Treasurefox's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master TreasureFox

Starday, the 30th of Lamashan, 4711AR

Magnimar

Homebrew Rules
The Story So Far
Loot List


7,401 to 7,450 of 7,728 << first < prev | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | next > last >>

DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

I don't mind, especially for a "random" encounter. Feel free to be a bamf once in a while, right?


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

"Good job Brelin" Cleo breathes quietly and in awe. Mentally she tells the dog to run away as fast as he can for as long as he can, knowing her control of him is limited. Then she sets about trying to calm Butter and get him to the wagon again, while the others deal with their giant problem.

Calm animal spell, speak with animals to Coo and convince the horse to come back.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Cleo sends the dog away into the forest at breakneck pace. Using more of her magic, she tries to calm down the frantic draft horse, but it resists her spell. Butter kicks behind her, with one hoof far too high to hit Cleo, but the second one gets her right in the face.
Cleo takes 8 damage. Speak with Animals will let you make a diplomacy check instead of Handle Animal to calm Butter.

Dic Rolls:

Horse Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Hoof: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Hoof: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Her world goes black for a moment, then a sheer blinding red. "Bbutmer... butter... calm down, please. We are getting you away from this bad giant. please don't kick me again"


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Butter decides not to kick Cleo again. He snorts and grumbles as he allows Cleo to tie him up to the wagon.


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Bacon climbs onto the giant and squeals his triumph over it!


Human Witch (Cartomancer) 7 AC:12/12/10(+4) HP:48/48 F:+5 R:+5 W:+8 Init: +6 Perception: +7

Brelin crosses her arms and takes a few steps back, expecting to see a squashed pig in just a few moments

You understand he's only asleep, right? Temporarily asleep?


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

Wabbit is not the best candidate to administer coup de graces. His damage is too low right now, he'll just end up waking the giant. This is a job for Furnok


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Aggah is willing to try!


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

I need a decision guys. To kill or not to kill? Each has its risks.

The giant snores so loudly that it nearly sends Bacon flying.


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

Unless Furnok steps up to the plate or the party objects for some reason Wabbit will advance to the giants neck and with a clear conscience TRY to administer a coup de grace

+2
+6bab +4dex +1size , -2 piranha striking, +1 waveblade -2FD
attack #1: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 = 21
damage: 1d4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

I don't think you have to roll to hit sir, and you auto crit, then the giant has to roll fort vs damage done to live.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

The group hash out their judgements on what to do with the giant, and it seems to be a minority win to kill it. Wabbit steps onto the giant, and tries to slice its throat as cleanly as possible.

Wabbit dmg: 10 + 1d4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ 10 + (3) + 4 + 2 = 19
Giant Fort: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 11 - 2 = 11

The giant wakes up and tries to roar out, but its sliced throat bubbles and gurgles thick, bright red blood. It tries to cover its neck and stand up, but barely raises its head before it collapses and stares blankly at the dark gray sky. Heavy raindrops splatter upon its open, unblinking eyes.

The giant carried a bag under its arm, inside is a strange collection of bits and bobs, likely collected from victims throughout its life.

Loots:

- Stone Age Spear (Large, fragile)
- Sling (Large)
- Club (Large, counts as Greatclub for medium creatures)
- Masterwork dagger (Medium)
- 10 Stone sling bullets (Large)
- Piles of hides in various stages of decomposition (counts as hide armour, Large)

- 6lbs of leather strips
- Torn noble's outfit (Appraise)
- Magnimarian Gambling chips (Appraise or K.Local)
- Mangled Wizard's spell book (3 spells are legible)
- 1 Scroll


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

Wabbit finishes the grim but necessary business and then starts going through the giants belongings, pointing out the book and scroll to Brelin Looks like this is your department


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Sigh. Very well then. We should move if we can since the body will attract predators.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Ameiko says "Judging from his keepsakes, I don't think he was much of a pacifist. Furnok's right though, we should get out of here before more trouble comes wandering in."

Ameiko can add +2 to all of Brelin's spellcraft checks to identify the spells and scroll.

------------------

The party pack up and starts early before more trouble can be found. Furnok is able to spot any troubles along the flooded road, but Brelin is having trouble navigating, even with Wabbit's light. They get turned around a few times, but eventually find the road and continue following it. A red sun rises in the East, and the party will need to decide if they want to stop and finish resting, or to press on with the daylight?

Furnok Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Brelin Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

"You see another morning then" Cleo says to Butter, patting her leg. Then looking to the others, "Shall we stop for some biscuits with honey and coffee? Then move out after?"

