The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


72,751 to 72,800 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1451 | 1452 | 1453 | 1454 | 1455 | 1456 | 1457 | 1458 | 1459 | 1460 | 1461 | next > last >>

Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16

"Oh, just start anywhere. Those are the nastier versions of me I think. The ones that cracked under the pressure. At the moment they're the physical manifestation of Kronos's divided nature," she said, keeping her Casters trained on two of the other versions of her who were still circling, wary. As they should be.


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

"We can put everyone through the scanner after and make sure. If there's anything still stuck go you, that can tell us what it is and we can figure out how to get it off. The isolab is where I left Wing Girl and Cu- I mean Tryko'Sam..."

He trips on the name a bit.

The orange glob in his pocket makes a bubbly noise no one else undersrands, but has the canter and length of someone laughing.


"From what I know, that's a pretty tame reaction. Last time he did stuff like this I felt like I was dying and being reborn at the same time. Not fun." Lysander watches each of the other Times carefully, seeing possible options flit before his eyes like ethereal shards.


Male Half-Elf

"I think it should work, and I know one way to find out." Michael says as he puts it on without hesitance. "Lie to me. If I don't forget you, it prevents mind stuff."


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave bites at his lower lip before saying "uh, I didn't think about contaminants, usually being on fire is enough to not think about disease, and I'm immune to curses and poison, but given that if there is anything it'd be from hell... Uh maybe I shouldn't have teleported around?"


Figment Narrator 20
Vickory West wrote:

Vickory snickers at Lim's response.

"Gee, if only he had feet. Guess it'll have be the hard way. So, rude rainbow, think you can follow a few arrows, or do you need instructions?"

the "rainbow dude" looks like he is about to attack the angle/demon boy either verbally or physically, when the female begins speaking he pauses and slowly asks "do I just place my wing on the wall or is there more to the magics?"


Reapling (scout form) rogue, black blooded oracle, gestalt lvl 16

"A gentle caress is enough, but since that is likely beyond you, a firm touch will work too. Then ask the wall where you want to go." Vickory said obviously amused.


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

"Even elementals can get specific diseases. Granted, significantly fewer because the bacteria themselves are elementals of a different type, but the same energy type. So, it's a rather small pool that can infect any given elemental, but they... still... have..."

He trails off as he realizes he's probably boring people.

"But anyways, yes, you may have been a carrier, but also maybe not. I wasn't in there for too long, and nothing was really going down yet, so I didn't get anything, as I went through decontamination two, well, one and a half times and nothing showed up. Let's just hope you're not. That would... complicate. Still, remember everyone you had contact with since you left the room, vicinity is important, but physical contact is more so."

Sooner or later they arrive at the decon room. Kevin will hold the outer door closed while everyone gets decontaminated and scanned.

Forgot to mention he would've tossed a dose of impact foam over the hole in the wall to keep anything that might've been in there from getting out. At least until the school can close the gap.


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist

"Everywhere it is, then."

He revs up his top left arm as electric sparks build up and skitter across his arm, before he throws an arc of lightning from his palm, connecting with one of the oncoming echoes. As the arc flies from his palm, he is siphoned off into the arc, becoming the bolt of electricity. The arc flies through several of them, up to 8, shocking and flying back out of each, before the arc of lighting lands amidst the largest knot of them. He reincorporates there with peal of Thunder and lightning surrounding him in a twenty foot circle, shocking and bludgeoning all of the echoes in the circle.

Move action, charge up. Swift action, quickened chain lightning blast with ride the wave. standard action, thunderstorm cyclone. Each subject of the chain takes a little less damage, electric. All of them in the Cyclone take about equal damage, half of his normal 8d8+18 damage, Reflex for half damage in cyclone and a Fort save versus deafened. I don't want to make this about numbers, but this is to give an approximation of what's going on.


Tryko'Sam wrote:

Isolab X

Tryko'Sam wrote:

After a while of 'engaging' with Rena, and not really making any sort of progress, (so to speak), Tryko'Sam eventually seems to get bored/curious of his surroundings.

He'll attempt to move away from Rena, and explore the confines of the Isolab's borders. Depending on whether or not she restrains him, and how, is key.

Eventually, having explored the four walls and floor of the Isolab, Tryko'Sam crawl/walks over to one of the walls, sniffs it, sniffs the floor, sniffs himself and then looks off as if nothing interesting is going on. His gaze lingers on the walls for a duration, a mindless blank look, unfocused on the wall itself.

A moment later, a portal opens up in front of him yawning wide enough for him to crawl/walk through. It simply shuts behind him as soon as he passes through. Hints of forest and blue skies are briefly seen before he's gone.

The timing of the portal is nearly instant, as if following an instinctual desire to simply move elsewhere, and resulting in such happening, there's little warning before he's gone.

