The Nebten's Demand (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten

XP 8188/9000 | Belhaim Map | Battle Map


1,401 to 1,450 of 1,689 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Maff takes her blade from Calli through the bars with a thankful nod. She gazes in Kale's direction before answering the questions.

"None hath sojourned between the wizard and thee. Recall but a name murmured by the mad mage, Aeteperax. The wizard feared his station hath been for naught for Aeteperax's demands became unwelcome."

Nothing looks out of place to Haruf, besides the wall of sunshine behind him. =v)

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf thinks he remembers that name from somewhere. It takes him a while to remember that it was the name of the dragon that the mad kobold chieftain worshiped. Yet, he doesn't remind anyone of this, as this dragon seems to be driving people mad one by one, first Hunclay, then the kobold chieftain.


"Oh I apologize, we thought Hunclay had just been enchanting weapons on the side for extra coin." Kale, who had been working to get the scimitar off her belt, stated before finally looked up to Maff at the same time she gazed down to her. "Aeteperax?" She asked as she handed the shadow woman her weapon back. "What demands was this Aeteperax making?" She questioned as she shifted slightly.

Dark Archive

Maff gives a grateful nod to Kale upon return of her sword.

"Shadows know, for the matter was not discussed."


N Male Elf Witch 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 (15 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed) | CMB 0, CMD 11 | Fort. +1, Ref. +2, Will +3, +5 enchantment | Init. +2 | Perc. +7, Sense Motive +2 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 2/3, 2nd 1/2 | Active conditions: Mage Armour

From Haruf's post I'm guessing Id'ing Aeteperax would be a Knowledge(local) check, so Vretiel has never heard of it.

"Oh, Aeteperax…? Is that another wizard? What an irresistible name! Such a shame you don't know what he wanted from the mad wizard! We absolutely must find him/her and get an exclusive interview. Anyway, last question from me: what do you do know about the Dark Tapestry?"

Whilst the shae replies and his companions finish their lines of questioning, Vretiel speaks gibberish to Anastasia, apparently giggling uncontrollably at whatever empathic sensations the viper sends as a reply.

When they are about to leave, the elf stops his giggling, a smile stuck on his face: "You were so amazingly kind, it was such a pleasure speaking to you! We will be back with the dust you mentioned! Oh, and take this, for the boring and lonely hours! It has this spicy story on a lonely sorcerer who once summoned a fomorian, it's unmissable!" He says, taking an old purple chapbook curled up on his belt and handing it to Maff. On the cover, amongst engravings of the actions of what is probably a gnome, one can make out the title and number Outsider's Pepper #44.


Inactive

"Whoa whoa whoa - ain't this Aeteperax s'posed ta be dead?" Calli exclaims. "Now I get why them kobolds might worship a dead dragon but now this bit with Hunclay don't make sense. You're makin' it sound like Hunclay thought th' thing is alive! That's crazy, ain't it? Ah'd think it'd be mighty hard to hide a livin' dragon 'round here."

"Look, Ah read up on it. This town o' Belhaim got founded by Tula Belhaim after she killed ol' Aeteperax fer destroyin' her hometown," she explains to Vretiel and Iskra. "Th' emperor of Taldor gave her a fancy title and all this land 'round here an' so people founded a town an' named it after her."


Wizard 3 | HP 16/16 | AC 16 (16 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed) | CMB 0, CMD 11 | Fort. +1, Ref. +3, Will +3 | Init. +8 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 3/4, 2nd 1/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

A thin line appears between Iskra's brows as she mulls over Calli's words, and she crosses her arms and tucks in her chin, her ebon hair slipping from where she'd tucked it behind her ear to whisper across her jawline.

"Well - I suppose it's possible Hunclay was communing with this dragon's spirit... after all, he seems to have been rather indiscriminate with whom he spoke. But then, why might this spirit be making demands? Passions and desires are the province of the living."

She catches a strand of her hair between her lips and chews on it absentmindedly before glancing back up at the others. "Most likely - if this was indeed a dread and powerful dragon from history - someone else has taken up the name in the hopes of benefiting from its reputation. A cheap move, but no doubt an effective one... at least, this pretender seems to have had Hunclay on his heels."

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf is glad to finally hear sensible talk as Calli remarks nothing making sense. When Iskra talks of spirits, he shivers at the thought that the summoning of the old dragon's spirit could have caused Hunclay and the kobold chief to go mad. While curious, he isn't willing to pursue dead spirits, much less the spirit of an old mean powerful dragon.

