The Shining Hosts - Way of the Wicked Gameplay (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Harry

The Horn

Lower Caverns

Initiative:

Dramatis Personae
Nathaniel [dice]1d20 + 5[/dice]
Grumblejack [dice]1d20 + 1[/dice]
Aurex [dice]1d20 + 2[/dice]
Alice [dice]1d20 + 2[/dice]
Errisaigh [dice]1d20+4[/dice]
Havelyn [dice]1d20+2[/dice]

Perception:

Dramatis Personae
Nathaniel [dice]1d20 + 5[/dice]
Grumblejack [dice]1d20 - 1[/dice]
Aurex [dice]1d20 + 5[/dice]
Alice [dice]1d20 + 2[/dice]
Errisaigh [dice]1d20+7[/dice]
Havelyn [dice]1d20+10[/dice]


201 to 250 of 2,555 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Shadow's Status

Patronage - At a Price

After an evening of rest and relaxation you are all beckoned by the slaves to follow them to a meeting with your mysterious benefactor.

Heading down the stairs you notice the absence of both Damien and Xoruk as you enter a library filled with several bookshelves full of books, a large oak desk and seven chairs.

At the back of the room are two oaken doors. The chairs conform to your dimension accommodating Grumblejack's great size, Aurex's desire for extreme warmth, and the foibles that mark a comfortable seat for the rest
Lothhryin, Nathaniel, Vaundor, Shalewigg, and Soren.

As soon as you are settled the door to the left opens, the first to step through is the beautiful woman, whose name you still have not managed to catch, followed close behind by a Human male in his late 30's or early 40's, handsome but starting to show his age.

He sits behind the desk in a high leather backed chair and the woman stands behind him to his left.

“I believe you to be the first to ever escape from Branderscar Prison. Well done! Of course, you had help from the outside,” he says with a wicked smile.

“But enough with the pleasantries. You must be curious why I’ve helped you. Rest assured this is no random act of altruism. I have brought you here for a reason. My name is Cardinal Adrastus Thorn. I am the last high priest of Asmodeus left on the island of Talingarde. Once the Prince of Nessus was rightly revered alongside the other great powers. Now, the king of Talingarde has become a puppet to Mitran fanatics who wish to destroy any religion that does not bow to their insipid sun god. For their blasphemy, I will see the same people who imprisoned and condemned you suffer. I realize that some of you were freed before receiving the 'mercy' of Mitra. A good fortune that the group now includes both an Ogre and a Dragon”.

With that, he pulls down the sleeve of his robe and reveals his own runic ‘F’ brand.

“I understand what the rest of you went through for I have faced it myself. I am going to burn Talingarde to the ground and from the ashes I will build a new nation that knows its rightful master. I cannot do this alone. I seek servants worthy of our Infernal Father’s majesty. Have I found them in you?”

He rises and his eyes flash with hellfire and divine purpose. “Join me! Serve me well in this holy endeavor and I will raise you up in the eyes of gods and men. I will make you princes of the new Talingarde. Today, swear fealty to me and to Asmodeus. Put aside forgiveness and I shall give you vengeance. Put aside mercy and be made powerful. Put aside peace and become my harbingers of war. What say you? Will you swear your allegiance or will you burn with the rest of the blind fools?”


Female Tiefling Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 5
Spoiler:
HP: 19/40 | AC: 18, T: 15, FF: 13 | CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +8 | Init: +8, Perception: +11 | Spell Slots: 5|3
(Alias: Lydia Kallin)

"A... High Priest? Lady Caldwell, she spoke of you. Said one of our last still remained, but we knew not where you were." Soren drops to her knee, her hand clasping the symbol of Asmodeus about her neck. "I need not swear fealty; my pledge was made long ago. I will be my Lord's hand upon this plane, and crush the faithful of Mitra in his iron fist. "Glory be to the Lord of Hell, the patron of the true Faith. Prayers be to the God-Fiend, the Prince of Darkness, the Master of Witches. May you fill me with your strength, so that your Hand may once again dispense your justice on this land that has forsaken you." Soren raises, her hand still over the pendant.

"I have... one request, if I may. Under Lady Caldwell, I was trained in many arts of combat, but I was specialized in the use of firearms. My belongings were not to be found within Branderscar, and as such, I am without my rifle. If you could procure such a weapon for me, I would be better equipped to bring about my Lord's vengeance."


