The Shining Hosts - Way of the Wicked Gameplay

Game Master Dennis Harry

The Horn

Lower Caverns

Initiative:

Dramatis Personae
Nathaniel [dice]1d20 + 5[/dice]
Grumblejack [dice]1d20 + 1[/dice]
Aurex [dice]1d20 + 2[/dice]
Alice [dice]1d20 + 2[/dice]
Errisaigh [dice]1d20+4[/dice]
Havelyn [dice]1d20+2[/dice]

Perception:

Dramatis Personae
Nathaniel [dice]1d20 + 5[/dice]
Grumblejack [dice]1d20 - 1[/dice]
Aurex [dice]1d20 + 5[/dice]
Alice [dice]1d20 + 2[/dice]
Errisaigh [dice]1d20+7[/dice]
Havelyn [dice]1d20+10[/dice]


1 to 50 of 2,555 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Shadow's Status

Gameplay Thread

Way of the Wicked:Heralds of Hell

Wicked Path's Way of the Wicked


Shadow's Status
Soren Marsailles wrote:

"Who are you... not human, certainly. How would you know a way out? It seems they keep you shuttered away quite well." She says this all without looking over to the other cell, still looking at the veil in front of her. Soren hands the dagger off to Shalewigg without a word, having noticed her eyeing it. She looks to the rest of the group, drumming her fingers on the table. "That is a question, isn't it? We may be able to forge ourselves a path out through blood, but we may also get cut down. Alternatively, we may be able to attempt some level of subterfuge. Depending on what we find in this plethora of surprises..."

Soren looks again to the veil, and decides to peel the bag from its place on the veil, along with the second dagger. "I believe the woman mentioned clothes, of some sort. I do not know if they would have included armor, but it will allow us to remove these prisoner's rags." She takes the bag as she moves over to the other cell, peering inwards. "And you... another wildcard. You look... an ogre. A Talirean ogre. Come, speak with me. What do you know?" She swings the keys around between her fingers slowly, clearly in front of his gaze. "If you can be trusted, and prove valuable, we will speak of releasing you from your cage."

Grumblejack replies, his voice rumbling from his chest like thunder, "I know that guardsh are just beyond that door. I know that they will blow a horn if you shtep through those doorsh. I know that without me, you'll be caught again and chained, thish time not to eshcape again. Help me, help you".

Soren:
The Ogre appears slightly drugged. As you peer through the bars you see he wears a loincloth only and is manacled to the walls by ankles and wrists though he has enough chain to move about a bit. He is also clearly injured and has not had his wounds healed from whatever event brought him here.
The existence of Ogres is by law illegal. They are simply not allowed to dwell within the Kingdom. If he is here, he is likely from the Savage North.


Shadow's Status

Xoruk, Soren, Shalewigg

Besides the conversation between Soren and Grumblejack you hear nothing else. Getting a chance to take in your surroundings you see that this level contains five separate prisons. currently you are the only prisoners here.

The sixth room which is blocked off from the rest of the area by cement contains a heavy duty gate and is where the Ogre is currently being held.

There is a single door to the south but no windows. It is likely on the other side of this door that, if the Ogre is correct, a second set of guards is on duty.

The walls must be thick as your initial combat with the stubborn guard was not exactly a silent affair.

Damien shrugs, "Perhaps Ogre but perhaps not. How many men man this prison? If we defeat the first wave, who is to say the rest will not overwhelm us? We may be better off attempting to escape by guile than by brawn".


Shadow's Status

Vaundor, Nathaniel, Pyotr

The long ride in the back of the armored wagon has been most unpleasant. Shackled in a hunched over position, wrists at your ankles and ankles to the floor has long ago wrenched your backs from agony into numbness.

Every so often a shriek can he heard from somewhere nearby, the guards who sit in the wagon with crossbows trained on you appear nervous with every screech.

"That damnable beast should have simply been put down! I do not see why it should have come here with us!" states one of the guards.

"Soon enough we shall have transported this scum to the Prison and back well away from this place. Then it will be the Wardens problem". The other guards replies.