Rena stands somewhat stunned, staring at the now empty air which Tryko'Sam disappeared into, mouth slightly agape at how quickly it had happened.

The silence and stillness in the room is finally interrupted as Rena swears loudly and rushes to the exit. The door hisses open and she's off down the hallway. Vare was too busy to help... but who else was there? Asha couldn't help, could she? What about one of the other staff?


Vare grimaces as he steps into the hallway with Jeran's assistance. "Pardon me for my behavior... but it is not every day one meets an Empyreal Lord, and I fear I may have been.. ah... star-struck."

He didn't mention how much it worried him that a being such as that was getting personally involved in events at the school.

"Agreed, we ought to hurry and check on Tryko'Sam as quickly as possible. Shall we?"


Female Halfling Teenager
Keme Tokala wrote:
Keme grimaced. "Like it's a terrible idea, but may be the only way we'll ever cath this guy. But picking the right bait is tricky. He or she or it or whatever has very specific criteria for victims. Always female. Always with either a boyfriend or in the one case very close male friend. The victims are fed a mental image of the boyfrend killing them. The killer is able to completely psychically erase himself from their minds. And I suspect the killer is hunting within a particular...

Illithia looks down at herself and grins. "Female, check." then back up at Keme, her grin widening ever so slightly. "Boyfriend, I can fake that no problem, just point me at the right people, I can mingle and fit in. Well, probably." There's a subtle but noticeable shift in the pigment of her tattoos, which have been flickering between the embarassed pink and a neutral black colour. A bit of dark yellow is creeping in.

Illithia flops once again so that she's laying down watching the ceiling. "How's this dude getting past the wards? Do we know? Shouldn't they trigger as soon as he tries to hurt someone?"


Male Gnome
Tamrin - Gunslinger of Tomorrow wrote:
Repp, the Bleached wrote:
Repp glances around at his current sensory blank confinement. "I suppose I'm all ears," he says with a small smirk, clearly enjoying his own joke.

"Alright. You're an observant fellow, you like learning about the new and different, and your past has honed your ability to pick 'bad apples' out of a barrel."

"I've got a bunch of refugees from the Empire about to touch down in Kuros, and I'd really like to be sure we don't have any troublemakers in their midst."

"How would you like do a spot of detective work for me, and get some new cultural experiences under your belt while you're doing it?"

Repp seems to consider for a moment, before nodding. "Meeting new people is among my favourite things to do, and if I've understood correctly, these refugees would not even be from Agartha!"

"Now that sounds like a fun afternoon." he finishes with a smile. "I will do it, though I think I should probably know a little more about their situation, as I imagine it is somewhat delicate."


Female Firebird
Lucas Svarog wrote:

Lucas pauses before slowly following and after a minute projects to her in a softer mental voice ::whatever it is, I just want to help, I'm your brother and it's my job to'protect you I can't do that if you won't tell me what has you so scared... If you're sure you just need space for now.... I'll give you some... Just promise you'll eat something, and I'll check in on you after next class...ok?::

sorry I thought I had already posted... I'm pretty sure this post is quite different from the original, but it fits

Lily doesn't respond for a long moment, prefering instead to lose herself in flight, flapping hard to gain altitude. ::Ok, fine.:: she returns, petulant even now.

Now a good deal higher than the school, Lily spreads her wings and turns to face the wind, soaring through the sky as her mind wanders.


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Repp, the Bleached wrote:
Repp seems to consider for a moment, before nodding. "Meeting new people is among my favourite things to do, and if I've understood correctly, these refugees would not even be from Agartha!"

"You understand correctly sir."

Repp, the Bleached wrote:
"Now that sounds like a fun afternoon." he finishes with a smile. "I will do it, though I think I should probably know a little more about their situation, as I imagine it is somewhat delicate."

"Done."

Tamrin gets up from his station and heads for the door.

"I'll be back in a few minutes guys."

Repp is now standing outside the lab. Before he can really do anything about that, the door whisks open and (presumably) the elf he was talking with strides out. As soon as he speaks again Repp's notion is confirmed.

"Walk with me, and I'll brief you on the way."

While he definitely looks like he has the ability to cover long distances with those legs, he is actually moving at a pace respectful of Repp's own gait.


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

Passes Tamrin and Repp in the hall, and nods with respect as he passes.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.
Kevin Ramos wrote:

"Even elementals can get specific diseases. Granted, significantly fewer because the bacteria themselves are elementals of a different type, but the same energy type. So, it's a rather small pool that can infect any given elemental, but they... still... have..."

He trails off as he realizes he's probably boring people.

"But anyways, yes, you may have been a carrier, but also maybe not. I wasn't in there for too long, and nothing was really going down yet, so I didn't get anything, as I went through decontamination two, well, one and a half times and nothing showed up. Let's just hope you're not. That would... complicate. Still, remember everyone you had contact with since you left the room, vicinity is important, but physical contact is more so."