(Alias: Patrick) Male Red Dragon Bonded Dragon 5 | AC 20 (24), Touch 11, FF 18 | HP 51/51 | F +6, R +6, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Aurex listens carefully to the dangerous two-leg. This man holds great power and ambition. He also holds great power. Aurex licks his oddly-flat teeth. Nate must be in on this as well though, I cannot force him through this. He rubs his jaw. "You must know of the pride of dragons. I am not one to bend a knee."

Dark Archive

Count Kristos Von Struker Half-Drow Hedgewitch 1/UC Rouge 3 | HP [29/29] | AC 16 | Fort +1 / Ref +7 / Will +5 | Init +3 | Perception +12 | Concoction 4/day | Channel Spirit 4/day | Charmer 2/day | Bluff +15, Diplomacy +14 |

'Never argue with a religious fanatic,' Vaundour thought to himself. 'At least not to his face.'

Bringing himself back to his surroundings, Vaundour listened with a grimace at Soren's speech. 'All the beautiful ones are crazy, it seems.' "While I may not be quite as...faithful as dear Soren here, Asmodeus wasn't the one that tried to pick me away," he told his host. "I will not try to lie to a priest of Asmodeus, I am rather fond of my face where it currently resides, but if you are going after the ruling family, then praise be to Asmodeus and all that."


Female female human brawler 1/witch (floodwalker) 2 HP: 16/16 | AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10 | CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1, Per: +9* | S: 1st: 2/2 ]

As she walks across the rear wall of the opulent room, Shalewigg reaches out to brush the furnishings and wallhangings.

"I've committed to Soren already, my devotion to Trelmarixian will serve your lord and His quest for revenge. My only demand is that you set me loose to kill. And in the name of Famine, and for Asmodeus' sake, the people of Talingarde will hunger and thirst and beg for death."


(Alias: Nicholas Terren) Male Human Dragonrider 5/Bard 1 | AC 18, Touch 15, FF 13 | HP 47/47 | F +5, R +8, W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8

Nate goes pale as he realizes the situation he has found himself in. "I...I thought we would just owe you a favor. To serve Asmodeus and to attempt to take down Mitra...I don't know if I can do that. I realize Mitra may have unfairly outlawed other faiths, but it does try to do good for its people..." He leans against the wall and rubs his temple as Aurex grumbles unhappily.


HP 53/53, Temp HP: 8, Cold, Electricity, Fire resist 5, AC 23, For +10, Ref +5, Will +6 Corruption 5/5 Active Effects: Cowardice Aura

Grumblejack held up his right hand and opened his palm. On it was a rough and terrible scar in the pattern of the bladed pentacle, the symbol of Asmodeus. It had healed poorly, the scar tissue red and ropy.

"I know Asmodeus. I offered my blood. He answered with power. Not purpose though. The Imp said I had to have faith. Now I know why."


Laurence Hail Male Ifrit Oracle 5 / Crossblooded Sorcerer 1

Lothyrin hides his inner emotions with an expressionless face, I may not be devoted to Asmodeus I will serve as you see fit for it sounds better than burning with blind fools. Alas swearing fealty is not something k can commit to although I will serve with respect if I am allowed my chance. As Vandour so kindly put it, praise be to Asmodeus and all that. Mabye this man can show me my way and aid me in my quest to gain power beyond my wildest dreams. This man seems worthy of my services for now.


Shadow's Status

"Ah but swear fealty you must, Asmodeus shall have it no other way Lothryin Harad".

The Cardinal cackles at Nathaniel's comment, "The Mitrans are tyrants in their own way as you have seen having been subjected to their tender mercies – that which does not conform to their own ideas of purity must be cleansed. All of the Gods, even the most vile does "good" for its most devout followers Nathaniel, isn’t it about time a God did something for you?"

"As for the rest of you..." He opens the desk drawer removing a quill, a silver ritual knife and two copies of a contract written on some unidentified leather and written in dark red ink.

"You must sign if you wish to remain under my protection".

The contract is written in common in superb penmanship.

The Pact of Thorns:

Behold on this day the 10th of Desnus 4710 in the eighth age of this world a perpetual Compact is made between Cardinal Adrastus Thorn (hereafter the Master) and those who would be bound to him as his acolytes (hereafter the Bound). Both the Master and the Bound shall hold fast and true to this Compact through all trial and tribulation. By blood and soul the Bound commit to the Compact and swear that it shall never be undone.

