The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


56,301 to 56,350 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1122 | 1123 | 1124 | 1125 | 1126 | 1127 | 1128 | 1129 | 1130 | 1131 | 1132 | next > last >>

Tyrrin Denulia wrote:
"Let's see if the school can make you a room, Pyry. Nice and cold for you and Lamai, how does that sound?" Tyrrin says tenderly, bending down in front of the sick firebird. Ghalen could swear... Tyrrin was almost acting motherly. Despite her hard edges, she would probably make a great mother one day.

"It makes rooms? How does it do that, and make them cold?" he was looking around, curiosity tempered by fear. He didn't know the people here. What if his family found out?


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:
"It makes rooms? How does it do that, and make them cold?" he was looking around, curiosity tempered by fear. He didn't know the people here. What if his family found out?

"It uses magic, as far as I can tell. The Headmaster is a powerful magic user, and he created the school. The school adapts to the needs of it's occupants. I suspect there should already be a room waiting. Why don't you try placing your hand on the wall, and thinking of a room to call your own?" Tyrrin gives him a slight push towards the wall, encouraging the young firebird to explore his curiosity.


Male Half-elf Image Vanguard/Aegis 9 lvls

"Thanks Ignace" Hew tells her as she made her hasty retreat.

After Midori told him she was going to meet them in the sim room. Hew looks to everyone left as he stands from his seat. "So who's coming to the sim room with me?"


He did so, thinking hard about a room cold enough for him and Lamai to be comfortable in, and is rather surprised when arrows light up on the wall leading out of the teleportation room.

"There will a room just for us if we follow the arrows..?"


Female Human Teenager

Grinning at Vai, Anahita says, "Well, there you go. No sense of meeting out revenge or justice against this copy of yourself and desires of self improvement. Splendid, which shall we work on first? I think your fears of others is due to what? Uncertainty of what they want, who they are, or how the fit into your world? Can you express this? I suggest the other points will come with study and experience. As for the DNA bit, yes, they are just words. Important to whomever accepts the power of it, given the words history and following as it relates to truth. At least, that makes sense when I speak and think on it. Have you considered seeking out a magical item to regulate your emotions? That might resolve the temper, or regular activities to vent your energies. You must have enormous passions due to the dragon aspects of your being."

She did appear excited to 'focus' on these topics, it would appear.


Male Boggle Goblin Tinker 20/Wizard 10 Bombardier 10
Zix wrote:
Advaran Silvertongue wrote:
"Nonononononono, CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!" A loud crash can be heard by anyone near the main doors as a metal blur shoots past dropping little orbs that explode into confetti.
zix looks up at the sound and runs to it, 40ft move, +haste when he gets there he sees a kobald pelting a goblin with pastries.... after looking on in some shock he projects ::state your intentions and reasoning for detonating on the premises or I will be forced to take action::

The goblin gets off his bike after it slows, "I came here to get away from some people, this place just seemed to draw me in." He examines his motorcycle, "THERE'S the problem, somebody crossed my lines, so my Phlogiston liquid turbo injector was hooked to the brakes, and my phlogison gas inducer was inserted into my turbo boost button, makes sense now." He turns to the Kobold, "Quit chucking muffins at me before I get mad, you won't like me when I'm mad." He calmly removes a muffin from his turban and takes a bite.


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16
Tyrrin Denulia wrote:

We're a little off-time right now, since Tybs mentioned it was 2:47am. We should head to bed shortly, so that the attack can be revealed to our folks tomorrow, otherwise it'll cause some weird time inconsistencies.

This was my plan. If we get back at that time and sleep in for a long while, it'll bring us up to where everyone is at about late morning (close to noon) right now. :)


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

When tybs gets on his back and the others leave his wings flap twice and he says "hold on tight" before he rockets into the air and towards their destination.


Female Two headed Fey IMAGE HERE

Amber
"I wish they would do more than dice each other up"

Opel
"this will not go on much longer, the sister is planing something, you can see the signs"


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:

He did so, thinking hard about a room cold enough for him and Lamai to be comfortable in, and is rather surprised when arrows light up on the wall leading out of the teleportation room.

"There will a room just for us if we follow the arrows..?"

