Treasurefox's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master TreasureFox

Fireday, the 29th of Lamashan, 4711AR

Magnimar

Homebrew Rules
The Story So Far
Loot List


251 to 300 of 7,539 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

M'ara Human Witch 1 AC:17/17/14 HP:3/7 F:+1 R: +3 W: +2 Init: +3 Perception: +0

Cleo, Hannah:

Mar'a takes a few moments to look out over the boneyard to the river, enjoying the view, then she turns and hustles over to the theatre.


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Ali and Azeri:
"Excuse me Father, I am searching for a Knife that splits the Night Sky, I believe it is religious but I am not sure. I was thinking... Sarenrae? Dawn breaks the night sky but then the sky isn't really night any more is it? It is morning... Oh bother..." Ali frowns around him confused. "I guess you are not the guy I need to talk to huh...?"

Is there a monument in the Graveyard? Something that would look like a knife?

Azeri darts towards the stables and pushed his way inside, looking for somebody who might be giving out tokens.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

The middle aged man laughs as Ali's about to leave "Hold on there, son. I have a gift for you. May Desna, Goddess of the Stars, guide you." He then gives Ali a starknife. "Careful with this, alright? It's dull, but no playfighting."
1 point


M Human Ranger 7 HP 52/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Yea, I work caravan duty a bunch and so am out of town a lot. Pretty much just have a bed and chest at my shack whenever I get back here.


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Ali looks at the man before smiling and taking the knife. "Thank you Father. Desna. Of course. It is a Starknife!" He laughed softly before darting out the door and in to the street. "Wait... where am I going?"

Intelligence Check on Masters Stones-1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Cleo goes up to the old man, "Hello sir, I'll admit, I really have no idea what I'm looking for, but would it be possible to get it anyway? Please?"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Maria smiles and about the curious goblin, after getting pointed in the right direction she takes off smiling at a good con job.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Cleo:

The old man's (normally cold) heart warms gently with Cleo's honesty. "Hmm Well how about this, let me tell you just a little bit about the magnificence of this monument, and I'll give you what you seek."

He turns around and starts pointing at little pieces of stone, and old carved runes as he speaks.

"What is confirmed is that this structure originated from the Thassolonian empire, although the date of which is... arguable. They were a people with an incredible magical society, with wizard-kings of immense power. This was thousands of years ago, mind you, and despite that they had very sophisticated technology. I suspect that..."

Then he notices that you seem to be in a rush. He sighs deeply and says "Alright, alright. The runestones are by the cat... lecture's over." 1 point

Azeri:

Azeri pushed his way through the front door of the stables, while the fletcher works without batting an eye. To Azeri's amazement, there is no one inside. Upon stepping out, he sees Ameiko run back from where she came, with an arrow in hand. She turns her head to wink at you before she speeds off.

The fletcher hands Azeri an arrow without saying a word. You can feel the arrow vibrate with strange energy. 1 point

Ali:

You figure that the Master does refer to a deity, but not any of the ones in the cathedral. You'll have to find another way to figure it out.

Maria:

As you run to the the Curious Goblin, you see Hannah run past you, to the North West. Standing inside the massive library stands an old man with a bookmark to give you. It allows you to get a single book for free (some exceptions apply). 1 point

Furnok:

"Ah well no wonder! Here, let me get you out of there... There you go. Stay safe tonight alright? And like I said, there is a drinking contest at the hagfish tonight that you might want to try. A lot of money is on the line."


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Points:
Ali, Azeri, Maria

Ali found the Old Light
Azeri found the Sandpoint Theater
Ali found the Cathedral
Azeri found the Goblin Squash Stables
Maria found the Curious Goblin

Mar'a, Cleo, Hannah

Cleo found the Cathedral
Mar'a found the Sandpoint Theater
Hannah found the Curious Goblin
Cleo found the Old Light

The twins and Ameiko As far as you know

The twins found the Cathedral
Ameiko found the Curious Goblin


M Human Ranger 7 HP 52/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Furnok takes his leave of the jail and wanders out into town. Blinking at all the bright light, he wanders over to the Hagfish for some food perhaps.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Great work!


