Treasurefox's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master TreasureFox

Starday, the 30th of Lamashan, 4711AR

Magnimar

Homebrew Rules
The Story So Far
Loot List


7,201 to 7,250 of 7,739 << first < prev | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | next > last >>

M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Well time is a wasten. Double time, just imagine we have the Tickwood goblins chasing us again.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Funnily enough, the Tickwood was the only location to not have a goblin population. No idea why. I think Paizo just didn't want goblins getting in the way of the boar hunt. There were the (TN) Birdcrunchers, who were destroyed and assimilated into the Thistletops. The Mosswoods, who were a very numerous and aggressive tribe. The... oh who were they again... the ones who delve into the Sandpoint dump and make stuff out of the refuse. I think it was that tribe that chased everyone. *looks up in book* SEVEN TOOTH! Crafty little buggers. The Licktoads in the Brinestump marsh, who are surprisingly intelligent. Finally the Thistletops, who honestly just had the best hideout. No one could invade their defenses and survive. It wasn't until Nualia showed up that they started worshipping Lamashtu.

The group races over to Sandpoint as quickly as they can, only to discover the sleepy village to be quite normal. The sun is at the highest point in the sky, not a cloud in sight. There's a guard standing at attention in the distance. People seem to be milling about doing their thing, blissfully unaware that there may or may not be a killer in their midst.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

"We should find the sheriff first" Cleo suggests, hurrying her short legs as fast as she can, keeping an eye out as best as possible.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Just looking for confirmation from people. Is that what people would like to do?


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

Yes let's check in with the sherif... Let him know what happened at foxglove and alert him to the danger and see if he has any info for us


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

no worries, Cleo as always is open to suggestions.


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Furnok makes a line drive for the sheriff's, with Cleo tucked under his arm like a wriggling footballAnyone wanna play Blood Bowl? We can use goblins and halflings as ball carriers


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

I'm a bloodbowl fan, and approve of this.

The group makes a beelinedrive to the Sheriff in the garrison. As they pass the townsfolk, there's a bit of a mixed reaction. Most stare at the bloodsoaked adventurers, but many show a thumbs up, and one even yells out "Did you take care of em?!"

When they arrive in the garrison, Sheriff Hemlock is sitting at a desk while wearing some light armour. He has a spear within arm's length. He looks up from his work and says "I hope that's ghoul blood on you. Welcome bac- is something wrong?"


hp 39/43 AC 17

We suspect Aldern is on his way back, or already here. Has anybody come into town while we were gone?


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Cleo yelps, kicks, and then gives in (cause she is slow).

"Ghoul blood, birds, pirates, goblins, bats, and quite a bit of mold." Cleo points out the various stains. "His house was a haunted mess. His grandfather or some earlier ancestor tried to become a lich long ago and infested his home instead with his spirit. The house is now gone, but Aldern escaped. He is a ghast, so it is unlikely he snuck in, since our town is quite familiar with the stench of the creatures by now, but still, we should be on the look out." Cleo fills in various details. "He killed a man, a merchant with a cart and took a horse within seeing distance here."


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Hemlock puts a hand up
"Woah, just a moment. Alright, so Aldern the ghast is near Sandpoint? He killed a man and took a horse, and the house was haunted but it's safe now?"

He thinks for a moment, staring holes into his desk and gritting his teeth.
"I haven't heard any commotion, so he must be in the woods waiting to ambush us like before, probably night time right? You could track the horse to find him. I don't know of anyone coming into town from the south road, but you could talk to Durven standing guard there."

He pulls out a map of the hinterlands around Sandpoint.
"Can you point whereabouts you found this man? What else can you tell me about him? I'd like to keep everyone inside the town right now, but once Aldern is dealt with, we should collect the body and give him a proper burial."


hp 39/43 AC 17

I point at the map, He's on this path, about half an hour away.

Wilhim stops and thinks. Going back for the horse might take to long, there's got to be some kind of sign, right?

I'm going to make an intelligence check since I don't have knowledge nature. You can decide if it's appropriate. With his stench, I think it would be likely if carrion birds were circling overhead in the area he's in. Intelligence check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

It's a class skill for you, so I'll consider you trained.