The wagon reaches cobblestones and begins to shake even worse than it did on the dirt road.

From the front of the wagon you hear a voice, "Begin to prepare the prisoners for transport".

The guards release your manacles from the floor and you are all able to sit up for the first time in a long time.

"OPEN THE GATES" the voice from the front of the wagon shouts.

You hear the sound of the portcullis being raised. Make Perception checks DC 15.

As the wagon begins moving again, sacks are laced over each of your heads.

One of the guards states, "By all means resist, it will be easier to gut you like the pigs you are here and now instead of trudging into this depressing place".

The doors to the wagon open, even through the sacks you can see the shining light of the day but little else.

As you step down from the wagon, you hear the shrieking even louder now.

A distinctive voice can be heard above the alarmed cries of the guards obviously dismayed by whatever beast is making the sounds, "Worry not, the beast is shackled and will be of no harm to anyone".

Nathaniel:
Th voice you just heard is the voice of the "Dr" from the Sanitarium quite close by.

Each of you feels a hand pushing you forward.

What do you do?

Dark Archive

Count Kristos Von Struker Half-Drow Hedgewitch 1/UC Rouge 3 | HP [29/29] | AC 16 | Fort +1 / Ref +7 / Will +5 | Init +3 | Perception +12 | Concoction 4/day | Channel Spirit 4/day | Charmer 2/day | Bluff +15, Diplomacy +14 |

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Vaundour Gathlain, Gentleman Extraordinaire, gazed through the roughly-woven fabric of the sack placed over his head. His voice is calm and smooth as he speaks to the guards around him. "Come now, gentlemen, there's no reason for this kind of attitude, is there? I mean, none of us particularly want to be here, least of all a noble son like I, so let's try to keep things civilized. By the way, what is that damnable racket?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


(Alias: Nicholas Terren) Male Human Dragonrider 5/Bard 1 | AC 18, Touch 15, FF 13 | HP 47/47 | F +5, R +8, W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8

Oh cool, Aurex is with us!

Nathaniel is balled up like a traumatized child, holding his head and gritting his teeth. No! Why did I have to ruin it, why?! It was going so well, but that shock...I just blacked out. I must have done something awful, they won't even treat me like a person anymore. With another grit he shakes his head, holding it tighter. Should have stayed at that kitchen job, should have stayed in the woods, should have just ended it all...

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Nathanial cries out at the voice, clawing at his temples when he realizes the others reacted to the statement. Doctor Sulta? He stands up, alive for the first time the whole trip. "Doctor! Doctor please, I didn't meant to do it! It was the voices, the damnable voices! Please, I had them under control for so long...you know I can keep them under control..." He sinks back to his knees, knowing it's futile. He allows himself to be blinded and shoved along, but his sobs subside quickly. Sssoon. You shall be the ones who are gutted. Entrails ripped out and eaten as you lay dying. Soon. Nathanial goes silent, but underneath the bag he has a bloodthirsty grin on.


Male Dwarven Clinician 1 [ HP: 15/15 | AC: 18, T: 18, FF: 15 | CMD: 20 | F: +6, R: +5, W: +7 (+3 vs. poison, spells and spell-likes) | Init: +5, Per: +9 | TA: 8/8, SF: 1/1 | PP: 4/4 ]

A note, Xoruk was my previous character, so you can feel free to NPC him until such time as you decide what to do with him.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Sinking into his seat with a sack over his head, Pyotr attempts to ignore the seething pain in his back as he hears the portcullis opening. The dwarf seethes quietly, not interested in conversation with his captors.


Shadow's Status

A gruff voice responds to Vaundor's question, "That racket is a dragon. You keep taking and I might feed you to it to shut it up!"

While the response was short, you notice that the guard stops manhandling you and allows you to walk on your own using his hand to merely guide you.

Nathaniel & Pyotr:
It was not one but two portcullis' being opened. Both were opened at the same time, whether this is routine or a way to keep prisoners disoriented if they seek to make an escape you do not know. By reputation, no one has ever escaped from this place.

