The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


72,701 to 72,750 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1450 | 1451 | 1452 | 1453 | 1454 | 1455 | 1456 | 1457 | 1458 | 1459 | 1460 | next > last >>

Male Gian&Nero Half-Fiend Half-Celestial All Elf 3 cleric 3 wizard 10 mystic theurge / 8 fighter 8 gunslinger

Here's what makes Lim fun.

Lim-Mor is unceremoniously dropped to the floor, his wings flow up around him as be tumbles and rolls a few feet, stopping in front of a Large mass of surly feathers.

"F@#K! That's just F@#$ing great! Pick me up in a fish net and drag me through the halls!"

He rights himself and starts angrily gesturing around.

Then she runs into your fat @$$ goes everywhere!"

He points at the large bird.

What the actual F$@#!? Can I not just walk through a hall in this Fiends d@#÷ed school?!

He throws his arms up in the air before quickly turning his head to the other side and pulling his hands together.

"Maybe we should all just take a minute to pull ourselves together. Are you ok?"

His head turns sharply back, and he puts a hand over his eyes.

"Why are you apologizing?! Gian, I swear to F@#$, I'm about to stab you right now. She drags us through the hall like f@$#ing luggage and then runs into this fat@$$ taking up the whole hallway. What do we have to apologize for?! I want to hear it from them! Starting with you, Sparkles. Go ahead. I'm waiting."

He again jabs a finger at the large bird before crossing his arms and scowling expectantly.


Figment Narrator 20

"You dare to make demands of me?! you DARE! where I come from such insolence would merit a century of roasting on the racks and that was if you got off lucky and I wasn't feeling peckish! Who are you to make such demands of ME" whisps of purple and green smoke simmer out of his nose as he speaks


Reapling (scout form) rogue, black blooded oracle, gestalt lvl 16

Vickory, hearing a disturbingly familiar voice, peeks around the corner to see who bothered what she thinks of as "the big rude bird snake" to which she now added "with a difinitively hyperinflated ego."

"Careful, some of the folks around here eat things like you when their friends get threatened. Nice of you to finally drop in by the way, I take this to mean you haven't found the healers yet?"


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD

the nameless girl looks with a start at the goings on. Hmm.


Male Gian&Nero Half-Fiend Half-Celestial All Elf 3 cleric 3 wizard 10 mystic theurge / 8 fighter 8 gunslinger

1d100 ⇒ 12
Ooh...

"Well, we /aren't/ where you come from, now are we Princess?! Where /I/ come from, I've already had worse than that! I guarantee, nothing you can pull out of your fat /@$$/ will /ever/ stack up to the $#!+ I've been through /all/ of my f@#$ing life! So go ahead! Hit me with your best shot! We can take this to a Sim room and go until you're a hand bag and matching belt, or by some miracle I'm another foot of lard on your giant @$$! Because at this point I don't care. I'm going to a Sim room to kill something whether it's you or not. So bite me."

After another bout of intense gesturing and heavy insults, he turns on his heel and puts up one hand with his middle finger up before moving the hand to the wall to make arrows towards the Sim room.


Figment Narrator 20

"Insolent whelp" he snorts at the diatribe, seeming actually amused at your shouts "were I at the seat of my power and someone said such to me I'm not quite sure if I would eat you or promote you, you have balls for a half breed, that being said, I will not allow you to leave until you take me to your medical facilities. Do I make myself clear..." The energy poring off of him appears to be increasing.


Image Alternate Image - all dressed up.
Raelle del Sol wrote:

Raelle had been going to respond to the Professor's suggestion by telling him that the Headmaster had already vetoed that suggestion due to the overlap between basic psionics and basic arcana which she'd already taken, but all of that completely flew out of her head when she was interrupted by Tamina's sudden outburst. Followed by tears.

"Tami! What is it? What's wrong?" she said, wobbling a little as she hopped off the exam table to comfort her friend. She knelt on the floor beside Tami and put her arm around her.

