The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


76,351 to 76,400 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1523 | 1524 | 1525 | 1526 | 1527 | 1528 | 1529 | 1530 | 1531 | 1532 | 1533 | next > last >>

male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Adon Derro wrote:


"I don't see why not." Adon keeps eating, not slowing down at all. "one second. Need to get a third plate..." adon pauses. "...On second thought, it can wait, I can talk. So, what's your brother like?"

"Well....he used to be a typical seven year old. Running around, getting into trouble, playing with his friends. And then his powers happened. He used them to stop his friend from getting run over by a cart. He can control metal. Well, it's like some kind of extreme magnetism. But just because he used his powers for good doesn't mean that the townspeople cared," she said bitterly. "It was bad enough when they ran me out of town, but with Dara...they were going to kill him, Adon. For something he couldn't help. And when Mom and Dad protected him....they killed them. And Dara saw it. People that he'd known and trusted and they killed our parents right in front of him. Somehow he got away. Someone must have helped him. He got away and he made it here by some miracle. But now....he doesn't talk anymore. Hasn't said a word in months. He's terrified of people. It's hard for him to trust anyone. He has trouble making friends, or even just sitting in a classroom. He tends to make a sort of walking fortress around himself out of any bits of metal he can find. There was someone who was teaching him how to use these special gloves to talk. It's a sort of sign language and the gloves can translate it to text that they display in the air. But that guy just sort of disappeared. Stopped coming to lessons. I don't know exactly what happened. But I know that Dara isn't really making much progress lately. And I don't really know what to do for him. I'm trying, but...I'm hurt and angry too and it isn't really helping."

"Uhhh....Sorry. That was probably a lot all at once. It's just been weighing on me for a while," she said sadly as she nervously crumbled a piece of toast on her plate.

adon tilts his head.

"So, wait. Your town has issues with stuff like that?"
adon keeps as streight of a face as he can manage.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Asha Soleil wrote:
Once she's hooked up to the IV and getting nutrients, her color improves quickly. As she regains consciousness, the first thing she does is reflexively curl into a ball, with her hands around her head to protect it. When she notices the sounds of the infirmary around her, she slowly uncurls. "How did I get here?" she asks, still a little disoriented.

"I brought you here to the school Infirmary after you collapsed," Fei replies with an apologetic bow as he comes back into Asha's field of view.

"Given how you had already over-exerted yourself, I thought it wise to replenish what you needed as quickly as I could. I...am sorry this is not as flavorful as the Cafeteria food, but it is working much faster. Your complexion has greatly improved, and your bouts of shaking have stopped altogether. You are going to be alright," the young monk says reassuringly. (^-^)


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:


She unconsciously twirls and moves along with the breezes, absolutely enchanted by the whole display. "Yeah, that's right. That's Jiminy. Oh my gosh. You have study notes. About my family. Nothing says your family is complicated like flashcards arranged in a flow chart," she laughed as she spotted the pattern. "I think your study method definitely looks like more fun than mine, too," she added with one last twirl before she landed on the couch next to him. Her hair was still tightly pinned up in its ballerina bun, but the wind had managed to work a few tendrils free and she brushed the hair back from her face, tucking it behind her ears as best she could manage. "I can definitely see there's a lot of attention to detail. It's hard to believe you can actually make all of this out of just paper," she said, smiling and shaking her head in disbelief as she couldn't decide where to look next.

"I, uh..." He laughs shortly. "At first I just wanted you to know I was listening, but ya, your family is pretty huge. And there are a lot of long names." He chuckles as he plucks a plane out of the air, looking at the notes before sending it back up.

"It does kinda help me keep stuff straight. Everything moves in circles, so if I can link the stuff I need to remember, I can get back to anywhere else in the circle."
He watches the whale float past, giving it more thought than he usually would. Having someone else appreciate his work makes him do the same.
He glances over to Andromeda, happy to see her regimented shell being blown open a bit by the display.
"I could teach you some, if you want. Y'know, folding and lift and stuff. I promise to try not to make it boring." He grins a little at that."


Image
Adon Derro wrote:


adon tilts his head.
"So, wait. Your town has issues with stuff like that?"
adon keeps as streight of a face as he can manage.

Sadie shrugged. "Yeah. They're not just against magic, they're militantly against magic. A long time ago, like sometime way back in history, a mage ran amok and imprisoned a bunch of people as his slaves. There was an uprising of some kind and the survivors decided to build a society with no magic. We're the descendants of those people. Strictly speaking what my brother and I can do isn't magic. That's why your anti magic has trouble getting rid of my forcefields. It's not even the same substance as magic. But my town doesn't really differentiate about where powers come from. If it looks like magic, it's banned. What they did to me, well...it hurt. I won't lie. It was hard. But it was fair. Exile was a reasonable response. No powers in their community. I didn't like it, but I respected it and their right to enforce the laws. What they did to my brother....what they did to my parents for trying to protect him....That's unforgivable. They crossed a line, one that should never have been crossed. You don't get to do that and still call yourself good people afterwards," she said, practically growling at the end as she tried to control her anger.


Image
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Asha Soleil wrote:
Once she's hooked up to the IV and getting nutrients, her color improves quickly. As she regains consciousness, the first thing she does is reflexively curl into a ball, with her hands around her head to protect it. When she notices the sounds of the infirmary around her, she slowly uncurls. "How did I get here?" she asks, still a little disoriented.

"I brought you here to the school Infirmary after you collapsed," Fei replies with an apologetic bow as he comes back into Asha's field of view.

"Given how you had already over-exerted yourself, I thought it wise to replenish what you needed as quickly as I could. I...am sorry this is not as flavorful as the Cafeteria food, but it is working much faster. Your complexion has greatly improved, and your bouts of shaking have stopped altogether. You are going to be alright," the young monk says reassuringly. (^-^)

"Oh. Umm....thank you. I really appreciate your help. I don't usually....well, that's the first time I've fainted since I came to this school. I mean, I used to faint a lot, but that was because I wasn't given very much food. But they let you eat as much as you want here, which is amazing, and that's how I learned I can go through stuff, but it takes a lot of energy and I don't really know how to control it, and this is the first time I've used up so much energy from it that I fainted," she said, nervously unable to stop talking while at the same time frantically trying to remember the lessons on not over-sharing.


