The Dying City: DM Norv's "Curse of the Crimson Throne"

Game Master The Norv

The classic story of intrigue, magic, and strife in Korvosa, and of five figures caught in the balance of greater forces than they know.

Current Date: Starday, 10th of Lamashan, 4708

Current Map | Flex Time | Loot Tracker | Floorplan for the Rosa in Fiore

Harrow Points and Uses:

Current Harrow Points:
Callie: 3
Korriban: 2
Lantressa: 4
Matoska: 2
Teodor: 3

Flash of Insight: You can spend a Harrow point to attempt a skill check that normally requires training for a skill in which you have no ranks. You gain a one-time +5 bonus to that skill check.

Intelligence Rerolls: You can spend a Harrow point to reroll any one Intelligence-based check. You must abide by the new result, even if it's lower (but you can spend more Harrow points to reroll again if you want to).

Focused Thought: You can reattempt a Knowledge check that you have previously failed. On this attempt, you gain a +10 bonus on the check.


3,101 to 3,150 of 5,161 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>

Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban is impressed at Lantressa and Callie's work. "Way to go, girls! You rule!" He then sees the Physician beating on Teodor. "Hey! You knock it off!" He turns to the Maidens closing in on Riceak. He moves out of the aisle he's in and into the next one to keep up the distance and the flanking. "Peek-a-boo..." He stabs his rapier forward!

Attack (inspire courage, flanking): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 16
Damage (inspire courage): 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12
Sneak Attack (flanking): 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

bluff: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30"Flee, those able! Alert Kroft's guard! The hellknights, 'doctors' and maidens are collaborators to destroy us all! I healed a subject and they attacked! You know it to be true! Maidens and doctors, be you here for righteous reasons, rebel for the sanctity of our lives! "


Male

Botting Riceak...

ROUND FOUR (cont'd)

Lantressa once again casts a spell and all three of the Physicians she glares at stagger as the spell takes effect. Korriban pursues the Gray Maiden in front of him, but is once more frustrated by the impenetrability of her plate armor (and his abysmally low rolls!). Riceak, grim-faced, continues to swing away, and thanks to Lantressa's spell slowing the Gray Maiden's reactions he lands a mighty blow that opens a gash below the woman's ribs. She gasps, "My life...for Ileosa!" and lunges at him, knocking aside his sword and cutting open the muscle in the man's side. Then she collapses, unconscious.

The remaining Gray Maiden on the ground gives a cry of rage and lunges forward, piercing Riceak's side with the tip of her sword. On the catwalks, one fires at Callie, but the shot goes wide, while the other careens down the catwalk toward the door to the north.

After his DR, Riceak takes a total of 15 points of damage from the two attacks, putting him at 29 hp.

The physician Teodor tripped clambers to his feet (which provokes AoOs from Callie and Teo. I'll roll them, assuming you want to take them; just shout if you don't!).

Callie AoO (IC, flanking): 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 + 2 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8
Teo AoO (same bonuses): 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13

Both Callie and Teodor connect with the slowed, staggering physician as he climbs to his feet. Two Physicians approach Callie from behind, but thanks to Lantressa's spell they barely even close the distance, moving as though through some stiff barrier. The last Physician, scampering away from Lantressa, swings wildly at Teodor but whiffs. Cristina, reloading her crossbow, takes a shot at the Gray Maiden on the ground, but in her concern for not hitting Riceak her bolt goes wide.

Teodor and Callie are up to finish the round!

Initiative
Korriban, Lantressa, Riceak
Foes and Cristina
Callie and Teodor<----

Combat Map

Vitals:

Gray Maidens: HP: -1 green, Blue 27 with 9 nonlethal, 27 others | AC/T/FF: 22/11/21 (green and red 21/10/20) | Fort +4 Ref +2 (green and red +1) Will +2; +1 vs. fear | CMD: 17 | Green and red are slowed until end of round 9
Physicians: HP: Green 2; 23 others | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 (slowed are 15/13/11) | Fort +4 Ref +6 (slowed +5) Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | Green, Red, and Pink are slowed until end of round 10
All on the ground are shaken.

