Treasurefox's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master TreasureFox

Fireday, the 29th of Lamashan, 4711AR

Magnimar

Homebrew Rules
The Story So Far
Loot List


301 to 350 of 7,547 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

"Sorry there, miss." Ven says politely

"I have a few simple weapons here if need be, but best place to buy would be Savah's Armory. That or if you want something made, then go to the smithy. Take word from me, don't let her sell you a longbow for more than 65 gold pieces. If she refuses, tell her I sent you."

He crosses his arms and gives a gruff grin.

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

The 12 year old smiles at him. I think the longbow would be a bit too big for me. I'm looking more at a shortbow.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

"Oh right, of course. Hmm 25 gold pieces then."

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Maria gives a wolfish grin. I think I can do better than that, but thanks. You know where that is Ali?


M Human Ranger 7 HP 52/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Furnok nods to the barkeep and moseys off to find the sheriff. He has to tell them about their cheating and maybe even how they stole something from the mayor!


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Cleo had a blast, congratulates the kids and their friend bear, and thanks M'ara and Hannah for letting her be part of the team. Insisting they keep the spoils.

She'll not take part in the tug of war, being on the wee side and not wanting to get stepped on. So she'll wander into the cathedral again, sitting down in a pew and just enjoy the feeling of it.


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Ali bows his head to the man, before smiling. "Thank you Mister Vinder. We will go check out Savah's now!"

Ali turned to Maria and nodded, before leading her outside and pointing down the way they needed to go. "Yup. We can go right there, hopefully they are open but they might not be. We will see!" He grinned before pulling the runestone from his pocket, bouncing it up and down on his palm in thought.

"I would like to travel outside Sandpoint some day. I do like it here though. It is peaceful, well... Now anyway!"

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Maria follows after him.What do you mean now?


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

"A couple years back, I was only like ten at the time, there was a huge fire, well that is how I remember it. I didn't find out until a few years later that, at the same time there was a string of murders that happened in the village too. I never found out what happened really, the adults never talk about it you know? But yeah... It is just good to have everything back to normal, the new Cathedral built and opened and everything settling down. I might not have known what was going on, but I could see how scared and depressed people were and it is good to see a new light in their eyes!"

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Wow this place is more dangerous than I thought it would be, who do you worship?


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Ali smiled and pulled the multi-coloured songbird symbol out of the neck of his shirt, holding it out by its leather tie. "The Eternal Rose, Shelyn. I have since I was a young boy. This symbol belonged to my father, he was a musician." He smiled, giving the symbol a quick kiss before making a sign of peace over his chest and slipping the symbol back in to the neck of his shirt and out of sight once again.

"What about you?"

It wasn't until I had built Ali and Azeri that I realized how perfect my choice of deity had been for the character. The idea that his father was a musician was always the tie, but after I looked Shelyn up again, just to find out what names she was referred to as, I noticed that one of her Subdomains is the Agathion subdomain, the exact type of Eidolon Azeri is built off of. Lucky coincidence!

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Maria doesn't answer for a minute. I don't. I've always had to do everything myself. Gods, aren't part of my life. And the ones who would want me, I don't want anything to do with. Maria grimaces as she thinks back to the fire..


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Ali nods before shrugging. "You'll be surprised when inspiration and faith might strike you. I wasn't particularly religious till a couple years ago, and I can't really point to any one thing that made me change, I just thought... hey, it can't hurt. I mean there is no question that the Gods exist, so maybe saying a quick thank you to them, when we come across their area of influence in a positive way, such as a beautiful piece of music that makes you smile, or a breathtaking sunrise, or a calm sea and a good catch, maybe they will look down on us in favor, at an important time. They might, they might not, but it doesn't hurt me to believe and I don't hurt others by practicing."

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Maria cracks a wry grin.Well not Shelyn you don't but some gods are all about the blood.


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Ali laughed and nodded, "True, Gorum and Calistria being but two. But sometimes blood isn't a bad thing. Sometimes it is even necessary, right?" He nodded to himself before shrugging again. "You just have to find the right aspect of the right god, that suits you. Shelyn isn't a bad fit actually. The Eternal Rose looks favorably on all performers, big and small!" He grinned, giving her a playful nudge.

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Maria smiles. Maybe but I look to my skills not gods.


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

"Me too. I like just having a spiritual connection to fall back on, if I need a moment of mental support. But, it isn't for everyone, so I understand!"

