Treasurefox's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master TreasureFox

Starday, the 30th of Lamashan, 4711AR

Magnimar

Homebrew Rules
The Story So Far
Loot List


7,151 to 7,200 of 7,748 << first < prev | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | next > last >>

Human Witch (Cartomancer) 7 AC:12/12/10(+4) HP:48/48 F:+5 R:+5 W:+8 Init: +6 Perception: +7

Brelin leaves the house after her friends

Once outside she puts an hand on Cleo's shoulder with a smile

You look as if a heavy weight has been lifted from your shoulders. Well done, my friend.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Hope you don't mind if I'm a little inventive to keep things moving quickly. We will slow down again soon enough.

Though no damage can be seen within the caves, everyone can hear the house groan over and over again, as the wind whips its battered and decrepit form with each gust. Wilhim cuts the rope, which frees the well cover from the tension, but the next problem is how to get up there. With quick thinking and questionable physics, the group decide to form a Furnok, Wilhim, Wabbit ladder with Cleo's job to raise the well cover out. Aggah scampers up the 'ladder' with some rope, which lets everyone climb out (Bacon is in a sack).

I should also mention, Cleo, that the benefits provided by Urgathoa have been revoked.

As the last person climbs out of the well, they see the old, 3-story mansion finally collapse. A cloud of dust covers the ruins, and the sound of glass breaking is oddly loud.

Then, everyone hears the shriek of a woman. This shriek is blood-curdling, extremely painful, and filled with unbridled rage. "ALDERN FOXGLOVE!!!" Iesha howls at superhuman decibels. One can only hope that somehow, somewhere, Aldern can hear the voice of his wife, strangled by his own hands.

Yet before the group gets a chance to do anything regarding Iesha, they realized that they are being watched. Watched by dozens, possibly hundreds of eyes. In the surrounding trees, perched on ruined buildings, and circling overhead are countless crows. The closest of them reveal their true nature. Rotting, hole ridden, red-eyed undead crows.

Wilhim gets to go first, then the crows. I'll have a map up later today.

Religion DC11:

Undead crows are called a Carrion Storm. They are swarms of tiny size, and are terrifying in large numbers. They are able to fly swiftly, catching up with all but the fastest horses. They also are especially vulnerable to channeled energy.

Initiative:

Cleo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Wilhim: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Wabbit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Brelin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Furnok: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Carrionstorm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


hp 39/43 AC 17

I F*@#ING HATE THIS PLACE! Wilhim throws together a standard bomb and tosses it at the carrion swarm.

RTA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

DAM: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 6, 6) + 4 = 22


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Yep, deleted her taint of undeath from the character sheet!!!

"They will swarm, horrible and fast enough we can't run from them... not that we could since we are surrounded."

She should be at 3 remaining channels I think.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Wilhim hits dead center with the bomb, which explodes and does terrible, terrible damage. The enter swarm is completely eradicated. That's one down, and at least seven more to go.

A swarm comes in upon Wabbit, who lashes out before they close. His waveblade does very little damage against a horde of undead crows, but Furnok also attacks with his hammer and drives through an insane amount of crows. It's enough damage that the swarm itself disperses.

Another swarm comes for Furnok, who lashes out a second time and completely annihilates the entire swarm with a single blow. Only a couple crows manage to disperse.

The next swarm comes after Bacon, who manages to strike back with a gore attack, but doesn't manage to disperse the swarm. Fortunately, very few of the crows peck through the boar's tough hide.
Bacon takes 1dmg and is distracted.

Brelin gets attacked by a swarm. She reaches for her dagger and slashes around in a frenzy, but it does almost nothing.
Brelin takes 1dmg and is distracted.

In typical Aggah fashion, she tries to bite the carrion storm swarming around her. She snatches a crow out of the air and crushes it between her teeth. One can only expect how it tastes. She's completely swarmed by these crows, who peck at her skin, her ears, her eyes.
Aggah takes 5dmg and is distracted.

Cleo takes the next one, and tries to protect herself with her dagger which does almost nothing. She gets pecked quite badly as well.
Cleo takes 4dmg and is distracted.

Another swarm comes for Furnok. The attack is pretty minor, but still obnoxious. Furnok takes 1dmg and is distracted.

Everyone's turn. Wilhim goes last out of everyone.

Dice Rolls:

Wabbit AoO: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Furnok AoO: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Dmg: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Furnok AoO: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Dmg: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Furnok AoO confirm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Dmg: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Bacon AoO: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Swarm dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Brelin AoO: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Swarm dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Aggah AoO: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Aggah AoO confirm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Dmg: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4
Swarm dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Cleo AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Swarm Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Swarm Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 1


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Furnok swats around

Bacon Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Bacon powers through and bites at a crow

Gore: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Human Witch (Cartomancer) 7 AC:12/12/10(+4) HP:48/48 F:+5 R:+5 W:+8 Init: +6 Perception: +7

Surrounded by the creatures, Brelin screams, her magic giving strength to the sound
Get oooofffff!!!