The Bound shall know and understand the Four Loyalties.

The First Loyalty is to their patron and god – mighty Asmodeus, first among the fallen, prince of the nine hells, our father below. They shall do all that can be done to further his worship and his glory.

The Second Loyalty is to their master – He who is called the Cardinal Adrastus Thorn, High Priest of Asmodeus in Talingarde. They shall do the Master no harm and obey his every commandment as long as those commandments do not clash with their First Loyalty.

The Third Loyalty is to their companions – the other Bound who serve alongside them. The Bound shall deal with each other fairly and honorably as long as doing so does not clash with their first or second loyalties. All treasure, wealth and reward garnered in their exploits will be equally shared with all of the Bound who aided in its acquisition.

The Fourth Loyalty is to themselves – for Asmodeus is the Lord of Ambition and all who serve him should strive to become great and powerful in his service as long as doing so does not clash with their first, second or third loyalties. By their weakness, ye shall know the unworthy.

The Bound swear that they cleave to and uphold the Four Loyalties even in the face of death and damnation.

The Master swears that as long as the Four Loyalties are upheld, he shall reward the Bound as they deserve for their deeds.

Thus it is written, and thus it shall be.

We being of sound mind and free will do so swear and let they who violates this Compact know all the wrath of Hell unending.

Signed,

”To make this Pact official, it is traditional to sign in one’s own blood”.

He holds out the quill and the dagger expectantly.

The Cardinal turns to Aurex as he holds the instruments out to the rest of the group, "Your own agreement shall last as long as the life of your human, I will draft a second contract specific to you wyrm".


(Alias: Patrick) Male Red Dragon Bonded Dragon 5 | AC 20 (24), Touch 11, FF 18 | HP 51/51 | F +6, R +6, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Aurex immediately perks up, bowing his head in a sign of massive respect from the dragon. "Your wisdom impresses me. I agree to these terms as long as they expire with Nathanial."


(Alias: Nicholas Terren) Male Human Dragonrider 5/Bard 1 | AC 18, Touch 15, FF 13 | HP 47/47 | F +5, R +8, W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8

Nate gives Aurex a sarcastic look - this isn't the first time the dragon has made comments about their opposed life expectancy duration. "I suppose there is some truth to that..." Aurex grumbles, closing his eyes for a moment. "But yes, you're right. This false benevolent god has gone on long enough. This pernicious tyranny must end. It is time for the Dark Prince to rise." Nate stands, eyes suddenly full of a greedy glint as he cuts his palm and signs his name on The Pact of Thorns. Then he sits down with a sharp grin before closing his eyes for a moment and relaxing in his chair.


(Alias: Patrick) Male Red Dragon Bonded Dragon 5 | AC 20 (24), Touch 11, FF 18 | HP 51/51 | F +6, R +6, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Aurex opens his eyes. "I eagerly await the second contract. Or perhaps just an addendum to this one at the bottom? Either way I leave the matter in your very capable hands. For now I would be pleased if your female servant could return me to my true form. No offense to your own form, but I feel...weak, to put it nicely."


Female Tiefling Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 5
Spoiler:
HP: 19/40 | AC: 18, T: 15, FF: 13 | CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +8 | Init: +8, Perception: +11 | Spell Slots: 5|3
(Alias: Lydia Kallin)

Soren takes the other knife, slicing open her palm and letting the blood trickle down. She dips the pen tip in the open wound, then writes in her name with the loopy, elegant script of a noblewoman. "I know not if Lady Caldwell still lives; since my trial and sentencing I have heard nothing of her, nor her own activities. But she... spoke highly of you, though not by name. I pledge myself to your service, to serve my Lord, Asmodeus."


Female female human brawler 1/witch (floodwalker) 2 HP: 16/16 | AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10 | CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1, Per: +9* | S: 1st: 2/2 ]

Shalewigg reads the document with a keen eye. While Soren signs more eagerly, the braided woman lays down her quill and pushes the contract back toward the Cardinal.

"I'm sure you produced these contracts before we arrived, so I, too, must request a unique contract. I pledged to Soren's god that I would destroy his enemies and serve his church, but I do so in service to the truest master of death. The benefits of my service are the same, but my bond is with Trelmarixian. The Horseman is a worthy ally of your lord. I swear that I will not teach or proselytize any faith, and that I will kill whom you set me to kill."

