Wrath of the Righteous Part 2: Sword of Valor

Game Master Atorhal

SECTION ONE: Crusader's March
Now invested with righteous mythic power, Our Heroes are tasked with their first mission. Lead an army to recapture the citadel city of Drezen, lost in the First Crusade, and the crusaders’ Relic of power!

Current Strategic Map: STRATEGIC OVERVIEW

Current Tactical Map:


151 to 200 of 507 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Danua shakes her head to Arthas. "Most of those I once knew are dead or worse now, like the war this land and its warriors are ever changing. If we are going to do this, Voren and I will be in deep trouble if we fail to impress them. I will do my best though." She nods to Arthas and stows her bow for now trying to give a more legit appearance alongside Voren.


Voren:

It struck you just now; you were at this exact place centuries ago, before the Worldwound!
It was different back then.
Salmon leapt up the falls in abundance.
The banks on both sides were rich in cattails, grass and wildflowers. Further up the banks were rich in light forest and game.
Where there is now a rude hole there was then a plain dwarven religious shrine. Probably the scree below the hole is the remains long destroyed.


Irabeth calls everyone to order as they all shout out their advice to Arthas and gets them to go one at a time.

Sir Sosiel: "Even outnumbered, this should be a straightforward fight. Let's form up and move straight up to the fort." He said confidently. "Also, none of us can lower the water of the pool."

Lady Nurah: Demures.

Sir Mathis, Captain of Company C: "YES! Blitz straight up the middle, crush the enemy's company 2, then up and take the fort!".

Lord Horgus: Demures.

Sir Freidrich, Captain of Company B: "Bah. We aren't here for a petty fort, we are passing through on the way to Drezen. Let us form up and march through them and on to the road. Cut down anyone who stands in the way, but bypass the fort; it's not directly in the way."

Sir Aron Kir, Tactition and Siege warfare engineer: "Straight across, crushing the enemy company 2 should be easy. Then split up; one to the right, one to the left and one company takes the fort."
He looked up.
"Also, if you don't want word to pass of our presence, we should detail some forces to run down anyone fleeing up the road."

Sir Arles, Captain of Company A: Hm. I'm with Sir Aron, but we need to make sure we don't get hung up fighting the enemy company 2. We could be beaten in detail as the rest of them come down to plug the chokepoint then."

Master Aravashnial: "I see no evidence of powerful spellcasters; I will stay ready just in case."

Madame Anevia: "There's no way to get across for miles up or downstream. Swimming the pool is possible, but there's no cover on the far side.
"No sign of enemy scouts or sentries on this side, so I am reasonably sure we have tactical surprise."


In pure game terms (using the Battle rules in Ultimate Campaign), first you select your army tactics as appropriate:
Tactics: expert flankers, standard, withdraw
Then the overall strategy:
Defensive, Cautious, Standard, Aggressive, Reckless
Also, you can select orders for your army as a whole, or give different orders to each company.


Int DC15 or Profession:Soldier DC13:

You suspect that Voren and/or Danua coming across from the south side would probably be very suspicious to an intelligent enemy, seeing that there are no known sentries or scouts on this side.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren looks at the ruined fort and something clicks in his mind. It's as if he can see it in the past. He tugs on the clothes of whichever one of his friends is the closest. "G-Guys. I... I know this place. I was here. Before... before the Worldwound opened. I remember. The salmon going up the falls. The cattails, grass and wildflowers on the banks. The game and forest that lied further up those banks. And there. That hole. There was a dwarven shrine for the religious. That rubble is probably the remains of it." The memories bring some tears to his eyes.

Voren stays silent as the rest of the council makes their suggestions, not really well versed in battle tactics to be any use.

Intelligence DC 15 check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Voren does think of a tactic that could aid them. Looking to the others, he says, "Excuse me. If I may speak, I have thought of something. Since there are no known sentries or scouts on the south side, it may be a tad suspicious to an intelligent enemy for Danua and I to come from there. If we are going to do the infiltration, I recommend that the two of us come from a side that does have sentries."


