Treasurefox's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master TreasureFox

Fireday, the 29th of Lamashan, 4711AR

Magnimar

Homebrew Rules
The Story So Far
Loot List


151 to 200 of 7,488 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Maria collapses backwards and rolls off the box in a single acrobatic move. acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 landing on her feet. Yes I did it! Depends on where you live I suppose. If you're rich you're less crowded, you don't elbow your way through crowds, if you're not, you do. And either way you need to keep an eye out, more so if you live in the slums. There's always thieves about. sleight of hand: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 Maria dips her hand into Ali's coin purse to grab a single coin.


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Haha I know. I keep getting them mixed up in my head, like Port Peril and Riddleport. And I am totally not going to see that Sleight of hand so I wont try

"It sounds... Thrilling. Living in a small town like this can be so tedious. I work, I eat, I sleep. I don't do anything else!" He shrugged, finishing the cake and standing up on the crate.


M'ara Human Witch 1 AC:17/17/14 HP:3/7 F:+1 R: +3 W: +2 Init: +3 Perception: +0

Mar'a laughs at her own attempt, handing off the mace to the next in line and moving to a safe place to watch.

She claps loudly as Helgarr acquits herself well, calling out

Shoanti:

"Well struck, cousin!

She then watched as Garridan came forth, as always eyeing the handsome man , but sighing inwardly as the man was married.

She claps loudly as he wins outright, but refrains from calling out , muttering instead to Helgarr , "None of us really had a chance of winning, you know.". Smiling, she introduces herself formally,

Shoanti:

"Be welcome in Sandpoint. I am Mar'a , born of the Shriikirri-Quah"

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Maria holds the coin in front of her. "It's not. When everything you have can be stolen from you in the blink of an eye by someone with lighter fingers than you, when you have to steal just to eat everyday, when you truly see the monsters that lurk behind the faces of normal people, it's not thrilling.

And a city breeds people like that all the time. No, I'd rather be in a town like this, or traveling. I don't ever want to live in a real city again. She hands the coin off to Alandrian.


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Ali stares at the girl, eyes wide before dropping to the ground lightly and jostling her slightly as he laughs. "You little sneak. You are damn talented, I'll give you that. Nah. Lets go spend that coin on some hot chocolate, whattya say?" He grinned, taking the coin and flipping it up in to the air , before catching it.

"I'll teach you to try harness the ability to summon animals, if you teach me how to have hands that quick!" He grinned, pushing her along in front of him, heading to a stall where they could get a hot drink.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Hey now, Helgarr had a fair chance, but the dice taketh this time =P

The Shoanti man named Garrigan laughed heartily at his victory, then turned to Helgarr as if he was about to say something. When he saw naught but her turned back, his smile dwindled slightly. I'll leave it up to you if you want Helgarr to notice or not.

However, upon hearing the young Mar'a introduce herself in the Shoanti language, a river of emotion seems to sweep the hardy man.

Shoanti:

"Be welcome, my cousin, for you are among family here. I am Garrigan Viskalai, my father was born of the Shriikirri-Quah. I apologize for not meeting you before... please, come visit my family at the White Deer some time soon and bring your friend as well. There is much I would like to discuss with you."

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

I'm not sure I really want to learn, I was just excited, but I'll teach you. She cinches her coin purse to her belt. First lesson. Try to steal from me. In the meantime, show me where to get cocoa.


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Ali laughed and pointed towards a stall set out at the edge of the green area. "I will, just not when you expect it. So you traveled all this way huh? Sandpoint is a beautiful little town, I can't blame you." He nodded, smiling faintly. "Have you met Ameiko yet? She is lovely, you will like her. The Sheriff is nice too. Where have you been staying? I'm not trying to check up on you or anything, I could just offer a few bits of advice about where is the best spot to move to. Like the stables at the Rusty Dragon. If you talk to Ameiko she will probably let you sleep in the loft, for help around the inn!" He smiled, trying a different route from Azeri.

"I live in a Caravan at the edge of the town. It is nice. You should visit some time. I'll show you all the magic I've learned and Azeri might take us hunting!"

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Azeri offered to let me stay with you guys, but I'd prefer to find my own place. Besides, it's still nice out, and I know how to find a safe place to sleep.


