The Nebten's Demand (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten

XP 8188/9000 | Belhaim Map | Battle Map


1,151 to 1,200 of 1,689 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Calli inspires her comrades to action! Kale swings and barely misses the grizzly. Haruf sees an opening and slashes at the bear. It leaves a wound, but not as wide as Haruf would have liked.

Iulia & Alex stand in shock at the summoned monster.

The grizzly attempts to bite at Kale.

Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Dmg: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

The grizzly then turns with his razor claws to lash and slash the Spider.

Claw 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Dmg: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Claw 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Dmg: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Round 2! Everybody may go. Advice is up. -8 hp to Smokey

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Ouch! Will wait the rest of the gang to act again.


Inactive

Calli's Round 2

"Aieeee!" Calli cries as she circles around the bear and suddenly attempts to leap onto its' back and grapple with it...

Grapple (Improved Grapple; Advice, Flanking?): 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 15

But unfortunately can't seem to get a good grip on the flailing beast!

"Leave that Spider alone! Guys, try ta hit it while Ah got 'em distracted!" she cries.

Attempt to grapple as a standard, maintaining advice as a free action. Preeeeetty sure that grapple was a fail against a bear...


"Keep you attention on me!!!" Kale shouted to the bear as she brought her weapon back around.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

"I'm the one you need to be worried about!" She told, doing her best to keep the bear away from her lover.


male Half-elf

reflexes only seemed to kick in as a delayed Alex notches an arrow and lets it fly at the bear. "Old Deadeye, let my aim not falter."

alex vs bear: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
dmg: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Seeing everything fuzzy, Haruf focuses on the job and stabs.

Dagger Attk: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 27
Dmg: 1d4 + 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + (1) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 6
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 26
Crit extra dmg: 1d4 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 5

Being too much effort, Haruf starts to lose conscience. Finish it, he says, before fainting.

WTF are these rolls?

Dark Archive

Haruf, I believe you are at 1 hp. He only took 18 points of dmg. The reason Haruf is seeing everything fuzzy is that there is a 12 foot bear in front of him. =v)
Alex, don't forget the penalty for shooting into melee.

The bear shrugs Calli off of its back, tossing her into one of the bed's posts.

Kale finds an opening and slashes the bear. Alas, the the strike doesn't leave a wound.

Alex's arrow whizzes past Kale and lands in the meaty part of the bears leg.

Haruf feints weakness, leaving the bear open for the Spider to slip one of his daggers into its side.

The bear turns to Kale and sets its sights on Kale. Its teeth and claws give off an malevolent glow as it begins to bite and rake the warrior.

Smite Bite vs Kale: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Dmg: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Smite Claw 1 vs Kale: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Dmg: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Smite Claw 2 vs Kale: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Dmg: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Round 3. Everybody is up! Advice up. -16 hps.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Oh, wow. And I'm supposed to be good at math!

Haruf finds renewed strength and attacks with all his might the fuzzy opponent.

Dagger Attk 1: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 18
Dagger Attk 2: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 13
Bite Attk: 1d20 - 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 + 2 + 1 = 8

Dmg Dagger 1: 1d4 + 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + (4) + 2 + 1 = 9
Dmg Dagger 2: 1d4 + 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + (6) + 1 + 1 = 11
Dmg Bite: 1d4 + 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + (2) + 1 + 1 = 8


Inactive

Calli's Round 3

"Ow...dumb idear..." Calli groans as she hops up and decides to simply try slugging the bear as hard as she can.

Attack (Stunning Fist; Advice, Flanking?): 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

DC 14 Fort save or be stunned one round.

Dark Archive

Haruf's first dagger is able to cut through the bear's thick hide, while he only bites a mouth full of fur.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Calli is able clock the bear across the jaw, but it leaves no residual affect.

Kale, Alex & Iulia are up. -20 hps


"This thing still isn't down?!" Kale shouted angrily as she brought her weapon back around and slammed it down.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Dark Archive

Kale hammers the bear, but its supernatural hide defects most of the damage.

Smokey unleashes a barrage of tooth and claw in the direction of Kale, a worthy adversary.