Pyotr:
OK, gotcha, that many more DMPC's to play with :-)


Female female human brawler 1/witch (floodwalker) 2 HP: 16/16 | AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10 | CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1, Per: +9* | S: 1st: 2/2 ]

The pretty ravenhaired girl takes the dagger offered by Soren, cutting two holes in her prison garb to serve as a makeshift sheath.

"There are guards to swarm the three of us, yes. But there are more prisoners than guards. The more we set free, the fewer guards there are for us."

Dark Archive

Count Kristos Von Struker Half-Drow Hedgewitch 1/UC Rouge 3 | HP [29/29] | AC 16 | Fort +1 / Ref +7 / Will +5 | Init +3 | Perception +12 | Concoction 4/day | Channel Spirit 4/day | Charmer 2/day | Bluff +15, Diplomacy +14 |

"Very good, man. We'll make a gentleman out of you yet, don't you worry about a thing," Vaundour exclaimed, moving his head around as though taking in the various sights. "I say, this is a rather dreary place. Have you ever thought about redecorating? Maybe add in a few drapes, make a couple more windows? Why, I dare say this place could make the cover of Prisons Quarterly for best in show!"

Note: Since he is hooded, Vaundour doesn't really know what this place looks like. He's just making conversation because he doesn't really know how to shut up.


Female Tiefling Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 5
Spoiler:
HP: 19/40 | AC: 18, T: 15, FF: 13 | CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +8 | Init: +8, Perception: +11 | Spell Slots: 5|3
(Alias: Lydia Kallin)

"Why keep one of your kind locked away? It doesn't make sense... Talingarde has not shown mercy to ogres in the past. What reason would they have for keeping you squirreled away here in Branderscar?" Soren looks to the others, curious for their take on the situation. The key ring spins idly on one finger, weighing their options.

"If he is correct, he would be an excellent ally to assist in our escape. We know nothing of the guards who man this place... any information he might possess in valuable, if it can be trusted."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Shadow's Status

Lothryin Harad

The rumble of a set of wagons brings your attention to the window. Shuffling along in your manacles you head over to see what new arrivals have been brought in.

Stepping out of the first prison transport are three males. Two appear as tall as humans, hard to tell with their heads covered, while the third is clearly a dwarf.

Still the sound that caught your attention was not these doomed fools but a shrieking the likes of which you have never heard before. Looking to the second transport you see it - a red dragon!

Warden Richter snaps you back to attention with a shout, "Prisoner Harad! If you wish to obtain the lighter sentence we spoke of, you will attend to your duties and be quick about it!" Months have gone by with the Warden keeping the promise of potential freedom dangling before you like a carrot before a horse. You are starting to think that you will never leave here and have become the Warden's personal slave...


Shadow's Status

Vaundor, Nathaniel, Pyotr

Nathaniel, you feel a sharp kick to the ribs from one of the guards, "Get up you sobbing fool!"

The sound of shifting gravel nears your position Nathaniel and the voice of Dr. Sulta is very close, "NO! Do not kick him. He is a special case and not to be harmed".

The guard retorts, "Well you better fix him up quick. Crazy talk like that Blackerly is going to be none too happy with".

The Dr. shoots back, "Blackerly does not run this Prison, Richter does!"

Pyotr you are dragged out of teh back of the transport and shoved forward as all the scuffling around you takes place.

Vaundor the guard with a hand on you chuckles, "You sound like my wife. Don't worry, you won't be here long enough to get upset by the appearance of this place with where you are going next". He has stopped guiding you forward as the altercation between the guard and the Dr. takes place.


Shadow's Status

Soren & Shalewigg

Grumblejack chuckles, "I'll not take the sshide of the guardshhh. How can I trusssht you?

Perhapsssh after you free me, you can take care of my woundsssh else i will be lessshh valuable to you...

Damien scowls, "Now you want us to free you and heal you?"

Xoruk stares at the Ogre hard, "You'll do what we say creature. Betray us and I will being my infernal masters upon your head".

