Wrath of the Righteous Part 2: Sword of Valor

Game Master Atorhal

SECTION ONE: Crusader's March
Now invested with righteous mythic power, Our Heroes are tasked with their first mission. Lead an army to recapture the citadel city of Drezen, lost in the First Crusade, and the crusaders’ Relic of power!

Current Strategic Map: STRATEGIC OVERVIEW

Current Tactical Map:


351 to 400 of 507 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Can I ask how many enemy tieflings are coming towards me?


Voren: It's on your Tactical Overview. There are five.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Sorry. I didn't see that separate link.

Voren sees the tieflings running at him and the wounded crusaders. He looks nervous since no one is there to help him. "No... no... no, no, no..." He then feels the mythic power coursing through him. He stands straighter as confidence and bravery take hold. "You will not harm my charges! You will not!" His eyes glow a bright white as he channels his mythic abilities and begins to cast a spell. He pulls out a bit of spider web from his pouch and chants and gestures. When he's done, a web shoots out at the enemies, this one even stronger than the last.

Swift action to use my wild arcana (which will cost one use of mythic power, which I don't think I've used). Standard action to cast web. It's a 20 foot radius. I want to place it so it can get all of the tieflings and not hit any of the crusaders. Wild arcana makes the spell be treated as 2 levels higher. So, I believe that it will put the save as Reflex DC 18. If it also affects the duration, then the web will be around for 80 minutes. So, that'll hold them, if it succeeds.

Wild Arcana:
As a swift action, you can expend one use of mythic power to cast any one arcane spell without expending a prepared spell or spell slot. The spell must be on one of your arcane class spell lists and must be of a level that you can cast with that arcane spellcasting class. You don't need to have the spell prepared, nor does it need to be on your list of spells known. When casting a spell in this way, you treat your caster level as 2 levels higher for the purpose of any effect dependent on level. You can apply any metamagic feats you know to this spell, but its total adjusted level can't be greater than that of the highest-level arcane spell you can cast from that spellcasting class.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Fortitude save: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 3 = 32

Karthak easily shruggs off the effects of the dretch's magic and counters with a swipe of his cold iron waraxe...

Attack roll: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 -> Damage roll: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Post coming soonish. Flying atm -_-;


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Danua holds her position, taking a crossbow bolt in the side before spotting the caster and cursing her luck. The enemy casters magic missiles hammer across her body as she roars in defiance from cover. She sets down Whisper and deduces a plan to take out the most dangerous of the group. The Caster Summoning up her last mythic spell, she hoped it would at least reveal where the caster was so she could kill him.

The magic missiles formed from her hand and she gave the caster a smug look before raining them down on him. They screamed through the air and slammed into the caster and his images like sledgehammer's. "Suck on these goat lovers!"

Swift - Use 1 Arcana add +2 to Whisper, Oath of the Moonwalker
SA - Cast last Mythic Magic Missile Targeting the Caster.
Mythic Magic Missile creates 3 missiles that deal 2d4+1 Damage each.

Mythic Missile Damage
Damage MM #1: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (5, 6) + 1 = 12

Damage MM #2: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (8, 5) + 1 = 14

Damage MM #3: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (7, 3) + 1 = 11

Optional based on how far away the caster is, I'm not on the map so I can't gauge. :/

If the caster is within 30ft of her position.

Use 1 Mythic Power - Surprise Strike

Ranged attack +Surprise Strike (Flat footed, Bypass DR) + PBS: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 21
Damage, + STR + Arcana + PBS: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 9
Cover >20% - OK: 1d100 ⇒ 69 It's Okay


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum, breathing hard, is almost taken aback by the tiefling soldiers, but then he bares his teeth in a feral grin. "Very well, dogs. Your blood is good enough for the earth...SARKORIS HAAAAAA!"

Not being observed by any of his friends, the big man allows the power he's felt stirring inside him to take over, and he roars as his muscles bulge and face lengthens into an ursine snout. He lunges at the nearest tiefling with his bear hands!

Claw 1, first attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Claw 2, first attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Confirm??: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Claw 1 bonus: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 (26 points of damage total)

His first blow is a brutal slash that lays open the tiefling's ribs. He swings again and misses, but continues to swing in a wild flurry. Tentak also snaps at the tiefling's feet.