We'll get you out, Maff. You know where the dust could be?, Haruf says feeling some empathy towards the shadow being.

Dark Archive

Knowledge History, but Calli relayed the jest of it. Good job, girl. ;)

Maff takes the book awkwardly and examines it with contempt.

"It resides in a cave outside of this hamlet. Tis all I know."

XP Reward: Belhaim Historian. Each PC earns 160 XP


Inactive

"Outside th'...okay so in a cave somewheres outside a' town then," Calli nods. "That means we'd need ta' head back outta here again an' track down this cave," she frowns. "Whatcha think we should do?" she asks, looking at the others.


N Male Elf Witch 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 (15 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed) | CMB 0, CMD 11 | Fort. +1, Ref. +2, Will +3, +5 enchantment | Init. +2 | Perc. +7, Sense Motive +2 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 2/3, 2nd 1/2 | Active conditions: Mage Armour

"Or, you know, he could just be insane…?" Vretiel says absent-mindedly. Shortly after, he sighs "Given that Anastasia is sending me rude and angry sensations, I guess I am wrong. It could be an impostor, a relative, a power-hungry dracolich, a spirit with unfinished business. Though, really, one would expect dead dragons of legend to be more, well, mature?"

"Anyhow, some cave around the village is rather vague, isn't it?", says the elf in reply to Calli, rolling his eyes, "I suppose that we can try asking around for any odd caves?" After speaking, Vretiel goes through the torn apart diary, looking for mentions of any visits to caves around Belhaim.


Wizard 3 | HP 16/16 | AC 16 (16 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed) | CMB 0, CMD 11 | Fort. +1, Ref. +3, Will +3 | Init. +8 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 3/4, 2nd 1/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

"A cave?"

Iskra taps her lips in thought. During her apprenticeship in Belhaim, Iskra had often taken refuge in long if imprudent walks around the township, searching out isolated spots of beauty, forgotten glades where butterflies danced or isolated pools where she could write to the sound of trickling water. Had she ever come across a cave that might suit such a purpose, or heard of one in tales of the town's past...?

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Knowledge History: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Knowledge Geography: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Dark Archive

Vretiel is unable to derive any clues from the scorched journal.

Iskra is aware that the surrounding wooden hills are honeycombed with caves. The ones to the north off of Ol' Devy Road might the best option to explore first.


Wizard 3 | HP 16/16 | AC 16 (16 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed) | CMB 0, CMD 11 | Fort. +1, Ref. +3, Will +3 | Init. +8 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 3/4, 2nd 1/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

She gives a wry smile to the others as she emerges from her reverie. "There are some caves to the north off of Ol' Devy Road that might serve as a good place to start our explorations - I recall being too nervous at the time to venture into their depths when I stumbled across them for the first time. Maybe now is the time to see what lies within them?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf nods slightly at Iskra's conclusions even if no one sees it. After they leave Maff's cell, he reminds everyone that the mansion isn't all checked out yet, there's still a barred door.

Dark Archive

... along with a passage on this level too.


N Male Elf Witch 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 (15 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed) | CMB 0, CMD 11 | Fort. +1, Ref. +2, Will +3, +5 enchantment | Init. +2 | Perc. +7, Sense Motive +2 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 2/3, 2nd 1/2 | Active conditions: Mage Armour

After a few minutes carefully going though the wizard's journal, Vretiel moans: "Ugh, nothing useful here. How long to these caves of yours, my prettiest little dove? If it takes too long I'd suggest we first finish the manor and find that little escaped devil…for an interview."

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf leads the party on to the passage still left on this level, searching for traps. Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Inactive

"Might be fer th' best," Calli nods sagely as Haruf beckons them onward to the unexplored passage. "We can't keep runnin' back an' forth from the manor 'fore we make sure everythin' nasty in here's been cleared out. Th' more we do, th' more likely somethin's gonna get out that we don't want gettin' out!"

Dark Archive

The party returns to the first fork outside of the basement pantry. They journey south then turn to the west. Along this hallway are three doors next to each other on the north end of the hall.

The easternmost door opens into a well-stocked wine cellar, with many fine and rare vintages from across the Inner Sea. The behind the middle door contains a generous cache of sides of beef, pork, mutton, fowl, and fish, all frozen thanks to permanent wall of ice against the north wall. The last door is locked.

Haruf detects no traps.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf looks at the wine cellar with little interest as he prefers rougher spirit, but he still searches for secret passages in it.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Behind the middle door, however, he looks at everything with great excitement. He suddenly misses Hunclay very much, wishing he could share all that food with his wizard friend.