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum stares at Voren. "That makes no sense. Unless...are you worried about cover? Explain."

Don't mean to be difficult, but I honestly don't understand how it's a BETTER idea to approach from the heavily guarded side. Maybe you can walk us through the mechanics, Camris?

Jokum nods. "We drive straight through the middle and into the fort, then." He draws his sword and examines it carefully for any signs of damage.

Mechanically, I suggest that we just take the standard tactic and the aggressive (maybe even reckless) strategy track. We have fairly high DV, I think, so we can afford it.

Camris, could we get our army stats linked up at the campaign header? Also--all three companies act as one army, right?


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

"There eyes are in this direction. But are their scouts Jokum? That is what Voren is saying, if someone appears where they shouldn't it'll be suspicious. But if we appear at their rear instead they may be less wary."

She tugs on Voren's arm before turning away, looking for a route to lead them around to the enemies side of the river. Hopefully unseen. "Let's do as Arthas asked Voren, we better hurry though."

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren nods. "That's right. If we just show up on their blindside without word getting to the main group, then they will be very suspicious. In this case, it would be best to try and go down a way that does have sentries, we can establish our ruse and be allowed in much easier."

Voren feels Danua tugging on his arm. He nods at her suggestion and tries to aid as best as he can. Ayne crawls onto Voren's shoulder, keeping her own watch.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Voren's Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Ayne's Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Well, that's what happens when the witch tries to be sneaky...


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Arles, Kir and Mathis and Sosiel appeared to think the same way Arthas did, but he felt that the fort must be taken.

" I want to give Duana and voren a chance to create a distraction so that we can fully exploit our tactical suprise, but we will be on a tight schedule."

"I want to sweep trough them and inflict heavy casualties, I will not have an enemy stronghold left at my armies back so I will have that fort retaken. We will remain fluid and avoid being placed in a choke-point as we sweep through. I will need a contingent assigned to running down and ending all who attempt to flee."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

"Mphf... let's bring the wrath of the righteous upon their heads. They need to pay for what they did here, and pay they shall!" exclaims Karthak urging Arthas to attack.


With the blitz being agreed upon, the planning devolves into arguing over which company gets to lead the attack. As Irabeth figuratively (for now) knocks some heads together to get things straight, Anevia takes you all aside.


Anevia

"Voren, Danua, I appreciate what you want to do, and it kills me to say this, but there simply is not enough time to do a proper infiltration job. The army is too big and noisy to be hidden for long enough, and the cavalry is too eager to charge to be held back. Sorry."
She looked at you speculatively.
"There is one thing that a small group could do to help.
"I'm thinking a group of tieflings, dressed in uniforms we took from Kenabres and insisting they have an urgent message for the fort commander can bluff their way across the lines and into the fort. RIGHT before the army charges.
"First and foremost;
"The gate to the fort has to be held open. We absolutely cannot be held up by a seige.
"Second,
"we need to stop any kind of signal from getting out. A mounted courier can be ridden down or shot, but I'm worried about drums, horns, a signal fire, carrier pigeons and all that.
"And lastly,
"it would be useful if the enemy commander were otherwise occupied or too dead to organize his troops.
"The small group who does this would need to be fast, convincing, powerful and used to either using or defending against magic. Know anyone like that?"
She asked innocently.


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

"Hm. An idea. But the boy," Jokum rumbles, apparently meaning Voren, "is fragile. How would we explain the rest of us?"


Anevia

"Well, if none of you have a way to alter your appearance with magic, we can go with tried and true disguise makeup! Which I happen to be fairly well skilled at.
"The idea is not to give them time to search you or run a detect on you. Someone skilled at conveying urgency is needed to sell the idea you REALLY need to get in there and right now!"
She explained cheerily.


Irabeth

Irabeth stepped forward.
"Ahem. With respect, did lady Anevia explain that while useful, it isn't CRITICAL that you go? That you COULD leave it all to the army if you should need to husband your resources for another time? Or if it is an unacceptable risk to our most famous heroes?" She said, glaring at an unabashed Anevia.


