Unusual Allies (Inactive)

Game Master PhilOfCalth

A 4th Level Pathfinder Homebrew where everyone plays Kobolds


301 to 350 of 350 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Male Mul Wizard (Enhancement) 5

The blow pings off of Kax's armor. While his ego is of draconic proportions, he is a kobold after all and unwilling to deny any advantage offered in a fight. "Good try you lummox! But you have to do better than that!" he taunts the angry orc as he bobs and weaves, trying to tire the brute out before commencing his counterattack.

Going full defense and activating Protection Judgement (Total AC now 28)
GM, feel free to fast forward the battle until the orc drops out of rage. If Kax gets hit, he will switch to Healing Judgement (1 less AC and fast Healing 2).


Male

Has Kax not taken off his armour? He certainly can't keep his shield.


Male Mul Wizard (Enhancement) 5

Ok, no shields wasn't specified (I usually consider shield = armor). Yes, he is keeping his armor on. which means his flat footed AC was 20, still enough to block the orc. He'll stick to the same strategy (AC 26 now, 25 when he needs to switch to healing)


Male

Please explain that AC calculation to me. Your normal AC is 10 + 6 armor +2 shield +1 natural +3 dex +1 size= 23. Without shield = 21. Flat footed = 18 (10+6 armour+1 natural+1 size)


Male Kobold Level 1 Pistolero/Level 3 Trench Fighter

between the protection judgement and going full defense is where he is getting the extra +6


Male

Not on the first turn when he's going second. Also using both of those should only get him a +5 according to my book


Male Kobold Level 1 Pistolero/Level 3 Trench Fighter

Hm, yeah, not sure then.


Male Mul Wizard (Enhancement) 5

My apologies. I just seem to have written it down wrong. FF AC was indeed 18.
With Full Defense and his dex bonus back, he's now at 25. Judgement for healing is in effect.

Kax does receive the orc's blow with a grunt, then steels himself for the rest of the brute's rage.


Male

Through accident or design the orc hits a part of Kax's breastplate that must have been weakened by the goblins, cracking the metal and separating it from his left shoulder.

Your total defensive ac is now 22

Seeing that the kobold has switched to an obviously defensive posture Gugrog changes tactics and goes for a bear hug style grapple.
Grapple CMB 9: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
As he wraps his arms around Kax he head-buts his foe
nonlethal damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Total defense is no-longer an option. Gugrog's CMD is 19


Male

I understand this might be boring for the rest of the party. Feel free to interact with the rest of the orcs.


Male

Murdit turns to Clashing as Gugrog grabs Kax.
I'm going to assume Murdit has gotten all your names by now
"It seems that we will have at least 2 if not 3 incapable of raiding tonight Ipreek. Might I suggest your remaining party accompanies me and some of my warriors in scouting the town and making a plan"

A few of the orcs gather around to watch the fight while others remain vigilant. One approaches Yraalik and Ssslic
"You friend stupid to fight Grugrog. I fight Grugrog. I loose eye!" the orc gestures to the empty socket where his right eye used to be.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 16/22

"Our friend knows what his is doing, and I doubt he'd lose an eye so easily , even to your champion." Yraalick replies evenly, finished with his meal and tossing the scraps to his new goblin.


Male

"Eye not bad. He has two eyes. You hope Grugrog not find something he only has 1 of" the orc replies sincerely as the Goblin gobbles down his scraps.


Male

In the interest of moving this along I'll roll for Kax
Kax attempts to escape the orc's grip
I think his CMD is incorrect it should be 17 (10+2 Str +3 Dex +3 BAB -1 size). CMB should be 4(2 Str +3 BAB -1 size)
Break free: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 Enveloped in the orc arms Kax finds it hard to do anything.

Gugrog tries to simply crush the Kobold in his grip
Grapple CMB 9+5 surcumstance: 1d10 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
nonlethal wounds: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Putting Kax on a total of 18 nonlethal at the begining of his turn


Male Mul Wizard (Enhancement) 5

Kax snarls and twists, desperate to break from the brute's grip. He doesn't yield however. There is fire in his eyes as he loses consciousness.

Grapple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Sorry for the delay in posting. Access was a little limited. We can just say this battle is over and Kax is KOed.


Male Kobold Level 1 Pistolero/Level 3 Trench Fighter

As the giant orc bludgeons Kax into submission, Ipreek chuckles. "Yes, yes, I suppose you'd be right. We'll let them rest and consider it a scouting mission for the evenin'." Standing up, the kobold dusts himself off and smiles.


