The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


76,601 to 76,650 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1528 | 1529 | 1530 | 1531 | 1532 | 1533 | 1534 | 1535 | 1536 | 1537 | 1538 | next > last >>

Female shantak Dread 1,
space saver:
size- large within school bounds, huge outside. Oozes slime. Knowlage on a shantak is very hard to come by- they are poorly known.
Grim Jr. wrote:
Vriskra the shantak wrote:
Grim Jr. wrote:
"THIS IS SOOOOO COOOOOL" he shouts as they take to the sky. Eventually, he registers her question "oh um.... maybe something cool? like something big and scary"
"... Big and scary? Like what? The biggest thing I've hunted is a deer."
"..... I have no idea... I've never actually hunted"

"Uh. I donno, then."


Male Human-Reaper/obitu Death Mage 11/oracle 1/grim reaper 10

"uh, I don't know then, we can hunt whatever you like. "


Image
Silinrul wrote:

Silinrul fakes being crushed "Ooof! Easy there Asha, I'm delicate" He jokes, chuckling as he hugs her back. "I don't really have any place else to go, thanks to my fancy bug wings. Which, you're squishing. Plus, my sister is here, and we just reunited. Also, I met and became friends with this waterbender Morrivan last night, and she wants to create some sort of sports club, and I promised to help her." This is the most Asha has ever heard Sil speak at once, but he clearly had a lot to say.

He glances towards Lucas "He seems nice enough, but I've learned not to judge a book by it's cover. Why are you trying to avoid him?"

"Because he's a firebird. And a noble. He might not be bad," she added doubtfully. "I talked things over with Fei and he said I should work on not overgeneralizing, but that's going to take time. I don't think I'll have that problem solved before breakfast, that's for sure. And how can you tell the good ones from the bad ones? You can't just ask them. Even Embre would say he was good when asked, but that never stopped him from using me as a punching bag. It's all very complicated," she said, describing her problem in a very matter-of-fact tone.

She patted his wings, making sure they were alright. "They don't look squished to me. And I certainly wouldn't want to squish such pretty wings. Can you fly with them or are they just for show? I've been learning how to fly, but I haven't got very far yet. Landing is difficult. I tried outside yesterday and it was going pretty well, but then I miscalculated. I phased through the first couple of trees, but only made it partway through the third one, which crushed my arm pretty bad so I ended up in the infirmary again and they made me promise only to fly in the SIM room until I knew what I was doing," she said with an impatient sigh.
"Do you think I could help with the sports club too? I like sports. Probably. I've never actually played any, but I'm sure I'd enjoy it," she finished with a cheerful smile.


Image

"You're right, Mithros. If anyone can help those poor people, then the folks here can, I'm sure of it," Ginni said with a nod.

She set down her fork for a moment, contemplating her empty plate. "Jessa, if it will help, I can create a link between our minds. The downside is it's permanent. I have no idea how to undo it if it's even possible. And it would make you especially vulnerable to my enchantments. But that means I might be able to help stop you if your other half breaks free. I'm not sure that it wouldn't be bad for both of us, but your problem sounds serious, so I'm willing to take the risk in order to help you. If you want. You don't have to decide right now. I just want you to know that it's an option if you want that kind of help from me," she said seriously. "After all, what's the point in having crazy demon powers if I don't use them for good," she added with a smile.


Image
Zeppler M.D., Spellware Surgeon wrote:
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
"I am very happy to meet you. Before we lost so much of our staff during the attacks, I was in charge of pediatrics, strictly ages 12 and under, with occasional consults in the main area for certain difficult cases. I was not expecting to end up as senior management. But we had to keep the place running, and I do have the background for it, in an awful sort of way. Phaezeriel is much better at it though. He has the temperament for dealing with people. So it's definitely been a blow having him out of commission even for a short time. You and your team are definitely a welcome addition, of however long you can stay. Thank you."

"Don't sell yourself short - you've done a helluva job keeping things running here, and that is no small feat. Props for that," Zeppler says with all sincerity, clearly impressed with her work.

"Anywhoo...I'll only be groundside for a little while myself, but these guys should be here with you for the foreseeable future. I've also got a team that's taken over the clinic in Kuros (which is where I should be for most of my 'vacay' here), so nobody has to spread themselves out too thin anymore the next time the crap hits the fan. I've already verified that we've got hardened, encrypted communications working between the two sites, so if you need anything we're just a click away." :)

"And that's why I'm going to hang out here for the weekend while you don't work," the good doctor says with a chuckle as his datapad starts converting her speech into...

"I think that should cover it. Please send me a message if Phaezeriel comes out of his cocoon. Just so I know that he's okay."

She took a deep breath. "And I'll just....not be here....that probably shouldn't feel so weird. I leave it in your capable hands Dr. Zeppler," she said, with an uncertain smile.
She headed back to her office to hang up her coat. The potion was still in her system, so she wasn't feeling like going back to sleep. She headed back to her quarters instead. Vasya hadn't been getting enough exercise lately, although Ryuzo had made sure her poor familiar wasn't utterly neglected. Still, she knew the little fox would be happy for any chance to get outside.