Smite Bite vs Kale: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Dmg: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Smite Claw 1 vs Kale: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Dmg: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Smite Claw 2 vs Kale: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Dmg: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Round 4. Everybody is up! Advice running. -22 hps.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Gotta love that armor of yours, Kale

Haruf goes for the same move again, seeing that it's a little effective.

Dagger Attk 1: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 23
Dagger Attk 2: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 15
Bite Attk: 1d20 - 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 + 2 + 1 = 3

Dmg Dagger 1: 1d4 + 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + (8) + 2 + 1 = 15
Dmg Dagger 2: 1d4 + 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + (1) + 1 + 1 = 6
Dmg Bite: 1d4 + 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + (1) + 1 + 1 = 6


I know! It's what is keeping her alive! XD

Kale felt the pressure of the bite, but thanked her armor for not allowing it to reach her skin. "Stop scratching up my armor!" She snapped.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Dark Archive

Haruf's right hand seems to be finding its mark. Alas, his left hand and bite can't get around the large animal to find a flesh.

Kale, now in a rhythem, lands another strong blow against the grizzly.

Smokey, bloody and battered, collapses to stand on all four paws. It still snarls and roars, awaiting an opening.

Alex, Iulia & Calli are up. -38 hps.


male Half-elf

Alex tries to slide another arrow past his friends towards the bear, hoping to drop it soon. "time to sleep. You've done your job."

Alex vs bear : 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 4 = 22
DMG : 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Inactive

Calli's Round 4

"Ah think we've got 'em on th' ropes now!" Calli calls out as she strikes at the bear yet again.

Attack (Unarmed Strike; Advice): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Dark Archive

Alex and Calli are able to do minimal damage to the bear as it lingers on.

It lashes out one final time at Kale, in hopes he can defend his master's room.

Smite Bite vs Kale: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Dmg: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Smite Claw 1 vs Kale: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Dmg: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Smite Claw 2 vs Kale: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Dmg: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

After landing a solid bite, the party is able to gang up on the fiendish grizzly bear and send him back from whence he came.

Once the party is able to continue searching the room, Calli finds on the nightstand is a scrap of paper:

On the moors Iulia walked in a daze
There she'd bark at the moon and the haze
Still her friends weren't concerned
For by now they had learned
Once a month she would go through this phase.

Haruf rummages through the desk. In the top desk drawe, the rogue discovers a ring of keys. In the chest are a variety of coins and gemstones.

Appraise DC 20:
Bedroom Lot: The armoires and wardrobes store rich clothing worth a total of 850 gp. Sitting on the writing desk is a gold ring set with a fat black pearl worth i,350 gp

In the chest are coins and gemstones worth 3,200 gp.

Congrats, you defeated the Bear Summoning Rug. Each PC earns 400XP.


Kale gave a groan of pain from the bite. Blood was dripping through her armor as she shifted to lean on her weapon. "Damn... Bastard took a good chunk out of me..." She said.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Appraise: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Kale goes over to Kale to check if she's ok. He helps her up and touches her wound gently. 'nother scar?

Haruf looks at Iulia. You a werewolf?, he asks bluntly. This doesn't look good.

Nebten, I'll never ever look at carpets the same way. Not sure if that's a good thing


male Half-elf

Alex turns his attention to healing the group, drowning out the current conversation in his ears with his own thoughts. Perhaps it's because he wanted to focus on the task at hand. No, that could not be it. He did not want to hear such questions of what iulia could be given the fact that he allowed himself to take on a small liking of the half-elf witch. While werewolves were known of, the knowledge of whether she was infected or born would determine much in Alex's mind.

Not allowing himself to be sucked into the trails that his mind could explore with this recent development, he focused for quite a while on his channeling to give haruf and kale plenty of healing

channel energyx3: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 1) = 10


Inactive

"Iulia a werewolf?" Calli blinks at Spider's question. "That's a pretty silly question ain't it? Note's prolly another one a' Hunclay's jokes or tricks," she chuckles. "But whew, that bear was downright nasty! Ah hope we don't run across no more tricks like that one."

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Seeing there's not much more to be seen, Haruf decides to check the eastern room door on the second floor. After checking for traps, he tries to unlock it.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Dark Archive

Haruf doesn't detect anything on the door, so he proceeds to jimmy open the door. He is unsuccessful on his first attempt, but after a few minutes he is able to open the lock.

