. Blasting them from above as they run in the open, bolt after bolt of purple. Explodes out in the open sands.

It dose not take long they have nowhere to hide and she ports around sniping them until all are felled.


|| Oasis of Khaldun || || Children of the Gods: Battlemaps ||
Dhaunae Sunwake wrote:

Sorry, that's on me. Posting now.

Dhaunae spares a brief glance at the trolls who fled. "Should we deal with them? I would rather not have any survivors deciding they want revenge." She says to Brunhild, confident the divine warrior could dispatch their foes with ease on her own.

That said, she walks over the to one of lesser trolls, and grasps it's head. Casting her spell, she wrenches it's soul and temporarily forces it back into it's body.

Casting Speak With Dead. It gets a will save, DC 21. I went with one of the normal trolls because they're less likely to succeed at the save.

Mythic Troll Will Save DC 21: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The ethereal voice of the felled monstrosity groans with a tortured sigh which reverberates ominously within the membranous cavities of Dhaunae's skull,

"Sleep... no sleep! The Masters have forsaken me! Father Golthagga, take my spirit!"


Female Fox Oracle 5/Kyubi Paragon 5 Eldritch Godling 10 Archmage 5 | HP 123/123 | AC:32 T:23 Fl:23 | CMB: +7 CMD: 22 | F +16 R +15 W +19 | Init +8 | Perc: +24 Sense Motive +22
Spells:
Oracle: 1st 8/9 2nd 8/8 3rd 8/8 4th 6/6 | Sorcerer: 1st 8/8 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 4/4
Other resources:
Mythic Power 12/13 | Chakra 9/9 | Shapeshift 10/10 | Effort 2/2

"Just who are these masters of yours, dear?" Silvertail asks the corpse in false-sweet tones.

I think technically Dhaunae has to ask the questions, but I figure she'll relay the questions of others?


Female Swanmay Angel Eldritch Godling 10/Radiant 10

Absolutely. I can ask 5 questions in total, which need to be in language we share, but I have 10 ranks in linguistics, plus my int mod, so I assume I know whatever language it speaks(I'm guessing Giant).


|| Oasis of Khaldun || || Children of the Gods: Battlemaps ||

Yes, it speaks Giant. Just let me know the questions and it will start answering.


As the heroes and their patrons stand amidst the corpses of the trolls, a thirty foot tall young woman with skin like rough amethyst comes loping over the hills. She is garbed in a stunningly made mithral-white breastplate and helmet, and a shield made of black adamantine, filigried with gold and silver to illustrate an anvil surrounded by fire. Her right hand holds a longhammer that's large even for someone of her size, also beautifully crafted of shimmering-black adamantine, with the grip wrapped with blue dragonhide.

With a look of mock horror and reproach, she calls out, "What's this, Blackarrow? You didn't leave any for me, eh? Well, I suppose after last time you were afraid of a fair contest without getting yourself a head start."

The young giant grins and reaches down to ruffle the hair of the much older halfdwarf.

"So, are you going to introduce me to your friends?"


ᛒᚱᚢᚾᚺᛁᛚᛞ᛫ᛒᛚᚨᚲᚲᚨᚱᚱᛟᚹ Godbound: 2 Effort (max damage), Summon bow, unlimited arrows Damage (0) HP (150) Saves (24/24/26, +2 Rage) AC (36/29/24, +4 Barkskin/Shield) Ki (8/10) Rage (9/10) Retribution (15/15) Mythic Power (11/13) Initiative (+7)

Brunhild grinned. If she had been in high spirits from the battle, she was now positively glowing. ”Ianthe? Ianthe!” She laughed. ”It’s been years! Ach! Proof that this is destiny. Ye won’t believe this. Look!” She pointed ”Alyln, the Whimsical Queen. And if that wasn’t enough, Silvertail, Queen of Foxes. Aye. Both of them.” She didn’t explain what ‘them’ referred to, obviously thinking it self evident. ”And this one’s new to me, but she’s Dhaunae Sunwake. Another child of the gods. Can ye fookin’ believe it? All of us here?”

Then, with a look of realization, she said to the party ”Ach! Me manners. This! This is Ianthe. The only warrior whose ever kept up with me. She’s got a hammer that can crush mountains and a voice that can mend shattered bones. Now let’s hurry up interrogating yon dead troll. We need to find more trolls so we can continue our competition.”


Female Fox Oracle 5/Kyubi Paragon 5 Eldritch Godling 10 Archmage 5 | HP 123/123 | AC:32 T:23 Fl:23 | CMB: +7 CMD: 22 | F +16 R +15 W +19 | Init +8 | Perc: +24 Sense Motive +22
Spells:
Oracle: 1st 8/9 2nd 8/8 3rd 8/8 4th 6/6 | Sorcerer: 1st 8/8 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 4/4
Other resources:
Mythic Power 12/13 | Chakra 9/9 | Shapeshift 10/10 | Effort 2/2

Silvertail glances over at the reunion, rolls her eyes, and sighs.