Intimidate 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Soren:
The Ogre seems genuine from what you can tell. Why he is here does not matter as much as the fact THAT he is here. A useful distraction if nothing else...


(Alias: Nicholas Terren) Male Human Dragonrider 5/Bard 1 | AC 18, Touch 15, FF 13 | HP 47/47 | F +5, R +8, W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8

Nathanial grunts and doubles over at the kick, grabbing his ribs. Not now, not now, not now not now... With a grit of his teeth he stands and staggers forward. The dragon is not so easily cowed.


(Alias: Patrick) Male Red Dragon Bonded Dragon 5 | AC 20 (24), Touch 11, FF 18 | HP 51/51 | F +6, R +6, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +7

"RAAAAAHHHRRRGG!!!" The cage shakes as the dragon slams up against it, roaring out spittle in a deafening roar a the metal screams in protest. I will bathe in your blood for daring to cage me, meatbags.


Laurence Hail Male Ifrit Oracle 5 / Crossblooded Sorcerer 1

Ahh, Warden Richter, aren't you a charmer. Lothyrin smiles as he glances back at the warden, I have been preforming these tasks for you for quite a while, with freedom being the promised reward. This payment has been withheld from me, and until I receive what I am due, I will not lift a finger, Flyn spat at the Warden. A dragon at Branderscar, what is going on. Maybe this is my chance to finally escape this hell hole, and extract my revenge on that pompous so called "Witch Hunter"
Just so I know what should I assume I have been doing for the warden

Dark Archive

Count Kristos Von Struker Half-Drow Hedgewitch 1/UC Rouge 3 | HP [29/29] | AC 16 | Fort +1 / Ref +7 / Will +5 | Init +3 | Perception +12 | Concoction 4/day | Channel Spirit 4/day | Charmer 2/day | Bluff +15, Diplomacy +14 |

Vaundour just chuckles and he makes his way forward on his own. "Don't worry, I'm too pretty to die, my friend," Vaundour says, walking carefully to keep from tripping over any loose stones. "But it seems like that dragon is mighty hungry. Maybe you should go give it a steak or something?" Vaundour laughs at his little joke, trying to figure out how he was going to get out of this fine mess, Ollie.


Shadow's Status
Lothryin Harad wrote:

Ahh, Warden Richter, aren't you a charmer. Lothyrin smiles as he glances back at the warden, I have been preforming these tasks for you for quite a while, with freedom being the promised reward. This payment has been withheld from me, and until I receive what I am due, I will not lift a finger, Flyn spat at the Warden. A dragon at Branderscar, what is going on. Maybe this is my chance to finally escape this hell hole, and extract my revenge on that pompous so called "Witch Hunter"

Just so I know what should I assume I have been doing for the warden

"Perhaps a stay in the cells will activate those fingers? Is that what you feel you need a reminder of what doom feels like breathing down your neck?"

The Warden is tapping into forbidden lore, same thing that brought you here. For scholarly purposes though not to gain power from a dark patron.

Dark Archive

Male Human Magus (Kensai, Bladebound) 1
Stats:
| AC 16 T 15 FF 11 | HP 11/11 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init +6 | Perc +0

Am I supposed to fight this Warden and attempt to escape, or wait it out for others because I'm assuming this is something you made up to bring me in but, I am not sure how to play it.


Shadow's Status
Flyn Rider wrote:
Am I supposed to fight this Warden and attempt to escape, or wait it out for others because I'm assuming this is something you made up to bring me in but, I am not sure how to play it.

Fighting the Warden is not a great idea. You have spells but you already know based on your time with him you would be overmatched 1 on 1. Certainly the intro of most of these new characters i had to wing as the AP does not account for staggered introductions .Play it as you think the character would is really all I can say at this time though combat should be last resort for you in your current predicament.