She turns to Soren and back to her master. "I'm no clergy, and I've no interest in betraying your trust. But my first loyalty is to Him who set me free long afore I was sent to prison. My mind and soul belong to Him, and I have no heart."


Laurence Hail Male Ifrit Oracle 5 / Crossblooded Sorcerer 1

Taking the knife from Soren, Lothyrin scores a shallow wound across his palm allowing the blood to well up before dipping the quill into it. Godless I had wondered for many years but no more, now I will find purpose in Asmodeus and serve him and my master with unfaltering determination. Today I take my rightful place under my master and gain the power and purpose I had searched for for so long. As Lothyrin signs a note of realization hits him as his destiny is showed to him in Asmodeus and the pact.
Please disregard my previous comment this is the way I have decided to go


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Tiefling Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 5
Spoiler:
HP: 19/40 | AC: 18, T: 15, FF: 13 | CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +8 | Init: +8, Perception: +11 | Spell Slots: 5|3
(Alias: Lydia Kallin)

"Cardinal, this woman pledged her service to Asmodeus before me personally, just as we staged our escape from Branderscar. She pledged to repay her life-debt in blood. Her lord and ours may not be the same, but she follows our cause. I have watched her bash in a man's head and drown a guard in cold blood. She has no interest other than to watch Mitra's followers bleed dry, much like myself."

Soren stands, handing the contract to Thorn as she stems the blood flow from her hand with a cloth. "Her lord, much like our own, is not allowed worship in the state of Talingarde. I believe she truly means to help our cause; to bring Mitra to the ground so that the Lord of Hell might wrap her in chains. I will vouch for her, personally." She holds the cloth hard against her wound, scowling at the growing scarlet pool on the cloth pressed against her skin. "If she betrays us, I will..." she shoots a sidelong glance towards Shalewigg, a mix of animosity and reluctance, "I will see to the problem myself."


HP 53/53, Temp HP: 8, Cold, Electricity, Fire resist 5, AC 23, For +10, Ref +5, Will +6 Corruption 5/5 Active Effects: Cowardice Aura

Grumblejack didn't know how to read or write. He didn't really care either. He'd already sworn his oaths. He sliced open his thumb on one of his sharp teeth and pressed a smear of blood to the parchment.


Shadow's Status
Shalewigg wrote:
"I'm no clergy, and I've no interest in betraying your trust. But my first loyalty is to Him who set me free long afore I was sent to prison. My mind and soul belong to Him, and I have no heart."

The Cardinal's eyes show a flash of anger and ever so briefly turn red. "It is I who set you free! Trelmarixian is not here, none of his followers but you, it seems, are here! This contract binds you to your companions and they to you in the eyes of myself and Asmodeus.

Still, Asmodeus unlike Mitra, understands that others deserve venerations besides only He. In your heart, you may follow who you wish. Through your actions though, you must pledge to my Lord.

You will sign this contract or face the consequences of your actions Shalewigg of the Horseman..."

Dark Archive

Count Kristos Von Struker Half-Drow Hedgewitch 1/UC Rouge 3 | HP [29/29] | AC 16 | Fort +1 / Ref +7 / Will +5 | Init +3 | Perception +12 | Concoction 4/day | Channel Spirit 4/day | Charmer 2/day | Bluff +15, Diplomacy +14 |

"Ah, great, blood contracts," Vaundour said with a grimace. While he had never signed one himself, he knew about them from his tutors during his youth. "I wish I had my lawyer with me. Oh, wait, I am my lawyer." A short chuckle at his own joke, he gingerly took the ritual knife and sliced a cut in his finger. Quickly drawing his initials onto the parchment, while not thinking about what it was made of, he looked over at his host and said, "So, this won't, like, force us into silly outfits after saying some kind of weird phrase, right?"


Female female human brawler 1/witch (floodwalker) 2 HP: 16/16 | AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10 | CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1, Per: +9* | S: 1st: 2/2 ]

The young girl's skin turns pale as the blood drains from her face and hands. Her eyes go dead and her long braid begins to writhe behind her. She pulls a single-edged knife and grips the blade in her hand.

"A strange lawyer who ask a girl to sign a contract about loyalty, telling her she doesn't have to actually be loyal. A strange priest that claims his will set us free and not his god's."