Wilhim figures that carrion birds would naturally be attracted to the stench of rotting flesh. This is absolutely true, however the frightening aura of undeath tends to keep animals at bay.


hp 39/43 AC 17

Wilhim is busy thinking. No, no that won't work. Dammit. I don't see any way to figure it out without tracking the horse.


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

I have some skill with fighten and tracking the undead, so I could start looking for things, like bit of undead skin lying around.


hp 39/43 AC 17

And we'd still need to go back. God I wish my buddy Harman was around.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

"Harman?" Cleo asks, trying to brush off her clothes, wondering (but doubting) that they have enough time to change.


Human Witch (Cartomancer) 7 AC:12/12/10(+4) HP:48/48 F:+5 R:+5 W:+8 Init: +6 Perception: +7

Brelin growls in frustation

What does he want, just to feed? He's an inteligent creature, we must find out what his motives are

She paces back and forth

Maybe he'll look for another haven? Some kind of lair? It must be an isolated spot, his stench will give him away otherwise. Animals will flee too, so is has to be a place with no animals or one where they won't be missed right away

This is probaly not enough to pin down a location but it might help narrow down on possible places, together with the traks maybe it gives a lead?

Ops, I've just realised I don't have knowledge local. Maybe someone else can roll?


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

As it so happens, it seems that no one has K.Local. You can always roll a straight intelligence check and if Local is a class skill, I'll treat it as trained. Otherwise, gathering information with Diplomacy is an option, as are divination spells.

Hemlock furrows his brow in both concentration and frustration. "Damn him. Where would he hide... Tell you what. We'll form search parties. Me n'Orik will search around town, while your group searches the wilds. If we find anything, I can signal you with a horn. What do you think?"


hp 39/43 AC 17

Sounds good to me. Wilhim turns to Cleo. An old friend of mine. I met him while learning thassilonian. He's a bit of a scholar of languages and he's also a diviner. Sadly, last I heard about him he'd joined an expedition into the Mwangi Expanse.


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

Signaling with horns or whistles sounds good to me. and then smacking his head for not thinking of it before do we have any of Alderns possessions that we could use for divination?


hp 39/43 AC 17

Wilhim looks over at Brelin. Did you bring that necromancy thing?


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

"I think the puzzlebox was his grandfathers, but if we have nothing else... wait I have his drawings!" Cleo rummages around in her pack. "They're gone!" she exclaims bewildered.


hp 39/43 AC 17

FUUUURNOOOK, You got some Splainin' to do.

What! No, those would have been perfect!


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Maybe he snuck into camp and stole them. Obsession is a nasty thing.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
hp 39/43 AC 17

Maybe, maybe we could use Furnok? Yes, yes, we could rig something up, have furnok call him to us with declarations of love.


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List
Wilhim wrote:
have furnok call him to us with declarations of love.

This might actually be the most brilliant thing I've ever read.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

Despite the horrors they've seen Cleo is clearly struggling not to giggle. Aggah looks confused.


hp 39/43 AC 17

Nah, that's a horrible idea. Too bad we don't have those pictures. Still, using Furnok as bait might work.


HP 64/64 | AC 27 | T 23 | FF 14 | CMD 21| F +12| R +14 | W +9 | SPD 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +9 Panache 3/3, Stunning Fist 1/1, Dirty Trick tattoo 3/3, Rage 6/6, Weal's Champion 1rd/day, LOH 3/4

we could set Furnok up on a hilltop with wine and candles. Aldern won't be able to resist Wabbit says between laughs


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Yea, then I could give him a great big kiss in the face with my hammer.


hp 39/43 AC 17

But seriously, Furnok, I know you hated those pictures, did you take them? If so we only need one, you can burn the rest as far as I care.


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

I'm no thief, plus I think some nice fresh meat is just the thing to lure him in.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

"I could have forgotten to pack them, we were in a hurry to get out of the crumbling building." Cleo says "We'll start searching in the wilds. Maybe we can go back to the victim and see if we can follow the horse's tracks?"

