The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


73,001 to 73,050 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1456 | 1457 | 1458 | 1459 | 1460 | 1461 | 1462 | 1463 | 1464 | 1465 | 1466 | next > last >>

Image
"Ace" wrote:
Ace flashes an evil grin, and his eyes glow red momentarily "A trap, to catch the guy who murdered my girlfriend, as well as killed another friend, along with all of the innocent animals she cared for? This sounds like an amazingly spectacular idea" The tone in Ace's is considerably more grim.

"Spectacular isn't always a good thing," Keme cautioned. "Speeder crashes are spectacles too. But as long as we all understand that, and can come up with better plans that just hoping that this work out in our favor, then it could be our best chance," he said, not able to keep the bitterness out of his voice at the thought of his former patron.


Image
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
Jiminy opened a cabinet with some difficulty as there were piles of paper in the way of the doors and pulled out a data pad, handing it to Fei. "You can put the data on that. It's not connected to any network, so there's no risk. But it might be a good idea to keep a copy of it yourself too just in case."

"Very well," Fei replies, accepting the datapad with another small bow. The device whirs to life as the connection is established and data begins to be copied over.

Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
"Hmm." He ran his hand through his hair as he considered the power issues. "Yeah, I can build more power storage units out here no problem. It would be a big help in getting more facilities built honestly.... Say, Fei, you're a ki user right? That's how your stuff works? And you don't have any problems with airsickness or anything?" he said, eyes lighting up as an idea filtered through his tired brain.

The young monk looks at him quizzically.

"...Many of my abilities are tied to my ki, yes, though my energy issues appear (thus far) to be separate from it. I also have had no issues with airsickness that I can recall. I do not fly very often, but it causes me no discomfort if that is what you are referring to."

"Why do you ask?"

Jiminy grinned. "Are you familiar with my prototype planetary defense units? Mithros and Jeran have been test piloting them. I'm ready to expand the program, but the interface require ki users....or two people which didn't go well in testing, so we're sticking with ki users for now. I could modify a unit for you...it wouldn't need as much power storage capacity since you can generate power as you go.....that would leave room for some....interesting modifications," he said, idly grabbing a piece of paper and starting to sketch designs on it.


Image
Djalos Tyon wrote:

Djalos nods. "Indeed." Pausing for a moment, he asks tentatively, "How do you deal with... this? It's so distracting. Right now I'm feeling anger, some sort of relief, gladness, happiness... it's reducing my efficiency? How do people deal with emotions?"

She snorted. "Efficiency isn't everything. But mostly we have practice. We feel emotions all the time from infancy on. We develop coping mechanisms. You're getting hit with several years emotion at once it sounds like. So you should plan on it taking more time for quite a while before you get the hang of it."


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

"The only real issue I see is guaranteeing our murderer takes the bait. As long as we can make sure he/she/it shows up and does his thing, I will do mine, and make sure he's taken care of, once and for all"


Image
Melody Waverider wrote:
Aanandareavekki wrote:
"Dammit! Melody? Can you hear me, Melody? Please respond," Aananda said over the radio, as she frantically tried to find some way to track the young girl inside the rift.

Aananda only recieves static for a bit as she frantically works the controls. but soon there is the familiar sound of Mel's sonic device heard over the speakers.

soon a visual starts to come into view. it is a bit hazy but it is definitely Mel.

can you hear me? I made some adjustments to the communications, the interior of the rift was not as we expected. there are changing energy patterns here that threw off the calculations. I compensated for it for now, but I think the changes get more drastic the further I go.

Oh yeah, Arthur, this suit is AWESOME! Thank's so much, remind me to buy you dinner when I get back. maybe even some desert.

(of course to Arthur's embarrassment Mel forgot that she was broadcasting to everyone in the room)

Anyway, there is definitely an object in here. I need to be sure it will not be a problem. any advice?

"Be careful, and don't go so far in that you can't get out again. And stay in radio contact. Are the shields on your suit showing any sign of growing stress as you get farther in? And please tell me you put up some kind of beacon at the entrance so you don't get lost..."