GM Screen:

Doc Red Will DC 18: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Doc Pink Will DC 18: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Doc Green Will DC 18: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Riceak Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8
Green GM Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 2 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Crit?!: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 2 = 23
Red GM Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 2 = 6
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
What the...crit?!: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 2 = 16
Bonus: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Purple GM Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3
Miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 32
Blue Phys Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 - 2 = 6
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 2 + (6, 2) = 16
Cristina Attack (PBS, IC, FE): 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 1 + 2 + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 9
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 38


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

As Callie swipes at the physician who stands to fight (AOO), she barks, "Ah, I see you have chosen the 'hard way.' So be it."

And then she swipes again, continuing her tale in the process. "As Cassio said in the battle of Stumblestone Alley, 'Angels watching over Korvosa, guide my hand!'"

Attack green physician, flanking, IC: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 2 + 2 = 28
Damage, IC: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

The physician falls to the ground, bleeding grievously.

She then takes a step toward Teodor (5' step), to remain between him and the two physicians as much as she can.

Free, maintain inspire courage


Male

Botting Teodor?

Callie stabs the Physician who just staggered to his feet, and he falls to the ground. Teodor calls out to the patients in an attempt to get them to flee, but those in this room are simply too weak to take his advice...he scowls and swings his flail at the nearest Physician (blue), then steps back to stand back-to-back with Callie and Lantressa. The Physician drops to one knee as the massive ball connects with his ribs, but rises again.

Teo Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

ROUND FIVE!

As the wary physicians begin to circle Callie, Lantressa, and Teodor, Korriban and Riceak find themselves with only one foe remaining...

And the rest of the party is up!

Initiative
Korriban, Lantressa, Riceak<----
Foes and Cristina
Callie and Teodor

Combat Map

Vitals:

Gray Maidens: HP: -1 green, Blue 27 with 9 nonlethal, 27 others | AC/T/FF: 22/11/21 (green and red 21/10/20) | Fort +4 Ref +2 (green and red +1) Will +2; +1 vs. fear | CMD: 17 | Green and red are slowed until end of round 9
Physicians: HP: Green -5, Blue 8, 23 others | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 (slowed are 15/13/11) | Fort +4 Ref +6 (slowed +5) Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | Green, Red, and Pink are slowed until end of round 10
All on the ground are shaken until end of rd. 6 (physicians) or 7 (maidens).


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

Lantressa saw a chance to try and hurt one of the doctor's badly, maybe take him out, though it was unlikely. She stepped closer to him, seemingly unarmed, until she lashed out with each hand, her fingers splayed like the claws they were.

Claw 1, IC: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 = 181d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Claw 2, IC: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 141d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban sees that the first Maiden has been taken care of. He rushes around to flank the other maiden that is engaged with and stabs at her!

Attack (inspire courage, flanking): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 27
Damage (inspire courage): 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9
Sneak Attack (flanking): 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7


Male Human (Varisian)
Quick Stats:
Init +6,Perc +2,AC23,T14,FF 21, HP 44/52, F +6, R +3, W +1, +1 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist diseases DR 2/-;Imm. Vorel's Phage & Blood Veil; Base Atk[/b] +5; CMB +8; CMD 20
Fighter (Armor Master)
Quick Skills:
Climb +9, Handle Animal +4, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +9, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Local) +4, Linguistics(Vudrani) +2, Perception +2, Sense Motive +1, Survival +5,

Riceak cursed under his breath at the situation going downhill fast. He told the others to draw the fight away from the patients. They already had one killed by accident. And now another one was almost killed as the arrow bounced off his shield and hit a patient.

"Damn it! This is why I said to fall back and try drawing them away from the patients!"

With that said, he swung his sword at the Gray Maiden before him, trying to either kill her or drive her away from the patients.

Sword attack, inspired: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 2 = 23

Sword damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

"Also, heal that patient who got hit! I'm not going to have another innocent soul die because these evil b&+@&es of bastards don't give a damn about innocent bystanders!"


Male

ROUND FIVE (cont'd)

The physician approaching Teodor doesn't even seem to notice Lantressa--until, that is, she lashes out and claws him, opening a gash on his shoulder through his thick leather robes. He doesn't cry out, but he does turn toward her and dodge her second swipe. Across the room, Korriban finally finds a chink in the Maidens' armor and thrusts his rapier into the woman's ribs. The woman cries out and, as Riceak bellows orders, goes down under his sword. Riceak, don't forget that inspire courage also gives you +2 to damage! ;)

The Gray Maiden on the catwalk fires at Callie once more, but she can't seem to get the angle right; this arrow clatters harmlessly off the floor. Her companion disappears through the door she opened while on the ground, the physicians slowly circle Callie, Teodor, and Lantressa. The one Lantressa clawed circles south and swipes at her with his club, but she dodges the attack easily. The two from the north, still moving slowly, close with Callie and swing their clubs at her, but she parries each away. Cristina dashes across the room toward the one visible Maiden remaining, and reloads her crossbow. "I am a servant of the Crimson Throne and a marine of the Sable Company, and I am ordering you to STAND DOWN, soldier!" she barks.