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16
David.De'Foul wrote:
"daaaang, it's like an entire planet of me......"

The cat smiles and giggles a little at his reaction.

"Always knew I liked something about this place." He smiles and nudges Dave's side.
He glances over to a holo map, following from where they were to an open anti- Grav cafe with his finger.
"Ooookay. I think I know where it is. You ready to eat?"


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist

Jasper shuffles around in his own space of the Harrow Dimension, the small area he'd lived in for decades in his bottle. He clatters through a box of priceless antiques from inumerable countries or even worlds, and finally settled on an ornate statue of cast gold with a garish amount of gems embedded in it. Whiles he's there he changes into a form fitting black T-shirt with the sleeves half hazardly ripped off to make space for his doubled limbs and a pair of paint splattered white shorts with a pair of high tops in the same black and splattered style.
He appears back a few feet away from Andromeda with his museum piece in hand.
"Yo. Ready to go?"
He glances her up and down.
"I like it. Rebellion looks good on you."


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
Zeppler M.D., Spellware Surgeon wrote:
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
"I am very happy to meet you. Before we lost so much of our staff during the attacks, I was in charge of pediatrics, strictly ages 12 and under, with occasional consults in the main area for certain difficult cases. I was not expecting to end up as senior management. But we had to keep the place running, and I do have the background for it, in an awful sort of way. Phaezeriel is much better at it though. He has the temperament for dealing with people. So it's definitely been a blow having him out of commission even for a short time. You and your team are definitely a welcome addition, of however long you can stay. Thank you."

"Don't sell yourself short - you've done a helluva job keeping things running here, and that is no small feat. Props for that," Zeppler says with all sincerity, clearly impressed with her work.

"Anywhoo...I'll only be groundside for a little while myself, but these guys should be here with you for the foreseeable future. I've also got a team that's taken over the clinic in Kuros (which is where I should be for most of my 'vacay' here), so nobody has to spread themselves out too thin anymore the next time the crap hits the fan. I've already verified that we've got hardened, encrypted communications working between the two sites, so if you need anything we're just a click away." :)

"And that's why I'm going to hang out here for the weekend while you don't work," the good doctor says with a chuckle as his datapad starts converting her speech into...

"I think that should cover it. Please send me a message if Phaezeriel comes out of his cocoon. Just so I know that he's okay."

She took a deep breath. "And I'll just....not be here....that probably shouldn't feel so weird. I leave it in your capable hands Dr. Zeppler," she said, with an uncertain smile.
She headed back to her office to hang up her coat. The potion was still in her...

When she gets back to her room, she'll hear playful growling and yipping. She'll find Ryuzo in mole form playing with her fox, being careful with his claws, hiding under a rug and jutting out, trying to take a stick from her, and her trying to root him out from under the rug. When you walk in, he waves, and squeaks a hello.

::Hi! Vasya was getting a little restless, so I thought I'd keep her occupied till breakfast.::


Female Kitsune Sorcerer/Magus
Keme Tokala wrote:
"If there's one thing they do well here, it's food," he said, pleased that he'd been able to do something to make her happy. "They've got something for everyone. But sometimes the tastes of home are better than anything else. Kitty has a work-study class in the kitchens so she's a good person to ask for recommendations if you're not sure. Er....I have introduced you to Kitty haven't I? I can't remember. Maybe not. She's been having a rough time lately, so she hasn't been spending a lot of time around people."

Sorry, I lost this one...

Alys shakes her head, giving Keme a speculative look, then she writes a quick message. Her distraction causes several unreadable bits, but the rest of it is clear enough, Kitty, eh? No, you haven't. You haven't even mentioned her before...


Female {REDACTED} {REDACTED}
Ginni wrote:

"You're right, Mithros. If anyone can help those poor people, then the folks here can, I'm sure of it," Ginni said with a nod.

She set down her fork for a moment, contemplating her empty plate. "Jessa, if it will help, I can create a link between our minds. The downside is it's permanent. I have no idea how to undo it if it's even possible. And it would make you especially vulnerable to my enchantments. But that means I might be able to help stop you if your other half breaks free. I'm not sure that it wouldn't be bad for both of us, but your problem sounds serious, so I'm willing to take the risk in order to help you. If you want. You don't have to decide right now. I just want you to know that it's an option if you want that kind of help from me," she said seriously. "After all, what's the point in having crazy demon powers if I don't use them for good," she added with a smile.

Jessa's expression goes through several rapid changes; surprise, gratitude, worry, fear, and others. Finally she shakes her head slightly, "Thank you, Ginni. That you would make such an offer is a little overwhelming. But, even Nala was injured by contact with her mind. Every person prior to Nala was either killed or had their personality slowly transformed into a carbon copy of my unpleasant twin. I think I will refuse, at least for now."


Phaedra Svarog wrote:

Not intentionally. He's just very introverted. He has to be pushed to socialize at all, let alone with people outside his family. After he arrived at Avalon, he discovered the library, and hasn't really interacted with anyone since. :P

"Don't worry about it," Phaedra said, airily. "It's not your fault. And it looks like your bubbles are getting more interesting. That's pretty good, Cindra. I bet they'll end up being sorry they ever made fun of them." She was trying really, really hard not to be jealous, while at the same time she basically idolized her older cousin and resented anyone who ever criticized her.