Claw 1, second attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Claw 2, second attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Tentak's bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Tentak's Claw 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Tentak's Claw 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Jokum backs up against the wall, hoping that Tentak will follow him...

Actions:

I'm assuming Tentak starts next to Jokum, to the east. All attacks target Tiefling 2 until he falls, at which point they switch to Tiefling 3.

Jokum:
Full-round action: full attack with claws
None: 5' step due south

Tentak:
FRA: full attack with claws and bite
None: possible 5' step due south, GM's discretion (Tentak doesn't know "come," so he might not)


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Oh, and wait...if the last two attacks both hit the same target, Jokum rends them, spending 1 point of MP to do so. :D

Please let me know if this happens, GM, so I'll remember to subtract the MP.

Rend damage: 1d8 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 9 + (2) = 19


ARTHAS Round 2

Despite the darkness concealing the tieflings attacking Arthas, it doesn’t conceal the hafts of their weapons.
Arthas lunged west and in the sudden light exposed three tieflings. He lit into them with power attacks.
radiance attack 1: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 20 for a possible 1d10 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 4 = 10 slashing damage. Hit for damage.
radiance attack 2: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 27 for a possible 1d10 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 = 11 slashing damage. Confirms the crit and beheads Red 2 with a flash of Radiant light.
Imp. Shield Bash: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 11 for a possible 1d6 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 4 = 10 slashing damage. Miss.
Using a Mythic surge, Arthas attacks Red 1 again.
radiance attack 1: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 18 for a possible 1d10 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 = 12 slashing damage. Hit for damage. and he hacks down Red 1 as well.
Then heals himself with a Lay on Hands.

The remaining tieflings did not hesitate in pursuing Arthas and attacking.
MW Glaive attk 3 vs Arthas: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 = 20 for a possible1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 piercing damage.
MW Glaive attk 4 vs Arthas: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 = 27 for a possible1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 piercing damage.
MW Glaive attk 5 vs Arthas: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 = 26 for a possible1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 piercing damage.
MW Glaive attk 6 vs Arthas: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 = 23 for a possible1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 piercing damage.
MW Glaive attk 7 vs Arthas: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 = 27 for a possible1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 piercing damage.

TACTICAL OVERVIEW


DANUA Round 2

Danua holds her position, taking a crossbow bolt in the side before spotting the caster and cursing her luck. The enemy casters magic missiles hammer across her body as she roars in defiance from cover. She sets down Whisper and deduces a plan to take out the most dangerous of the group. The Caster Summoning up her last mythic spell, she hoped it would at least reveal where the caster was so she could kill him.
The magic missiles formed from her hand and she gave the caster a smug look before raining them down on him. They screamed through the air and slammed into the caster and his images like sledgehammer's. "Suck on these goat lovers!"
The mythic Magic Missiles slammed through the enemy shield spell (shattering it) to expend their energy in the body of the tiefling caster. Those three are enough to drop him entirely.

The rest of the crossbowmen continue to pelt her.

Crossbow attack1 vs Danua: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 = 28 for a possible 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 piercing damage.
1d100 ⇒ 4. Miss, hit cover.

Crossbow attack2 vs Danua: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 = 13 for a possible 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 piercing damage.
1d100 ⇒ 11. Miss, hit cover.

Crossbow attack3 vs Danua: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 = 23 for a possible 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 piercing damage.
1d100 ⇒ 1. Miss, hit cover.

Crossbow attack4 vs Danua: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 = 12 for a possible 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 piercing damage.
1d100 ⇒ 36. Normal.

Crossbow attack5 vs Danua: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 = 11 Fumble! Hits self for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 piercing damage to self.

Crossbow attack6 vs Danua: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 = 21 for a possible 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 piercing damage.
1d100 ⇒ 71. Normal.

Danua's turn now.
TACTICAL OVERVIEW.
They are 200 feet away, have AC18 and have partial cover (20%).