"Yes, and I will come with you to make sure. In the morning, I'll take you to see the Headmaster, or maybe even the Headmistress, and we'll see about making your stay permanent for as long as you like." Tyrrin says comfortingly, standing and allowing Pyry to take the lead, glancing to Ghalen to ensure he was following, a reserved smile on her face.


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Anahita bint Tariq wrote:

Grinning at Vai, Anahita says, "Well, there you go. No sense of meeting out revenge or justice against this copy of yourself and desires of self improvement. Splendid, which shall we work on first? I think your fears of others is due to what? Uncertainty of what they want, who they are, or how the fit into your world? Can you express this? I suggest the other points will come with study and experience. As for the DNA bit, yes, they are just words. Important to whomever accepts the power of it, given the words history and following as it relates to truth. At least, that makes sense when I speak and think on it. Have you considered seeking out a magical item to regulate your emotions? That might resolve the temper, or regular activities to vent your energies. You must have enormous passions due to the dragon aspects of your being."

She did appear excited to 'focus' on these topics, it would appear.

Vai smiles at Anahita's enthusiam. It felt good that someone she had just met was so readily eager to help her with her problems. "Actually, my Mom said that she would make me something that would inject a potion that would calm my emotions if I get too angry, but she's too busy right now getting the school up and running again. I... have to be able to control myself on my own, and I will, but it will take time. The potions will just be a safety net for when I slip." After a pause, and a shy smile, an idle hand running through the thriving grass. "As far as activities... I really do love flying. I do it often, but I haven't had much time since the semester started."

"It's just.... it's really hard for me to trust people, and... physical contact can trigger painful memories for me. Flashbacks to my imprisonment. I... wasn't always a dragon Anahita. I drew the lot on my 16th birthday, and..." she chokes off for a moment, obviously a very painful memeory. "My.. natural dad put me up to be taken. Taken by a blue dragon named Aegythrax."

There's another pause, and Vai continues shakily after that. "He... did all sorts of terrible things to me: torture... rape, mind control... but also, he experimented on me, changed me into a... weird half-dragon thing... I..." She's shaking a little while she tells the story, and stops there, collecting herself. "At least he gave me my wings, and my family and friends here at Avalon." she finishes, with a smile, even though there are tears in her eyes. She blinks them away at a moment, and looks to Anahita to see what her response to these revelations would be.


Female Kobold with a mushroom hat |Dragonrider 3// undecided

"Ok. No more muffins."
tarka leans back and watches the teacher do things.


Male Human Rogue 16/Magus 9
True Seeing:
He is wearing a blank white mask

After threatening the demons he follows to their castle


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16
David.De'Foul wrote:
When tybs gets on his back and the others leave his wings flap twice and he says "hold on tight" before he rockets into the air and towards their destination.

"We need to walk. No one else can fly and we need to stay together. There might be more bugs. At least stay next to them."


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

"aren't they just teleporting?"


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

"Onei and Jeran are walking back with us. Tyrrin, Ghalen, Lamai and Pyry teleported."


male human monk 16

I don't know if the boys and girls restrooms are next to each other I guess it makes sense that they are.

Lang heads to the restroom area but does not enter right away. noticeing Ignace head into the girls restroom. Lang now seems concerned.

what have I done or said now? Am I that much of a screw up?

Lang looks around to see midori heading his way.

I hope I say the right things to her otherwise I will have two girls that hate me

Lang gives midori a little wave trying not to draw attention to them.


M Extrodinaraly Contrary Meatbag Fourm pyromancer 1
Lyere wrote:
He stops a moment, perplexed, asking them in abyssal and infernal "Who or what is this castle for might I ask?" his feathers flare red-purple again, although the barabu will detect no ill-intent from the Lyere

>> this castle belongs to sherinrul the wretched. You'll stay out if you know what's good for you.<<


M Extrodinaraly Contrary Meatbag Fourm pyromancer 1
Renkai Urmas wrote:
After threatening the demons he follows to their castle

there is a huge balor on a throne made of fleshy stone in a throne room. The room is rather bare.


