Wrath of the Righteous Part 2: Sword of Valor

Game Master Atorhal

SECTION ONE: Crusader's March
Now invested with righteous mythic power, Our Heroes are tasked with their first mission. Lead an army to recapture the citadel city of Drezen, lost in the First Crusade, and the crusaders’ Relic of power!

Current Strategic Map: STRATEGIC OVERVIEW

Current Tactical Map:


201 to 250 of 507 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Arthas concentrates on the survivors. In his heart he hopes that they are indeed what they portray themselves to be, but the young commander has learned harsh lessons about trust and betrayal.

Long version of detect evil.

"You say this commander teleported away? Then suprise seems out of the question, unless his distance is quite limited."

While he senses for auras, he tries to read their expressions and words as well.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

"I have lost some of my knights taking the gate to free you. We do not leave our own behind, but I am hoping some of you hold fire in your bellies for revenge. You have survived this horror and you are granted a chance to join my host, we intend to strike a blow to the demons. They took this fort, for vengeance we shall take a city! After that, god's willing, we might throw them back into the Wound itself!"

"We will feed and heal you, will you join us?"


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

In the Cavern

Arthas removes his helm before walking into the dwarven holy site. He bows his head in a prayer of thanks and rememberance when he realizes this is a place of honored dead.

"I can sense the sanctity and reverence in this place . . . Your admittance cannot be for chance. The gods have purpose here."

Seeing the dwarven champion laid out he notices Karthak studying it closely.

"I assume you can read this inscription."


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum gazes around the massive cavern. "Huh. I've no interest in spending too much time under the earth any time soon, but this place is beautiful."

Not knowing anything about magic, the faith of Abadar, or the dwarven language, he simply settles back on his haunches as the others investigate, bow at the ready and eyes scanning the space.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Knowledge (religion) check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

"Indeed..." mutters Karthak in response to Arthas query while staring at the bones.

"No matter how foolish his mission was. This dwarf died killing demons with his last breath. That is something worthy of respect... something one should aspire to" he then turns towards his companions while picking up the belt "This is part of a set... sacred to my people. It will be very useful in the days to come" so saying Karthak checks the place a bit more before leaving the secret chapel and giving the dead a decent buryal.

Perception check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26 +2 for stone structures and traps


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point
MaleNPC1 wrote:
"Keepers Canyon? Well sir, you just take this road here north east up the Sellen River about fifty miles or so. There's a canyon that cuts through the west hills there along a dry riverbed. That's Keeper's Canyon."

Voren nods and smiles at the man. "Thank you. You are very kind."

When Arthas makes his offer to have the survivors join their company, Voren is shocked. He approaches the paladin. "Excuse me. May I speak to you in private for a moment?" When they're alone, the healer says, "Are you sure this is wise? Not that I'm disagreeing with you. I just think that, given what they went through, heading back to the safety of Kenabres may be the best option for them."

In the Cavern..

Voren admires the sight of the cavern. "Wow! This is amazing!" When Athas asks about the inscription, Voren says, "I can read it as well. It was very brave for this man to lay down his life for his friends." When Karthak shows them the belt, Voren looks it over.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

Voren says, "Indeed. It does seem like this belt will be very helpful to you. I wonder what will happen if we find the full set. Maybe we'll find them on our way to Drezen."


Arthas senses no evil amongst the score or so freed captives, only the anguish of the horror they experienced at the hands of the demons.
But faced with the Mythic heroes sent by the Queen and bearing the legendary sword Radiance, they all drop to their knees and swear fealty, obedience and eternal gratitude for their rescue.

Stat wise, their signing up with your army heals it of 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 points of damage, regaining full power.
With all the equipment strewn about the battlefield, they are able to re-equip even better than what they started with.
Arabeth assigns them to the rearguard for the moment, to let them rest and regain morale in a relatively safe position.


In the cavern, the belt came away easily in Karthak's hands.
After exiting the shrine, the doors shut behind you with a decisive THUMP, and the shining glyphs fade away to nothing again.


The next day, you sanctify the graves of your dead in proper ceremony, gather your army in its serried ranks, then march north again. This time on the Western side of the river.