JOKUM Round 2

Jokum of the Breakbones______
Jokum, breathing hard, is almost taken aback by the tiefling soldiers, but then he bares his teeth in a feral grin. "Very well, dogs. Your blood is good enough for the earth...SARKORIS HAAAAAA!"

Not being observed by any of his friends, the big man allows the power he's felt stirring inside him to take over, and he roars as his muscles bulge and face lengthens into an ursine snout. He lunges at the nearest tiefling with his bear hands!
His first claw attacks shred Red 3 completely, disappearing in a welter of blood.
His second set of claw attacks kill Red 2 more normally, Tentak helping a little.
You really don’t have an opportunity to Rend before they die, but you still can if you want to intimidate the others. If you do, you may also add the mythic roll to intimidate (situational bonus).

The other tieflings surge forward to attack!
MW Glaive attk 1 vs Jokum: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 = 21 for a possible 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 piercing damage.
MW Glaive attk 4 vs Jokum: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 = 16 for a possible 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 piercing damage.
MW Glaive attk 6 vs Jokum: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 = 27 for a possible 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 piercing damage.

Jokum's turn
TACTICAL OVERVIEW


KARTHAK Round 2

Karthak easily shruggs off the effects of the dretch's magic and counters with a swipe of his cold iron waraxe...
He hit! His cold iron axe bit deep into the little demon...

The Dretch also attacked him back.
Claw 1: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 2 = 23 for a possible 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Claw 2: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 = 20 for a possible 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Bite: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 21 for a possible 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Karthak's turn.
TACTICAL OVERVEIW
It has AC16, DR5/cold iron or Good, some elemental resistances.


VOREN Round 2________________

Voren sees the tieflings running at him and the wounded crusaders. He looks nervous since no one is there to help him.
"No... no... no, no, no..." He then feels the mythic power coursing through him. He stands straighter as confidence and bravery take hold.
[b]"You will not harm my charges! You will not!"
His eyes glow a bright white as he channels his mythic abilities and begins to cast a spell. He pulls out a bit of spider web from his pouch and chants and gestures. When he's done, a web shoots out at the enemies, this one even stronger than the last.
Swift action to use my wild arcana (which will cost one use of mythic power, which I don't think I've used). Standard action to cast web. It's a 20 foot radius. I want to place it so it can get all of the tieflings and not hit any of the crusaders. Wild arcana makes the spell be treated as 2 levels higher. So, I believe that it will put the save as Reflex DC 18. If it also affects the duration, then the web will be around for 80 minutes. So, that'll hold them, if it succeeds.
The steely web unfurls, and Red 1 and Red 4 get hung up helplessly in the web. The others are able to evade it.
Red 3 is closest, and he runs up to attack Voren.

MW Glaive attk 3 vs Voren: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 = 24 for a possible 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 piercing damage.
Red 2 and Red 5 take a full round to work their way through the web.

Voren's turn.

TACTICAL OVERVIEW

Their AC is 18.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Karthak keeps raining attacks on the dretch...

Attack roll: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15 -> Damage roll: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Forgot to add the +2 morale bonus from demon hunter before


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

+2 DMG/ATK with Arcana Points applied to Whisper

As the caster was tore apart by her mythic missiles she shouted loudly.
"Be embraced by your S-!" As two more bolts clipped her she stopped talking and picked up Whisper once more. "Teach you to drop me again..."

SA: Attack with Whisper vs last Crossbowman to strike me.: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 = 22
Damage +arcana: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 2 = 12
20% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 76 Normal

She takes aim at the last foe to strike her, intent on killing the ones with the better aim...


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren grunts as he takes the damage. His eyes continuing to glow with mythic power, he steps back and begins casting a spell. He looks at the injured crusaders. "I'm sorry about this. Please just bear with it until they are gone." He chants, gestures, and pulls out a small vial of water and a pinch of dust from his component pouch. When he finishes, the area gets drastically colder. Snow begins to fall. It comes down harder and harder as the wind picks up. Soon, it becomes a full blown sleet storm. Voren shields his eyes. 'This may be difficult to fight in. But, they may have difficulty as well. Not too mention that they may fall over on the ice.'[/b] He then draws his heavy mace.