Cleo will expend endure elements to cast cure light wounds on her face. Cast read weather, and plant some seeds in a nice spot along the road
clw: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Some coffee and grub sounds good


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

NEVER one to turn down food.. to coffee and grub and easy smooth roads


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

The party decides to park and get some rest and relaxation in before trekking forward. Cleo predicts that there will still be some rain, but nothing anywhere near as heavy as previously. By the end of the next day, things should clear up completely. The edge of the Whisper Wood has mist coiling through the mixed trunks, and far into the distance they can see towering redwood treetops. Various birds call from the forest, and Brelin discovers a curious little squirrel investigating the outside of her tent.

Furnok begins his scouting for the day, and it isn't long before he stumbles upon a surprise. Skeletal remains of a humanoid with a ratty backpack, all hiding within a hole in one of the trees. Upon further investigation, he discovers that the hollow bones must belong to an elf, perhaps a half-elf. There are plenty of tattered equipment, tools, weapons. The only thing remaining is a ring, made of tarnished silver. It has a stone set in it, along with somewhat faded engravings of faces experiencing different emotions. When Furnok picks up the ring, the stone turns a golden yellow.

The party packs up after resting and begins their travels for the day. A swarm of mosquitos finds the group and decides to feast on them over the course of several hours. Though everyone suffered some bites, Brelin is the one who got the worst of it.
Brelin's bites are so itchy that she suffers a 5% chance to lose a spell she casts, and she suffers a -2 on all concentration checks. This poison effect will get a Fortitude saving throw at the start of each day in order to end it.

By evening, the mosquitos have mostly left. There is a light drizzle of rain, accompanied by a sighting of deer crossing the road. Cleo finds quite a few berries and mushrooms as they travel, while Aggah manages to catch a beaver for eating. It's enough food to keep the party fed without having to dip into much in the way of rations, although it's not enough to feed Butter and the pony.

After dinner, the party camps for the night. Furnok has set up a small fire to cook marshmellows on, while Ameiko sings a folk song of a man falling in love with a nymph. The night watch as a very peaceful, almost meditative, quality to it. Come dawn, no dangers whatsoever.

Feel free to post your reactions, questions, and perhaps converse with each other in character. I'll get the next day up later.

Dice Rolls:

Furnok Scout: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 2 = 30
Brelin Navigate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Cleo Provision: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Cleo Cooking: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Found this ring in a tree with a dead person. It might just be that they were dying and crawled inside to pass on.


Human Witch (Cartomancer) 7 AC:12/12/10(+4) HP:48/48 F:+5 R:+5 W:+8 Init: +6 Perception: +7

Brelin tries to stop the itching and checks all the stuff with her magic.

I hate bugs

Then she studies the book and scroll

Detect magic on everything caught so far, read magic on the book and scroll


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

The three spells in the spellbook are: Mending, Acid Splash, and Blood Money
The scroll is a scroll of Detect Secret Doors
The ring is also magical, which means that either the ring was intentionally tarnished, or that it's been untouched for so long that even the magic can't preserve it. The magic itself isn't anything spectacular. The stone changes colour depending on the most prominent emotion that the wearer is experiencing. Wearing this ring does not count against the number of magic rings someone can wear.


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Furnok looks around for some good anti-bug plants
Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

I heard some plants make good repellant if burned


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Furnok returns with a handful of nettles that he thinks could be ground up and used as a paste. However, Brelin quickly identifies that he's brought back what are called Stinging Nettles, which sting if rubbed into skin, but are used as a minor muscle relaxant when brewed in tea. Aggah seems disappointed that Brelin figured it out. It seems like she knew what it was and wanted Brelin to get stung by an inadvertent Furnok.

Brelin nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

"A much better day" Cleo sighs after biscuits and coffee. She says a few woods of rest to the remains Furnok found. "What does yellow mean then?" she asks as Brelin describes the ring, since it was the color beaming from it when Furnok held it.

Cleo slaps and harrumphs at every blood sucking little demon that feasts on her, annoyed despite the othewise pleasant day. Later she cheers Aggah for her find, and quietly ignore her devouring of the heart before she cooks it for the rest of the group.

cooking with cleo: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 Dinner is a lovely beaver stew laden with spices and mushrooms. Berries biscuits on the side. And a small nip each of the applejack.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Hearts are very nutritious. Golden Yellow means curiosity. I'm going to keep it very open so that the wearer can write whatever they want.


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Whoops! I guess the nettles look too much like that other plant. I did hear about Some plants that are pretty good at smoke production. Maybe we can use those to keep bugs off.