Ear piecing scream on the nearest one

damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7

Not sure what distracted is, I'll roll a concentration check just in case

concentration: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Is it this?

distraction:

Distraction (Ex)
A creature with this ability can nauseate the creatures that it damages. Any living creature that takes damage from a creature with the distraction ability is nauseated for 1 round; a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 creature’s HD + creature’s Con modifier) negates the effect.

Format: distraction (DC 14); Location: Special Attacks.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

I learned something. You're right, Cleo. I thought it was actually just this. "Swarms possess the distraction ability. Spellcasting or concentrating on spells within the area of a swarm requires a caster level check (DC 20 + spell level). Using skills that involve patience and concentration requires a DC 20 Will save."
It's actually both!

Everyone succeeds except Furnok

Furnok swats around ineffectively, while Bacon attacks the crows with very minor success. Brelin tries to cast a spell on the crows, but the buffeting of crow wings stops her from completing the spell. I looked into this, and I don't think you lose your spell, just waste your standard action.

Cleo, Wilhim, and Wabbit's turn.

Fort saves vs Nauseated:

Furnok Failed
Bacon Success
Cleo: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 pass
Aggah: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 pass
Brelin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 pass


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

DAMMIT... thought we were done with this place

Wabbit spins about slashing everywhere... Mostly ineffectively

Flurry +5bab +4dex +1size , -2 piranha striking, +1 waveblade -2FD
attack #1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
attack #2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

CRIT CONF attack #1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
CRIT damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (1, 4) + 8 = 13


hp 39/43 AC 17

Wilhim tosses his bomb at the swarm attacking Aggah, aiming it so that it won't hit the goblin.

RTA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

DAM: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1, 5) + 4 = 12


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Trying raise one's holy symbol above and demand the undead lay to rest, is hard when dozens of birds are flapping and pecking and all sorts of horrible things.

channel to hurt undead: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 3) = 6

But she tries.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Cleo's light shines out like a beacon, turning crows to ash as the light touches them. The murders attacking Bacon and Aggah both disperse, while the rest lose a significant number. Wabbit finishes off the swarm in front of him, while Wilhim tosses a whiffed bomb at the swarm around Cleo. It smacks into the ground right at Cleo's feet, which does incinerate the rest of the crows there, but also hurts Cleo, Wilhim, Aggah, and Brelin.
Cleo, Aggah, and Brelin take 7 fire damage. Wilhim takes 3 fire damage.

Some of the dispersed crows come back to reinforce the fight. Furnok manages to swing and lay into both swarms, but not quite enough to dislodge them. Wabbit tries to slash at them, but he ends up accidentally tossing his waveblade over the ruined wall. The swarms attack Wabbit, Wilhim, and Brelin, ripping at their flesh and pecking at their eyes. Wabbit takes 6 damage, Wilhim takes 3 damage, and Brelin takes 4 damage and is nauseated. All 3 are distracted.

Everyone's turn.

Dice Rolls:

Carrion Aggah Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Carrion Cleo Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Carrion Brelin Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Carrion Bacon Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Carrion Furnok Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Fail=9
Success=4
Missed bomb: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Cleo Ref: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Wilhim Ref: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Aggah Ref: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Brelin Ref: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Furnok AoO: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Dmg: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Furnok AoO: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Dmg: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Wabbit AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Dmg: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Swarm Wabbit: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Wabbit Fort: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Swarm Wilhim: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Wilhim Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Swarm Brelin: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Brelin Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

"This is chaos!" the young halfling cries out. Undead birds are every where, turning to ash, exploding in gore, erupting in fire, and yet there are still more.

channel: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 2) = 10 She tries to raise her symbol again and ask for help from Erastil. Aggah continues to treat it all like a buffet.

just mimicked what you had for her biting above
attack with teeth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
damage: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Cleo destroys yet more birds, but it's still not enough!

Will Saves:

Carrion Brelin Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Carrion Wilhim Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Carrion Wabbit Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Success: 3
Failure: 6


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

what the...? Wabbits blade slips from his hand and it goes flying!

He tumbles after the blade (move) and picks it up (move, round over)


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Human Witch (Cartomancer) 7 AC:12/12/10(+4) HP:48/48 F:+5 R:+5 W:+8 Init: +6 Perception: +7

Brelin falls on her knee coughing, futilely trying to disperse the swarm

Too... many...

Can't take any actions, right?