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

"He did? Oh okay. Cool. Well yeah if you need to any time you are more than welcome." He grinned. "Yeah I know what you mean, it isn't right unless you have your own place. It just feels off, right?" He nodded, as he stepped up to the table and ordered two hot coco, paying the woman for the drinks.

"Well you know where I live anyway if you wanna hang out at any point. I cut wood in the forest near the Caravan from about dawn till midday, but then I am usually around town working, till about late afternoon."

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

How'd you get a caravan anyways?


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

He paused, leaning against the table and looking at her, frowning slightly. "Well... My parents died when I was a baby and my mothers aunt, who used to be a travelling Harrow reader, took me in. She had the Caravan from her earlier days, when she used to move around. Well... she took me in and raised me, till I was six or seven, I can't really remember. She... she got sick then and I was the last of her family so... I got the caravan. Been living there ever since."

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

I'm sorry. But, does that mean you know how to harrow?


M'ara Human Witch 1 AC:17/17/14 HP:3/7 F:+1 R: +3 W: +2 Init: +3 Perception: +0

Mar'a appraises Garrigan after he speaks, then nods her acceptance with a smile.

She watches him leave and comments to Helgarr,

Shoanti:

"Been her almost a year and that's the first words I've had with him. A private man, must be something important."


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Secret Squirrel Stuff!:

Ameiko's Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Ali's Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Azeri's Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

"This little urchin works too hard, if you ask me!" says Ameiko as she ruffles Ali's hair, smiling ear to ear. She looks over Ali and gives him a hug "Heya, seems you haven't gotten into too much trouble... yet. So who's this? Your girlfriend?" she gives Ali a teasing wink and waits for him to introduce Maria.

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Maria scowls and looks up at the taller than her boy. Hell no! This runt has a lot to learn before he's worthy enough to be my boyfriend.


Current Status:
HP 55/63; DR: 4/8; Initiative +2; AC/Touch/FF 21/12/20; Fort/Ref/Will 9/4/6 (+4 morale bonus vs. spells, supernatural abilities, and spell-like abilities while raging; +2 resistance vs. evil) ; CMD 24; Perception +8
|| Raging (controlled): 9/12
M'ara wrote:

Mar'a laughs at her own attempt, handing off the mace to the next in line and moving to a safe place to watch.

She claps loudly as Helgarr acquits herself well, calling out

** spoiler omitted **

Helgarr heard the familiar sounds of her native tongue, and whirled around to look at M'ara with a nod.

Shoanti:

"The blood of The People flows in our veins!" - she retorted.

M'ara wrote:

She then watched as Garridan came forth, as always eyeing the handsome man , but sighing inwardly as the man was married.

She claps loudly as he wins outright, but refrains from calling out , muttering instead to Helgarr , "None of us really had a chance of winning, you know.". Smiling, she introduces herself formally,

** spoiler omitted **

Shoanti:

"Well met M'ara of the Shriikirri-Quah" - she greets - "I am Helgarr, of the Shundar-Quah"

She quickly realizes Cleo and Azerienzal are right there close to them, and for a question of respect, briefly translates the exchange - "Apologies as you probably do not understand the Shoanti dialect - we were merely introducing ourselves. This is M'ara"

DM TreasureFox wrote:
The Shoanti man named Garrigan laughed heartily at his victory, then turned to Helgarr as if he was about to say something. When he saw naught but her turned back, his smile dwindled slightly. I'll leave it up to you if you want Helgarr to notice or not.

Helgarr does notice the man's reaction, and feels a pang of guilt regarding her own behaviour, speaking before he has the chance to - "Congratulations. Your arm is as strong as the plain's oxen Master Garrigan. Apologies for not having congratulated you before. Pride took the best of me, I wanted to win" - she bows shortly to the man - "No disrespect was intended"


Current Status:
HP 55/63; DR: 4/8; Initiative +2; AC/Touch/FF 21/12/20; Fort/Ref/Will 9/4/6 (+4 morale bonus vs. spells, supernatural abilities, and spell-like abilities while raging; +2 resistance vs. evil) ; CMD 24; Perception +8
|| Raging (controlled): 9/12
M'ara wrote:

Mar'a appraises Garrigan after he speaks, then nods her acceptance with a smile.