Image
"Ace" wrote:
"The only real issue I see is guaranteeing our murderer takes the bait. As long as we can make sure he/she/it shows up and does his thing, I will do mine, and make sure he's taken care of, once and for all"

"Remember that this creature has a habit of not just influencing people but making them experience events that are totally different from what's actually happening. What's your strategy for not getting caught in a mental trap while the murderer does their thing? That's got to be the first order or business here. Can't rescue Illithia here if we just end up getting whammied ourselves."


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Ace taps the side of his head "I'm immune to those kinds of magicks. Which is why I'll be accompanying her, disguised and hidden of course."


Male Elf Slayer 16

Djalos nods. "Yes. I... I suppose it makes sense. It's just strange, dealing with all of this after it being locked away for so long."

If Nanami Has a Good Sense Motive:

Djalos is referring to something else other than his emotions.

Djalos then turns to Nanami and says, "Guilt is one of the emotions I haven't had in a long, long time. The first one they took away, really. I... I want to make up for all that I've done. That's not possible. I can't make up for it, I know that. Good and bad can't cancel each other out, they are independent. But I want to do some good now. I've heard talk of murders in the cafeteria-including that of your sister. Is there any way I can help? I am experienced in making it seem like somebody or something else has done the deed, and as such, I have developed some psychological profiling skills."

Djalos' voice remains, as usual, completely emotionless, almost robotic... but it does crack a little at the mention of "done the deed."

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

"Beacon beacon beacon, I knew I was forgetting something, did either of you make or grab one?"


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave growls and draws forth his champion abilities and teleports across the vast distance of space to the spot where the power fades away "who dare take from me"!


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
Jiminy grinned. "Are you familiar with my prototype planetary defense units? Mithros and Jeran have been test piloting them. I'm ready to expand the program, but the interface require ki users....or two people which didn't go well in testing, so we're sticking with ki users for now. I could modify a unit for you...it wouldn't need as much power storage capacity since you can generate power as you go.....that would leave room for some....interesting modifications," he said, idly grabbing a piece of paper and starting to sketch designs on it.

He ponders for a moment.

"I recall encountering a large humanoid construct with Professor Vare when plague carrier was...apprehended. Is that what you are referring to?"


Image
"Ace" wrote:
Ace taps the side of his head "I'm immune to those kinds of magicks. Which is why I'll be accompanying her, disguised and hidden of course."

"And your back up plan if this guy has some way to work around your immunity? He did get Ginni after all, and she's kind of a master of that whole mind magic thing. I just want to make sure that we have a solid plan so that there's no chance of this monster getting away this time. We'll only have this one chance to set a trap for him."


Image
Djalos Tyon wrote:

Djalos nods. "Yes. I... I suppose it makes sense. It's just strange, dealing with all of this after it being locked away for so long."

** spoiler omitted **

Djalos then turns to Nanami and says, "Guilt is one of the emotions I haven't had in a long, long time. The first one they took away, really. I... I want to make up for all that I've done. That's not possible. I can't make up for it, I know that. Good and bad can't cancel each other out, they are independent. But I want to do some good now. I've heard talk of murders in the cafeteria-including that of your sister. Is there any way I can help? I am experienced in making it seem like somebody or something else has done the deed, and as such, I have developed some psychological profiling skills."

Djalos' voice remains, as usual, completely emotionless, almost robotic... but it does crack a little at the mention of "done the deed."

*Long string of expletives in eastern regional dialect*

"You," she said, pointing at Belyu. "Supervise the rest of the class. You help," she ordered Djalos. "I need to have some words with the headmaster."


Image
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
Jiminy grinned. "Are you familiar with my prototype planetary defense units? Mithros and Jeran have been test piloting them. I'm ready to expand the program, but the interface require ki users....or two people which didn't go well in testing, so we're sticking with ki users for now. I could modify a unit for you...it wouldn't need as much power storage capacity since you can generate power as you go.....that would leave room for some....interesting modifications," he said, idly grabbing a piece of paper and starting to sketch designs on it.