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List
Brelin wrote:

Can't take any actions, right?

You have a move action if you'd like to use it.

Furnok, the nauseated condition only lasts for a round. You're good to whack away.


hp 39/43 AC 17

Wilhim prepares another bomb and tosses it at the swarm, careful to aim so it won't hit anybody.

RTA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Dam: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3, 4) + 4 = 15


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Furnok whacks away at the birds

Lucerne Hammer: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 121d12 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

The splash of Wilhim's bomb finishes off both swarms near him, reducing them to ashes. Furnok goes over to the one attacking Brelin and swings his lucerne hammer in the air, knocking at least a dozen birds out of the sky. The remainder of the swarm disperses, but doesn't look like it will reform. There are no other survivors to pair up with.

Combat over. You stand upon dozens and dozens of burnt, radiated, clubbed undead crow carcasses.


hp 39/43 AC 17

Wilhim breathes heavily. F*%& this. I'm done with this s@&+. I don't care that this place is already destroyed, I'm burning it. Does anybody have some oil?


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

I got torches. I reckon that we need this place to be blessed and doused with holy water.


Human Witch (Cartomancer) 7 AC:12/12/10(+4) HP:48/48 F:+5 R:+5 W:+8 Init: +6 Perception: +7

Brelin slowly recovers from the attack

Burn it down!


hp 39/43 AC 17

Can you find me some dry grass? Wilhim starts looking at the wreckage finding the best places to set on fire. Furnok, get those torches out.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Cleo backs away not arguing but not seeing the point. She'll find a quiet place to sit and rest, she still have lungs full of evil fungus spores so a rest would be nice. Aggah is a buzz of helping starting a HUGE fire.

"We should hurry so we can see if the ship decided to stay longer than it said it would. Otherwise we have a long trip back by foot." she points out.


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

Wabbit is eager to help and always loves a good fire, usually for making smores. But there's NO WAY he'll be cooking any smores in the fires of this evil house. He accompanies Aggah to supervise/join in on whatever mischief she gets into.


hp 39/43 AC 17

Once the fire is going Wilhim looks at it and says aloud. I f!~*ed up. He got away.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

"Who? Foxglove?" Cleo asks from her place of rest.


hp 39/43 AC 17

Yeah. you were certain he was here, but, I made us rest. Helgarr was right. I f#&~ed up in the back when I heard that scream, I f!~!ed up down there when I got us to take a break. I've been doing nothing but f~!&ing up since I met you. Sorry about asking for your friend's magic book by the way. Bad form.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Cleo smiled, sadly but a genuine smile. "We needed to rest Wilhim. You were right. You heard a scream and went immediately to try and save them and continued into a place I am frankly shocked we lived through while Helgarr for her own reasons just left." she paused, still angry about that, but not at Wilhim. She looked over to the gnome "You have nothing to apologize for on either account, but I do accept your apology about Maria. Thank you."

Standing up, brushing herself off, "We'll find him. Don't worry. His hideaway is destroyed, he'll either run or come after us for revenge... or after Furnok for his heroic poses." she pats her satchel where she had stashed the multitude of drawings.

Once everyone is near enough she'll give her last burst of healing energy with a simple prayer of thanks.
channel to heal everyone: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 5) = 15

"Are we ready?"


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Wilhim and Furnok work together to set the mansion ruins on fire without razing the forest, while Wabbit chases Aggah around to prevent her from doing just that. A goblin with a torch is a dangerous thing.
The mansion goes up in a spectacular green flame, and rises up like a beacon that could surely be seen for miles. Every part of the mansion burns, even the stone and glass, and melts into a pool of slag and sinks into the innermost basin of the cave system. It takes over an hour for everything to be finished.

The captain and his ship are nowhere to be seen, so the trek back to Sandpoint will have to be on foot. There is an option to travel along the old swamp trail, which would be a significant shortcut, or one could travel upon the regular lost coast road, which would be safer. By this time, the sun has just peaked over the horizon for the new dawn.

Survival Checks:

Wilhim survival: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Wabbit sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Aggah sleight: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Furnok survival aid: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Let's play it safe and travel the road, since I don't want to have to tangle with any swamp beasts at this point.