As you continue north along the western banks of the West Sellen River, you gradually realize that you’re skirting the edge of the true Worldwound itself.
The world around you becomes oppressive in ways you have never experienced before. Strange and alien things seem to exist on this side of the river—even though you are not really heading into the seriously blighted lands yet, the sky above seems darker and dimmer, and no vegetation grows on the desolate ground.
You see that no easy route inland exists once you start north—the cliffs of the gorge are steep, and impassible for an army like yours.


Two days of unopposed travel later, you come to the approaches of Keepers Canyon.

Putting together maps, eyewitness accounts and old Pathfinder journals about the area, you start to analyse the tactical situation here.
Keeper’s Canyon lies at the point at which the now-dry Ahari River once fed into the West Selen. It was once a holding of Drezen—a small town that helped to facilitate shipments to and from Drezen.
Today, only the shells of a few stone buildings remain, along with a half-dozen leaning pilings in the river from what was once an extensive
maze of piers.

And when Anevia's scouts report back, they reveal that the place is full of Tieflings, waiting for you.


Anevia finishes putting markings on the tactical map and stepped back to look it over.
"Well now. Looks like they know we're coming this time.
"Scouts report another Tiefling army. It's hard to tell, but we think they're about the same size as the last one. 800 to a thousand or so. And this time forted up in the remains of the town, unsuitable for cavalry."

The Map. (Also replicated above in the header).


Voren:

It struck you again just now; you were at this exact place centuries ago.
It was different back then.
The Sellen River was higher then, and slower. The canyon to the Northwest was a river known as the Ahari. It is bone dry now.
You remember the town here made a business of pole rafting supplies up the Ahari River to the dwarf fort known as Drezen.


Irabeth calls everyone to order as they all shout out their advice to Arthas and gets them to go one at a time.

Sir Sosiel: "No way to outflank them here either. Except that enemy company over there on the left. That's got possibilities."

Lady Nurah: Demures.

Sir Mathis, Captain of Company C: "We attack! Enemy company 1 is exposed and out in the open! We combine forces and take them before they can reposition."

Lord Horgus: "We definitely need to scrounge up supplies here. We are running through them faster than I like."

Sir Freidrich, Captain of Company B: "I hate to agree with Sir Mathis, but yes. We should take the easy pickings before we assault the town. If we ignore them, they'll flank us for certain when we hit the town."

Sir Aron Kir, Tactition and Siege warfare engineer: "I don't understand why they haven't thrown up any obstacles...
"I think they're bait. If we attack, they'll retreat into the canyon and drop rubble and logs down on us from the canyon lips above.
"Or, while we hit them, the other enemy companies will hit us from behind."

Sir Arles, Captain of Company A: Demures, frowning

Master Aravashnial: "Of spellcasters I cannot say. I will stay ready just in case."

Madame Anevia: "We can't scout the town, they have skirmishers out."
She frowned.
"I don't understand why their headquarters is so far outside the town's built up area. It makes no sense."


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum frowns. "It is, indeed, a dangerous position...I, like them, fear a trap." He turns to Anevia. "The skirmishes cover this whole area? There is no way to scout up the canyon to the northwest any farther?"


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point
DM-Camris wrote:
The next day, you sanctify the graves of your dead in proper ceremony, gather your army in its serried ranks, then march north again. This time on the Western side of the river.

Voren prays over the dead as the ceremonies commence. He then packs up and moves out with the army, making sure all of his things that he got in Kenabres and had moved from the base.

DM-Camris wrote:

As you continue north along the western banks of the West Sellen River, you gradually realize that you’re skirting the edge of the true Worldwound itself.

The world around you becomes oppressive in ways you have never experienced before. Strange and alien things seem to exist on this side of the river—even though you are not really heading into the seriously blighted lands yet, the sky above seems darker and dimmer, and no vegetation grows on the desolate ground.

Voren stares at the other side of the river. At the sight of the Worldwound corrupting everything. A sight that he hasn't seen in nearly a century. He then moves to keep up with the army.

The Report...

Voren looks at the map that Anevia and her scouts drew up. He frowns. "I agree with the council and Jokum. This has to be some sort of trap. We need to think carefully and methodically. One misstep could spell danger for all of us. Hmmm... Perhaps... What if we could put some of our troops at the top of the canyon, destroying any traps they may have or turning them against them, attacking the enemy armies from above while our main force engages them on ground level?"


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Arthas rubs his chin.

