Treasurefox's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master TreasureFox

Starday, the 30th of Lamashan, 4711AR

Magnimar

Homebrew Rules
The Story So Far
Loot List


7,101 to 7,150 of 7,728 << first < prev | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | next > last >>

hp 39/43 AC 17

I posted that in discussion


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

AH! You are right sir. Reading is apparently too hard for me :)


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

DOn't do what I did and run off and get yerself killed! Pull back here


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

This place almost smells as bad as Bacon's farts.

BWEEEE!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List
Cleo Gingerberry wrote:
Wilhim I think Treasure is waiting on the extract he drank?

Nope, Treasure is actually just waiting on Treasure. =P


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

The fungus creature seems quite sluggish, and fails to dodge out of the way of Brelin's flaming sphere. Despite the dampness of its 'flesh', it burns and sizzles as it gives off a terrible smell. Wabbit comes forward to properly see the creature, then throws a flask of holy water perfectly at the creature. It shrieks in pain just like an undead would. It's already looking badly singed... then it suddenly disappears.

Everyone's turn.

Dice Rolls:

Vorel Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Did Cleo's channel do anything?


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Sorry, yes it sure did. The fungoid creature's hair-like strands stand on end, and a tumor pops, but otherwise it seems to weather the attack fairly well.


hp 39/43 AC 17

To be clear, the wounds vanished, right? The monster didn't suddenly turn inivisible?


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

The monster has disappeared. Sorry for the confusion


Human Witch (Cartomancer) 7 AC:12/12/10(+4) HP:48/48 F:+5 R:+5 W:+8 Init: +6 Perception: +7

Brelin looks slightly confused So... we won, right?


hp 39/43 AC 17

I really doubt it. Wilhim mixes up a batch of acid and throws it at the last spot he saw the monster.
ATK: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 DAM: 3d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 2, 6) + 8 = 21 No splash damage


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

"I have no idea." Cleo admits. The halfling holds her ground and waits to see what the bottle of acid does.


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

is it INVISIBLE? Wabbit doesn't have a flour bomb (is that a thing) so not much he can do....except Detect Evil so he engages his paladin radar while holding another of Cleo's Holy Water flasks


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Furnok keeps his hammer ready to attack if it reappears. Bacon! Sniff it out!

SNORT SNORT!
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Wilhim tosses an acid bomb into the spot that the fungal creature was standing, but it hits the ground and seems to do nothing. Wabbit activates his detect evil ability, but since he can't spot the creature, he can't use it as quickly as he would like. Within a 30ft cone of where he's looking, evil does linger. Bacon smells a lot of nasty stuff, but can't pinpoint anything in particular.

Brelin, Furnok, and Cleo's turn. Wabbit still has a standard action. Wilhim still has a move action.


hp 39/43 AC 17

Wilhim stays where he is, also a reminder that that acid does damage twice.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

"Let's wait a moment..." Cleo suggests, holding her ground at least for a round.


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

Wabbit holds his action, blade at the ready in case the creature, who might be invisible, strikes out at him.


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Furnok holds his action ready to bash anything that appears. How about we set the whole room on fire?


Human Witch (Cartomancer) 7 AC:12/12/10(+4) HP:48/48 F:+5 R:+5 W:+8 Init: +6 Perception: +7

Brelin concentrates on the flaming sphere still burning where the creature was and wills it to move

Move the flaming sphere around, to see if it catches anything


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

Cave description =The horrific stench of the room seems strongest to the west, where the cave's wall has been overtaken by a horrific growth of dark green mold and dripping fungi. At the center, a patch of black tumescent fungus grows, its horny ridges and tumor-like bulbs forming what could almost be taken to be a humanoid outline

Brelin.. Burn the moldy wall. Maybe it's hiding a passage behind the mold


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

As Brelin whirls the sphere around the room, it suddenly bashes into an invisible form. A moment later, a huge spray of spores splurt out and unfortunately get breathed in by Cleo and Brelin. The cloud of spores linger in the air as the fungal creature comes back into view, now right in front of Wabbit. Wabbit tries to strike it, but his little waveblade seems to do absolutely nothing! At least, this singed fungus is looking near death.

Cleo takes 1 Con damage, and Brelin takes 2 Con damage. Both of them are now fatigued. Everyone's turn.

