Treasurefox's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master TreasureFox

Starday, the 30th of Lamashan, 4711AR

Magnimar

Homebrew Rules
The Story So Far
Loot List


7,001 to 7,050 of 7,782 << first < prev | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | next > last >>

DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

I forgot to add, but a simple Heal check can save Wilhim from several rounds of poison. DC is 16.


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Furnok has no idea since he wasn't paying attention to classes about local lore.No know local. Lolz


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

I think treasure was saying that you could make the check as if you were trained

Cleo's eyes go wide as Wabbit climbs all over the thing and stabs it EVERYWHERE. "WooHoo, Cousin!" she shouts her amazement as she shuffles herself forward to check on Wilhim.

heal vs poison, -4 if I remember correctly due to all her condiions, but +2 from healer's kit: 1d20 + 8 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 - 4 + 2 = 22

Breaking out her kit she checks his wounds and treats his poison. "How are you feeling? Charging that thing was an extra level of brave, even if it didn't work out." she tells the gnome, with a pat and a smile. Let me know if he (or anyone) needs healing!

Then pulling herself up, her entire body wanting nothing other than curl up into a nap ball, but still work to do. She looks around at the bodies

heal, just the -4 here: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 4 = 6

"Too many bodies, too many have died because of the nightmare who lives here." the halfling shakes her head sadly.


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

Wabbit rises from the bat, wipes his blade and searches around for loot while Cleo tends to Wilhim.

Once the looting and healing have been completed....Wabbit asks so, how are we all feeling?

just wondering how everyone is doing health/resource-wise....good to explore further or rest/recover?


hp 39/43 AC 17

Brave my ass. I was just trying to get out of that bottleneck so we could surround it. Wilhim gasps out in pain.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

"Yes, I get that. Which is why I said it was brave. Running wouldn't be brave, but trying to dive under a huge undead bat to give the group an advantage is being brave. Do you need more healing?"

Cleo has plenty of charges in her wand, just tell her if you need it since I'm not sure what is correct on the status bars.


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Almost dead on my feet. We're running on our last drops of blood so resting is something we better do.


hp 39/43 AC 17

Yeah, yeah I could use some help. I'm down to a single healing formula if that, as for resting, with all the undead around here, I don't think that would be a safe course of action. And i've still got a bunch of bombs to use against this thing.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Cleo boosts Wilhim's immune system enough that he can deal with the rest of the poison. He's still sluggish however. In addition, Cleo also identifies that Wilhim has ghoul fever in development. It hasn't become a problem yet, but could by tomorrow.

Cleo then taps Wabbit, Wilhim, and Furnok to help them continue on. Furnok's great strength has subsided, but he does still possess that barkskin spell.
Furnok should no longer be staggered. That would have been during the ghoul fight in Sandpoint, and you guys rested up after that. Everything should now be up to date.

And Cleo's right. I meant to say that Furnok's backstory allows him to be trained in K.Local for this one check.


hp 39/43 AC 17

Wilhim stands up breathing heavily. [b]Okay, enough of this s&%~.[b]He takes three vials and drinks them one after another.

CLWX2: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (5, 6) + 10 = 21
As far as I can tell I did not use my healing. My other extract is barkskin for a plus two to my ac for the next fifty minutes.


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

CLeo's the most messed up right now and she's voting to continue. Wabbit the energizer bunny is GOOD TO GO

Hey Wilhim good thing the bat didn't like the taste of gnome eh?

Furnok you're not looking as pretty as you normally do, but do you think you can smash some more things with that hammer if needed?

IF the group has decided to continue Wabbit will lead them through the caverns to B33


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

If they disturb my beauty sleep


hp 39/43 AC 17

Wilhim narrows his eyes at Wabbit's joke. In my opinion he quite enjoyed my superior taste. He'd have probably spit you out. But the next one can have you and we'll see.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

The group warily pushes on where Furnok and Brelin briefly explored. They find a fork in the caverns, revealing two paths. The western cavern smells absolutely foul and has piles of bones flicker in the light, while the eastern cavern opens up to a pool of water.