Male

I've created a character that I believe to be is challenging, He'll defiantly tire himself out before Kax drops, but you need to do something other than total defense to win. If you're sure I can skip to the end, or I can just roll until Kax breaks free of the hold. It's up to you


male HP: 33/33 | AC: 15/13/12| Fort: +7 | Ref: +5 | Will: +8 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | CMB: +3 | CMD: 16|Shorsword: +4;1d4+1| hidden preist 4

Grigg lets out a lone snore as he turns in his bedroll.


Male Blue Kobold Rogue (Snare Setter) 2/Bard (Dragon Herald) 2 HP: 14/15 | AC: 18/13/16| Fort: +4 | Ref: +8 | Will: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10 | CMB: +3 | CMD: 15|Dagger: +4;1d3+1| Shortbow: +5:1d4|
Skills:
Acrobatics: +6| Appraise: +4| Bluff:+10| Climb:-1| Craft (Traps):+15| Dip: +10| Escape:+4| K.Arc/Dun/Loc:+9| K.Pla/Nob/Rel:+8|Linguistics:+11| Perf (Oratory):+11| Sense Mo:+1| Spell:+11| Stealth: +11| Survival: +1| UMD:+9|

Scram recites a brief poem on Orcish might and valor, involving bloodshed, more blood shed and even more bloodshed. Adding in destruction, gore descriptions and their typical enemies.

Perform (Oratory) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


Male Mul Wizard (Enhancement) 5

My plan was just to wait until the rage ended and he was fatigued where I might have a chance. Go ahead and roll out more damage and Kax's grapple until he's free or unconscious. It looks like he'll last on average 4 more rounds until he drops. I figure the orc's rage will last longer than that.

Grapple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Male

@Clashing, Grigg and Scram - Do want to get started with the scouting scene while the fight continues, even though they are not going on at the same time? If so I'll post the beginning under a spoiler. Also do you want to bring Scratch?

@Scram - What language is your song in?


Male

The combat fast forward:
Grapple CMB 9+5 circumstance: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29 TN 17
nonlethal wounds: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Start of Turn 5 Current Wounds on Kax: 25
Kax Break free: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 So close! Kax heals 2

Gugrog brings his knee up into the Kobold's stomach, badly winding him. Kax struggles within a hair's breath of getting free.

Grapple CMB 9+5 circumstance: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25 TN 17
nonlethal wounds: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Start of Turn 6 Current Wounds on Kax: 29
Kax Break free: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 Kax Heals 2

Reaserting his grip the orc lands a glancing blow non Kax's armour, battering the flesh underneath and making a loud ringing noise to company Scram's singing.

Grapple CMB 9+5 circumstance: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16 TN 17
nonlethal wounds: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Start of Turn 7 Current Wounds on Kax: 33
Kax Break free: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Kax Heals 2 and is FREE!!! You've used your standard action, do you wish to do anything else?

Gugrog atempts to mage a more telling blow on the Kobold, but in doing so looses his grip na his blow though painful, aided the Kobold in his escape.


Male Blue Kobold Rogue (Snare Setter) 2/Bard (Dragon Herald) 2 HP: 14/15 | AC: 18/13/16| Fort: +4 | Ref: +8 | Will: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10 | CMB: +3 | CMD: 15|Dagger: +4;1d3+1| Shortbow: +5:1d4|
Skills:
Acrobatics: +6| Appraise: +4| Bluff:+10| Climb:-1| Craft (Traps):+15| Dip: +10| Escape:+4| K.Arc/Dun/Loc:+9| K.Pla/Nob/Rel:+8|Linguistics:+11| Perf (Oratory):+11| Sense Mo:+1| Spell:+11| Stealth: +11| Survival: +1| UMD:+9|

In Orcish of course...
As for the Scouting, I thought Grigg has it in hand? After all the ouchies that is.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 16/22

"Finally free?" Yraalik calls out. "Gain victory for the Luminous One, Kax!"


male HP: 33/33 | AC: 15/13/12| Fort: +7 | Ref: +5 | Will: +8 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | CMB: +3 | CMD: 16|Shorsword: +4;1d4+1| hidden preist 4

"*Snork*"
Scouting? what scouting? Grigg is asleep beside scratch,looking noticably healthier


Male

The orcs seem to greatly enjoy Ssslic's songs, ignoring small mistakes in the language as they watch the show.


Male Kobold Level 1 Pistolero/Level 3 Trench Fighter

I'm up for beginning the scouting mission.


Male

@Clashing, Yraalic and Scram - Do you want to bring Scratch?