He tries to unlock the final door.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16


"You know, this was clever." Kale said as she looked around the room. "Using magic to keep the food. Not bad... Not bad at all." She smirked before she looked over to her lover who was working on the door. "You sure there aren't any traps this time?" She joked as she moved next to him.

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

As he struggles with the door, Haruf effortfully groans Yeah yeah, I checked, as he retries if 16 isn't enough.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24


N Male Elf Witch 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 (15 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed) | CMB 0, CMD 11 | Fort. +1, Ref. +2, Will +3, +5 enchantment | Init. +2 | Perc. +7, Sense Motive +2 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 2/3, 2nd 1/2 | Active conditions: Mage Armour

Vretiel's eyes widen at the sight of the wine. "Such a nice collection! Uh-huh, such good taste. Let's come back here when we're done and celebrate! I bet Maff could use a drink." The elf walks around the rooms, half checking the bottles and meat, half scanning both spaces and the door for traces of magic, ignoring the obvious huge magic ice wall, making small interjections every now and then.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Dark Archive

Vretiel scans the freezer room but does not find anything out of place. But the ice wall is indeed a permanent wall of ice.

Like all of the locks Haruf has encountered so far in this manor, he requires a very long time to disable the lock (Take 20). After unlocking the door and opening it, a loud scream bellows forth from the doorway!

Haruf & Kale roll Fort Save DC 16 and take 4d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 6, 2) = 14 pod. Save for half dmg

Inside the final storage room lies a large supply of magical components for spellcasting and research.

Appraisal DC 20:
Storage Lot: The contents of the first and third storage rooms are worth 2,500 gp in total.

The hallway continues onward to the west. It ends at a door made of thick, dark iron etched with arcane symbols. However the door is not locked.

Knowledge (Arcana) DC 18:
You recognizes the symbols are obscure glyphs employed to imprison dangerous summoned creatures.


Inactive

"Ow...dang it Hunclay, couldn't ya have gone a bit easier on th' traps?" Calli groans, giving her head a shake to clear the ringing in her ears. "That was 'bout as bad as the bear rug thing..."


Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

"What was that?" Kale called as she shook her head. "Love? what did you do?" She asked as her head throbbed as she rested a hand upon his shoulder. "And please tell me that is the last one we'll be triggering!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Haruf falls on his bottom at the scream. I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE SCREAMS IN THIS HOUSE. With some difficulty to hear Kale's comment, he says loudly I didn't find any traps, I swear! Don't blame me, I don't know why this keeps happening.

Before the dark iron door with arcane symbols, he blurts Someone else open it, I ain't. Annoyed, he looks for some shadow to hide in, but only after touching Kale's hand for her caring.


male Half-elf

When the sudden blast of sound struck kale and haruf, Alex was just about ready to say something snarky about being sure of traps or not. However, the medic in him took precedence as he moved closer to assess their current conditions, all the while keeping certain prayers on the tip of his lips just in case. "I guess that trap was well hidden." He said casually. Taking a glance into the room, however, answered and questions Alex would have had about the placement of such a trap.

conserving a channel in case it seems either of them failed the save


N Male Elf Witch 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 (15 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed) | CMB 0, CMD 11 | Fort. +1, Ref. +2, Will +3, +5 enchantment | Init. +2 | Perc. +7, Sense Motive +2 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 2/3, 2nd 1/2 | Active conditions: Mage Armour

Vretiel comes rushing out of the freezer room with a wine bottle in hand to find Haruf screaming "I wasn't me, I swear! … Oh! Wizards and their traps. Perhaps you can try, I don't know, waving the bird's charm in front of the door next time?", he finishes more calmly, waving his left hand in circles when making his suggestion.

Looking at Haruf, he says "Well, no use dwelling in the past! Let me just fix this for you…"[/b]. The elf leaves the end of the sentence hanging and takes a small stick of carved wood, "♥︎Calistria♥︎" written in one of the ends. With a flick of his wrist, Vretiel touches the half-orc with it. A small puff of glittery dust erupts whilst some of Haruf's wounds close.

CLW: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 2 = 10 using 2 charges


N Male Elf Witch 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 (15 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed) | CMB 0, CMD 11 | Fort. +1, Ref. +2, Will +3, +5 enchantment | Init. +2 | Perc. +7, Sense Motive +2 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 2/3, 2nd 1/2 | Active conditions: Mage Armour

Vretiel goes to the runed door and looks at the symbols. His face, initially carrying his typical sardonic smile, changes in a flash to a slight frown, his lips a thin straight line. "Iskra, my dove, can you come over for a second? This one here, with the bit pointing upwards. Doesn't it remind you of Osirian style summoning sigils, but…heavier?"

Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Sorry, forgot to roll for Kn and it's too late to edit the latest post


Inactive

"Wow...ain't Osirion all the way 'cross th' Inner Sea to th' south of here?" Calli gapes. "Wonder what that kinda magic is doin' way up here?"


N Male Elf Witch 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 (15 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed) | CMB 0, CMD 11 | Fort. +1, Ref. +2, Will +3, +5 enchantment | Init. +2 | Perc. +7, Sense Motive +2 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 2/3, 2nd 1/2 | Active conditions: Mage Armour

Vretiel jerks his head to Calli, his hand hovering a symbol: "Oh, it's more like Osirian inspired than actual Osirian; most of it seems to be your friend's original research. What does matter to us is, in any case, is that this seems to be a sigil to imprison summoned creatures, dearie."

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf is startled by Vretiel's self defending sudden talk, but tries to hide it. He, confused at the witch's rapid talk, doesn't react when he is healed, but is clearly more relaxed after it. He comes closer to Kale watching the scholars talk of runes and symbols, happy that no one is relying on him this time.


Wizard 3 | HP 16/16 | AC 16 (16 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed) | CMB 0, CMD 11 | Fort. +1, Ref. +3, Will +3 | Init. +8 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 3/4, 2nd 1/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Iskra moves up alongside Vretiel and scrutinizes the sigils, tapping her chin as she does so.

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

"Hmm, yes. That, and... here. The connection, if you follow this elliptical curve... it connects this word of binding with this symbol of the Abyss... the thirty seventh level, I believe. Strange. I haven't seen or heard mention of this conjunction before. It should be most effective however."

She steps back and scrutinizes the entirety of the door. "Blackened iron, of course. A fitting receptacle. Yet... unlocked?"

Iskra looks sidelong at the others. "A telling detail. I would hazard to guess that the chamber beyond is empty as a result - basic human psychology would have Hunclay lock the door, mundane as it may sound, even with this bevy of arcane protection. Shall we?"

If nobody protests, Iskra pulls the door open.

Dark Archive

Iskra opens the door into a ten-foot-square antechamber. Set in its north wall is an artfully wrought gate of bright metal. Beyond the gate there is a larger chamber. The gate is locked.


Inactive

"Okay so we found Hunclay's critter pen," Calli responds as Iskra opens the door and they peer inside. "Y'think there might be more friendlyish critters held here like Maff?" Although she knew she was just as much out of her depth on most of this stuff as Kale and Haruf, she couldn't help but find the whole matter curious just the same - even if she did disapprove of Hunclay summoning devils and the like.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Why do we keep finding all this? What ever happened to keeping your home life and work separate?" Kale groaned as they looked inside. "Going into some ones house should not be this dangerous!" She stated as she crossed her arms.


N Male Elf Witch 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 (15 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed) | CMB 0, CMD 11 | Fort. +1, Ref. +2, Will +3, +5 enchantment | Init. +2 | Perc. +7, Sense Motive +2 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 2/3, 2nd 1/2 | Active conditions: Mage Armour

Vretiel looks at the antechamber "Don't you just love when something requires arcane sigils and two heavy gates to be contained? It just screams "friendship and happiness". I am guessing the symbols are akin to a summoning circle: we can safely ignore it, but it's stronger than mithril cage to the outsider."

He looks at his nails and polishes them against his coat "So, anyone want to take the first step inside this lovely little pen? Here, let me just see if I can feel any magic inside…"

casting detect magic on the room, without entering it

Liberty's Edge

Male Knife Master lvl 3 [27/27 - 0NL] | AC 15 T13 FF 12 | CMD 17 | F+3 R+6 W+1 | Init +3 Per +5]

Haruf nods at Kale's remark, trying to remember a similarly dangerous place to enter. He doesn't volunteer to Vretiel's suggestion.

Dark Archive

Looking through the locked gate, Vretiel's spell illuminates many more sigils along the walls and into the darkness. They radiate a moderate amount of magic. Vretiel can sense the room has an alcove to the east, but unable to see any more from this vantage point.

Detect Magic + Knowledge Arcana DC 20:
School of Necromancy


"First tell me if you see anything with that magic sight of yours, then I'll go in and take a look around." Kale told them with a nod before she turned her attention back to the room.

Kale will step in when Vretiel tells her if there is anything to worry about or not.