Perception DC25:

You hear muttering coming from the pool of water. It sounds like the goblin language.


hp 39/43 AC 17

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28 Wilhim motions for everybody to be quiet and points at the room with the pool. Sounds like someone speaking goblin. He whispers to the party. He holds up a finger indicating for you to hold here for a minute while he sneaks over to look into the room.

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 4 + 4 = 10


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Ohh dear


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

By 'sneak over', what Wilhim really means is stub his toe a few feet into the opening. As he's hopping on one foot and cursing, an empty bottle falls out of his kit and rolls down the slope into the pool.

Wilhim's low-light vision faintly picks out the shadowy form of a goblin, with red eyes glowing much like a cat's. It splashes out of the pool and picks up the bottle.

"Oh looksies! An alchemist flask, for mutagens yes? Can I see your formulas?" The goblin says in the common tongue, with the squeaky nasally voice that most goblins have.


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

well that's unexpected... Wabbit laughs eager to prevent Wilhim from engaging in a game of you show me yours, I'll show you mine. ;) That could get awkward in mixed company.

Wabbit looks around worrying about some devious goblin trap
perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Sooooo what you're saying is, is that you're NOT going to blow us up with some funky alchemist concoctions of your own?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
hp 39/43 AC 17

Wilhim is somewhat gob smacked at this. Perhaps perhaps. I take it that you too are an alchemist? Wilhim says attempting to draw him into a conversation so he can discern his motives.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Cleo with Aggah peek around the corner to see who the congenial goblin might be.


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Oh yes, come closer. Come look at my etchings


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

"Yis I'm an alchemist too!" Exclaims the goblin... who conveniently mentions nothing about blowing anyone up. "I has lots of formulas. We can trade!"

Cleo can't really see anything that far away with Brelin's little light, same with Wabbit. Only Wilhim's low light vision grant him the ability to make out the red eyes and rough shape of a goblin. Aggah however, has darkvision. She gasps and nearly pukes. As she hacks and coughs, she yells "GHASTS! STINKY LICKTOAD GOBLIN GHASTS!"

The goblin replies "Well s+$@. We was hoping nobody could see in the dark. Didn't expect you to bring a Thistletop with you. Guess you die now."

Everyone gets to act. Normal light 20ft around Brelin, 20ft dim light beyond that. Lighting a torch is a standard action, but usually requires a move action to retrieve the stored tinderbox.

Alchemists are not known for their bluff capabilities. Aggah rolling a nat20 on religion and succeeding on a perception check was pretty darn good.

Just for those who may have forgotten. A ghast is a powerful and intelligent ghoul. They have a stench aura as well.

Initiative:

Cleo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Wilhim: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Wabbit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Brelin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Furnok: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Goblin Ghasts: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 I think that's accurate

Sorted Initiative:

1. Everyone
2. Goblins


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

"Thank you, Aggah. That would have been really bad if we had gotten too close. Hmm... speaking of not getting too close..." Cleo will pray and order all the plants around the ghasts to grow and grab.

casting entangle, as far back as Cleo can and grabs them as much as possible. I'm thinking we can keep them as far away as possible and pelt them with holy water and bombs?

Aggah yells at the stupid once goblin and fires a crossbow bolt at the nearest.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Human Witch (Cartomancer) 7 AC:12/12/10(+4) HP:48/48 F:+5 R:+5 W:+8 Init: +6 Perception: +7

More undead... I'm almost out of magic

She fires a small cantrip and backs away from melee

disrupt undead: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d6 ⇒ 6


hp 39/43 AC 17

Wilhim rushes into the room as he prepares a grean bubbling solution and tosses it at the fancy one in the middle of the lake.

