STRANGE AEONS

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

You wake up not knowing who or what you are, the campaign revolves around solving this mystery

Strange Aeons treasure list

Strange Aeons specific treasures

clues

images

maps


1 to 50 of 3,950 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male High Azlanti DM

Gameplay section for strange aeons


Dotting


Male High Azlanti DM

All around is a wall of sickly yellow fog, tumbling through the alley's canyon of crumbling gray brick walls like some jaundiced flash flood. Ahead, the unfamiliar alley splits, curving to the left and right. Behind, from the silent swell of mist, emanates the sound of footsteps-slow, but somehow keeping pace with the careening, hungry wave. You don't know how you got here or who you are. The others look familiar to you but you can't place them

GM note - You each have your main weapon only. Spellcasters have spell components and spellbooks.

Initiative order:

Trevor 24
Chakam 19
Akhuko 18
Domeric 9


|HP: 43/43 (4NL)| AC: 22 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 2, CMD: 15 | F:+8, R:+7, W:+4 | Init: +3 | Acro +9, Heal +9, Lore (Kintargo Sewers) +7, Kn Nat +5, Perc: +9, Sleight +10, Stealth +9, | Speed 30ft | Burn 1/7 | KB:+5(6), 2d6+4(+1) [Overflow +1/+2 if 1 burn] | Active conditions: Shroud of Water (+3 shield AC)

Vast, echoing silence. Somehow wrong - there should be... more... The small creature stands cautiously and looks around.

"Who are you?" It asks, cycling through languages without remarkable ease. "Where am I?"


Male High Azlanti DM

Trevor your action


Male Human Druid 6 / Ranger 1

Posting already so we don't wait too much for Trevor...

Chakam woke up a little dizzy. He shook his head, as if with a painful headache, and for moments ignored the voices around him. His thoughts were still a little confused, but he felt he had a guiding light: for in his mind, a bright large Dawnflower was shining as strong as the Sun itself.

The Paladin of Hope knew something had happened, but in his core refused to bow to the situation. He touched his greatsword, on the back, and pulled it to help him stand up. The plate was adorned with signs of Sarenrae, and he felt as if it helped him gain his forces back. Something... Alien... Had happened. But he was going to do something about it and change his situation.

Sarenrae bless you. - he finally spoke. His mind was still confused; he couldn't even remember his full name! Yet, somehow, his mission was still clear - I... don't know where we are. But feel hopeful, because we will find out soon. Together.

The paladin then inspected the room, focusing to check if they were in the presence of evil.

Move action to stand up and pull weapon (BAB+1), standard to Detect evil


Male High Azlanti DM

Chakam you can detect the presence of evil within the fog.

Trevor and Domeric you can both take a single action.


Male High Azlanti DM

The alley walls sag, battered brick slumping over the path, nearly blotting out the bruised twilight sky. Again the grimy cobblestone path splits. This time one route curves uphill, while the other recklessly descends. Behind, the yellow fog and the relentless sound of pursuit grow closer

What do you want to do now?


Male Human Druid 6 / Ranger 1

We are in the presence of evil! - the Paladin yells, and turns around. He firms his legs on the ground and looks at the yellow fog and whatever could be justifying the pursuit - he won't cower, he won't run, he will face whatever is coming for them.

Can I see the others? Can I recognize them as friends?


Male High Azlanti DM

@ Chakam- you can see the others, they seem vaguely familiar but you do not know if they are friends or just people you've met.

The mist parts, now mere steps behind. A mask of gray rags emerges, strips of something fleshier than fabric worming and constricting across a body that's almost humanlike - but too lean, and far too flexible. Gauzy gray ribbons reach out like tendrils, each grasping for less doubtful flesh to claim.


101/101 1/2 Orc
San loss:
Fighter10HP96/96 Init+6,F10R6W8(11 vs. Fear),Per+10,AC22T12FF20
Mutagen:
HP 79/101AC25T12FF23

Whoops sorry.

Trevor pushes himself up from the ground, his aching body seems to hurt worse than it usually does and he gazes around at the strangeness.

Wah..Ur? Trevor grasps at his hammer and sweats as his eyes dart around.