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Azeri and Ali:
Ali scratches his head, before running back in to the Cathedral and up to the Priest again. "Uhm... Father, I was wondering, are there any practitioners of other faiths, outside of the main Pantheon, around town? It would have to be someone well respected, so not one of the Demon Lords or Infernal Princes, right? And I mean it has to be someone pretty unique in town, so not one of the worshippers of Besmara that I would find around the docks. I figured what the clue corresponded too, but not the place. Any chance you could help a young man out?" He smiled, making sure the small symbol of Shelyn he wore around his neck was in plane view.

'Got another one but was just beaten here by Ameiko. Gonna go track down Maria and see how she is doing!' Azeri spoke through his mind, as he made his way to the center of town, and attempted to find the small Orphan girl.

Azeri Perception-1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Azeri Survival-1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

'I think I might just be able to find her...'

Ali grinned, before looking at the Priest again. "I'm not trying to get your favoritism or nothin Father, I just thought you could help a young man out, with a little hint, as a favor."

Diplomacy-1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Oh wait... Is that it over?

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Maria is busy asking people the way towards the House of Blue Stones.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Not over yet! But you'll have to get back to the cathedral with all the items in order to win.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Cleo not knowing anything else about the city, is waiting at the lighthouse since that is the meeting up point M'ara suggested. So since she's waiting anyway, she'll introduce herself to the old man, and say she's got a few minutes if he'd like to continue.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Ali:

The priest smiles deeply and gives Ali a friendly wink. "Yes, that I can help with, but remember, you'll have to owe me a favor."

Then he explains the clue to Ali

"You see here, the master is known as Irori, god of perfection and knowledge. He is normally worshiped by monks who practice martial arts to reach enlightenment. They are a stern and reclusive bunch, but we happen to have a temple here in Sandpoint. Head down to the House of Blue Stones, and you'll find your clue."

Azeri and Maria:

Azeri's wandering through town when he finds a small group of townsfolk who Maria has charmed into taking her to the House of Blue Stones. The temple door opens up to reveal a young woman who has a peaceful air about her. Inside you can see polished blue stone floors, and massive bookshelves in the distance. She hands you a small vial of golden liquid. 1 point

Furnok:

As you sit down at the hagfish, a beatdown drinking bar, you hear a strange conversation coming from behind you in the corner. "...this when yer bout to start drinking. You'll win easy. Now gimme my money..."

The bar tended comes up to you and says "What'll it be?"

Cleo:

Hannah has returned! She comes up to you with a bookmark in her hand. "I got this, an idea that cannot be forgotten. It means a book."


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

"Of course Father, I will owe you big time!" Ali listened intently as the Priest spoke, before thanking the man and dashing outside, ready to head towards the next clue.

'Hey Azeri I-'


M Human Ranger 7 HP 52/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Umm.. Some eggs and bacon. Plus coffee, strong stuff. Furnok smacks his lips, a foul taste still on them, hopefully a jolt of strong coffee will get him up and running.


Male Eidolon (Agathion) Eidolon / Level 1 / HP [25/25] / AC 17 [21] / T 13 / FF 12 / Fort +4 / Ref +1 / Will +2 / Initiative +1 / Perception +4

'We found the last clue Ali. Well... Maria did. That's them all right? We are on our way back to you!' Azeri cut across what the boy had been about to say, as he dashed over to Maria and grinned.

"Hey little one. That's the final clue we needed. We should get back to the Cathedral yard fast, we could still win!" Azeri grinned and pointed the way they were to go. "I'll race ya! You can have all of my clues if you win!"


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Alandrian shrugged and moved over to the event organizer, standing beside them and smiling sweetly, waiting for his team to turn up. "Nice day isn't it?"

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Maria smiles widely when she sees Azeri,. [/b]Great, how much do you have? And have you seen Ali?[/b]


Male Eidolon (Agathion) Eidolon / Level 1 / HP [25/25] / AC 17 [21] / T 13 / FF 12 / Fort +4 / Ref +1 / Will +2 / Initiative +1 / Perception +4

"I've got two! This arrow and this sheet of paper." He shook his head before tapping his temple. "Don't gotta. I can speak to him mind to mind. Perk of our arrangement. He is waiting for us."

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

What does he have? I have a bookmark and this. She says as she shows him the vial.