Dice Rolls:

Vorel Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Dmg: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 5) = 10
Wabbit Fort: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Cleo Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Brelin Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Cleo Con: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Brelin Con: 1d2 ⇒ 2


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Furnok bashes the nasty

Hammer: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 201d12 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


hp 39/43 AC 17

F@~% f&$+ f$@@ Wilhim grabs the anytool from his backpack and folds it into a blacksmith's hammer. Wabbit, heads up! He says tossing the improvised magical weapon to the paladin. I'd say that counts as my full action unless you disagree Fox.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Kind of want to wait until we can see if the flaming sphere will kill it. If not, Cleo will channel again.

Coughing, hacking, and once again feeling kind of miserable, Cleo calls on her god's mercy.

channel to hurt: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 5) = 10


Human Witch (Cartomancer) 7 AC:12/12/10(+4) HP:48/48 F:+5 R:+5 W:+8 Init: +6 Perception: +7

Brelin coughs some blood but still manages to grin Gotch'ya

She gains some distance and whispers something to her deck. Her breath seems deadly cold and the card she throws afterward carries the chill of the grave

Move back 5', Chill touch and throw a card with it. I'm assuming no damage if it is undead but it might flee. DC is 16

Also, keep the flaming sphere on it (round 3)

flaming sphere: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 2) = 9
card throw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Furnok wades into the narrow hallway and leans over Wabbit. With a mighty bash of his magical hammer, the fungal creature is knocked down. It struggles to get up, but Brelin's flaming sphere rolls over it, burning the remains. Its hand is raised up, clenched in a fist before it is turned to ash.

Combat is over. I'm going to guess that everyone gets out of the spore cloud, and Cleo tries to halt the poison in Brelin, then herself. Brelin will likely use the rest of her flaming sphere on the wall of fungus.

Cleo takes 2 more Con damage. Brelin takes 4 more Con damage. Please let me know your new hp totals (both current and max), and your Fort saves.

It takes about a full minute for the spores to finally land and become inert. Afterwards, the group takes a look at what remains of the room. The fungus wall has been thoroughly singed, and all traces of the fungus are nowhere to be seen.

The broken puzzlebox, which Brelin realizes is all that remains of what was meant to be a lich's phylactery, still remains and fizzles with necromantic energy.

Arcana DC20:

This ruined phylactery will enhance all necromancy spells. It can be turned into a large and hefty amulet (weighs 3lbs). The wearer adds 1 to the DC of any necromancy spell they cast, a +1 to all touch attacks made with a necromancy spell, and the ability to cast Contagion or Poison once per day without using a spell slot (CL7 DC15 or the wearer's, whichever is higher). However, the wearer always fails their initial saving throw to contract poison or disease, and never benefit from spells or abilities that protect against poison or disease.

The trash organized along the tables are mostly mundane. Forks, a comb, two whetstones, an empty potion bottle, a vial of dried blood, a mug that used to belong to Furnok before it went missing, etc. Next to them is a stack of water damaged parchment that are sketches of Furnok in heroic poses, made in charcoal. There are also detailed lists of Furnok's ideals and personality traits (many of which are untrue and highly glorified), countered with negative traits belonging to Aldern. There is also a journal entry cursing and lamenting Furnok's death, blaming the other heroes present as being the reason why such a brave man fell in battle.

The last piece of parchment is written in ink, and is clearly of a very different writing style to Aldern's scattered thoughts.

The Letter:

Aldern,
You have served us quite well. The delivery you harvested from the caverns far exceeds what I had hoped for. You may consider your debt to the Brothers paid in full. Yet I still have need of you, and when you awaken from your death, you should find your mind clear and able to understand this task more than in the state you lie in as I write this.
You shall remember the workings of the Sihedron ritual, I trust. You seemed quite lucid at the time, but if you find after your rebirth that you have forgotten, return to your townhouse in Magnimar. My agents shall contact you there soon - no need for you to bother the Brothers further. I will provide the list of proper victims for the Sihedron ritual in two days' time. Commit that list to memory and then destroy it before you begin your work. The ones I have selected must be marked before they die; otherwise they do my master no good and the greed in their souls will go to waste.
If others get in your way, though, you may do with them as you please. Eat them, savage them, or turn them into pawns - it matters not to me.
Finally, forget about the one called Furnok. It has been foreseen that your obsession with him will be your undoing. Focus on the task I have given you, and only that task.
- Xanesha, Mistress of the Seven

Finally, there is a portrait of Iesha Foxglove in all her beauty. It is worth 200gp to the right buyer.