He ponders for a moment.

"I recall encountering a large humanoid construct with Professor Vare when plague carrier was...apprehended. Is that what you are referring to?"

"Yeah, that's exactly what I'm referring to. The units can operate both in and out of atmosphere which provides the necessary flexibility for effective defense, and they are small and maneuverable compared to other spacecraft making them difficult to track and counter. But we're gonna need a lot more than two of them if the Empire ever finds this world. I'm trying to make sure we're prepared for that eventuality," he said, continuing to draw. If Fei glances at any of the other piles, he might notice that most of the invoices and order sheets are covered with sketches as well. This mountain of paper is less about business and more about research and development.


David.De'Foul wrote:
Dave growls and draws forth his champion abilities and teleports across the vast distance of space to the spot where the power fades away "who dare take from me"!

"And what will you do to them if I tell you?" the young woman asked seeing a golden opportunity in the Champion of Pride's anger.

She looked like Ephebe Blackscales, but younger, her long hair pulled back in a ponytail and her petite body looking even smaller in the oversized boys clothing she was wearing.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

"Put a stop to it. No one takes from me or mine. I don't care how I do it." He says, still running partially on instinct and rage, but part of the fog around his mind clears to process this newcomer "whatever this energy drain is, it's hurting Tybalt. You might know him as the champion of Mercy... you look like someone I've seen before... Not quite though..."


David.De'Foul wrote:
"Put a stop to it. No one takes from me or mine. I don't care how I do it." He says, still running partially on instinct and rage, but part of the fog around his mind clears to process this newcomer "whatever this energy drain is, it's hurting Tybalt. You might know him as the champion of Mercy... you look like someone I've seen before... Not quite though..."

She shrugged. "There's a lot of me running around right now. Long story," she said, waving her hand dismissively. "But I can help you. I can take you to when they are right now. Since we both want the same thing. To put a stop to it," she said with a sweet, innocent, trust me sort of smile.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave raises his eyebrow just a fraction and says "well isn't that just convenient timing, I don't suppose you'll give me a quick briefing on what they're doing to the champion of mercy?"


Male Elf Slayer 16

Djalos nods and stands stock-still for a moment, then he surveys the class. The young elf then says, "I must admit, this whole course is a bit boring. Do you think we should shake it up?"


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16
Keme Tokala wrote:
"Ace" wrote:
Ace taps the side of his head "I'm immune to those kinds of magicks. Which is why I'll be accompanying her, disguised and hidden of course."
"And your back up plan if this guy has some way to work around your immunity? He did get Ginni after all, and she's kind of a master of that whole mind magic thing. I just want to make sure that we have a solid plan so that there's no chance of this monster getting away this time. We'll only have this one chance to set a trap for him."

Tyrrin introduced herself in returning when introductions are exchanged but otherwise remains a distinct observer in the conversation, with the exception of a very pointed look at Keme. A look which is very easy to read: We should talk.


Female Halfling Teenager
"Ace" wrote:
"The only real issue I see is guaranteeing our murderer takes the bait. As long as we can make sure he/she/it shows up and does his thing, I will do mine, and make sure he's taken care of, once and for all"

Illithia returns the handshake, though her hand is considerably smaller than Ace's given her stature.

Keme Tokala wrote:
I already told her she definitely doesn't have to do this," he said, putting his hands up to forestall the obvious arguments.

She just rolls her eyes and taps her feet, wanting the conversation to quickly skip past this.

As the conversation moves forward, Illithia's ink gently swirls in a muted purple in with the soft yellow colour. She's grinning just a little too much for the serious nature of the discussion.

"Y'know, part of him taking the bait means that I might need a boyfriend from your group of friends, since apparently they're picking on you guys or something. I'll let you guys worry about setting the trap, but I need a date if I'm going to be bait."


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Ace abruptly changes shape, becoming a male hafling with spiky neon green hair, "Will this do? Or do you prefer someone taller?" He quips.