No Action to take a 5 foot step back. Swift action to use my wild arcana. Standard action to cast [i]sleet storm.

Use of Mythic Power left: 3


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Also, drawing my heavy mace is a move action.


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

I mean, I'm not gonna say no to the free chance at intimidation! ;) Not sure what you mean by the "mythic roll;" I'm guessing you mean a free surge, so I'm rolling with that. If not, just disregard the 1d6.

Intimidate with rending violence!: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 10 + (2) = 20

Jokum lets out a bestial roar as two of the glaives slice into his flesh, and leaps through the air into the one to his left. Tentak, growling, follows after him.

Claw 1, Attack 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Claw 2, Attack 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Damage 1: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Damage 2: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Rend (If both hit the same foe): 1d6 ⇒ 1

Claw 1, Attack 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Claw 2, Attack 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

"Come, Tentak!" Jokum bellows as his last two, wild swings miss their marks. The badger snaps at the nearest standing foe.

Tentak (Aid Another, Bite): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Full-round attack against 1, switching to C if 1 falls. Assuming C is still standing at the end of the round, Tentak gives Jokum a +2 bonus to his next attack roll against C.


ARTHAS Round 3____________

Despite the darkness concealing the tieflings attacking Arthas, it doesn’t conceal the hafts of their weapons.
Arthas lunged east and beheaded Red 6, but slipped and missed Red 5 wildly.

The remaining tieflings attacked.
Only one hits for 7 points.

TACTICAL OVERVIEW


DANUA Round 3_____________

As the caster was tore apart by her mythic missiles she shouted loudly.
"Be embraced by your S-!" As two more bolts clipped her she stopped talking and picked up Whisper once more. "Teach you to drop me again..."
She takes aim at the last foe to strike her, intent on killing the ones with the better aim...
She shoots Red 3 down as he tried to duck behind the wall.

The rest of the crossbowmen continue to pelt her.
Only Red 1 hits for 4 points piercing, the rest miss or hit Danua’s wall.

Danua's turn now.
TACTICAL OVERVIEW.
They are 200 feet away, have AC18 and have partial cover (20%).


JOKUM Round 3___________________________
I mean, I'm not gonna say no to the free chance at intimidation! ;) Not sure what you mean by the "mythic roll;" I'm guessing you mean a free surge, so I'm rolling with that. If not, just disregard the 1d6.
Jokum lets out a bestial roar as two of the glaives slice into his flesh, and leaps through the air into the one to his left. Tentak, growling, follows after him.
Jokum’s attack rends Red 1 limb from limb, and the commander, shaken from his intimidation, steps back cautiously.
"Come, Tentak!" Jokum bellows as his last two, wild swings miss their marks. The badger snaps at the nearest standing foe.
But he missed.
Full-round attack against 1, switching to C if 1 falls. Assuming C is still standing at the end of the round, Tentak gives Jokum a +2 bonus to his next attack roll against C.
The other tieflings surge forward to attack!
Red 4 attacks Jokum; Rolls 13 to hit for a possible 8 damage.
Red 5 attacks Tentak; Rolls 21 to hit for a possible 9 damage.
Red 6 attacks Jokum; Rolls 19 to hit for a possible 10 damage.

Jokum's turn
TACTICAL OVERVIEW


KARTHAK Round 3__________________

Karthak keeps raining attacks on the dretch...
He hits, dealing more damage.

The Dretch attacked him back, gibbering with madness.
He hit Karthak once for 5 points damage.

Karthak's turn.
TACTICAL OVERVEIW
It has AC16, DR5/cold iron or Good, some elemental resistances.


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Attack Red 1

Normal to hit: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 2 - 2 - 2 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9
normal: 1d100 ⇒ 62

Spell Strike / Spell combat arcane mark arrow shot: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 - 2 - 2 + (6) = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7
normal: 1d100 ⇒ 53

She focuses all her attention on those that strike her. Homing in on the fool and peppering them with her arrows. Her second ahot was accompanied by an arcane mark, TOOL imprinted around where the arrow injured them. Though she used some mythic power to ensure she downed another foe...

Hopefully...