She turns to Soren and nods. "This one gets it. An agent of other than your god can't be tempted to betray him. I don't expect anything from him. If your war goes badly, he hasn't failed me. All I want is to kill. To starve. To drown. To choke the life out of everyone in Talingarde until your god has no more need of me, and releases me to kill somewhere else."

She squeezes the blade tightly, her expression barely changing when her palm splits and blood begins to drip onto the floor from her outstretched hand.

"I told you I have no heart. I don't love any god and don't desire my own ascendance or even tomorrow's breath. I will serve the cause of your church by killing your enemies. I will follow Soren's lead and devote myself to the advance of her goals, and by reason, yours. I will not betray her coterie, including anyone here, except that they betray me first. I will not spare your enemies nor set myself up as priest or prophet. I am loyal to the cause of death by deprivation. I am loyal to your war and to your cause. I will die before I place my own ambitions over the war against Mitra. And I will take the last breath of any in this room who betray Soren or her church. This is my covenant with your lord, that he may use me to bring despair to the living, but leave my will and soul for my own god, the Horseman of Famine."

Her pronouncement finished, she shakes the blood from her hand and drops the bloody knife on the floor. She cocks her head in the priest's direction and narrows her eyes.

"You've heard your servant testify. You know I understand contracts. You've heard me offer an oath. Ask your god if he would accept me as servant without trapping my soul. I will ask mine if he would have me sign your letters."


HP 53/53, Temp HP: 8, Cold, Electricity, Fire resist 5, AC 23, For +10, Ref +5, Will +6 Corruption 5/5 Active Effects: Cowardice Aura
Shalewigg wrote:
"A strange lawyer who ask a girl to sign a contract about loyalty, telling her she doesn't have to actually be loyal. A strange priest that claims his will set us free and not his god's."

"Asmodeus helps 'uns who help themselves. Loyalty can't never be forced. It's gotta be chosen, right up until it ain't." Grumblejack rumbled.

"Ain't no contract nowhere than can make you do somethin' you don't want ta do. Only force can do that."

"Forced loyalty ain't loyalty, so ain't no contract anywhere that can make someone be loyal."

"Ain't nothin' stoppin' ya from being loyal t' Trelmarwhatever and Asmodeus. If what they want ever end up at odds, you'll got a choice t' make. 'Till then, don't make no difference."


Shadow's Status

The Cardinal stands and caresses your face Shelewigg, his hands are as cold as ice.

"I admire your courage and conviction my dear. I respect your urge, nay your need to gain vengeance upon those who have wronged you".

He sits down, "I am no lawyer, this contract has been drafted by agents of Asmodeus himself.

I am more than a mere Priest of Asmodeus. My will, is that of Asmodeus, my words his words translated for the ears of mortals.

Your Loyalty in action IS required. Whatever is in your soul, for you have no heart, is no concern of my Lord's.

But unlike my Lord, I am fallible. I lack patience and mercy.

My Loyal Thorns, if Shalewigg of the Horseman does not sign this contract before I count to three, you shall all slay her where she stands.

One..."


Female female human brawler 1/witch (floodwalker) 2 HP: 16/16 | AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10 | CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1, Per: +9* | S: 1st: 2/2 ]

The girl spends no effort concealing her laughter at the Cardinal.

"Are you sodding deaf? How many times must a girl explain she was already dead? That freeing her only to kill her gives you no power? Fat good you servants of All-Powerful Asmodeus are, clinging to life in exchange for your loyalty."

She absorbs everyone's incredulous look, then turns her head to look at the furry red-and-black spider on her shoulder. It's front legs wave in the air urgently.

Shalewigg looks up to the Cardinal and speaks again. "I know. Two. I remind you, everyone, I vow this day, if the Cardinal takes my life I'll return. I'll choke the life out of him and any that partake in my murder. I pledged my craft. I made my vow. I signed no contract before I left and here I am still, to crush your enemies."

"Trelmarixian whispers to me...the devil's agents cannae speak for my soul if my allegiance is demanded under duress. You can have the same craft and the same loyalty you'd have without this contract. You can have my signature, but you gain nothing my whim didn't grant already."

Shalewigg reaches for Soren's quill and contract, soaking its point in the cleric's blood, and then marking through the words of the First Loyalty on her own. She then holds her bleeding hand over the contract, dripping the precious red ink in spatters over the page's botom.

