The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


72,901 to 72,950 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1454 | 1455 | 1456 | 1457 | 1458 | 1459 | 1460 | 1461 | 1462 | 1463 | 1464 | next > last >>

Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

Tybs nods and moves another pawn up next to his previous one.

"If the robe's magic channels are gold thread, then obviously gold is the best option for the watch. And that's in no short supply. We could melt down coins or your feathers for that if we needed to."

He takes the edge of the robe to inspect it for a moment before his ears flick as they do sometimes when something occurs to him.

"Actually, if you're immune to fire do your feathers still melt if they get hot? And would they melt if they weren't attached to you any more? They'd probably still hammer out alright, but would they melt?"

He lets go of the edge of your robe, smoothing it out as he sets it down.

"Only the case and band for the watch need to be gold, really. That's where most of the magic would sync to. The inside would need to be steel because gold warps too easily to use in such small parts. Especially since you tend to, uh, do the woosh thing, ya know?"

He refers to your tendency to set yourself on fire, both times using the weird tone and expression he gets when talking about fire.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

"Bishop to g2," he says moveing the piece "I'm not sure the gold has a function other than aesthetics, drow silk is highly magically conductive...huh I'm not actually sure, they don't get damaged when they're on me, even though they're technically dead, like your hair, hmm if we used me as the material components my own innate magics might effect the result in difficult to predict ways, espically if they don't melt and we have to use cold forging techniques, I mean I've used my own body parts for potion components before though we don't have to worry too much it warping with heat or the cloth I think the magics count magic items I'm using as part of me, unless I loose control and get all explody, a bigger deal would be how I tend to go back and forth from one extreme temperature to another... I'm sorry for makeing you nervous with my tendancy to um "woosh""


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

As the ship descends, Ghalen takes note of Class, name, and registry. After the ship lands, and the refugees are given clearance to leave, Ghalen begins to section them off into groups, ordered by injury, and mental state. He will do so with precision, as if it's second nature.

"Repp, this group seems to be the most lucid. Perhaps you can start gathering information from them..."


M Advanced tengu 1/2 Black Dragon 16 Gestalt Alchemist/Witch
The yellow boxes wrote:
"something to do with internal magics like sorcerers and magical animals, either way, not important, but why can't you just fix whatever is wrong with my 'Chakras'"

"Didn't say I couldn't probably fix them. As it stands now, within the next day or two they will be properly aligned with this body. If that is what you want then we don't have to do anything. If not, then I need more information on your true form and the circumstances surrounding how you came to be this way."


Image

She sighed. She hadn't wanted to commit this to paper, but it was impossible to talk to the Headmaster these days. Too many emergencies. She sat down and wrote the note, which magically delivered itself to the Headmaster's desk.

Ryo:

Headmaster,
I wish I did not have to inform you of this, but there is a possibility that you may have to relieve me of my post in the near future. You already know the particulars of my past and the manner in which I have locked those things away. However, when I was assisting a student by the name of Treisdan Achdarach with a psychological problem (I was unfortunately unable to prevent him from splitting his psyche in two...this will no doubt come back to haunt us in future) the student discovered my name. He has not been free with it this far, thank goodness, but the knowledge being out there is enough to disturb the fragile balance. My powers are somewhat unstable and I have noticed that everything I have done recently has acquired a distinctly aquatic bent. This is unsurprisingly exacerbated by him trying to break free. The problem with dealing with dead gods is that they can't seem to grasp the concept that they are not in fact gods anymore. I would consult with someone to see if there was some way to regain control of this, but as it turns out there have not in the history of history been a great many accidental Deicides. The only ones I have been able to find reference to in the library decided to ascend completely, which is a very different situation than mine. If you know of some solution to my problem, I am happy to consider it. If not, well, I felt that it was my duty to warn you before I became another unforeseen problem.
Miss Jones


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7

Ephebe lay on the ground curled into a ball. Her whole body was on fire and she was freezing. Rewriting Time was not a comfortable process. But she was finally able to understand why Kronos appeared so different in the maze than anywhere else. She prayed that the ritual to resurrect Balance would be over soon, knowing that it would take forever too. She was unaware of the status of the battle raging on around her as other, failed versions of her attacked. They didn't understand. They couldn't understand. Andromeda only kind of understood and that was because they had shared a brain for months.