As Haruf opens the door, an ear-piercing shriek emanates from the doorway.

Haruf DC 16 Fort save for 1/2 Dmg: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 3) = 9

Once the door has been opened, it revels a study. Two long tables of stained oak line the east wall of this room, each cluttered with alchemical supplies, Atop the desk on the west wall are writing implements, ink , sheets of vellum, and several scrolls. A large chest secured by a prominent lock sits just north of the desk.

Above his desk is a large painting. It is a group painting including Hunclay, Kale, Haruf, Calli and Iulia. It is a painting of joy and mirth. The sun is shining in the corner as each person is performing different actives in a grove: Calli is swinging from a tree, Kale is picking fruit with Haruf nearby to help, Iulia is dancing with Sweet-tooth, prancing about on his back two legs with Hanclay looking on sitting under a tree smiling with book and quill in hand. It is a painting of better times past yet hidden away from the world.

Spellcraft or Perception DC 20:
Assorted Potions Lot: Five flasks rest on the eastern tables: two vials of oil of keen edge, a potion of undetectable alignment, a potion of protection from acid, and a potion of protection from fire.

Read Magic:

Atop the writing desk are four scrolls containing spells: a scroll of campfire wall, a scroll of excruciating deformation, a scroll of haunting mists, and a scroll of manic circle against chaos.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Although the shriek didn't pierce Haruf's ear completely, it was loud enough for him to lose the sense of what is too loud in a conversation.

I'M GETTING REALLY TIRED OF THIS HUNCLAY MAGIC, he yells unnecessarily. He sees the chest before seeing the painting but pauses before entering.

I DON'T WANNA GO IN FIRST, he yells remembering the bear-carpet-guardian.

After seeing the painting, though, he thinks this room is one of peaceful thoughts, so he enters. He tries the keys he found in the other room on the lock on the chest.

Also, he calls everyone's attention to the potions on the shelf. i.e. reveal the perception check

Dark Archive

The yelling really made me laugh out loud. For that, I won't have the chest trap go off and give you all 200 XP for it =v).

Inside the chest is the grand prize... for a wizard. Six spellbook of various shapes and sizes are stored with in. Within their pages are nearly 100 different spells. It would take a wizard months to go through them all and even longer to scribe them. The pages are very organized. There are no errant scribbles or scratches. Except for one page.

On the section for spell secret page there some notations in the margins:

Look for Iulia
Eox
Aucturn
Carcosa

Dominion


Kale laughed as her lover shouted. She gave him a pat on the back before heading into the room. She stopped and looked at the painting, giving a low sad sigh. "Think they'd notice if we took this painting?" She asked the group.


Inactive

"Ah doubt it," Calii says quietly, even her own usual cheer dampened a bit by the sight of the painting. "Ah remember that day...that was a good day."

Glancing over at the potions she gets a thoughtful look. "Remind me, were we not 'sposed to take anything or were we just not 'sposed to take anything fancy like all them other books an' paintins' an' stuff?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

I suppose noone will know if some of these go missing, Haruf says back to his normal voice.

He starts to look for a secret passage in Hunclay's study saying I'm gonna be really disappointed if there's no secret passage in a mage's house.

Search for secrets: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Does this mean we're level 3 now?


male Half-elf

Through the painting, Alex only could gain a glimpse into this group's past, but nothing more since the painting seemed to hold a greater significance in regards to the time they had such a painting done. It made Alex a little envious of the closeness they others shared. To not let himself get too distracted with such things, he focused his attention toward the potions on the table and the scrolls.

spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

I am not entirely sure about the flasks, but he has a very strange selection of scrolls here.

Dark Archive

Haruf gives the room and floor a good thorough search, but he's unable to discover any secret doors.

Yep, you guys are 3rd level. I figured once you are finished with this floor, you guys would want to rest and level up. Then ya'll can either check out the barred door in the kitchen or proceed to the sub-level.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf suggests checking the sublevel.