Male Dwarven Clinician 1 [ HP: 15/15 | AC: 18, T: 18, FF: 15 | CMD: 20 | F: +6, R: +5, W: +7 (+3 vs. poison, spells and spell-likes) | Init: +5, Per: +9 | TA: 8/8, SF: 1/1 | PP: 4/4 ]

Pyotr grumbles under his breath, wordlessly obeying his captors. Underneath his hood, his eyes glow with barely restrained rage, and the dwarf wishes for nothing more than to crush the minds of those who dare restrain him. Bound as he is, however, his fury is aimless and impotent.


Female female human brawler 1/witch (floodwalker) 2 HP: 16/16 | AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10 | CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1, Per: +9* | S: 1st: 2/2 ]

Shalewigg cocks her head sideways and looks at the ogre.

"I can bind wounds or fashion a poultice if any of your wounds are fresh. But if your goal is not to leave with each of us in one piece, then you can stay. Are we agreed?"

Sense Motive roll for his answer 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Dark Archive

Male Human Magus (Kensai, Bladebound) 1
Stats:
| AC 16 T 15 FF 11 | HP 11/11 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init +6 | Perc +0

Lothyrin responds with a smirk,Doom makes me feel right at home, speaking of which are we done, I want to get back to my cell soon' this room seems rather dreary


Shadow's Status

Soren and Shalewigg

The Ogre rumbles, "Agreed".

He seems to be telling the truth you sense Xoruk's claim has him a bit shaken.

Damien heads to the wall and grabs what looks to be a single key ring with the key to the lock and manacles for the Ogres cell.

He heads to the door and opens it he then steps in and frees the Ogre.

The Ogre comes out rubbing his wrists. In the torchlight of the room you get a better view of him. He is indeed injured from prior wounds which have yet to fully heal. You also realize that despite his great height he is no full Ogre but a half-breed!

He sits on the table to allow Shalewigg to tend to his wounds.

Xoruk turns to Soren, "Now that's out of the way, what else is on that veil you received from our mystery benefactor? Something else useful that may assist us here?"

Damien begins removing his prison rags and placing the uniform of one of the dead prisoners on his person. "You think if I shave and chop off my hair I can pass for one of em?"


Shadow's Status

Vaundor, Nathaniel, Pyotr

The guard shoots back, "Fine Dr. you lead thus lot to their cells then. Can we execute this Dragon now? It is far too dangerous to keep here even with the manacles and the steel muzzle".

Dr. Sulta replies, "Keep the Dragon, Aurex by name it is not a mere beast, here in the transport. Once the prisoners are settled in, I will speak to the Warden about executing the Ogre still held. His death was supposed to be scheduled for later this season but we need that cage for Aurex".

Nathaniel you feel Dr. Sulta's hand on your back, "Come now. I shall get you to your cell. I have arranged for a separate one for you. I know we can help you, this place is less.. pleasant than the asylum but more capable in dealing with your other... selves".

The guard with a hand on you Vaundor lets go for a moment.

Pyotr you feel a guard grab at your manacles, more gently then you would have suspected. "Come along, time to visit your new home, for the time being anyway".

You group, still with heads covered, is led through a doorway and to a set of stairs heading up. Based on the feel of the sun on your bodies before heading in, you would say the time is just about sun down.


Shadow's Status

Lothyrin

The Warden shakes his head, "The get out", he casts a spell on you and points to the window that faces the Courtyard.

Spellcraft check DC 11:
The Warden cast Feather Fall on you.

"If you are not out that window when I am done counting to three, you will no longer have to worry about feeling anything.

One...

Please post with your Lothyrin avatar moving forward. Thanks!

Dark Archive

Count Kristos Von Struker Half-Drow Hedgewitch 1/UC Rouge 3 | HP [29/29] | AC 16 | Fort +1 / Ref +7 / Will +5 | Init +3 | Perception +12 | Concoction 4/day | Channel Spirit 4/day | Charmer 2/day | Bluff +15, Diplomacy +14 |

I'm actually not sure when to pull of my daring escape. Should we wait till our party encounters the others?


Shadow's Status
Vaundour"The Gentleman"Gathlain wrote:
I'm actually not sure when to pull of my daring escape. Should we wait till our party encounters the others?