Image
Fei, of the Perfect Logic wrote:

"The other Vai has been...eliminated. I require the location of the temporal breach so the...remains...can be returned to where they belong and slow the breach's spread."

The emerald glow pulses more brightly as he speaks, then dims back down.

Besides the unusual deadpan tone, Aananda notes that Fei did not address her with the title he always uses with her. Since she took him on a a student he has never addressed her otherwise.

Aananda recognizes the aftereffects of trauma when she sees it. She wished she didn't. But that blank look of complete dissociation was so familiar and seeing it again was like a kick to the gut.

"No. Bring the remains here. I can shrink them down. Melody can send them through. You cannot safely approach the breach. She can. And she's already going there in order to shut down the breach. We are just finishing her protective suit. She'll be ready to go in a matter of minutes," she said, her voice calm and firm. There would be time for emotions later. Now she needed to keep it together, keep working. Save the world first. Cry later.


Image

Having gained medical clearance, Jeran went looking for the 'chosen one' and her protectors. He wasn't sure what had happened to Tryko'Sam, but he'd asked Kevin to try and track him down if possible. Or at least find someone else who could do it for him. And that would have to wait for a little while at least. He'd made promises and he couldn't abandon his responisbilties.
When he finally tracked her down, he found her in a wooded area on the grounds with Sil and Jaiye and some people from the fencing club. He blinked in surprise.
Jaiye caught his eye and grinned. "Sil was freaking out, and it sounded important so I asked Sadie to send some help. Didn't fancy fighting off demons on my own," she said with a shrug.

Sorry to be a bit heavy handed here, but figure it's worth it to get this back on track. If anyone wants to be present as members of the fencing club here, feel free. Not sure if there's any more to the story, but the day isn't over yet, so who knows what other attacks might occur. :)


Designation: Male Designation: Human Paragon [CLASSIFIED]
Aanandareavekki wrote:

Aananda recognizes the aftereffects of trauma when she sees it. She wished she didn't. But that blank look of complete dissociation was so familiar and seeing it again was like a kick to the gut.

"No. Bring the remains here. I can shrink them down. Melody can send them through. You cannot safely approach the breach. She can. And she's already going there in order to shut down the breach. We are just finishing her protective suit. She'll be ready to go in a matter of minutes," she said, her voice calm and firm. There would be time for emotions later. Now she needed to keep it together, keep working. Save the world first. Cry later.

In a smooth, almost too-mechanical motion, Fei steps up to Aananda (and out of reach of Arthur) as he pulls the cylinder from his back. The helmeted figure holds it out for her to take.

"My neural lace tells me that her remains are in a superfluidic state - this container will need to either accompany the remains to avoid their loss, or discharge them directly into the breach to avoid any further cross-contamination."


Image
Fei, of the Perfect Logic wrote:
Aanandareavekki wrote:

Aananda recognizes the aftereffects of trauma when she sees it. She wished she didn't. But that blank look of complete dissociation was so familiar and seeing it again was like a kick to the gut.

"No. Bring the remains here. I can shrink them down. Melody can send them through. You cannot safely approach the breach. She can. And she's already going there in order to shut down the breach. We are just finishing her protective suit. She'll be ready to go in a matter of minutes," she said, her voice calm and firm. There would be time for emotions later. Now she needed to keep it together, keep working. Save the world first. Cry later.

In a smooth, almost too-mechanical motion, Fei steps up to Aananda (and out of reach of Arthur) as he pulls the cylinder from his back. The helmeted figure holds it out for her to take.

"My neural lace tells me that her remains are in a superfluidic state - this container will need to either accompany the remains to avoid their loss, or discharge them directly into the breach to avoid any further cross-contamination."

"Well, this saves me some work," she said, trying to process that Fei had already taken care of transport. For the second time in her life she was faced with the body of an alternate dimension version of one of her children. It should have been easier. She was in a container. There was only one of her. But the memory of a room full of corpses of James made sure that there was nothing easy about this. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Melody, suit up," she said a little more sharply than she intended. "It's time."