Furnok, you have survival correct?


hp 39/43 AC 17

Sense motive on Furnok's lie: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Survival, yep. Plus bonus vs. undead


Human Witch (Cartomancer) 7 AC:12/12/10(+4) HP:48/48 F:+5 R:+5 W:+8 Init: +6 Perception: +7

inteligence check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

I don't like the ideia of wandering around in the wilds but honestly, I don't have a better ideia


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

As Hemlock grabs his spear, he says "Well whatever happens, you lot be careful. I know you're all capable, but this guy has sneaked into town... oh that reminds me, Furnok, Zantus told me yesterday that your old grave was dug up. Apparently it happened some time ago and we missed it with all the commotion when the ghouls invaded. You wouldn't know anything about that would you?"

Orik comes down from the tower and joins the conversation. He's wearing normal leather armour at the moment. The first thing he says is "Hey, where's Helgarr?"


hp 39/43 AC 17

She left. Wilhim replied, We had an argument and parted ways.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

"She... went to the ship. They had pirate trouble. Other than that, we don't know." Cleo tells with.

She'll give Furnok a moment to answer the question about his grave, then she'll suggest going back to the victim.


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Furnok scratches his head. I'm afraid not. Being dead, getting back up and running around that haunted mansion has taken up all my time. Hole I woke up in filled in after Bacon and his pigs dug me out.

OINK! Bacon agrees.


Human Witch (Cartomancer) 7 AC:12/12/10(+4) HP:48/48 F:+5 R:+5 W:+8 Init: +6 Perception: +7

Brelin moves outside, impatiently wanting to start the hunt


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

"Well I don't know what happened there, but it's odd just talking about a grave that's no longer in use." Says Hemlock

Orik looks particularly dejected as the group heads out to start their tracking. Sheriff Hemlock and Orik start their rounds in the village, searching for abandoned buildings and other hideaways.

The party travels a ways back and begins searching for tracks. Furnok immediately discovers the tracks of two creatures, one of which is a heavyset humanoid wearing boots, and the other are the hoofprints of an ox. Both of them reek, but the humanoid ones moreso. The tracks make their way east, ignoring the road and just walking over the hills. They cross the Turandarok river close to Sandpoint, and then enter the Ravenroost forest.

Furnok track1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Furnok track2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29


hp 39/43 AC 17

We should have brought a horn of our own now that I think about it. Wilhim whispers as his skins shifts colors to match the foliage and trees. Furnok, point me in the right direction. I'll scout ahead to make sure we're not ambushed.


Female Halfling Cleric 7 AC:21(22)/14/17 HP:45/45 F:+7 R: +6 W: +11(+2 vs fear) Init: +3 Perception: +5, channel 5/5, ::: Aggah 39/39hp

"At least it is easy enough to know we're going in the right directing." Cleo comments on the smell.


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

Hmm..I wonder if I was still in my old grave and somehow in my new grave. Something about a cat being in two places at once.


hp 39/43 AC 17

Wilhim rolls his eyes at being ignored by furnok and just heads forward in the direction he'd been moving, hoping the tracks didn't take a turn. Wilhim moves about thirty feet in front of the party motioning for them to stay back as he slinks into the bushes. Sneak: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


DM Intervention 1/1 l Loot List

Wilhim seems to be sneaking pretty well, mostly due to his size and chameleon capabilities. Fortunately for him, the Ravenroost forest is very small, not even half a mile across.

Furnok is the first to notice a variety of signs. The silence of all wildlife, wicked claw marks in a nearby tree, and the stink of undeath. He can spot the hoofprints, but can't see any boot prints from whom he assumes must be Aldern.
This will provide you with a moment to make any preparations.

Right when the first sound is made, Brelin spots a figure standing 30 feet up a tree, upon a large branch. It is a stocky man, hardly the skinny frame that Aldern was known for. She also spots a large ox, standing eerily still about 30 feet to the side.


M Ghast Ranger 5

The figure seems to have noticed them. It stands tall, and in a gruff voice, yells

"You have destroyed everything I hold dear! My idol, my home, my plans. Now I will take all of that from you!"


M Human Ranger 7 HP 72/72,AC18T12FF16,F7R7W4,Init6,Per12

There..that is me. Is this real life? Is this fantasy? If we get into a fight would the world explode due to there being to mes? Furnok is having issues.

7,201 to 7,250 of 7,739 << first < prev | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.