"How subtle we're going to be," she mutters to herself, then turns back to the questioning.

Are you passing along Silvertail's question?


Image Drendali Warlock/Godling/Trickster 10/10/5 | Initi+15|HP:112/93|AC 28(28T|--FF)(CMD 20)(F26|R30|W30/+2vs enchantment)(Res10 Fire/DR10/Force+DR3/-- (Perception 26 | SM26 | (Kn All) 20 | Detect-magic/Lies/True Seeing [Constant] DV120' TS30'),Hero 5/5, Mythic 13/day

Alyln waves as she blasts the last of the fleeing trolls, Her Whimsical magics twist and alter them, rain then snow falls that burns and freezes them.


Female Swanmay Angel Eldritch Godling 10/Radiant 10

For sake of ease GM, assume Dhaunae asks any questions the party might have. I believe the troll answers aloud, so they should all hear it's replies.


|| Oasis of Khaldun || || Children of the Gods: Battlemaps ||
Dhaunae Sunwake wrote:
For sake of ease GM, assume Dhaunae asks any questions the party might have. I believe the troll answers aloud, so they should all hear it's replies.

"The Masters are the Ancient Ones who live deep within the earth."

Did I miss any other questions?


ᛒᚱᚢᚾᚺᛁᛚᛞ᛫ᛒᛚᚨᚲᚲᚨᚱᚱᛟᚹ Godbound: 2 Effort (max damage), Summon bow, unlimited arrows Damage (0) HP (150) Saves (24/24/26, +2 Rage) AC (36/29/24, +4 Barkskin/Shield) Ki (8/10) Rage (9/10) Retribution (15/15) Mythic Power (11/13) Initiative (+7)

”Who’re they and why’d they have ye lot out here?”


|| Oasis of Khaldun || || Children of the Gods: Battlemaps ||
Brunhild Blackarrow wrote:
”Who’re they and why’d they have ye lot out here?”

"They are the Ancient Ones who rule the deeps. They set us to guard the road to the oasis."

These are stupid trolls with a rather limited knowledge. There's not necessarily going to be a lot of additional information gained on certain points.


Female Swanmay Angel Eldritch Godling 10/Radiant 10

"How does one gain entry to these deeps?"

GM, are you counting Brunhild's question as one or two for purposes of the 5 I am allowed?


Silvertail, Queen of Foxes wrote:

Silvertail glances over at the reunion, rolls her eyes, and sighs.

"How subtle we're going to be," she mutters to herself, then turns back to the questioning.

"Awwww, Silvertail is adorable! I've never seen such a cute fox! SO MANY TAILS!!!"

Ianthe reaches down with one massive finger to tenderly stroke Silvertail's back. Out of Ianthe's greaves crawls a (nearly fox-sized) scorpion. Ianthe sets it down in front of Silvertail.

"Silvertail, Queen of Foxes, this is Sir Stingsalot, King of the Scorpions. Say 'hi' Sir Stingsalot."

The greensting scorpion obediently waives his tail at Silvertail.

Then she turns to Dhuanae and Alyln. "'The Whimsical Queen', I think I've heard of you! I met some followers of yours once: a bit odd, but harmless and generally amusing. Pleased to meet you.

"And Dhuanae, I think you're the first angel I've ever met. How fun!

"What are you all doing here? Apart from killing trolls, and then talking to them?"


|| Oasis of Khaldun || || Children of the Gods: Battlemaps ||
Dhaunae Sunwake wrote:

"How does one gain entry to these deeps?"

GM, are you counting Brunhild's question as one or two for purposes of the 5 I am allowed?

One. You already asked the other, so they're just repeating.

"The Ancient Gates beneath the oasis, Mistress."


Image Drendali Warlock/Godling/Trickster 10/10/5 | Initi+15|HP:112/93|AC 28(28T|--FF)(CMD 20)(F26|R30|W30/+2vs enchantment)(Res10 Fire/DR10/Force+DR3/-- (Perception 26 | SM26 | (Kn All) 20 | Detect-magic/Lies/True Seeing [Constant] DV120' TS30'),Hero 5/5, Mythic 13/day
Ianthe, the Guarding Hammer wrote:

"'The Whimsical Queen', I think I've heard of you! I met some followers of yours once: a bit odd, but harmless and generally amusing. Pleased to meet you.

Alyln is upside down hovering above the Giant.

"Ianthe, the Guarding Hammer...hmmm, Nope never heard of you, you done anything of note?... Well even if you have not, It's nice to meet you to"

She says before winking out and back again next to the others.


"Of note?" Ianthe scratches her stony head. "Hmmmm, I've laid low my share of titanspawn...but as much fun as breaking heads (and other things) can be, I'd like to think that the most notable things I've done have been making things."

She holds out Glory, her shimmering-black adamantine longhammer, with the grip wrapped with blue dragonhide, and it's obviously of exquisite craftswomanship. "This is my pride and joy, and I like to think a pretty fair bit of smithing."