"Gi-Ginni...Ginni was murdered this morning. They b-brought her back, but whoever hurt her shattered her mind. Phaezeriel said it could take days before we even know if it's possible to...to.....she may not ever be the same person she was," Tamina wailed, sobbing even harder than before.


Image
Kevin Ramos wrote:

"Woah. More guys. It's not even your birthday..." The orange ooze pipes up from Kevin's pocket as he gets back to the hole that was the door to the destroyed hangar.

"Shut up..."

He pushes it back down into his pocket.

"Is everyone ok? I got to the headmaster's office, and he said everything was fine. What happened? Is there anything I can do for you?"

He asks Ardiente, as he's the one on the floor.

"You, Jeran? I can mix up healing potions if you need one."

"Thanks, Kevin. Things took a turn for the weird pretty fast in there. I'm okay for now. At least until my boss finds out I wrecked a prototype mech. Then he's gonna kill me."

"Is Tryko'Sam okay? I can't imagine being possessed by that thing did him any good," he added with a grimace.


Jacob Forgehand wrote:

Jacob sighs. "It does not matter if they are nobles or commoners, gentlemen. What matters is that you are impugning their honor, and I must defend it."

With that, he steps from behind the mass of boys and in front of Phaedra and Ignace, his eyes aglow with a golden radiance. To Phaedra's trained eye, his grace and bearing mark him as a leader among this puny, unwashed race of the earth.

Closing his eyes briefly, and with a look of intense concentration, golden and azure light manifests around the boy, before finally coalescing into a suit of ornate full plate armor in the style of those that are worn by crusaders of Iomedae, and a matching tower shield, which he immediately presents to the attackers as a barrier against their onslaught of food. It all looks very impressive.

"As I said, gentlemen: it is my duty to protect the honor of all."

Lyn, the part about "leader among men" isn't me changing Jacob's backstory, it's just the legend of the Protector manifesting itself.

"Nice tin can," one of the boys taunted while the others giggled. "Is that supposed to scare us? You should just stay out of things that aren't your business."


Male Aasimar (Muse-Touched)

Jacob appears completely unfazed by the taunting of the boys, maintaining his resolute stance protecting the girls.


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Repp, the Bleached wrote:
Tamrin - Gunslinger of Tomorrow wrote:
"With no 'out of control' abilities you need to get a handle on, that would've been a slightly better direction to pursue. I'm surprised the Headmaster didn't suggest it at your entrance interview. Hm."
"He did seem rather distracted during my interview, to be completely honest. Understandable, perhaps, if the threat is very real." Repp replies, his attitude apparently shifting slightly away from his resolute nonchalance. "Is there anything to be done? I've heard various rumours from the student body but it's obviously hearsay."

"That almost sounds like an offer. Knowing what's going on out there is critical...but so is knowing what's going on around here."


Tamrin's thoughts are interrupted by an alert from his communicator. He mutes the detention room comm as he opens his secure channel to the Harbinger Ascendant.

"Tamrin, were you expecting a hijacked Imperial vessel in-system today?"


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5

"Please tell me that's a joke, Fivain," Tamrin replies as he pulls up another screen at his work area.

"What's going on?"


"If this little tale is true, one of your wife's students went out and sacked a secret research lab, raided its databanks for information, freed a large group of captives and commandeered a ship to bring them here."

"The ship has no functioning tracking equipment on it, so that's an added plus..." the elf adds with just a hint of humor.


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5

".....Hold please," Tamrin says as he mutes the Comm and turns to Aananda.

"Honey, I think your wayward monk has returned. And he brought guests."


Image

Aananda looked up from the device that was nearly fully assembled,

"Fei is alright? Oh, thank goodness. At least one thing went right today....ummm....when you say guests....exactly what did you mean?"


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5

"He evidently took some time out of his...errand...to bust out a bunch of people from a lab. Swiped a ship too - sounds like he's been busy." ;)

"I guess we need to decide if they're coming here or going to James' facility."


Image
Tamrin - Gunslinger of Tomorrow wrote:

"He evidently took some time out of his...errand...to bust out a bunch of people from a lab. Swiped a ship too - sounds like he's been busy." ;)

"I guess we need to decide if they're coming here or going to James' facility."