"I pledge my loyalty to Soren. In the name of Lord Famine I will kill her enemies and advance the cause of her god. I am loyal those here, as brothers and sisters escaped from Banderscar and given to the destruction of Talingarde and its faith. I sign this contract under threat of death, but I do not give myself to the Lord of Law, and I swear revenge on those who murder me for not abandoning my own patron, without whom I have no desire or power."

The woman drops her arms, releasing the bloody quill and splashing more blood on the floor. She turns to move to the door, her long braid writhing in irritation.

"I return to my quarters, Lady Soren. Let me know if tomorrow I serve you and the Cardinal or if you intend to take my life and wait out my satisfaction."


(Alias: Patrick) Male Red Dragon Bonded Dragon 5 | AC 20 (24), Touch 11, FF 18 | HP 51/51 | F +6, R +6, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +7

The girl signs with a vocal exclamation she doesn't mean it, as if the prince of darkness cares about such things. The letter of the law is his concern, not the intent. She is as bound as the rest of us now, empty threats or not. Her pride in the face of such power is foolishness. At least use some brains and lie. Aurex stands, using the chair for support. "Well, never would I have thought our fortunes would turn for the better from this mess."


(Alias: Nicholas Terren) Male Human Dragonrider 5/Bard 1 | AC 18, Touch 15, FF 13 | HP 47/47 | F +5, R +8, W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8

Nate sits up and rubs his temple, then looks at the bloody smear on his hand and the associated signature. His eyes open wider and he looks over to Aurex. What have you done this time?.. He looks over at their...benefactor. "Could...we go to our rooms now? I need to gather my thoughts..."


Shadow's Status

As Shalewigg's blood stains the contract the Cardinal smiles softly. "Well done my dear. Your Blood is sufficient much so the Ogre's was. Go rest all of you. The Knights of Talingarde even now hunt you nearby. In three days your training begins. Inform the slaves as to your desires and they shall make it so. After all, loyalty has its rewards. Your equipment will be replaced as we see fit".

Perception check DC 12 everyone.


HP 53/53, Temp HP: 8, Cold, Electricity, Fire resist 5, AC 23, For +10, Ref +5, Will +6 Corruption 5/5 Active Effects: Cowardice Aura

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

In the future it would probably be faster to either put the results of the check in a spoiler with the request for a roll, or to simply roll for everyone and spoiler information according to the results.


Shadow's Status
Grumble Jack wrote:

[dice=Perception]1d20-1

In the future it would probably be faster to either put the results of the check in a spoiler with the request for a roll, or to simply roll for everyone and spoiler information according to the results.

Normally I would but I was posting from my phone and the Perception check was added as an aferthought.


Laurence Hail Male Ifrit Oracle 5 / Crossblooded Sorcerer 1

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


(Alias: Patrick) Male Red Dragon Bonded Dragon 5 | AC 20 (24), Touch 11, FF 18 | HP 51/51 | F +6, R +6, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Aurex Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Female female human brawler 1/witch (floodwalker) 2 HP: 16/16 | AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10 | CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1, Per: +9* | S: 1st: 2/2 ]

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Shalewigg openly rolls her eyes at the priest apparent interpretation of victory. SHe looks down at the table to see the red lines drawn through the First Loyalty. Still holding her right hand to stop the bleeding, she holds the door open with her feet and looks back to the Cardinal.

"I have vowed to bring your priesthood no harm, so I am going to snap the neck of one of your slaves and pretend it was you. I'll see you all tomorrow."


Shadow's Status

Perception check 12:
You see Shalewigg's blood scatter at the bottom of the page, her oath, bound in writing on the contract as an addendum.

Dark Archive

Count Kristos Von Struker Half-Drow Hedgewitch 1/UC Rouge 3 | HP [29/29] | AC 16 | Fort +1 / Ref +7 / Will +5 | Init +3 | Perception +12 | Concoction 4/day | Channel Spirit 4/day | Charmer 2/day | Bluff +15, Diplomacy +14 |

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

"Well, this has been an interesting night," Vaundour said as people started to calm down. "So, training, you say? May I ask for what?"


Shadow's Status

The Cardinal laughs at Shalewigg's comment as does the beautiful woman still standing next to him but neither retort.