The Gray Maiden just laughs cruelly. "You're out of your jurisdiction, pig."

Callie and Teo are up to finish off the round! I'll move foes when I'm not on mobile, but if people need to know: the two physicians to the north just move 5' south, while the one next to Lantressa should now be due south of her. Red and blue Gray Maidens should be off the map.

Initiative
Korriban, Lantressa, Riceak
Foes and Cristina
Callie and Teodor<------

Combat Map

Vitals:

Gray Maidens: HP: -2 green, Blue 27 with 9 nonlethal, -2 red [stable], 27 purple | AC/T/FF: 22/11/21 (green and red 21/10/20) | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +2; +1 vs. fear | CMD: 17
Physicians: HP: Green -6, Blue 5, 23 others | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 (slowed are 15/13/11) | Fort +4 Ref +6 (slowed +5) Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | Green, Red, and Pink are slowed until end of round 10
All on the ground are shaken until end of rd. 6 (physicians) or 7 (maidens).

GM Screen:

Purple GM Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Blue Doc Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 2 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Purple Doc Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 2 - 1 = 6
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Red Doc Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 2 - 1 = 7
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Green Doc Stabilize: 1d20 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 5 = 0
Green GM Stabilize: 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 1 = 4
Red GM Stabilize: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 1 - 2 = 17
--------------------
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 53


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

Dawn's on me I forgot to fully add IC to my rolls, it have added another +1 to each attack and dmage roll. Don't know if that made any difference or not.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

Callie scowls at her armored ally across the room. "Listen, Swordhand, if you hadn't started making threats, we could've talked our way out of this and there'd be no patients dead! The only place to 'fall back' is into a waiting room full of more innocent people, so we're stuck here till we take these miscreants to justice. Focus on that and stop telling people what to do!"

Staying between the physicians and Teodor and Anca, Callie thrusts her blade at the physician to her right, focusing her frustration into magical energy to fuel her blade's fury.

Swift Action: Arcane Strike; Standard: attack

Attack Red Physician, IC: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 = 13

She however lets her irritation get the better of her and she swings wide. Undeterred, she goes back to her tale. "All seemed lost to Cassio when the corrupt official nearly got away, but then..." (Free: Maintain inspire courage)


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

Channel energy: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9 Teodor emanates his strange sickly healing energy, excluding foes. He will attack anyone who approaches Anca.

"Everyone here will die one day. Decide now if it will be today or another. I care not if you Urugotha s~!~stains or sapphic valkries meet The True Lord today or another time. Do you?" bluff: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 28"And sword guy, shut the f#$$ up and we'll be fine."


Male

Had a lot of trouble getting on the site this weekend, and on mobile now, but I was able to check and Afro can exclude all injured foes within range. The rest of you should post actions. Sorry for brevity, more later!!


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

With the doctor she attacked still standing, and not wanting to waste the spells to deal with him, Lantressa swiped with each claw at him Her first swipe was far off it's mark, the doctor easily dodging it, but her anger, her tie to the abyss, made her fight dirty and she smacked her tail across the back of his legs quickly and made him stumble forward as she swiped with the other. Sometimes being part demon pays off and it did in a big way as, with a scream of hatred for what the bastard had been doing to people, her swipe met with his neck, gouging four, parallel marks as he stumbled forward.

Claw 1, ic: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 91d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Claw 2, ic: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 1 = 261d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
crit?: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 1 = 261d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Good God!, Too bad the second damage roll was crap.


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

It's too bad crits don't explode!


Male

Oof, indeed it is. Ok, real post incoming...

ROUND SIX! (kinda cont'd)

Callie swings at the nearest Physician, her sword charged with arcane, energy, as Teodor focuses and unleashes a wave of healing light that succors all but the injured foes around him. Includes Riceak, but doesn't include Korriban--Riceak, I think you should be at 38 hit points. Don't forget to update your stat line! Callie's blow misses, but Lantressa's dirty play strikes true, and the Physician she's tangling with goes down with a silent *thud*, bleeding from his wounds!