Male Tzeentch-Born (Outsider (Native-subtype)) 16 Wizard (Mage of the Veil)/16 Cryptic
icehawk333 wrote:
Lyere wrote:
He stops a moment, perplexed, asking them in abyssal and infernal "Who or what is this castle for might I ask?" his feathers flare red-purple again, although the barabu will detect no ill-intent from the Lyere
>> this castle belongs to sherinrul the wretched. You'll stay out if you know what's good for you.<<

"And yet you gesture for me to go inside, by the Architect of Fate, make up your minds"

He shakes his head, saying the words jokingly as he produces his staff again, resting on it as he looks the barabu over, the chaos symbol emblazoned just below the blade seeming to shudder at the mention of the name of the dark god.


M Extrodinaraly Contrary Meatbag Fourm pyromancer 1
Lyere wrote:
icehawk333 wrote:
Lyere wrote:
He stops a moment, perplexed, asking them in abyssal and infernal "Who or what is this castle for might I ask?" his feathers flare red-purple again, although the barabu will detect no ill-intent from the Lyere
>> this castle belongs to sherinrul the wretched. You'll stay out if you know what's good for you.<<

"And yet you gesture for me to go inside, by the Architect of Fate, make up your minds"

He shakes his head, saying the words jokingly as he produces his staff again, resting on it as he looks the barabu over, the chaos symbol emblazoned just below the blade seeming to shudder at the mention of the name of the dark god.

>>he changed his mind. He does that.<<


Male Tzeentch-Born (Outsider (Native-subtype)) 16 Wizard (Mage of the Veil)/16 Cryptic

Lyere retraces his steps and walks down another of the stable paths, observant of any danger as the staff in his hand settles down. the small voice in his head growing a little louder.

'You could've at least killed the dretches, those souls they were fishing looked tasty' the voice croons, prompting him to shut his eyes and focus on willing it away. Finding a way out of here was his priority now.


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16
Tyrrin Denulia wrote:
"Yes, and I will come with you to make sure. In the morning, I'll take you to see the Headmaster, or maybe even the Headmistress, and we'll see about making your stay permanent for as long as you like." Tyrrin says comfortingly, standing and allowing Pyry to take the lead, glancing to Ghalen to ensure he was following, a reserved smile on her face.

He does indeed follow, and when she looks back she sees her smile returned, along with slight look of amusement.


M Extrodinaraly Contrary Meatbag Fourm pyromancer 1
Lyere wrote:

Ah, ok, couldn't really tell

Lyere retraces his steps and walks down another of the stable paths, observant of any danger as the staff in his hand settles down. the small voice in his head growing a little louder.

'You could've at least killed the dretches, those souls they were fishing looked tasty' the voice croons, prompting him to shut his eyes and focus on willing it away. Finding a way out of here was his priority now.

actually, you were in the right, i had messed up. But I've got it, and I've fixed it.

1d100 ⇒ 58

Leyre hears sounds coming from down the path. Crashes, thumps, clangs...


Male Human Rogue 16/Magus 9
True Seeing:
He is wearing a blank white mask
icehawk333 wrote:
Renkai Urmas wrote:
After threatening the demons he follows to their castle
there is a huge balor on a throne made of fleshy stone in a throne room. The room is rather bare.

I assume you're miss rul? " he asks casually

Renkai holds an action or two


Male Tzeentch-Born (Outsider (Native-subtype)) 16 Wizard (Mage of the Veil)/16 Cryptic

Hearing the noise, he taps his Concealing Amorpha Greater tattoo again, moving off the center of the path, and willing the voice to be quiet for now.

should I be making a stealth check for this or wait until whatever it is that's making the noise is a bit closer?


M Extrodinaraly Contrary Meatbag Fourm pyromancer 1
Renkai Urmas wrote:
icehawk333 wrote:
Renkai Urmas wrote:
After threatening the demons he follows to their castle
there is a huge balor on a throne made of fleshy stone in a throne room. The room is rather bare.

I assume you're miss rul? " he asks casually

Renkai holds an action or two

she's already holding an action, since before you came in. So if it comes to combat, standard initiative to see who's held action goes first.

"Yes, i am. It's not too often a mortal enters our realm. You could be interesting. First order of business. What's with the mask?"


Male Human Rogue 16/Magus 9
True Seeing:
He is wearing a blank white mask

A question...." renkai grins "I'll humor you.... the mask protects me from mind reading..."