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

sounds good to me... I have no desire to go swimming through a swamp


Human Witch (Cartomancer) 7 AC:12/12/10(+4) HP:48/48 F:+5 R:+5 W:+8 Init: +6 Perception: +7

Brelin just nods and follows the group


hp 39/43 AC 17

May this cursed place be forgotten. Wilhim turns away and walks with the others down the path to Sandpoint.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Cleo follows with a quick pace and a lighter mood than she's had in a while.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

When they sleep, Furnok steals those embaressing pictures of him


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

Wabbit pulls out the

letter:
Aldern,
You have served us quite well. The delivery you harvested from the caverns far exceeds what I had hoped for. You may consider your debt to the Brothers paid in full. Yet I still have need of you, and when you awaken from your death, you should find your mind clear and able to understand this task more than in the state you lie in as I write this.
You shall remember the workings of the Sihedron ritual, I trust. You seemed quite lucid at the time, but if you find after your rebirth that you have forgotten, return to your townhouse in Magnimar. My agents shall contact you there soon - no need for you to bother the Brothers further. I will provide the list of proper victims for the Sihedron ritual in two days' time. Commit that list to memory and then destroy it before you begin your work. The ones I have selected must be marked before they die; otherwise they do my master no good and the greed in their souls will go to waste.
If others get in your way, though, you may do with them as you please. Eat them, savage them, or turn them into pawns - it matters not to me.
Finally, forget about the one called Furnok. It has been foreseen that your obsession with him will be your undoing. Focus on the task I have given you, and only that task.
- Xanesha, Mistress of the Seven
and mulls it over...and can think a little more clearly without the threat of impending death upon them

So... What's our next step? Hunting Aldern in Magnimar? Researching who this mistress of the seven is?


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

The party travel back to Sandpoint, with the plan being a short walk along the Foxglove river, then following the Lost Coast Road north to Sandpoint. They choose not to take a 'shortcut' through the Brinestone marsh.

Their trek through the hilly terrain along the river goes smoothly, though an eerie feeling continues to press on them. Most of the trees are either dead or have already lost their leaves, and most sounds of wildlife are absent. One of the trees bears a fairly large hole in the trunk, about 15 feet up. There is a convenient branch next to the hole for one to sit on, and inside the hole is a small bag. The bag contains some notes written in Elven, describing observations of goblins around the Brinestone marsh just north of here. There is also a healer's kit with 3 uses remaining, a general use antivenom, two days of rations, and most interestingly a potion of Remove Disease.

Everything starts looking normal once the group make it onto the road. Travelling north, they find everything still and peaceful. Part of the way, they discover a small shrine to Desna. Those who offer a small prayer gain the effects of a Guidance spell. Applies to first check/roll.

Travelling past Ashen Rise, not far off from where the Sanatorium is, the group discovers a hungry-looking cougar prowling behind them. It is easily scared off, but remains in the distance for a while to stare at the smaller folk in the party.

Not a half hour to Sandpoint, the party discovers a body slumped against a tree. Upon inspection, the man in question has his lower jaw missing entirely. His chest is mutilated with the unfortunately familiar etchings of the Sihedron ritual. His identity is unknown, but those who look over the cliff nearby spot a cart that has smashed into the rocks below. The body is less than a day old, and the group has been travelling for about 5 hours.


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Poor fellow, seems we still have some of those nasties lurking around


Human Witch (Cartomancer) 7 AC:12/12/10(+4) HP:48/48 F:+5 R:+5 W:+8 Init: +6 Perception: +7

Brelin looks around with an uneasy feeling

This whole place still reeks of evil. Something's still not right


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

"It's him" Cleo says softly, feeling the pain of one more death because they were too late. "Keep an eye out of him, this might be a trap."

Cleo will approach slowly, to kneel down and offer a prayer to the fallen man, and then start looking for foorprints or any signs at all to help them.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
heal to look for medical clues: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


hp 39/43 AC 17

Wilhim looks at the body. No. I don't think so. The ideal time to spring a trap would have been outside the mansion, and he did. This, this was opportunity. He's traveling the same path we are, with the same destination I suspect.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Cleo isn't much of a tracker, but she does spot hoofprints, wheel tracks, and the familiar lingering scent of Ghast. There are also multiple patches of blood, the largest of course being around the mutilated man. The top of his head, which still has a large-brimmed hat on it, has been impacted with a devastating blunt object. The force of the attack likely went right through his skull, killing him in an instant. The markings are made with a piercing weapon, possibly a dagger, a rapier, or claws. The jaw was cut off using a serrated slashing tool or weapon.
The man isn't wearing or carrying anything other than his clothes.


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Looks like there was somethin other than eaten in mind. Ghouls would gobble him up, not leave so much meat just lying here


hp 39/43 AC 17

We need to hurry. I suspect it's heading for Sandpoint.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

"I agree, but lets be sure. Furnok, there are hoof prints but no horse. I have never been one for tracking, are the hoof prints headed to Sandpoint?"


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4
Wilhim wrote:
We need to hurry. I suspect it's heading for Sandpoint.

yeah and he's taunting us letting us know he doesn't care if we're on his trail

7,151 to 7,200 of 7,748 << first < prev | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.