The Shackled City Adventure Path by GM Rutseg

Game Master Balacertar

Chapter 8 - LORDS OF OBLIVION

Cauldron map
Redgorge map
Current map

Campaign Index / Campaign diary
Loot sheet
Old loot sheet (Maxim)

Group Stealth (passive): -5 (Kikinnin)
Group Stealth (active): 5 (Kikinnin)
Group Perception: 27 (Marigold)
Group Sense motives: 30 (Marigold)
Group Spellcraft: 24 (Maxim)
Group Appraise: 23 (Maxim)


1,201 to 1,250 of 10,409 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Attacks:
Longsword +4 (Arcane Strike) 1d8+3+1
Stats:
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +2 Dex, +1 shield) | HP 19 | Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +3; | Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 14 | Base Atk +1; CMB 4; CMD 16
Skills:
Acro +5, Bluff +7, Dip +7, Dis +6, Intim +10, Perc +4, Perf (orat) +6, SoH +5, Scrft +5, UMD +8

Suddenly, chaos erupts. Spells and alchemical items fly and the roar of explosions and the Howler are deafening.

Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Ruben covers his ears as the huge monster roars but he wills himself forward toward the fray.

He focusses on the half-dwarf, realising that he is in charge here and therefore the real threat.

They reckon that urgosh never misses. Well, let's see about that...

The weapon is suddenly coated with thick, greasy oil that makes it difficult to hold on to.

Using my last spell, his weapon is now Greased. He needs to make a DC 13 Reflex save when he swings it or otherwise drop it.


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

JJ steps towards the buyer and quickly scores a couple of attacks on the creature's belly and chest. It shrieks in pain.

Maxim shots his gun after stepping forward. The bullet hits the howler although his thick skin avoids the dwarf to hit a vital spot.
Tell me if I get this well. Because you are out of the pistol range (20') it goes against normal AC with a -2 range penalty instead of touch AC

Marigold throws then her readied alchemist fire at Prickles aiming for its back to avoid injuring Terrem. The flask hits the large outsider breaking and igniting its content!
Fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Kazmojen Ref DC 13: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
A coat of grease suddenly appears on Kazmojen's urgrosh. The half dwarf looks at the weapon astonished as it inexplicably falls from his hands!

Everybody: Inspire courage r4 (+1 hit/damage and +1 fear/charm)
Buyer: 19 damage, -1 Wis
Kazmojen: lost urgrosh
Prickles (howler): 6 damage, deafened 1 hour, burning r3
Terrem: deafened 1 hour
JJ: 18/20 hp, p. evil r19, disguise self 70 min (glamer DC 11), charmed
Kikinnin: 25/25 hp, p. evil r18
Marigold: 21/21 hp, guidance r7
Maxim: 12/12 hp, mage armor 70 min
Ruben: 14/19 hp, p. evil r20, howler curse (-1 Wis damage) frequency 1/hour
Ryan: 18/18 hp
Round 2: Marigold, JJ, Maxim, Kikinnin (x2), Ruben, Ryan, Prickles, Buyer, Kazmojen


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Surprise Round

The black-beard looks curiously at JJ as he suggests the wax be set into his ears to protect against the creature waiting for them. He doesn't argue, figuring it may help with his earwax problem already.

Kikinnin does indeed run straight towards the non-half-dwarf pretender to the throne, the sweat in the palms of his hands causing the waraxe to shift with a life of its own. Single Move Action- thank you, GM Rutseg

Round 1

Status:

AC = 22, PfE
HP = 25/25
Weapon Equipped = MW Dwarven Greataxe
Condition(s) = Protection from Evil(Marigold), Wax +2, Inspired

The howl goes up, and Kikinnin fliches as the sound reminds him of nothing animal nor human.

Will Save v DC 12: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13 Thank you, JJ, for the wax

When the sound rinses over him, Kikinnin takes all his strength, and focuses on bringing Kazmojen to his knees.

MW Dwarven Waraxe, Inspired, Hatred?: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 21 for 1d10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4 damage, -1 to Hit if Kaz has nothing to do with Orckind or Hobkin

Round 2

For a moment, Kikinnin tries to figure out if Kazmojen has decided to discard his weapon for some other kind of attack, then recognizes all too well the circumstance involved with the greasing of a weapon. His visage darkens as he recognizes a possibility of history repeating itself.

He presses his attack, with another swing, while waving off the bystander for the reckless nature of lollygagging around heavy metal weapons swinging about.

MW Dwarven Waraxe, Inspired, Hatred?: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 11 for 1d10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4 damage, -1 to Hit if Kaz has nothing to do with Orckind or Hobkin


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Kikinnin slashes at an unprepared Kazmojen, striking just over the fine dwarven breastplate and scratching the half-dwarf at the face.

Ruben appears just behind the cover of the pillar as the urgrosh falls to the ground.

Prickles howls miserably as its skin burns, it starts starts rolling in the ground trying to put off the flames.
Ref+rolling DC 15: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 4 = 29
The flames stop as they touch the ground, where the creature stays still rolling in pain.

The buyer, pressed by JJ, steps back and casts a spell, disappearing!
This round you still have an idea of where he disappeared, but the 50% mischance still applies

Kazmojen starts to roar in frustration understanding the group is organised and dangerous. He shouts something in Abyssal, although Prickles does not seem able to listen, then in Common "Pyllrak Shyraat! Do not run away coward! Fight against these ones and the children are yours!"

Abyssal:

"Prickles! Stop crying and endure! Attack this creatures! The one with the fire!"

You appreciate how Kikinnin's scratch at Kazmojen's face suddenly closes and disappears. He then smiles self-confident and raises his long claws "You have no idea whom you are fighting dwarfy"
bite-PA: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 2 = 7
B/S/P damage+PA: 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 4 = 14

Claw 1-PA: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 2 = 23
B/S damage+PA: 1d4 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 = 12

Claw 1-PA: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 2 = 17
B/S damage+PA: 1d4 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 = 13
Kazmojen attacks are terrible, made with a prowess you have barely ever seen. Yet, something about the claws and combat style springs some kind of resort in Kikinnin, an old forgotten gene of his ancestors, and the dwarf dodges in the last moment a claw attack that was certain to crush him! Kazmojen emits a heavy roar by the frustrated effort. He steps closer to where Pyllrak Shyraat disappeared.