She watches him leave and comments to Helgarr,

** spoiler omitted **

"I will gladly accompany you" - Helgarr adds, now in the common tongue.


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Ali shrugs and smiles, "I do have a bit of a talent with the cards but I am not fully trained in them no!"

When Ameiko pops out of nowhere Ali laughs, giving her a hug back. "You know me, always keeping my nose clean!" He grinned before shaking his head and taking a step back. "This is Maria. She is new in town. Came down for the festival. My girlfriend? Nah... I'm stuck between one of the twins for that I think." He glance around, searching for the two girls he had flirted with earlier. "Well... Not for a girlfriend but a casual flirt is always fun. What about you...? Shouldn't you be married by now? You aren't getting any younger!"

When Maria called him a runt he laughed and shrugged. "Guilty!"

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Knowing how to harrow would be an excellent addition to my repetoire. You can teach me that instead.


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Ali laughs before nodding. "We can pick up some Harrow decks as soon as we can and I'll try to teach you the meaning yeah!"


M'ara Human Witch 1 AC:17/17/14 HP:3/7 F:+1 R: +3 W: +2 Init: +3 Perception: +0

Mar'a smiles at Helgarr, "Good, perhaps we'll go visit him after the festivities."

Turnign she sees her frien Ameiko sneak up and surprise Alandrain and Maria, and catches Maria's last comment.

"If it's harrowing you wish to learn, I can teach you what I know." she says, leaning over to look the girl in the eye.

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Great. Do you know where I can buy a deck? She says to the two of them.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Ameiko's laughing very hard between Maria's comments (without a moment's hesitation), and Ali's banter. At the mention of marriage, Ameiko's a little shocked. "Why you little! Don't you know how to respect your elders??" she laughs it off and addresses Maria.

"Oh if you want to learn about harrow cards, you should visit Madame Mvashti's house, she's our town seer. Or if you'd like to work with palm readings, you could visit my good friend Mar'a, she's just over there. Anyways, welcome to Sandpoint! There are a lot of really wonderful people here (Sczarni and Scarnetti notwithstanding)"

EDIT: You guys are too fast for me! XD


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

"I am respecting my elders, by wanting them not to become old, unhappy, spinsters!" Ali grinned cheekily and winked.

"See, Ameiko knows pretty much everything that goes on around town. She is kinda awesome!"

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Awesome.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Cleo's just happy to listening to you all. Waving off Helgarr's apology, the different language is enchanting. The variances in all of them. Even if they all freaking giants. She winced a bit at Ali being called a runt.

Ameiko... she'd heard that name before, "Oh, excuse me. You own an inn, don't you? I don't suppose you have any open rooms left?" putting on her most hopeful smile.


M'ara Human Witch 1 AC:17/17/14 HP:3/7 F:+1 R: +3 W: +2 Init: +3 Perception: +0

"If she doesn't , I have a couple rooms free in my home. You are all welcome to them." Mar'a offers, crossing the group to give Ameiko a hug, "Sorry, if I'm taking paying customers away."


Male Eidolon (Agathion) Eidolon / Level 1 / HP [25/25] / AC 17 [21] / T 13 / FF 12 / Fort +4 / Ref +1 / Will +2 / Initiative +1 / Perception +4

Azeri grins and pats Ali on the shoulder, stepping up beside the boy before winking at Maria. "You two not causing trouble right?" He waves at Ameiko as he speaks to the younger members of the group.

He turned and, spotting Cleo, bows. "Greetings m'Lady. And you are?"

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

I'd prefer to pay my way, or make a hut of my own. She turns to Azeri. Nope


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

"Me and Azeri could help you build your hut if you like Maria. We go choppin wood almost every day! You could come with us, help us collect the wood then we could help you build a hut."


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Ameiko returns the hug with a smile "Hey no worries! You can pay me back later" She teases.

"We're swamped as it is for the festival. The Corwin family is hard at work in the kitchen right now, and I have an unseen servant active as well. I just wanted to be part of the scavenger hunt before racing back haha!"

Then she turns back to Cleo
"Well seems like you've found a good friend, or at least I think so. If you decide to come see the Rusty Dragon though, we still have a nice Hin-sized room available."