Sooner or later they arrive at the decon room. Kevin will hold the outer door closed while everyone gets decontaminated and scanned.

Forgot to mention he would've tossed a dose of impact foam over the hole in the wall to keep anything that might've been in there from getting out. At least until the school can close the gap.

"seriously? That's weird, just imagining tiny elementals making other elementals sick is just a very strange mental picture to say the least"... And that's going to be difficult as I didn't recognize some of the people in the hall as I went by, though I did recolonize at least most of the people in the infirmary"

Vare, the Summoner wrote:

Vare grimaces as he steps into the hallway with Jeran's assistance. "Pardon me for my behavior... but it is not every day one meets an Empyreal Lord, and I fear I may have been.. ah... star-struck."

He didn't mention how much it worried him that a being such as that was getting personally involved in events at the school.

"Agreed, we ought to hurry and check on Tryko'Sam as quickly as possible. Shall we?"

"I've been told that that kind of thing is almost to be expected around here, still it is rather astounding" Dave nods to the teacher "so where is the decontamination place- ah there, thanks Kev."


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Ghalen Kiln wrote:
Passes Tamrin and Repp in the hall, and nods with respect as he passes.

Tamrin nods back, then stops a few steps later.

"Mr. Kiln - if you're up for a little 'team exercise' with some Imperial refugees, then you'll need to change course and come with us..."

He then pulls out his datapad and starts typing whilst resuming his walk (and conversation) with Repp.

"Alright...these people are newly-released captives from an Imperial facility of some kind. Since those places tend to be run by dragons with seriously-scrambled moral compasses, I can only guess that they're not in the best way right now. They're going to be hungry, probably not in the best health and most likely pretty scared about being someplace they don't recognize. We need to take care of these people and get them back on their feet."

"The main question I have is whether or not any of these people actually shouldn't be mingling with the rest. A hunt for bad apples, basically. The Empire's done that sort of thing before, and I have to assume that they'll continue to do so."

"I need keen perceptions paired with a healthy dose of empathy to figure out who is who. Questions?"


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

He doesn't quite stammer...umm...but he does hesitate a second, and then fall in step behind Tamrin. As he explains the situation...he nods.

"I will observe and report, sir."


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16

Meanwhile back in the lab, a young timelord works on a device to same two worlds.

Mel had practically isolated herself, mentally at least, form most everyone else. The work area looked a mess, papers all over covered in strange symbols and outrageous mathematical formula and computations.

the device in her hand looks nearly complete. a green pineapple shaped object with a big red button on top.

a few more blasts from her sonic device she holds it up admiring her work.

done! my very first reality bomb, well, maybe not, I may have made one before, or maybe I will be making one in the future, hard to tell sometimes. Anyway, all you have to do is hit this red button, I like red buttons, makes figuring out how things work so much easier.

she starts pacing around the lab, If my calculations are correct, once this button is pressed then a wave of Z-neutrino power will be unleashed and should, by theory, disrupt, actually canceling out the electrical field holding atoms together and was capable of wiping out the entire universe and all of creation, except for those within or near the Crucible core of the device itself.

She stops by Arthur holding the device out for him to examine, well? what do you think? if activated in the void between the two universes, it should force close both sides and once again isolating each universe in its own timeline.


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Ghalen Kiln wrote:

He doesn't quite stammer...umm...but he does hesitate a second, and then fall in step behind Tamrin. As he explains the situation...he nods.

"I will observe and report, sir."

"Good. Ghalen Kiln, Repp. and vice-versa," Tamrin says quickly, introducing the two to each other without much preamble.

"Repp - Ghalen is an Imperial citizen himself, though one acclimating to life here at Avalon (and our way of doing things). He will be an excellent source for getting 'primed' on basic knowledge on the Empire."

"Ghalen - Repp is possessed of an exceptionally keen sense of...intent. He's going to be our 'barometer' for bad behavior."

"Hopefully this will just be a bit of humanitarian aid. If it isn't, I need to know immediately. Any other questions?"


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

"Technically, we are all citizens of the Empire. Some of us just happen to disagree with the current course of the Empire. I hate to use the word dissident, here...finding myself one as well. Anyway, nice to meet you Repp. I would be happy to inform you of the atrocious history of the Dragon Empire, a grand dream allowed to die."

To his comment on Repp's sense of intent...

"Fascinating. That will come in most handy."


Male Aasimar (Muse-Touched)

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

I´m guessing that´s not high enough...


Female Image Firebird Image Wizard(Shadowcaster, Shadow subschool)13/Sorcerer(Shadow Bloodline)8/Shadowcraft Mage 5(gestalt)

The two swarms of shadow bats coalesce into two identical girls, though the one in the lunch line is slightly hazy and indistinct. It loads up on food fit for a firebird and proceeds to walk towards its twin.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 Reflex

Who is at least partially caught in a conflagration from Ignace. Serrin throws up a protective bubble of darkness, trying to ward off the flames.