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:


She unconsciously twirls and moves along with the breezes, absolutely enchanted by the whole display. "Yeah, that's right. That's Jiminy. Oh my gosh. You have study notes. About my family. Nothing says your family is complicated like flashcards arranged in a flow chart," she laughed as she spotted the pattern. "I think your study method definitely looks like more fun than mine, too," she added with one last twirl before she landed on the couch next to him. Her hair was still tightly pinned up in its ballerina bun, but the wind had managed to work a few tendrils free and she brushed the hair back from her face, tucking it behind her ears as best she could manage. "I can definitely see there's a lot of attention to detail. It's hard to believe you can actually make all of this out of just paper," she said, smiling and shaking her head in disbelief as she couldn't decide where to look next.

"I, uh..." He laughs shortly. "At first I just wanted you to know I was listening, but ya, your family is pretty huge. And there are a lot of long names." He chuckles as he plucks a plane out of the air, looking at the notes before sending it back up.

"It does kinda help me keep stuff straight. Everything moves in circles, so if I can link the stuff I need to remember, I can get back to anywhere else in the circle."
He watches the whale float past, giving it more thought than he usually would. Having someone else appreciate his work makes him do the same.
He glances over to Andromeda, happy to see her regimented shell being blown open a bit by the display.
"I could teach you some, if you want. Y'know, folding and lift and stuff. I promise to try not to make it boring." He grins a little at that."

"That sounds like fun," she said with a smile. "I mean, I'll probably be terrible at it, but that's okay. Trying new things."

She was interrupted by a very loud growling sound from her stomach.
"Er....maybe after breakfast? I've been practicing since before dawn. I don't remember if it was 4:30 or 5 when I got started. I couldn't sleep, so I figured I might as well dance. But now I'm really hungry. As you could hear. I came to see if you wanted to join me for breakfast actually."


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Asha Soleil wrote:
"Oh. Umm....thank you. I really appreciate your help. I don't usually....well, that's the first time I've fainted since I came to this school. I mean, I used to faint a lot, but that was because I wasn't given very much food. But they let you eat as much as you want here, which is amazing, and that's how I learned I can go through stuff, but it takes a lot of energy and I don't really know how to control it, and this is the first time I've used up so much energy from it that I fainted," she said, nervously unable to stop talking while at the same time frantically trying to remember the lessons on not over-sharing.

"You are most welcome," Fei answers with a warm smile. That smile fades to a more concerned look as Asha describes her prehistory of apparent malnutrition.

"You are in a far better place than you have been, from what you have told me. And you are in the best place to learn to control your new ability."

"There is nothing to be nervous about, Asha - you should be well enough to leave in a few minutes, and to enjoy the rest of your day however you wish."


Image
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Asha Soleil wrote:
"Oh. Umm....thank you. I really appreciate your help. I don't usually....well, that's the first time I've fainted since I came to this school. I mean, I used to faint a lot, but that was because I wasn't given very much food. But they let you eat as much as you want here, which is amazing, and that's how I learned I can go through stuff, but it takes a lot of energy and I don't really know how to control it, and this is the first time I've used up so much energy from it that I fainted," she said, nervously unable to stop talking while at the same time frantically trying to remember the lessons on not over-sharing.

"You are most welcome," Fei answers with a warm smile. That smile fades to a more concerned look as Asha describes her prehistory of apparent malnutrition.

"You are in a far better place than you have been, from what you have told me. And you are in the best place to learn to control your new ability."

"There is nothing to be nervous about, Asha - you should be well enough to leave in a few minutes, and to enjoy the rest of your day however you wish."

"Yeah, you're right," she said, attempting and failing to give a cheerful smile. "Umm....I've been told I have some problems with over-sharing and it makes people uncomfortable. There's...something I want to talk about, but it probably falls under that category. Would it be okay to talk to you? If it's not, I'm not going to be offended. I just....most of the friends I made when I got here have all left to go to Mentor. It's kind of a long story. But that's not what I need to talk about. I need some advice and you seem like a really calm person. So you might be able to help me. If you're okay with that."


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist

"Hey, I promise I'll tell you if you're awful." He smiles and stands, offering her a hand up off the couch. "But until then, I'm ok with assuming you're great at it."

The airplanes and things start to slowly drift as the wind slows, piling up on his desk.

"Sounds good to me. Next time you can't sleep, you can come find me if you want. I don't need to sleep. More of a choice."

He holds and shuts the door as they head out into the hall. He grows a few inches in the larger space, setting a hand on the wall.

"What had you up so early anyways?"


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:

"Hey, I promise I'll tell you if you're awful." He smiles and stands, offering her a hand up off the couch. "But until then, I'm ok with assuming you're great at it."

The airplanes and things start to slowly drift as the wind slows, piling up on his desk.

"Sounds good to me. Next time you can't sleep, you can come find me if you want. I don't need to sleep. More of a choice."

He holds and shuts the door as they head out into the hall. He grows a few inches in the larger space, setting a hand on the wall.

"What had you up so early anyways?"

"Memories. Mine. Someone else's. I can't tell anymore. I can deal alright during the day when there are lots of things to do and keep my mind distracted. But at night when it's just me, all alone in the quiet with my thoughts...it gets kinda ugly sometimes. I can't separate myself and my memories from all the other versions of me whose heads I spent time in. And then I start freaking out about it. Questioning who I am. And then I'm too busy having a panic attack to actually sleep," she said with an apologetic shrug.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Asha Soleil wrote:
"Yeah, you're right," she said, attempting and failing to give a cheerful smile. "Umm....I've been told I have some problems with over-sharing and it makes people uncomfortable. There's...something I want to talk about, but it probably falls under that category. Would it be okay to talk to you? If it's not, I'm not going to be offended. I just....most of the friends I made when I got here have all left to go to Mentor. It's kind of a long story. But that's not what I need to talk about. I need some advice and you seem like a really calm person. So you might be able to help me. If you're okay with that."

Fei looks thoughtful for a few seconds, then nods his head.

"I will do what I can to help, if I am able. It sounds like your subject should wait until you can leave the Infirmary, though. Allow me a moment to check something."

The young monk checks the datapad for Asha, confirming that her vital signs are now stable enough for her to be discharged.

"You should now be able to leave without incident - let me remove the IV seal the puncture, then we may go."

Unless stopped, he carefully extracts the IV, and then places a finger over the the puncture, expending a bit of his healing energies to seal the wound without the need for a bandage.