Ranged Touch Attacl: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Dam: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 6, 3) + 4 = 17 2nd Round Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

Wabbit rushes in and goes stabby stabby at the nearest enemy

+5bab +4dex +1size , -2 piranha striking, +1 waveblade -2FD
attack #1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

And doesn't do a very good job of it


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Cleo begins by casting entangle, which takes the form of seaweed erupting from the pool to grab everything nearby. Although most of it is centered on the far wall, the radius is large enough to engulf the entire area. Most of the goblin ghasts manage to maintain their balance with supernatural dexterity, but the frontmost alchemist goblin gets entangled. Wilhim is also caught (and Wabbit later on), but both manage to maintain their footing. Aggah takes a good shot against the entangled alchemist. Brelin comes into sight of the encounter and ducks into the side cavern, which does help spread dim light over the fight. Wilhim expertly tosses a bomb at the fancy looking goblin standing on a little island, and fueled by his hatred of goblinoids hits it dead center. It looks terribly burned, and the alchemists around it take a fair bit of punishment as well. Wabbit jumps into the fray, but stumbles on the entanglement and fails to hit the alchemist.

Furnok and Bacon's turn.

Dice Rolls:

Sword Goblin Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 pass
Bomb Goblin Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 pass
Bomb Goblin Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 fail
Fancy Goblin Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 pass
Wilhim Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 pass

Bomb Goblin Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 pass
Bomb Goblin Reflex: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 2 = 19 pass

Wabbit Reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24 pass

Wabbit Fort: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 pass


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

No wanting to get tangled up, Furnok gets his bow out as he moves up, with Bacon guarding his side.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Furnok and Bacon approach strategically. The fancy goblin casts a spell that weaves magic around like a suit of armour, then suddenly teleports with a loud crack to the back of the opening. The entangled goblin gets frustrated when it can't step back, so it takes the scorched earth policy and tries to throw its bomb at Wabbit at point blank range. Wabbit barely fails to slice the goblin during this act, but the alchemist misses and tosses the bomb in between Wabbit and Wilhim. Both manage to dodge the worst of the explosion, but not all of it. The other alchemist follows suit, just slowly burning Wabbit and Wilhim with small explosions over and over. The goblin with the sword hacks its way through the seaweed and into a side cavern out of sight.
Wilhim and Wabbit each take 6 fire damage.

Everyone's up!

Dice Rolls:

Wabbit AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Goblin Bomb: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 4 = 6
1d8: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Wabbit Reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Wilhim Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Bomb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Wabbit Reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Wilhim Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Forgot to roll entangle for the gobbos

Bomb Goblin Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Fancy Goblin Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 pretty sure that's a pass, yes?


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

Despite fires singeing his leg Wabbit continues to stab the nearest alchemaghast

Flurry +5bab +4dex +1size , -2 piranha striking, +1 waveblade -2FD
attack #1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

attack #2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Wabbit stabs his waveblade into the goblin's eye socket, pulling many undead goblin brains out as he withdraws. The alchemist doesn't get to say anything, it just falls over dead.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Cleo and Aggah both fire their bows at the remaining alchemist.
attack from cleo: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 4 = 5
damage: 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2

attack from aggah: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Furnok shoots at the goblin to the north of Wabbit
Bow,PBS: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Human Witch (Cartomancer) 7 AC:12/12/10(+4) HP:48/48 F:+5 R:+5 W:+8 Init: +6 Perception: +7

Brelin fires again

disrupt undead: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d6 ⇒ 5


hp 39/43 AC 17

Wilhim struggles to free himself. Strength: 1d20 ⇒ 2 Giving that up Wilhim prepares an acid bomb to throw at his previous target.
Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 2 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 2 - 2 - 2 = 19 Dam: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5, 4) + 4 = 18 2nd Round damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Fox You did remember to apply his second round of acid damage on his turn right?


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

I was under the impression that the 2nd round damage occurred during your turn, rather than their's. Could definitely be wrong on that.