K. local DC 15:

You do understand Kazmojen is in fact a half-troll! Which means he has a regeneration that can be only stopped with acid or fire.
The dwarven defensive training applies against him.

A commotion is heard at the western door.

Everybody: Inspire courage r4 (+1 hit/damage and +1 fear/charm)
Buyer: 19 damage, -1 Wis
Kazmojen: lost urgrosh
Prickles (howler): 6 damage, deafened 1 hour, burning r3
Terrem: deafened 1 hour
JJ: 18/20 hp, p. evil r19, disguise self 70 min (glamer DC 11)
Kikinnin: 25/25 hp, p. evil r18
Marigold: 21/21 hp
Maxim: 12/12 hp, mage armor 70 min
Ruben: 14/19 hp, p. evil r20, howler curse (-1 Wis damage) frequency 1/hour
Ryan: 18/18 hp
Round 3: Marigold, JJ, Maxim, Kikinnin, Ruben, Ryan (x2), Prickles, Buyer, Kazmojen


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

JJ continues to follow up the buyer, insenced that he would try and purchase the blood of his "family".

auto miss on a 1: 2d2 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3

His off hand sword is miles from hurting the invisible slaver, but the sword of his ancestors. The cold iron knows the hand that wields it, and it strikes out at the only spot the slaver could still be standing...
attack, inspire, twf: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 16
damage,inspire: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9

JJ feels the blade hit something, whether it drew blood he is less sure...


M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

With his shot going wide and opportunities for additional safe shots dwindling, Ryan drops the large crossbow moving up with his mace to assist Kikinnin and JJ. "Stand tall Son of Malachite and Scion of Surabar, we shall prevail."

heavy mace: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11

His first shot going wide as Kazmogen shifts to attack Kikinnin. Nonetheless the cleric swings once more.

heavy mace: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 1 = 17
damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

@GM-R: You are correct - damn. If I'd been more on point I'd have 5ft stepped diagonal rather than to the side.

Round 2 - Effects/Buffs: Mage Armour (+4AC); Inspire Courage (+1 to hit/damage & +1 fear/charm)

Frustrated at a precious bullet going to waste on the beast's tough hide, Maxim curses and steps forward methodically loading his pistol as he does so (5ft Step + Move Action)

With bullet and powder once again primed he levels the pistol and lets fly at the flip-flopping beast (Standard Action) - his pistol roaring once again:

Ranged Touch Attack vs Howler - Pistol:1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13

Pistol Bullet Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

GM:

Not sure how the buyer standing in the line of fire pans out? He's invisible so Maxim is just aiming for the Howler


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

For consistency, please roll everybody in the future % probabilities with 1d100. Only exceptions, mirror images and similar things, making high a good result for the roller. Thanks! ;)

JJ twists towards the invisible enemy and feels like his blade is deflected by something he cannot see.

Despite Ryan's attack with the mace is good, Kazmojen's breastplate deflects the metallic head of the weapon.

Maxim's invis question:
Good question... mmm... because I feel shooting in a line to try hit anyone invisible in that line would be unbalanced, I will rule he does not interfere with the target, as you still see it as if the other one was not there

A new deflagration happens in Maxim's pistol, this time at a better range. The bullet finding the howler's fur once more, opening another bleeding hole!

Everybody: Inspire courage r4 (+1 hit/damage and +1 fear/charm)
Buyer: 19 damage, -1 Wis
Kazmojen: lost urgrosh
Prickles (howler): 13 damage, deafened 1 hour
Terrem: deafened 1 hour
JJ: 18/20 hp, p. evil r19, disguise self 70 min (glamer DC 11)
Kikinnin: 25/25 hp, p. evil r18
Marigold: 21/21 hp
Maxim: 12/12 hp, mage armor 70 min
Ruben: 14/19 hp, p. evil r20, howler curse (-1 Wis damage) frequency 1/hour
Ryan: 18/18 hp
Round 3: Marigold, JJ, Maxim, Kikinnin, Ruben, Ryan, Prickles, Buyer, Kazmojen


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Round 3

Kn. Local: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Marigold blinks with astonishment as the wounds inflicted on Kazmojen seem to simply close over and disappear.

Some sort of magic?

With all of her alchemical resources and most of her magical reserves spent, she has little choice but to draw her morningstar as she moves forward. Hoping to take advantage of Prickles' momentary distraction, she takes a swing at the creature as she cries, "વધુ જ્યાં તે આવ્યા છે! નીચે ઊભા Prickles!"

Attack vs. Prickles (Morningstar; Inspire Courage): 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d6 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 + 1 = 1

Abyssal:

"There's more where that came from! Stand down, Prickles!"

Are all of the children chained in place, including Terrem?


Attacks:
Longsword +4 (Arcane Strike) 1d8+3+1
Stats:
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +2 Dex, +1 shield) | HP 19 | Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +3; | Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 14 | Base Atk +1; CMB 4; CMD 16
Skills:
Acro +5, Bluff +7, Dip +7, Dis +6, Intim +10, Perc +4, Perf (orat) +6, SoH +5, Scrft +5, UMD +8

Attack, Kaz: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 13

Ruben dashes past Kikinnin and slashes at Kazmojen with his gleaming blade.


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 4

Status:

AC = 22 PfE
HP = 13/25
Weapon Equipped = MW Dwarven Greataxe
Condition(s) = PfE, Waxed +2, Inspired?

Kikinnin startles as Ruben darts forward and cuts at Kaz. "He's a self-healer. He took my blow and shirked it off. He might be blessed. I dunno. Careful, Ruben. He throws a lot of blows."

Unhappy to have to reposition, he moves around, slowly, and finds himself side-by-side with Marigold, and the prickly creature. His momentum carries him a bit wide in his strike. "Sorry. Can't seem to catch a break here, what with all this armor pinching. Should have thought better about wearing it so soon." The wax in his ears keeps his volume up, in order to hear himself think out loud.