Inactive

Do we happen to have a map of the manor and I'm just failing at finding it? :)

Dark Archive

They party has not procured a map of the manor and there has been no need for a battlemap at any time. So unless you are following along with graph paper, old school style, you'll just have to use your imagination =v)

Winding down the wrought iron spiral stair case, the party finds themselves in the Storage Cellar. These three interconnected rooms are cluttered with dozens of stacked crates and chests containing only mundane household supplies-nothing of particular value is kept here. There is a single door to the west here. Exiting the door, there is a 10' wide passageway the travels to the north and to the south.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Before going through the passageway, Haruf still searches for secrets in the basement. If nothing is found, he leads the party north through the passageway.

Search for secrets: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


"Think we could make a case about that painting being partly ours?" Kale asked the group before following after Haruf.

Dark Archive

Alas there are no secret doors in the Storage Cellar.

The hallway travels north before turning west. The hallways travels on for about 100' feet before ending at a door. Opening the door reviles some sort of lab.

Six stone slabs sit on the floor of the chamber. Heaped upon each are metal tools, gears, springs, and other parts for the construction of mechanical creations. There are no other exits from this room.

Knowledge Arcana DC 15:
The tools and parts confirms the area is for the crafting of clockworks.

Appraise DC 20:
Clockwork Lab Lot: The tools and resources kept in this lab are worth 2,500 gp.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Appraise: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Not understanding why Hunclay would have a lab so far from his home in the underground, Haruf tries to locate himself in the village while making his customary check for secrets.

Search for secrets: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Dark Archive

Haruf "Eight-arms" Sefka wrote:

Haruf tries to locate himself in the village while making his customary check for secrets.

I don't understand this part. Are you searching for secret doors in the lab or searching for "secrets" in the village?

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]
Nebten wrote:
Haruf "Eight-arms" Sefka wrote:

Haruf tries to locate himself in the village while making his customary check for secrets.

I don't understand this part. Are you searching for secret doors in the lab or searching for "secrets" in the village?

As we walked a lot, we're no longer underneath Hunclay's manor. Haruf is trying to pinpoint what is above them on surface level

Dark Archive

Haruf believes the party is still on the mount of which Hunclay Manor sits. The passages are heading towards Rogue River.

As the Spider gathers his senses, they begin to tingle he notices a draft from the eastern wall. It appears the young rogue has found the old wizard's secret door.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf's eye shines with excitement and he tries to open it.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17


"Well, I believe we have just made Haruf's days." Kale said When she saw the look in Haruf's eye. "Just be careful love"


Inactive

"Ah think we could Kale," Calli responds as Haruf leads them down into the cellar and through what appears to be some sort of laboratory. "Hunclay had his fingers in all sorts of pies didn't he?" she muses as she looks around. None of the equipment or gears really make any sense to her, but she reasons that they're probably important or possibly worthwhile to others - like other wizards.

Dark Archive

Haruf pulls down on the unlit torch sconce and the wall slides away to revel a secret passage. The narrow passage winds around the southern boarder of the lab before widening & continuing westward. After traveling another 100', the passage turns south. The southern route forks to the east or continuing to the south.


male Half-elf

alex is not only puzzled, but also amazed by the amount of work put into the work underneath more than just hunclay's house. "your wizard friend has really been busy." Keeping not only his bow, but also his senses sharp, with the surprise from the rest of the party, its pretty clear in alex's mind that this shouldn't be here


Inactive

"Geeze, how far do these tunnels go?" Calli grumbles as Haruf continues leading them further away from the manor's storage cellar. "An' why are they here? Did Hunclay make these or were they already here when he took up residence?"

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf thinks Calli's question is fair, but doesn't see the practical consequences. He wishes he knew the answer.

He figures the southern passage goes back to the house, so he continues east.

Dark Archive

Trotting down the short passage, and ends at an iron gate that hangs ajar. The room within is bare, except for a conjuration circle of silvery metal inlaid in stone floor and a small, rickety table on which sits a thin journal.

Inside the circle is a childlike blasphemy conjoining the features of a plump human infant and a gigantic, gore-fattened fly.

Inside your mind, a voice begins to speak as the creature flutters about within the circle.

"Yous, yous! Release us, pleases. Ready to go backs. Been heres too long. Please, release us."

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf refuses to relate to anything in that room.

1,151 to 1,200 of 1,689 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Nebten's Demand All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.