"Speaking of which, Brunhild, do you still have those adamantine arrows I made you, or are you ready for a refill? I still don't quite see why you turned down my offer of some nice armor to keep you from getting stomped on like a ripe plum."


Female Fox Oracle 5/Kyubi Paragon 5 Eldritch Godling 10 Archmage 5 | HP 123/123 | AC:32 T:23 Fl:23 | CMB: +7 CMD: 22 | F +16 R +15 W +19 | Init +8 | Perc: +24 Sense Motive +22
Spells:
Oracle: 1st 8/9 2nd 8/8 3rd 8/8 4th 6/6 | Sorcerer: 1st 8/8 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 4/4
Other resources:
Mythic Power 12/13 | Chakra 9/9 | Shapeshift 10/10 | Effort 2/2
Ianthe, the Guarding Hammer wrote:


"Awwww, Silvertail is adorable! I've never seen such a cute fox! SO MANY TAILS!!!"

Ianthe reaches down with one massive finger to tenderly stroke Silvertail's back. Out of Ianthe's greaves crawls a (nearly fox-sized) scorpion. Ianthe sets it down in front of Silvertail.

"Silvertail, Queen of Foxes, this is Sir Stingsalot, King of the Scorpions. Say 'hi' Sir Stingsalot."

The greensting scorpion obediently waives his tail at Silvertail.

Silvertail permits the stroking with a quiet, long-suffering sigh, reminding herself that the warrior demigoddess would be a useful ally. While her own 'cuteness' was useful at times, she wished people wouldn't be so touchy.

She regards the scorpion with cool interest. One of her tails waves slightly in return, as a hint of a grin plays across her lips.

Then she turns back to Dhaunae. "It sounds like we'll want to know how to get through these Ancient Gates. How about that? How does one find the Ancient Gates?"


|| Oasis of Khaldun || || Children of the Gods: Battlemaps ||
Silvertail, Queen of Foxes wrote:
Ianthe, the Guarding Hammer wrote:


"Awwww, Silvertail is adorable! I've never seen such a cute fox! SO MANY TAILS!!!"

Ianthe reaches down with one massive finger to tenderly stroke Silvertail's back. Out of Ianthe's greaves crawls a (nearly fox-sized) scorpion. Ianthe sets it down in front of Silvertail.

"Silvertail, Queen of Foxes, this is Sir Stingsalot, King of the Scorpions. Say 'hi' Sir Stingsalot."

The greensting scorpion obediently waives his tail at Silvertail.

Silvertail permits the stroking with a quiet, long-suffering sigh, reminding herself that the warrior demigoddess would be a useful ally. While her own 'cuteness' was useful at times, she wished people wouldn't be so touchy.

She regards the scorpion with cool interest. One of her tails waves slightly in return, as a hint of a grin plays across her lips.

Then she turns back to Dhaunae. "It sounds like we'll want to know how to get through these Ancient Gates. How about that? How does one find the Ancient Gates?"

"The Guardian of the Ancients watches over the Ancient Gates."


ᛒᚱᚢᚾᚺᛁᛚᛞ᛫ᛒᛚᚨᚲᚲᚨᚱᚱᛟᚹ Godbound: 2 Effort (max damage), Summon bow, unlimited arrows Damage (0) HP (150) Saves (24/24/26, +2 Rage) AC (36/29/24, +4 Barkskin/Shield) Ki (8/10) Rage (9/10) Retribution (15/15) Mythic Power (11/13) Initiative (+7)

Brunhild smiled. ”I remember those arrows. Lasted me through much of the siege of Kazad Mythryn. But, remember, I make my own too.” As she said this she held up a hand, causing an arrow to appear in it. She then held out her other hand, and an axe appeared. ”My father is Vangal. He made me to be a weapon, and made sure that is all I would ever be.” She shook her hands, causing the tools of war to vanish. ”It’s all I can do. It’s all I can ever do. It’s the same reason why I don’t wear armor. And...it’s why we are all here, I am sure. It isn’t coincidence. All of these godlings? And now ye! A smith...but the only person who has ever given me a run for my money when it comes to killing. Something big is happening, and I can feel it in my bones...many people are going to die. Glad ye’re here. And will gladly use your craft with honor.”

Godbound abilities: never runs out of normal ammo, summons bow as a free action. Arrows pierce all nonmagical to reach it’s target. Which by my reading means that it ignores nonmagical cover and nonmagical DR. So don’t spend gold outfiting Brunhild, she’s designed to be ready for war even sans all equipment


Image Drendali Warlock/Godling/Trickster 10/10/5 | Initi+15|HP:112/93|AC 28(28T|--FF)(CMD 20)(F26|R30|W30/+2vs enchantment)(Res10 Fire/DR10/Force+DR3/-- (Perception 26 | SM26 | (Kn All) 20 | Detect-magic/Lies/True Seeing [Constant] DV120' TS30'),Hero 5/5, Mythic 13/day

Alyln spins in the spot, the fancy taking her, and the sound of children's laughter seems to carried on the wind. Her dance takes her into the air, as she spins around. Small back butterfly spring from her footsteps.