Male Blue Kobold Rogue (Snare Setter) 2/Bard (Dragon Herald) 2 HP: 14/15 | AC: 18/13/16| Fort: +4 | Ref: +8 | Will: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10 | CMB: +3 | CMD: 15|Dagger: +4;1d3+1| Shortbow: +5:1d4|
Skills:
Acrobatics: +6| Appraise: +4| Bluff:+10| Climb:-1| Craft (Traps):+15| Dip: +10| Escape:+4| K.Arc/Dun/Loc:+9| K.Pla/Nob/Rel:+8|Linguistics:+11| Perf (Oratory):+11| Sense Mo:+1| Spell:+11| Stealth: +11| Survival: +1| UMD:+9|

I'm fine with bringing Scratch.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 16/22

Sure.


Male Kobold Level 1 Pistolero/Level 3 Trench Fighter

Works for me!


Male

Clashing, Scram, Yraalic:
Scratch becomes a little twitchy as Murdit and two of his tribe lead you to an exit from the caves. Outside the air is clear and a gentle breeze blows the leaves of the forest trees. The moonlight shows no obvious path.

When the first hint of wind hits Scratch he barges past the party and into the forest. He doesn't go far, but runs from tree to bush to tree sniffing everything and looking around in excitement. He even goes as far as half climbing a tree and jumping back down, making an awful racket with the tools on his back.

There is some grumbelling from the other orcs and Murdit speaks in a hushed tone
“Kobold allies, kindly restrain your beast before he wakes the entire forest”

Who has handle animal? Poor rolls will make things worse


male HP: 33/33 | AC: 15/13/12| Fort: +7 | Ref: +5 | Will: +8 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | CMB: +3 | CMD: 16|Shorsword: +4;1d4+1| hidden preist 4

Grigg freezes in his sleep as the trio move scratch away from the tunnel. he comes to an empty space where scratch used to be and a whole bunch of dust.grumbling, he goes back to sleep.


Male Blue Kobold Rogue (Snare Setter) 2/Bard (Dragon Herald) 2 HP: 14/15 | AC: 18/13/16| Fort: +4 | Ref: +8 | Will: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10 | CMB: +3 | CMD: 15|Dagger: +4;1d3+1| Shortbow: +5:1d4|
Skills:
Acrobatics: +6| Appraise: +4| Bluff:+10| Climb:-1| Craft (Traps):+15| Dip: +10| Escape:+4| K.Arc/Dun/Loc:+9| K.Pla/Nob/Rel:+8|Linguistics:+11| Perf (Oratory):+11| Sense Mo:+1| Spell:+11| Stealth: +11| Survival: +1| UMD:+9|

Perception, to attempt spot whatever Murdit is indicating.1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Handle Animal, Control Scratch 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

"Scratch! Heel! To us." Scram whistles softly, his eyes better adapted to the moonlight.

"What about the forest waking up. Explain, friend." Scram attempts to get Murdit to explain his words.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 16/22

"And do so quickly and quietly if making noise concerns you in this light-blasted forest." Yraalick adds slowly, shielding his eyes.


Male Mul Wizard (Enhancement) 5

Kax lets out a snarl having broken the orc's grip. He darts left and right, circling the brute and looking for an opening.

Sorry again, very busy week this one.
Using a swift action to change the judgement to Protection. Since it is a profane bonus, that should add to CMD as well. Total AC 22 and CMD 19 (double check me on this).
Move action to run around him a bit. If he does have Improved Unarmed or something similar, that's an AoO.


Male

Scram sees nothing sentient that Murdit might be referring to. Calling out to the Dire Weasel, the animal comes to a swift halt and returns obediently to Ssslic.

"It is a figure of speech blue one. The forest itself will not wake, but intelligent and aggressive creatures do call it home, and we are aiming to keep a low profile"

The outside world seem alien and hostile to those of you who have never ventured outside before. In the darkness of night Murdit leads you towards the village.

@Clashing & Yraalic roll a Per and open the following spoiler if you get 25 of more

Perception 25:
You spot something small and humanoid in the trees. It seems to be watching you and carring a spear. The moment you make eye contact it disappears into the undergrowth

@Yraalik - It's night. You mean it's moon-light blasted?

