Way of the Wicked by GM SnowHeart (Inactive)

Game Master SnowHeart

Link to Maps and Handouts
Loot Chart - Google Docs Spreadsheet

INIT Rolls:

[dice=Affyria]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Timo]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Daidalos]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Morthos]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Raven]1d20+7[/dice]
-------------------
[dice=Enemy]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Enemy]1d20+1[/dice]
Perception Checks:

[dice=Affyria]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Timo]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Daidalos]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Morthos]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Raven]1d20+11[/dice]


2,151 to 2,168 of 2,168 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

Belial's Maps; Dispater's Maps

The baron takes a sip of the wine to toast the common ground -- a Chelaxian vintage, the butler had said -- before setting the glass back down and leaning back, considering his next words. "I would like that very much, Lady Strex. And, Lord Dwin'Alir," he looks at Raven, "I hope you'll take this in the spirit offered, but I wish we'd met sooner. My House is always looking to welcome enterprising elven blood into our ranks; I could have made you a proper lord with lands. Sadly, with recent developments circumscribing the ability to bear offspring..."

He shrugs. "Still, if your plans are successful, you'll likely need no such patronage from my House, no? Can you tell me at least that much? The cardinal is to become king, or near enough, and you're to be granted... what? Titles of nobility? Lands? Wealth? It's a fascinating venture. I'm just curious as to what your individual plans are, if you're willing to share those with me. It may aid me in helping you later, should our association grow close enough."

It's not hard to tell he's fishing and trying to get a feel for you and your relationship with the cardinal, but how and whether he'd use that information is utterly unclear. Is it an offer, or a trap?


HP 30/30; AC 16/12/14; Saves +3 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will; Init +4; Per +4
Uses:
1/1 Pyrotechnics, 2/8 Arcane Reservoir, 3 'Hero' Points
Male Emberkin Aasimar Exploiter Wizard 5;Current outfit, Base Appearance, Journal

"I seek the possibility to practice my arts without fear of reprisal, to expand my skills and knowledge of the arcane freely, with the resources of an entire kingdom. Granted, I would love to establish my own school of wizardry and establish a system of governance based on individual merit, rather than the whims of fate. But that is perhaps a bit of a stretch, so for now, I will aim for becoming high mage and amassing power and artifacts." Daidalos replies with a casual grin.


Male LE Tiefling (Demon-Spawn) Anti-Paladin (Tyrant) 5 | HP: 51/53 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 20 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Smite Good: 1/2, Touch of Corruption: 4/6 | Spells: 1st 2/2 CL: 4| Active conditions: None. | Image

Apologies, I had a doctor's appointment friday and minor medical procedure yesterday (Everything is good) and didn't have time to post. I'd like to say I should be able to get back on daily, however, with the holidays and then my first son coming I may be a bit sporadic. Know that I am greatly enjoying this game and will post when I can.

Timo listens with great interest. As the baron offers his accord, Timo responds. "Your terms are most generous. We would gladly accept. your offer." He then takes a sip of the wine as a toast to their deal.

As the baron continues to speak, asking about the cardinal, Timo glances at Tiadora wondering how much to actually say. "I can't let the lapdog think I have anything but awe for the cardinal. I'll have to keep things vague"

"I seek nothing as noble as Daidalos or grandiose as my friend Morthos here. For me, its personal. The cardinal is offering me nothing more than simple vengeance against my family. I look forward to the day I can look upon them and they realize how high their despised half-breed rose and how far they have fallen."


Belial's Maps; Dispater's Maps
Timo Zoci wrote:
...and then my first son coming I may be a bit sporadic...

OMG, congrats! It's an amazing experience. Prepare to be exhausted. And at the risk of assuming genders, be very nice to your wife/baby-momma. As exhausted as you will be, it'll be that much worse for her. We just celebrated our son's third birthday party. I was the primary parent the first three month's of his life and the waking up every two hours at night to feed him was HORRIBLE. I was borderline psychotic by the end of it from sleep deprivation (no kidding). Still, it is a wonderful experience. Congrats! I hope everything with the delivery goes smoothly.


Male Human Antipaladin (Knight of the Sepulcher, Tyrant) 6
Stats:
AC 18; Fort: +11, Ref: +6; Will: +12; Int: +1; Perc: +1; Hp's 13/13

Lowering his glass upon the table, "My goal is simple enough. To bring down the pathetic king and his subjects. Nothing more nothing less. He must pay for his transgressions upon myself. And he will. THAT I vow," he says with a firm nod. With or without you, fool.