I'm using the word Hin to refer to halflings as what they would call themselves. It's meant to be a non-racist name, which is rarely used (or known) by non-Hin.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Oh, my... actually being face to face... well face to shin more likely... made her gasp for a second my mother would swat me for my manners. she holds out her hand Cleo Gingerberry, it is amazing to meet you


Male Eidolon (Agathion) Eidolon / Level 1 / HP [25/25] / AC 17 [21] / T 13 / FF 12 / Fort +4 / Ref +1 / Will +2 / Initiative +1 / Perception +4

Azeri takes Cleos hand and shakes it with a smile. "It is amazing to meet you too Miss Gingerberry. I am called Azerienzal but you may call me Azeri!"


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

She smiles big at Ameiko, she didn't even know others knew that name. and thanks for letting me know cause I didn't either . "I'd be honored. Thank you. But my purse would be better served with the kindness of M'ara. I'd be happy to help with any chores you have."


M'ara Human Witch 1 AC:17/17/14 HP:3/7 F:+1 R: +3 W: +2 Init: +3 Perception: +0

Unperturbed by Maria's independence, Mar'a emphasizes, "Well, the offer still stands, for you all."

She crouches down then, eye level with Cleo, "And good day to you, welcome to Sandpoint! I am Mar'a." Mar'a says, eyes twinkling with good humor.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Cleo she offers her hand in greeting, and a warm smile for the kindness. the big races aren't nearly as bad as mother says then turns bright red as she realizes she said that aloud.

said big meant bad


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Another big smile appears on Ameiko's face "Oh! That's so kind of you, but I already have a whole family of Hin employed to help at the inn, and they do an amazing job. Their grandmother, Berthana, is like a mother to me."

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

That sounds doable or we could make a covered wagon or something


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Ali nods before crouching down on one knee before Maria and grabbing a stick which lay near by. He pulled his knife from his belt and sharpened the point in to a blade like end, before beginning to draw in the dirt. "Yeah! Even better. We could like buy a wagon to start and build up from there. Then you could travel wherever you wanted!"

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Yeah! Wait. I'm not sure I can afford a wagon. How much does a wagon cost?


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

"Uhm..." Ali frowns, thinking about it as he doodles a design in the bottom of the drawing of the Wagon he made. "I am not too sure. We can look around. Probably a lot though, like more than a hundred gold or something. Then you would need to buy horses to move it but that could be done later. Yeah."


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Wagons are 50gp, and a horse is 75gp. Ehhh win the drinking contest... as children... riiight

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

We have to be very careful if we do. It has to look nice so I can work out of it.


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Or as a large extraplanar bear who gets a +4 on Fort saves Versus poisoning! ;)

Ali nods, frowning slightly and chewing his lip. "Well we could paint the wagon a really cool color then decorate the tarp covering too, maybe get someone to pain it in traditional Varisian designs. We could get you a sign too 'Harrowing, Juggling and Tumbling, the Amazing Maria does it all!', or something like that. That way when you do travel you can put out the sign to get peoples attention!"


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

"I'd love to meet them.turning to the other woman M'ara if you'd have me, I'd help with whatever you'd need. Being the only daughter amidst a herd of brothers, I've learned to help out with the cleaning quite early.

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Alright we have a plan! I can already tell this wagon is gonna be a major downtime activity for these kids.


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Totally. Haha Everyone needs hobbies. Building a travelling entertainers house seems like a good one. All we need do is finish it by the end of the AP then we are ready for Jade Regent. :P Hahaha

Ali nods, standing up and stabbing the stick in to the ground, returning the knife to his belt. "Yup. And a good plan it is too. First step is the wagon. Maybe if Azeri wins the drinking contest tonight we can go look for one tomorrow!" Ali grins, taking a drink of his hot coco.

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Okay! And we can be partners! Maria takes asip of the hot chocolate and winces. Depending on downtime I'm thinking 3 or 4 levels


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Ali spits in his hand and holds it out towards Maria. "Deal. Lets shake!"

Sounds good. By that point I'll actually have paid for the Caravan so it is less of a fluff piece and more of a reality. Haha

151 to 200 of 7,488 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.