Male Eidolon (Agathion) Eidolon / Level 1 / HP [25/25] / AC 17 [21] / T 13 / FF 12 / Fort +4 / Ref +1 / Will +2 / Initiative +1 / Perception +4

"Ali got a Starknife and a Runestone. Don't know what the Runestone will do. but the Starknife is good. Always good to have a weapon favored by the gods, even if it ain't the main God you pay service to!" Azeri kept his longer pace, even with the girls, which was pretty easy as she was so fast.

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Maria shoves her items in Azeri's hands. Go Go! You have longer legs! Tell Ali to meet us where they gave the clues.


Male Eidolon (Agathion) Eidolon / Level 1 / HP [25/25] / AC 17 [21] / T 13 / FF 12 / Fort +4 / Ref +1 / Will +2 / Initiative +1 / Perception +4

Azeri takes the things from Maria and nods, before beginning to run, his long legs stretching out before him.

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Maria stops and sits down, tired from all the running but smiling happily as she takes a break before running towards the center of the festival.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Cleo congratulates Hannah and shows her the two items she has. Sitting in the sun chatting with the druid and the warrior is a great way to pass the time and Cleo can't help thinking today is a lovely day.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

A little bit of fast forwarding here, nothing crazy

After a grueling race across the town, all the participants eventually make it back to the cathedral. Standing in the center of attention are Ali, Azeri, and Maria, the three of them completing the entire scavenger list.

"Let's here it for these clever folks! Congratulations!!" yells the town crier.

Here are the standings:
Ali, Azeri, and Maria completed the entire list!
Cleo, Mar'a, and Hannah got 4 out of 6!
Arika, Aneka, and Ameiko got 3 out of 6!

You find out that some of the items you hold are magical, while some give you discounts. Or... in the case of the theater, you received shameless promotion for Cyrdak's business. Yay.

The giant tug of war will begin shortly, followed by the dunk-a-gnome. These are meant to be pretty quick and easy.

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Maria jumps up and down before hugging onto Ali. We did it we did it! a list of the magic items and their abilities?


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Ali laughs before crouching down and laying the items out before them. "So this is just to split between you and me, Azeri doesn't need any of it or can't use any of it right now. So... I wonder what we got!"

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Maria pulls out the book mark and vial and puts them down. This gives us a free book from the library and I'm pretty sure this is a potion.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Furnok. You continue to hear the two talking in the back. "Fine. Here's your damn money, don't go sellin it here though. Plucked it off the mayor's finger, I did."

"Sorry bout that" says the bartender as he slams down your eggs, bacon, and super strong coffee onto the table. "We're about to start setting things up for the festival lunch. Lobster chowder, it is. Say, you in town for the festival? Maybe the big contest tonight, eh?"


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Ali nodded, before adding the Runestone and Starknife. Azeri adds his pamphlet and the Arrow. Ali stares down at the gathered items, before closing his eyes for a moment and concentrating. A warm tide of energy swept up over him and the rune on his forehead began to glow, before symbols, bright gold and burning bright, appeared around his left hand. He began to slowly wave his hand over the pile, concentrating.

Cast Detect Magic

When I have detected the items that are magic, I will make Spellcraft checks.

Spellcraft 1-1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Spellcraft 2-1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Spellcraft 3-1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

If I need more than that, let me know. :)


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Very nice description! I really like that. Also I'll roll your last one.

Spellcraft 4: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

There are 4 magic items in your collection: The runestone, the starknife, the vial, and the arrow.

The runestone acts as a material component for arcane spellcasting. When it is used in an arcane spell as a material component, it increases the caster level by 1.

The starknife is magical, but that's all you can figure out.

The vial is a potion of sanctuary (CL 1, DC 13)

and the arrow is an arrow of goblin bane.


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Runes:
Thanks. It is something I started doing awhile ago. I have two Spellcaster characters on the boards, one is a Dwarf Warpriest of Torag and the other is Ali. I figured that everyone has a kind of spiritual/magical aura and it all depends on the type of spell crafting you are partaking in, and what the governing stat is of that type of magic, as to how your magic looks. So for Ali his runes are white and gold, bold, crude and bright, very much so a mirror of his personality and his Charismatic approach to spellcraft. For Dorin, his magic comes from his god so it is the colour of fire and metal, so red and a shifting hue of gold and silver. His runes tend to materialize as flame esq symbols and are generally expertly crafted, to mirror his devotion to the god of the forge and the benefit of his Wisdom based magic. (I don't have a Wizard but I was thinking about that and figured that, in conjunction with the Intelligence based magic of the class and the constant study, that Wizards would be able to make their magic aura appear pretty much as they like). I thought it was a nice little twist on magic, rather than simply saying "I cast Mage Armour" all the time. :) Anyway... I digress.