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist

"Well, if you ever wanna talk when that happens, just come on over. Feel free to just pop right in. After decades alone, I don't mind the company." He walks quietly for just a bit.
"Maybe you could find someone that does hypnosis. Could help you sleep. Maybe even put the other memories under so they aren't all mixed up."


Image
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Asha Soleil wrote:
"Yeah, you're right," she said, attempting and failing to give a cheerful smile. "Umm....I've been told I have some problems with over-sharing and it makes people uncomfortable. There's...something I want to talk about, but it probably falls under that category. Would it be okay to talk to you? If it's not, I'm not going to be offended. I just....most of the friends I made when I got here have all left to go to Mentor. It's kind of a long story. But that's not what I need to talk about. I need some advice and you seem like a really calm person. So you might be able to help me. If you're okay with that."

Fei looks thoughtful for a few seconds, then nods his head.

"I will do what I can to help, if I am able. It sounds like your subject should wait until you can leave the Infirmary, though. Allow me a moment to check something."

The young monk checks the datapad for Asha, confirming that her vital signs are now stable enough for her to be discharged.

"You should now be able to leave without incident - let me remove the IV seal the puncture, then we may go."

Unless stopped, he carefully extracts the IV, and then places a finger over the the puncture, expending a bit of his healing energies to seal the wound without the need for a bandage.

She allows him to help her, pretty fascinated that he can just heal her with a touch. Normally someone would have to use a match to do that.

"Umm...okay. Thanks. Does that mean that you are willing to listen and give me some advice? Just making sure before I start blathering on."


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:

"Well, if you ever wanna talk when that happens, just come on over. Feel free to just pop right in. After decades alone, I don't mind the company." He walks quietly for just a bit.

"Maybe you could find someone that does hypnosis. Could help you sleep. Maybe even put the other memories under so they aren't all mixed up."

"Not sure how I feel about someone messing around in my head. But it's an idea. If things don't improve I'll look into it," she agreed.

As they got to the cafeteria, she made a beeline for her special cart, now that she knew where to look. "So, you wanna chance eating here in the normal room, or shall we go eat in the side room like last night?" she asked, trying to be considerate of Jasper's feelings about this large room with all the windows.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Asha Soleil wrote:

She allows him to help her, pretty fascinated that he can just heal her with a touch. Normally someone would have to use a match to do that.

"Umm...okay. Thanks. Does that mean that you are willing to listen and give me some advice? Just making sure before I start blathering on."

"Yes I am," he affirms with a quick bow. "As best as I can." (^-^)


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist

"Someone that knows what they're doing, of course."

Upon entering the room he tentatively looks at the ceiling much like someone looks down a deep and sudden drop after having been told not to.
While his top set of hands move 9ver his eyes like he was blocking the sun, his bottom set circle around each other and produce a flat brimmed baseball cap with a thundercloud on it that he puts on, blocking his view of the ceiling. He steps in after her, refraining from growing any larger.

"I think, uh, I'll give it a try... If you want to, that is."

He tries his best to remain cool in front of An.


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)
Ginni wrote:
"Yeah," she agreed, setting down her tray at not the usual table. Because if things were going to be different anyways, well...this was easier somehow. "I would have to say worst week of my life so far, and you saw that I had quite a few doozies to compete with it. Or maybe you didn't. I'm still not sure how much you did and didn't see inside my mind. So I'm glad that we're able to move on, change the old patterns and create new ones that will be better from here on," she said with a cheerful smile. "There will always be people like that who lash out because they're jealous or they're scared or there's just something missing in their hearts. No sense getting dragged into the mud with them, right?"

"I saw some, but it honestly doesn't matter. Your past, nor your true nature, doesn't change my feelings for you. I did lot of soul searching and personal examination this last week, and I'm hoping to be a better person overall now. Also yea, some people just suck like that, we should definitely try to avoid such jealous, hateful souls"


Image
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Asha Soleil wrote:

She allows him to help her, pretty fascinated that he can just heal her with a touch. Normally someone would have to use a match to do that.

"Umm...okay. Thanks. Does that mean that you are willing to listen and give me some advice? Just making sure before I start blathering on."

"Yes I am," he affirms with a quick bow. "As best as I can." (^-^)

She lets him lead the way out of the infirmary since he seemed to think it was not appropriate to talk there before she starts talking. "Umm....I have to start with some background information. It's just information. I don't need pity or attention or anything. I just need to start there because I need to explain the situation first. I was locked in a tower for most of my life. The first time I was let out was because of the evacuation of the sun and then I escaped, mostly because they never expected I could manage to actually escape. My family are....bad people. But powerful. Or they were. It's all a little murky now. It wasn't great when I was little. I was basically neglected and not given enough food to eat and very little attention and practically no education. I saw my parents like once a year I think. That's how I knew when my birthday was. They came to see how I was progressing. They were always disappointed. When I got older, it got worse. The family decided to put my cousin Embre in charge of my education. He's a very bad person. Pretty much what I learned from him was how it felt to have bones broken. He hit me. And kicked me. And occasionally sliced or stabbed me. He got away with it because all it took was some fire to put me back together just the way I was, so I couldn't prove to anyone what he was doing. If I could have ever even gotten the attention of anyone outside the household. Which is hard to do from inside a locked tower. The only window was pretty high up so people couldn't really hear me calling out of it. Or they ignored it. That's just as likely. After I came here to this school, I met my little brother. I hadn't even known I had a little brother. He was hidden away because his powers were considered shameful. He's more of an icebird than a firebird really. Embre took Pyry when he was little and dropped him on a mountaintop to die. Ironically that probably saved Pyry's life cause all that snow was good for him, but it was an accidental good deed, believe me. And I heard some rumors about Embre when the servants thought I couldn't hear them. Stuff about him hurting other people, outside of the household. After I came here, my family put out a death warrant on me. Because I'm considered a stain on the family honor. I can't leave the school grounds because of that. Like I said, bad people. That's not what I need advice about, though. I know why I'm afraid of them and why I'm angry at them. It's the others. The nobles, really. I get why the people with no real power didn't do anything. And as things currently stand, they're happy to stay away from me and I'm happy to stay away from them. It works out pretty naturally. But the ones who had power. Who couldn't have avoided knowing at least some of it. They did nothing. And I feel so angry about that. I don't know what to do with these feelings. I fell through the floor this morning because I ran into the boy my parents wanted me to marry. He didn't know who I was. My parents picked him, so he can't be very good. But then they cancelled the engagement because he did something. I couldn't get details . But he directly disobeyed the council. So he's probably not all bad. And that's hard to process. I feel confused. Mostly I don't want to see him. Like ever. Which can't be that hard since he doesn't know who I am and has like zero interest in me. The other boy, the one who came down to the basement, he was talking with him at that time. He's from some other noble house I think. I'm not sure which. Probably Svarog. There are so many of them that it's the safest guess if you're not sure. And I have all this anger. Maybe I'm wrong. He can't be much older than I am. Maybe he was sheltered. Or was just as powerless as the servants. But when I think about it...how can I ever trust any of them? They did nothing. Embre is still walking around free and I'm just in a bigger cage. So that's my question really. How am I supposed to deal with the people who weren't directly responsible for what happened, but are indirectly responsible through inaction? Where is the line between people who are responsible and people who aren't? And what am I supposed to do with so much anger?"