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum is down to try, but I don't know if we have anyone with the Bluff score to see us through... XP


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

"I don't think we can pull that off. We should just ride through the rabble and make short work of it!" exclaims Karthak

In other words, he's got 5 cha and he's not stealthy at all


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum nods. "If we can't sneak in easily, best to hit hard," he murmurs.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren looks nervous at the discussion. "Well... uh... I'm not the best at lying... or sneaking. So, I'm not the best option to go. But, if we could try it, then I'm all for it. I was just thinking that maybe we could cripple them so we don't lose a lot of soldiers. But, if there's not an option, then we should try an upright assault."


Anevia

"Aw." she said, eyes downcast.


Irabeth

Irabeth nodded sharply.
"The order is given. We move out in five as per the order of battle. Pass the word Lady Nurah." She said.

When Nurah raised her horn to her lips, Irabeth lunged across and jammed her hand into the bell to stop her.
"Use runners only, if you please Lady Nurah." Irabeth gritted out, glaring at the halfling girl.
Nurah grinned and shrugged her apologies, then ran out of the command tent after the Company commanders.

Turning back to Arthas, she continued.
"And lastly General, it is your right to lead the charge if you so desire. Typically it is discouraged for the army commander to lead the charge as it is a dangerous position. Good for morale for you to lead from the front, Bad for morale if you are unhorsed or killed."


OK, time to resolve this.
Tactics phase.
The defenders get a DV +2 for the water in between you and them. They also get a penalty for being surprised.
Ranged phase. No ranged.
Melee phase.
What do you select as your Strategy? Sounds like Aggressive to me.
Do you lead from the front? Add +2 to your OM if you do.
Time to roll that d20 Arthas!


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Arthas takes his place at the tip of the spear.

"To me my army, time to bring vengeance down upon these vile scum. Arise! Arise! Ride out with me!"

OM roll I think: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Rearing his dark charger he behins the movement slowly at first to allow the bulk of the vanguard to fall in.

He holds the holy light of Radiance until the last moment before contact. . .


Army stats are on the Campaign Tab.
Your army is +8 OM at base. +2 for your leading the charge.
I think you'll have +2 for Aggressive tactics and -2 for the water hazard, making your roll (14)+8+2+2-2=24 vs the enemy DV12. This results in 12 hp damage on an enemy army of 9hp.
The enemy rolls 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 vs the Knights of Kenabres DV(18-2)16 dealing 4 hp damage out of 16.
You crushed them, but took casualties.


Arthas led the charge through the ford (which slowed them somewhat) with Radiance raised and horns blaring. The tiefling company directly across was surprised and still scrambling for their spears when they were hit and immediately scattered.
Company A immediately swung right up the road and crashed into the tiefling rearguard, which tried to withdraw towards Drezen. The fighting was sharper here, but the outcome was not in doubt and the enemy here too was scattered. Company A spent the rest of the battle running down stragglers and preventing messengers from reporting the battle.
Company B swung left from the ford and crashed into the tiefling main body encamped outside the fort. The fighting was sharper here, as they had more time to arm and get ready, but they too went down to defeat.
Company C, despite being last across the ford, took the most casualties as they had to force their way through a bottleneck of broken gates into the fort.
Describe your actions during the battle.

The end result is complete destruction of the tiefling army here, with only 15 captured alive but unconscious. The Knights of Kenabres took forty-five casualties, six of them dead.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Karthak joins company B and stands in the thick of battle bringing down any opponent unfortunate enough to cross his path. After the battle if finished he uses his newfound powers to help the wounded with magical healing.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren joins Company A in the charge. He aids in the assault by using his evil eye hexes and his slumber hexes, fueled by his mythic power, to take down the enemy. He hesitate on using his spells, saving them for a greater use. After the battle, he uses his healing hex and his skill in healing to help the wounded.

If I have the opportunity to rest during the next part of the march or at the now captured fort to recover my spells, I can add an edit so that I'm using spells to attack and heal.