Bradley Urquardht wrote:
The arrows lead her to the infirmary where Bradley is having a particularly rough time of things as his ability just won't seem to shut off and he is subjected to one disaster after another. In an attempt to stop the cycle, he has been put in an isolation room.

When Rena is told what is happening with Bradley she swears quietly, only serving to remind herself further of Tryko'Sam and her predicament. While her heart goes out to Bradley, she goes off to look for Asha instead, following the arrows again.


Male Gnome
Korren Blake wrote:

Will save DC 34: 1d20+14.

So, I put thoughts into italics.

Korren looks blankly at Repp for a few instants. When he speaks his voice is flat and without inflection, but there are faint sounds of electrical discharge crackling through it, "My name is Korren Blake." As you very well know. This ruse has gotten old.

Repp makes no outwards sign that he is able to read Korren's thoughts while he carries on with the routine he's developing.

In addition, he also does not seem even mildly perturbed by the odd and grotesque body that Korren is sporting.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mr. Blake. I've been assigned to help you get acquainted with Agartha. Once we're done with a psychological assessment we can begin to move you to a temporary living arrangement and then situate you more appropriately. I understand this is all sudden and confusing, but I'm here to answer any questions you may have." He's all business, upfront, forthcoming, and earnest in both body language, and in speech.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Teenager
"Ace" wrote:
Ace abruptly changes shape, becoming a male hafling with spiky neon green hair, "Will this do? Or do you prefer someone taller?" He quips.

"Pfft, it'll be hard to explain fitting into you guys and your friends if I'm nailing someone who doesn't fit either. Besides, I thought you had a girlfriend?" Illithia smarms right back at Ace, still grinning a little too much as muted colours of purple and yellow swirl through her tattoos.

"Besides, green hair is totally blegh." she says, and proceeds to stick her tongue out.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
"Yeah, that's exactly what I'm referring to. The units can operate both in and out of atmosphere which provides the necessary flexibility for effective defense, and they are small and maneuverable compared to other spacecraft making them difficult to track and counter. But we're gonna need a lot more than two of them if the Empire ever finds this world. I'm trying to make sure we're prepared for that eventuality," he said, continuing to draw. If Fei glances at any of the other piles, he might notice that most of the invoices and order sheets are covered with sketches as well. This mountain of paper is less about business and more about research and development.

The young monk does take note of the content of the piles before responding.

"Given my propensity for destroying things in my immediate vicinity, I am unsure how I could be considered a...sound investment...in such a device. The only material that has been able to weather my destructive energies is this..." he says as he holds up the nanosuit-covered hand holding the datapad (which chimes to indicate the data transfer has completed). He stops and looks rather thoughtfully at both for a few seconds, then tilts his head slightly.

"...Hmm."


Male Tauric Halfling/Sword Spider
Repp, the Bleached wrote:

Repp makes no outwards sign that he is able to read Korren's thoughts while he carries on with the routine he's developing.

In addition, he also does not seem even mildly perturbed by the odd and grotesque body that Korren is sporting.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mr. Blake. I've been assigned to help you get acquainted with Agartha. Once we're done with a psychological assessment we can begin to move you to a temporary living arrangement and then situate you more appropriately. I understand this is all sudden and confusing, but I'm here to answer any questions you may have." He's all business, upfront, forthcoming, and earnest in both body language, and in speech.

Korren's face shows none of the bitter internal dialogue he is experiencing. I just bet you are going to acquaint me with this agartha. Then his mind processes the psychological assessment part of the statement and it flees, screaming, into the dark recesses that Repp's spell cannot reach.

Korren makes no reply, but waits passively as what little life there was in his eyes fades.


Male Mutant Kasathas Soulbolt 12/Marksman 12(gestalt)

Several minutes after Korren disembarks the ship, another prisoner joins the gathering. His large bald head is mostly dominated by his massive forehead, and his small eyes are almost, but not quite on the sides of his head.

While that is odd, what is truly strange is the four arms he possess. The arms themselves aren't so weird, but the fact that they look like frail, sickly twigs is.