VOREN Round 3________________

Voren grunts as he takes the damage. His eyes continuing to glow with mythic power, he steps back and begins casting a spell. When he finishes, the area gets drastically colder. Snow begins to fall. It comes down harder and harder as the wind picks up. Soon, it becomes a full blown sleet storm. He then draws his heavy mace.
No Action to take a 5 foot step back. Swift action to use my wild arcana. Standard action to cast sleet storm.

Red 2 and 3 howl as they are unable to see. They feel around for enemies but can’t find anyone.
Red 5 stabs the crusader closest, but then slips and falls prone.
Red 1 and 4 are still hung up in the web.

Voren's turn.

TACTICAL OVERVIEW
Their AC is 18.


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Also!

Perception to try and find the others from her height advantage: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Despite her situation she looked for her companions, seeing if they too were set upon. She hadn't planned on getting separated and worried for them all...

Whisper sounded vexxed as it spoke to he r harshly. "Keep looking around and you are going to take a bolt in the head. Focus."

Dania continued looking but she was still focused on removing the threat to her...


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Tentak has 10 hit points remaining. Also, his "attack" did succeed--it was an aid another (he knows the Aid trick). Sorry, should've been clearer.

Jokum grunts as he's struck by the glaive, but seeing Tentak injured, he lets out an angry roar. "Come, fools! I'll kill you all!" Stepping forward, he claws at the one who struck his friend.

Jokum 5' steps north and full-attacks 5. If 5 goes down, the remaining attacks go to 6.

Claw 1, Attack 1: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 2 = 32
Claw 2, Attack 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Damage 1: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Claw 1, Attack 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Claw 2, Attack 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage 2: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Rend (If both hits are on the same foe): 1d6 ⇒ 4

Tentak roars too, as if in response, and erupts into a fury of fangs and claws.

Tentak rages (bringing him to 12 hit points) and full attacks. If 5 is already down, he 5' steps southeast and attacks 6.

Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Claw 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Claw 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Sadly, he doesn't make contact...


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Danua, I'm not sure where you are in comparison to me. But this could help. Sleet storm has a cylinder AoE. The AoE has a 40 foot radius and is 20 feet high. I don't know if anyone can see it from where they are, but it could work as a reference point.

Voren begins to chant, gesture, and use the focus from his spell component pouch. He tries to pull creatures from another plane. He tries to place the creatures into the open space between the three enemies that he last saw

Casting summon monster 3. It takes 1 round to cast. The duration is 1 round/level. I'm using it to summon celestial giant spiders. I would like to place them in the space between enemies 2, 3, and 5. Since giant spiders are from the summon monster 2 list, I use summon monster 3 to summon 1d3 spiders. I'll roll for the number of spiders.

Number of celestial giant spiders: 1d3 ⇒ 3 Whoo! They're in for it now!


ARTHAS Round 4____________

Despite the darkness concealing the tieflings attacking Arthas, it doesn’t conceal the hafts of their weapons.
Arthas stepped between two of them and spun around. He quickly killed Red 5 and cut Red 7 in twain. He Lays on hands to heal 15.

The remaining tieflings attacked.
Only one hits for 8 points.

It’s Arthas’ turn now.
TACTICAL OVERVIEW


DANUA Round 4_____________

She focuses all her attention on those that strike her. Homing in on the fool and peppering them with her arrows.
Her first shot hit and wounded Red 1. Her second shot was accompanied by an arcane mark, TOOL imprinted around where the arrow injured them. Though she used some mythic power to ensure she downed another foe... And her second shot killed him.

The rest of the crossbowmen continue to pelt her, but they all missed.

Danua's turn now.
TACTICAL OVERVIEW.
They are 200 feet away, have AC18 and have partial cover (20%).

Despite her situation she looked for her companions, seeing if they too were set upon. She hadn't planned on getting separated and worried for them all...
Off to her left she heard a Whoosh of an Sleet Storm in a built up area.
Off to her right she saw a big mound of multiple Darkness spells.
She looked down on Karthak, who, up ahead of her was shouting and hacking the bejeesus out of a Dretch demon shorter than him.