Cleo and Aggah both take pot shots at the remaining alchemist, but both shots fall short. Cleo's suffering from the lack of light, but Aggah has no excuse. Furnok releases a great shot from his bow, but he's having a hard time seeing the goblin in the dim light. Brelin moves up slightly so she can see the goblins, but her spell misses its mark. The fire burns the fancy goblin to the last bits of its unlife, but remains standing. Wilhim makes a far throw, and watches for a moment before BOOM! The bomb explodes right on the goblin's head, incinerating it completely.
I worded something poorly in the last round recap. Neither Wabbit nor Wilhim are actually entangled.

The remaining alchemist tosses a bomb at Wabbit, but misses. It flies too far to the east, and explodes next to Wabbit. Though Wabbit dodges the worst of the splash, it still scorches his toes! Wabbit takes 3 fire damage. No one failed entangle, except the alchemist who's already entangled.

Everyone's turn.

Dice Rolls:

Furnok Concealment >20: 1d100 ⇒ 1 wow

Wabbit entangle: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Wilhim entangle: 1d20 + 6 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 2 - 2 = 19 -2 shaken, -2 sluggish

Bomb: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 2 = 12
d8: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Wabbit reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Furnok shoots at the same goblin

Bow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 171d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

Wabbit quickly moves past the incoming fire and stabs the goblin

+5bab +4dex +1size , -2 piranha striking, +1 waveblade -2FD
attack #1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

CRIT CONF attack #1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
CRITdamage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (3, 4) + 8 = 15


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Not trusting her own or her friend's ability to shoot the goblin without hitting her goblin, the two of them quickly look around the corner to make sure the goblin that ran away isn't trying to sneak up on them from another direction.

moving 4 squares to the west


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

The goblin ghast tries to dodge Furnok's arrow, but the seaweed snares its legs and it ends up getting shot through an eye. It groans as it falls over, wrapped around by the magical seaweed.

Cleo walks into the cavern. It's a small off-shoot that leads back into the opening. There are no other entrances or exits. The cavern itself is filled with the bony remains of many different creatures. The shadows cast by Brelin's distant light spell creates all sorts of eerie images, but Cleo can't see a goblin around... even though she can smell it.

Wabbit can redo his actions. Waiting for Brelin and Wilhim. Cleo still has a standard action left.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Cleo will cast light of her own. "Do you see anything Aggah?"


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Aggah takes a step forward and looks into the now bright cavern. "Nope, but it very stinky. Musta runaway."


Human Witch (Cartomancer) 7 AC:12/12/10(+4) HP:48/48 F:+5 R:+5 W:+8 Init: +6 Perception: +7

Brelin advances cautiously

What do you see Cleo?


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

"Their dining room I think." Cleo responds sadly. "No sign of the goblin, other than ours." she smiles at Aggah.


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

Wabbit engages his evil-dar trying to sense if the undead is hiding somewhere nearby


hp 39/43 AC 17

Wilhim struggles through the seaweed to get the alchemists so he can get their formula books.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Wabbit detects a lingering trail of evil heading into the cavern from the other side (which is no surprise, as he saw the undead goblin go through there). He can use this ability to track the goblin.

Wilhim starts digging around the bodies of the alchemists. Their gear is extremely rudimentary, most of which is made out of natural products such as pig's bladders. Their formula books are particularly strange, since it's a well known fact that goblins fear the written language. They are pictures etched in a semi-solid material held together with a wood and mud frame. It will take time to decipher their secrets, but Wilhim suspects 8 different extracts are hiding in these pictograms.


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

So hunt down that little snot wad?
Survival,Track: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24


Human Witch (Cartomancer) 7 AC:12/12/10(+4) HP:48/48 F:+5 R:+5 W:+8 Init: +6 Perception: +7

Brelin looks tired but shrugs

Let's get him
She wiggles her fingers and several lights appear in the air. With a nod, she sends them ahead of the group

Casts dancing lights and keep them a bit ahead of us, in 20' intervals

7,001 to 7,050 of 7,782 << first < prev | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.