Cindra puts her arm around Phaedra for a moment, giving her a light squeeze. "That is the first time any of them have done anything other than just be a glass bubble. I didn't even do anything differently than usual. It is a little weird..."

She pauses then looks down at Phaedra, "They are right, though. And even if they are wrong and you do not have some in-born talent for something, here at Avalon you can learn to be or do anything you want. It might be rough getting used to being different, speaking from experience, but the best thing you can do for yourself is to be fully and completely yourself, and to love yourself for it."

Cindra looks back up at Lang, slipping her arm down from around Phaedra's shoulders, "Solus really is gifted with firebending. But if you are interested in seeking his help it might be best if I go with you. He can be a little .. um .. reserved around people he doesn't know."


Male Tauric Halfling/Sword Spider

Having finished his meal with swift, almost mechanical motions, Korren returns his tray to the kitchen, and retreats from the dining hall. He follows the hallways to the door opening into the back lawns. He quickly finds a large oak tree, and crouches under it watching the lake.


Male Kobold? Unknown

Kezzin wakes up in a foul mood. Unsure why, he decides to skip breakfast and spend the morning in his room playing his violin and trying to shake the irritation plaguing him.


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:

Jasper shuffles around in his own space of the Harrow Dimension, the small area he'd lived in for decades in his bottle. He clatters through a box of priceless antiques from inumerable countries or even worlds, and finally settled on an ornate statue of cast gold with a garish amount of gems embedded in it. Whiles he's there he changes into a form fitting black T-shirt with the sleeves half hazardly ripped off to make space for his doubled limbs and a pair of paint splattered white shorts with a pair of high tops in the same black and splattered style.

He appears back a few feet away from Andromeda with his museum piece in hand.
"Yo. Ready to go?"
He glances her up and down.
"I like it. Rebellion looks good on you."

She laughed. "Thanks. I've never really rebelled before, so I figured it was fitting to borrow my brother's clothes for it. He rebelled plenty, but he's all reformed now. Finally my turn!" she said with a wink. "Okay, so the place is called Vinaxis. There's going to be a lot of people there, but virtually no outside space. The whole planet is covered with buildings upon buildings full of shops of all kinds. We should start at the gateway area and figure out where we need to go from there, I guess. Here, take my hand so we don't get separated," she said, holding out a hand. Once Jasper takes hold of it, she'll teleport to the planet, hopefully with Jasper.

The area she arrives in resembles a train terminal more than a shopping center. There is a constant stream of people disembarking from various shuttles and several information kiosks scattered throughout the area with virtual hologram assistants ready to answer visitor questions, provided those questions weren't too difficult.


Image
Ryuzo Kato wrote:

When she gets back to her room, she'll hear playful growling and yipping. She'll find Ryuzo in mole form playing with her fox, being careful with his claws, hiding under a rug and jutting out, trying to take a stick from her, and her trying to root him out from under the rug. When you walk in, he waves, and squeaks a hello.

::Hi! Vasya was getting a little restless, so I thought I'd keep her occupied till breakfast.::

She stood in the doorway and smiled. "And here I was just thinking that Vasya wasn't getting enough exercise. Someone called in the cavalry to help deal with the staff shortage in the infirmary, and I've been put on leave for the weekend. I was accused of extreme overwork," she continued with a laugh. "But I had an energy drink this morning, so I've got a couple of hours at least before I pass out from exhaustion again. I had forgotten about breakfast...Right. Food is necessary. Er....did I eat dinner last night? I can't remember."


Image
Alys Himuro wrote:
Keme Tokala wrote:
"If there's one thing they do well here, it's food," he said, pleased that he'd been able to do something to make her happy. "They've got something for everyone. But sometimes the tastes of home are better than anything else. Kitty has a work-study class in the kitchens so she's a good person to ask for recommendations if you're not sure. Er....I have introduced you to Kitty haven't I? I can't remember. Maybe not. She's been having a rough time lately, so she hasn't been spending a lot of time around people."

Sorry, I lost this one...

Alys shakes her head, giving Keme a speculative look, then she writes a quick message. Her distraction causes several unreadable bits, but the rest of it is clear enough, Kitty, eh? No, you haven't. You haven't even mentioned her before...

"In answer to your unspoken question, no, it's not like that. She's my best friend. Zero romantic attachment there. But yeah, she's special to me. When I was trying to push everyone away to save them from Esperanza's cruelty, Kitty saw right through my act and made sure I was never totally alone. The only reason you haven't heard me mention her before is because we haven't had a lot of personal conversations yet. We were in pretty different age groups at home, since you're so much older than me. Let's face it, if I aged like a normal kitsune I'd be like two feet tall right now and learning the most basic things. Instead I've got a nearly adult body, the powers of an elder, and zero idea what I'm doing," he said with a slight grimace. "And we haven't socialized much since you got here. But I'm trying to make up for that now. And I'll make sure to introduce you to Kitty as soon as I can manage it. I'd introduce you to my other friends too ...if I had any. I've got some people I know, but I'm still dealing with the fallout of acting like a massive jerk for more than a year, no matter how good the reasons for it were."