Voren: Yes you'll all have about a day to rest and recover before venturing forth again. Armies have to take time to rest and recoup before marching forth again.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Okay then.

During the battle, Voren conjures up a celestial aurochs, having it attacking any tieflings. He uses his hexes to debuff his enemies and lull them to sleep. He uses bestow curse to weaken a particularly powerful warrior, weakening him. He blinds another warrior and uses web to immobilize a group of tieflings. He casts enlarge person on someone (a PC would be his first priority). He also tries to aid in attacking by swinging his weapon and using an ear piercing scream.

After the battle, Voren heals the wounded through his healing hex, his natural skill in healing, and his healing spells.


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum stays mounted during the battle, guiding his beast with his knees while wielding his ranseur to devastating effect. He begins the chase with Company A, but when he sees Company C struggling he wheels about to help them smash through the bottleneck. Afterward, blood dripping off of him, he slumps against a rock--uninjured, but exhausted.


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Danua and Whisper joined company C, despite being armed with a bow she placed herself on the forefront of the struggle. Striking at point blank range and frustrating their foes by hard to strike. She took some blows though, lucky shots from her enemies but in return she brought swift death. Her white skin and silver eyes were hard to miss in the struggle for the Ford.

She used everything she had to try and minimize the casualties, exhausting her spells and nearly all of her arrows by the end of the fight. She was limping as she gathered with the wounded, though her smile was untouched. Praising the men for their hard work and labors, while employing he wand of cure light wounds to aid everyone but herself. She was happy to be on the right side for once.

Danua is at half hp and exhausted as well but looking extremely happy about it.


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Arthas uses his immunity to fear and aura of courage to bolster his army. With his holy sword ablaze, the paladin rides through the field smiting evil like a farmer reaping ripened wheat.

With his Shield of Fortification blows that threatened to be mortal are shrugged off as mere hits. In the thick of battle Radiance changes color and a thundering cacophonous roar like thunder rolled across the field as Arthas laid low his foes who were stricken deaf as they were struck down.

As the enemy breaks his continues to mop up any evil combatants,but as soon as the fighting is stilled he uses his channel positive energy and laying of hands to save all of his host that he can.

He goes to his commanders to asses the state of his army and sets about delegating for setting up hospital, logging and seeing to the dead.

He seeks out Karthak.

"The battle here is done, but we must move on soon. I would have you investigate that dwarf door if you are willing."

"Voren, contiue to see to the wounded, but I order you to get full rest. You need to be effective tomorrow as well."

Arthas puts his arm around the tiefling's shoulders

"And good job out there.'

"Avieva, have the scouts reported if any escaped the attack?"

"Irabeth, have a few of the dwarves and elves check the structure for signs of bolt holes or concealed passage ways. Danua and Jokum can assit with that. If the crusaders left any hidden caches I will add them."

"Lets see what we can salvage for food, water and supplies.'


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point
Arthas Sword of Ragathiel wrote:

"Voren, contiue to see to the wounded, but I order you to get full rest. You need to be effective tomorrow as well."

Arthas puts his arm around the tiefling's shoulders

"And good job out there."

Voren looks at Arthas. He nods. "I'll try. But, if the army needs my help, then I will give it to them." At Arthas's praise, Voren gives a small smile. "Thanks. Just doing what I can."

Danua wrote:

Danua used everything she had to try and minimize the casualties, exhausting her spells and nearly all of her arrows by the end of the fight. She was limping as she gathered with the wounded, though her smile was untouched. Praising the men for their hard work and labors, while employing he wand of cure light wounds to aid everyone but herself. She was happy to be on the right side for once.

Danua is at half hp and exhausted as well but looking extremely happy about it.

Voren sees Danua aiding in the relief. He also notices that she's injured. "Danua! You're hurt! Come here. I'll heal you."

It's completely up to Danua whether or not she wants to get healed.

When Karthak heads up to the dwarf door, Voren approaches him. "Excuse me, Karthak. I was wondering if you'd like me to join you. I mean, I was here when the Worldwound opened and I can speak and read Dwarven. I'm just offering my services."