She paused. "Umm...it's okay if you don't have an answer. I think mostly I just needed to talk through the question. But any advice is appreciated. Really. I'm not very good at knowing how to interact with people. I didn't get much practice before. So I'm really sorry if I overstepped my bounds."


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:

"Someone that knows what they're doing, of course."

Upon entering the room he tentatively looks at the ceiling much like someone looks down a deep and sudden drop after having been told not to.
While his top set of hands move 9ver his eyes like he was blocking the sun, his bottom set circle around each other and produce a flat brimmed baseball cap with a thundercloud on it that he puts on, blocking his view of the ceiling. He steps in after her, refraining from growing any larger.

"I think, uh, I'll give it a try... If you want to, that is."

He tries his best to remain cool in front of An.

"Alright. If you're sure. But if you feel uncomfortable, just tell me and we can move, okay?" she said, collecting her cart and steering it towards a table as far from the windows as she could manage.

She checked the contents and squealed with glee. "Yay! Pancakes! The best excuse to drink maple syrup ever!"


Image
"Ace" wrote:
Ginni wrote:
"Yeah," she agreed, setting down her tray at not the usual table. Because if things were going to be different anyways, well...this was easier somehow. "I would have to say worst week of my life so far, and you saw that I had quite a few doozies to compete with it. Or maybe you didn't. I'm still not sure how much you did and didn't see inside my mind. So I'm glad that we're able to move on, change the old patterns and create new ones that will be better from here on," she said with a cheerful smile. "There will always be people like that who lash out because they're jealous or they're scared or there's just something missing in their hearts. No sense getting dragged into the mud with them, right?"
"I saw some, but it honestly doesn't matter. Your past, nor your true nature, doesn't change my feelings for you. I did lot of soul searching and personal examination this last week, and I'm hoping to be a better person overall now. Also yea, some people just suck like that, we should definitely try to avoid such jealous, hateful souls"

She kissed him and then smiled. "Right answer," she said with an impish grin. "Now let's eat breakfast before it gets cold." She sat down and started digging into the nauseatingly sweet sundae that she'd turned her waffle into. "Mmm. I wasn't sure that the caramel and the strawberries would mix, but that's actually pretty good," she said with her mouth full.


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Ace kisses her back "Thanks, and yea, gotta make sure I eat plenty before my big trip." He sits down across from her "Caramel and strawberries were a favorite treat of mine when I was younger. My mom was really big into all sorts of weird and exotic combinations." He replies with a grin, happy to see Ginni enjoying herself.


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist

He nods as he follows to the table, making sure he knew where it was.

"I'm gonna go see if anything sticks out to me. Be right back."

Mostly looking at the floor with a glance up to make sure he doesn't bump into anyone, he heads out to check the lunch line, returning with a cup of fruit salad and a bowl of chocolatey cereal, along with a cup of coffee. Everything notably lacks animal products.

"So, you got any plans for today?"


male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Adon Derro wrote:


adon tilts his head.
"So, wait. Your town has issues with stuff like that?"
adon keeps as streight of a face as he can manage.
Sadie shrugged. "Yeah. They're not just against magic, they're militantly against magic. A long time ago, like sometime way back in history, a mage ran amok and imprisoned a bunch of people as his slaves. There was an uprising of some kind and the survivors decided to build a society with no magic. We're the descendants of those people. Strictly speaking what my brother and I can do isn't magic. That's why your anti magic has trouble getting rid of my forcefields. It's not even the same substance as magic. But my town doesn't really differentiate about where powers come from. If it looks like magic, it's banned. What they did to me, well...it hurt. I won't lie. It was hard. But it was fair. Exile was a reasonable response. No powers in their community. I didn't like it, but I respected it and their right to enforce the laws. What they did to my brother....what they did to my parents for trying to protect him....That's unforgivable. They crossed a line, one that should never have been crossed. You don't get to do that and still call yourself good people afterwards," she said, practically growling at the end as she tried to control her anger.

aeon falls silent for a while, unsure of what to say.


Female {REDACTED} {REDACTED}

Jessa wanders slowly into the dining hall, obviously still very tired. She goes through the line barely conscious and takes her breakfast to a table, completely oblivious of anyone else.

Putting sugar and cream into a cup of coffee with a lavish hand, she halfheartedly murmurs a hello to the demon-looking girl and the boy sitting with her a couple of seats away. Age and Ginni

Jessa's attention is mainly on her coffee and she is clearly still not entirely awake or aware of who is around her.


Nala Zamarosok wrote:
Nala was napping in one of the exam rooms. Every time she tried to go off duty, something else went wrong, and without Phaezeriel keeping things calm her presence was needed near constantly. Plus one of the nurses had disappeared without notice. There had been some new medical staff that arrived though, which helped immensely. Until she had to teach them how to work with the new systems. Again. Ugh. Why had she decided to go into Healing as a career again?

Just as the thought crossed her mind, an alert discreetly blipped onto her datapad. Not an emergency, not yet, but the sensors in the iso-room where Phaezeriel was were detecting a marked rise in the energy concentration inside the cocoon. If the delta remains constant the transmutation energy will begin to radiate out from the cocoon and affect nearby objects and creatures at precisely 12:14:37.


Female Kitsune Sorcerer/Magus

Alys steps into the lunchroom, looking around as if searching for someone. Her hand rests lightly on the katana that is always at her waist. With a sigh she heads for the serving line for another morning of 'point silently at what you want and try not to seem like you think you are too good to talk to the kitchen staff'.