"I think at the moment James is better equipped to handle large groups of refugees. The school feels...sluggish I guess is the best word. And we already used a lot of resources helping the firebird refugees. So I would say we send them to Kuros."


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5

"Done," he replies with a nod as he returns to the comm.

"Fivain - send the ship down to the Kuros port. I'll let James know to break out the red carpet. Tell Fei he needs to report here as soon as he's able."


"Understood - they should be hitting atmosphere in ten."


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5

Tamrin ends the transmission, then tries to reach his son in Kuros.

"James - I've got a big inbound coming your way in a few minutes. Assault scout-class vessel with Imperial refugees. One of ours is onboard and in charge - can you meet them?"


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5

As we waits for James to reply, Tamrin switches the comm to the detention room back on briefly and speaks to Repp.

"I think I have a job for you that might seriously pique your interest. Give me a couple of minutes - if that interests you, I'll have you out of that room presently."


Image
Tamrin - Gunslinger of Tomorrow wrote:

Tamrin ends the transmission, then tries to reach his son in Kuros.

"James - I've got a big inbound coming your way in a few minutes. Assault scout-class vessel with Imperial refugees. One of ours is onboard and in charge - can you meet them?"

"Yeah, I got it. I'm just in a meeting with some architects right now. Dennis can take over. Sounds like we might be increasing their scope of work anyhow. I'll assemble a welcome party,"


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5

"Sounds good."

"It's Fei that's on the ship, by the by. I don't know how he managed it, but Fivain said he may have some 'swag' for us besides the shiny new ship. Verify that when you have a chance.

"I may be sending someone else from the school to help with our new guests as well. More on that when know it."


Female Halfling Teenager
Keme Tokala wrote:
Keme smiled in spite of himself. "Alright. Nice illusions, by the way," he said, closing the door behind him. "Is that what you do? Illusion magics?"

Illithia smiles and "mmhmm"s affrimatively. "They're my favourite and what I'm best at. Gnomish blood or something maybe."

Keme Tokala wrote:

Keme grinned and then found a comfortable spot to sit. Piles of clothes always made good cushions. Although it was a lot less comfy trying to sit like this in human form. But for some reason he found himself reluctant to switch to his fox form at the moment. Fox form was good for observing, but maybe not as great for talking.

"I'm probably making a big mistake sharing any of this stuff with someone I don't really even know," he said, running a hand through his hair. "But we're pretty much just chasing our tails right now anyways. I'm tired of always finding myself a few steps behind this guy. We need to find another way of finding him," he said, his frustration coming to the surface.

Illithia herself flop-sits onto the nearby bed, her previous smile having faded away. "Yeah, you're probs right."

There's a brief pause, punctuated by the sound of something falling over in the closet and apparently causing a mini-junkslide, if the sound is to be trusted. Illithia winces and waits for the noise to abate before carrying on the conversation.

"So, how do you feel about bait?"


Male Gnome
Tamrin - Gunslinger of Tomorrow wrote:

As we waits for James to reply, Tamrin switches the comm to the detention room back on briefly and speaks to Repp.

"I think I have a job for you that might seriously pique your interest. Give me a couple of minutes - if that interests you, I'll have you out of that room presently."

Repp glances around at his current sensory blank confinement. "I suppose I'm all ears," he says with a small smirk, clearly enjoying his own joke.


Female Image Firebird Image Wizard(Shadowcaster, Shadow subschool)13/Sorcerer(Shadow Bloodline)8/Shadowcraft Mage 5(gestalt)

While Lim-Mor and the giant rainbow snake bird continue to go at in the halls, the swarm of shadow bats that is Serrin flutter beyond them, and into the cafeteria. After all, while she consciously has no control over this form or even awareness of what's happened, she is still really hungry.

Thus it is that a rather large swarm of bats, made out of pure shadow, flies into the lunch room.

However, part of her mind picks up the fight between Phaedra, Ignace and some other students, and steers the bats towards that. Another part reminds her that she still needs to eat, so it splits off and flies to the lunch line.