"What do you want with me?" Renkai's casual tone and stance reveal nothing


M Extrodinaraly Contrary Meatbag Fourm pyromancer 1
Lyere wrote:

Hearing the noise, he taps his Concealing Amorpha Greater tattoo again, moving off the center of the path, and willing the voice to be quiet for now.

should I be making a stealth check for this or wait until whatever it is that's making the noise is a bit closer?

doesn't matter. With even a half decent steath check you're fine.

the sounds identify more and more as a heated battle as you get father down the cave. There are meany Barabu, shadow demons, and other middle-tier demons fighting in what appears to be a rather large and stable cavern.


Renkai Urmas wrote:

A question...." renkai grins "I'll humor you.... the mask protects me from mind reading..."

"What do you want with me?" Renkai's casual tone and stance reveal nothing

"As of yet, nothing more then a talk. I'm bored, you see. So, you're my entertainment right now. Perhaps I'll have you fight some of my mindless slaves for my amusement. I'm not unreasonable. I'll reward you. In fact, I'm feeling a little generous today. i may just let you leave with your life and some other assistance, if you entertain aim me enough."

she speaks as if she's making the most generous offer she would ever make.


Male Human Rogue 16/Magus 9
True Seeing:
He is wearing a blank white mask

If you're bored why not find a nice pit fiend to settle down with...."

Renkai doesn't seem to care about anything


Renkai Urmas wrote:

If you're bored why not find a nice pit fiend to settle down with...."

Renkai doesn't seem to care about anything

she starts laughing.

" that's a good one! "Nice pit fiend." Haha!"
her face gets a lot more serious.
"But yeah, that's not happening. If i wanted sexual pleasure, then I'd just make a succubus do it. No, i want to see how you mortals act. I grow tiered of my dominated company, and want to see what evil mortals are capable of. Like those paladins... Hah! Holy warriors my ***, they kill like everyone else. More, if i had to say. Their so called good gods, advocating "justified" murder under the guise of holy work... It's laughable."


Male Human Rogue 16/Magus 9
True Seeing:
He is wearing a blank white mask

"Want to see how mortals act.....? Selfishly" renkai laughs


"Indeed."
she watches you, waiting for you to do much of anything.


Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)

The furious assault of his sister, coupled with the growing pool of blood due to Ehos' wounds, causes Sil to slip and fall. However, as he does so, he's able to use his momentum to throw Jai into her boyfriend.


Male Human Rogue 16/Magus 9
True Seeing:
He is wearing a blank white mask
Generic monster alias wrote:

"Indeed."

she watches you, waiting for you to do much of anything.

long hours of waiting and watching, anylizing guard habits and patterns have taught renkai patiencr


M Extrodinaraly Contrary Meatbag Fourm pyromancer 1

the balor has plenty of time, and just keeps watching.


M Extrodinaraly Contrary Meatbag Fourm pyromancer 1

after a few hours of staring, the balor says-
"Enough. Let's see some bloodshed. Barabu? Entertain me."
4 Barabu enter into the room, and ready an offensive stance.


Male Tzeentch-Born (Outsider (Native-subtype)) 16 Wizard (Mage of the Veil)/16 Cryptic
icehawk333 wrote:
Lyere wrote:

Hearing the noise, he taps his Concealing Amorpha Greater tattoo again, moving off the center of the path, and willing the voice to be quiet for now.

should I be making a stealth check for this or wait until whatever it is that's making the noise is a bit closer?

doesn't matter. With even a half decent steath check you're fine.

the sounds identify more and more as a heated battle as you get father down the cave. There are meany Barabu, shadow demons, and other middle-tier demons fighting in what appears to be a rather large and stable cavern.

He pauses for a moment, watching the fighting and keeping inside the shadows of the cave as a single thought goes through his mind 'Its a bloodbath here'


Male Human Rogue 16/Magus 9
True Seeing:
He is wearing a blank white mask

Renkai watches on blankly


M Extrodinaraly Contrary Meatbag Fourm pyromancer 1
Lyere wrote:


He pauses for a moment, watching the fighting and keeping inside the shadows of the cave as a single thought goes through his mind 'Its a bloodbath here'

the demons rip and tear at each other, leaving bloody messes behind.


M Extrodinaraly Contrary Meatbag Fourm pyromancer 1
Renkai Urmas wrote:
Renkai watches on blankly

the Barabu attack you, blobs of acid flying everywhere, raking at you with thier vicious claws.

thematically do what you will. Barabu aren't a real threat to you.