JOKUM Round 4___________________________

Jokum grunts as he's struck by the glaive, but seeing Tentak injured, he lets out an angry roar. "Come, fools! I'll kill you all!" Stepping forward, he claws at the one who struck his friend.
Jokum’s attacks shred Red 5, and he spun to wound Red 6.
Tentak roars too, as if in response, and erupts into a fury of fangs and claws.
Sadly, he doesn't make contact...

The other tieflings surge forward to attack!
Red 4 attacks Jokum; Missed.
Red 6 attacks Tentak; Rolls 18 to hit for a possible 9 damage.
The captain, unable to make himself charge towards you, runs away.
Jokum's turn
TACTICAL OVERVIEW


KARTHAK Round 4__________________

Karthak finds himself hacking the disgusting dead body of the Dretch, the nauseating yellow cloud dissipating as he watched. This fight is over.

Karthak:

As the cloud cleared somewhat, you spot something up north behind some of the ruined buildings. A holy symbol of Torag etched into the mountainside; cunningly concealed. You blink and you can't see it anymore.


VOREN Round 4________________

He tries to pull creatures from another plane. He tries to place the creatures into the open space between the three enemies that he last saw

At the top of his next round, three giant celestial spider pop into view and attack!

Red 2 and 3 howl as they slip and fall. They scream with frustration as they can’t find anyone to attack and they can’t get up again due to the sleet.
Red 5 managed to stand again and tries to stab the crusader closest, but missed in the blinding sleet.
Red 1 and 4 struggle to escape, but are still hung up in the web.

Voren's turn.

TACTICAL OVERVIEW
Their AC is 18.


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Tentak's at 3 hit points.

Tentak howls as the glaive bites into him, but Jokum is too focused on the battle to take it in. (That, and Tentak doesn't know the command to run away! :( ) He continues shredding the tieflings...

Full attack against 6, switching to 4 if 6 falls.

Claw 1, Attack 1: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 = 26
Claw 2, Attack 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Damage: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (1, 1) + 8 = 10
Bonus Rend if they both hit same foe: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Claw 1, Attack 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Claw 2, Attack 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

His first two blows connect, but the second flurry goes wide.

Tentak, too, keeps fighting...ferociously, foolishly brave little badger.

Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Claw 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Claw 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Bite Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Claw Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Tentak's attacks are the same: against 6 unless 6 falls, then against 4.


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Darkness 1 Karthak 2 Sleet 3: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Perception - Any visible targets by sleet storm? : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

She focuses more in one direction this time. Hoping to assist her comrades in some way...

Attack Red 2

Normal to hit: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 - 2 - 2 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 = 11
normal >20% - miss: 1d100 ⇒ 9

Spell Strike / Spell combat arcane mark arrow shot: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 - 2 - 2 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8

Confirm Critical?: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 - 2 - 2 = 23
Damage: 2d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 + 4 = 12
normal >20% - pass: 1d100 ⇒ 31

She focuses her attention on knocking down there numbers now. Homing in on the rearmost archer and peppering them with her arrows. Despite Her first arrow clattered off the broken wall in front of Her enemy. When they flinched in surprise is when Her second shot slammed into them. It was enhanced by an arcane mark, making SLAVE to be imprinted around where the arrow injures them...


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Over the howling winds of the sleet storm, Voren shouts in Celestial, "Aidez les croisés tombés! Les ennemis vous entourent tous! Frappez-les!" The spiders heed his commands, using their tremorsense to pinpoint the tieflings (I believe that's how it works). They bite into the enemies, injecting poison into them and using their ability to smite evil.

So, spider x will attack enemy 3, spider y will attack enemy 2, and spider z will attack enemy 5. All will use their smite evil ability, which will persist until their chosen enemy is dead.

Spider X attack (smite evil vs enemy 3): 1d20 + 2 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 0 = 6
Spider X damage (smite evil vs enemy 3): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Spider Y attack (smite evil vs enemy 2): 1d20 + 2 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 0 = 22
Spider Y damage (smite evil vs enemy 2): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Spider Z attack (smite evil vs enemy 5): 1d20 + 2 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 0 = 11
Spider Z damage (smite evil vs enemy 5): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

If the spider's attack can do critical hits:

Crit Confirm (smite evil vs enemy 2): 1d20 + 2 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 0 = 5
Extra damage if confirmed (smite evil vs enemy 2): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Celestial:
"Aid the fallen crusaders! The enemies surround all of you! Strike them down!"