"Fei...." she made sure she had his attention before continuing. "When this hits you....when you start feeling again....Remember that you're not alone. We're here for you. And we do understand what you're going through. I've been here before. DIfferent child, same pain. Just remember that we are here to help you."

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

Arthur looks up from where he moves closer to the suit "ready now? but we haven't tested it? I would prefer to get some more palladium or mithril or niobium-titanium or niobium-tin or Vanadium-gallium for the magnetic barrier, hold on, Hermes, your repair subsystems.. give me your left arm" he says swiftly moving to the robot with a mad gleam in his eyes


Designation: Male Designation: Human Paragon [CLASSIFIED]
Aanandareavekki wrote:

"Well, this saves me some work," she said, trying to process that Fei had already taken care of transport. For the second time in her life she was faced with the body of an alternate dimension version of one of her children. It should have been easier. She was in a container. There was only one of her. But the memory of a room full of corpses of James made sure that there was nothing easy about this. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Melody, suit up," she said a little more sharply than she intended. "It's time."

"Fei...." she made sure she had his attention before continuing. "When this hits you....when you start feeling again....Remember that you're not alone. We're here for you. And we do understand what you're going through. I've been here before. DIfferent child, same pain. Just remember that we are here to help you."

The head tilts down briefly to the container.

"This Vai was not alone - Hope's new Champion was with her. She did not see me, and fled before Vai confronted me. She is a red dragon, and apparently the granddaughter of the Emperor, according to the information I took from their facility."

He pauses, the emerald glow from his suit brightening again before he continues.

"I overheard a conversation they were having. They claimed that your daughter was killed by another Champion here. Is...this true?"


The apparent one-sidedness of the fight, due to sheer numbers on the attacking side, seemed to overwhelm Lysander for a moment. The something changed and the fighting he was doing became even as he protected his brother. The fury and speed he exhibited was more than enough to keep up with multiple Times, and one by one he began to whittle away at the numbers.

Meanwhile, further evening the odds, Anwar picked up the token from Ephebe and began to pull at the energy he sought to take back from Time. It was time to return balance to reality both real and fake.


Male Elf Slayer 16
Djalos Tyon wrote:

The young elf shakes his head. "Yes, but the rules... irritate me, I suppose. I don't understand why you're there. Believe me, I have been in many situations where I had to fight a single opponent. Real fights are more athari... what's the word in Common? Fast and loose?"

He turns his head towards Belyu, despite the fact that he can't actually see her. "What about we try a fight? A real one? Of course we won't kill each other..." he says thoughtfully, not sarcastically at all.

"Where are my manners? Asking you to a duel before even telling you my name! It's Djalos. What about yours?"

** spoiler omitted **

Repost.


Female Human

"I am Belyu Shardae. And as much as I would enjoy a 'real' fight, there was yet another complaint after my thirty-first victory and since then I've decided it's better to avoid the hassle."


Male Elf Slayer 16

Djalos' bandana shifts a little bit, indicating that he has arched an eyebrow. "What makes you so sure you would win this time around?"


Female Human

"It's my record. I can't lose it unless I want to. It's fun to wipe the floor with the overconfident and arrogant, but I'll save it for when it's really important."


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16

Mel nods at Aana, understanding the situation. Mel's usual jolly outlook,, and always trying to make jokes or light of bad situations is gone for now.

She silently puts on the suit. she seems like she has put herself emotionally, someplace else.

Once she has most of everything together, she takes her journal book from a pocket and hands it to Arthur. All of my notes are in here. some scientific, and lots of songs and music. I doubt you'll be able to read the personal stuff though. she says with a little glint of concern in her eye.

Once suited up, she grabs the reality bomb. then with sigh of resolve, lets do this


N/A Male voice Robot Ninja10/Machinesmith 1

Hermes offers his arm when Arthur requests it.

"Sir, is this really the most efficient use of supplies?"


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

Tybs starts to move the two pawns on the other side of the board out on his turns.