True to her word, Cindra steps into the elementary cafeteria and spots Phaedra after a few moments. Seeing the girl sitting with some friends, she tries to discreetly catch Phaedra's eye but remains unnoticed, as usual. I will not have her thinking I don't keep my promises.

With a sigh Cindra heads over to Phadra's table, coming to a stop beside the girl and speaking with a bright smile on her face, "Hi, Phaedra! How are you this morning?"


Image
Lurch the Narrator wrote:
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
Nala was napping in one of the exam rooms. Every time she tried to go off duty, something else went wrong, and without Phaezeriel keeping things calm her presence was needed near constantly. Plus one of the nurses had disappeared without notice. There had been some new medical staff that arrived though, which helped immensely. Until she had to teach them how to work with the new systems. Again. Ugh. Why had she decided to go into Healing as a career again?
Just as the thought crossed her mind, an alert discreetly blipped onto her datapad. Not an emergency, not yet, but the sensors in the iso-room where Phaezeriel was were detecting a marked rise in the energy concentration inside the cocoon. If the delta remains constant the transmutation energy will begin to radiate out from the cocoon and affect nearby objects and creatures at precisely 12:14:37.

Nala groaned and rolled out of the cot she'd been laying on. She stumbled out and grabbed the nearest staff member she saw. "I need an energy containment field prepped to go around the room Phaezeriel is in. We have some time, but not all day. Also, get me an energy drink. I don't care what. No rest for the wicked," she added, rubbing her hands over her eyes, trying to manage awake.


Image
Alys Himuro wrote:
Alys steps into the lunchroom, looking around as if searching for someone. Her hand rests lightly on the katana that is always at her waist. With a sigh she heads for the serving line for another morning of 'point silently at what you want and try not to seem like you think you are too good to talk to the kitchen staff'.

"I recommend the fried fish," she heard right over her shoulder. "With the miso soup. I don't care who says that sweet stuff for breakfast is a good idea, I still can't get used to it, and I've been here for a year now," Keme said with a cheeky grin, dodging if necessary. He knew the perils of startling a fellow kitsune, "I was waiting for you."


Image
Cindra Svarog wrote:

True to her word, Cindra steps into the elementary cafeteria and spots Phaedra after a few moments. Seeing the girl sitting with some friends, she tries to discreetly catch Phaedra's eye but remains unnoticed, as usual. I will not have her thinking I don't keep my promises.

With a sigh Cindra heads over to Phadra's table, coming to a stop beside the girl and speaking with a bright smile on her face, "Hi, Phaedra! How are you this morning?"

Phaedra stopped eating and jumped up to give Cindra a big hug. "Cindra! You did come to see me! Oh, I'm so happy to see you!"

"Er, this is Lang. He's one of my classmates. Lang, this is my cousin Cindra," she said, remembering her manners and dutifully introducing them.


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:

He nods as he follows to the table, making sure he knew where it was.

"I'm gonna go see if anything sticks out to me. Be right back."

Mostly looking at the floor with a glance up to make sure he doesn't bump into anyone, he heads out to check the lunch line, returning with a cup of fruit salad and a bowl of chocolatey cereal, along with a cup of coffee. Everything notably lacks animal products.

"So, you got any plans for today?"

"Not for the day, as such. But we got invited to a party this evening. You remember that guy, Dave, that we met at dinner? It's his birthday party. And there was this other guy, Tybalt, who I think is in charge of throwing the party. They're "not a couple", " she said, making air quotes, "except that I totally felt like a third wheel hanging out with the two of them. Anyways, they were nice enough. Oh, and that Tybalt guy is some kind of catwalk, also the Champion of Mercy. So, you know, more of the gang as it were. How about you? You meet any interesting new people last night? Or have any fun plans for today?"


Image
Adon Derro wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Adon Derro wrote:


adon tilts his head.
"So, wait. Your town has issues with stuff like that?"
adon keeps as streight of a face as he can manage.
Sadie shrugged. "Yeah. They're not just against magic, they're militantly against magic. A long time ago, like sometime way back in history, a mage ran amok and imprisoned a bunch of people as his slaves. There was an uprising of some kind and the survivors decided to build a society with no magic. We're the descendants of those people. Strictly speaking what my brother and I can do isn't magic. That's why your anti magic has trouble getting rid of my forcefields. It's not even the same substance as magic. But my town doesn't really differentiate about where powers come from. If it looks like magic, it's banned. What they did to me, well...it hurt. I won't lie. It was hard. But it was fair. Exile was a reasonable response. No powers in their community. I didn't like it, but I respected it and their right to enforce the laws. What they did to my brother....what they did to my parents for trying to protect him....That's unforgivable. They crossed a line, one that should never have been crossed. You don't get to do that and still call yourself good people afterwards," she said, practically growling at the end as she tried to control her anger.
aeon falls silent for a while, unsure of what to say.

"Sorry. It's too much. Yeah, sorry. I...haven't talked about it a lot," she said, trying to force herself to calm down.


Image
Jessa Mar'Niell wrote:

Jessa wanders slowly into the dining hall, obviously still very tired. She goes through the line barely conscious and takes her breakfast to a table, completely oblivious of anyone else.

Putting sugar and cream into a cup of coffee with a lavish hand, she halfheartedly murmurs a hello to the demon-looking girl and the boy sitting with her a couple of seats away. Age and Ginni

Jessa's attention is mainly on her coffee and she is clearly still not entirely awake or aware of who is around her.

Ginni raised an eyebrow.

::You know her?:: she asked Ace telepathically. ::Or should we introduce ourselves. Maybe after she's had some of that coffee and can distinguish faces...::


Female Kitsune Sorcerer/Magus
Keme Tokala wrote:
"I recommend the fried fish," she heard right over her shoulder. "With the miso soup. I don't care who says that sweet stuff for breakfast is a good idea, I still can't get used to it, and I've been here for a year now," Keme said with a cheeky grin, dodging if necessary. He knew the perils of startling a fellow kitsune, "I was waiting for you."

Alys jumps and lets out a tiny yelp of surprise, the sense of safety at Avalon having lulled her into letting her guard down almost completely. She scowls at him and swats at him with her tray, missing narrowly as her face turns bright red.

After scowling at him for an appropriate time, she nods, then gestures from her throat to the kitchen staff, a pleading expression on her face.