"Brunhild calls me The Whimsical Queen, others call me Sister of change' 'Bother of Chance' other or are not so kind call me The Killing Joke."

Her sex changes to a him and back again,

"But names are not what you are really remembered for and name is nothing unless means something. My followers know that, we are harmless all of us, me as well. I harm no one, chance dose that, risk and the willingness to face it. The tolls chose to be here, and the consequence was this. They lost thire names, becoming not even a footnote in the story of our."

She winked out of being and came back sitting close to a troll looking into its face. A face with no had make-up in she had placed there. She leaned in and whispered into its ear.

When you get to the other side, tell them who sent you"

She sat back up,

Rolls:

Knowledge Cascade [Can used untrained Trait] [p50]
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22 Kn (arcana)(+7int+4rank+3class+2Feat+4*)<
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22 Kn (Dungeoneering)(+7int+4rank+3class+2Feat+4*)<
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35 Kn (Engineering)(+7int+4rank+3class+2Feat+4*)<
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27 Kn (Geography)(+7int+4rank+3class+2Feat+4*)<
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 20 = 39 Kn (History)(+7int+4rank+3class+2Feat+4*)<
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 40 Kn (Local)(+7int+4rank+3class+2Feat+4*)<
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29 Kn (Nature)(+7int+4rank+3class+2Feat+4*)<
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35 Kn (Nobility)(+7int+4rank+3class+2Feat+4*)<
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21 Kn (Planes)(+7int+4rank+3class+2Feat+4*)<
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38 Kn (Religion)(+7int+4rank+3class+2Feat+4*)<

To know about what the dead one was talking about.


As Dhaunae and Alyln talk to the charred corpse, Ianthe hefts her hammer and swings downward. An ethereal anvil appears where she's aiming, as if formed of pink mist.

Clang! Clang! Clang!

With three loud blows, Ianthe smiths the magic flowing around her until she shrinks down to a mere eight feet in height.

When Ianthe works magic, she works it like she works metal: swinging her hammer (and generating a rousing clamor). In this case, she's temporarily changed her height to medium, with a duration of concentration, costing no spell points.

To Brunhild

Ianthe shakes her head sadly and puts a hand on Brunhild's shoulder. "You, my friend, are not your father. What would you like to learn?

"To write a sonnet? To dance the Sirtaki? To throw pots? Yes, you're a mighty warrior--and there's no shame in that! But if you don't want to be defined by Vangal then fight that as well. I have no doubt you can pierce his influence as readily as you pierced the heart of the Mighty Roc of Haelion."


ᛒᚱᚢᚾᚺᛁᛚᛞ᛫ᛒᛚᚨᚲᚲᚨᚱᚱᛟᚹ Godbound: 2 Effort (max damage), Summon bow, unlimited arrows Damage (0) HP (150) Saves (24/24/26, +2 Rage) AC (36/29/24, +4 Barkskin/Shield) Ki (8/10) Rage (9/10) Retribution (15/15) Mythic Power (11/13) Initiative (+7)

Brunhild smiled sadly. ”A few hundred or so years ago I thought that way. I wandered from hold to hold, each time trying to make a different life. And ye know what I found? War follows me. Everywhere I go, so too does death and destruction. I’ve heard the wails of widows so much that it means next to nothing to me. Sometimes I think that I’ve seen as many dead children as playing ones. It’s like...what’s his name? The Godling of rain? The one who ends droughts, ye know? Constantly traveling, trying to find the sun. I’m like that. I’ve grown to accept it. Enjoying the few years of peace that I can before the next battle, traveling before I get too many people killed. That’s fate, and we’re all slaves too it. And now? Now we are all together. Fate has done this, and someone will drown in blood.”


A tear runs down Ianthe's cheek.

"Friend, I know war and violence may follow you, but that doesn't mean you can't learn to create as well. That I can't believe.

"Maybe brewing? Some fine dwarven ale?" she muses. "I could happily make you the equipment!"

"At any rate, I don't doubt that the Fates have drawn us together for a reason. I'm more than ready to lend my hammer if there are foes that need vanquishing, or innocents who need to be defended.

"Speaking of which, Dhaunae and Alyln and Silvertail, are you done talking with the dead troll? Did he teach you anything interesting?"

DM, did you see Alyln's (spoilered) knowledge rolls related to the Speak with the Dead conversation?


ᛒᚱᚢᚾᚺᛁᛚᛞ᛫ᛒᛚᚨᚲᚲᚨᚱᚱᛟᚹ Godbound: 2 Effort (max damage), Summon bow, unlimited arrows Damage (0) HP (150) Saves (24/24/26, +2 Rage) AC (36/29/24, +4 Barkskin/Shield) Ki (8/10) Rage (9/10) Retribution (15/15) Mythic Power (11/13) Initiative (+7)

”Well...I’ve dabbled in smithing. Only really any good at making weapons. It seems to hold the curse at bay, somewhat. So long as what I’m doing directly contributes to war...doesn’t last forever. But it’s bought a few real good decades. Maybe I could learn a thing or two from ye, if we survive this. Nay shame in anyone looking to learn from ye, aye? Smithings in your blood.”