Hooded and manacled as you are even Houdini would have a hard time escaping from this current predicament. It of course is up to you to decide when to try...

Dark Archive

Count Kristos Von Struker Half-Drow Hedgewitch 1/UC Rouge 3 | HP [29/29] | AC 16 | Fort +1 / Ref +7 / Will +5 | Init +3 | Perception +12 | Concoction 4/day | Channel Spirit 4/day | Charmer 2/day | Bluff +15, Diplomacy +14 |

Good point!

Vaundour plodded along quietly, keep all thoughts to himself...

In some alternate universe perhaps! Vaundour practically strutted down the hallway, though forcing himself to keep pace with the rest of his new roommates. "Does anybody else feel a draft? You should really get that checked out," he exclaimed to the guards following them. "Also, when are meals served? I expect my food at 9, 1, and 5 respectfully, and I hope that your kitchen is stocked with food befitting someone of my station."


Male Dwarven Clinician 1 [ HP: 15/15 | AC: 18, T: 18, FF: 15 | CMD: 20 | F: +6, R: +5, W: +7 (+3 vs. poison, spells and spell-likes) | Init: +5, Per: +9 | TA: 8/8, SF: 1/1 | PP: 4/4 ]

Beneath his hood, Pyotr rolls his eyes. The dwarf finally opens his mouth to say in a gruffly accented voice, "Hope you are of liking old bread and water."


Shadow's Status

Vaundor, Nathaniel, Pyotr

The guard with his hands on both the shoulders of the dwarf and the half-breed chuckles, "Yer a funny no doubt. You will need that humor where you are headed, trust me.

Dwarf is right, bread and water is the best you'll get here".

As your group reaches a set of stairs and begins to head up, a set of footsteps comes rushing towards your group quickly, "STOP! Warden says he has one more to head up with this lot. Best you all bring em up together, I have a game... er some duties to attend to else I'd help".


Female female human brawler 1/witch (floodwalker) 2 HP: 16/16 | AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10 | CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1, Per: +9* | S: 1st: 2/2 ]

1d1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

If the ogre has bleed damage, that condition is stopped. If you allow the 1d3 healing bit (I can't remember if that's a house rule or what)I'll roll it below. If you can give me a diagnosis at that DC, I'll take it.

Heal ogre for 1d3 ⇒ 3 points

The murderous farm girl turns, with a serious expression. "We'll see if a disguise gets us closer before any alarms. If not, I'll spell the guard on the left and our new friend here can handle the guard on the right."

She ties a bit of torn cloth over a clot of dirt and blood from the felled soldier. Looking up at the ogre, she affirms her plan.

"Can't you, big fella?"

Shining Host

Spoiler:
In her earlier boasting, Shalewigg sensed the presence of her familiar as sort of a roleplay thing. If hes within a mile. her link restores. If he's outside of a mile, he goes to a wooded area where she can meet with him and use terrain to cover her escape. Using Survival or the connection with Trelmarixian, which compass direction should she retreat to once she escapes?


Shadow's Status

Soren and Shalewigg

Grumblejack looks down at you Shalewigg, "Little'un, I'd crush 'em both if I had to. Can I get one of those boarstickers dey call swords?" he is pointing at one of the longswords that the Guard had.

Xoruk hovers over one of the dead guards, "Ready when you all are". It seems he will have a use for at least one of them.

Damien shrugs at Grumblejack's question, "I want one, you can have the other. Anyone else object?"

OK, let's do a little inventory here.
Guards (2) Equipment -
Longswords (2) - Damien has 1,
Longbow (2) - No one has claimed either,
Arrows (40),
Chain Shirt (2) - Damien equips 1,
Heavy Steel Shields (2) - Damien equips 1,
Club (2) Soren it seems has 1,
Keys (2 separate sets).
The Veil -
Daggers (2) - Soren has 1 Shalewigg, the other,
Thieves' Tools, Masterwork (1) Soren has those as well.
What symbols are still on the Veil?
A Lantern,
A Rope,
A sack,
What appears to be a window,
A small vial,
Another small bag, and
A Symbol Knowledge Religion DC 12 to determine a
symbol of what.