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:
"Not for the day, as such. But we got invited to a party this evening. You remember that guy, Dave, that we met at dinner? It's his birthday party. And there was this other guy, Tybalt, who I think is in charge of throwing the party. They're "not a couple", " she said, making air quotes, "except that I totally felt like a third wheel hanging out with the two of them. Anyways, they were nice enough. Oh, and that Tybalt guy is some kind of catwalk, also the Champion of Mercy. So, you know, more of the gang as it were. How about you? You meet any interesting new people last night? Or have any fun plans for today?"

"Ooh, party. Fun. It's been a while. Unless you count the time I was a gift at one. But I wouldn't call that so much an invitation. More like slave trade. But I mean, I'm not bitter. They didn't ask for me. And none of their three were stupid, at least."

He shrugs and tries his coffee before smirking and pouring a generous amount of maple syrup in the cup, stirring it with a motion of his finger.

"Cat people. Cool. Glad to get to know another one on the team. I guess that's who Dave was tackling people over during the Balance thing. I guess Champions are kinda drawn to each other, huh? Ephebe and... Why do I wanna say Crayfish? Anyway, they're married. Cat and Bird are having a bromance and we hang out. Anyone else I should know about?"

He shakes his head on being asked about his night. "I just went back to my room and started catching up on work. Social skills kinda stagnate when bottled, so I haven't really talked to many people outside of you. I don't seem to have a room mate either. There's a second bed, but I've never seen it unmade. Maybe he's a ghost."


Nala Zamarosok wrote:
Nala groaned and rolled out of the cot she'd been laying on. She stumbled out and grabbed the nearest staff member she saw. "I need an energy containment field prepped to go around the room Phaezeriel is in. We have some time, but not all day. Also, get me an energy drink. I don't care what. No rest for the wicked," she added, rubbing her hands over her eyes, trying to manage awake.

The orderly she grabbed nods at Nala, "You got it, lady-boss. Shield for the scary-boss, and energy for the lady-boss."

He returns a few minutes later with something glowing a light blue and bubbling softly, "Here ya go, lady-boss. The tech-bosses say they are warming up the containment. Seems like there is already the circuitry for it, they just have to warm it up since it hasn't been used yet."


Female shantak Dread 1,
space saver:
size- large within school bounds, huge outside. Oozes slime. Knowlage on a shantak is very hard to come by- they are poorly known.

viskra is out on the grounds, nearly off school grounds. She looks around, ruffling her feathers, and once she's certain no-one is around, she closes her eyes and starts to sing. her usual "nails on chalkboard" voice fades away, into softspoken singing, with an echo akin to a small chior.

lyrics, in case the link fails:

"Ever on and on, I continue circling
With nothing but my hate in a carosel of agony.
till slowly i forget and my heart starts vanishing and suddenly i see that i can't break free.
I'm slipping through the cracks of a dark eternity with nothing but my pain and the pralyzing agony to tell me who i am, who i was, uncertanty enveloping my mind till i can't break free, and
Maybe it's a dream, maybe nothing else is real, but it wouldn't mean a thing, if i told you how i feel.
So I'm tierd of all the pain, of the misery inside and i wish thst i could live feeling nothing but the night.
You can tell me what to say, you can tell me where to go, but i doubt that i would care, and my heart would never know.
If i make another move, they'll be no more turning back, because everything will change, and it all will fade to black.

Will tomorrow ever come, will i make it through the night?
Will there ever be a place for the broken in the light?
Am I hurting? Am i sad? Should i stay or should i go? I've forgotten how to tell, did i ever even know?
Can i take another step? I've done everything i can, all the people that i see, i will never understand.
If i find a way to change, if i step into the light, then i'll never be the same, and it all will fade to white?

Ever on and on, I continue circling
With nothing but my hate in a carosel of agony.
till slowly i forget and my heart starts vanishing and suddenly i see that i can't break free.
I'm slipping through the cracks of a dark eternity with nothing but my pain and the pralyzing agony to tell me who i am, who i was, uncertanty enveloping my mind till i can't break free, and
Maybe it's a dream, maybe nothing else is real, but it wouldn't mean a thing, if i told you how i feel.
So I'm tierd of all the pain, of the misery inside and i wish thst i could live feeling nothing but the night.
You can tell me what to say, you can tell me where to go, but i doubt that i would care, and my heart would never know.
If i make another move, they'll be no more turning back, because everything will change, and it all will fade to black.

If i make another move, if i take another step, then it all will fall apart, they'll be nothing of me left.
If I'm crying in the wind, if I'm crying in the night, will there ever be a way, will my heart return to white?
Can you tell me who you are, can you tell me where i am?
I've forgotten how to see, I've forgotten if i can.
If i opened up my eyes, they'll be no more going back,
Cause' I'd throw it all away, and it all would fade to black."


male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Adon Derro wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Adon Derro wrote:


adon tilts his head.
"So, wait. Your town has issues with stuff like that?"
adon keeps as streight of a face as he can manage.
Sadie shrugged. "Yeah. They're not just against magic, they're militantly against magic. A long time ago, like sometime way back in history, a mage ran amok and imprisoned a bunch of people as his slaves. There was an uprising of some kind and the survivors decided to build a society with no magic. We're the descendants of those people. Strictly speaking what my brother and I can do isn't magic. That's why your anti magic has trouble getting rid of my forcefields. It's not even the same substance as magic. But my town doesn't really differentiate about where powers come from. If it looks like magic, it's banned. What they did to me, well...it hurt. I won't lie. It was hard. But it was fair. Exile was a reasonable response. No powers in their community. I didn't like it, but I respected it and their right to enforce the laws. What they did to my brother....what they did to my parents for trying to protect him....That's unforgivable. They crossed a line, one that should never have been crossed. You don't get to do that and still call yourself good people afterwards," she said, practically growling at the end as she tried to control her anger.
aeon falls silent for a while, unsure of what to say.
"Sorry. It's too much. Yeah, sorry. I...haven't talked about it a lot," she said, trying to force herself to calm down.

"No, no... you're fine. Don't worry about it."


Male Human-Reaper/obitu Death Mage 11/oracle 1/grim reaper 10
Vriskra the shantak wrote:

viskra is out on the grounds, nearly off school grounds. She looks around, ruffling her feathers, and once she's certain no-one is around, she closes her eyes and starts to sing. her usual "nails on chalkboard" voice fades away, into soft-spoken singing, with an echo akin to a small choir.