"Our force sizes are matched which gives advantage to the defender. . . It does appear to be a ideal location for an ambush. Voren, do you know this area? Jokum? Can we get some of our people or scouts up top?"

Arthas knocks on the table top.

"The leader must have gotten here after slipping away. Which cost us our surprise, so, we must adjust our tactics. How are we matched as ranged opponents? If we control the cliffs can we rain death down on them?"


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum spreads his hands helplessly. "If Anevia does not know the way, I do not--though I'd be happy to try to lead some soldiers up there. I rarely got away from the woods of my home, growing up."

No Knowledge skills here, but like I say, I can go myself or try to lead people if there's any path...


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren scratches his chin in thought as he tries to remember what he knows of the area.

Spiderbeard, does Voren know of anything about the area that could help with battle tactics? The most likely place the enemy would place their ambushes, ways that our forces could ambush them, ways up to the top of the canyon without the enemy noticing. That sort of thing?


Voren or Knowledge:Geography DC25:
You realize that you are standing on old dried river bottom. Back before the worldwound, the water was higher here. Which means the old pathway along the river is over your heads up the cliff walls, where you can't see it from this angle.
Clearly, the cliffs are too rough for climbing about easily. But if the old pathway is there moving about is much easier. Also, if there are rockfall traps up the north canyon, the pathway would be the logical place for them to be there.
You think you know exactly where to climb up...


Jokum wrote:
He turns to Anevia. "The skirmishes cover this whole area? There is no way to scout up the canyon to the northwest any farther?"
Voren wrote:
"What if we could put some of our troops at the top of the canyon, destroying any traps they may have or turning them against them, attacking the enemy armies from above while our main force engages them on ground level?"
Arthas wrote:
"Can we get some of our people or scouts up top?"

Anevia looked out over the battlefield, unaccountably gloomy.

"No, no. It's too rough to climb freely. I mean, we could do it, climb that way, but it would take too long. We can't afford the kind of time that would take. The battle would be decided before we could get the first reports. And that's if we didn't encounter skirmishers."


Arthas wrote:
How are we matched as ranged opponents? If we control the cliffs can we rain death down on them?"

Sir Aron Kir shook his head.

"Aside from a few Elven Knights and Knight/Rangers, we are woefully lacking in ranged firepower."

He pointed out on a hastily drawn military map of the area.
"Consulting with the command team, we feel our best bet is to detail a squad to keep the north flank pinned while the rest of the army gallops up to the old town, dismount just short there and press forward as infantry.
"We were overwhelming in the last battle versus the tiefling cultists, and I think, despite the defensive advantage the enemy has, we will still prevail by a good margin using the Standard strategy.
"This is our recommended tactical plan."


Sense Motive DC20 on Anevia:

When prodded, Anevia muttered; "They're holding something back. I can FEEL it..."

Detect Evil and Spellcraft DC20:

You can just get a whiff of the sharp tang of Transdimensional Evil, somewhere in the area. Not... powerful, as such evils go, but still... It, or they, are here somewhere.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren remembers something about the area from his past. He goes to the map. "Wait a minute, guys. I do remember something about this place." He points at the canyon where their group is positioned. "We are here. Now what we are standing on is a river bottom that's old and dried up. Back before the Worldwound, the water level here was higher. Now, if my memory serves me well, there was an old pathway that was alongside the river. This pathway should be over our heads, up the cliff walls. Can't really see anything from this angle. Now, as Anevia has said, the cliffs are too rough for climbing. However, if the old pathway's still there, we could move up the cliffs using that. Also, if there are any rockfall traps up on the north canyon, then that pathway would be the most logical place for them to be." He looks at everyone. "I think I know exactly where to climb up."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Voren's focus on the map (and his lack of people skills) hinder him in getting a beat on Anevia.

For that last check, do we need both detect evil and make a spellcraft DC 20 check or either one?


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Jokum glances at Anevia, but shrugs and moves on. He's pleased by Voren's revelation. "Excellent thought, boy!" He claps him on the shoulder. "If we can get far enough up the cliffs to see the path, then we can at least know what to avoid. Probably not worth trying to bring a full squad of knights, or even scouts, up there, though--I don't want any fool in heavy armor falling and dying!" He stands and stretches. "I could use some exercise--while the army is preparing to attack, why don't you show me where you think this path is, and I can climb up to get a look?"