At the sudden voice, Trevor whirls to look at the strange man. Evil?! Where? Where are we?


|HP: 43/43 (4NL)| AC: 22 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 2, CMD: 15 | F:+8, R:+7, W:+4 | Init: +3 | Acro +9, Heal +9, Lore (Kintargo Sewers) +7, Kn Nat +5, Perc: +9, Sleight +10, Stealth +9, | Speed 30ft | Burn 1/7 | KB:+5(6), 2d6+4(+1) [Overflow +1/+2 if 1 burn] | Active conditions: Shroud of Water (+3 shield AC)

"I do not know." The hunched over figure says, staring at the mist intently. "This should not move like that."


Male Human Bard(Arcane Duelist) 10, 81/81 HP

"What... what is this place. Who are you people?" Domeric asked nervously. He looks around, scanning the area with a detect magic spell, before noticing the approaching figure and drawing his weapon.

If we are a two weapon fighting build, do we have both our weapons, or still only one?


101/101 1/2 Orc
San loss:
Fighter10HP96/96 Init+6,F10R6W8(11 vs. Fear),Per+10,AC22T12FF20
Mutagen:
HP 79/101AC25T12FF23

T.t..trevor Trevor shakes and licks his lips. We gunna fight dat?


Male Human Druid 6 / Ranger 1

Chakam looks around. He knew these people were at least his acquaintances, and he could clearly identify the true danger going towards them. He took the point and spoke bravely.

And I am... Chakam... - the brief pause happened as the name almost sounded foreign to him - ... And don’t fear, as we have Sarenrae with us. Have hope!

With that said, he advanced and attacked the strange creature. He was clearly troubled by its appearance, but the zeal of his faith was guiding his thoughts.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 1 = 10
Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 5) + 9 = 16

The attack went clumsy without any precision, though.

Not sure if my “foe of the strange” trait applies


101/101 1/2 Orc
San loss:
Fighter10HP96/96 Init+6,F10R6W8(11 vs. Fear),Per+10,AC22T12FF20
Mutagen:
HP 79/101AC25T12FF23

Seeing the newcomer raise his weapon, Trevor grits his teeth. This gotta be a dream ya? Yea! Gotta be strong in a dream. get wings, yea!

Earthbreaker: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 182d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2) + 4 = 8


Male Human Bard(Arcane Duelist) 10, 81/81 HP

Twisting and cacophonous music erupts around Domeric.

Inspire Courage for +1 to party's attack and damage rolls


|HP: 43/43 (4NL)| AC: 22 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 2, CMD: 15 | F:+8, R:+7, W:+4 | Init: +3 | Acro +9, Heal +9, Lore (Kintargo Sewers) +7, Kn Nat +5, Perc: +9, Sleight +10, Stealth +9, | Speed 30ft | Burn 1/7 | KB:+5(6), 2d6+4(+1) [Overflow +1/+2 if 1 burn] | Active conditions: Shroud of Water (+3 shield AC)

"Who is Sarenrae?" The creature asks, slowly. "Dov'e est il palazzo? Und was ist das?" He asks, changing languages seemingly at random.

He watches the others moving to attack the mist without any discernable emotion visible on his strange, long-nosed face.


Male High Azlanti DM

The creature moves forward (see picture of Tatterman).

It moves towards Chakam and attacks

War razor (1d20=12+9) = 21 Damage (1d4 = 4 +4=8)

Initiative order

Akhuko
Trevor
Chakra
Domeric
Tatterman


|HP: 43/43 (4NL)| AC: 22 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 2, CMD: 15 | F:+8, R:+7, W:+4 | Init: +3 | Acro +9, Heal +9, Lore (Kintargo Sewers) +7, Kn Nat +5, Perc: +9, Sleight +10, Stealth +9, | Speed 30ft | Burn 1/7 | KB:+5(6), 2d6+4(+1) [Overflow +1/+2 if 1 burn] | Active conditions: Shroud of Water (+3 shield AC)

Akukho simply stares, mind fumbling through a great void far away...


Male Human Druid 6 / Ranger 1

Damn that hurt! Oh well, that might my fastest adventure ever :)

Have hope, my friends! - he screams as he attacks again.

Swift action to Bestow Hope - everybody gains DR 1/-until the end of the fight.
Again power attacking and adding the bard bonus, but not my trait bonus as I don’t know if it applies.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 1 + 1 = 23
Damage: 2d6 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4, 1) + 9 + 1 = 15


101/101 1/2 Orc
San loss:
Fighter10HP96/96 Init+6,F10R6W8(11 vs. Fear),Per+10,AC22T12FF20
Mutagen:
HP 79/101AC25T12FF23

ARRRRRR!!! Begone foul one!