Just to clarify, there's two swarms of shadow bats now. One heading towards Phaedra and Ignace, and one making its way to the food line


Image
Tamrin - Gunslinger of Tomorrow wrote:

"Sounds good."

"It's Fei that's on the ship, by the by. I don't know how he managed it, but Fivain said he may have some 'swag' for us besides the shiny new ship. Verify that when you have a chance.

"I may be sending someone else from the school to help with our new guests as well. More on that when know it."

"I'm not sure now if I'm curious or worried. I'll let you know as soon as I do, Dad."

"Alright, well I rarely turn down help."


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8
David.De'Foul wrote:

David nods grimly when the firebird mentions the wrongness of the area "powerful daemon lord, from what I can tell he specalizes in possession and coercion, he ran off but I don't know why, which bothers me..." He stares off into space before he's brought back to earth by the retching of his companion "woah, ardente! You ok?.. Right stupid question, do you need me to help? Either with fire or with transport back to the infirmary, or maybe just away from here?" He atunes his magical aura to a soothing warmth as he speaks and vanishes the bile with a gesture and a burst of magic

mechanically you now have fast healing 3 if you're below 50% max HP

Ardiente waves off David's offer of help in favour of panting hard and closing his eyes, and doing the same again when questioned by both Kevin and Jeran upon their arrivals.

His gut was still twisting and turning on itself and he couldn't shake the feeling of being dirty, like that inky filth he had reached into to open the wall had stuck to him.

"I'll... be fine." he manages shakily between breaths.


Image
Illithia wrote:
Keme Tokala wrote:
Keme smiled in spite of himself. "Alright. Nice illusions, by the way," he said, closing the door behind him. "Is that what you do? Illusion magics?"

Illithia smiles and "mmhmm"s affrimatively. "They're my favourite and what I'm best at. Gnomish blood or something maybe."

Keme Tokala wrote:

Keme grinned and then found a comfortable spot to sit. Piles of clothes always made good cushions. Although it was a lot less comfy trying to sit like this in human form. But for some reason he found himself reluctant to switch to his fox form at the moment. Fox form was good for observing, but maybe not as great for talking.

"I'm probably making a big mistake sharing any of this stuff with someone I don't really even know," he said, running a hand through his hair. "But we're pretty much just chasing our tails right now anyways. I'm tired of always finding myself a few steps behind this guy. We need to find another way of finding him," he said, his frustration coming to the surface.

Illithia herself flop-sits onto the nearby bed, her previous smile having faded away. "Yeah, you're probs right."

There's a brief pause, punctuated by the sound of something falling over in the closet and apparently causing a mini-junkslide, if the sound is to be trusted. Illithia winces and waits for the noise to abate before carrying on the conversation.

"So, how do you feel about bait?"

Keme grimaced. "Like it's a terrible idea, but may be the only way we'll ever cath this guy. But picking the right bait is tricky. He or she or it or whatever has very specific criteria for victims. Always female. Always with either a boyfriend or in the one case very close male friend. The victims are fed a mental image of the boyfrend killing them. The killer is able to completely psychically erase himself from their minds. And I suspect the killer is hunting within a particular social group. But isn't above the occasional crime of opportunity. I can't shake the feeling that we're all literally looking right past him because he's messing with our heads."


Serrin Surya wrote:

While Lim-Mor and the giant rainbow snake bird continue to go at in the halls, the swarm of shadow bats that is Serrin flutter beyond them, and into the cafeteria. After all, while she consciously has no control over this form or even awareness of what's happened, she is still really hungry.

Thus it is that a rather large swarm of bats, made out of pure shadow, flies into the lunch room.

However, part of her mind picks up the fight between Phaedra, Ignace and some other students, and steers the bats towards that. Another part reminds her that she still needs to eat, so it splits off and flies to the lunch line.

Just to clarify, there's two swarms of shadow bats now. One heading towards Phaedra and Ignace, and one making its way to the food line

Reminder that the elementary wing is a whole other part of the school. Not saying she can't get there, but wanted to remind you that they are practically in a separate building.