Image

Okay, so this is not as bad for the firebirds....potentially very, very awkward, but not necessarily bad. Jacob on the other hand....ummm.....sorry? DC 18 saves for half damage.

Fire filled the hallway, but not ordinary fire. This explosion originated in the belly of a volcano located in the heart of the Plane of Fire. The fire wasn't just hot, but also sticky, full of droplets of lava.
Fire damage: 20d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 3, 2, 3, 1, 6, 1, 5, 5, 2, 2, 4, 2, 5, 3, 3, 1, 4, 3) = 65
Ignace crumpled to the ground, and as she lost consciousness the fire disappeared as if it had never been there.


Image
Melody Waverider wrote:

Meanwhile back in the lab, a young timelord works on a device to same two worlds.

Mel had practically isolated herself, mentally at least, form most everyone else. The work area looked a mess, papers all over covered in strange symbols and outrageous mathematical formula and computations.

the device in her hand looks nearly complete. a green pineapple shaped object with a big red button on top.

a few more blasts from her sonic device she holds it up admiring her work.

done! my very first reality bomb, well, maybe not, I may have made one before, or maybe I will be making one in the future, hard to tell sometimes. Anyway, all you have to do is hit this red button, I like red buttons, makes figuring out how things work so much easier.

she starts pacing around the lab, If my calculations are correct, once this button is pressed then a wave of Z-neutrino power will be unleashed and should, by theory, disrupt, actually canceling out the electrical field holding atoms together and was capable of wiping out the entire universe and all of creation, except for those within or near the Crucible core of the device itself.

She stops by Arthur holding the device out for him to examine, well? what do you think? if activated in the void between the two universes, it should force close both sides and once again isolating each universe in its own timeline.

"And when you're done with that, you can both examine this protective suit to make sure that everything matches up to specs," Aananda said, bringing the life support systems online for testing.


Image
Illithia wrote:
Keme Tokala wrote:
Keme grimaced. "Like it's a terrible idea, but may be the only way we'll ever cath this guy. But picking the right bait is tricky. He or she or it or whatever has very specific criteria for victims. Always female. Always with either a boyfriend or in the one case very close male friend. The victims are fed a mental image of the boyfrend killing them. The killer is able to completely psychically erase himself from their minds. And I suspect the killer is hunting within a particular...

Illithia looks down at herself and grins. "Female, check." then back up at Keme, her grin widening ever so slightly. "Boyfriend, I can fake that no problem, just point me at the right people, I can mingle and fit in. Well, probably." There's a subtle but noticeable shift in the pigment of her tattoos, which have been flickering between the embarassed pink and a neutral black colour. A bit of dark yellow is creeping in.

Illithia flops once again so that she's laying down watching the ceiling. "How's this dude getting past the wards? Do we know? Shouldn't they trigger as soon as he tries to hurt someone?"

"The first attack happened during the attack on the school when the wards were down. The second two....we don't know how he does it exactly, but somehow he lured the second victim off of school grounds. She didn't even remember walking into the woods. We can't ask the third victim, but she was also found off school grounds, so I'm assuming that the killer was somehow able to lure her outside the wards as well. Whoever or whatever he is, he's careful not to commit violence inside the wards. And we can't maintain a constant watch outside the wards. I asked. Security systems are still recovering from the attack."

"...Are you sure you're okay with this? You seemed....uncomfortable? I'm sorry, I haven't quite figured out what yellow means...."


Jasper Ashti wrote:

"Everywhere it is, then."

He revs up his top left arm as electric sparks build up and skitter across his arm, before he throws an arc of lightning from his palm, connecting with one of the oncoming echoes. As the arc flies from his palm, he is siphoned off into the arc, becoming the bolt of electricity. The arc flies through several of them, up to 8, shocking and flying back out of each, before the arc of lighting lands amidst the largest knot of them. He reincorporates there with peal of Thunder and lightning surrounding him in a twenty foot circle, shocking and bludgeoning all of the echoes in the circle.

Move action, charge up. Swift action, quickened chain lightning blast with ride the wave. standard action, thunderstorm cyclone. Each subject of the chain takes a little less damage, electric. All of them in the Cyclone take about equal damage, half of his normal 8d8+18 damage, Reflex for half damage in cyclone and a Fort save versus deafened. I don't want to make this about numbers, but this is to give an approximation of what's going on.

No problem. I'm gonna be cinematic with this battle cause there is no way in hell I am statting up that many Ephebes....especially since each one is slightly different than the others. And they have different levels depending on when they died. I am absolutely fudging everything. :)

Only a couple of the attackers were actually hit by the lightning. They seemed exceptionally good at dodging. And at least one of them had puffed into mist and resolidified. But one of the ones who was hit is in particularly bad shape.