He's also floating, about three inches off the ground.


Somewhere near the end of the group a beast walks out. Seems like a tiger, but with a crown of horn upon it's head, wings, and the tail is rather strange somehow. It has green and black fur, all fairly short, but strings of beads seem to have been attached in places. It is also wearing a vest and a scarf, each with unfamiliar metal patches (like logo patches).

It looks around calmly as it exits the ship.


male human monk 16

Lang tried his best to be more relaxed at the reception. but the constant barrage of dignitaries coming to him, all wanting some sort of favor, definitely was taking its toll on the young Avatar.

He kept looking for a way out.

finally seeing his chance, Lang sees the balcony overlooking the mountains was empty.

He glances to his friends and then looks to the balcony. he then heads outside.


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Ace chuckles at the halfling's antics "Fine, fine how about pink?" And the green spikes are replaced by a bright neon pink mohawk "Or maybe blue?" which then becomes electric blue dreads. "Also, I would totally be pretending to be your boyfriend. I'm quite the accomplished actor" He adds with mock flair.

"If none of those suit you, perhaps I can just be a loyal, yappy companion, frolicking at your heels, and Keme can be you date". Suddenly, the male halfling is gone, replaced by a small puppy, happily wagging its tail and barking.


Copper turns to the floating guy with four arms, "So, what do you think of our situation?"

That would be dixulri. Sounds like a genie of some sort to me.


David.De'Foul wrote:
Dave raises his eyebrow just a fraction and says "well isn't that just convenient timing, I don't suppose you'll give me a quick briefing on what they're doing to the champion of mercy?"

"The same thing they're doing to all of the champions. Well, almost all. They must have missed you somehow. They're pulling energy from them for a terrible ritual that will be the end of everything. It's vitally important that we stop them," she said earnestly.


Image
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
"Yeah, that's exactly what I'm referring to. The units can operate both in and out of atmosphere which provides the necessary flexibility for effective defense, and they are small and maneuverable compared to other spacecraft making them difficult to track and counter. But we're gonna need a lot more than two of them if the Empire ever finds this world. I'm trying to make sure we're prepared for that eventuality," he said, continuing to draw. If Fei glances at any of the other piles, he might notice that most of the invoices and order sheets are covered with sketches as well. This mountain of paper is less about business and more about research and development.

The young monk does take note of the content of the piles before responding.

"Given my propensity for destroying things in my immediate vicinity, I am unsure how I could be considered a...sound investment...in such a device. The only material that has been able to weather my destructive energies is this..." he says as he holds up the nanosuit-covered hand holding the datapad (which chimes to indicate the data transfer has completed). He stops and looks rather thoughtfully at both for a few seconds, then tilts his head slightly.

"...Hmm."

"Exactly! It's the perfect interface material...easy to replicate. We can omit most of the batteries since you can generate your own power as you go...hmmm....yeah....I think we can put in some sort of hand cannon sort of thing....focus your destructive energies.....should let you bleed off charge pretty easily if necessary," he said, passing Fei a sketch of the proposed mech. "I mean, you were looking for ways to bleed off extra energy, right?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Image
"Ace" wrote:

Ace chuckles at the halfling's antics "Fine, fine how about pink?" And the green spikes are replaced by a bright neon pink mohawk "Or maybe blue?" which then becomes electric blue dreads. "Also, I would totally be pretending to be your boyfriend. I'm quite the accomplished actor" He adds with mock flair.

"If none of those suit you, perhaps I can just be a loyal, yappy companion, frolicking at your heels, and Keme can be you date". Suddenly, the male halfling is gone, replaced by a small puppy, happily wagging its tail and barking.

*facepalm*

"Someone just shoot me now."