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Repp, the Bleached wrote:
Repp glances around at his current sensory blank confinement. "I suppose I'm all ears," he says with a small smirk, clearly enjoying his own joke.

"Alright. You're an observant fellow, you like learning about the new and different, and your past has honed your ability to pick 'bad apples' out of a barrel."

"I've got a bunch of refugees from the Empire about to touch down in Kuros, and I'd really like to be sure we don't have any troublemakers in their midst."

"How would you like do a spot of detective work for me, and get some new cultural experiences under your belt while you're doing it?"


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

"Aw. It destroyed your robot? That sucks, man. I would try to help, but I'm really more on the squishy, explodey end of science. Engineering is just like woosh."

He swipes a hand in the 'over my head' motion.

"But, don't worry. I can fix dead. Dead is easy. Mechanical physics, that's what's hard..."

He shakes his head.

"Anyways, sorry rambling. We should get everyone back to that decon unit. I'm sure whatever stuff is in the room now needs to come off, ASAP. I kinda mighta broken the door on the way out... And the headmaster's door... So, might need to close that manually for the decon. Then we can get everyone checked out before heading back to the main area of the school. Can everyone walk alright?"


Male Gian&Nero Half-Fiend Half-Celestial All Elf 3 cleric 3 wizard 10 mystic theurge / 8 fighter 8 gunslinger

1d100 ⇒ 23

"Just shoot yourself in the foot. That's how I always seem to get there. Or I can kill you in a SIM room, and you'll end up there too."

He continues walking, calling back behind him.

If he's attentive, he may notice what he's doing to get to a SIM room, whatever that is. Maybe the healer works the same.


Reapling (scout form) rogue, black blooded oracle, gestalt lvl 16

Vickory snickers at Lim's response.

"Gee, if only he had feet. Guess it'll have be the hard way. So, rude rainbow, think you can follow a few arrows, or do you need instructions?"


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

As Jai leaves to follow the raven, Ace gently grabs her arm.

"Hang on a sec. I knew there was something else I wanted to tell you girls. I performed a divination about our assassin, and this is the reply I got from my god"

Divination:

"Rise from your prayer and move to see, for sitting idle does nothing for me. Seek out that which hides in plain sight, blank and hidden from the means to see. Even opaqueness is a sign, if one seeks and notices where such are worn to blind. The color of life flow in their eyes, a legacy of acts, taken and worn for all to hear when asked. I will not tell you directly who, or what, for I travel the same road you do too, even if on other paths-- but, I guide you on your path, with these words. Without motion, there is only stillness. Stillness is not the Way."


Image

One, two, buckle my shoe. Three, four, shut the door. Don't listen, don't listen, don't listen....don't think about it....five, six, pick up sticks...

The confrontation between the would be bullies and the girls and their would be protector was suddenly interrupted by a hallway full of bats. Ignace screamed, completely losing her concentration.


Image

Chara had gone to the door to see what had happened to Jacob. He'd been gone an awful long time. Her eyes got big when she saw the unfolding confrontation and when Ignace screamed she shouted, "EVERYBODY RUN!" in a surprisingly loud voice for such a little girl.


Image

FWOOOOOOOOM!

The corridor became an inferno for several seconds as Ignace lost control of her powers.

Reflex save for everyone in the corridor to see if you were able to get out of the direct blast before it went off.


Image
"Ace" wrote:

As Jai leaves to follow the raven, Ace gently grabs her arm.

"Hang on a sec. I knew there was something else I wanted to tell you girls. I performed a divination about our assassin, and this is the reply I got from my god"

** spoiler omitted **

"So we're looking for someone with red eyes? Or green eyes, I guess. Depends on what kind of life you're talking about. Sorry I can't be more help right now. I'll keep thinking about it while I go figure out what trouble my brother has managed to get himself in now," she said with an apologetic shrug.


Image
Kevin Ramos wrote:

"Aw. It destroyed your robot? That sucks, man. I would try to help, but I'm really more on the squishy, explodey end of science. Engineering is just like woosh."