Given hald a second to regroup, spell bullets flew through the air, most of them aimed at Jasper.
You've got a fair few Harms and the like headed your way. I very much doubt that many would hit him. I leave that to your discretion.

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator
Melody Waverider wrote:

Meanwhile back in the lab, a young timelord works on a device to same two worlds.

Mel had practically isolated herself, mentally at least, form most everyone else. The work area looked a mess, papers all over covered in strange symbols and outrageous mathematical formula and computations.

the device in her hand looks nearly complete. a green pineapple shaped object with a big red button on top.

a few more blasts from her sonic device she holds it up admiring her work.

done! my very first reality bomb, well, maybe not, I may have made one before, or maybe I will be making one in the future, hard to tell sometimes. Anyway, all you have to do is hit this red button, I like red buttons, makes figuring out how things work so much easier.

she starts pacing around the lab, If my calculations are correct, once this button is pressed then a wave of Z-neutrino power will be unleashed and should, by theory, disrupt, actually canceling out the electrical field holding atoms together and was capable of wiping out the entire universe and all of creation, except for those within or near the Crucible core of the device itself.

She stops by Arthur holding the device out for him to examine, well? what do you think? if activated in the void between the two universes, it should force close both sides and once again isolating each universe in its own timeline.

"Just to be clear you're using you in the general/plural form not the singular/specific? Because I was under the assumption you would be the one to push the Big Red Button... carry the two,... take that to the i root, account for mass irregularities at point 7 and 13... Seems to check out from a quick once over"

Aanandareavekki wrote:


"And when you're done with that, you can both examine this protective suit to make sure that everything matches up to specs," Aananda said, bringing the life support systems online for testing.

"wait what? I thought I was working on that" he says presenting his work in progress, one with considerably more projected power draw, and metal plaiting. Resembling more a set of armor than a hazmat suit. It doesn't look quite complete, however.


Image
Arthur Barren wrote:


Aanandareavekki wrote:


"And when you're done with that, you can both examine this protective suit to make sure that everything matches up to specs," Aananda said, bringing the life support systems online for testing.
"wait what? I thought I was working on that" he said presenting his work in progress, one with considerably more projected power draw, and metal plating. Resembling more a set of armor than a hazmat suit. It doesn't look quite complete however.

"You are," she said, indicating a screen near her workstation that was streaming his data. "Once I was finished fabricating the parts for the reality bomb, I needed to start in on the parts for the suit. Obviously. I made modifications as necessary. Refinements mostly. I've done a lot of work with batteries. So I upgraded your design a bit on power flow. Also, you need to learn to avoid metal in designs unless absolutely necessary. It's an extremely rare resource on Agartha. Becoming less so, but there's only so fast we can get mined elements from the asteroid belt. I was going to have to replace all that with carbon fiber anyways, so I thought a little flexibility wouldn't hurt. Oh, don't worry! I made sure that it still meets all of your specs. It just doesn't look quite how you were thinking. It's not done of course, since you haven't finished your design, but it's mostly there. There's just some tinkering left to do with the shielding and life support systems."

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

"Oh, I thought you said you could synthesize whatever material we needed, so I did most of my work in mithril... hmm carbon fiber would retain the light weight I was going for, and it would mostly fix the issues I was having with it being too conductive and only sacrifice a small portion of the strength maybe a few high strength ceramics in places like the forarm and back... glad I already decided against adamanite... yeah the shield, I was trying to make it as strong as possible, but the current kinetic barrier design kept collapsing under the simulations Hermes ran, I considered a magnetic force field which would prove to be more stable but would just let too much in with little resistance... huh... your life suport systems are significantly better, I just sealed it to be air tight, and included a couple small tanks and a filter we could just take your life support system in it's entirety and replace the hasty bit of work I did... is that a system to restart the heart in emergencies? ingenious... do you mind if I copy this for later...assuming there is a later?"


Male Aasimar (Muse-Touched)

In the infirmary, a horribly charred figure, about the size of a boy, arrives. His shallow breath confirms that he is alive, but all of his hair and clothes have been burned off. A strange, abyssal rune is pulsing on his forehead...


Image
Arthur Barren wrote:
"Oh, I thought you said you could synthesize whatever material we needed, so I did most of my work in mithril... hmm carbon fiber would retain the light weight I was going for, and it would mostly fix the issues I was having with it being too conductive and only sacrifice a small portion of the strength maybe a few high strength ceramics in places like the forarm and back... glad I already decided against adamanite... yeah the shield, I was trying to make it as strong as possible, but the current kinetic barrier design kept collapsing under the simulations Hermes ran, I considered a magnetic force field which would prove to be more stable but would just let too much in with little resistance... huh... your life suport systems are significantly better, I just sealed it to be air tight, and included a couple small tanks and a filter we could just take your life support system in it's entirety and replace the hasty bit of work I did... is that a system to restart the heart in emergencies? ingenious... do you mind if I copy this for later...assuming there is a later?"