The woman though does respond to Vaundour's question as the Cardinal stands and retires from the room saying nothing further. "To ensure that you are the proper tools for this task. Asmodeus abhors weakness, the Cardinal's training will weed out those among you who prove unworthy. This training will hone your skills if you do prove worthy".


Laurence Hail Male Ifrit Oracle 5 / Crossblooded Sorcerer 1

I hope Asmodeus finds me strong and ready to serve him, and I will gladly receive training for it will make me a better servant to our lord below. I will retire to my room to rest up so I am ready to demonstrate my power Lothyrin says as he follows a servant out of the room retiring for the night.


HP 53/53, Temp HP: 8, Cold, Electricity, Fire resist 5, AC 23, For +10, Ref +5, Will +6 Corruption 5/5 Active Effects: Cowardice Aura

The ogre snorts and leaves returning to the room he'd been given.


Female Tiefling Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 5
Spoiler:
HP: 19/40 | AC: 18, T: 15, FF: 13 | CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +8 | Init: +8, Perception: +11 | Spell Slots: 5|3
(Alias: Lydia Kallin)

"It appears your addendum is more official than it seemed," Soren comments as Shalewigg's blood dances about on the page, forming into words scrawled onto the parchment. Soren nods to the witch as she climbs the stairs, instead looking back to the Cardinal's female acquaintance. "The Cardinal said to inform the slaves as to my desires. Are there any limits to those instructions? If I were to find any of them to be particularly alluring..." she lets her sentence trail off, looking around the room at the slaves still remaining. "Or should I take that up with someone else?"

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


(Alias: Patrick) Male Red Dragon Bonded Dragon 5 | AC 20 (24), Touch 11, FF 18 | HP 51/51 | F +6, R +6, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Aurex chuckles, but stutters on his new vocal chords. Either way he puts a hand on Soren's shoulder and whispers to her.

Soren or Perception DC 20:
"You know, I am told that Nate is not bad looking for a two-leg, and he seems pretty stressed out lately. Perhaps he is one that could keep your nest warm tonight."

He gives a grin and then turns to Tiadora. "Now, if you would be so kind as to return me to my regular form once we are outside, I would be very thankful."


(Alias: Nicholas Terren) Male Human Dragonrider 5/Bard 1 | AC 18, Touch 15, FF 13 | HP 47/47 | F +5, R +8, W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Nate starts walking up to his room, running a hand through his blonde hair. He goes to one of the servants, placing a hand gently on his shoulder. "Could you bring me up some brandy or something else to drink? And if it's not too much trouble, a hot bath would be very nice."

Dark Archive

Count Kristos Von Struker Half-Drow Hedgewitch 1/UC Rouge 3 | HP [29/29] | AC 16 | Fort +1 / Ref +7 / Will +5 | Init +3 | Perception +12 | Concoction 4/day | Channel Spirit 4/day | Charmer 2/day | Bluff +15, Diplomacy +14 |

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Vaundour snorted quietly to himself as he overheard the dragon-turned-human's whisper. 'That kid'll never know what hit him,' he thought to himself as he turned back to the Cardinal's accomplice. "Forgive me, fair maiden, but I don't believe that we have been formerly introduced," he said with a flourished bow. "My name is Vaundour Gathlain, formerly of the House of Gathlain."


Female Tiefling Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 5
Spoiler:
HP: 19/40 | AC: 18, T: 15, FF: 13 | CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +8 | Init: +8, Perception: +11 | Spell Slots: 5|3
(Alias: Lydia Kallin)

Soren grins at Aurex, both at his attempt at a chuckle and the suggestion. "Nathaniel? I suppose you're right, he isn't exactly unattractive... but I'll have to decline that proposal. The last time I mixed business with pleasure I was slated--" Soren stops, swallowing the sadness that crept into her voice. When her mouth opens again, her normal cold tone returns. "No, your companion may find his own comfort; there is none to be found with me. Perhaps he should find a slave that suits him as well." With that, Soren ceases to wait for a response from Tiadora, instead narrowing her eyes and searching for someone who meets her tastes. "You two will do," she says, gesturing to a pair of slaves, male and female, "Come with me."

Halfway up the steps, she turns back and looks at Vandour. "And you... keep yourself away from my chambers. If I find an ear to my door or spot a prying eye, I will make good on my threat about your 'lovely'." With that, she takes the two slaves by the hand and leads them to her room.