Ali smiled, staring down at the little collection of magic items and feeling extremely proud. He described what each one did to Maria, well, the ones he knew, before sitting back and spreading his hands out before him. "Take your pick!"

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Maria looks over the items. How many? Half and half?


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

And that whole Rune speech sounded pretentious... Hahaha I just thought it was kinda cool and fun.

Ali nodded and smiled. "Yup. Right down the middle."

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

She glances across the table and closes her eyes thinking before taking the pamphlet, the bookmark and the arrow. Staring at the arrow she mutters.I'm gonna need a bow. Do you have one?


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Ali shook his head and smiled. "You can have the bookmark and the pamphlet for free, I was thinking we could split the magic stuff, two a piece. So why don't you take the potion too?" He pushed the small vial in to her hands, before she could say no.

"There. Our first treasure."

He shook his head when she asked about the bow. "I have a Crossbow but it takes bolts not arrows. There is a hunter in town though, we could go and see him tomorrow, pick you up a bow then? You will probably be really good with a bow too, you can juggle so your hand eye co-ordination has to be pretty good!" He stood up and slipped the Starknife on to a loop on his belt, before dropping the runestone in to his belt pouch. "This was a really good game!"


M Human Ranger 7 HP 52/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Furnok turns his head slightly in the direction of the men. Ayup! In for the festival. He chews down dome bacon .Say, He mutters low. Not that I'm accusen anyone, but if someone is plannen to cheat at drinken, maybe that someone plannen on drinken somethign ta give him the edge. What would be the proper way to let the judges know somethen fishy is going on?

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Maria looks between the potion and the starknife before handing Ali the potion. Here. I'm pretty good in a fight, this would do better with you.


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Ali grins before offering her the Starknife. "Aye, maybe you better take this instead. I do have a Crossbow and some knives after all!"

I just realized if I take that Starknife I go in to medium load. :P

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Maria takes the knife and ties it to her belt. Thanks.Wanna go see about that bow while we wait?Hey, how seriously are we taking encumbrance rules? Some people do weight by armor, others do it exactly, some do it where coins have no weight, some don't care so long as you don't go nuts with it like carrying a donkey.


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

"Sure, sounds good!" Ali smiled as he lead the way, towards the local trading post. They may not be open on the feast day, but it was worth a check anyway.

I know really we should be going to a Blacksmith because it is a weapon, but a Blacksmith for a bow seems silly, so I just said the Trading Post. As for encumbrance I would love to know that too. Haha I have STR 9.

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Maria tries the door carefully. Hello?Anybody here? Encumbrance by weight is suggested only in the case of weak characters. Guess what we are?


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List
Maria the Great wrote:
Hey, how seriously are we taking encumbrance rules? Some people do weight by armor, others do it exactly, some do it where coins have no weight, some don't care so long as you don't go nuts with it like carrying a donkey.

No carrying donkeys. Unless you're Helgarr

I usually just say "Don't worry about it too much, but hold yourself accountable. Buying a donkey/pony/horse with saddlebags, or finding a place to leave your extra stuff is a good idea.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

The local trading post is indeed open. It is currently being run by a man you know to be Ven Vinder. He was at the striking game earlier.

"Hey there Ali. I saw you three at the striking competition. What can I get ya?"

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

I wanted to see how much a bow would cost if you have one.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List
Furnok of Ferd wrote:
Furnok turns his head slightly in the direction of the men. Ayup! In for the festival. He chews down dome bacon .Say, He mutters low. Not that I'm accusen anyone, but if someone is plannen to cheat at drinken, maybe that someone plannen on drinken somethign ta give him the edge. What would be the proper way to let the judges know somethen fishy is going on?

The bartender leans over and whispers "Bring in Hemlock, I recon. Though he's a bit slow, and the thugs always race out fore he gets here. That or you're up to settlin the matter yourself, just count me outta it. Family and the Mrs, you know."

251 to 300 of 7,539 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.