[ooc]A respectable +11 in craft weapons and craft armor. She’s had to learn how to do something after several hundred years.


Image Drendali Warlock/Godling/Trickster 10/10/5 | Initi+15|HP:112/93|AC 28(28T|--FF)(CMD 20)(F26|R30|W30/+2vs enchantment)(Res10 Fire/DR10/Force+DR3/-- (Perception 26 | SM26 | (Kn All) 20 | Detect-magic/Lies/True Seeing [Constant] DV120' TS30'),Hero 5/5, Mythic 13/day

Alyln listens to what the two are talking about crafting.

She winking in and out of being moving around them.
And then she is out of sight, going up and up until she is looking down at the world, spreed far below.

Around her stars winked, below the clouds could be seen, Up her the air was thin and cold, she liked it up here, its was simpler. Then she was gone once more porting down to the ground.

She came into being again next to Brunhild.

"So would you two like a card reading? See what the future may have for you"


"Hmmmmmmm, I'm not sure knowing the future is always a blessing...but yes! I'm curious. What do your cards tell you, O Sister of Change?"


Image Drendali Warlock/Godling/Trickster 10/10/5 | Initi+15|HP:112/93|AC 28(28T|--FF)(CMD 20)(F26|R30|W30/+2vs enchantment)(Res10 Fire/DR10/Force+DR3/-- (Perception 26 | SM26 | (Kn All) 20 | Detect-magic/Lies/True Seeing [Constant] DV120' TS30'),Hero 5/5, Mythic 13/day

Alyln sat cross legged and similarly from nowhere a deck of harrow cards where in her hand.

She lay out a Patton of all 54 cards, then asks.

"Lanthe pick 9 cards, and place them one by one on in three lines of three in front of you. Do not look at them but keep them face down."

Lanthe roll 1d54 9 times, re-roll repeats if you will


The (currently smaller) halfgiant sits cross-legged in front of Alyln and begins to draw cards, laying them out as the Sister of Change directs her.

Sir Stingsalot crouches by her knee and watches intently.

I'm just saying that any repeat is the next undrawn card (with wraparound).

1d54 ⇒ 16
1d54 ⇒ 49
1d54 ⇒ 7
1d54 ⇒ 52
1d54 ⇒ 33
1d54 ⇒ 52 - 53
1d54 ⇒ 17
1d54 ⇒ 52 - 54
1d54 ⇒ 52 - 1


Female Fox Oracle 5/Kyubi Paragon 5 Eldritch Godling 10 Archmage 5 | HP 123/123 | AC:32 T:23 Fl:23 | CMB: +7 CMD: 22 | F +16 R +15 W +19 | Init +8 | Perc: +24 Sense Motive +22
Spells:
Oracle: 1st 8/9 2nd 8/8 3rd 8/8 4th 6/6 | Sorcerer: 1st 8/8 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 4/4
Other resources:
Mythic Power 12/13 | Chakra 9/9 | Shapeshift 10/10 | Effort 2/2

Silvertail glances at the others. "Any last questions for you? It sounds as if we'll have to find these 'ancient gates' if we want any real answers."


Female Swanmay Angel Eldritch Godling 10/Radiant 10

I'm still in mid spell. I believe we have one or two more questions.


Image Drendali Warlock/Godling/Trickster 10/10/5 | Initi+15|HP:112/93|AC 28(28T|--FF)(CMD 20)(F26|R30|W30/+2vs enchantment)(Res10 Fire/DR10/Force+DR3/-- (Perception 26 | SM26 | (Kn All) 20 | Detect-magic/Lies/True Seeing [Constant] DV120' TS30'),Hero 5/5, Mythic 13/day

She points at the 9 cards

"This column here is this the past, it is bound by law for it is fixed and unchanging. The top card is positive, the middle balanced the bottom negative. The middle column is the here and now, the present. Its neutral as we can't know what events fully mean until they are completed, and 3ed column is the future, Chaotic and ever changing."

She flipped the three cards of the past.

1d54 ⇒ 16 /
"The Avalanche, This is the lawful evil card of dexterity. It represents disaster: an unthinking panic and destruction that overruns all. Humm something in you past drive you to aid others, this is what is pushing you"

1d54 ⇒ 49 /
"The Publican, This is the chaotic good card of wisdom. It represents fellowship and refuge. The cyclops is a seemingly inconsequential figure who nonetheless has relevant insight. This is your link to Brunhild and you being here now. This is where you stand"

1d54 ⇒ 7
"The Fiend, This is the lawful evil card of strength. It is a devil that devours the masses of the innocent, and can represent the deaths of many in a disaster. This is what we seek something of great evil that will devours the masses. This is what is pulling you. "

She sits back

"This is all the past, and what has bright you here. Do you agree.