MW Dwarven Greataxe, against Prickles: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9 for 1d10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5 damage


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

All are shackled. All but Terrem are tied to columns, but Terrem shackles were left unsupervised by Kazmojen
Marigold hits the floor next to Prickles and shouts at him, but the deafened beast cannot hear her.

Ruben hits at Kazmojen just on the armor shoulder, and his blade is deflected by a small bit.

Kikinnin climbs the dais and attempts to hit at Prickles failing to find the prone creature's fur by very few.

The outsider stands up angry by the attacks it is receiving.
AoO from Marigold and Kikinnin
Prickles then attacks ferociously at the halfling woman, still angry by the fire she tossed him over.
bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
S/P/B damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

quills: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Piercing damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
The bite at the halfling's right leg stabs deep into the bone.

JJ feels the buyer moves away, perhaps to the west.
A Perception DC 20 check is required to know in what tile is he now

His target left, Kazmojen opts to attack the just arrived man with claws and bite.
bite-PA: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 2 = 16
B/S/P damage+PA: 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 = 13

Claw 1-PA: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 2 = 8
B/S damage+PA: 1d4 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 = 10

Claw 1-PA: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 2 = 8
B/S damage+PA: 1d4 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 = 12
The bite is almost to tear down Ruben but fortunately Marigold's protection spell deflects the jaws in the last moment. The half-dwarf steps to the side looking to avoid being flanked.

Terrem difficultly steps back, while the other children are fighting without success against their own shackles.

Everybody: Inspire courage r4 (+1 hit/damage and +1 fear/charm)
Buyer: 19 damage, -1 Wis
Kazmojen: lost urgrosh
Prickles (howler): 13 damage, deafened 1 hour
Terrem: deafened 1 hour
JJ: 18/20 hp, p. evil r19, disguise self 70 min (glamer DC 11)
Kikinnin: 25/25 hp, p. evil r18
Marigold: 15/21 hp
Maxim: 12/12 hp, mage armor 70 min
Ruben: 14/19 hp, p. evil r20, howler curse (-1 Wis damage) frequency 1/hour
Ryan: 18/18 hp
Round 4: Marigold, JJ, Maxim, Kikinnin, Ruben, Ryan, Prickles, Buyer, Kazmojen


Attacks:
Longsword +4 (Arcane Strike) 1d8+3+1
Stats:
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +2 Dex, +1 shield) | HP 19 | Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +3; | Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 14 | Base Atk +1; CMB 4; CMD 16
Skills:
Acro +5, Bluff +7, Dip +7, Dis +6, Intim +10, Perc +4, Perf (orat) +6, SoH +5, Scrft +5, UMD +8

Realising that attacking Kazmojen directly seems fruitless, Ruben turns his attention to the boy next to him.

We're going to get you out of here, kid. he says earnestly.

GM, am I able to free him either by attacking his shackles or through disable device?


M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

With little damage done to Kazmogen from what should have been a solid hit, Ryan knows they are in a precarious position, presenting his shield, he seeks protection upon his companions

"Protect us and heal us" 1d3 ⇒ 2hp and +1 AC for one round, Ryan is including the children with the heal.

Ryan should still be in position to provide JJ protection from Kaz


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Attack of Opportunity on Prickles

MW Dwarven Greataxe: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 = 24 for1d10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11 damage

He looks on, hoping Marigold can injure it with the window of opportunity provided.

Round 4

Status:

AC = 22, PfE
HP = 13/25
Weapon Equipped = MW Dwarven Greataxe
Condition(s) = PfE, Wax +2, Inspired?

"Alright, Marigold. Move like I do, ok? I need you to distract this thing to hit it a little more." Kikinnin shifts to the beast's south side, hoping the halfling can remain on her feet just long enough to end the creature's life.

MW Dwarven Greataxe, Flank?: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 15 for 1d10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4 damage


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

JJ sighs as the slaver runs away. He wanted him, he wanted him badly. But right now there were other fish to fry.

He steps sideways, turning the twin blades on the half dwarf.

"If he heals fast, then that is just more pain for him."

attack, flank, inspire, TWF: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 16
off hand attack, flank, inspire, TWF: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 15

Both blades crash off the dwarfs metal armor.


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

AoO vs. Prickles

Morningstar (Inspire Courage): 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 1 = 22
Damage: 1d6 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 + 1 = 4

Crit Confirm?: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d6 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 + 1 = 2

Round 4

Marigold yelps with pain as Prickles climbs to his feet and tears into her leg. As Kikinnin moves up and addresses her she shakes her head frantically, unable to figure what he wants.

We're all gonna die down here if we don't get out and fast!

Abyssal "We've got to get the kids and get out of here," she cries. "The Urgosh! JJ, someone needs to get the Urgosh!" Abyssal

Moving behind Prickles, she once more attempts to strike the horrible creature.

Attack (Morningstar; Inspire Courage, Flanking): 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d6 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 + 1 = 3

Mobile posting so can't use Google Translate or move myself on the map at the moment.


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Round 4 - Effects/Buffs: Mage Armour (+4AC); Inspire Courage (+1 to hit/damage & +1 fear/charm)

As the battle rages around him Maxim shifts backward (5ft Step) and pauses momentarily to talk stock of the situation; the nature of the fell half dwarf foe and the sudden disappearance of the buyer:

DC15 Knowledge (Local) from above: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Hell's Teeth of course! Heals like a troll... Half troll!
DC20 Perception - to locate buyer: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Where the hell are you fish-face?

Grim set, the gun-mage breathes deep, reloading his sidearm (Move Action), levels the pistol at Kazmojen bellowing a warning to his companions...

"Basterd's a half-troll! Fire and acid will bring him down best!"

... then pulls the trigger:

Ranged Touch Attack vs Kazmojen: Pistol: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 = 22
Damage: Pistol Bullet: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Ryan shows his holy symbol and channels positive energy. A wave of divine energy surrounds the party healing wounds and protecting you momentarily.