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren smiles at Jokum. "Thank you, Jokum. I'll be more than happy to show you where the path is. However, you might come across some trouble. That's why I will join you. If we can take out their ability to spring said traps, that could improve our chances of victory."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Sense motive check: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Karthak doesn't notice anything out of place with Anevia, yet the dwarf ever suspicious since Kenabres, rutinely casts detect evil upon those he encounters and...

Spellcraft check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

For a split second Karthak's stony demeanor has a muscular spasm before turning to normal. Without a word he gathers his closest companions and whispers:"Creatures from the abyss, near here... they are hiding but I can sense their presence. Keep your eyes open and start searching. If we want to catch them they don't need to know we are on to them..."

Being an inquisitor Karthak can cast Detect evil at will


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Arthas snaps his head up at Karthak's words.

"Give me the direction you sense it in Karthak."

Arthas reaches out.

"I have been remiss, the demon leader can teleport into our camp at will. I should have directed my Paladins to remain vigilant in their detection of evil."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Karthak tries to discern the general direction of the energies he sensed...

Karthak will use detect evil to get a better sense of the enemy position if needed, he will try not to be obvious about this though


Voren wrote:
For that last check, do we need both detect evil and make a spellcraft DC 20 check or either one?

You need both.


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum frowns. "Exactly how near, Karthak?" he murmurs. "And where?" He clenches and unclenches his claws.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Karthak answer at the best of his abilities...

Meaning I need more information to answer that


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

I can't make either of those so ya xD

Danua stands ready for action whenever needed, though stays involved while listening to the conversation at hand.


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Detect Evil: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Wha, wha whaaaaaaaa


Karthak:
The <demonic evil> feeling is just outside being certainty. You know it's there, but not the direction.
You have a gut feeling that if it were more powerful than an average power demon you would have been able to locate it easier. So, you THINK, perhaps, it's not that powerful.

Arthas:
You don't detect anything.

Those who want to climb up to Voren's theoretical hidden pathway need to make a Climb check.


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Looking towards where they needed to climb up, Danua focused and her fingernails became more like claws. Her form became more feral looking before she finally reached up and started to climb upward. "See ya at the top."


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Hmm... I could use my Fly spell to get up. But, I decided to keep the spells that I had prepared at the start of our journey the same. So, I may need to do this by rolling.

Voren looks up at Danua as she expertly climbs up the wall. He looks at his own fingers and sighs. He then psychs himself up and begins to try and climb up the cliff.

Climb (surge): 1d20 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + (3) = 19


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Danua stays close to Voren, incase he slips and she can try and help him if needed.

AS he starts climbing she tries to give him support.

Climb aid another check DC 10: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Normal Climb Check if needed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

"It's probably something minor, like a quasit or somesuch... possibly a spy. We need to find it and kill it before it manages to ruin any tactical advantage we might hae" whispers Karthak while starting to check around the camp for more evidence of the demonic interloper.

Perception check: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 12 + (1) = 30

Use detect evil at will


Karthak ranged back and forth, detecting for evil; first one way, then another.

Karthak:
You received another taste; again not very powerful, maybe 1-2 on the 1-20 scale.
Ranging around, you got a hint that it was to the east. Then to the east again. You find yourself alone in the middle of the dry riverbed, about halfway between the two armies.
You feel certain now. Multiple low level demons to the east, behind the enemy lines.

Danua climed the brittle rock face easily, even as some rocks came away under her claws. After about seventy feet, she clambered onto an old roadway. The road was old but well made, marred only by many old cracks and fissures. It was easily traversable by a single pedestrian; an army would have a harder time of it. Many interlocking cobblestones stretched east and west, bounded on the left by the upper slope, and the other the cliff overlooking the Sellen river and your army. To the east, you see the ancient road turn north around the bend. You see Karthak for some reason wandering into the no man's land between the armies.

Voren got to the top, and would have fallen there if Danua had not caught him.


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

As she helps Voren up onto the old roadway she gives a sigh of relief as her tail tip twitches. "Been awhile since I climbed so high, just about missed you there... What is beardy doing?" SHe was caught off guard as the dwarf was wandering off alone, she rose to her feet. Pulling Whisper out and notching an arrow to her string as she watched for enemies moving towards Karthak.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

My roll was for Perception, whoopsie haha


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

"Be safe," Jokum growls to Danua and Voren. "I'll follow once we've dealt with this interloper Karthak smells."