"Fascinating! It was an earthquake, actually, and not a natural one. An evil mage with an army of titanspawn attacked the village I lived in, starting with him destroying our homes with a massive quake. I drove them off--and rebuilt the homes--but the mage escaped. I've looked for him for years.

"Go on then, I'm curious to hear more."


Image Drendali Warlock/Godling/Trickster 10/10/5 | Initi+15|HP:112/93|AC 28(28T|--FF)(CMD 20)(F26|R30|W30/+2vs enchantment)(Res10 Fire/DR10/Force+DR3/-- (Perception 26 | SM26 | (Kn All) 20 | Detect-magic/Lies/True Seeing [Constant] DV120' TS30'),Hero 5/5, Mythic 13/day

She nods than says

"The here and now"

1d54 ⇒ 52
"The Tyrant This is the lawful evil card of charisma. It represents a ruler who harms those he rules. Interesting, lets keep going."

1d54 ⇒ 33
"The Vision, This is the chaotic neutral card of intelligence. It represents esoteric and arcane knowledge, or madness. Arrr, lets see the last"

1d54 ⇒ 53
"The Betrayal
This is the neutral evil card of charisma. It represents selfishness and envy."

She looked hard at the cards for a while, then said.

"Not all is what it seems here, someone or something related to you, is seeking to deceive you. They seek to do this with arcane skills. Be very careful about who told you to come here"

She placed her hand over the last collaum of cards.

"Should I go on?"


1d54 ⇒ 17
"The Crows
The Liar, This is the chaotic evil card of charisma. It represents destructive, treacherous love. The lamia signals obsession, star-crossed lovers, or unrequited desire. You may have to brake some rules winning this one. Well it looks like this is the battle you mst fight."

1d54 ⇒ 54
"The Crows This is the neutral evil card of dexterity. It represents murder, theft, and the violent loss of that which is loved. Well you get the idea. This is the crimes we shall be facing."

1d54 ⇒ 01
"The Paladin, The Paladin is the lawful good card of strength. It represents standing resolutely against trouble, without backing down. This is you, trying right now to stop the harm and not be sucked in bay it. And that is the end of your readying.


Image Drendali Warlock/Godling/Trickster 10/10/5 | Initi+15|HP:112/93|AC 28(28T|--FF)(CMD 20)(F26|R30|W30/+2vs enchantment)(Res10 Fire/DR10/Force+DR3/-- (Perception 26 | SM26 | (Kn All) 20 | Detect-magic/Lies/True Seeing [Constant] DV120' TS30'),Hero 5/5, Mythic 13/day

1d54 ⇒ 17
"The Crows
The Liar, This is the chaotic evil card of charisma. It represents destructive, treacherous love. The lamia signals obsession, star-crossed lovers, or unrequited desire. You may have to brake some rules winning this one. Well it looks like this is the battle you mst fight."

1d54 ⇒ 54
"The Crows This is the neutral evil card of dexterity. It represents murder, theft, and the violent loss of that which is loved. Well you get the idea. This is the crimes we shall be facing."

1d54 ⇒ 01
"The Paladin, The Paladin is the lawful good card of strength. It represents standing resolutely against trouble, without backing down. This is you, trying right now to stop the harm and not be sucked in bay it. And that is the end of your readying.


|| Oasis of Khaldun || || Children of the Gods: Battlemaps ||
Alyln wrote:

Alyln spins in the spot, the fancy taking her, and the sound of children's laughter seems to carried on the wind. Her dance takes her into the air, as she spins around. Small back butterfly spring from her footsteps.

"Brunhild calls me The Whimsical Queen, others call me Sister of change' 'Bother of Chance' other or are not so kind call me The Killing Joke."

Her sex changes to a him and back again,

"But names are not what you are really remembered for and name is nothing unless means something. My followers know that, we are harmless all of us, me as well. I harm no one, chance dose that, risk and the willingness to face it. The tolls chose to be here, and the consequence was this. They lost thire names, becoming not even a footnote in the story of our."

She winked out of being and came back sitting close to a troll looking into its face. A face with no had make-up in she had placed there. She leaned in and whispered into its ear.

When you get to the other side, tell them who sent you"

She sat back up,

** spoiler omitted **

Alyln:

I'm just going to group the knowledge checks together and give you an info dump, since a lot of them are overlapping.

The "Ancient Ones" who demand sacrifice and oaths are almost certainly the enigmatic slarecians, a mysterious subterranean race who are famed as masters of the powers of thought and persuasion. Feared by the children of god and titan alike, the slarecians are among the most enigmatic and terrible of Scarn's mysteries.

The servant of the "Ancient Ones" mentioned by the Trolls could well be the great blue dragon Jailryrrusighoryggysunthorracrunth, whose territory is known to be within the vicinity of the desert reaches through which the party is now traveling. The ancient drake is known to be incredibly avaricious and territorial.