"After a fashion. It's all being synthesized out of carbon atoms. So I just copy the properties for most things. But ceramic reinforcement I can do. And of course you can copy the design for the life support system. About the shield...have you tried a design that incorporates both a kinetic barrier and a magnetic force field? I think that would probably solve the problem. Don't worry too much about bulk. Whatever you come up with, I can find a way to shrink it down. Miniaturization is my specialty," she said, as she programmed the nanite tank to produce the ceramic parts to add to the suit.


Jacob Forgehand wrote:
In the infirmary, a horribly charred figure, about the size of a boy, arrives. His shallow breath confirms that he is alive, but all of his hair and clothes have been burned off. A strange, abyssal rune is pulsing on his forehead...

"We need healing magic here, stat! Start the stabilization program!"

If he were conscious Jacob would here people running around grabbing equipment. Jacob's charred body was covered in cooling foam before he was hit with a Cure Serious Wounds spell.

"I think he's still going to need nanite treatments for his skin. What happened? It looks like someone dipped this kid in a volcano!"


Male Human (presumably) Psion 16 Metamind 10 / Wilder 16 Elocator 10

Mighty Ones, save me from teenage girls!

Not letting his exasperation show, Professor Nix defies the rules of null-psi fields, catching the collapsing Raelle in a telekinetic field, and settles her back on the treatment bed. The strain of forcing psionics through the damping field shows as he breaks a sheen of perspiration on his forehead as he places a gentle calming effect over the too-raw emotions of Tamina, trying to blunt her hysteria, "Tamina, Ginni is in the best possible hands for the injury she sustained. If there is even the smallest possible chance that she can be helped, Phaezeriel will not rest until she is set right. I reacted poorly to what seemed like interference with my patient. I was not aware that you had medical experience."


Male Aasimar (Muse-Touched)

¨Uuugh...¨ Jacob murmurs, before his eyes snap wide open.

¨NononnononononononoNO!¨ Jacob exclaims. His eyes turning to a pure, deep blue, he says frantically, ¨I need somebody to, uh, what´s the word... lock me down planarly! This is important!¨

Countdown: 8 rounds left.

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

my god what a wall of text
Arthur returns to his work with a frenzy while responding to her "hmm that could work... Not one generator but two and place a series of capacitors for when a larger surge is needed, ooh can double as protection against unexpected power surges- oh but why stop there, perhaps as many as four, one mounted on each palm, for when it is needed to actively react to a specific danger and allow for active manipulation of the field... or perhaps on just the one palm, free up the other for something else- either way one front facing generator with a direct line to the arc reactor, mount the magnetic repulsion field emiter behind the shoulder blades, include systems to allow the field to act as a secondary maneuvering propulsion system, when finished with modifications give to you to miniaturize otherwise much too bulky- much much to bulky- it is good that your specialty is in miniturization, mum was also skilled in that area, she designed and built robots that in turn built smaller robots who in turn built ones smaller than them, she has many a cautionary tale about dangers of that mindset, best to not demand your creations obey you on the grounds that you created them, dad he always preferred to accomplish tasks with as much force as possible, never build a weapon that has to be fired twice he said, me I like to have an excess of power that I might not need, after I have the power supply I build systems to use that supply right sorry- rambling- pointless. No! Not pointless, remembered something! You said that metal was scarce hereyes? The power supply design I was planning on using is an arc reactor akin to the one in my torso, it requires paladium, preferably an alloy of paladium with trace amounts of vibradium and/or mithril, as pure as possible, in fact much of the circuitry and the superconducting electromagnets require paladium, are we going to have enough or are we going to need to find a new power source.. None of the designs I have finished for power sources are at this time would provide enough stable power and would be capable of being housed in a small enough unit for our needs, I have a couple half finished completely untested prototypes designs but they were nothing more than a passing thought until very recently," at the end of this speech his eyes look wild and while he is still working he clutches at his head with one hand as though lightly pained there. Nonetheless he turns to melody "melody! How feasible would siphoning off the energies of the event, either primary or secondary and storing them, if possible we could eliminate the need to carry in a reaction mass by siphoning the energy of the envirions, no need to store any H-3, in addition With an efficient enough siphoning apparatus we could potentially build a fleet of drones to harvest the energy of the hole, maybe use that energy to put the hole in a bubble buy us time, maybe stop the event in it's entirety by starving it of it's connection to the paradoxil element, after all there is no whirlpool of you put a dam across the river, and once the whirlpool stops raging you can move the rocks that create it- no wait, better, we could harness the power, Haha!"
seriously, puts Mordain Solus, Vaarsuvius and Agatha Clay to shame, feel free to inturupt at any time, if you inturupt at all it's be preferable that you do so after he asks for paladium


N/A Male voice Robot Ninja10/Machinesmith 1

Hermes looks from Melody, then to the suit, then back to Melody and then back to the suit. You can practically see the gears turning in his head, or rather the processing lights blinking.