Kikinnin strikes a solid hit on the howler as it attempts to stand up, followed by another hit of Marigold's morningstar just directly on the creature's head.

The dwarf warrior maneuvers a coordinate movement with Marigold whom understands with difficulty but efficacy. Both companions flanking Prickles attack simultaneously, axe and mace cutting and bruising the creature's poorly defended fur. Prickles looks to side and side, staggered by the several wounds, his bones broken too much to properly move.

JJ attacks with both his swords, but they only find the half-dwarf armor, the metal too strong to injury him it seems.

Then, Maxim shots once more his pistol, trying not to hit JJ with the bullet, but precisely aiming the shot. The shot is from so close that the bullet hits Kazmojen piercing the armor as if it was just butter.

The half-dwarf shrieks in pain and looks astonished as he finds his blood sliding to the floor.

The effects of Ruben's inspiring song come to an end.

With his last strengths the howler attempts to bite Marigold once more, but so weakly it results unharmful.
bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
S/P/B damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Prickles falls to the ground unconscious, too damaged to keep fighting.

At the sight of his pet fallen Kazmojen starts to shout crazily "You bastards! Come here and fight me cowards!"

The half-dwarf closes to Marigold in an attempt to defend his pet and attacks ferociously at the little halfling.
bite-PA: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 2 = 7
B/S/P damage+PA: 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 = 12

Claw 1-PA: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 2 = 8
B/S damage+PA: 1d4 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 = 13

Claw 1-PA: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 - 2 = 21
B/S damage+PA: 1d4 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 = 10
One of his claws finds her unprepared despite Ryan's divine protecting wave and tears through her left arm leaving it numb for a second.

Kazmojen's wounds heal partially. He shouts then "Pyllrak! Coward! Help us!"

As a sort of response you overhear some more casting somewhere north-west of the room, but nothing appears to happen.
Perception DC 20+distance to know where is him exactly

Just then, the western door opens and a new squad of hobgoblins enter the room. "At last!" shouts Kazmojen.

Then at the eastern door appears the halfling woman you liberated in the forge. She points towards you and shouts "There! They are the ones assaulting the fortress!"
But to whom she is talking, you do not know, as you cannot see anyone else past the door.


Pyllrak: 17 damage, -1 Wis, prot. vs good
Kazmojen: 2 damage, lost urgrosh
Prickles (howler): 38 damage, deafened 1 hour, unconscious, dying
Terrem: deafened 1 hour
JJ: 10/20 hp, p. evil r19, disguise self 70 min (glamer DC 11)
Kikinnin: 25/25 hp, p. evil r18
Marigold: 7/21 hp
Maxim: 12/12 hp, mage armor 70 min
Ruben: 16/19 hp, p. evil r20, howler curse (-1 Wis damage) frequency 1/hour
Ryan: 18/18 hp
Round 5: Marigold, JJ, Maxim, Kikinnin, Ruben (x2), Ryan, Buyer, Kazmojen


M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

Ryan circles around JJ trying to stay out of the ranger's sword arcs. Falling in opposite of MG who the troll/dwarf was attacking.

"Maxim how much acid you got?"

h mace+flank: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15
Dmg: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Attacks:
Longsword +4 (Arcane Strike) 1d8+3+1
Stats:
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +2 Dex, +1 shield) | HP 19 | Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +3; | Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 14 | Base Atk +1; CMB 4; CMD 16
Skills:
Acro +5, Bluff +7, Dip +7, Dis +6, Intim +10, Perc +4, Perf (orat) +6, SoH +5, Scrft +5, UMD +8

Ruben's looks up from the boy as the doors swing open to the west.

He curses foully as he sees an already bad situation getting steadily worse.

Give yourself an exit, LaChance, don't be a god*amned idiot who dies being a hero

It isn't heroic, but I'd like to use a Hero Point to cast Expeditious Retreat if I may. Ruben doesn't like the look of this at all and he doesn't plan on dying down here.

He gathers what power remains inside him before sheathing his blade and withdrawing his thieves' tool.

Round 2

Disable device: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Try as he might, the shackles on the boy remain stuck fast.


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Round 5 - Effects/Buffs: Mage Armour (+4AC)

As the combat rages around him, Maxim answers the circling Ryan's question with a shout;

"Two. An' one o' the special hot sauce as well Taskerhill..."

Standing before the enraged Kazmojen, the gun-mage keeps his discharged weapon raised and aimed. He flashes a hard smile at the brute as he moves forward (5ft Step - have moved Maxim's icon on map)...

Invoke last Hero Point - recall Burning Hands spell used earlier

Levelling the gun's barrel at their foe he utters arcane words as fire spits from the weapon in a cone of flame;

"Brandende handen!"

Cast Burning Hands at Kazmojen - (Standard Action) - will unfortunately engulf the child adjecent to the half-troll, but should miss JJ and Marigold.

Any/All caught in 15ft. Cone take following fire damage (DC14 Reflex for half): 2d4 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

Hearing the halflings words, JJ hopes that she has rallied the other slaves to help them. Armed with crossbows, they may be able to counter the goblin reinforcements... at least for a time.

He goes on the offensive, stepping up to the horrible half dwarf and letting his blades to his talking for him.

"Surabar!"

I think JJ still has the inspire song this round, as he comes before Ruben, and didn't benefit from it the first round. If I got this wrong, subtract one from tohit and damage
attack, inspire,TWF: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 10
off hand attack, inspire, TWF: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 - 2 = 7

The attacks serve little purpose other that distracting the horrible dwarf.
And hopefully giving Kikinnin a flank. Also, I think after that channel JJ should be on 20hp, not 10.

"Grab the weapon somebody!"


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Round 5

Marigold staggers, bleeding heavily from Kazmojen's assault. Knowing she can't take another beating like that one, she does the only thing she knows to do - retreat and retreat fast, back towards her fellow halfling.

Maybe the others can take potshots if he comes after me!

Marigold will withdraw as a full-round action.