He swipes a hand in the 'over my head' motion.

"But, don't worry. I can fix dead. Dead is easy. Mechanical physics, that's what's hard..."

He shakes his head.

"Anyways, sorry rambling. We should get everyone back to that decon unit. I'm sure whatever stuff is in the room now needs to come off, ASAP. I kinda mighta broken the door on the way out... And the headmaster's door... So, might need to close that manually for the decon. Then we can get everyone checked out before heading back to the main area of the school. Can everyone walk alright?"

"I think so. And don't worry about the doors. The school self repairs. But that thing really hurt it so it might take a while. I'm not sure the decon is even going to be enough, but it's worth a shot."


Image Alternate Image Yet another alternate image this one showing at least a tattoo
Tamina wrote:
Raelle del Sol wrote:

Raelle had been going to respond to the Professor's suggestion by telling him that the Headmaster had already vetoed that suggestion due to the overlap between basic psionics and basic arcana which she'd already taken, but all of that completely flew out of her head when she was interrupted by Tamina's sudden outburst. Followed by tears.

"Tami! What is it? What's wrong?" she said, wobbling a little as she hopped off the exam table to comfort her friend. She knelt on the floor beside Tami and put her arm around her.

"Gi-Ginni...Ginni was murdered this morning. They b-brought her back, but whoever hurt her shattered her mind. Phaezeriel said it could take days before we even know if it's possible to...to.....she may not ever be the same person she was," Tamina wailed, sobbing even harder than before.

Raelle felt like she'd been kicked in the stomach. She couldn't get a breath in. The color drained from her face. It was her fault. If she'd gone after Ginni instead of going to see Morrivan....No, that wasn't right.....but what if it was? What if she could have stopped this? What if Ginni really was gone for good? She had barely started coping with the idea of Joneh and Rodhas being gone. This couldn't be happening. It couldn't be true. It couldn't. She was trying to breathe, but she couldn't get a breath in. Little dark spots started dancing in front of her eyes. She thought she heard someone say something but it sounded like it was coming from a long way aways.

She just hyperventilated and passed out. So it's clear what that looks like from the outside. So to recap: Professor Nix is in the exam room with one girl who is uncontrollably sobbing and one girl who has just fainted again.


Ephebe wrote:
Ephebe shrugged. "I'm sure you're well aware that all the Patrons cheat, but this is more cheating within the spirit of the rules. Our three little cousins share the Championship. They can only use the Champion powers when all three of them are together. It's why a lot of people don't know who Dream's Champion is, since you don't see the aura unless it's all of them together. That and we try not to advertise it. They're still small and we felt that it was best to shield them from the fighting as much as possible."

"Glad to see there are still good people getting picked as Champions." Anwar replies, setting up the tokens in a circle in front of him before drawing in the sand. It looks like a mix of a summoning circle and focusing runes, but on a scale that's both complex and simple at the same time.

"Its beginning and ending now. Probably shouldn't watch too closely. The effect is unsettling and pleasant."


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:


"Glad to see there are still good people getting picked as Champions." Anwar replies, setting up the tokens in a circle in front of him before drawing in the sand. It looks like a mix of a summoning circle and focusing runes, but on a scale that's both complex and simple at the same time.

"Its beginning and ending now. Probably shouldn't watch too closely. The effect is unsettling and pleasant."

Speaking of unsettling and pleasant...

From a few yards over on the site, a pinprick of orange light appears near the ground, stretching upwards into a tall line and then outwards, forming a sheet of glowing orange light. A nearly 30 foot tall vaguely human silhouette stands behind the sheet of light, striking a cocky pose.

"GOOOOD EVENING EVERYBODY!"

Two hands split the light and pull it apart like a set of stage curtains, and it splits up into pieces, fading into nothing as the figure behind it is revealed.