Image
Jessa Mar'Niell wrote:
Ginni wrote:

"You're right, Mithros. If anyone can help those poor people, then the folks here can, I'm sure of it," Ginni said with a nod.

She set down her fork for a moment, contemplating her empty plate. "Jessa, if it will help, I can create a link between our minds. The downside is it's permanent. I have no idea how to undo it if it's even possible. And it would make you especially vulnerable to my enchantments. But that means I might be able to help stop you if your other half breaks free. I'm not sure that it wouldn't be bad for both of us, but your problem sounds serious, so I'm willing to take the risk in order to help you. If you want. You don't have to decide right now. I just want you to know that it's an option if you want that kind of help from me," she said seriously. "After all, what's the point in having crazy demon powers if I don't use them for good," she added with a smile.

Jessa's expression goes through several rapid changes; surprise, gratitude, worry, fear, and others. Finally she shakes her head slightly, "Thank you, Ginni. That you would make such an offer is a little overwhelming. But, even Nala was injured by contact with her mind. Every person prior to Nala was either killed or had their personality slowly transformed into a carbon copy of my unpleasant twin. I think I will refuse, at least for now."

Ginni nodded. "Fair enough. It sounds like it's probably a bad idea then. But I wanted you to know that I am willing to help if it becomes necessary. You don't have to fight your battles alone here," she said. "That's how I still have my soul after my transformation. I could never have won the battle against my demon side on my own."


Image
Cindra Svarog wrote:
Phaedra Svarog wrote:

Not intentionally. He's just very introverted. He has to be pushed to socialize at all, let alone with people outside his family. After he arrived at Avalon, he discovered the library, and hasn't really interacted with anyone since. :P

"Don't worry about it," Phaedra said, airily. "It's not your fault. And it looks like your bubbles are getting more interesting. That's pretty good, Cindra. I bet they'll end up being sorry they ever made fun of them." She was trying really, really hard not to be jealous, while at the same time she basically idolized her older cousin and resented anyone who ever criticized her.

Cindra puts her arm around Phaedra for a moment, giving her a light squeeze. "That is the first time any of them have done anything other than just be a glass bubble. I didn't even do anything differently than usual. It is a little weird..."

She pauses then looks down at Phaedra, "They are right, though. And even if they are wrong and you do not have some in-born talent for something, here at Avalon you can learn to be or do anything you want. It might be rough getting used to being different, speaking from experience, but the best thing you can do for yourself is to be fully and completely yourself, and to love yourself for it."

Cindra looks back up at Lang, slipping her arm down from around Phaedra's shoulders, "Solus really is gifted with firebending. But if you are interested in seeking his help it might be best if I go with you. He can be a little .. um .. reserved around people he doesn't know."

Phaedra giggled. "He's not really a people person. I asked him once why he didn't like to go to parties and he said that people were too loud and he preferred books because they were always quiet."


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
Ryuzo Kato wrote:

When she gets back to her room, she'll hear playful growling and yipping. She'll find Ryuzo in mole form playing with her fox, being careful with his claws, hiding under a rug and jutting out, trying to take a stick from her, and her trying to root him out from under the rug. When you walk in, he waves, and squeaks a hello.

::Hi! Vasya was getting a little restless, so I thought I'd keep her occupied till breakfast.::

She stood in the doorway and smiled. "And here I was just thinking that Vasya wasn't getting enough exercise. Someone called in the cavalry to help deal with the staff shortage in the infirmary, and I've been put on leave for the weekend. I was accused of extreme overwork," she continued with a laugh. "But I had an energy drink this morning, so I've got a couple of hours at least before I pass out from exhaustion again. I had forgotten about breakfast...Right. Food is necessary. Er....did I eat dinner last night? I can't remember."

A skittering laugh-squeak is followed by:

::Yes, well, I think you did. I brought some food for you to the infirmary. Whether you ate it or not, I'm not sure. I left shortly thereafter to get out of your hair, because you were busy with injured firebirds and various demon transformations. How are they, by the way?::


Image
Melody Waverider wrote:
Mel responds to the water tossed at her with another pillow, stolen from another bed. but this time Mel gets up and tries to sneak up on her target to give her a good boof on the head.

Morrivan has her head under the covers, so she totally misses Melody sneaking up on her until the other girl bops her in the head with a pillow. She sits up, throwing off the covers. "Oh, if that's how it's going to be, you're on!" she said with a grin, picking up her pillow and swinging it at Melody.


M Firebird Firebender/ Testpilot/ Robot Jock
Ginni wrote:
Jessa Mar'Niell wrote:
Jessa's expression goes through several rapid changes; surprise, gratitude, worry, fear, and others. Finally she shakes her head slightly, "Thank you, Ginni. That you would make such an offer is a little overwhelming. But, even Nala was injured by contact with her mind. Every person prior to Nala was either killed or had their personality slowly transformed into a carbon copy of my unpleasant twin. I think I will refuse, at least for now."
Ginni nodded. "Fair enough. It sounds like it's probably a bad idea then. But I wanted you to know that I am willing to help if it becomes necessary. You don't have to fight your battles alone here," she said. "That's how I still have my soul after my transformation. I could never have won the battle against my demon side on my own."