The spider poison is listed in the statblock. Also, do I need to make any sort of Reflex saves at all?

Celestial Giant Spider Statblock:
Giant Spider
N Medium celestial vermin
Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft., tremoresense 60ft; Perception +4

DEFENSES
AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 11(+3 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 16 (3d8+3)
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1
Immune mind-affecting effects
SR 6

Celestial – Resist Acid, Cold, and Electricity 5

OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
Melee bite +2 (1d6 plus poison)
Special Attack web (+5 ranged, DC 12, hp 2), Smite evil/good
STATISTICS
Str 11, Dex 17, Con 12 [16], Int –, Wis 10, Cha 2
Base Atk +2; CMB +2; CMD 15 (27 vs trip)
Skills Climb +16, Perception +4 (+8 in webs), Stealth +7 (+11 in webs); Racial Modifiers +4 Perception, +4 Stealth (+8 in webs), +16 Climb

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Poison (Ex) Bite–injury; save Fort DC 14; frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; effect 1d2 Strength damage; cure 1 save

Smite evil1/day as a swift action (adds CHA bonus (+0) to attack rolls and damage bonus equal to HD (+3) against evil foes; smite persists until target is dead or the celestia creature rests).


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Before heading towards the holy symbol Karthak checks the rest of the fight. If it seems the crusaders might have an hard time still he will join battle again. If it's apparent how the battle is almost over in favor of his friends he will head towards his deity's symbol.


ARTHAS FIGHT__________

Arthas leapt towards the next two tieflings and quickly smote them down.
Looking around as the last of the darkness fields dissipated, he saw no other enemies nearby.


KARTHAK__________:

It is apparent to you that the battle has been decided and the shattered remains of the tiefling army are fleeing as they can, pursued by the crusaders.

Led by your vision, you cross through the last of the village and up through the sterile fields outside until you come to the base of the massif itself.
You look around, but you don't see any sign of dwarven presence.
But somehow you KNOW it is here!


DANUA FIGHT Round 5_____________

Perception - Any visible targets by sleet storm?
You see a couple of wiggling forms caught up by a web.

She focuses her attention on knocking down there numbers now. Homing in on the rearmost archer and peppering them with her arrows.
Despite Her first arrow clattered off the broken wall in front of Her enemy. When they flinched in surprise is when Her second shot slammed into them. It was enhanced by an arcane mark, making SLAVE to be imprinted around where the arrow injures them... Shot in the eye, the archer drops.

Danua's turn now.
TACTICAL OVERVIEW.
They are 200 feet away, have AC18 and have partial cover (20%).

Off to her left she saw a wiggling form stuck in a giant web. Several giant spiders scuttled around the ruins there.

Off to her right she saw a big mound of multiple Darkness spells suddenly vanish, revealing Arthas looking around.

And off in the distance, you see the forlorn figure of Karthak against the wall of the northern massif. What he’s doing you have no idea.


JOKUM FIGHT______________

And the Jokum and Tentak duo shredded the last two of the cultists as their defenses collapsed around them, leaving the dead of the battlefield to them.


VOREN FIGHT ROUND 5_______________

Over the howling winds of the sleet storm, Voren shouts in Celestial, "Aidez les croisés tombés! Les ennemis vous entourent tous! Frappez-les!" The spiders heed his commands, using their tremorsense to pinpoint the tieflings (I believe that's how it works). They bite into the enemies, injecting poison into them and using their ability to smite evil.

Spider X attack (smite evil vs enemy 3): Missed.
Spider Y attack (smite evil vs enemy 2): Jumped on Red 2 and bit him in the throat. He stiffened and fell dead.
Spider Z attack (smite evil vs enemy 5): Missed.

Voren needs not make a save unless he steps forward into the sleet.

ENEMIES_________________

The enemies try to fight back, but are unable to escape their web or hit the spiders.