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

Wabbits happy for nightwatch to end and gratefully scarfs down breakfast, skipping coffee, says thanks for breakfast and aware that he's not always the best of company when tired, finds the coziest corner of the wagon for his morning nap.


Human Witch (Cartomancer) 7 AC:12/12/10(+4) HP:48/48 F:+5 R:+5 W:+8 Init: +6 Perception: +7

Brelin ignores the plants with a sigh, she doesn't have a sense of humor

She concentrates on the spellbook trying to find more info, completely ignoring the ring

As usual se keeps to herself during the trip, watching the stars and reading her cards


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Whoosh! Not only did I fail to realize you were looking for a repellent, I didn't realize what you were getting at.

The next morning starts off on the wrong foot. Wabbit takes a prank too far, tipping Brelin over the edge. The travel on what would normally be a very pleasant morning instead has tension hanging in the air, as the two are very close to an argument.
Wabbit, tell us what prank you did that upset Brelin. Brelin, how did you react to Wabbit's prank such that it upset him in return?

Brelin is able to navigate almost mindlessly, considering she's following a well-travelled road. Furnok, however, is getting bored. Instead of looking for danger, he's more interested in searching to a certain weed that he can burn. He finds a small patch growing wild that he can harvest for himself. Cleo's foraging efforts yield little this time around. Only a few handfuls of nuts and berries, which just isn't enough to feed everyone. While on the road, Furnok discovers four bodies, each meant to hang from the next under a tree. They are in pretty severe states of decay, and most have fallen from their noose. A sign reads Thieves and Brigands deserve no rest. By order of the Nail. It sends a chill down everyone's spine, resulting in an even more sullen journey.

Evening picks up quite quickly however. A Varisian caravan travelling South crosses paths with the party's wagon. Though some may harbour suspicion of the Varisians being Sczarni, it turns out that they are very friendly. The 'leader' of the caravan, so to speak, is a Varisian woman in her forties named Ezmerelda. She and Ameiko get along really well, and speak flirtatiously in the native Varisian tongue, which is known to have many double-meanings and subtleties. It turns out that they have a mutual friend, one Shalelu Andosana. Since night is rapidly approaching, the two groups settle down for the night. There is plenty of song and dance, with silk scarves and tambourines. Cleo and Ezmerelda work together to cook for nearly four dozen people. This is when Ezmerelda reveals that she is a witch, and uses cooking as a medium to cast her spells. She enriches the food with spells of guidance and good fortune. Many of the men gather to play drunk poker, and the ale flows freely.

The caravan has two dedicated night watchers, who are half-elf twin sisters named Brin and Quinny. This allows everyone to get a really good night sleep. Morning starts a little slow, as a lot of people are groggy from hangovers and are trying to figure out who's bed they slept in that night. They bid the party farewell and good luck, and with Desna's blessing, provide a gift for their adventures to come.
Each of you, pick one potion of 1st or 2nd level on the witch spell list. You get that potion at a caster level of 3.

Dice Rolls:

Furnok Scout: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 2 = 16
Brelin Navigate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Cleo Forage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Oh and Brelin's itchiness

Brelin Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Success!


Human Witch (Cartomancer) 7 AC:12/12/10(+4) HP:48/48 F:+5 R:+5 W:+8 Init: +6 Perception: +7

Brelin keeps away from the festivities, she won't have fun while her mother is a slave to some evil being. She scowls if anybody asks her to join the dance, instead focusing on her magic, studying through the night

She copies "blood money" and "detect secret doors" to her deck

In regards to the prank, Brelin is a good person, she feels guilty about her mother and she unconsciously "tries" to be always in a bad place as a penance of sorts. So it is possible to wrench a smile from her here or there, it's just no easy. I'll wait for the prank to decide ;)


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

Wabbit spiked Brelins drink with a gnomish concoction such tricksy alchemists those gnomes

The purpose of the concoction is to turn the recipients teeth black. Brelin couldn't figure out why everyone was staring at HER and why the ill mannered Furnok was rolling on the floor laughing with bacon, til the ever-wary Cleo spoke up.

Maybe the black teeth temporary Brelin could forgive.... However the delayed side effect is a strong licorice taste which lasts about an hour.... Who doesn't love licorice? Wabbit sure does.

But apparently Brelin hates the taste... OOPS!


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Cleo's just getting back from scrubbing the pots in a nearby stream, when she is greeted by a delight of laughter. She smiles warmly, looking for the joke, when she notices Brelin's teeth.