Shadow's Status
Shalewigg wrote:

Shining Host

** spoiler omitted **

Shalewigg:
You sense the presence of your familiar slightly to the north but mainly east.

(Alias: Nicholas Terren) Male Human Dragonrider 5/Bard 1 | AC 18, Touch 15, FF 13 | HP 47/47 | F +5, R +8, W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8

The hostile guards and constant threats are becoming too much for Nathanial. The voice of Aurex fades as the dragon lapses into silence, only to be replaced by Hadzi. He falls to his knees in front of the doctor. "No...I don't want to cause any trouble! The ogre will be mad if he's killed because of me, I don't want him mad! Please, Aurex can stay with me. He'll be good, I swear!" Rubani is starting to whisper, but he's being overpowered by the paranoia.

Dark Archive

Male Human Magus (Kensai, Bladebound) 1
Stats:
| AC 16 T 15 FF 11 | HP 11/11 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init +6 | Perc +0

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Alas warden I apologize if my decisions have cause you grief, but as you wish. I really enjoyed our visit, please do invite me again soon, Flyn said with a sarcastic grin as he jumped through the window, his last words faintly being heard as he falls.


Shadow's Status

Lothryin Harad

The Warden cast feather fall on you.

As you slowly drift towards the southern end of the courtyard, the newly arrived transports drift out of sight.

Two guards on the walls walk into your view and point their crossbows at you. "Head to the front of the building Prisoner!" It seems the Warden has used magic to alert the guards of your current predicament. As he has not had you lain outright, it seems the Warden is not quite doen with you.

What do you do?

Please post with the Lothryin Avatar :-)


Shadow's Status

Edit, slain not Lain Lothryin was the word I meant to use.


Laurence Hail Male Ifrit Oracle 5 / Crossblooded Sorcerer 1

Ugh why do i keep doing that let me set it as default, I am very sorry. Were you trying to say that the warden wasn't down with me.


Laurence Hail Male Ifrit Oracle 5 / Crossblooded Sorcerer 1

Fly said with a bow,As you wish my fine gentleman, however I must say that your aggression is not appreciated. I will do as told, please lead the way.

Dark Archive

Count Kristos Von Struker Half-Drow Hedgewitch 1/UC Rouge 3 | HP [29/29] | AC 16 | Fort +1 / Ref +7 / Will +5 | Init +3 | Perception +12 | Concoction 4/day | Channel Spirit 4/day | Charmer 2/day | Bluff +15, Diplomacy +14 |

"Oh, goody, more new friends!" Vaundour said excitedly. "I swear, you meet the most interesting people when you step out your front door. Why, just the other day, I met a woman, married to a prison guard, you know, and she had the loveliest mane of blond hair I've ever seen. Both above and below, if you catch my drift." Though it was unnoticed with the bag covering his head, he gave a salacious wink to the guards nearby. "I do believe she said her husband worked here, if I recall correctly. Would any of you chaps happen to know of her? I promised to give her a call, and a gentleman never goes back on his word to a lady. Though she was hardly a lady in the bedroom!" With that, Vaundour started laughing deeply.


Female Tiefling Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 5
Spoiler:
HP: 19/40 | AC: 18, T: 15, FF: 13 | CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +8 | Init: +8, Perception: +11 | Spell Slots: 5|3
(Alias: Lydia Kallin)

Soren looks to the ogre, then tosses him a sword as she picks up one of the two longbows. "Seems these will have to do... very well." With that, she strips down one of the two guards, making sure the two are dead before she turns away. With utter nonchalance, she slices a hole into the back of the man's trousers, then strips her own prison rags and dons his uniform, along with the chain shirt. Once she is again dressed, she looks at the clothes with some level of disgust.

"Shall we? I believe it is time that we make our grand escape."


Shadow's Status

Lothryin Harad

As you respond to the guards you see yet another guard come around the building, longsword in hand. These are some of the best looks you have had of the grounds so far.