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Ryan hits the half-dwarf on the armor which deflects his heavy mace.

You had a pending action from last round so no need to spend a hero point in your case
Ruben brings up a new spell giving himself a better speed. The lock though refuses to open "Came' on man, can you not do this simple thing? What kind of rescue is this?" says the boy to Ruben.

Maxim struggles to find magical energies where there are no more and blasts with fire Kazmojen.
Ref Kazmojen DC 14: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Ref Lucinda DC 14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
The tongues of flame are perhaps not that strong because he realises Lucinda is just next to the half-dwarf. Both are just slightly scorched.

JJ pushes the assault against Kazmojen but his swords both hit just the dwarven breastplate.

Marigold retreat towards the door, next to the halfling who has the shackles no more.

There, at the eastern door Marigold feels something passing just next to her and into the room. Then divine words are heard from a male soft voice "Desna's blessings be with you" and a soft hand touches the halfling.
Cure moderate wounds: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 3) + 3 = 11
Most of Marigold's wounds suddenly closes with a divine light acting over them.

Suddenly, just next to Kazmojen appears a young half-elf of pale complexion, crisp blue eyes, silky blonde hair cut short and left wild, and a pinky finger missing from his left hand. The half-elf expression is concerned and serious while he attacks the half-dwarf by surprise.
mwk shortsword+invisibility: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 = 24
P damage+sneak attack: 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 2 + (1) = 9
The unknown half-elf stabs his fine shortsword on an open armor spot, just on the back part of Kazmojen lungs. The half-dwarf turns shouting angry.

The half-elf shouts at Ryan "Keep distracting him on that flank! Do not allow those hobgoblins to alert other guards!"

The just arrived hobgoblins take preventive shots at Maxim's and Ryan with their bows.
longbow vs Maxim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
P damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

longbow vs Ryan-melee penalty: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 4 = 17
P damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1
The first arrow stabs at Maxim, almost deflected by his mage armor spell. The second one is deflected by Ryan using his shield.

There is no notice of Pyllrak, the buyer.
Perception DC 40 as he has not moved or cast

GM:

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Kazmojen wounds seems not to heal this time but are quickly recovering from Maxim's fire. The half-dwarf turns his attention to the new comer.
bite-PA: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 - 2 = 21
B/S/P damage+PA: 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 4 = 15

Claw 1-PA: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 2 = 16
B/S damage+PA: 1d4 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 = 12

Claw 1-PA: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 2 = 10
B/S damage+PA: 1d4 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 = 10
The half-elf is taken unprepared by the bestial strength of Kazmojen and his bite leaves the swift warrior barely standing on foot.

The halfling woman closes by next to Anfa and starts trying to free her.

Pyllrak: 14 damage, -1 Wis, prot. vs good
Kazmojen: 13 damage, lost urgrosh, no regeneration r6
Prickles (howler): 38 damage, deafened 1 hour, unconscious, dying
Lucinda: 2 damage
Terrem: deafened 1 hour
Half-elf: 15 damage, shield of faith r13
JJ: 20/20 hp, p. evil r19, disguise self 70 min (glamer DC 11)
Kikinnin: 25/25 hp, p. evil r18
Marigold: 18/21 hp
Maxim: 10/12 hp, mage armor 70 min
Ruben: 16/19 hp, p. evil r20, howler curse (-1 Wis damage) frequency 1/hour
Ryan: 18/18 hp
Round 6: Marigold, JJ, Maxim, Kikinnin (x2), Ruben, Ryan, Buyer, Kazmojen


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 5

Status:

AC = 22, PfE (26, +4 v Giant Subtype???)
HP = 13/25
Weapon Equipped = MW Dwarven Greataxe
Condition(s) = PfE, Wax +2

Kikinnin obliges Kazmojen, stepping up against the wretched usurper to the throne. Wax still in his ears, he bellows out at the half-troll. "You are Blight in these sacred Halls, you Bastard! We'll not even run you off, we'll bleed you in return for the bleeding you brought! Your healing's not gonna hold, if we can swing on you faster than your skin can stitch you up!"

MW Dwarven Greataxe, Flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14 for 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 damage

Round 6

If the blaggard is bold enough to stand his ground, Kikinnin takes another swipe, seeking to separate an arm from the breastplate.

"You want to fight fair, you sink your claws into me, Kaz, into me! Took this set of armor off your wife just moments ago! Didn't look right, sending your woman into battle in your place!"

MW Dwarven Greataxe, Flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25 for 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 damage


Attacks:
Longsword +4 (Arcane Strike) 1d8+3+1
Stats:
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +2 Dex, +1 shield) | HP 19 | Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +3; | Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 14 | Base Atk +1; CMB 4; CMD 16
Skills:
Acro +5, Bluff +7, Dip +7, Dis +6, Intim +10, Perc +4, Perf (orat) +6, SoH +5, Scrft +5, UMD +8

Hey listen you snot nosed little bastard, you want to try this? Ruben shouts at the mewling kid. We're risking our asses here!

He continues to curse the ungrateful attitude of the youth as he works furiously on the shackles.

Disable device: 1d20 ⇒ 7 (Sigh)

Screw this, it ain't happening. He must have the key on him and that's the only chance we've got to get you out of here so shut your mouth and try not to draw attention to yourself. Ruben warns, once again ripping his longsword from it's sheathe.


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Round 6: Effects: Mage Armour (+4AC)

As the goblin arrow nicks his shoulder, Maxim throws the newly arrived hoch-jeblin a hard look and changes tack, shifting his pistol to his off-hand [ooc](Move Action), then pulling forth his wand.

"Damned hoch-jebs... Stick me will you?"


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

Buoyed by the unexpected help - not to mention the wounds he didn't take that would surely have ended his short time as a swordsman, JJ renews his effects against the surrounded dwarf-troll.

"Your allies are dead and fled. You're next unless you are willing to wear those manacles yourself."

JJ snarls, taking on a fiercer expression than his somewhat tender years would normally allow.