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

She smiles at you again as the two of you step up to Savah's. Hello? Anybody here?


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Excellent roleplay, you two. Extra props for talking about the history of Sandpoint without knowing too much about it. Very good job indeed.

Once again, the door is open. A common sign in Varisian culture Savah has a number of people in her shop, most of them are travelers. Upon noticing you three, she waves and eventually gets the time to help you out. During that time, you see all sorts of weapons on the walls and armors on display. One item that has been put on display is an intricate repeating crossbow with a darkwood and ivory stock. It bears the name Vansaya on it.

"Hello you three! Sorry for the wait, what can I do for you?" asks Savah with a smile.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Furnok mosies back to the garrison to talk to this Hemlock fellow. As it turns out, Hemlock is the man who just released Furnok from the jail. He looks up from some paperwork and with a quizzical look asks "Did you forget something?"

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Oh well, see, I got this arrow from the scavenger hunt but I don't have a bow. I wanted to see how much one cost. She says as she pulls out the goblin bane arrow.


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Alandrian fades out of the conversation and gravitates over towards the repeating crossbow, staring up at it hungrily. "Vansaya? By the gods... It is beautiful. I must have it, it WILL be mine!"

Meanwhile, Ali floats around near the back of the shop, admiring a collection of polearms near the door, his eyes instantly falling on to a likely looking Glaive, hanging on the wall. He smiles as he reached out to run a hand down along the polished haft, grinning, feeling a faint pulse of energy surge in his hand. Something about it just felt right.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

She looks over the arrow and smile "Oh I know who made this, it's a very good arrow. I actually have an exquisite bow he made, but you'll probably want something a little more feasible. Are you thinking about a longbow or a shortbow?"

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

A shortbow definitely. A longbow's too big for me. But uh, how exquisite?


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

She motions over to a particular bow hanging on the wall. Even on untrained eyes, this bow looks like it was made for efficient killing, not for looks or style.

"This here is a composite longbow that Daverin made. As you may or may not know, Daverin used to be an efficient goblin hunter, who now owns the goblin squash stables. This bow is made for hunting goblins while on foot, but the way it is built will let you ride a horse as well. It's a powerful weapon, and I'm asking 65 platinum for it."

"That being said, I'd probably recommend something a little more beginner friendly for you, starter shortbows start at 33 gold, but for you three I'm willing to wiggle on that price."

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Do you make your bows or buy them mostly?


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

"Any wiggle on this sweet ass murder piece...?" Ali whispers to himself before laughing softly and shaking his head.

'Hey Azeri, if you win this drinking contest, think we could buy this Crossbow? Look at it, it has a name and it is repeating and it is made out of a sweet dark wood. It is the coolest thing in the whole world! After pie. And girls. Wait... No. Before girls. But definitely after pie. Well apple pie at least. Rhubarb SUCKS!'

Azeri refrains from answering but Ali feels a strong sense of annoyance and amusement from the Eidolon.

'Sorry...'


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Ali, I'm assuming that conversation was in your telepathy?

"I make some of the starter and intermediate pieces, but try as I might I can't be a shopkeeper, warrior, and master craftsman. So for the most part I buy good weapons when I come across them. Sometimes they are weapons that adventurers come across on their travels, or have been made by skilled craftsmen."


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Oh yeah, sorry. I have been using Bold/Italics bookended by apostrophes, for Telepathy. I can change to something more distinctive if you like?

Ali moves back over to listen to Savah as she speaks, before gesturing towards the crossbow. "That piece has to be a found piece, right? Looking at it... You can almost feel that it is steeped in adventure and blood. It is beautiful, a work of art!"

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Well let's start the wiggling with this Maria says as she pretends to appraise the bow. You started off trying to gouge us. This bow isn't worth more than 25 gold measures, so you're already trying to gouge me. I don't know about you but if somebody tries to gouge me I'm not likely to do business with them in the future and I'm a little offended that you tried it.


M Human Ranger 7 HP 52/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Oh hey! Yea, I overheard some fella talking about cheating at the drinking contest and how one of them had tis special drink he gave the other. The guy who got the drink said something about stealing something from the mayor to pay for it. Furnok describes the two men. So I reckoned I better tell you about it.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

"Hmmm..." says Savah, her brow deeply furrowed.

An awkward silence persists...