Riceak and Korriban are up next!

Initiative
Lantressa, Korriban, Riceak<----
Foes and Cristina
Callie and Teodor

Combat Map

Vitals:

Gray Maidens: HP: -2 green, Blue 27 with 9 nonlethal, -2 red [stable], 27 purple | AC/T/FF: 22/11/21 (green and red 21/10/20) | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +2; +1 vs. fear | CMD: 17
Physicians: HP: Green -6, Blue -2, 23 others | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 (slowed are 15/13/11) | Fort +4 Ref +6 (slowed +5) Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | Green, Red, and Pink are slowed until end of round 10
All on the ground are shaken until end of rd. 6 (physicians) or 7 (maidens).


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban smirks, seeing the Gray Maiden fall. He then sees the Physicians attacking his allies. He moves quickly, getting close to one of them. "Hey there. How's it going?" He then stabs at one of the Physicians.

Attack (inspire courage): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 = 22
Damage (inspire courage): 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8


Male

Botting Riceak and moving forward.

ROUND SIX (cont'd)

Korriban leaps toward the physicians, and sinks his rapier into the closest one's side. Riceak follows him with a curse, and his sword blow opens up the physician's stomach, sending the man down with a gurgle.

The one remaining physician, apparently not liking his odds, backs away slowly from Callie and turns to flee--but he's still slowed by Lantressa's spell, and he doesn't make it very far. He uses the "limited" withdraw as a standard action...but his speed's only 15'...

On the catwalks, the remaining Gray Maiden continues to rain arrows down at your group, this time targeting Cristina. The arrow *thunks* into a mattress, but misses Cristina, who dashes across the room and, with a growl, sends a crossbow bolt into the Gray Maiden's side. "That other one's made it down here!" she yells back to you.

And that brings us to Callie and Teo to finish up the round!

Initiative
Korriban, Lantressa, Riceak
Foes and Cristina
Callie and Teodor<----

Combat Map

Vitals:

Gray Maidens: HP: -2 green [stable], Blue 27 with 9 nonlethal, -2 red [stable], 10 purple | AC/T/FF: 22/11/21 (green and red 21/10/20) | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +2; +1 vs. fear | CMD: 17
Physicians: HP: Green -7, Blue -3, Red -11, Pink 23 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 (slowed are 15/13/11) | Fort +4 Ref +6 (slowed +5) Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | Green, Red, and Pink are slowed until end of round 10

GM Screen:

Riceak Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 2 = 31
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11
Confirm?!: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 2 = 30
Extra Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14
GM Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 46
Cristina Attack (FE, PBS, FS, IC): 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 27
Damage: 1d10 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 17
-----
GM Green Stable: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 1 - 2 = 12
Phys Green Stable: 1d20 + 1 - 6 ⇒ (5) + 1 - 6 = 0
Phys Blue Stable: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 - 2 = 7
Phys Red Stable: 1d20 + 1 - 10 ⇒ (14) + 1 - 10 = 5


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

At Cristina's warning, Callie looks at Korriban and Riceak. "Don't suppose you'd mind taking care of her? You did so well with the others." she says of the Gray Maiden who has run down the stairs on the other side of the room.

In the meantime she follows after the retreating physician, while continuing her story. "The corrupt officials tried to escape Cassio, long after he had already given them fair warning to submit to justice. It was too late--they had their chance, and lost it. He gave the devils no quarter."

She thrusts her blade at the physician.

Attack, IC vs purple physician: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 = 18

Damage, IC: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6

She cuts into him but not too deeply, and he remains standing.

BTW, I'll probably end Inspire Courage on my next turn, so if you want to use its benefits, use it now!


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

"False physicians and female fighters, you've failed. If anyone would like to give up and tell us all you know, I'll have the first one spared." Teodor glances at the retreating doctor. "Ah-ah-ah! If you leave here, twill be on my terms." He casts Hold Person on him.

will save DC 15: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male

ROUND SEVEN!

Callie pursues the fleeing doctor and stabs him, drawing blood, before Teodor casts a spell that leaves the physician rigid, frozen in place!