"Suuuurrrraaaabbaaaaaaaaaaarrrrr"

attack, flank, TWF: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 - 2 = 24
off hand attack, flank, TWF: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 - 2 = 25
off hand crit confirm?, flank, TWF: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 - 2 = 13

This time both blades strike home, and JJ can hardly resist trying to twist them in the horrible mans body.

damage main hand: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
damage off hand: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Kikinnin succeeds at an strong slash of his greataxe into Kazmojens right leg.

JJ scores two hits on the monster's limbs, making him to bleed.

The half-elf keeps fighting Kazmojen with his two swords.
mwk shortsword+flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 17
P damage+sneak attack: 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (2) = 7
mwk shortsword+flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22
P damage+sneak attack: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (5) = 9
One of them finding the half-dwarf's skin and making it to bleed.

At the eastern door, again a soft chanting is heard and a starknife made of force materializes and flies towards Kazmojen!
Spiritual weapon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Force damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
To just hit the floor underneath.

The hobgoblins keep shooting arrows at the group.
longbow vs Maxim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
P damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6
longbow vs Ryan-melee penalty: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 4 = 13
P damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7
But both fly to high.

At the northern side of the room, you overhear the buyer chanting again something unknown. The chanting is this time hold in time.
Perception DC 20 to know what tile

Cornered, Kazmojen attempts to escape the situation stepping on the dais while some of his wounds heal again now that the fire effect has passed.
Kazmojen turns towards the dwarf taunting at him that just made him bleed and attacks.
bite-PA: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 2 = 25
B/S/P damage+PA: 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 = 13
Claw 1-PA: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 - 2 = 22
B/S damage+PA: 1d4 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 4 = 11
Claw 1-PA: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 2 = 14
B/S damage+PA: 1d4 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 = 10
The half-dwarf delivers mighty attacks on Kikinnin, but with his ancestral defensive training Kikinnin knows how to dodge those claws, and Marigold's spell protects him even from the precise bite.
Kikinnin's AC is a brutal 28 against Kazmojen!

Maple attempts to force open Anfa's shackles.
Disable device: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Pyllrak: 14 damage, -1 Wis, prot. vs good
Kazmojen: 38 damage, lost urgrosh
Prickles (howler): 40 damage, deafened 1 hour, unconscious, dying
Lucinda: 2 damage
Terrem: deafened 1 hour
Half-elf: 15 damage, shield of faith r13
JJ: 20/20 hp, p. evil r19, disguise self 70 min (glamer DC 11)
Kikinnin: 12/25 hp, p. evil r18
Marigold: 18/21 hp
Maxim: 10/12 hp, mage armor 70 min
Ruben: 16/19 hp, p. evil r20, howler curse (-1 Wis damage) frequency 1/hour, expeditious retreat 2 min
Ryan: 18/18 hp
Round 7: Marigold (x2), JJ, Maxim, Kikinnin, Ruben, Ryan (x2), Buyer, Kazmojen


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Round 6

Not inclined to look gift-saviors in the mouth, Marigold feels her spirits buoyed by the sudden appearance of the half-elf and Maple.

Maybe we can do this! Maybe we can win!

Knowing that her friends need to be free to concentrate on Kazmojen and freeing the children, she reaches out and places a hand on Maple's shoulder as she furiously works to undo Anafa's shackles. Knowing that Maple won't be able to understand her, all she can do is give her shoulder a squeeze.

Please, get Anafa out of here.

Gathering her courage, she stows her morningstar and darts back towards the melee.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

As she goes, she catches the sound of chanting from somewhere close by...

Casting Guidance on Maple, then sheathing her weapon as she moves.

Round 7

Seeing both Kikinnin and the mysterious half-elf bleeding heavily, Marigold steps up next to them and taps her friend with the healing wand.

Cure Light Wounds (Kikinnin): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Charges remaining (21).

Got to do something about those archers...

Move to current position, standard to use the wand on Kikinnin.


M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 round 6
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 round 7

Ryan continues to swing but is having horrible luck landing anything trying not to interfere with JJ on the one side and the child on the other side. Seems the best thing is to protect those who have been injured.

Round 8
Presenting his shield once again the clerics ask for healing and protection.
1d3 ⇒ 2hp and +1AC for one round


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

As the dwarf starts his retreat, JJ moves around the back of the pillar, coming up behind the foul creature again. The moves takes him, but he hopes it is worth while and he strikes out at Kazmojen with the blade of his family.

attack, flank: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 = 22
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

"No running away now. You didn't let my little brothers and sisters run after all. And when you're dead, I'm going to throw your body into the forges and watch it burn. Which is what your soul will likely do in the afterlife for your crimes."


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 7

Status:

AC = 22, PfE, 26 v Giants... I think....
HP[//b] = 25/25
[b]Weapon Equipped
= MW Dwarven Greataxe
Condition(s) = PfE, Wax +2

Marigold, I actually think Kikinnin has suffered no ill effects from Kazmojen! Initially, I thought he tagged me with a hit of 23, reducing me by 12hp, but we've got ourselves a half-giant in this battle :) Perhaps our new ally can use that healing touch?

Kikinnin continues to dog the half-troll, standing ready to provoke more swipes. At least, he hopes to.

"We've got ourselves even company, Kaz. We're starting to believe we've got the upper hand here. Kaz. Throw yourself down, and you may receive redemption yet. You think the gods aren't watching us? They've arrived, I think. Ryan's carrying Abadar in his heart here, and I'm starting to feel the same."

MW Dwarven Greataxe: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11 for 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 damage

Now the Dicebot just has to hear my prayers... sigh...


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Round 7 - Effects: Mage Armour (+4AC)

Keeping his baleful gaze on the two hobgoblin archers, Maxim aims the wand at the pair and releases another charge of its arcane energy;

"Sluimeren!"

Gnomiz:

Sleep!

Casting is a Full Round Action - won't effect until next round...


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Marigold helps Maple with divine guidance, then moves forward healing the unknown half-elf.

Ryan swings his mace attempting to hit Kazmojen, distracting him on that flank then channels energy protecting the group.