"If there's a gold thread insertion in the fabric, it's probably doing at least some of the channeling. It's either a part of the weave or it would be disrupting the flow. And it works, so that's likely not the case. And the thing about working your feather was really just me thinking out loud. I don't think using them would work out terribly well, but I actually hadn't thought about how your magic would interprate that. I mean, everyone uses their stuff for potions, but that's more organic magic. It's different from crafting. You have to consider longevity in crafting, but with potions it's just one and done. Anyways, I assume we have enough gold between the two of us for the case, but we're gonna have to go shopping for the inside parts. Not to mention that I'm gonna need stuff for transfer. Sea salt and purple candles and stuff."

He shakes his head when you apologize.

"No, don't say sorry for that. I want you to be happy with who you are, especially when you're around me. My phobias are something I just have to work through, and I don't want you to ever feel like you need to apologize for being you."


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave grins a feral grin when you move your pawn out of the way "Bishop to A8" he says as he removes your rook "my body does have magical properties, we could try to incorporate it help it channel better, maybe...does it matter the color of the candles or where the salt comes from?" he says somewhat confused due to his lack of experience with permanent magical item creation
dave smiles softly at tybalt's statement "maybe we could build something to help with that, maybe something that imbue fire resistance or just remove fear" he then frowns "actually no, on second thought removing fear sounds like an awful idea"


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

Tybs smirks as he realizes he left himself open for that. He moves the knight from that side out. It's at this point that I can no longer keep track of a mental chess board and we can just let that go grey as we talk.

He shakes his head no when you ask about the neccesity of the ingredients.

"I just like those kinds. It's just any s11salt and candles. I like the way sea salt smells because it reminds me of home, and Faerie candles are purple. They work for rituals, but it's not real, you know."

With that face, "you know" probably means fire.

"If we're gonna do experiments, it needs to not be with your nice, expensive and irreplaceable robe, dude. If this goes wrong we have to make another robe with all the tricked out features you have on it, and then transfer it to another watch. With specific items you have to make them in the right thing before they can be transfered. Some things you can replicate easy enough, but specifics like wondrous items need to be made first. Like, force shields, for example. You can make those into pretty much anything. Same with permanent spells. That's just the spell effect, a strengthener and a toggle clause. But anyways, I don't want this to get messed up. With how that works, you could get stuck as a dragon forever. I mean, that would be cool sometimes, but you can't do a lot of things at that size. And you wouldn't have that nice hair."

He makes a funny face and flicks at Dave's bangs.

"Remove fear is definitely a bad idea. Partly because I guess it can't technically be called a phobia. Phobia is irrational fear. I have every reason to be scared of... fire. But I don't want to be. I don't want to be afraid anymore. I'd like if we could make something that would help. I had that medallion so I could have contact with people. Well, other people. You and your shiny butt are the exception. And I gave that and the other one to Pyry and Asha. Maybe if I had something that could protect me, I could start to get over this."

That's progress! He says the word now! He's got a determined expression on. Very resolved and confident. Brave kitty.


Male Elf Slayer 16

"That sounds a bit arrogant itself to me," Djalos casually says, arms folded across his chest.

"Anyways, what's the deal with this 'SIM Room?' anyways? The brochure made it sound all special, but all I see is a blank white room."


Female Human

"The SIM room creates solid light and makes it take form so you can fight what you want wherever you want. Army of undead in a dreary swamp? Done. Rampaging trolls in the countryside? Sure. Impossible odds in the middle of a desert? If you want."


Male Elf Slayer 16

"Fascinating," Djalos says. "I'm guessing that... Advanced P.E., was it? Uses it to improve the physical health of students. When does class start, anyhow?"

Tonight IRL, probably :P

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator
Melody Waverider wrote:

Mel nods at Aana, understanding the situation. Mel's usual jolly outlook,, and always trying to make jokes or light of bad situations is gone for now.

She silently puts on the suit. she seems like she has put herself emotionally, someplace else.

Once she has most of everything together, she takes her journal book from a pocket and hands it to Arthur. All of my notes are in here. some scientific, and lots of songs and music. I doubt you'll be able to read the personal stuff though. she says with a little glint of concern in her eye.