The oasis is likely that of Khaldun, a semi-mythical refuge from the desert heat. It is surrounded by enchanted pillars that form an arcane barrier that protects the waters of the settlement.


Image Drendali Warlock/Godling/Trickster 10/10/5 | Initi+15|HP:112/93|AC 28(28T|--FF)(CMD 20)(F26|R30|W30/+2vs enchantment)(Res10 Fire/DR10/Force+DR3/-- (Perception 26 | SM26 | (Kn All) 20 | Detect-magic/Lies/True Seeing [Constant] DV120' TS30'),Hero 5/5, Mythic 13/day

She picks up the cards and places them once more in her Harrow deck.

"So this is what I think from your cards, you where forged by great forces, ones that would have broken others. They made you who you are, forging and indomitable soul that can't be bent to darkness. So here and now, there is a acting evil hidden hand that wants to put you in harms way. This hidden hand has working magics."

She says half to herself.

"Interesting a dark hand and the "Ancient Ones", magics I wounder..."

She hovers of the floor drifting upward as she seems lost in thought. Then snapped her fingers.

"I'm and idiot, a hidden hand who works great magics and linked to the "Ancient Ones"."

She slaps her forehead.

"I once read some scrolls, they talked of the "Ancient Ones" they sounded like the enigmatic mysterious subterranean race know as the slarecians,, Mind mages using powers of thought and persuasion and feared just by just about everyone."

She notices she floating and starts to sink back down again.

"BUT! In the scrolls also talked about a servant they had, which I think the Trolls where talking about, It was a great blue dragon know for being incredibly avaricious and territorial called."

She says in a low voice.

"Jailryrrusighoryggysunthorracrunth,"

and looks about to see no one is there. Her true seeing always spotting the hidden.

"They said its territory was here in the desert reaches. At an oasis known as Khaldun. A semi-mythical refuge that's surrounded they say by magical enchanted pillars that form an great arcane barrier hiding and protects its master."

She gets up and taps her head.

"What if... if... old blue has had a change of heart, all these years getting richer and fatter, no boss to take its stuff till it what to do. Years in which to find ways to get out form under the full control of the "Ancient Ones" Years to plan thire downfall. Ianthe what if old blue is our evil hidden hand, setting us here as a means to do its will, to remove its masters. You know I think it would be a very good idea to go have a little chat with old blue."

She pointed across the sands.

"and to do that we need to get to Khaldun, which I think is that way."


Alyln wrote:

She picks up the cards and places them once more in her Harrow deck.

"So this is what I think from your cards, you where forged by great forces, ones that would have broken others. They made you who you are, forging and indomitable soul that can't be bent to darkness. So here and now, there is a acting evil hidden hand that wants to put you in harms way. This hidden hand has working magics."

She says half to herself.

"Interesting a dark hand and the "Ancient Ones", magics I wounder..."

She hovers of the floor drifting upward as she seems lost in thought. Then snapped her fingers.

"I'm and idiot, a hidden hand who works great magics and linked to the "Ancient Ones"."

She slaps her forehead.

"I once read some scrolls, they talked of the "Ancient Ones" they sounded like the enigmatic mysterious subterranean race know as the slarecians,, Mind mages using powers of thought and persuasion and feared just by just about everyone."

She notices she floating and starts to sink back down again.

"BUT! In the scrolls also talked about a servant they had, which I think the Trolls where talking about, It was a great blue dragon know for being incredibly avaricious and territorial called."

She says in a low voice.

"Jailryrrusighoryggysunthorracrunth,"

and looks about to see no one is there. Her true seeing always spotting the hidden.

"They said its territory was here in the desert reaches. At an oasis known as Khaldun. A semi-mythical refuge that's surrounded they say by magical enchanted pillars that form an great arcane barrier hiding and protects its master."

She gets up and taps her head.

"What if... if... old blue has had a change of heart, all these years getting richer and fatter, no boss to take its stuff till it what to do. Years in which to find ways to get out form under the full control of the "Ancient Ones" Years to plan thire downfall. Ianthe what if old blue is our evil hidden...

The emissary of Quelsk interrupts Aylyn's exposition as soon as the last nuggets of information have been delivered,

"Um, excuse me, but did I understand correctly that we're contemplating trespassing on the territory of an ancient and unfriendly blue dragon? That seems... not ideal."

She then gazes upon the scene of carnage surrounding her once again, taking note of the distended body of each troll,

"Second thought, I'm sure it will be fine. My own person, as well as my companions," she gestures at the two other riders from Quelsk, "will take up the rear, but you feel free to ride on ahead and scout out the situation at the Oasis of Khaldun, we in no way want to slow your progress."