Your time as the Wardens "helper" allowed you to see that the prison is an island with only a lone bridge back to the mainland. The areas around the prison appear to be all crags, no beach here.

Looking up, the walls are an imposing 40' high and well made stone. The five battlements placed around the walls do not all appear to be manned though the two crossbowmen on these walls are enough to shoot down numerous prisoners before they could ever scale those walls.

Eecape seems impossible as the guard approaches you at swordpoint and walks you back around the Keep to the front entrance where the three prisoners you saw earlier await hooded.

Vaundor, Nathaniel, Pyotr

Dr. Sulta speaks to Nathaniel, "You see, this man is in good spirits despite the fact that he may son be dead! Keep a positive outlook Nathaniel, I can and will help you!"

The other two guards do not take Vaundour's bait as the third guard who made the announcement walks off, his footsteps receding into the distance somewhere in the building.

Lothryin, Vaundor, Nathaniel, Pyotr

Two more sets of footsteps join you soon thereafter.

One of the guards remarks, "That prisoner should have a hood over his head!"

"Yeah well he doesn't. The faster we get him and the rest of this scum locked up the better".

Dr. Sulta responds, "Please do not speak of Nathaniel that way, his self image is already damaged..."

The newly arrived guard sighs, "Dr. once we lock him up, I will take you the the Warden to discuss your craziness with him but for now, shut up!"

The four of you, together now though only one of you can see, are walked up a set of stairs with a door closed at the top...


Shadow's Status

Soren and Shalewigg

Damien grabs the other longbow, "Let's", he responds to Soren emphatically.

Damien opens the door and steps out, the stale odor of prison is replaced by the smell of salt water and a slight whiff of booze.

From the vantage point of the open door, you can all see a very large fireplace to the immediate south. Next to it is a table where two guards sit with a bottle and a few glasses. On the table between them is a horn, instinctively you all know that if that horn sounds you are all in big trouble.

The table where the guards sit is 20' from your door.

One of the guards looks at Damien, "It's not time for your shift to be over yet!" he snaps.

Shining Host:
Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

His eyes go wide, "It's one of the prisoners..."

Before either of these men can react, you all have surprise actions.

Shining Host:

Shalewigg 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Soren 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Xoruk 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damien 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Grumblejack 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

Initiative Order Surprise Round
Damien
Soren
Shalewigg
Xoruk
Grumblejack

Round 1 - Damien

He charges with his longsword before him, hacking the horn in twain, "None of that now!" It has been rendered useless!

The PC's are up!


(Alias: Nicholas Terren) Male Human Dragonrider 5/Bard 1 | AC 18, Touch 15, FF 13 | HP 47/47 | F +5, R +8, W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8

Nathanial looks taken aback at the declaration of his death. But doctor, I thought I was doing better...I thought we could fix me..."


Shadow's Status

Dr. Sulta responds, "Pay him no mind Nathaniel, the Warden is a close friend of mine he and I have reached an understanding in your case..."


(Alias: Nicholas Terren) Male Human Dragonrider 5/Bard 1 | AC 18, Touch 15, FF 13 | HP 47/47 | F +5, R +8, W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8

"A close friend of yours? He must be a nice man, I look forward to meeting him." He says with a grim smile. Aurex looks noticeably resigned.


Shadow's Status

Dr. Sulta replies, "Indeed he is Nathaiel, indeed he is".

Note Aurex is still in the courtyard though based on his current situation, resigned wuld be the proper reaction.


Female Tiefling Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 5
Spoiler:
HP: 19/40 | AC: 18, T: 15, FF: 13 | CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +8 | Init: +8, Perception: +11 | Spell Slots: 5|3
(Alias: Lydia Kallin)

Soren pulls back the bowstring with rough, but practiced movements. Nocking an arrow on the string, she takes aim at the man closest to Damien and fires, frowning at her own improper form. "If only I could find a rifle in this gods forsaken prison..."

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

1 to 50 of 2,555 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Shining Hosts - Way of the Wicked Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.