And the rest of the party are up at the top of the round! :)

Initiative
Korriban, Lantressa, Riceak<----
Foes and Cristina
Callie and Teodor

Combat Map

Vitals:

Gray Maidens: HP: -2 green [stable], Blue 27 with 9 nonlethal, -2 red [stable], 10 purple | AC/T/FF: 22/11/21 (green and red 21/10/20) | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +2; +1 vs. fear | CMD: 17
Physicians: HP: Green -7, Blue -3, Red -11, Pink 17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 (slowed are 15/13/11) | Fort +4 Ref +6 (slowed +5) Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | Green, Red, and Pink are slowed until end of round 10; pink is paralyzed as per hold person until end of round 10.


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban nods at Callie. "Got it, Blue! Come on, big guy!" He begins to run over closer to where the Maiden will come out from, pressing against the wall.

Korriban will use two move actions to move twice.


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

Lantressa knew that her available magic was starting to wear down, made her way over towards the reception room wall and took up a place beside it so she would have cover from the last grey maiden with a bow.


Male

Botting Riceak again--I'll shoot him a PM to make sure he's ok.

ROUND SEVEN (cont'd)

Riceak nods, grits his teeth, and makes his way out between the beds, headed for the far corner of the room. Double-moving.

The Physician Callie is confronted, still paralyzed, twitches slightly but otherwise continues to seem helpless. The Gray Maiden who's made her way down the stairs advances toward Korriban, Riceak, and Cristina, drawing her sword as she makes her way around the tables and chairs that have been set up in that corner of the chamber. On the catwalk, the Gray Maiden fires off an arrow at Cristina, but misses; Cristina reloads and returns fire, but the Gray Maiden ducks and the bolt clatters from the catwalk.

Man, Cristina can't roll for crap. Callie and Teodor are up!

Initiative
Korriban, Lantressa, Riceak
Foes and Cristina
Callie, Teodor<----

Combat Map

Vitals:

Gray Maidens: HP: -2 green [stable], Blue 27 with 9 nonlethal, -2 red [stable], 10 purple | AC/T/FF: 22/11/21 (green and red 21/10/20) | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +2; +1 vs. fear | CMD: 17
Physicians: HP: Green -8, Blue -3 [stable], Red -12 DEAD, Pink 17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 (slowed are 15/13/11) | Fort +4 Ref +6 (slowed +5) Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | Green, Red, and Pink are slowed until end of round 10; pink is paralyzed as per hold person until end of round 10.

GM Screen:

Will DC 15: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
GM Pink: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 85
Cristina attack (FE, PBS, IC): 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 13
Damage (Focused Shot): 1d10 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 15
------
Phys Green: 1d20 + 1 - 7 ⇒ (13) + 1 - 7 = 7
Phys Blue: 1d20 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (16) + 1 - 3 = 14
Phys Red: 1d20 + 1 - 11 ⇒ (19) + 1 - 11 = 9


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

Just realized I probably should have cast allegro ages ago. Ah well.

Seeing the physician is dealt with, she looks up at the maiden on the catwalk. Callie points her sword at her and opens her mouth... but no sound seems to come out -- except from the perspective of the Gray Maiden, who gets an ear piercing scream full in the face. Used my 1/day Arcane Bond ability to cast any spell I know

Sonic Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 1) = 12

Gray Maiden Fortitude DC 14: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

The Maiden takes full damage and is dazed for 1 round

Callie then moves toward the middle of the room.

Ending bardic performance


Male

The Gray Maiden on the catwalk staggers, clapping her hands to her ears, and slumps senselessly to the ground.

Just a quick update so we're all aware--Teodor is still up next!


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

Teodor turns to Anca. "How do you feel?" He channels energy again. channel: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7


Male

Teodor, there are more foes technically still alive in your vicinity than you can exclude from your channel; am I good to assume that you'll exclude the ones who are unconscious but close to consciousness (basically maintaining status quo, but healing the upright Physician and one who won't reached consciousness)?

ROUND EIGHT!

As the Gray Maiden on the catwalks slumps to the walkway, Teodor channels the sickly light of Groetus once more, and his own wounds and those on some of the patients (and physicians) nearby heal. Anca smiles weakly. "Not...so very well, Teodor. I'm...glad to see you, though." It's clear that there's only so much the healing powers of a cleric can do for her and the other patients when they've been so ravaged by disease.

The one remaining Gray Maiden looks up at her fallen sister, but then continues on resolutely.

Korriban, Lantressa, and Riceak are up!