Once suited up, she grabs the reality bomb. then with sigh of resolve, lets do this

Arthur looks up at her and says "hey don't be like that, you'll be fine, you won't go up there and kick that paradox rift in it's metaphorical ass, I will insure it" he says as a steely determination crosses his features "Hermes, your arm!" he barks out.
HRMS-XI "Hermes" wrote:

Hermes offers his arm when Arthur requests it.

"Sir, is this really the most efficient use of supplies?"

arthur quickly grabs and begins quickly dismantling the arm "of course it is, The electromagnetic micro servos can be reconfigured into a stabilizing ring for the barrior system and the plasma toarch on your repair system can be used as an injector nozel for the plasma fusion arc reactor, increasing power production rate by 13% and stabilizing the back currents on the plasma flow as well as increasing shield strength by 9.3% and decreasing chance of sudden failure by 5%" he says, moving his hands even faster than his mouth but from his expression he seems unsatisfied with his speed and somehow starts moving faster, and can be heard muttering "not enough, not fast enough, need to be better" and then there's a grunt of discomfort and anyone standing behind him can see a blue and red symbol begin to glow on the back of his neck, expanding to his back where it is hidden by clothing as this occurs Arthur begins moving fast enough that it seems that the pieces are moving by themselves, and indeed if you look closer that is in fact what is happening as sweat pores down his brow.


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16

Mel smiles at Arthur's reassurance. still, If something does happen, everything you need to know is in there. ok? just keep it safe, as a favor to me.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7
Lysander Sandwalker wrote:

The apparent one-sidedness of the fight, due to sheer numbers on the attacking side, seemed to overwhelm Lysander for a moment. The something changed and the fighting he was doing became even as he protected his brother. The fury and speed he exhibited was more than enough to keep up with multiple Times, and one by one he began to whittle away at the numbers.

Meanwhile, further evening the odds, Anwar picked up the token from Ephebe and began to pull at the energy he sought to take back from Time. It was time to return balance to reality both real and fake.

Ephebe screamed and Anwar's ritual was literally flooded with power, enough to be a struggle to keep control of it.

More Ephebe clones showed up and also a blue dragon. They appeared to have developed some sort of temporary alliance, but the lack of trust made fighting together somewhat difficult, giving the defenders opportunities to take advantage of the lack of cohesive tactics.


Image

Just as Arthur finishes the last minute adjustments, Aananda hands the canister with other Vai's remains in it to Melody.

"Be careful out there. Stay safe. Throw this canister through first. Then the bomb. I know you can do this," she said, giving her a reassuring pat on the back. "You're very brave, and very clever, and you're going to make it through this."


Male Elf Slayer 16

Lyn, Djalos and Belyu are waiting on Nanami to start APE.

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

"You sure you're up to this? If not I could get to work on trying to build some
Kind of bunker to survive the end of reality as we know it." You're pretty sure he's joking.... Probably joking... It's probably be best to treat that as a joke..."you know... The suit needs a name, something powerful.. Something to inspire hope..."


Female Human

"Shouldn't be too much longer."


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

boo, I've even given their exact position :P Dave grins some more takeing the knight with his bishop, not realizing in his enthusiasm that he could then be taken by the pawn behind it. "Does the fake fire even work the same way, you'd think the magics of the farie candles would work differently than that of a standard one, how do you life them if not by fire?" He listens to his friend's speach adviseing caution and pouts slightly but acquiesces "being able to transform into a dragon would be cool, but that's one of my strongest spells* I had before this champion business happened, do you think we could really do something like that on accident? If you think it's possible I'll take your word for it, if you promise not to tell anyone, I'll let you know I didn't really make this myself, I just provided the raw power and materials for it I remember it was mostly necromancy with some illusion and transmutation thrown in and I had to cast speak with dead, disguise and alter self, plus a few cantrips... Plus some dragons do have hair, remind me and I'll pull out some pics of some Dragons from the island of Tien later, some of them had very dignified looking hair."
Dave grimaces "it actually slipped my mind somehow that you have legitimant reasons to fear fire when I said that, I was more thinking about all the other things there are to be afraid of, from undead to social situations, to the possibility of being wrong that if a permanent remove fear spell screwed up could cause"