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Hemlock's straight face crooks slightly into a smile. "Well well, I was wondering what had come of that conman. Alright, Furnok, come with me. If this all works out, you might find yourself in the mayor's good graces, and mine of course."

He then gets up, straps his sword to his hip, fixes his sheriff badge, and heads towards the hagfish. He's whistling a tune on the way there.

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Now, that bow took about 12 or 13 gold to make. I'll buy it at 12, and you'll have a loyal customer because I'm going to need to get better ones later, and I'll always be in need of arrows. Which means more profit for you. Or I can learn how to make them myself, but if I go to the trouble of doing that, I'll have to start making them in bulk and selling them at cheaper prices to your competition, and I am vindictive enough to pour my heart and soul into doing that. So, the question is, do you want a loyal customer, or a vindictive competitor, it's your choice. I'd much rather be friends though, and I can be a very good friend, not many 12 year olds could make their way here from Absalom alone. Maria smiles at him in as sweet a way as she can.


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

"Ha ha ha ha ha! Oh Maria you little kidder... She just likes to joke Savah, you know how kids are. And she is new in town, so she doesn't know anyone and jeez you look pretty today. Hah! Doesn't she Azeri?"

'Help!'

"Today? Kid you know nothing about women. Savah looks gorgeous every day!" Azeri grins, moving up beside Alandrian, allowing the boy to pull Maria back a step. He begins gesturing at her, trying to impart a secret message.

ooc]Bluff-[/Ooc]1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Message:
"B$&#@ BE COOL!"

Coughing, Ali stepped forward again. "We meant no offense Sava, honest. We are just here to buy some weapons and now to hear about that beautiful crossbow. Really. No offense at all!"

FORGET THIS POST. Maria posted before me and has it handled. Will edit this when I get to a laptop


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Savah eyes you and Ali back and forth, her brain is clearly cranking gears in order to come up with a good choice. In the end she sighs deeply.

"Maria, right? I may charge a bit over double for what I've paid initially from my suppliers, but do you really have to threaten me for a better price? To become a vindictive competitor over not getting a bow for the same price as what I paid for? I'm just, disappointed. Look, I'm willing to go down in price, but I still need to pay for the shop, my employees, and my own time. Is there a way we can work this out?"

haha nice post Ali


M Human Ranger 7 HP 52/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Furnok follows the sheriff, rather tense at the possibility of a fight.

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

You're disappointed? You're trying to gouge a kid for over twice what you paid for it. I'll pay 10 measures now, and 10 later if I can take it now and you throw in a quiver of arrows. Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Just before reaching the Hagfish, Sheriff Hemlock addresses Furnok in a gruff voice. "Alright, Furnok. You seem like a good, strong lad, so I'm going to ask that you help me out on this one. If you do, I'm sure the mayor can give you some gold in thanks. The man you saw goes by the name of Tabe. He's banned from entering Sandpoint, but he still sneaks in to make a deal, then rushes out as soon as I come for him. All I need you to do is to distract him long enough that I can close the distance. He's paranoid of the guard, so he's always looking out for our uniform. Think you can handle it?"


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Savah sighs again. Clearly defeated, she takes the bow and a quiver of arrows and gives the two to Maria.

Grand Lodge

Human HP 33/33 Init +3 AC18(+2)/CMD17/FF15/TA14 Saves:F3/R8/W2 Maria's Sheet

Maria hands over 12 gold instead. Thanks. And don't forget, it's eight now. Maria walks past Ali slamming into him rudely so that Savah thinks them coming together was simply a coincidence. Sorry. She whispers. bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 She quickly walks out the door and down the street out of sight.


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Ali walks to the door, and watches the young girl leave, watching till she is out of sight.

Perception-1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Ali steps in then, after Maria had left, smiling at Savah and bowing deeply. "Mistress your kindness knows no bounds, really. You honor us and our sweet little town, to be so kind to a young girl, alone, so far from home. You may rest assured that I will work ceaselessly to pay you back for this, and to buy that b$%+%ing crossbow, from this day forth. May you know prosperity and may the Eternal Rose smile upon you and yours!"

Can I take that b%+!%ing 23 on Diplomacy from before? Though it disappeared off of my post when I edited it...


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Savah puts her hand over her face and lets out one last heavy sigh. She then laughs slightly and says "By the scale, Absalom must be a rough place to trade... I'm going to need a drink after that. Thanks for the kind words, Ali. Though you don't need to recite the holy texts to do that!" and she laughs deeply, while plopping onto a chair to relax.