Initiative
Korriban, Lantressa, Riceak<----
Foes and Cristina
Callie and Teodor

Combat Map

Vitals:

Gray Maidens: HP: -2 green [stable], Blue 27 with 9 nonlethal, -2 red [stable], 10 purple | AC/T/FF: 22/11/21 (green and red 21/10/20) | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +2; +1 vs. fear | CMD: 17
Physicians: HP: Green -1, Blue -3 [stable], Red -12 DEAD, Pink 23 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 (slowed are 15/13/11) | Fort +4 Ref +6 (slowed +5) Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | Green, Red, and Pink are slowed until end of round 10; pink is paralyzed as per hold person until end of round 10.


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

Seeing one physician still standing Lantressa smile evily at him and gestured as she said, "Confragos Mitar!" As she pointed a beam of red energy shot out at the standing physician. It reached out and connected to him, searing his flesh wherever it touched.

scorching ray: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 204d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 6, 5) = 19


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban runs in to the Maiden and stabs at her. "Take this!"

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

"It's very good to see you, too. Tomorrow the Lord will grant me more potent healing powers. You'll be back with your students as soon as you'd like when healed. Or on a nice vacation, if you'd rather. I've made some, er, interesting friends and we're going to save this city. Do you know any other patients here? Where's your dog Chucho?"


Male

Botting Riceak, again?

ROUND EIGHT (cont'd)

Lantressa toasts the paralyzed physician with a jet of fire as Korriban circles the one conscious Gray Maiden and slides his rapier in between her ribs. Riceak circles her too, bringing his sword down toward her head, but she parries with a grunt. "You'll have to do better than that, moth," she snarls, with a riposte. Unfortunately for her, Riceak is every bit the swordsman she is, and deflects the thrust.

Anca whispers to Teodor, "Chucho? I think...Crissy has him...I don't...know..."

"Oh, for crying out loud, Teodor! Don't tax her!" Cristina snaps. Reloading her crossbow, she takes aim at the Gray Maiden. The bolt flies wide, and sticks into the table behind the Maiden.

Callie and Teodor are up!

Initiative
Korriban, Lantressa, Riceak
Foes and Cristina
Callie and Teodor<------

Combat Map

Vitals:

Gray Maidens: HP: -2 green [stable], Blue 21 with 9 nonlethal, -2 red [stable], -2 purple [stable] | AC/T/FF: 22/11/21 (green and red 21/10/20) | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +2; +1 vs. fear | CMD: 17
Physicians: HP: Green -1 [stable], Blue -3 [stable], Red -12 DEAD, Pink 4 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 (slowed are 15/13/11) | Fort +4 Ref +6 (slowed +5) Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | Green, Red, and Pink are slowed until end of round 10; pink is paralyzed as per hold person until end of round 10.

GM Screen:

Riceak Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
GM Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Physician Will DC 15: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Cristina Attack (FE, PBS, FS: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 8
Miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 46
-----------
Purple GM: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 1 - 2 = 14


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

Callie stares in horror as Lantressa incinerates the helpless physician, looking at the sorceress as if she sees her fiendish features for the first time. "He was... he was already subdued!" She shakes her head at both the random cruelty as well as the waste of magic on a foe already a non-threat, when they still had others to fight.

"What am I getting into..." Callie mutters as she trudges toward the Maiden engaged by the others (blue), flicking a dagger into her bucklered hand as she does so. (30' move, quick draw)

She flings the dagger at the Maiden.

Dagger, thrown, from hand wearing buckler: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 1 = 23
Dagger Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male

Just going to assume Teo delays for the moment (not sure I can assume he leaves Anca), so moving forward!

ROUND NINE!

Callie's dagger flies true, striking the Gray Maiden in the shoulder and eliciting a cry of pain. But she's still standing, and the rest of the party is up!

Initiative
Korriban, Lantressa, Riceak, Teodor (delayed)<----
Foes and Cristina
Callie

Combat Map

Vitals:

Gray Maidens: HP: -2 green [stable], Blue 15 with 9 nonlethal, -2 red [stable], -2 purple [stable] | AC/T/FF: 22/11/21 (green and red 21/10/20) | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +2; +1 vs. fear | CMD: 17
Physicians: HP: Green -1 [stable], Blue -3 [stable], Red -12 DEAD, Pink 4 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 (slowed are 15/13/11) | Fort +4 Ref +6 (slowed +5) Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | Green, Red, and Pink are slowed until end of round 10; pink is paralyzed as per hold person until end of round 10.