Female LE devil-spawn tiefling cleric of Asmodeus 5 || hp 32/41|| AC 21, touch 11, flatfooted 20 || Perception +11, Sense Motive +18 || Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +9 || CMB +4, CMD 15 || Init +1 || Affyria appearance || Guard disguise

Congrats! Our little tyke is 2,5 now. We can't actually complain a lot, she's been a dream even though it's nigh impossible to get her into her own bed each night.

"As for me, I'll be glad to see Mitra's faith fall in grace. Her worshippers preach kindness and acceptance, but in truth they are blinded by their ideals, and their entire dogma is based on their own superiority and the shunning of other views. Once the faith of our infernal lord has again risen to supremacy in Talingarde, the kingdom will be reshaped into a better place, a more tolerant place, where everyone can carve out an equal existence for themselves." Affyria pauses, as if to add weight to her words.

"Then we can finally be at peace."


Belial's Maps; Dispater's Maps
Timo Zoci wrote:
...Timo glances at Tiadora wondering how much to actually say. "I can't let the lapdog think I have anything but awe for the cardinal. I'll have to keep things vague"

Sorry for any confusion but Tiadora has departed the room. Not sure if any others were under the same impression and if it would change/affect responses.

Arkov nods in acceptance of your declarations, though his expression is as hard to read as ever with a smile that reveals nothing. "All understandable and admirable goals." He ponders for a moment, then asks, "I can have my staff make arrangements for you at the manor. Is there anything else you require in the meantime?"

1d20 + 28 ⇒ (19) + 28 = 47


HP 30/30; AC 16/12/14; Saves +3 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will; Init +4; Per +4
Uses:
1/1 Pyrotechnics, 2/8 Arcane Reservoir, 3 'Hero' Points
Male Emberkin Aasimar Exploiter Wizard 5;Current outfit, Base Appearance, Journal

Sense Motive, Tears to Wine (because why not?): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Don't forget you have hero points, Affyria. That's a +8 if you use it before you roll.

"Thank you for your hospitality, Baron. As a matter of fact.... I am looking for a fairly powerful scroll, something used to summon angels... or devils. Do you have any contacts with access to something like that?" Daidalos asks.

Diplomacy, Tears to Wine: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 15 + 2 = 35


Male Elf Brawler (Snakebite Striker) 1/Fighter (Weapon Master) 4; AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15, CMD 21 (22 vs. disarm and sunder when wielding longsword); HP 34/34; VP 3/3; Fort +6*, Ref +7*, Will +3* (+2 vs. fear, +1 vs. effects targeting longsword); Initiative +7; Perception +13 (darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision), Sense Motive +11
Timo Zoci wrote:
...and then my first son coming I may be a bit sporadic...

Congratulations indeed! We have a tiny girlspawn who is at the moment eleven months and one week old. She is, of course, the awesomest beastie I have ever met despite the fussing and sleeplessness and exhaustion and more that are more often than not associated with being a parent to a very young human.

Also, babies and toddlers and so on are amusing, I kid you not.


Female LE devil-spawn tiefling cleric of Asmodeus 5 || hp 32/41|| AC 21, touch 11, flatfooted 20 || Perception +11, Sense Motive +18 || Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +9 || CMB +4, CMD 15 || Init +1 || Affyria appearance || Guard disguise

'tis true, I completely forgot about hero points. But with a natural 1, it would not have made a difference.

Affyria offers the baron her most charming smile. "As long as you're offering, I would not mind a few bottles of this very exquisite vintage," she says, holding up the glass of wine.


Belial's Maps; Dispater's Maps

The Baron nods to Daedalos. ”Procuring such a scroll will not be problematic. Give me two days and I’ll have someone bring it to the manor where you’ll be staying. Whatever discount I can negotiate, I’ll pass along to you. The wine is also not a problem. I’ll have. A case sent over. Keep in mind, this may be the hinterlands of Talingarde society, but there are powerful representatives of the faith here at the Abbey of St. Cynthia Celeste. I suggest keeping a low profile while in town.”

Arkov is willing to entertain other questions and conversation. Otherwise, the evening draws towards a pleasant end and he has staff escort you out of Calliver’s Green and to a manor a short distance away in Estell. It is far less grand than his mansion but has a two staff on call though they mostly keep to the kitchen, sturdy windows with minimal drafts, and serviceable fireplaces. Each of you has a bedroom available, while Raven finds a silk-lined coffin has been made available in the basement.