"The other Jessa is pretty scary...but it is really nice of you to offer, Ginni."

"Jessa, what's it like, now? Do you talk with her, in your mind? I'm really curious how this works, but if this is too personal, I'll stop. I saw what she did at the crater, and it was...frighteningly amazing, if that makes any sense...I'm really, really relieved you've recovered from that whole mess."


Image
Ryuzo Kato wrote:
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
Ryuzo Kato wrote:

When she gets back to her room, she'll hear playful growling and yipping. She'll find Ryuzo in mole form playing with her fox, being careful with his claws, hiding under a rug and jutting out, trying to take a stick from her, and her trying to root him out from under the rug. When you walk in, he waves, and squeaks a hello.

::Hi! Vasya was getting a little restless, so I thought I'd keep her occupied till breakfast.::

She stood in the doorway and smiled. "And here I was just thinking that Vasya wasn't getting enough exercise. Someone called in the cavalry to help deal with the staff shortage in the infirmary, and I've been put on leave for the weekend. I was accused of extreme overwork," she continued with a laugh. "But I had an energy drink this morning, so I've got a couple of hours at least before I pass out from exhaustion again. I had forgotten about breakfast...Right. Food is necessary. Er....did I eat dinner last night? I can't remember."

A skittering laugh-squeak is followed by:

::Yes, well, I think you did. I brought some food for you to the infirmary. Whether you ate it or not, I'm not sure. I left shortly thereafter to get out of your hair, because you were busy with injured firebirds and various demon transformations. How are they, by the way?::

"They're all doing fine now. Except Phaezeriel is still in a cocoon. His readings are all good, he's still healthy. But who knows what long-term effects this is going to have." She paused to catch Vasya as the fox launched herself at her, eager to go for food and exercise. "I vaguely remember having a bite of dinner, but then there was a fight between a kid who came in for an allergic reaction and a kid who came in with a broken nose. No idea what was behind all that and I still don't care. But I don't know what happened to my food after that. I think one of the nurses probably ate it. So I guess breakfast is the first order of business."


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
Ryuzo Kato wrote:


A skittering laugh-squeak is followed by:
::Yes, well, I think you did. I brought some food for you to the infirmary. Whether you ate it or not, I'm not sure. I left shortly thereafter to get out of your hair, because you were busy with injured firebirds and various demon transformations. How are they, by the way?::
"They're all doing fine now. Except Phaezeriel is still in a cocoon. His readings are all good, he's still healthy. But who knows what long-term effects this is going to have." She paused to catch Vasya as the fox launched herself at her, eager to go for food and exercise. "I vaguely remember having a bite of dinner, but then there was a fight between a kid who came in for an allergic reaction and a kid who came in with a broken nose. No idea what was behind all that and I still don't care. But I don't know what happened to my food after that. I think one of the nurses probably ate it. So I guess breakfast is the first...

::Sounds good!::

He takes his human form, and tussles Vasya's fur as Nala holds her.
"Do you want me to go get something for us and meet you outside, or do you think Vasya will be ok in the cafeteria for a bit?"


Image
Ryuzo Kato wrote:

::Sounds good!::
He takes his human form, and tussles Vasya's fur as Nala holds her.
"Do you want me to go get something for us and meet you outside, or do you think Vasya will be ok in the cafeteria for a bit?"

"I think outside would be safer. I don't trust her not to romp on the tables," Nala said dryly.


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
Ryuzo Kato wrote:

::Sounds good!::
He takes his human form, and tussles Vasya's fur as Nala holds her.
"Do you want me to go get something for us and meet you outside, or do you think Vasya will be ok in the cafeteria for a bit?"

"I think outside would be safer. I don't trust her not to romp on the tables," Nala said dryly.

"Ok. I'll go grab us something and meet you in the gardens."


male human monk 16

Lang sat a bit as the two girls talked. looking to Phaedra, ya know what, Sun taught me that having special powers does not make anyone special. I didn't ask you to be friends because of any powers. in fact I had another friend that really had no abilities at all, and I would trust her with my life.


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16
Morrivan wrote:
Melody Waverider wrote:
Mel responds to the water tossed at her with another pillow, stolen from another bed. but this time Mel gets up and tries to sneak up on her target to give her a good boof on the head.
Morrivan has her head under the covers, so she totally misses Melody sneaking up on her until the other girl bops her in the head with a pillow. She sits up, throwing off the covers. "Oh, if that's how it's going to be, you're on!" she said with a grin, picking up her pillow and swinging it at Melody.

Mel barely regained her balance after she hit Morrivan when the counter-hit came, causing mel to stumble back almost falling over. she quickly grabs a stuffed teddy bear that happened to be within reach, holding it up as a shield.


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Ace smiles at Ginni. "Yea, that definitely doesn't sound like a good idea. However, Avalon has a library that literally every book in existence, so perhaps there's information on something similar to what you're going through in a book somewhere. Research is a specialty of mine, it's how I was able to cure Ginni of her soul stealing issues my first few days here. I'll gladly offer to spend an afternoon/evening among the bookshelves to see if I can find anything to help you, once I get back from the festival I am attending later today."


Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)
Asha Soleil wrote:

"Because he's a firebird. And a noble. He might not be bad," she added doubtfully. "I talked things over with Fei and he said I should work on not overgeneralizing, but that's going to take time. I don't think I'll have that problem solved before breakfast, that's for sure. And how can you tell the good ones from the bad ones? You can't just ask them. Even Embre would say he was good when asked, but that never stopped him from using me as a punching bag. It's all very complicated," she said, describing her problem in a very matter-of-fact tone.

She patted his wings, making sure they were alright. "They don't look squished to me. And I certainly wouldn't want to squish such pretty wings. Can you fly with them or are they just for show? I've been learning how to fly, but I haven't got very far yet. Landing is difficult. I tried outside yesterday and it was going pretty well, but then I miscalculated. I phased through the first couple of trees, but only made it partway through the third one, which crushed my arm pretty bad so I ended up in the infirmary again and they made me promise only to fly in the SIM room until I knew what I was doing," she said with an impatient sigh.
"Do you think I could help with the sports club too? I like sports. Probably. I've never actually played any, but I'm sure I'd enjoy it,"...

Sil can't help but laugh at Asha's enthusiasm "Actually, you were on the top of my list of people to ask to help, after my sister of course" He pauses, and steps back slightly. "I haven't actually tried to fly with these wings yet, but I can definitely help you learn." With that he blurs form and becomes a raven, flying around her and Lucas(if he's still there) a few times. "I'm a pretty capable shapeshifter, as well as an accomplished flier." He says, speaking clearly in bird form.

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13

Lucas blinks at the sudden raven and looks back, finally spotting the girl and pointing "is this your bird?"


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:

She laughed. "Thanks. I've never really rebelled before, so I figured it was fitting to borrow my brother's clothes for it. He rebelled plenty, but he's all reformed now. Finally my turn!" she said with a wink. "Okay, so the place is called Vinaxis. There's going to be a lot of people there, but virtually no outside space. The whole planet is covered with buildings upon buildings full of shops of all kinds. We should start at the gateway area and figure out where we need to go from there, I guess. Here, take my hand so we don't get separated," she said, holding out a hand. Once Jasper takes hold of it, she'll teleport to the planet, hopefully with Jasper.

The area she arrives in resembles a train terminal more than a shopping center. There is a constant stream of people disembarking from various shuttles and several information kiosks scattered throughout the area with virtual hologram assistants ready to answer visitor questions, provided those questions weren't too difficult.

Jasper smiles and nods, taking her hand as they disappear from the hall, arriving together in the bustling terminal.

"Woah..."
He glances around at all the people, himself being head and shoulders taller than most.
"It's just like it..."
He seems lost in thought, and if you look to the top right of the frame there's the vague shimmer of a flashback going on.
He shakes his head and looks back to An.
"Sorry, sorry. So, where do we start?"


Image
Lang Fei wrote:
Lang sat a bit as the two girls talked. looking to Phaedra, ya know what, Sun taught me that having special powers does not make anyone special. I didn't ask you to be friends because of any powers. in fact I had another friend that really had no abilities at all, and I would trust her with my life.

She gave him an odd look. This idea went very contrary to what she'd experienced in her life so far. "Well, er, that's good?" she said, uncertain how exactly to respond, and totally floundering.

Awkward girl is awkward....


Image
Melody Waverider wrote:
Morrivan wrote:
Melody Waverider wrote:
Mel responds to the water tossed at her with another pillow, stolen from another bed. but this time Mel gets up and tries to sneak up on her target to give her a good boof on the head.
Morrivan has her head under the covers, so she totally misses Melody sneaking up on her until the other girl bops her in the head with a pillow. She sits up, throwing off the covers. "Oh, if that's how it's going to be, you're on!" she said with a grin, picking up her pillow and swinging it at Melody.
Mel barely regained her balance after she hit Morrivan when the counter-hit came, causing mel to stumble back almost falling over. she quickly grabs a stuffed teddy bear that happened to be within reach, holding it up as a shield.

"Oh, no fair!" Morrivan protested. "Ginni will kill me if I mess up her bear....hey, wait," she said in confusion as she finally looked around at the much bigger room with lots more beds than it used to have. "What happened to the room? When I went to sleep I was alone, and I only had one roommate. There's like six beds in here now."


Image
"Ace" wrote:
Ace smiles at Ginni. "Yea, that definitely doesn't sound like a good idea. However, Avalon has a library that literally every book in existence, so perhaps there's information on something similar to what you're going through in a book somewhere. Research is a specialty of mine, it's how I was able to cure Ginni of her soul stealing issues my first few days here. I'll gladly offer to spend an afternoon/evening among the bookshelves to see if I can find anything to help you, once I get back from the festival I am attending later today."

"If nothing else, we can find the research notes of the scientists who experimented on you. The library really does have every book in existence. It might help. It certainly can't hurt. Better information can only help design better treatments, right?"


Image

Asha laughed at Sil's antics as a raven, but when Lucas spoke to her she got quiet and took a step back. She shook her head and hoped he would get the hint already.