ᛒᚱᚢᚾᚺᛁᛚᛞ᛫ᛒᛚᚨᚲᚲᚨᚱᚱᛟᚹ Godbound: 2 Effort (max damage), Summon bow, unlimited arrows Damage (0) HP (150) Saves (24/24/26, +2 Rage) AC (36/29/24, +4 Barkskin/Shield) Ki (8/10) Rage (9/10) Retribution (15/15) Mythic Power (11/13) Initiative (+7)

Brunhild’s eyes lit up. ”An ancient blue?”

Knowledge for their weaknesses and immunities: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (9) + 23 = 32

Despite herself she was excited. This sounded like a challenge! She hadn’t had a real challenge in almost a century. She never felt really alive unless she faced mortal peril.

”Sounds like you’re reading was right. It’d take us working together to take down one of the ancient ones. Ah, I can’t wait!”


Female Fox Oracle 5/Kyubi Paragon 5 Eldritch Godling 10 Archmage 5 | HP 123/123 | AC:32 T:23 Fl:23 | CMB: +7 CMD: 22 | F +16 R +15 W +19 | Init +8 | Perc: +24 Sense Motive +22
Spells:
Oracle: 1st 8/9 2nd 8/8 3rd 8/8 4th 6/6 | Sorcerer: 1st 8/8 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 4/4
Other resources:
Mythic Power 12/13 | Chakra 9/9 | Shapeshift 10/10 | Effort 2/2

So these "Ancient Ones" had fearful powers over the mind? They sounded...

Delicious.

Sure, they wouldn't hold a candle to Titans, but she'd take what she could get.

But for now...

"We still have a question left, do we not?" she asks no one in particular, than turns to the corpse. "How does one pass the barrier around the oasis?"

After the answer she turns to the emissary and smiles up at him sweetly.

"I would suggest staying well back from us. We'll handle the problems, but there might be a bit of a mess."


Silvertail, Queen of Foxes wrote:

So these "Ancient Ones" had fearful powers over the mind? They sounded...

Delicious.

Sure, they wouldn't hold a candle to Titans, but she'd take what she could get.

But for now...

"We still have a question left, do we not?" she asks no one in particular, than turns to the corpse. "How does one pass the barrier around the oasis?"

After the answer she turns to the emissary and smiles up at him sweetly.

"I would suggest staying well back from us. We'll handle the problems, but there might be a bit of a mess."

Taliya glances at the felled trolls once again,

"A mess... yes, I can see that."


|| Oasis of Khaldun || || Children of the Gods: Battlemaps ||
Brunhild Blackarrow wrote:

Brunhild’s eyes lit up. ”An ancient blue?”

[dice=Knowledge for their weaknesses and immunities]1d20+23

Despite herself she was excited. This sounded like a challenge! She hadn’t had a real challenge in almost a century. She never felt really alive unless she faced mortal peril.

”Sounds like you’re reading was right. It’d take us working together to take down one of the ancient ones. Ah, I can’t wait!”

Brunhild:

Your check isn't high enough to gain any information (which should tell you how high the CR for this beast is!


Image Drendali Warlock/Godling/Trickster 10/10/5 | Initi+15|HP:112/93|AC 28(28T|--FF)(CMD 20)(F26|R30|W30/+2vs enchantment)(Res10 Fire/DR10/Force+DR3/-- (Perception 26 | SM26 | (Kn All) 20 | Detect-magic/Lies/True Seeing [Constant] DV120' TS30'),Hero 5/5, Mythic 13/day

Alyln nods

"There you go, seeing the Blue I feel would give us information or death. Chance of one or the other"

She says with a smile


As the final cards are being read

"That's...odd. And fascinating. Thank you. I certainly try to stand between evil and whoever might be in its path." Ianthe says, as Alyln once more starts to drift into the air. "May I return the gift of your reading? The Whimsical Queen deserves a whimsical crown. Perhaps I can make you one?"

When Alyln puts together what the dead troll was talking about, Ianthe's attention shifts immediately.

"The desert has more than it's share of blue dragons." She holds up her hammer, smiling as she displays the electric-blue dragon-skin which wraps the hammer's grip. "I've never met an Ancient before. Only heard rumors...

"I don't know how much this Jailryrrusighoryggysunthorracrunth will be willing to tell us...but hey, I never thought to chat with dead trolls either, so what do I know?

"One thing's for sure, if you're going that way you'll want the Guarding Hammer at the fore."


Image Drendali Warlock/Godling/Trickster 10/10/5 | Initi+15|HP:112/93|AC 28(28T|--FF)(CMD 20)(F26|R30|W30/+2vs enchantment)(Res10 Fire/DR10/Force+DR3/-- (Perception 26 | SM26 | (Kn All) 20 | Detect-magic/Lies/True Seeing [Constant] DV120' TS30'),Hero 5/5, Mythic 13/day

Alyln gives a big grin,

"A crown would be nice, on that change colour all the time."

Then as they seem to agree.

"Then lets start on our way to the Hidden home of the Blue"

She winks out of being and back in again at the top of a dune not far way.

"Its this way"

101 to 150 of 261 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Children of the Gods: A Scarred Lands Adventure Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.