"WABBIT <insert middle name, last name, and three or four names of his ancestors>!" she glowers at her cousin and chases him for a bit, to absolutely no avail.

Brelin, sorry I can't remember, do we know about your mother?

At the dinner, she is delighted to cook with the other woman, picking up all sorts of nice tricks, and the Spices are divine. She dances along with the music, happy to forget the weary tasks they are on for a moment. Later she plops down next to Brelin when she is dead tired and dozes with her head on the witch's shoulder (if allowed) while she writes.


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Furnok greatly enjoys a period of relaxation and end sup ysing all of his stash.

Or maybe he threw it into the fire so everyone else could enjoy it as well. A stoned pig was really, really funny.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Everyone wakes up from their restful sleep feeling exceptionally powerful and insightful. Welcome to level 7.

Feel free to backpost if you'd like to interact with each other more. Remember your gift peoples!! Free potion.

It took a little longer than expected, but this Starday, the party will definitely arrive at Magnimar. Cleo predicts a cloudy sky today, but no rain, and the clouds will give to clear skies by nightfall and remain that way into the next day. The Whisperwood opens up to pastures and farms, with a magnificent view of Magnimar in the distance. An unbelievably giant bridge, raised upwards at least a couple hundred feet, and spanning at least three times as long, looms above the stone city of Magnimar and a significant portion of the shores behind it. It is alabaster white, and the stone walls of Magnimar have been whitewashed to match.
While Furnok and Brelin don't encounter anything interesting during the trip, Cleo stumbles upon six chickens. It looks like they've escaped from a nearby farm.
When the party finally arrives at the stone walls of Magnimar, they see a collection of parked caravans just outside. A group of Varisian travelers have clustered around a particular caravan, and there's a suspicious tension in the air around them. It takes a moment, but Cleo realizes that the caravan once belonged to Ali, a fellow adventurer of her's.

Dice Rolls:

Furnok Scout: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Brelin Navigate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Cleo Provision: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Brelin Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 I'll get to this soon


Human Witch (Cartomancer) 7 AC:12/12/10(+4) HP:48/48 F:+5 R:+5 W:+8 Init: +6 Perception: +7

You know Wabbit Brelin says casually I have an aunt that's also a witch and she also likes to cook, like Cleo. Sho cooks... stranger things though. I could've sworn I saw a foot once on her cauldron. An halfling foot. Maybe I should introduce the two of you?

She then walks aways grumbling something about finding a spell to transform nagging children to frogs

I'm not sure if I talked about my mother, maybe when we had the visions, I have to check


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

I've heard how this is one big city but this might just be my first chance to take a real look inside. Get a hot bath and something other than stew or jerky.

Bwee!

Be careful Bacon, people here might try to eat you. Not recognizing what a smart guy you are


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

It would be common knowledge for locals of Sandpoint, but I'm not sure about anyone else. Brelin, did we ever decide on a name for your mother? Way back when we first introduced you, I accidentally mixed two tertiary NPCs together.

The main entrance to Magnimar has two guards stationed to speak with anyone entering the city. Unlike the guards of Sandpoint, these ones are wearing chainmail and have a longsword at the hip.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Awe is what the halfling felt seeing the city, having thought Sandpoint was big. Honestly the sheer size is daunting. "How will we ever find Anything in That!"

As they get near the gate, she yells "I know him! Ali!" Cleo shouts, and hurries up to caravan, looking for her wayward wizard friend.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Human Witch (Cartomancer) 7 AC:12/12/10(+4) HP:48/48 F:+5 R:+5 W:+8 Init: +6 Perception: +7

Here we go again Brelin rumbles as they approach the commotion

She stays a bit away though, letting her friends handle the talks


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Ali? Been a long time. Furnok heads on up.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Okay, I'm just going to pick potions for you guys.

Loot:

Cleo: Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds, caster level 3
Brelin: Potion of Delay Poison, caster level 3
Furnok: Potion of Levitate, caster level 3
Wabbit: Potion of Commune with Birds, caster level 3

Cleo sprints over to the caravan, with the others in tow. The group of Varisians hesitate when Cleo arrives, and just step aside as she goes past. She sees that the front door is open, with dried blood splashed upon it.