Too bad he didn't overhear her conversation with Silinrul, it would have explained a lot. :)


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:

She laughed. "Thanks. I've never really rebelled before, so I figured it was fitting to borrow my brother's clothes for it. He rebelled plenty, but he's all reformed now. Finally my turn!" she said with a wink. "Okay, so the place is called Vinaxis. There's going to be a lot of people there, but virtually no outside space. The whole planet is covered with buildings upon buildings full of shops of all kinds. We should start at the gateway area and figure out where we need to go from there, I guess. Here, take my hand so we don't get separated," she said, holding out a hand. Once Jasper takes hold of it, she'll teleport to the planet, hopefully with Jasper.

The area she arrives in resembles a train terminal more than a shopping center. There is a constant stream of people disembarking from various shuttles and several information kiosks scattered throughout the area with virtual hologram assistants ready to answer visitor questions, provided those questions weren't too difficult.

Jasper smiles and nods, taking her hand as they disappear from the hall, arriving together in the bustling terminal.

"Woah..."
He glances around at all the people, himself being head and shoulders taller than most.
"It's just like it..."
He seems lost in thought, and if you look to the top right of the frame there's the vague shimmer of a flashback going on.
He shakes his head and looks back to An.
"Sorry, sorry. So, where do we start?"

She led the way to one of the kiosks and pulled up a map, trying to figure out the best place to go. "It looks like we should go to the Bazaar district to find somewhere to sell your statue. There's lots of clothes shops and such there too. If we don't find what we like, we can always try the section they call the Promenade, or maybe Goblintown. There's a tram just over this way that can take us where we want to go," she said, pointing the way.

"So, have you been here before?" she asked, casually, "or is it just that it reminds you of someplace you've been before? You got that kinda spacey look when we got here like you were remembering something. Just tell me if I'm being too nosey."

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13
Asha Soleil wrote:

Asha laughed at Sil's antics as a raven, but when Lucas spoke to her she got quiet and took a step back. She shook her head and hoped he would get the hint already.

Too bad he didn't overhear her conversation with Silinrul, it would have explained a lot. :)

his hearing is good enough that he has blindsense 40 ft from it, whenever he bothers to emit the high pitch chirps. So he heard, he's pretending not to, because supernatural overhearing is rude

He bows to her and quickly walks off, giving her space.


Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)

I'm not sure about Asha, but Sil was speaking Common the whole time, including while in raven form.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.
Tybalt Baneko wrote:
David.De'Foul wrote:
"daaaang, it's like an entire planet of me......"

The cat smiles and giggles a little at his reaction.

"Always knew I liked something about this place." He smiles and nudges Dave's side.
He glances over to a holo map, following from where they were to an open anti- Grav cafe with his finger.
"Ooookay. I think I know where it is. You ready to eat?"

"Starving as always, first thing in the morning" he looks around, enraptured by the sights. he wonders if his unusual physique would allow him to survive out in the dangerous environment Tybalt had mentioned


Female Kitsune Sorcerer/Magus
Keme Tokala wrote:
"In answer to your unspoken question, no, it's not like that. She's my best friend. Zero romantic attachment there. But yeah, she's special to me. When I was trying to push everyone away to save them from Esperanza's cruelty, Kitty saw right through my act and made sure I was never totally alone. The only reason you haven't heard me mention her before is because we haven't had a lot of personal conversations yet. We were in pretty different age groups at home, since you're so much older than me. Let's face it, if I aged like a normal kitsune I'd be like two feet tall right now and learning the most basic things. Instead I've got a nearly adult body, the powers of an elder, and zero idea what I'm doing," he said with a slight grimace. "And we haven't socialized much since you got here. But I'm trying to make up for that now. And I'll make sure to introduce you to Kitty as soon as I can manage it. I'd introduce you to my other friends too ...if I had any. I've got some people I know, but I'm still dealing with the fallout of acting like a massive jerk for more than a year, no matter how good the reasons for it were."

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Alys smiles playfully, laughing a little as he starts to explain his relationship with Kitty. Her mirth fades pretty quickly with the serious subjects that follow. She nods and murmurs a quiet but unintelligible comment a couple of times. When he finishes, she puts a hand on his arm for a moment; an uncharacteristically open show of affection. She writes for several minutes, occasionally saying things under her breath, the sounds of which indicate that they are curses. The note spans a a couple of pages in her tablet, I am very glad to have you here, Keme, overgrown pup though you are. I was worried that there would be no one here aside from Uncle Genosuke with whom I could speak easily. He is a little imposing! I will be happy to meet your friend; if she is as steadfast as you say, I will be very happy, indeed, that she was here for you. I know that I was pretty wrapped up in my own troubles back home, but I am looking forward to making up for lost time. You have at least two friends now, cousin!" There is more scribbled out than there is clearly written, and Alys seems frustrated with the paper when she is finished.

After she slides the pad toward him, she turns her attention to her breakfast while he reads it.


Phaedra Svarog wrote:
Phaedra giggled. "He's not really a people person. I asked him once why he didn't like to go to parties and he said that people were too loud and he preferred books because they were always quiet."