** spoiler omitted **...

Grim had been boredly wandering around when he hears singing in Alklo, it takes a little while but he decides to try to sing along..... Grim is not nearly as good a singer as her. Not by a long shot.


Image
Alys Himuro wrote:
Keme Tokala wrote:
"I recommend the fried fish," she heard right over her shoulder. "With the miso soup. I don't care who says that sweet stuff for breakfast is a good idea, I still can't get used to it, and I've been here for a year now," Keme said with a cheeky grin, dodging if necessary. He knew the perils of startling a fellow kitsune, "I was waiting for you."

Alys jumps and lets out a tiny yelp of surprise, the sense of safety at Avalon having lulled her into letting her guard down almost completely. She scowls at him and swats at him with her tray, missing narrowly as her face turns bright red.

After scowling at him for an appropriate time, she nods, then gestures from her throat to the kitchen staff, a pleading expression on her face.

"Yeah, sure, no problem. I thought you might want an interpreter." He helps her place her breakfast order, writing it all out on a card as he said it.

Once they had their food and had sat down, he handed her the card. "Here. I wrote it, not you, so it shouldn't be affected by your problem. You can just show them the card in the mornings from now on and they'll know what you want. That gives you one meal a day that you don't have to worry about."


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:
"Not for the day, as such. But we got invited to a party this evening. You remember that guy, Dave, that we met at dinner? It's his birthday party. And there was this other guy, Tybalt, who I think is in charge of throwing the party. They're "not a couple", " she said, making air quotes, "except that I totally felt like a third wheel hanging out with the two of them. Anyways, they were nice enough. Oh, and that Tybalt guy is some kind of catwalk, also the Champion of Mercy. So, you know, more of the gang as it were. How about you? You meet any interesting new people last night? Or have any fun plans for today?"

"Ooh, party. Fun. It's been a while. Unless you count the time I was a gift at one. But I wouldn't call that so much an invitation. More like slave trade. But I mean, I'm not bitter. They didn't ask for me. And none of their three were stupid, at least."

He shrugs and tries his coffee before smirking and pouring a generous amount of maple syrup in the cup, stirring it with a motion of his finger.

"Cat people. Cool. Glad to get to know another one on the team. I guess that's who Dave was tackling people over during the Balance thing. I guess Champions are kinda drawn to each other, huh? Ephebe and... Why do I wanna say Crayfish? Anyway, they're married. Cat and Bird are having a bromance and we hang out. Anyone else I should know about?"

He shakes his head on being asked about his night. "I just went back to my room and started catching up on work. Social skills kinda stagnate when bottled, so I haven't really talked to many people outside of you. I don't seem to have a room mate either. There's a second bed, but I've never seen it unmade. Maybe he's a ghost."

"You know, I never even considered that before, that Champions would be drawn to each other. I should have. I feel kinda dumb now. Oh, and his name is Krays. He's the one who's a kobold most of the time. Er, let's see. There's Asch and Amada. They're a thing. Darkness and Love. But they've been off world since I got back so I haven't seen them. Oh, man, if she sees Serrin before someone tells her what happened this is gonna be rough Umm....Jim Rivets, Enre, they were friends with Ephebe. I haven't seen either of them since I got back either. Oh, and there's Keme. He's annoying and....doesn't have a Champion aura anymore..." she said as she spotted Keme sitting across the cafeteria. "I'm starting to feel so out of the loop." She shrugged. "So there's probably others. My information is kinda out of date. Ironically enough."

"Sometimes it takes a while to get a roommate. I wouldn't worry too much about it. You're still ahead of me. I haven't got a room yet. Nothing says I've got my life together like still staying with mom and dad," she said, rolling her eyes. "What I really need to do is go clothes shopping. Pretty much everything I have is from three years ago and is the rejects from what Ephebe didn't want. At least that would be a step in the right direction."


Image
Lurch the Narrator wrote:
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
Nala groaned and rolled out of the cot she'd been laying on. She stumbled out and grabbed the nearest staff member she saw. "I need an energy containment field prepped to go around the room Phaezeriel is in. We have some time, but not all day. Also, get me an energy drink. I don't care what. No rest for the wicked," she added, rubbing her hands over her eyes, trying to manage awake.

The orderly she grabbed nods at Nala, "You got it, lady-boss. Shield for the scary-boss, and energy for the lady-boss."

He returns a few minutes later with something glowing a light blue and bubbling softly, "Here ya go, lady-boss. The tech-bosses say they are warming up the containment. Seems like there is already the circuitry for it, they just have to warm it up since it hasn't been used yet."

"Oh, thank goodness. Something went right for once," she said, relieved as she takes a sip of the highly suspect drink. "I'll go tell Vai what's going on. Hopefully I can convince her to vacate the room, at least temporarily."


Female Kitsune Sorcerer/Magus
Keme Tokala wrote:

"Yeah, sure, no problem. I thought you might want an interpreter." He helps her place her breakfast order, writing it all out on a card as he said it.

Once they had their food and had sat down, he handed her the card. "Here. I wrote it, not you, so it shouldn't be affected by your problem. You can just show them the card in the mornings from now on and they'll know what you want. That gives you one meal a day that you don't have to worry about."

She accepts the card gratefully, giving him a quick hug before pulling the proper public decorum back over herself. After a few bites, she pulls out her ever-present writing pad and writes for a moment, only having to scribble out one strange grouping of lines. Agreed: much better than sweet.


Image
Adon Derro wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Adon Derro wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Adon Derro wrote:


adon tilts his head.
"So, wait. Your town has issues with stuff like that?"
adon keeps as streight of a face as he can manage.
Sadie shrugged. "Yeah. They're not just against magic, they're militantly against magic. A long time ago, like sometime way back in history, a mage ran amok and imprisoned a bunch of people as his slaves. There was an uprising of some kind and the survivors decided to build a society with no magic. We're the descendants of those people. Strictly speaking what my brother and I can do isn't magic. That's why your anti magic has trouble getting rid of my forcefields. It's not even the same substance as magic. But my town doesn't really differentiate about where powers come from. If it looks like magic, it's banned. What they did to me, well...it hurt. I won't lie. It was hard. But it was fair. Exile was a reasonable response. No powers in their community. I didn't like it, but I respected it and their right to enforce the laws. What they did to my brother....what they did to my parents for trying to protect him....That's unforgivable. They crossed a line, one that should never have been crossed. You don't get to do that and still call yourself good people afterwards," she said, practically growling at the end as she tried to control her anger.
aeon falls silent for a while, unsure of what to say.
"Sorry. It's too much. Yeah, sorry. I...haven't talked about it a lot," she said, trying to force herself to calm down.
"No, no... you're fine. Don't worry about it."