Earthbreaker,Inspire: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 92d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 1) + 5 = 8


Male Human Bard(Arcane Duelist) 10, 81/81 HP

Assuming that I have both of my TWF weapons

Maintaining the song, Domeric uses Arcane Strike and unleashes a flurry of quick attacks with his Starknives.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage 1: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Attack 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Damage 2: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male High Azlanti DM

Your blows hit the creature but atoll it continues to attack.

On Chakam

War razor (1d20=16 + 9 = 25. Damage (1d4 = 1+4 =5)

Claw = 1d20 = 16 +3 =19). Miss

Claw = 1d20 = 10 +3 =13 miss

Akhuko back to you.


Male Human Druid 6 / Ranger 1

I'm assuming the damage above isn't counting my DR, so I'm miraculously at HP 1 at the moment!


101/101 1/2 Orc
San loss:
Fighter10HP96/96 Init+6,F10R6W8(11 vs. Fear),Per+10,AC22T12FF20
Mutagen:
HP 79/101AC25T12FF23

Trevor keeps pounding frantically!

Earthbreaker,Inspire: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 102d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 4) + 5 = 11


Male Human Bard(Arcane Duelist) 10, 81/81 HP

Maintaining his song, Domeric attacks again with his starknives.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage 1: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Attack 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage 2: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Human Druid 6 / Ranger 1

Not sure if I can attack too since the GM called for Akhuko only, but guessing I can... Following the others :)

Chakam is absurdly hurt, almost dropping to his feet, yet he persists attacking. His scars will be his prize; the goddess illuminates his path.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 1 + 1 = 22
Damage: 2d6 + 6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4, 5) + 6 + 3 + 1 = 19


|HP: 43/43 (4NL)| AC: 22 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 2, CMD: 15 | F:+8, R:+7, W:+4 | Init: +3 | Acro +9, Heal +9, Lore (Kintargo Sewers) +7, Kn Nat +5, Perc: +9, Sleight +10, Stealth +9, | Speed 30ft | Burn 1/7 | KB:+5(6), 2d6+4(+1) [Overflow +1/+2 if 1 burn] | Active conditions: Shroud of Water (+3 shield AC)

Akukho continues to stare, claws twitching and mind far away.

Knowledge, what is this thing?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 +1 if I need arcana, dungeoneering or planes.


Male High Azlanti DM

Akhuko you recognise this as a type of doppelganger.

Again your blows hit but it keeps coming.

On Chakram

Was Razor (1d20 = 8 + 9= 17) miss

Claw (1d20 = 10 +3 = 13) miss

Claw (1d20 = 11 +4 = 15) miss


Male Human Druid 6 / Ranger 1

Miraculously still alive and clueless, the Suli persists attacking the enemy. He felt Sarenrae was protecting him and his companions.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 1 + 1 = 8
Damage: 2d6 + 6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6, 4) + 6 + 3 + 1 = 20

On a side note, maybe we will need a fifth member for our party... With real healing powers :O


101/101 1/2 Orc
San loss:
Fighter10HP96/96 Init+6,F10R6W8(11 vs. Fear),Per+10,AC22T12FF20
Mutagen:
HP 79/101AC25T12FF23

Trevor is absolutly sure he will hit eventually!
Earthbreaker,Inpire: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 242d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 3) + 5 = 11

Begone foul spirit!


|HP: 43/43 (4NL)| AC: 22 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 2, CMD: 15 | F:+8, R:+7, W:+4 | Init: +3 | Acro +9, Heal +9, Lore (Kintargo Sewers) +7, Kn Nat +5, Perc: +9, Sleight +10, Stealth +9, | Speed 30ft | Burn 1/7 | KB:+5(6), 2d6+4(+1) [Overflow +1/+2 if 1 burn] | Active conditions: Shroud of Water (+3 shield AC)

"It is a shapechanger, doppelganger, shabih ... shakhs mushabih!" Akukho calls out, not entirely sure what he means by that.


101/101 1/2 Orc
San loss:
Fighter10HP96/96 Init+6,F10R6W8(11 vs. Fear),Per+10,AC22T12FF20
Mutagen:
HP 79/101AC25T12FF23

WELL DON'T JUST STAND THERE! HELP US!