JJ turns around the column jumping to the dais and stabbing his sword on Kazmojen's back the enemy intimidated by his menace. The half-dwarf stumbles almost falling by the attack, but he instead turns towards JJ.

Kazmojen dodges Kikinnin's attack and shouts back pouring blood though his mouth "That is yet to be seen!"

Maxim starts waving the wand and using arcane words.

The half-elf smiles at Marigold "Thanks swetie" then moves around Kazmojen surrounding him and fighting side by side with JJ.
mwk shortsword+flank: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 = 28
P damage+sneak attack: 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (6) = 9
Crit?: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13
P damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Helped by Ryan's flank, the half-elf scores another hit on Kazmojen's back neck.

The flying starknife comes ones again flying against the half-dwarf.
Spiritual weapon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Force damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Failing to take the creature.

All of a sudden another half-elf materializes at the eastern side. Very young, with a tanned complexion, bright green eyes, a small scar across his right eyebrow, short brown hair and a cackling laugh. He has just shot an arrow from his shortbow.
mwk Shortbow+invis: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20
P damage+sneak attack: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (5) = 9
The arrow flies stabbing directly on the red hobgoblin's belly.

When the invisible Pyllrak finishes his casting a roiling wave of flesh appears just behind Maxim as he waves his wand. Amid the fatty surge wriggle half-formed limbs and a dripping tumorous face.
claws+flank: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 = 24
B/S damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
claws+flank: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 2 = 19
B/S damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Crit?: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 2 = 20
B/S damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
It tears the cleric's right leg unexpectedly with a mighty blow of its claws.
Does anyone know if a concentration check is needed to keep casting from a wand after receiving damage?

You notice someone at the northern doors, then the strip of metal blocking the doors starts flying and falls to one side unblocking the doors.

The hobgoblins aim both at the wizard menacing to cast a spell in front of them and let their arrows fly.
longbow vs Maxim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
P damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5
longbow vs Maxim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
P damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7
One of the arrows is almost to hit Maxim, but the positive energy of Abadar deflects the arrow in the last moment.

Observing the well defended Kikinnin, Kazmojen turns enraged to JJ whom is attacking him so precisely and attacks him furiously while his wounds keep healing.
bite-PA: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 2 = 19
B/S/P damage+PA: 1d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 4 = 14
Claw 1-PA: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 2 = 9
B/S damage+PA: 1d4 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 = 13
Claw 1-PA: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 2 = 25
B/S damage+PA: 1d4 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 = 12
Only one of the claws finds him, causing a big slash at the height of the shoulder.

Maple keeps working in the shackles lock unsuccessful.
Disable device+guidance: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 = 9

Red: 9 damage
Pyllrak: 12 damage, -1 Wis, prot. vs good
Kazmojen: 50 damage, lost urgrosh
Prickles (howler): 38 damage, deafened 1 hour, unconscious, stable
Lucinda: 0 damage
Terrem: deafened 1 hour
Half-elf: 7 damage, shield of faith r13
JJ: 8/20 hp, p. evil r19, disguise self 70 min (glamer DC 11)
Kikinnin: 25/25 hp, p. evil r18
Marigold: 20/21 hp
Maxim: 6/12 hp, mage armor 70 min
Ruben: 18/19 hp, p. evil r20, howler curse (-1 Wis damage) frequency 1/hour, expeditious retreat 2 min
Ryan: 18/18 hp
Round 8: Marigold, JJ, Maxim, Kikinnin, Ruben (x2), Ryan, Hobgoblins, Pyllrak/Lemure, Kazmojen


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 8

Status:

AC = 22 PfE/ 26 v Giant
HP = 25/25
Weapon Equipped = MW Dwarven Greataxe
Condition(s) = PfE, Wax+2

Kikinnin sees Kazmojen's hamster wheel change directions, and is all the more unhappy for being unable to hold onto the half-troll's attentions. "You coward! He's just a boy, barely armored! Bring your claws 'round, you beast!"

To remind the half-troll that he's still here, and able to inflict damage as well as the young man, the black-beard lays into Kaz another time.

MW Dwarven Greataxe, Flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 26 for 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 damage

"AHAHA! Boy, did that feel good!! The axe sings of something like justice, it does! Feels like we've got the gods' attention!"


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

@GM-Rutseg: Had a quick check online on the concentration check requirement for wands - doesn't look like there is anything definitive? As wands are a spell trigger/activation item rather than straight up "casting" the spell... I'm thinking no - but I'm bias lol


2 people marked this as a favorite.
M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

Round 8
Frustrated as his lack of connecting with their enemy, Ryan still encourages Kikinnin and JJ forward as he keeps the half-troll hemmed in.
"True son of Malachite, today will be sung of in history future. When Dwarf, Elf and Man stood against the evil growing within the fortress. Now JJ, off with his head and we'll see how well he regenerated then!"

standard action - Inspiring Word[JJ](Target receives +2 on attack, skill checks, ability checks and saving throws for 1 rds.
)
2/6 left


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Ryan inspires Kikinnin to fight stronger against their enemies.

Maxim finishes moving his wand, the easiness of use allowing him to continue despite the pain.
Red Will DC 11: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Black Will DC 11: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
The hobgoblin in black clothing falls to the floor slept.

With a precise movement of his dwarven axe, Kikinnin opens a wide gash on Kazmojen's face. The half-dwarf faints due too the too much blood losed and falls to the floor. The gash seems to start closing fast.

Red: 9 damage
Black: slept r19
Pyllrak: 12 damage, -1 Wis, prot. vs good
Kazmojen: 61 damage, lost urgrosh
Prickles (howler): 38 damage, deafened 1 hour, unconscious, stable
Lucinda: 0 damage
Terrem: deafened 1 hour
Half-elf: 7 damage, shield of faith r13
JJ: 8/20 hp, p. evil r19, disguise self 70 min (glamer DC 11)
Kikinnin: 25/25 hp, p. evil r18, inspiring word r9
Marigold: 20/21 hp
Maxim: 6/12 hp, mage armor 70 min
Ruben: 18/19 hp, p. evil r20, howler curse (-1 Wis damage) frequency 1/hour, expeditious retreat 2 min
Ryan: 18/18 hp
Round 8: Marigold, JJ, Maxim, Kikinnin, Ruben (x2), Ryan, Hobgoblins, Pyllrak/Lemure, Kazmojen


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Round 8

Even as Kazmojen falls to the floor and one of the hobgoblins at the western doors follows suit, Marigold knows that they're still not in the clear just yet. Hoping that some of the others will be able to come to Maxim's aid, the halfling steps up to the gun-mage and taps him with the wand.