*8th lvl spell "form of the linorm, 1 size larger than same leveled form of the dragon, no wing attacks, lyn okayed it ages ago


Image
Fei, of the Perfect Logic wrote:
Aanandareavekki wrote:

"Well, this saves me some work," she said, trying to process that Fei had already taken care of transport. For the second time in her life she was faced with the body of an alternate dimension version of one of her children. It should have been easier. She was in a container. There was only one of her. But the memory of a room full of corpses of James made sure that there was nothing easy about this. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Melody, suit up," she said a little more sharply than she intended. "It's time."

"Fei...." she made sure she had his attention before continuing. "When this hits you....when you start feeling again....Remember that you're not alone. We're here for you. And we do understand what you're going through. I've been here before. DIfferent child, same pain. Just remember that we are here to help you."

The head tilts down briefly to the container.

"This Vai was not alone - Hope's new Champion was with her. She did not see me, and fled before Vai confronted me. She is a red dragon, and apparently the granddaughter of the Emperor, according to the information I took from their facility."

He pauses, the emerald glow from his suit brightening again before he continues.

"I overheard a conversation they were having. They claimed that your daughter was killed by another Champion here. Is...this true?"

Sorry for missing this post earlier. Assume that Aananda replies to Fei's question before she talks to Mel. Basically while Arthur was putting on finishing touches to the suit.

"Yes, it's true. We don't know who, but it doesn't matter right now. Someone probably got the idea from what happened to Keme. Vai has already agreed to a resurrection, but we were waiting until after the rift was closed, just to be safe. I have no idea now if she will still be Light's champion when she comes back. After everything that's happened, I hope not. She deserves better," she said, with just a trace of bitterness. She looks incredibly tired as she speaks, a change that especially stands out from the usually energetic to the point of hyperactive attitude that he usually sees from her.


Image

Nanami calls the class to attention.

"Greetings, students! I am Nanami Tanaka. You should call me Tanaka-sensai. I'm just going to put you through a basic obstacle course today so I can get some idea of your current abilities," she says cheerfully, but a quick glance at the course reveals obstacles like moving saw blades and pits of lava...clearly this PE teacher was cut from the same cloth as the last couple.

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5

Zixoplautal waves one of his uppermost arms and the door to the class fades from existence. students file into the class room, and any who look around see it to a clearly magical place even on the first glance, there are incense pots in each corner of the room and two additional additional pairs by his desk and the doorway. many areas of the floor wall and ceiling have runic circles on them or places prepped to easily draw and replace them. there are multiple bookshelves along the walls and boxes with various gemstones, pieces of chalk, bottles of various ink, brushes and crystalline lenses. on the wall behind the teacher there is a chalkboard set up to be able to switch between multiple boards if needed, on the currently displayed board several complex magical formula are displayed. as the children file in he projects to them ::please file in, and tun to page 237 in the provided text. Today we will be going over duel school spells. those of you who have agreed to participate in the accelerated coursework place the homework assigned from last class on my desk in a neat pile.:: there is a small pause as the students do as told and zix goes over the papers handed in once all the students are seated, without looking up the teacher projects out ::Gabriel, why did you not turn in your paper. yesterdaay you showed remarkable grasp of the theory this shouldn't have been too difficult.:: a blond haired girl in the first row squeaks and blushes mumbling something ::speak up dear:: "mmm-my h-herbology assignment ate it...." some of the other students laugh. zix pauses and projects ::very well, I will be confirming this with Ms Agave after class, now then, today we are going over duel school spells and how they pertain to abjuration. a duel school spell is one that fits within or utilizes two different branches of magic in it's casting, can anyone give me an example of a spell that is classified within two different schools or uses two different schools of magic within it's casting?::


Male Elf Slayer 16

As soon as Nanami is finished speaking, Djalos is off in a flash. Never making a misstep, never stumbling, never hesitating. The young elf smoothly avoids saw blades, lasers, flying cyborg sharks, grenades, missiles, and more without even breaking step. Even attacks that should catch him completely off guard, don't, despite him being blindfolded. When he gets to the end, he isn't even breathing hard.