Danua and Jokum:
When Danua and Company C finally forced their way through the broken gate and into the fort, they realize why they had so much trouble.
These tieflings are led by a cackling, goat-faced brimorak demon, who used it's flaming scimitar, smoking breath, breath weapon and burning blood to cause a lot of mayhem among the Crusaders.
It fought Danua to a standstill, but when Jokum crashed into the melee, it screamed with rage and teleported away.

Arthas wrote:
He goes to his commanders to asses the state of his army and sets about delegating for setting up hospital, logging and seeing to the dead.

The commanders of company A and B report light casualties, easily dealt with by Paladin crosshealing, lay on hands and channeling.

The commander of company C reported more serious casualties, mostly because of the bottleneck at the broken gates of the fort. Almost all the fatalities were there.

The bulk of the crusaders who once protected the place are dead, and their heads and entrails now decorate the bunkerlike structures that line the river’s east bank.
Only a handful of wounded survivors remain of the small contingent that once guarded the area.
All of them were imprisoned in a stone building.
Currently led by a sergeant named Kamilo Dann, the survivors number a dozen in all.
Kamilo puts on a brave face, and her assurance and leadership kept the other survivors from despair, even when some of them were taken away every few hours by the brimorak commander (Umestil by name) for sacrifice—or worse.
The dozen survivors are in no shape to keep the ford protected, but they do know that a greater army lies somewhere to the north in a place called “Keeper’s Canyon.”

Knowledge:Geography DC25:

You confirm this canyon is the one that contains the Ahari riverbed; knowing that a greater army lies in wait there will help you tactically.

Kamilo volunteers to lead her survivors back south to Kenabres to report that the ford has fallen— Queen Galfrey will send more troops north to reoccupy it soon enough, allowing your army to continue on their northern march.


Arthas wrote:
"Lets see what we can salvage for food, water and supplies."

Some of the paladins grumble a bit at the idea of looting tieflings, but they’ll do as ordered.

Scavenged supplies help you in two ways.
First, you can gather up 1d6 units of food and water from the site.
You gather: 1d6 ⇒ 1 units, to Lord Horgus' frustration.
Secondly, the weapons, gear, and tools gathered reward you with 3 units of Goods.
While this form of capital won’t help you immediately, Aron explains that if they do manage to take Drezen, they’ll need more goods, and also influence, labor, magic, and of course gold to help get the city up and running again.


Arthas wrote:
"Avieva, have the scouts reported if any escaped the attack?"

"That's Anevia sir." Said Anevia with a grin. "And no, nobody escaped north up the road; we made very sure of that.

"It IS possible that one or two may have escaped south down the riverbanks. To make sure of them, we'd have to reorganize the army for search and take days out of our schedule."


Arthas wrote:

"Irabeth, have a few of the dwarves and elves check the structure for signs of bolt holes or concealed passage ways.

Danua and Jokum can assist with that. If the crusaders left any hidden caches I will add them."

Assigned by Irabeth, Sir Aron goes to investigate and then reports back.

"It's an old structure, but nothing like that is present sir. We were thorough."


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum looms in the corner of Arthas's command center, a hulking figure hunched down on a sack of grain. When Kamilo Dann is rescued, though, he rises and goes to shake her hand. "Good job not getting killed, crusader," he growls. "I traded blows with a vile, goat-headed beast in the fort. It sounds like this 'Umestil' you describe...do you know anything more of import about him?"

Jokum will also rack his own brains for knowledge about brimorak demons.

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 + 4 = 25

When Anevia mentions that some may have escaped down the riverbank, Jokum frowns. "Unfortunate, but I would not have us delay. The land to the south is much in the possession of Galfrey in any case. They will not last long."


Jokum: You actually remember encountering a brimorak demon on on the second floor of the Grey Garrison/Citadel. (You may look up it's entry in the PFSRD.)


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Karthak nods to Arthas and Voren. Thank you I've been on the trail of a group of dwarves who foolishly marched against the betrayer Stauton Vahne's forces. I fear they are lost but There might be some survivors we can save and maybe they can even aid our righteous cause...