N Male Elf Witch 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 15 (15 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed) | CMB 0, CMD 11 | Fort. +1, Ref. +2, Will +3, +5 enchantment | Init. +2 | Perc. +7, Sense Motive +2 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 2/3, 2nd 1/2 | Active conditions: Mage Armour

Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Vretiel hums for a bit, looking around with his hands extended. After a few seconds he says "Well, there's quite a bit of magic all around. Same thing, Hunclay's own adaptations of Osirian summoning, references to the abyss and other planes. I can definitely sense some energy coming in from the other side of the gate, to the east. Perhaps there's someone over there? Hello? Anyone there? Can we ask for a interview?"

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

The elf turns his head to try and hear any replies. After a few seconds of silence, he turns to Kale and shrugs: "I guess not. Now, we can either throw something inside since it worked so well last time. Otherwise, let me just fix something for you!" Saying that, Vretiel adjusts Kale's belt and dusts her armour casting guidance, +1 on next skill check or saving throw. Once finished, he smiles and says: "Done now! Off you go! Make us proud!"
____________
As said casting guidance on Kale, if she decides to enter the room.


Wizard 3 | HP 16/16 | AC 16 (16 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed) | CMB 0, CMD 11 | Fort. +1, Ref. +3, Will +3 | Init. +8 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 3/4, 2nd 1/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Iskra nods uneasily along with Vretiel's comments, her eyes drifting over the runes, the antechamber, the larger room beyond. Without realizing it she draws her slender shoulders up a little, hugging herself as she does so, her mouth thinning to a line.

"I shudder to think what sort of entities Hunclay summoned here," she says quietly, "Given his obsession with the Dark Tapestry. Here, Kale. I don't think there's anything within, but just in case, let me bestow something upon you."

She softly speaks the words to a spell, the words ringing with power and righteousness, and traces complex patterns in the air before her. When she's finished, she reaches out and touches Kale's shoulder. A shimmering field of gold motes appears all around her at a distance of one foot, then fades away.

"That should protect you from being touched by any evil summoned creatures. The spell will end if you attack or touch them first. It should also greatly enhance your ability to resist their attempts to control your mind in any form... as well as making you harder to hurt and more resistant in general."

She gives Kale an almost apologetic smile and squeezes her shoulder briefly. "Good luck."

Cast Protection from Evil on Kale. +2 to AC and saves, you get a second saving throw with a +2 morale bonus against attempts to control your mind, and no evil summoned creature can make bodily contact.


Inactive

"Don't worry Kale, Spider an' I gotcher back," Calli adds encouragingly, readying herself to spring into action should Kale need her help.

Dark Archive

Haruf Disable Device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Haruf Disable Device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Haruf is able to disable the lock on the gate after a few moments. Kale then enters the large, dark room. The walls of this chamber are covered with strange glyphs and runes. They provide dim illumination outlining the curvature of the space. Once Kale has reached the far end of the room, she sees a sign scrawled with one-foot-high characters across the north wall. She doesn't understand any of it.

"Here to gloat over me some more wizard?" bellows forth from the dark, eastern chamber.

"Are you ill? You sound...different. And without your usual greeting? Play that game one time too often and on that day I'll enjoy supping on your entrails."[/Hamil's Joker]


Inactive

"Oh...well, reckon we know what this one thinks a' Hunclay..." Calli says after a long silence. "Psst! Kale! Don't do no gloatin'!" she hisses to her companion.


Kale took a deep breath before taking a step into the room, the feeling of it made her cold and a pit settle into her stomach. She feels a shiver try to move up her spine but she forces it to stop.

"I am not Hunclay." Kale started. "I am called Kale, may I know your name?" She asked

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
To try and locate the voice

Dark Archive

"Never a-GAIN!" it shouts in anger.

As if leaping up through the floor, the silhouette of a muscular figure appears in the alcove to the east. Long curved horns rise out of its head at it cranes its neck from one side to the other. Its legs taper down to cloven hooves which scrap the stone floor in an aggressive manner.

Haruf: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Kale: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Calli: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Alex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Iskra: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Vretiel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Inxs: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Roll off:
Kale: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Inxs: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Kale is up. Battle Map is updated! Round 1.


Kale slung her Bec de Corbin off her shoulder and took a defensive stance. "And just like that we have ourselves in another bind!" She called. "Why can nothing here be reasonable... well save that last outside... she was nice." She muttered under her breath.

She readied herself for a fight, keeping herself between the enemy and her friends.

Ready attack, he this creature tries to attack her or any of her friends she will attack.

Ready attack if needed:
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

1,401 to 1,450 of 1,689 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Nebten's Demand All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.