"Okay, so is there anything I can get you, Ali?"


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

His eyes slide to the crossbow and back to her, before repeating the act, and a third time. He finally blurts out, "How much will I need to buy that super awesome crossbow and is it hard to use and where did you get it and why does it have a name and I wanna buy a Glaive too, the one near the door that Azeri was looking at and how much is that but that is all secondary to the fact that I WANT THAT AWESOME REPEATING NAMED DARKWOOD CROSSBOW!!!!" he pants softly before straightening and coughing.

"Sorry... I meant to say please. So... Please!" He smiled shyly.

"Don't hurt yourself kid..."

Hahaha Poor Ali. Keeping it all bottled up inside.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Congrats, you broke Savah

Savah nearly dies from laughter (that's possible, right?). As she wipes her eyes, she says "Sorry Ali, dear. That crossbow's got a mighty high tag on it. Reason why it's been in my shop for so long. The glaive I might be able to help you with though. Although I'm guessing you'd like something really well made, to suit Shelyn of course."


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Ali sighs forlornly but nods all the same. "I figured it did. Mind if I hold it for a minute, just to give it a look over?"

"Oh... Well I hadn't thought of that." He frowned deep in thought for a moment before nodding. "People think of Torag when they think of artistry with metal and weaponry, but Shelyn would not really settle for any plain old Glaive would she?" He smiled, shaking his head.

"If you have an exquisite Glaive I would love to buy it, but sadly my pockets are light. I will come back for it some other time, of that you can be sure. For now, I think a normal Glaive could suit. I could take it, wax the wood till it shone, polish the blade till it sparkled and buy some ribbons to attach to the haft, to add that devout air to it!"


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Savah smiled and left to find a glaive for Ali. When she returned, she said "Will 7 gold be alright? Since we've known each other for awhile."

I didn't forget about your campaign trait!


M Human Ranger 7 HP 52/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Furnok nods. I'lkk give it a try. Furnok strides into the Hagfish and looks around. Spotting the game case, something that held packs of cards and dice, he snagged a deck and some dice and changed his last gold coin into 10 silver at the bar. He then casually moseyed over to the table with the conman. Well hey there, I was wondering if you would be interested in some cards, I washed out of the scavenger hunt and am now am rather bored before the drinking contest starts. So would you be interested in a few rounds for silver?


Male Human Unchained Summoner / Level 3 / HP [30/11] / AC 16 / T 13 / FF 13 / Fort +2 / Ref +3 / Will +4 / Initiative +2 / Perception +1

Ali smiled and counted seven gold pieces out on to the tabletop before handing them to Savah with a smile and a bow. "Thank you Savah. I appreciate it. Are you coming back to the Festival? It would be sad without you. Everyone should be there, enjoying the good weather and the good spirit." He smiled, taking the Glaive and handing it to Azeri, who leaned against it casually, smiling and watching the boy and woman interact.

Huh... I thought Azeri needed an evolution to use a weapon, but not any more it seems. Interesting


Current Status:
HP 55/63; DR: 4/8; Initiative +2; AC/Touch/FF 21/12/20; Fort/Ref/Will 9/4/6 (+4 morale bonus vs. spells, supernatural abilities, and spell-like abilities while raging; +2 resistance vs. evil) ; CMD 24; Perception +8
|| Raging (controlled): 9/12
DM TreasureFox wrote:

After a grueling race across the town, all the participants eventually make it back to the cathedral. Standing in the center of attention are Ali, Azeri, and Maria, the three of them completing the entire scavenger list.

"Let's here it for these clever folks! Congratulations!!" yells the town crier.

The barbarian silently congratulates all the participants with a nod, then turning to the team she had followed along, Mar'a, Cleo and Hannah - "Well done - you are very resourceful"

Cleo Gingerberry wrote:

Cleo had a blast, congratulates the kids and their friend bear, and thanks M'ara and Hannah for letting her be part of the team. Insisting they keep the spoils.

She'll not take part in the tug of war, being on the wee side and not wanting to get stepped on. So she'll wander into the cathedral again, sitting down in a pew and just enjoy the feeling of it.

"Will you not even stay to watch?" - Helgarr questions the halfling with a smile, as she moves to the tug of war competition.

301 to 350 of 7,547 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.