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

Tybs had indeed planned that, taking the piece with his pawn.

"It's always worked just fine for me. And you just light them with Fairy lights. Like using Spark on a normal candle."

He nods, confirming his belief that crafting can go ary exactly in such a way.

"If this is made to amplify the dragon blood you've got in you, it's a definite possibility that it could go overboard if more, ie your feathers, we're incorporated into the pattern. Not to mention that you wouldn't be you anymore. You'd just be a linnorm. I mean, they're big and powerful, but kinda not the best in social situations. I like being your friend and not getting eaten for being I'm what you consider your territory, ie our room. I don't think I've ever been to Tien before. Maybe we could go visit some time?"

He winks and does the mouth locking motion when you convey your secret.

"I promise I won't tell. But, that does make this more important not to screw up if you can't make another one of those yourself. All the more reason to get it right the first time. I should practice too. Maybe on some of the things I've bought and made."

He pauses for a moment when the subject of his fear is reconsidered.

"I'm just so afraid of what could happen. I haven't even been able to make or buy anything to block it because I'm too afraid it would be the broken kind that flares up when you put it on. But I don't want to be afraid any more. Especially now that I've met you. I want you to be able to be yourself around me and not have to be afraid of hurting or scaring me. Do you think you could help me get over this?"


Figment Narrator 20
Khassar Blackadder wrote:


"Didn't say I couldn't probably fix them. As it stands now, within the next day or two they will be properly aligned with this body. If that is what you want then we don't have to do anything. If not, then I need more information on your true form and the circumstances surrounding how you came to be this way."

the overly large coutal cough and says in a strangely neutral tone, "what makes you think that this is not my true form, given that your divination skill claim that it is such"


Designation: Male Designation: Human Paragon [CLASSIFIED]
Aanandareavekki wrote:
"Yes, it's true. We don't know who, but it doesn't matter right now. Someone probably got the idea from what happened to Keme. Vai has already agreed to a resurrection, but we were waiting until after the rift was closed, just to be safe. I have no idea now if she will still be Light's champion when she comes back. After everything that's happened, I hope not. She deserves better," she said, with just a trace of bitterness. She looks incredibly tired as she speaks, a change that especially stands out from the usually energetic to the point of hyperactive attitude that he usually sees from her.

"....Yes, she does," he replies quietly. "We will have the truth of that matter once...she has returned."

He takes a step back from her.

"I was instructed to speak with your son James about my other findings. I will go to him now, so you may return your focus to closing the breach safely."

He turns to face Melody, fully suited up by now.

"I...am sorry I cannot help any more than I have done here," he says to her, nodding slightly at the canister. "I hope it will do...some good."

He then disappears from the room.


Designation: Male Designation: Human Paragon [CLASSIFIED]

Fei appears in Kuros at the port, but nowhere near where the newly-arrived ship or its passengers are located. He then sends a transmission to James.

"I was instructed to meet with you. Where may we speak that will be away from the refugees?"

James, like his mother, notices that Fei's voice seems almost too calm, given the day's terrible events.


Lysander's eyes turn black as the Dark Tapestry and he launches himself at the blue dragon with ferocity equal or even grater than the draconic champion could muster. Even as he fought, ignoring his injuries, Anwar began pulling energy from the other Patrons, using their Champions at the conduit. His body began to pulse with power and the scales in his hands began to tilt back and forth as they got closer and closer to the revival.


Lysander Sandwalker wrote:
Lysander's eyes turn black as the Dark Tapestry and he launches himself at the blue dragon with ferocity equal or even grater than the draconic champion could muster. Even as he fought, ignoring his injuries, Anwar began pulling energy from the other Patrons, using their Champions at the conduit. His body began to pulse with power and the scales in his hands began to tilt back and forth as they got closer and closer to the revival.