Cindra giggles quietly and nods in agreement.

Phaedra Svarog wrote:
Lang Fei wrote:
Lang sat a bit as the two girls talked. looking to Phaedra, ya know what, Sun taught me that having special powers does not make anyone special. I didn't ask you to be friends because of any powers. in fact I had another friend that really had no abilities at all, and I would trust her with my life.

She gave him an odd look. This idea went very contrary to what she'd experienced in her life so far. "Well, er, that's good?" she said, uncertain how exactly to respond, and totally floundering.

Awkward girl is awkward....

Cindra smiles at Lang and Sun, "What makes a person special is not what they can do, but who they are. It took a long time for me to understand that, my family being how they are."


Female {REDACTED} {REDACTED}
Mithros Phoebus wrote:

"The other Jessa is pretty scary...but it is really nice of you to offer, Ginni."

"Jessa, what's it like, now? Do you talk with her, in your mind? I'm really curious how this works, but if this is too personal, I'll stop. I saw what she did at the crater, and it was...frighteningly amazing, if that makes any sense...I'm really, really relieved you've recovered from that whole mess."

"Um, I can kinda talk to her if we both want to. It is hard to talk to her if she doesn't want to talk to me unless Nala helps make it possible. Nala is really nice, but She doesn't like Nala." Jessa looks thoughtful for a minute, "I guess it is like when you are talking to yourself, but when I talk to her I am not in charge of the answers I give myself....If that makes any sense."

"I do not remember the day I got here, much, except that I was scared of everyone, and then she tried to kill everyone by letting the virus loose." She smiles shyly at Mithros, "I am glad I recovered, too."

Ginni wrote:
"Ace" wrote:
Ace smiles at Ginni. "Yea, that definitely doesn't sound like a good idea. However, Avalon has a library that literally every book in existence, so perhaps there's information on something similar to what you're going through in a book somewhere. Research is a specialty of mine, it's how I was able to cure Ginni of her soul stealing issues my first few days here. I'll gladly offer to spend an afternoon/evening among the bookshelves to see if I can find anything to help you, once I get back from the festival I am attending later today."
"If nothing else, we can find the research notes of the scientists who experimented on you. The library really does have every book in existence. It might help. It certainly can't hurt. Better information can only help design better treatments, right?"

"Those notes might help Nala and this other healer she mentioned, Fays Rel or something, but I don't really want to read them. It was bad enough to go through it once. That is why she came."


Female shantak Dread 1,
space saver:
size- large within school bounds, huge outside. Oozes slime. Knowlage on a shantak is very hard to come by- they are poorly known.
Grim Jr. wrote:
"uh, I don't know then, we can hunt whatever you like. "

"I guess..."

viskra swoops down and catches a deer in her talons, then starts steadily flapping up.


Male Human-Reaper/obitu Death Mage 11/oracle 1/grim reaper 10

Grin has his scythe out when she swoops ans he excitedly whoops until he notices she's already leaving "huh. That was easy"


Female shantak Dread 1,
space saver:
size- large within school bounds, huge outside. Oozes slime. Knowlage on a shantak is very hard to come by- they are poorly known.
Grim Jr. wrote:
Grin has his scythe out when she swoops ans he excitedly whoops until he notices she's already leaving "huh. That was easy"

viskra laughs manically, flapping higher and higher, holding the squirming deer below her. When she gets a good hundred feet up, she drops the deer, making an odd trilling noise.


Male Human-Reaper/obitu Death Mage 11/oracle 1/grim reaper 10

Grim looks somewhat concerned at the maniacal laughter "uh Vriskra... you ok?.... we're rather high" ride: 1d20 + 14 - 6 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 14 - 6 - 5 = 17


Female shantak Dread 1,
space saver:
size- large within school bounds, huge outside. Oozes slime. Knowlage on a shantak is very hard to come by- they are poorly known.
Grim Jr. wrote:
Grim looks somewhat concerned at the maniacal laughter "uh Vriskra... you ok?.... we're rather high" [dice=ride]1d20+14-6-5

viskra lets out a loud screech as she dives down, landing down next to the beast as it splatters, before tearing into the beast, devouring bone and flesh alike.


Male Human-Reaper/obitu Death Mage 11/oracle 1/grim reaper 10

Grim gets off and looks on and watches as she devours it. "Um.... are you.... are you going to share?"


Female shantak Dread 1,
space saver:
size- large within school bounds, huge outside. Oozes slime. Knowlage on a shantak is very hard to come by- they are poorly known.
Grim Jr. wrote:
Grim gets off and looks on and watches as she devours it. "Um.... are you.... are you going to share?"

viskra blinks a few times. Then backs up. Gesturing with a wing to the bloody heap.


Male Human-Reaper/obitu Death Mage 11/oracle 1/grim reaper 10

Grim stabs into the chunk with his scythe to remove a small piece. A small spectral gas leaks out of the hole for a half a second.
Grim chews on the small chunk of dear, Nibbling on the flesh

76,601 to 76,650 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1528 | 1529 | 1530 | 1531 | 1532 | 1533 | 1534 | 1535 | 1536 | 1537 | 1538 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.