(Alias: Patrick) Male Red Dragon Bonded Dragon 5 | AC 20 (24), Touch 11, FF 18 | HP 51/51 | F +6, R +6, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Aurex shrugs with a chuckle. "Oh he is far too passive to make any such advances on his own. Well, in his current state of mind anyways."


Shadow's Status

Vaundour

As you bow the woman waves your gesture off, "Save it for mortals fop. I am Tiadora. If I am not mistaken you are the Alchemist yes? In the 'morrow seek me out and I shall show you the lab which we have set up to take advantage of your unique skills".

That said she approaches Aurex while a female slave approaches you grasping you gently by the hand and leading you back upstairs...


Shadow's Status

Aurex

Tiadora beckons for you to follow her. She leads you to the front door.

"I shall return you to your form. Be not careless, as the Cardinal has stated, the Knights of Talingarde seek these mortals. He would be most displeased if you would lead them here..."

That said, the "woman" makes a gesture and you feel your weak two legged form expand into your true form, that of a dragon. The night air is cool and crisp, now that you can smell it with your enhanced senses. Truly, it is a wonder that these humanoids raised themselves from primordial muck considering their physical - limitations.


Shadow's Status

Soren

As you open the door to your room you are greeted by a series of tools in place of the dresser that was there before. The tools and raw materials you will need to create ammunition for your weapon of choice.

Behind you, the two slaves begin to undress one another understanding, quite clearly it seems, what is expected of them...


Shadow's Status

Nathaniel

You are led up to your rooms by one of the slaves, she draws you a bath and waits expectantly for you to give her orders.


Shadow's Status

Shalewigg

There is a knock at your door and before you can tell the person to enter the slave that your group initially met upon arriving at the Manor enters, the willful one.

"The Cardinal tells me that I am to serve you. I am yours to command", he states somewhat coldly.


Shadow's Status

Grumblejack

As you retire to your quarters you find the legs to your bed removed, it now lays flat on the floor.

Sitting in the corner is a woman who smiles at you though she is not dressed as a slave.

"My Master tells me that I am to discuss with you where you have come from. He is interested in alliances not only with you but with your people. He sees many mutual interests betwixt your get and he."


Shadow's Status

Lothryin

As you lay your head down and sleep takes you, you have a vision.

The Dwarf is surrounded on all sides by enemies, though they have not caught him, they are close by. Fro the darkness a figure in black emerges. The dwarf turns to the figure and nods.

"The Benefactor. I am glad to see you. Perhaps I was too hasty in departing from the others..."

The figure in black nods, "You are a liability". From the figures' hand a streak of green purple flame lashes out and strikes the Dwarf his body and that of his mount turn to ash almost instantaneously, "Correction, you were a liability". The figure fades into the darkness as the sounds of horsemen draw near the location...


Shadow's Status

Three Days to Rest

Over the course of the next three days true to his word, the Cardinal's slaves are yours to command. Though no more than three at a time will heed to your desires.

As you move about the manor you find you are not alone. Along with Damien and Xoruk, four more "adventurers" begin to take up residence in the Manor the next day. Elise Zadaria a human witch, Dostan Alfson a half-elf barbarian, Tallus "Trak" Rackburn a human ranger, and Titus "Trik" Rackburn a human cleric of Asmodeus are also guests of the Cardinal. Damien and Xoruk join this group which calls itself the White Ravens, mercenaries from Cheliax it seems.

They do not engage you in conversation, not even your former companions, as all seem lost in thought or engaged with each other in deep discourse.

As you all get to know the Manor better there are only a few places you are not allowed to go. The room through which the Cardinal entered in the study and the Basement.

You all gave the feeling that you are being watched during your three days in residence.

Shining Host ONLY:

Lothryin 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Nathaniel 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Grumblejack 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Vaundor 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Shalewigg 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Soren 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Aurex 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

On the final evening the before your training is to begin you all return to your rooms and the Gear that you have requested sits arrayed across the room. Included among these goods are two items you did not ask for:

A Silver Medallion with the Holy Symbol of Asmodeus emblazoned across it.

Shalewigg:
As you grasp the Medallion to throw it out the window, the symbol of the Horseman appears. When you place it down, the symbol of Asmodeus returns.

Next to the Medallions are Iron Circlets with a note placed upon them "To Hide in Plain Sight".

201 to 250 of 2,555 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Shining Hosts - Way of the Wicked Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.