Veesha fought back as hard as she could, lightning zooming through the entire area, appearing and reappearing as she bent it through time. Lysander's attacks seem to go right through her as she sort of blinks in and out of time (a trick he's seen Ephebe do as well), but she was having just as hard a time landing any attacks on him. Worse, her heart really didn't seem to be in it despite the ferocity of her attacks. Andromeda shot round after round at Veesha, trying to pin her in time so that they could dispose of her, but she was hindered by trying to keep her remaining clones at bay.

Meanwhile, Ephebe had started flickering back and forth between her human and dragon forms so fast it was like she was both at once.


Image
Fei, of the Perfect Logic wrote:

Fei appears in Kuros at the port, but nowhere near where the newly-arrived ship or its passengers are located. He then sends a transmission to James.

"I was instructed to meet with you. Where may we speak that will be away from the refugees?"

James, like his mother, notices that Fei's voice seems almost too calm, given the day's terrible events.

"Meet me at my office. Inside the warehouse, upper floor, first door on the right," James said over the radio and changed his trajectory, flying towards the warehouse instead of the landing field.


Image
Djalos Tyon wrote:
As soon as Nanami is finished speaking, Djalos is off in a flash. Never making a misstep, never stumbling, never hesitating. The young elf smoothly avoids saw blades, lasers, flying cyborg sharks, grenades, missiles, and more without even breaking step. Even attacks that should catch him completely off guard, don't, despite him being blindfolded. When he gets to the end, he isn't even breathing hard.

"Good work," the tiefling teacher said with an approving nod. "I can see you were well trained. Keeping you on your toes will be fun," she added with a fierce grin.


Image
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:

Having gained medical clearance, Jeran went looking for the 'chosen one' and her protectors. He wasn't sure what had happened to Tryko'Sam, but he'd asked Kevin to try and track him down if possible. Or at least find someone else who could do it for him. And that would have to wait for a little while at least. He'd made promises and he couldn't abandon his responisbilties.

When he finally tracked her down, he found her in a wooded area on the grounds with Sil and Jaiye and some people from the fencing club. He blinked in surprise.
Jaiye caught his eye and grinned. "Sil was freaking out, and it sounded important so I asked Sadie to send some help. Didn't fancy fighting off demons on my own," she said with a shrug.

Sorry to be a bit heavy handed here, but figure it's worth it to get this back on track. If anyone wants to be present as members of the fencing club here, feel free. Not sure if there's any more to the story, but the day isn't over yet, so who knows what other attacks might occur. :)

Repost for clarity. :)


Image
Ignace del Sol wrote:

Okay, so this is not as bad for the firebirds....potentially very, very awkward, but not necessarily bad. Jacob on the other hand....ummm.....sorry? DC 18 saves for half damage.

Fire filled the hallway, but not ordinary fire. This explosion originated in the belly of a volcano located in the heart of the Plane of Fire. The fire wasn't just hot, but also sticky, full of droplets of lava.
Fire damage: 20d6
Ignace crumpled to the ground, and as she lost consciousness the fire disappeared as if it had never been there.

After a several second delay, Ignace is teleported to the infirmary.


Image

*blink, blink*

She leaned against the wall, not really sure what to do. Ignace had exploded with fire and then that other weird girl had turned into bats or something. And now the boys who had been teasing them were slinking away, embarrassed. This school just kept getting weirder and weirder and she just wanted to go home.


Male Elf Slayer 16

Djalos bows, and says, "Perhaps, Tanaka-sensei." He then straightens and stands still for a moment. "You know, I believe I killed one of your clan over a dispute for a contract. I apologize."

Aaaand... awkwardness.


Designation: Male Designation: Human Paragon [CLASSIFIED]
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:
"Meet me at my office. Inside the warehouse, upper floor, first door on the right," James said over the radio and changed his trajectory, flying towards the warehouse instead of the landing field.

Fei proceeds to the main building's top floor, coming to a stop at the indicated door unless stopped. He waits, utterly still, for James' arrival.

72,901 to 72,950 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1454 | 1455 | 1456 | 1457 | 1458 | 1459 | 1460 | 1461 | 1462 | 1463 | 1464 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.