So saying the dwarf leads the others up to the stone door...

Perception check: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 12 + (4) = 34


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

When Kamilo Dann and her remaining crusaders are saved, Voren moves to them and says, "Excuse me. You're all hurt. Before you leave for Kenabres, please let me heal you. It's the least I can do to help you." If they allow him, he aids in healing as much as he can using his healing hex and his natural talents.

Voren follows Karthak to the door. He begins to examine the area, using his skill and magic.

Casting detect magic to detect any magical auras.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 1 + (3) = 21


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

She smiles at Voren, gladly accepting his aid for once without reservation. "The goat faced bastard left me unable to worry about scraps along the way. It was quite the beastly creature and thank you Voren." The battle with the goat-faced demon had nearly exhausted her. Though she hoped the demon remembered her, because next time it was going to fall for sure. Seeing Kamilo Dann and the remaining survivors she can't help but feel sad at their plight.

K-Planes - Demon Identity?: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 Hahah guess not...

She approaches, somewhat hesitently. "I am Lady Danua, blessed with a title from Queen Galfrey for my actions in Kenebras. I know you have suffered much at the hands of my lesser kin and I want to heal your injuries alongside my friend Voren if you will allow it." She offers up the wand of cure light wounds for examination. if the Crusader proves to be hesitant around her.

Diplomacy check: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Despite her lack of charisma, she was trying really hard to put the survivors at ease.


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum frowns. A demon of fire and smoke...I wonder how they summoned it. And I wonder where it went... He follows the others out to the dwarf door.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren smiles and lays his hands on her arm and focuses his magic. His eyes flash white as some of Danua's wounds heal.

Healing Hex: 2d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (8, 1) + 6 + 1 = 16

When Danua talks to Kamilo, Voren speaks up. "I am Voren. I apologize for not introducing myself sooner. Please allow us to aid you before your march. We are good tieflings. We just want to help."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

At the meeting of the officers, Voren's confused at the location that the survivors describe. "Keeper's Canyon? Hmm... I'm not familiar with that location. Where is it?"


Survivor

"Keepers Canyon? Well sir, you just take this road here north east up the Sellen River about fifty miles or so. There's a canyon that cuts through the west hills there along a dry riverbed. That's Keeper's Canyon."


Moving up the broken stone stairway, you come to the stone block sealing the ancient dwarven shrine to Abadar. There is no doorknob or handle.
You wonder how you are to get in when Karthak put his hands on the stone.
Holy energy flared and runes of protection glowed on the stone where he touched it. The door split in two and swung inward, accompanied by the soft grinding of stone.

Inside there is a hushed feel of sacred space. There is a tunnel leading into the cliff face some fifty feet. There the space opened out into an amphitheater. In the middle is a natural rock formation, like a frozen waterfall. It is softly lit from above by sunlight through natural quartz formations. It looks like it is molten gold flowing down as the sun moves. There is a place where supplicants kneel to pray.
You grow aware that the edges of the chamber are lined with funereal niches.
One catches Karthak's eye.


You see the bones of a massively built dwarf. Even through the shroud you can see places where burns have gone bone deep.
The inscription is crude and hastily written.

Dwarven:

BAKMOR FOREDER
WE CAME TO FREE DREZEN, BUT WERE BLOCKED BY BRIMORAK DEMONS.
BAKMOR CRUSHED THEIR CAPTAIN, BUT DIED OF BURNS.
WE THE COMPANIONS OF BARIN GO ON.

Around his waist is an armored belt, in the same style as the Helm of Barin.
Knowledge:Arcana DC20, Knowledge:Religion DC16:

This is the Belt of Barin, part of the regalia of Berin, a hero of the Dwarven people.
When worn with the Helm of Barin, it adds a +2 enhancement bonus to Strength Damage. The Helm of Barin's protection becomes DR2/-

151 to 200 of 507 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM-Camris' WRATH of the RIGHTEOUS Part 2, SWORD OF VALOR (table 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.