"Sir, if I may interject, I believed there is a factor you may have overlooked."


Image

Aananda set down her tools and walked over to Arthur, putting a hand gently on his shoulder.
"Those are interesting ideas," she said in a soothing voice, "but we don't have the time to properly develop them for safe use and we need to get this suit finished now for Melody's sake. If you look at the schematics again you'll see that I changed the power system completely. I told you, I'm good at batteries. Your reactors are really good, but what metal I had was blown up with my lab. It wasn't recoverable. So I used an alternative system. So for now let's just focus on one design at a time. Melody needs shields to protect her inside the rift. A dual action magnetic forcefield/ kinetic barrier. Can you handle this or do I need to transfer you to a different project?"

Hermes:
Hermes gets a telepathic communication from Aananda while she is talking to Arthur.
::Hermes, in the filing cabinet next to the monitor over there...third drawer down. There's a sedative in there. Very safe. I need you to get it out and prepare to use it on Arthur if I can't talk him down. So he doesn't hurt himself. And let's keep him away from the plasma cutters for a while, okay?::


Image (doesn't have wings)
Michael Dacamara wrote:
"I think it should work, and I know one way to find out." Michael says as he puts it on without hesitance. "Lie to me. If I don't forget you, it prevents mind stuff."

Kitty winced. She was terrified to even try what she thought of as the nuclear option. What if the hat didn't work? What if he forgot her? She took deep breaths trying to fight down the panic.

"Okay," she said hoarsely. "Ummm......I am totally comfortable with this test, and the thought of you forgetting me doesn't cause panic attacks. Because I totally miss being invisble all the time."


Image
Vare, the Summoner wrote:

Vare grimaces as he steps into the hallway with Jeran's assistance. "Pardon me for my behavior... but it is not every day one meets an Empyreal Lord, and I fear I may have been.. ah... star-struck."

He didn't mention how much it worried him that a being such as that was getting personally involved in events at the school.

"Agreed, we ought to hurry and check on Tryko'Sam as quickly as possible. Shall we?"

"Yeah. I have someone I need to check on besides Tryko'Sam. It's....complicated. The sooner we get through decon the better. And a scan should let us know if we need to worry about contamination because of your teleporting, Dave. But I think that stuff spreads by touch, not by air, so we're probably safe."


Jacob Forgehand wrote:

¨Uuugh...¨ Jacob murmurs, before his eyes snap wide open.

¨NononnononononononoNO!¨ Jacob exclaims. His eyes turning to a pure, deep blue, he says frantically, ¨I need somebody to, uh, what´s the word... lock me down planarly! This is important!¨

Countdown: 8 rounds left.

"Anybody here able to cast dimensional anchor? Hey, Dzevezzin, you can cast that right?" the burly dwarf nurse called out.

"Yesszz, I can do that," the insectoid nurse hissed, annoyed. "But I waszz in the middle of...." he sighed when he realized that the doctor he had been attempting to consult had used this opportunity to escape. "Very well. It seems I have the time now."


Image Alternate Image - all dressed up.
Professor Nix wrote:

Mighty Ones, save me from teenage girls!

Not letting his exasperation show, Professor Nix defies the rules of null-psi fields, catching the collapsing Raelle in a telekinetic field, and settles her back on the treatment bed. The strain of forcing psionics through the damping field shows as he breaks a sheen of perspiration on his forehead as he places a gentle calming effect over the too-raw emotions of Tamina, trying to blunt her hysteria, "Tamina, Ginni is in the best possible hands for the injury she sustained. If there is even the smallest possible chance that she can be helped, Phaezeriel will not rest until she is set right. I reacted poorly to what seemed like interference with my patient. I was not aware that you had medical experience."

"I've been studying pharmacology seriously for two decades," she said, dully, trying to clean the tears off her face. "Although it's been a hobby for much longer. I work in the infirmary on a part time basis. They don't actually have a pharmacist on staff and had been outsourcing to the alchemy department. Which can get...surprising results at times." She sniffled. "I apologize for my unprofessional behavior, Professor. It has been a bad day. I knew that becoming friends with humans would mean having to say goodbye to them too soon, but I didn't expect to lose so many so soon. And not knowing if I'll ever see my best friend again....I probably should not be working right now anyways," she finished miserably.


Female Timelady Nerd 3/Geek 2/Whovian 13/Writer 2

Lyn, did Dzevezzin cast the anchor yet? Just want to make sure before I post...