Voren's turn.
TACTICAL OVERVIEW
Their AC is 18.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren continues to try and keep the wind and snow out of his eyes. He shouts, "Continue! Apportez-les!" The spiders continue, the second one moving onto the tiefling that the third spider is engaged with. They continue to attack.

Spider X attack (smite evil vs enemy 3): 1d20 + 2 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 0 = 8
Spider X damage (smite evil vs enemy 3): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Spider Y attack vs enemy 5 (no smite): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Spider Y damage vs enemy 5 (no smite): 1d6 ⇒ 6

Spider Z attack (smite evil vs enemy 5): 1d20 + 2 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 0 = 11
Spider Z damage (smite evil vs enemy 5): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Celestial:
"Keep going! Bring them down!"

[spoiler=Celestial Giant Spider Statblock]Giant Spider
N Medium celestial vermin
Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft., tremoresense 60ft; Perception +4
DEFENSES
AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 11(+3 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 16 (3d8+3)
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1
Immune mind-affecting effects
SR 6

Celestial – Resist Acid, Cold, and Electricity 5

OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
Melee bite +2 (1d6 plus poison)
Special Attack web (+5 ranged, DC 12, hp 2), Smite evil/good
STATISTICS
Str 11, Dex 17, Con 12 [16], Int –, Wis 10, Cha 2
Base Atk +2; CMB +2; CMD 15 (27 vs trip)
Skills Climb +16, Perception +4 (+8 in webs), Stealth +7 (+11 in webs); Racial Modifiers +4 Perception, +4 Stealth (+8 in webs), +16 Climb

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Poison (Ex) Bite–injury; save Fort DC 14; frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; effect 1d2 Strength damage; cure 1 save

Smite evil1/day as a swift action (adds CHA bonus (+0) to attack rolls and damage bonus equal to HD (+3) against evil foes; smite persists until target is dead or the celestia creature rests).


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Arthas sways from the exertion of battle. His mind briefly wandered to memories of his mother. He forced his mind to focus on the battle at hand. He looked about seeking his companions or his troops that might need him.

Looking down at himself he decides to lay hands once more.

Lay hands: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10

"Crusaders! Carry this day for the heavens! Today they are on the defensive. Tomorrow we will be liberators!"


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Breathing hard, Jokum slowly relaxes, and his ursine features leave him. Looking around, he zeroes in on Tentak. "Ah, you are hurt my friend. I am sorry. But come! We must find the others. Voren can heal you, if nothing else."

Heading out at a trot, he surveys the field, looking for his allies.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Perception check: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 12 + (2) = 32

Karthak concentrates using his newfound powers to increase the extent of his sense and scan the area...


Karthak:

Something calls to you here. You automatically put your hand out to touch the stone cliff face…
And the symbol of Torag shone forth!
A square of the cliff moved into the cliff face and swung aside for you.
Moving inside, you see that this large chamber is a combination Shrine to Torag and sacred crypt. The dust indicates that it has been years since anyone has visited. Looking around you see that one niche has a pair of stone gauntlets resting on them.
You realize that they are one of the relics of Barin!


Danua's enemy snipers break and run as a cohort of remounted crusaders thunder by chasing fleeing tieflings.

Voren's summoned spiders swarm over the blinded and web tangled tieflings, poisoning and killing them.

The Sleet Storm and the web are prominent enough for all the party members (save Karthak) to meet there.


Everyone except Karthak:

Off in the distance, you see Karthak entering a low square entranceway.
You also see an ugly shadow enter after him; its movements don't match Karthak's.


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Arthas growls seeing his friend in danger.

"Danua, Jokum! Go to him! I must lead the army! Voren, you may go if you will."

Arthas lifts his gleaming sword and looks for his horse.

"My troops have remounted. The enemy breaks."


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Seeing Karthak disappearing into the archway and hearing Arthas's shout, Jokum breaks into a long, loping run, Tentak falling in behind him. As the group comes together, he calls out, "Voren! Can you heal Tentak's wounds?!" He himself heads straight for the archway without slowing down.

351 to 400 of 507 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM-Camris' WRATH of the RIGHTEOUS Part 2, SWORD OF VALOR (table 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.