The massive figure is a vision of wild and untamed charisma, wrapped in a suit of half-cocked, elegant style.
The giant guy is slender of figure, but an aura of well controlled, bursting power is just underneath his gaunt physique, evident in the assured and graceful way he holds himself, stepping out of the light. He is of a literally cloud-white complexion, with an upper-neck length mop of curly white hair, just a shade or two brighter than his skin. A pair of black sun glasses are just pale enough to not conceal his shockingly bright white irises. He's decked out in a well fit, black sleeveless tailcoat, white collared(also sleeveless) shirt, and a slightly crooked orange bowtie. A large, orange gem is set firmly into the lapel of his coat over where his heart probably is, if this curious creature, in fact, has a heart. Less importantly, but importantly none the less, he also wears black slacks and white high tops.
If one thing is to stand out in his visage, over his unusual size, it's probably the fact that he has two sets of arms, the upper raised glamorously into the air, while the lower are placed on the hips over a wide, heroic stance.

"This is Jasper, coming to you live, from the soon to be former site of inequality in the Patronverse! How're y'all doin' tonight?"

He tosses away the sun glasses indescrimnately behind him, finally looking down from his entrance pose to the collected people below and away from him. His upper hands go to the sides of his face in surprise, while the lower two clasp together in eager excitement.

"Oh my stars, if it isn't Ephebe Blackscales! We finally meet!"

The great figure steps forward, and in one giant step and swift spin, closes the distance between him and the group, while simultaneously shrinking down to the height everyone else is. He shakes hands with both Ephebe's at the same time, closing each of their hands in two of his. Before anyone can have time to reply to anything that's happened so far, he lets both go and takes a step back.

"Sooo, what do you think? Was I worth the wait?"

He spins on his heel, before his body below his torso stops spinning, while his top half makes another full rotation independently of his lower half.

"Oh, what am I saying? Of course I was! you're beside yourself! Uha, ha ha ha ha!"

He laughs at his own joke, again cutting off chances to respond as he has since the light appeared.

"Sorry. I'm just so excited to be here. The Bossman sent me here to help y'all out. You see, I wasn't exactly free to do things for myself, until lately."

He FINALLY stops talking, eager grin spread out, with just a hint of a gap between his front two teeth. Both sets of hands are clasped eagerly, the upper in front of him, the lower behind his back.

Around the new arrival, flits of orange light dart around and through broken lengths of chain, the robust aura of the latest and greatest Champion of Freedom.


"I didn't do that." Anwar says after the new arrival stop talking. "Don't think that's Balance. He's waaaay to normal to be hir."


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16

"No, it's okay. I....think. This is the champion of Freedom....apparently Dreams isn't the only one who figured it out ahead of time. I.....think he's here to help?"

"Umm....hi....I'm Andromeda Sunwake. It's a long story and I'll be glad to tell you later if you actually want to hear it, but I think you're not the only one who's just arrived and I don't think the rest of me are happy about this plan," she said nervously as several other versions of her teleported in.


"That would be where we come in, isn't it?" Lysander replies as he lets his white flame wires manifest and hiss on the sand. "Can't say I'm not looking forward to some hunting, old school style..."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7

"Great. Just .....Nnnnngh!"

Ephebe gasped and doubled over in pain. She was surrounded by an increasingly large field of glowing golden particles.

"You might have mentioned that this ritual was going to feel like being burned to a crisp and frozen to death at the same time," she said through gritted teeth.


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16

"Aaaand I think that means she's not gonna be much help with the fighting," Andromeda said, drawing both of her Casters.


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist

"A party? For me?! Oh, you shouldn't have. You are just too much! Or maybe you're too many..."

He continues grinning as he places a hand on his lapel gem, pulling a large, glowing stick out of it, longer than he is tall. A quick flick of his wrists spins it and the end blooms out into a massive Warhammer that darn near shakes the ground as he hefts it heavily onto his shoulder, the long handle bending under its weight before snapping back into place.
Image in profile

"Where should we start, luv?"

He rolls his neck and glances at Andromeda with one eyebrow cocked.

72,701 to 72,750 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1450 | 1451 | 1452 | 1453 | 1454 | 1455 | 1456 | 1457 | 1458 | 1459 | 1460 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.