Poison Rolls:

Round 2 of poison
Furnok Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 pass, does not get poisoned
Cleo Heal for Brelin: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 fail
Brelin Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 pass, but not cured
Cleo Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 fail
Con dmg: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Round 3 of poison
Cleo Heal for Brelin: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 pass. Brelin gets +4
Brelin Fort: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 4 = 11 fail
Con dmg: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Cleo Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 pass, but not cured

Round 4 of poison
Cleo Heal for Brelin: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 pass. Brelin gets +4
Brelin Fort: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 4 = 7 fail
Con dmg: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Cleo Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 pass. Cleo is cured

Round 5 of poison
Cleo Heal for Brelin: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 pass. Brelin gets +4
Brelin Fort: 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 4 = 25 I'll consider that 2 consecutive saves. Brelin is cured.


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

That man had issues.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

"Awww, he liked you." Cleo says looking up at the big man with a teasing but good natured smile, followed by a fit of hacking from the fungal spores. "I... I think <cough> we'll take some of " she waves at the charcoal drawings "… frame them... at the inn." then she surcomes again and gets out whatever it was gunking up her works. Discreetly spat out behind the table that is.

-3 con total will put her at a con of 9. Fort will be +4 and hit points total 29 I think. I'll double check that in a minute.

"Was that... Aldern?" she asks the others, with a worried and sympathetic look at the remain of the fungal creature. "Is there anyway we can be sure?"


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

what the heck was that thing!? If that was Aldern.. You're really going to have to rethink your choice of drinking buddies Furnok


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Well turning into a mushroom seemed to be his fate due to meddling with this nasty stuff. Lovr makes you blind and all.


Human Witch (Cartomancer) 7 AC:12/12/10(+4) HP:48/48 F:+5 R:+5 W:+8 Init: +6 Perception: +7

Brelin analyses the puzzlebox
Again we find pieaces of the ritual to lichdom. Maybe something went wrong and this house is the result?

knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

This contraption still has lingering magic in it. It helps necromantic magic but weakens the user against poisons and diseases.
She gives the rest of the details to whoever asks.

Treasure did I cast chill touch? If I did, I'l have to take it out of my list.
New stats: Con 8, new max hp: 21 (ouch), new fort save: +1


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Sorry, no you didn't cast chill touch. Furnok got the fungus to 0, so I just had your sphere roll over it for effect.

Intelligence check DC13:

You do remember a portrait in the mansion that suddenly flooded the room with tumors, fungus, mold, and such horrific things. This portrait belonged to Vorel Foxglove, Aldern's grandfather and the one who commissioned this mansion in the first place. Aldern's portrait had turned him into a ghast, not a fungoid creature.

Religion DC16:

If Aldern is dead, that would mean that Iesha the revanant has died as well. Her soul is tied to Aldern's fate.

Heal DC15:

It's hard to make sense of it all, but these burnt and decrepit bones belonged to an old man. The bones are also made of a certain fibrous plant matter, meaning that they were grown with the rest of the fungus.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

int: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
heal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Well that was something :) Cleo is to busy leafing through the heroic poses of Furnok to think much at the moment.


hp 39/43 AC 17

Intelligence check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Heal check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Wilhim looks at the bones. These aren't his bones. They're from somebody old. What's more, this thing isn't dead yet, though it will take a while to regenerate. The ground must be consecrated and then it must have a final strike from Cleo's holy power. Can you do that Cleo?


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

"Actually I can. I think... Erastil in his infinite wisdom seems to have blessed me with a consecration spell this morning..." I was thinking it would be great to use against an evil undead warlord thing, -1 to attack rolls, damage, so on... but this is cooler

"But what do you mean by final strike from my holy power?"

Channeling?


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

You know when I said it has blood but not bones? Oh well.

Wilhim means positive energy in any capacity.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Cleo bites her lower lip, thinking and worrying, mostly about whether she is a good enough cleric to do such a thing, but "I have to try."