Image

Nanami stalked through the halls to the headmaster's office, stopping on the way only to bow briefly to the secretary before pounding insistently at the door.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave looks to be filled with righteous furry "I can't let that happen! Why would they do that they live inside "everything" take me to them"
i had not intended Dave to be the easily duped minion but this is funny


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
"Exactly! It's the perfect interface material...easy to replicate. We can omit most of the batteries since you can generate your own power as you go...hmmm....yeah....I think we can put in some sort of hand cannon sort of thing....focus your destructive energies.....should let you bleed off charge pretty easily if necessary," he said, passing Fei a sketch of the proposed mech. "I mean, you were looking for ways to bleed off extra energy, right?"

"I want to harness my energies toward a constructive, positive purpose, James" Fei replies as he looks at the drawing. "But perhaps...it is too late...for that. It might ultimately be safer to just direct it at those who wish harm to this place..."

He closes his eyes for a moment, his head bowed.

"Very well. If you believe this can be done safely, I will try to help you."


Image
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
"Exactly! It's the perfect interface material...easy to replicate. We can omit most of the batteries since you can generate your own power as you go...hmmm....yeah....I think we can put in some sort of hand cannon sort of thing....focus your destructive energies.....should let you bleed off charge pretty easily if necessary," he said, passing Fei a sketch of the proposed mech. "I mean, you were looking for ways to bleed off extra energy, right?"

"I want to harness my energies toward a constructive, positive purpose, James" Fei replies as he looks at the drawing. "But perhaps...it is too late...for that. It might ultimately be safer to just direct it at those who wish harm to this place..."

He closes his eyes for a moment, his head bowed.

"Very well. If you believe this can be done safely, I will try to help you."

"If it helps, the cannon should be perfectly designed for breaking up asteroids for mining. Long-term constructive use. It's just that right now we also need to be prepared to defend this place. Just because something is useful for war doesn't mean it can't also have other uses during peacetime. I need you to know that this isn't just about fighting," Jiminy said seriously.


David.De'Foul wrote:

Dave looks to be filled with righteous furry "I can't let that happen! Why would they do that they live inside "everything" take me to them"

i had not intended Dave to be the easily duped minion but this is funny

She smiled. "Take my hand. This may feel a little disorienting for a moment," she said, waiting until he took her hand to pull him backwards through time. It felt a bit like getting turned inside out and put through a juicer before being reassembled, but then he was on solid ground again, in the same place but long ago and in the middle of a battle.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
"If it helps, the cannon should be perfectly designed for breaking up asteroids for mining. Long-term constructive use. It's just that right now we also need to be prepared to defend this place. Just because something is useful for war doesn't mean it can't also have other uses during peacetime. I need you to know that this isn't just about fighting," Jiminy said seriously.

Fei looks back up at James, his face back to its more normal, serene countenance. "It does help," he replies as he stands.

"What do we need to do, then?"


Image
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
"If it helps, the cannon should be perfectly designed for breaking up asteroids for mining. Long-term constructive use. It's just that right now we also need to be prepared to defend this place. Just because something is useful for war doesn't mean it can't also have other uses during peacetime. I need you to know that this isn't just about fighting," Jiminy said seriously.

Fei looks back up at James, his face back to its more normal, serene countenance. "It does help," he replies as he stands.

"What do we need to do, then?"

"I'll have the extra battery storage units ready by tomorrow, no problem. Building your mech will take a little longer. Should be ready by the end of the week. I think it's good to bring in new people in pairs if possible since that's how the patrol schedule will be organized. So I'm going to talk to Ghalen I think. There's some questions about where his loyalties lie, but he's a friend and I think that we can trust him. And if I'm wrong....well, if I'm wrong you're the person most likely to be able to neutralize him without hurting him. Unless you have some objection to working with him. I'm not going to force the issue if you do. Anyways, we have the basic training SIMs ready to go so if both of you are on board with the idea, we can have you start working through those this week and then you should be ready to train in your actual mech right about the time we're done building it. Presuming everything goes to plan, of course. Delays may be inevitable. But the extra power should help us speed up production considerably, so I'm hoping that will cancel out delays."

"And if you know of anyone else who might be a good fit for this program, let me know. I'd like to bring in at least two more teams in the next month if possible. The more pilots there are, the less pressure there is on any one individual."