The Doomkitten wrote:
Lyn, did Dzevezzin cast the anchor yet? Just want to make sure before I post...

Yes, sorry. I left it off to go look up the casting time to make sure it wasn't longer than a standard action and got distracted. Oops.


Male Aasimar (Muse-Touched)

Jacob seems to calm for a moment when the green light washes over him, but only for a second. The red pulsing light of the abyssal rune starts to eat up the light.

¨Ah! Aaa. Okay, okay.... you have, um, wait, uh... two minutes? I think? To either get me in a place where a big nasty monster can´t get out or to evacuate the infirmary.¨

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator
HRMS-XI "Hermes" wrote:

Hermes looks from Melody, then to the suit, then back to Melody and then back to the suit. You can practically see the gears turning in his head, or rather the processing lights blinking.

"Sir, if I may interject, I believed there is a factor you may have overlooked."

"impossibl- no not impossible. Merely improbable, did I make a math error? Hmm no though I could run those numbers with more significant digits... And melody you appear to have accounted for cosmic background radiation twice throwing off your figures for the rate of expansion by a factor of aproximantly 0.0112 percent"

Aanandareavekki wrote:

Aananda set down her tools and walked over to Arthur, putting a hand gently on his shoulder.

"Those are interesting ideas," she said in a soothing voice, "but we don't have the time to properly develop them for safe use and we need to get this suit finished now for Melody's sake. If you look at the schematics again you'll see that I changed the power system completely. I told you, I'm good at batteries. Your reactors are really good, but what metal I had was blown up with my lab. It wasn't recoverable. So I used an alternative system. So for now let's just focus on one design at a time. Melody needs shields to protect her inside the rift. A dual action magnetic forcefield/ kinetic barrier. Can you handle this or do I need to transfer you to a different project?"

** spoiler omitted **

arthur makes a noise partway between a groan and a growl "but I need the paladium for those too, for a proper superconducting electromagnet one of those three materials is required and paladium would most likely be the cheapest and easiest to get ahold of" he begins pacing "the magnets are used for plasma containment in the power source, for steady arc fusion reaction of H3, and in providing an efficient and powerful magnetic barrier, or the magnetic grappler I was planning on the gauntlet"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
N/A Male voice Robot Ninja10/Machinesmith 1

Hermes replies both to Aananda via a radio channel he knows Arthur doesn't monitor and verbally to Arthur at the same time.

Aananda:
"Sedatives are unlikely to be effective, as Sir has nanomachines in his bloodstream. Magical or electrical disruptions are more likely to work."
May not need to knock him out, if this has the affect I think it may. XD

"Sir, the factor you have overlooked is not chemical or technological. It is biological. All of your previous iterations of environment suits have been made for yourself, and of course me, as my measurements are adjustable to yours. The factor you have overlooked is human dimorphism. You have not included space for Ms. Waverider's... my reading has yielded numerous words for this... Would 'Rack' be socially appropriate?"

He indicates the flat chest of the suit's design. His positioning to indicate said places him next to the desk.


Jacob Forgehand wrote:

Jacob seems to calm for a moment when the green light washes over him, but only for a second. The red pulsing light of the abyssal rune starts to eat up the light.

¨Ah! Aaa. Okay, okay.... you have, um, wait, uh... two minutes? I think? To either get me in a place where a big nasty monster can´t get out or to evacuate the infirmary.¨

Dzevezzin sighed. "Ah. Another case of transformation difficulty. Very well, I will have you tranzzferred to the white room and kept under obzzervation. You will be released when you are no longer a danger to yourzzelf and others," he said in a bored tone, hitting keys on the datapad as he entered Jacob's case information with one set of hands while prepping Jacob's bed for transfer with the other set. "Do you have any questionzz?"


Image
HRMS-XI "Hermes" wrote:

Hermes replies both to Aananda via a radio channel he knows Arthur doesn't monitor and verbally to Arthur at the same time.

** spoiler omitted **

"Sir, the factor you have overlooked is not chemical or technological. It is biological. All of your previous iterations of environment suits have been made for yourself, and of course me, as my measurements are adjustable to yours. The factor you have overlooked is human dimorphism. You have not included space for Ms. Waverider's... my reading has yielded numerous words for this... Would 'Rack' be socially appropriate?"

He indicates the flat chest of the suit's design. His positioning to indicate said places him next to the desk.

Hermes:
::It isn't a chemical sedative. It's a magical sedative. But we may not need it. If reminding him about boobs doesn't short-circuit his brain, I don't know what will. Still, stand by, just in case. And seriously, don't let him touch the plasma cutter. It ends badly. Trust me.::
72,751 to 72,800 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1451 | 1452 | 1453 | 1454 | 1455 | 1456 | 1457 | 1458 | 1459 | 1460 | 1461 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.