Jokum follows Karthak, settling back onto his haunches as the dwarf takes in what his magical senses are telling him and tracing an idle line in the dry riverbed. "If the demon is much farther, it'll be back among the enemy," he comments. "And if so, that's not much of a problem--something to warn the general about, but no need to do anything other than cut them down once the battle is joined."


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Arthas stands over the battle plans thumbs hooked into his sword belt. He wished he was with his group climbing up on the mountain, but he had bigger responsibilities now.

"How does one deal with an enemy who can teleport into and out of your camp at will? I suppose magical wards could be used, like alarm spells. Maybe some kind of mundane countermeasure like a challenge or coin, but that sort of thing may to paranoia and mistakes."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Karthak strolls back to the crusader's camp and rejoins Arthas:"Next time we face demons outright. Small ones, mind you, but still... real demons. Make sure the men are ready for what's to come Arthas"


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

"Eh." Jokum snorts. "If they did not know that they would be facing demons, they were not well prepared by their elders."


At the news that there were demons present, the crusaders around you start clamouring to let them make the attack immediately!

On the hidden trail above...:

You are able to make your way fairly quickly along the old roadway, despite the uneven terrain and occasional crevasses.
When you reach a point where the road turns north along the old river, you can peer around the corner with concealment.
You see the road is clear for about a hundred yards, then there is a wall from an old building over the position where one of the enemy tiefling companies is positioned. There is a mound of rubble, loose rock, shale and old logs piled up behind it in a cunning fashion so that a simple rope tug will collapse the wall and the whole thing will avalanche down into the riverbed below. It would certainly block the north pass and if someone (or some army unit) were below, would crush them all.
Attending the trap are a dozen or so tiefling cultists, tensely watching the situation on the plain below.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren spots the trap and crouches, trying not to be seen. He looks to the others. "There's a trap set up behind that wall. About a dozen or so cultists are stationed there. If our army is under there, then not only will the north pass be blocked, but they will be crushed. We have to let the army know and take out that trap."


On the Hidden trail above...:

From around the corner, you see that the terrain is difficult on the road leading up to where the trap is set. It is impossible to approach it any way else, with the solid cliff face on your left and the vertical drop on your right.
You could move forward as fast as you can and make it in a couple rounds, you would likely be spotted though. Or you could move forward and hide over five rounds with Stealth DC20.


CURRENT OVERVIEW

In your army headquarters tent, The Company Captains are stridently arguing to Arthas to make an immediate attack.
Sir Aron reluctantly nodded. "Nothing to be gained by holding back now." He muttered.

Sense Motive DC20:
He seems distracted, like he hasn't had enough sleep?

Sir Sosiel looked sharply at Karthak as he came back from the valley floor and made his report. Suddenly a look of amazement came over his face.
"Of course! I suddenly understand why you have been dithering General Arthas!" He said, beaming. "You intend to draw the enemy out into the open to attack us, where WE have the advantage and they cannot hide in the old buildings!
"Sir Arthas, YOU are a tactical GENIUS!"

The tent falls dead silent as the others turn from Sir Sosiel to stare at Arthas, mouths agape.
Nurah slapped her forehead and shook it sadly.


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum stares at the assembled generals.

"...I hate to say it, but that's a good idea. Better than running in there unprepared, anyway." He frowns and gazes off at the cliffs. "No word yet from the boy or Danua?"


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

"I am waiting on one last a piece of intelligence. There are some things that I keep to myself lest there is someone among us that might compromise my host . . . "

Sense motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Arthas tries to reach out with his detect evil to see if someone near him wishes his host harm.

"And you are correct Sir Sosiel, it is better to have them come to the open than us charge their position of advantage. I have my reasons for pausing. I will not have my resolve to smash this enemy questioned."

"They have had time to prepare a welcoming. I seek to weaken their position before we eradicate their filth from this valley."

I think this got a little fouled up I thought that Hijum and the dwarf were going to be up top. I think they came down before the DM posted what they saw. I think they should decided what to do with the cultists first.

201 to 250 of 507 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM-Camris' WRATH of the RIGHTEOUS Part 2, SWORD OF VALOR (table 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.