Male Elf Brawler (Snakebite Striker) 1/Fighter (Weapon Master) 4; AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15, CMD 21 (22 vs. disarm and sunder when wielding longsword); HP 34/34; VP 3/3; Fort +6*, Ref +7*, Will +3* (+2 vs. fear, +1 vs. effects targeting longsword); Initiative +7; Perception +13 (darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision), Sense Motive +11

"You know, I think I will quite possibly miss sleeping in an actual bed before long," Raevanis remarks with a soft sigh, though not with too much bitterness behind the words. "I do appreciate the silk though. Soft," he adds as he runs his fingers over it.


HP 30/30; AC 16/12/14; Saves +3 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will; Init +4; Per +4
Uses:
1/1 Pyrotechnics, 2/8 Arcane Reservoir, 3 'Hero' Points
Male Emberkin Aasimar Exploiter Wizard 5;Current outfit, Base Appearance, Journal

As they spend their days in Farholde, while he waits for his scroll to arrive, Daidalos subtly looks into Aiden Kael, if anybody knew him or where he went.

Gather Information, hours: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d4 ⇒ 2
Gather Information, hours: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 151d4 ⇒ 4
Gather Information, hours: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 151d4 ⇒ 1


Male LE Tiefling (Demon-Spawn) Anti-Paladin (Tyrant) 5 | HP: 51/53 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 20 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Smite Good: 1/2, Touch of Corruption: 4/6 | Spells: 1st 2/2 CL: 4| Active conditions: None. | Image

While Daidalos searches for Aiden, Timo decides to look a different way for the Horn. "Thorne mentioned under a large stone spire. I heard others around town mention several in the Care Brye with treasure beneath. Maybe I can find a map of the Care Brye that points these structures out and tell me which is the largest. We can't be the first that have gone looking for this 'treaure'."

Gather Information: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Gather Information: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Gather Information: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Belial's Maps; Dispater's Maps

Daedalos and Timo head into town (presumably disguised by Thorn's circlets) to assess their options.

The wizard seeks out information on Aiden Kael, leader of the Phlegethian Knot, who Thorn said claimed to have found the Horn before falling out of contact. While chatting up some of the locals at a tavern, one replies, "An elf, you say? Why... yeah, I think I did hear tell o' that one. He was stayin' at the Wandering Friar Inn... Hmm. At least, he was. Disappeared about three weeks back I think. Went into the Briar with some rough types and weren't never seen since."

Timo takes more the approach of a typical adventurer. He finds an old fisherman and sailor who isn't too forthcoming and tells the inquisitive man to jump in the lake. However, a merchant from a nearby stall overhears the conversation and pipes up, "Sir, sir, hello there, ignore that one, he's lost in his cups with brine in his veins. You're looking for treasure, eh? Well, you're not the first. Pretty much a fools errand, I say. Were there treasure, it'd have been found by now. Instead, people just be going into the Briar and disappearing. But... rumors say there's treasure to be found within the Karst hills at the north side of the Briar, maybe a day's travel from here. If you be wanting a map, I can sell you one. Just two gold, if it pleases."


HP 30/30; AC 16/12/14; Saves +3 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will; Init +4; Per +4
Uses:
1/1 Pyrotechnics, 2/8 Arcane Reservoir, 3 'Hero' Points
Male Emberkin Aasimar Exploiter Wizard 5;Current outfit, Base Appearance, Journal

Daidalos thanks his informer, then ventures off to find the Wandering Friar Inn. He assumes the guise of a young elven woman and enters, "Hello, I heard that Aiden was staying here? Is he in? He was supposed to return a few weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything from him."

Bluff: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Male LE Tiefling (Demon-Spawn) Anti-Paladin (Tyrant) 5 | HP: 51/53 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 20 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Smite Good: 1/2, Touch of Corruption: 4/6 | Spells: 1st 2/2 CL: 4| Active conditions: None. | Image

"If they're going into the Briar and disappearing, maybe the treasure is not found. Maybe they were just too weak to survive it?" With that Timo plunks down 2 gold pieces on the counter. "I'll have your map"


Belial's Maps; Dispater's Maps

Daidalos arrives at the Wandering Friar in the guise of an elf with feminine wiles. Inquiring as to Aiden's whereabouts, the innkeeper nods instantly, "Aye, I know the one you're talkin' about. He ain't paid for his room and I'm about to declare it abandoned. Pay his bill, and I'll let you in."

Elsewhere in town, Timo is able to procure a map of the northern reach of the Caer Bryr.

Maps Updated.

2,151 to 2,168 of 2,168 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM SnowHeart's Way of the Wicked All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.