Moving to the middle of the room, Cleo opens one of her vials of holy water, while holding her holy symbol gently in her other hand. Whispering "Grandfather, please hear me. Just for a moment. I know I have not done right, I know I've made bad decisions, but this house has hurt so many, and no matter what we do, it will do so again... Please help us." she pauses and gets even quieter "I don't care what happens to me, but I can't bear more people dying because of me. Please, grandfather... please"

She sprinkles the water around her, splashing the form extra well, casting concentrate with a normal prayer. With a deep breath, she'll then concentrate on pushing out with her god's warm will with a channel.

channel: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 6) = 13


2 people marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Cleo's channel energy sends the holy consecration across the room, seeping into every crack and crevice. The fungus from the wall suddenly regrows in an instant, forming a humanoid creature. Then the fungus from the wall melts away, and the humanoid creature shifts into a human in the flesh. It is a naked old man, gaunt and shrivelled. With a croaking voice, he says "No... I was close, SO close to having a new body. That stupid wench opened my lair with a chime of opening, ruined my ritual. The mansion became my phylactery, but I was forever trapped inside it. I tried to take hold of Traver... but his damned wife got him to realize everything, and he killed himself. After so long... I thought the weak willed Aldern would succumb to my control, and he killed his wife. No. Now a damn she-slip finishes it by praying to a god of farming. Disgusting. Rot--~" The old man crumples into dust.

Cleo's face heals up, eliminating the horrid blight that has cursed her for several days. Now, she is left with smaller scars, only as a reminder.
Erastil has determined that you are redeemed. You no longer suffer from a negative level. You also gain Deific Obedience (Erastil) as a bonus feat.

There is a loud groan and the creaking of wood echoing throughout the caves.


hp 39/43 AC 17

Come on! Out through the well, the house is coming down! Wilhim charges out of the room and through the caves.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

Wabbit stands back in awe of his cousin and tears well up as he sees those horrid scars that marred his beautiful cousin's face fade away to almost nothing.

He walks up hugs her, kisses both her cheeks, unashamed of the happy tears in his eyes........ and then the house starts groaning its final death

A mischevious twinkle in the eye and the first real smile since they arrived at this cursed place brightens his face. Last one to the top has to milk Old Bessy! Old Bessy was the most evil-tempered cantankerous dairy cow for miles and miles.....She was smart and HATED being milked. It was the WORST chore but someone had to do it. Usually the loser of a game, contest or race, and Wabbit NEVER loses races! So he always is kind enough to give Cleo a head start.

Wabbit waits for Cleo to take off running and follows right behind ready to jump ahead and clear their path if ANYTHING gets in their way.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Relief so golden pours through Cleo, a sudden wash clearing the pain and emptiness she has been feeling so roughly, and now is... gone...

She smiles brightly into her cousin's eyes. "He's forgiven me" she whispers softly. Only to have them widen at the mention of Bessy, followed by a laugh "Aggah RUN!" she squeaks, but pauses to grab Brelin's hand pulling the witch along with her. Furnok with Bacon, Wilhim already gone, followed closely by Aggah, she smiles once more and whispers a Thank you to her god. Then runs as fast as her little legs will let her.

WOOHOO!!! Halfling happy dance<><>


1 person marked this as a favorite.
hp 39/43 AC 17

Wabbit, give me back that anytool!


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4
Wilhim wrote:
Wabbit, give me back that anytool!

OK....Let's get out of this house first. RUN!


hp 39/43 AC 17

No, I mean we're going to need it. We barricaded the exit!


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4
Wilhim wrote:
No, I mean we're going to need it. We barricaded the exit!

ooops forgot about the barricade

Wabbits not burly enough to barrel through much more than a cloth sack, so he tosses the Anytool fromthe rear to the resourceful gnome in the front hoping he can get the way opened before the house and caverns crumble around us

Incoming Wilhim!


hp 39/43 AC 17

Wilhim reaches out to grab it and starts folding it into a pair of gardening shears. When they reach the room with the barricade he throws pen the door and uses them to cut the rope, leaving the group with something to climb, and releasing the well cover from the tension holding it down.


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Furnok watches Clep cleanse the taint from the room and nods in appreciation. Suddenly feeling the rumbling, Furnok leads the way out. Lats one out is a pancake!

7,101 to 7,150 of 7,728 << first < prev | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.