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

Realizing that the doctor was unable to fight back the tiefling felt a bit bad about roasting him. She headed towards the doctor and grabbed a strip of cloth from one of the beds she passed. it wouldn't do much but it would work for the moment. When she reached the doctor she prepared to bind his hands.


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

BTW, since Callie used her bucklered hand to attack, she loses her +2 shield bonus to AC this round

Poor Callie's been freaked out now over a mistake. Oh dear. :)


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban flips up onto the table. Using the height advantage and his position opposite Riceak, he stabs at the Maiden.

Acrobatics (if needed to avoid AoO): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Attack (flanking, higher ground): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 31
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Sneak Attack (flanking): 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

Crit Confirm (flanking, higher ground): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male

Although Korriban doesn't manage to avoid the Gray Maiden's notice, but he's too fast for her to hit as he leaps up onto the table. Whirling, he plunges his blade into the gap in her shoulder plates. She gives a strangled cry--and crumples to the floor! The room is suddenly quiet, the only standing foe left being the still-paralyzed Physician. His eyes dart nervously, but otherwise he remains rigid. Lantressa can bind him easily. Failed his save and there's a full round of paralysis left, so he is yours to tie up if you would like to!

COMBAT OVER!

An odd hush falls over the room now, broken only by the sound of coughing and twisting patients.

What next?

Vitals:

Gray Maidens: HP: -2 green [stable], Blue -4 with 9 nonlethal, -2 red [stable], -2 purple [stable] | AC/T/FF: 22/11/21 (green and red 21/10/20) | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +2; +1 vs. fear | CMD: 17
Physicians: HP: Green -1 [stable], Blue -3 [stable], Red -12 DEAD, Pink 4 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 (slowed are 15/13/11) | Fort +4 Ref +6 (slowed +5) Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | Green, Red, and Pink are slowed until end of round 10; pink is paralyzed as per hold person until end of round 10.

GM Screen:

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Will DC 15: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban looks around. "Okay. Okay. It's done. No more left." He turns to Lantressa. "Lantressa. Can you tie him up? We don't need him running off." He looks at Teodor. "Teodor. I know that you came here for for Anca. But we may need to look over the place in case we're going to have Maidens and Doctors on our ass." He looks at the unconscious doctor. "But, first, we talk to him."


Male

Just to be clear, the man is still conscious! Just tied up (I'm assuming).

The doctor's eyes dart back and forth under his strange, bird-like mask as you all look at him.


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

Teodor removes the mask. "Be a shame if you caught your own disease, Urugothan."


Male

Removing the mask reveals a pock-scarred and sallow but otherwise seemingly normal human man. He just stares at Teodor, dead-eyed. His mouth twitches downward at the mention of Urgathoa, but he purses his lips and says nothing.

It'll take some Diplomacy or Intimidate checks to get him to talk.


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

With the fighting over, for now, Lantressa did a thorough job of tying up the doctor and then stepped back, letting her friends deal with the questioning.


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

"Oh, he's not dead, good." Callie helps tie up any living physicians and maidens.

She then addresses Cristina. "Do you think you can get the Sable Company to come clear these lot up and see the patients to safer quarters?"

As they begin to talk to the physician, Callie leans down. "Look, you've already been half-burned, and even the best of us here have no sympathy for a bastard who as likely is making people sick than curing them." She pokes at one of his burns. "Even if you're not afraid of us, you can face our wrath or that of your superiors, whom we can leave you for them to find in a nice, easy place. I expect they won't be as nice as we'll be if you have to explain to them what happened. So make it easy on yourself and talk."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Aw, come on! Really?


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Yeah, that's who I meant. I thought he was unconscious.

Korriban walks over as Callie attempts to threaten the Doctor. He waits for her to finish before walking up and crouching down. "Listen. We know quite a bit. About you. About your cult. About the blood veil. Everything. Now, here's how this is going to work. You are going to tell us everything. About your cult. This Hospice. Your Davalus. Any allies he may have, including a man named Rolth. About where we would find a man named Ruan and your boss, a woman named Andaisin."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Lol. I'm not doing much better, Callie.