The caravan was never in good condition, but it has been thoroughly trashed. Inside, pots, pans, clothing, and all sorts of clutter lie amongst the bodies of two young men, a wallaby, and a young woman. Ali, Vandra, Jeaux the wallaby, and Shayliss. It is a gory scene, with dried blood splattered on the walls and windows. Vandra's been decapitated, Shayliss suffered a terrible slit throat. There's congealed blood on the floor, and the stench of decomposition has set in.
Investigation time. If you want to examine a body, make a check for each person.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Cleo's smile crashes, the color drains from her face, she just stops as her mind tries valiantly to catch up. It takes a bit, during which she almost collapses, more of her friends are dead. Turning to the nearest person who had been huddled like a bird of prey around a crime scene.

"They were my friends. Tell me what happened. Now."
diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Though small, her voice cares a tone of iron command they may never have heard from a halfling before.


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

Wabbit knows many of the Varisians who travel the roads in caravans in fact the wandering Wabbit has spent a great deal of time sharing the roads with them. Wabbit is known to the Varisians as good, cheerful, reliable company on the road. He appreciates their nomadic lifestyle and zest for life.

He did not know Shayliss and the others that well but is horrified and outraged nevertheless.

diplo: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
The diminuitive (even for a halfling) steps up to the whoever looks in charge Tell us whatever you know about this, by all that is Good and Holy so that we may avenge our friends and prevent other innocents from this cruel fate looking with concern at Cleo

Wabbit will begin checking the bodies after questioning the bystanders


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

No one looks to be in charge. Several of the Varisians look to be in shock, while the rest look on with stoic resilience. Cleo and Wabbit start asking questions, gathering little bits of information as they talk to each Varisian, and knock on the doors of other caravans. Most don't know much about this caravan, but over time, Cleo and Wabbit gain valuable pieces of information.

Treating this as gather information. Time doesn't have a real penalty here.
Time: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Information:

- The caravan has been there for at least two weeks. It had two horses pulling it, but the horses were taken into town at some point.
- There was a big, bipedal bear creature that associated with the young humans. It seemed friendly, at least to that group.
- One of the young men, the one with brown hair Vandra had a pet wallaby, which he referred to as 'mom'. He seemed to be with the young woman there, the striking redhead.
- Both of the men were arcane magic users

The following came from one Gnomish woman, who REALLY didn't want to talk about what she experienced, but the two investigators finally convinced her.
- Last night, there was a terrible scream. It came from the North, where the mysterious caravan was parked. Most of the caravans checked on their own people, but stayed away from the shaking caravan. Some left the city right then and there, and some left the morning after. When all the commotion was over, nothing less than a nightmare walked out that door. A monster who's skin was soaked in blood, wore the skin of humans as armour, had three eyes glowing yellow, and laughed so strangely, like a series of howls and barks in a woman's voice.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Cleo thanks the woman, as she thinks about what that thing might be...
knowledge um...: 1d20 ⇒ 7 +5 for nature, +11 for religion

Then she goes into the wagon, pushing back the horror, and tries to figure out what killed them.

heal: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


M Human Fighter 2

Furnok pales upon seeing the torn forms of his friends. Bloody hellfire! Just what would do such thinsg to them?

He begins to case the area, trying to find clues
Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Ali suffered a blunt impact to his nose, two slices from dagger sized weapons, and shows signs of strangulation. His genitals have been cut off, however this seems to have been done post-mortum. Cause of death: Strangulation by one hand around the neck.

Vandra received eight slashes from a dagger sized weapon, and three stab wounds. His head is missing from the scene. Cause of death: Uncertain

Jeaux's spine was severely damaged by blunt trauma, crippling her possibly to paralysis. She died from a sizable stab wound into her heart.

Shayliss has no signs of additional slashes or puncture wounds. Her throat has been slit open, which was the cause of death. Some of her hair seems to have been ripped out.

Heal Vandra: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Heal Jeaux: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Heal Shayliss: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Furnok is able to piece together much of the scene with his ability to spot footprints and other tiny signs. He can tell that a woman wearing boots entered the caravan by forcing the door open. Her first target was Jeaux, who was slammed into the floor, likely stood on. There is a glaive resting near her, which carries her blood on the tip. By then Ali and Vandra had rushed nearby to confront her. The fight looks to have lasted awhile, but Vandra took the worst of it. The murder weapon is not present. Vandra fell first, but his body was moved post-mortum where his head must have been removed, judging from the blood. Ali also falls, and his shortsword lies there, but he was dragged later into the bedroom. It looks like Shayliss was hiding in a closet, but the door has been ripped off and her body lies just in front of it. Ali's body is on the bed, and Furnok can confirm bloody boot prints on the sheets on either side.
Then the boots stride out of the caravan, onto the road and towards Magnimar.

7,401 to 7,450 of 7,728 << first < prev | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.