Cure Light Wounds (Maxim): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Charges remaining (20).

Kn. Arcana (Summoned Creature?): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

JJ takes the opportunity presented by the fallen dwarf to try an execute him.

Coupe de Grace
autocritial damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 4) + 6 = 16
Fort save or die.

"Someone get fire."


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Round 8 - Effects: Mage Armour (+4AC)

As Marigold's healing washes over him, the gun-mage utters a "Thank you kindly Missy..." as he steps away from his corpulent foe (5ft Step);

"Got fire on me Surabar... acid too. Best we take care of the other dancing partners first though eh?"

Maxim sheaths wand, then pistol Move Action each (each provokes AoO) then nods toward the remaining hob archer and the gross new arrival;

"Anyone know what in the name o' Forge-fathers that is?!


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Kikinnin watches JJ go for the final blade fall, with a mixture of pride and interest. He's learning, at least. Some things must be seen through. Quench the fire, don't leave embers to burn.

The black-beard lifts his gaze from the fallen Kaz, to Maxim making more noise about further foes. "Dunno, but if it bites, bite back."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Maxim grumbles at his fellow dwarves advice as he prepares to deal with the threats around him;

"Gods be damned... We've a sage in our ranks! Rouradont the Wise!"


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Kikinnin waits for Maxim to finish his thought. ...ass? When it doesn't come forth, he chuckles. "I see your color, Maxim. Dwarves aren't as versed in sarcasm, but gnomes, on the other hand..." The black-beard laughs heartily.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M HP 101/101 | AC 23, touch 11, flat-footed 22 | Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +15 | Init +1, Perception +7, Stealth -2 | speed 30' | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 (6d6 ) | Inspiring Word 8/8 (+2 / 6 round) | Agile Feet 8/8 |Cleric Spells (0 -4/4, 1st -7/7, 2nd-6/6, 3rd-6/6, 4th-5/5, 5th-5/5, 6th-3/3)

Ryan ignores the dwarves jest amongst themselves, turning to the creature menacing Maxim and Marigold.

"Withdraw from this thing and burn Kaz or melt him, damned if I care which, but stop the regeneration we'll deal with the rest."

Hoping to put his action to match his words, Ryan swings at the abomination. Yet once again fails to connect solidly with an opponent.

h mace: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 sigh

GMR, requesting 1 +5 heavy mace that hits on touch AC, with these single digit rolls I'm gonna need it to hit anything including the barn wall :)


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Marigold heals Maxim with the wand while taking a closer look at the strange creature. It is definitely a summoned creature, but she does not have the knowledge to know what is it.

K. planes DC 11:

This is a common devil without brain. It has DR 5/good or silver

JJ uses his sword to cut Kazmojen's head. The head though starts to regenerate.

K. local DC 15:

You know fire or acid will be needed to stop the regeneration and kill Kazmojen.

Ryan swings at the strange mass raising a prayer for a better luck or at least a better weapon.
May the gods listen your prayer :)

The force starkey suddenly disappears and the dark haired half-elf advances climbing to the dais and casting a spell on the blonde one "Are you ok Fario?"
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
As his wounds close he answers "Much better now Fellian. Thanks. We have to try stop the hobgoblins."
With that the blonde half-elf jumps out of the dais and swings at the hobgoblin.
mwk shortsword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
P damage+sneak attack: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Seeing the situation, the remaining hobgoblin looks back and retreats all over the bridge turning to the south when he reaches that side while shouting "Croleks! Croleks! Kazmojen lakol! Croleks!"

The stupid mass keeps attacking switching targets randomly.
claws Ryan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
S/B damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
claws Marigold: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
S/B damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
claws Marigold: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
S/B damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
And despite his clumsiness one of his claws take Marigold unprepared.

The doors to the north suddenly open without no one there apparently. You overhear hustled steps to the north.

Disable device: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Maple keeps trying to unbind Anfa. Both the child and the halfling seem to start becoming desperate.

Red: 9 damage
Black: slept r19
Pyllrak: 12 damage, -1 Wis, prot. vs good
Kazmojen: 72 damage, lost urgrosh
Prickles (howler): 38 damage, deafened 1 hour, unconscious, stable
Lucinda: 0 damage
Terrem: deafened 1 hour
Fario (Half-elf): 1 damage, shield of faith r13
JJ: 8/20 hp, p. evil r19, disguise self 70 min (glamer DC 11)
Kikinnin: 25/25 hp, p. evil r18, inspiring word r9
Marigold: 16/21 hp
Maxim: 11/12 hp, mage armor 70 min
Ruben: 18/19 hp, p. evil r20, howler curse (-1 Wis damage) frequency 1/hour, expeditious retreat 2 min
Ryan: 18/18 hp
Round 9: Marigold, JJ, Maxim, Kikinnin (x2), Ruben (x2), Ryan, Half-elves, Hobgoblins, Pyllrak/Lemure


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 9

Kikinnin retrieves his backpack, pulling out a torch, and his flint and steel, and gets to work lighting the torch, presuming there are no actively lit torches in the room already. "JJ, make sure it doesn't... ew, is it trying to reconnect?"

Full Round Action to light a torch, Move Action to Retrieve an Item, so he's good for the next round too...


Male HP 104/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); Potions: CMW(3) AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

JJ gives off hacking at the stump of Kaz and runs northwards, heading towards the levers and pulling them to activate the pit trap!

1,201 to 1,250 of 10,409 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [AP] The Shackled City by GM Rutseg - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.