Male Human Bard(Arcane Duelist) 10, 81/81 HP

Domeric continues to maintain his song, and attacks again.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage 1: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Attack 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Damage 2: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male High Azlanti DM

Your attacks hit but still the creature keeps coming.

It attacks Chakam again

War razor (1d20 = 1) miss

Claw (1d20 = 18 +3) = 21 Damage (1d8 =1 +1) = 2

Claw (1d20 = 9 +3) = 12 Miss


Male Human Druid 6 / Ranger 1

Chakam puts everything on his last attack, then finally drops unconscious.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 1 + 1 = 7
Damage: 2d6 + 6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5, 2) + 6 + 3 + 1 = 17

He misses miserably.

I had only 1 HP, and took 2 points of damage; since I still have the DR 1/- going, then I dropped to 0 HP. With my action, I fell unconscious and stable.


101/101 1/2 Orc
San loss:
Fighter10HP96/96 Init+6,F10R6W8(11 vs. Fear),Per+10,AC22T12FF20
Mutagen:
HP 79/101AC25T12FF23

Can I roll to disbelieve?
Trevor froths and keeps swinging

Axe,Inspire: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 122d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 6) + 5 = 13

I MUST FOCUS MY CHI!!!!


|HP: 43/43 (4NL)| AC: 22 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 2, CMD: 15 | F:+8, R:+7, W:+4 | Init: +3 | Acro +9, Heal +9, Lore (Kintargo Sewers) +7, Kn Nat +5, Perc: +9, Sleight +10, Stealth +9, | Speed 30ft | Burn 1/7 | KB:+5(6), 2d6+4(+1) [Overflow +1/+2 if 1 burn] | Active conditions: Shroud of Water (+3 shield AC)

Akukho's nerve finally breaks and he scrambles away as best he can...


101/101 1/2 Orc
San loss:
Fighter10HP96/96 Init+6,F10R6W8(11 vs. Fear),Per+10,AC22T12FF20
Mutagen:
HP 79/101AC25T12FF23

Trevor says something unprintable.


Male Human Bard(Arcane Duelist) 10, 81/81 HP

Domeric attacks.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage 1: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Attack 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damage 2: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male High Azlanti DM

You attack the creature but it keeps coming

On Chakam

War razor (1d20 = 20- confirmation 16 + 9 = 25) - Crit confirmed

Damage (1d4 = 3+4) = 7 and (1d4 = 4 +4) = 8 = Total 15 damage

Chakam dies in a burst of blood, it sprays arterially and forms the word "me"

Akhuko back to you.


|HP: 43/43 (4NL)| AC: 22 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 2, CMD: 15 | F:+8, R:+7, W:+4 | Init: +3 | Acro +9, Heal +9, Lore (Kintargo Sewers) +7, Kn Nat +5, Perc: +9, Sleight +10, Stealth +9, | Speed 30ft | Burn 1/7 | KB:+5(6), 2d6+4(+1) [Overflow +1/+2 if 1 burn] | Active conditions: Shroud of Water (+3 shield AC)

Akukho catches sight of the arterial spray as he flees.

Me? Why me? Who me? Thoughts scramble frantically through the echoing emptiness.


Male High Azlanti DM

Over to Trevor


101/101 1/2 Orc
San loss:
Fighter10HP96/96 Init+6,F10R6W8(11 vs. Fear),Per+10,AC22T12FF20
Mutagen:
HP 79/101AC25T12FF23

Trevor swings
Earthbreaker,Inpire: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 112d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 2) + 5 = 12


Male High Azlanti DM

Your blow strikes the creature but it is still now

Domeric your action


Male Human Bard(Arcane Duelist) 10, 81/81 HP

Domeric attacks.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damage 1: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Attack 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Damage 2: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Human Druid 6 / Ranger 1

That was fast! It chose to attack an unconscious man bleeding on the floor! At least I’m happy I gave the others another round. Could I create a new char?


101/101 1/2 Orc
San loss:
Fighter10HP96/96 Init+6,F10R6W8(11 vs. Fear),Per+10,AC22T12FF20
Mutagen:
HP 79/101AC25T12FF23

If 'it is still now'. I take it it is down. Trevor keeps mashing it's head.


Male High Azlanti DM

Sorry that was a typo- should have read it is still there.

It moves forward and appears next to Akhuko

War Razor (1d20 = 14 + 9) = 24 Damage (1d4 = 2+4) = 6

Akhuko your action.

1 to 50 of 3,950 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Strange aeons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.