Male

Tying up all the downed physicians and guards takes several minutes; only one of the physicians is dead, the others and the Gray Maidens on the ground stabilized by Teodor's healing magic. One Gray Maiden remains on the catwalk, whether unconscious or dead, you can't tell. There doesn't seem to be direct access to the catwalk from this room, although the door that the final maiden emerged from leads to an arrow stairwell.

Cristina grimaces at Callie's suggestion. "It'll take a lot of explaining...but yes, I could get some marines here in an hour or so. If you think that's best." She turns to Teodor. "And it would be a chance for me to get Anca to safety...what do you think?"

The physician stoically ignores Korriban's honeyed tongue, but when Callie prods one of his burns he winces, and when she suggest leaving him for his superiors to find, he gasps.

"No! Don't leave me for them! I'm not anybody important!" He struggles with his bonds, but they're secure. "Fine. I'll tell ya what I know! Just don't leave me for that madwoman." He settles down slightly. "I joined up with this group in Egorian. And yes--we follow the Pallid Princess. A deity whose true beauty few fools like you could comprehend!" He snarls. "I met them through an art exhibit there: artistic and customized diseases, painted on the flesh of slaves. It was astounding! I knew I had to be a part of it. So I sought them out, and one of Lady Andaisin's acolytes initiated me.

"Not long after that, we were told it was time to head north--that we had a great project to undertake in the Princess's unhallowed name. That's when we came to Korvosa. We met Davaulus here. He ain't one of us, but he convinced Lady Andaisin to help him with the Korvosa plague project. I don't know what he wants, except that he keeps referring to our 'employer' and he keeps on trying to make the plague more powerful. That's most of what I do here: observe the disease's course, take notes on new presentations, find any individuals resistant to it and pass them below for examination.

"I ain't never seen Lady Andaisin up close more than a handful of times. This Rolth fellow I do know--a fleshcrafter. Not associated with us, but he works below as well. His work glorifies the Princess. I've never heard of a man named Ryan."

He glares at you all. "Now, if you've everything you need from me, let me go! I'll leave, I'll vanish--just don't turn me over to the Lady! She'd make a poppet of my flesh, and I got other plans!"

GM Screen:

Friendly for: 1d6 ⇒ 5x10=50 minutes


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive
Cristina wrote:
Cristina grimaces at Callie's suggestion. "It'll take a lot of explaining...but yes, I could get some marines here in an hour or so. If you think that's best." She turns to Teodor. "And it would be a chance for me to get Anca to safety...what do you think?"

"I'm not sure what's best, and I'm honestly not used to asking the military for help. My thinking is if someone's gonna cart away the Queen's Physicians and the Queen's maidens, it will cause least questions, I think, if the Queen's marines do it. You'll be believed, if asked, if you say they are traitors or impostors. Anyone else caught doing it will be attacked for treason on the spot. And given when the Queen's servants are up to, I'm not exactly feeling very patriotic, myself, but we can't save lives if we end up ourselves hanging from the gallows."

Physician wrote:
He glares at you all. "Now, if you've everything you need from me, let me go! I'll leave, I'll vanish--just don't turn me over to the Lady! She'd make a poppet of my flesh, and I got other plans!"

"Now now, patience. We'll keep you safe if you keep us informed. What's 'below'? What do they do with them? Examination is one thing. Fleshcrafting is another. You mentioned both."


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

"Your pathetic pallid princess is just another creature who will be taken by Lord Groetus. Your bourgeouise beauty and self-loathing methods are mere specks in eternity. In short, you're a boring man who believes boring things. Tell us more about below or I'll rub your paralyzed face in the foulest bedsheets I can find."bluff: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22


Male

"All right, all right!" the man snarls. "No need for threats, I'll tell you what you need to know. Below here is...I don't know what it was originally. I've only been down there once or twice. Smuggler's tunnels, perhaps? But now, Lady Andaisin has turned it into a thing of beauty. A temple to the Pallid Princess. It has wards, operating rooms, quarters for the faithful...places for Rolth, the Lady, and Ramoska to do their work. I don't know much more! They're examining those who show resistance to the plague. Trying to find ways to make it stronger. Make it perfect...a perfect reflection of Urgathoa's beauty."

GM Screen:

Perception for the GMs upstairs 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Perception for the GMs upstairs 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male

Cristina adds, "I'll go get some marines, but it will take a while. Teodor, am I bringing Anca? Or no?"

3,101 to 3,150 of 5,161 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dying City: DM Norv's "Curse of the Crimson Throne" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.