Male Aasimar (Muse-Touched)

Heeeey! Anybody remember dis guy?

After familiarizing himself with the button, Jacob takes a period or two to take a breather and sort himself out. After that, he heads back to class... where, undoubtedly, he finds untold chaos.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:

"I'll have the extra battery storage units ready by tomorrow, no problem. Building your mech will take a little longer. Should be ready by the end of the week. I think it's good to bring in new people in pairs if possible since that's how the patrol schedule will be organized. So I'm going to talk to Ghalen I think. There's some questions about where his loyalties lie, but he's a friend and I think that we can trust him. And if I'm wrong....well, if I'm wrong you're the person most likely to be able to neutralize him without hurting him. Unless you have some objection to working with him. I'm not going to force the issue if you do. Anyways, we have the basic training SIMs ready to go so if both of you are on board with the idea, we can have you start working through those this week and then you should be ready to train in your actual mech right about the time we're done building it. Presuming everything goes to plan, of course. Delays may be inevitable. But the extra power should help us speed up production considerably, so I'm hoping that will cancel out delays."

"And if you know of anyone else who might be a good fit for this program, let me know. I'd like to bring in at least two more teams in the next month if possible. The more pilots there are, the less pressure there is on any one individual."

"My only experience with Ghalen was during the 'war' simulation, but he gave me no reason to question his comportment during that exercise. His military knowledge could be quite insightful." (^-^)

"Other than Jeran, I do not know any other ki users personally, but I will remain mindful of your suggestion. Your proposed regimen would indicate I will not be in the school very much in the future, though."


Male Boggle Goblin Tinker 20/Wizard 10 Bombardier 10

Somewhere in the school there is a Goblin,waiting for something to happen, a book of matches in one hand and a grenade in the other, "I wonder if I could develop some kind of launcher for these."


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

1d100 ⇒ 19 Dave clutches his head as the world spins and then turns inside out. upon arrival he tries to shout out a boast to the world but is cut off by frozen bile working it's way up his throat and onto the ground "uugh.... right job to do which one is doing the thing?"


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist

When Dave arrives on the battlefield, one of the larger and more troubling things is what appears to be a very large... Djinn? Maybe? Looks like a djinn, but they usually aren't that big and even less often do they have four arms. This particular fiend would have an aura identical to the one Johnny had before he dissappeared, had Dave been able to see it. The Djinn? isn't the only very large thing here. He's locked in a grappling contest with a slightly less large than him Blue Dragon.

"Is that almost done?! When the chimera said champion of Freedom, I thought I'd be saving people and busting jails, not wrestling dragons!"

His previously nice suit is in tatters and his bowtie hangs down on both sides. A hammer larger than any held weapon has reason to be is nearby on the ground.


A young half-elf is sitting alone near a trembling Ephebe, while Lysander, who Dave may have seen around school, is attacking the dragon that's being grappled by Jasper and fighting off... more Ephebes? Whatever was going on, he was holding his own with a high enough level of ferocity and speed it was scary. It was almost like he knew exactly where to be and when to strike before the attacks or openings presented themselves.

Anwar, on the other hand, was still busy focusing the bits of Balance back together, weaving and manipulating the strands so they, gradually, a form that was greater than the sum of its parts. "This is not easy, Champion of Freedom, but nearly over. Hold out just a little more.


David.De'Foul wrote:
1d100 Dave clutches his head as the world spins and then turns inside out. upon arrival he tries to shout out a boast to the world but is cut off by frozen bile working it's way up his throat and onto the ground "uugh.... right job to do which one is doing the thing?"

"You see right over there? The one of me who is kneeling, looks like she's not doing so well? And right near her, the boy putting things into the scales? Take out either one of them and you'll stop the ritual. Better yet, take out both. Ignore the rest of this insanity. Just focus on those two," she said with an encouraging smile. "I know you can do it," she added before stepping into the battle herself.

73,001 to 73,050 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1456 | 1457 | 1458 | 1459 | 1460 | 1461 | 1462 | 1463 | 1464 | 1465 | 1466 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.