@Kax - He does not have improved unarmed combat


Male Blue Kobold Rogue (Snare Setter) 2/Bard (Dragon Herald) 2 HP: 14/15 | AC: 18/13/16| Fort: +4 | Ref: +8 | Will: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10 | CMB: +3 | CMD: 15|Dagger: +4;1d3+1| Shortbow: +5:1d4|
Skills:
Acrobatics: +6| Appraise: +4| Bluff:+10| Climb:-1| Craft (Traps):+15| Dip: +10| Escape:+4| K.Arc/Dun/Loc:+9| K.Pla/Nob/Rel:+8|Linguistics:+11| Perf (Oratory):+11| Sense Mo:+1| Spell:+11| Stealth: +11| Survival: +1| UMD:+9|

"Ah I see. Do you know of the inhabitants of the foests? The beasts that inhabit it, that is." Scram attempts to persuade his guide to give up more information.


Male

"Bears and goblins come out of the caves from time to time. There are also a sizable selection of large preditors that inhabit the forest... There are rumours of darker things, but there are always rumours, few of them are ever true"


Male Kobold Level 1 Pistolero/Level 3 Trench Fighter

Clashing takes a deep breath of air as he steps outside. "Smell it friends! This is the air of the outside world! Breath deep and enjoy the night's darkness! This is a good night, for a raid or for scouting!" Clearly, Boom-Boom is if anything more at home outdoors than in.

Can't make that DC, but whatever, roll away!

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Male

I would have given it to you for a 20... For a 19 I'll give you this:

Clashing:
You think you see some movement in the trees... Or was it the wind?

Shadow Lodge

HP: 16/22

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

At least the trees will provide protection from the sun." Yraalick mutters, watching the weasel briefly. Such a good beast for their purpose.


Male Mul Wizard (Enhancement) 5

So does he grab Kax again on his turn?


Male

@Kax - You have not taken your standard action yet. Are you skipping your standard?
Also judgment of protection only seems to improve armoiur class. If you can give me a book name and a page number for where your reading...

@Yraalic - It's night!


Male

The kobolds and orcs push through the forrest without further incident. When they come to the opening before the town they see that it is made up of three dozen squat buildings. There are four small circular buildings surrounding the town, in which there is definatly light and movement. Otherwise the town seems to be asleep.

"So where is this tavern of yours Ipreek?" Murdit whispers.

@Clashing - Considering you have probibly been through the village before I don't mind if you describe the tavern and it's location. It cannot be away from the other buildings, but it can be at the edge of the town. Other reasonable advantages are acceptable, pass it by me if you're uncertain.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 16/22

How do I keep messing that up?!


Male Mul Wizard (Enhancement) 5

I thought it was:
Kax's standard -> break free
Orc's Turn -> ??
Kax's next standard action

"That all you've got?" Kax stares the brute down. His eyes blaze with power and there is something poisonous in his gaze.

Venomous Stare: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 nonlethal damage if he fails a DC 15 will save. No damage if he makes it


Male Kobold Level 1 Pistolero/Level 3 Trench Fighter

Now that I think of it, it probably does make sense I passed through the town. I was going into this thinking it'd be another bald-faced lie. :P

Boom-Boom scans the village, looking through the buildings. "There it is." He points towards a large, long building off one of the main roads, a couple hundred yards away from the edge of town. "Looks like their revel's already over for the night. Must'a been a fair day at work for them all to retire early. But tha's that building where they all go to drink away their sorrows, guards too. You'll find more fightin' men there than you will in the undermanned watchtowers, but less chance of raising an alarm, an' more chance to find 'em unarmored or armed."

Mostly going off of what makes the most sense to me for a tavern as to where I put it, but for reference, about how big is this village/town thingy? If it's small enough, I'd probably say it'd be near the center of town, otherwise just central enough to things that it'd make a large gathering area.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 16/22

"And with my magic, we can surely overwhelm them wether they are sober or drunk on that p*$$ water they call drink."


Male Blue Kobold Rogue (Snare Setter) 2/Bard (Dragon Herald) 2 HP: 14/15 | AC: 18/13/16| Fort: +4 | Ref: +8 | Will: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10 | CMB: +3 | CMD: 15|Dagger: +4;1d3+1| Shortbow: +5:1d4|
Skills:
Acrobatics: +6| Appraise: +4| Bluff:+10| Climb:-1| Craft (Traps):+15| Dip: +10| Escape:+4| K.Arc/Dun/Loc:+9| K.Pla/Nob/Rel:+8|Linguistics:+11| Perf (Oratory):+11| Sense Mo:+1| Spell:+11| Stealth: +11| Survival: +1| UMD:+9|

Through it all Scram stays silent. Content to watch his next brothers plan out their next moves along with the Orcs. Instead he observes and studies the village.

Looking at their layout, the position of the gates and guards rotations. The state of their training and arms, observing their daily patterns would not hinder them, he thinks.

Instead the more he knows the better.

301 to 350 of 350 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Unusual Allies All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Play-by-Post