"Thanks. Sorry again. I just...Dara's the only family I have left, so I'm pretty protective of him. It's hard when people don't understand why he's so weird."


Image
Alys Himuro wrote:
Keme Tokala wrote:

"Yeah, sure, no problem. I thought you might want an interpreter." He helps her place her breakfast order, writing it all out on a card as he said it.

Once they had their food and had sat down, he handed her the card. "Here. I wrote it, not you, so it shouldn't be affected by your problem. You can just show them the card in the mornings from now on and they'll know what you want. That gives you one meal a day that you don't have to worry about."

She accepts the card gratefully, giving him a quick hug before pulling the proper public decorum back over herself. After a few bites, she pulls out her ever-present writing pad and writes for a moment, only having to scribble out one strange grouping of lines. Agreed: much better than sweet.

"If there's one thing they do well here, it's food," he said, pleased that he'd been able to do something to make her happy. "They've got something for everyone. But sometimes the tastes of home are better than anything else. Kitty has a work-study class in the kitchens so she's a good person to ask for recommendations if you're not sure. Er....I have introduced you to Kitty haven't I? I can't remember. Maybe not. She's been having a rough time lately, so she hasn't been spending a lot of time around people."


Nala Zamarosok wrote:
"Oh, thank goodness. Something went right for once," she said, relieved as she takes a sip of the highly suspect drink. "I'll go tell Vai what's going on. Hopefully I can convince her to vacate the room, at least temporarily."

If the feeling of a bright morning after a solid night's rest and a brisk, invigorating shower had a smell, that would be the one coming off the glowing beverage. A few moments after Nala's first sip, she can feel her fatigue fading and her mind clearing. A couple more sips and by the time she gets to the iso-room, she is feeling good enough, almost, to start humming to herself.

Nala:
The 'energy drink' is quite obviously a potion. Aside for giving her the benefit of a full eight hours of rest in a single cup, it will turn the richness of all the colors and sounds up to about 11.5, and a euphoric feeling will take just a little off the edge of her fear of contact with other people. The side effects will last for about 6-ish hours...

Inside the iso-room, there is a barely audible hum coming from the cocoon. It must have built by the most minuscule steps for Vai to have not noticed it yet.


Image
Lurch the Narrator wrote:
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
"Oh, thank goodness. Something went right for once," she said, relieved as she takes a sip of the highly suspect drink. "I'll go tell Vai what's going on. Hopefully I can convince her to vacate the room, at least temporarily."

If the feeling of a bright morning after a solid night's rest and a brisk, invigorating shower had a smell, that would be the one coming off the glowing beverage. A few moments after Nala's first sip, she can feel her fatigue fading and her mind clearing. A couple more sips and by the time she gets to the iso-room, she is feeling good enough, almost, to start humming to herself.

** spoiler omitted **

Inside the iso-room, there is a barely audible hum coming from the cocoon. It must have built by the most minuscule steps for Vai to have not noticed it yet.

Feeling better than she had in days, almost cheerful even, Nala went in to the room and shook Vai slightly where she was still asleep on a cot, having finally passed out from exhaustion after hours of standing watch over the cocooned Phaezeriel. "Vai? It's time to wake up. We're going to need you to leave the room for a while. I'm not sure exactly how long. There's a large energy buildup and we need to put up safety shields. Probably part of his transformation. I can section off a part of the waiting room for you with a view screen so you can see what's happening. But you can't stay here."


Female shantak Dread 1,
space saver:
size- large within school bounds, huge outside. Oozes slime. Knowlage on a shantak is very hard to come by- they are poorly known.
Grim Jr. wrote:
Vriskra the shantak wrote:

viskra is out on the grounds, nearly off school grounds. She looks around, ruffling her feathers, and once she's certain no-one is around, she closes her eyes and starts to sing. her usual "nails on chalkboard" voice fades away, into soft-spoken singing, with an echo akin to a small choir.

** spoiler omitted **...

Grim had been boredly wandering around when he hears singing in Alklo, it takes a little while but he decides to try to sing along..... Grim is not nearly as good a singer as her. Not by a long shot.

[I] viskra's eyes snap open, and she whirls around when grim starts singing. [I]

"I uh, when did you get there?"


male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Adon Derro wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Adon Derro wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Adon Derro wrote:


adon tilts his head.
"So, wait. Your town has issues with stuff like that?"
adon keeps as streight of a face as he can manage.
Sadie shrugged. "Yeah. They're not just against magic, they're militantly against magic. A long time ago, like sometime way back in history, a mage ran amok and imprisoned a bunch of people as his slaves. There was an uprising of some kind and the survivors decided to build a society with no magic. We're the descendants of those people. Strictly speaking what my brother and I can do isn't magic. That's why your anti magic has trouble getting rid of my forcefields. It's not even the same substance as magic. But my town doesn't really differentiate about where powers come from. If it looks like magic, it's banned. What they did to me, well...it hurt. I won't lie. It was hard. But it was fair. Exile was a reasonable response. No powers in their community. I didn't like it, but I respected it and their right to enforce the laws. What they did to my brother....what they did to my parents for trying to protect him....That's unforgivable. They crossed a line, one that should never have been crossed. You don't get to do that and still call yourself good people afterwards," she said, practically growling at the end as she tried to control her anger.
aeon falls silent for a while, unsure of what to say.
"Sorry. It's too much. Yeah, sorry. I...haven't talked about it a lot," she said, trying to force herself to calm down.
"No, no... you're fine. Don't worry about it."
"Thanks. Sorry again. I just...Dara's the only family I have left, so I'm pretty protective of him. It's hard when people don't understand why he's so weird."

"It was... good to know."


Male Human-Reaper/obitu Death Mage 11/oracle 1/grim reaper 10

"uh not long ago. I was mostly bored... should I not have sung? I'm sorry if that was rude" he looks embarrassed.

76,351 to 76,400 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1523 | 1524 | 1525 | 1526 | 1527 | 1528 | 1529 | 1530 | 1531 | 1532 | 1533 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.