Male Tzeentch-Born (Outsider (Native-subtype)) 16 Wizard (Mage of the Veil)/16 Cryptic
icehawk333 wrote:
Lyere wrote:


He pauses for a moment, watching the fighting and keeping inside the shadows of the cave as a single thought goes through his mind 'Its a bloodbath here'

the demons rip and tear at each other, leaving bloody messes behind.

He scans the battlefield, hoping to find a weak demon as he starts wondering whether he should join in and have a little fun.

How injured are they, Deathwatch constant on his eyes


Tyrrin Denulia wrote:
"Yes, and I will come with you to make sure. In the morning, I'll take you to see the Headmaster, or maybe even the Headmistress, and we'll see about making your stay permanent for as long as you like." Tyrrin says comfortingly, standing and allowing Pyry to take the lead, glancing to Ghalen to ensure he was following, a reserved smile on her face.

He nods slowly and follows the the arrows, Lamai not far behind him. He was really going to stay here, wasn't he? He'd been living in the cave so long that being in a building like this... It unnerved him slightly. But Tyrrin and Tybalt and the others were going to be here too, so it couldn't be all bad.

When he reaches the door the school lead him to, he looks at Tyrrin before opening the door. Chilled air blows out instantly, making him smile. The only thing different from a normal room here at Avalon is the pile of furs next to the bed, which Lamai immediately lies on.

"It's... It's great."


M Extrodinaraly Contrary Meatbag Fourm pyromancer 1
Lyere wrote:
icehawk333 wrote:
Lyere wrote:


He pauses for a moment, watching the fighting and keeping inside the shadows of the cave as a single thought goes through his mind 'Its a bloodbath here'

the demons rip and tear at each other, leaving bloody messes behind.

He scans the battlefield, hoping to find a weak demon as he starts wondering whether he should join in and have a little fun.

How injured are they, Deathwatch constant on his eyes

there are so freaking many running about, you can't really tell.

there doesn't seem to be any "sides" there. They just blindly attack acnything and everything they see. It's a huge mess of bloodshed, 10 or 20 dropping every few seconds, but there is almost a thousand still standing.


Male Human Rogue 16/Magus 9
True Seeing:
He is wearing a blank white mask
icehawk333 wrote:
Renkai Urmas wrote:
Renkai watches on blankly

the Barabu attack you, blobs of acid flying everywhere, raking at you with thier vicious claws.

thematically do what you will. Barabu aren't a real threat to you.

the acid will harmlessly be dodged and deflected...

The first that comes within arms length renkai grabs its arm and brings it sharply down across his knee.

The second he blocks with the first's torso, then blinds it with a jab of his hand.

The third is disembowelled with a short sword then hung with his internal organs from the ceiling

The last dies from a curved blade shoved through its temple into its brain.

Renkai watches the blinded one twitch and writhe upon the floor


M Extrodinaraly Contrary Meatbag Fourm pyromancer 1
Renkai Urmas wrote:
icehawk333 wrote:
Renkai Urmas wrote:
Renkai watches on blankly

the Barabu attack you, blobs of acid flying everywhere, raking at you with thier vicious claws.

thematically do what you will. Barabu aren't a real threat to you.

the acid will harmlessly be dodged and deflected...

The first that comes within arms length renkai grabs its arm and brings it sharply down across his knee.

The second he blocks with the first's torso, then blinds it with a jab of his hand.

The third is disembowelled with a short sword then hung with his internal organs from the ceiling

The last dies from a curved blade shoved through its temple into its brain.

Renkai watches the blinded one twitch and writhe upon the floor

may want to rethink that third one, barabu are skeleton-like, and don't have internal organs aside from a brain.

the acid from the Barabu sticks to your hand, but you can shake it off before it does anything nasty. Your shortsword and scimitar may need repairs.


Male Human Rogue 16/Magus 9
True Seeing:
He is wearing a blank white mask

Then he removes all its arms and legs....


M Extrodinaraly Contrary Meatbag Fourm pyromancer 1
Renkai Urmas wrote:
Then he removes all its arms and legs....

that works, sorry, nitpick.

"Good job, boy. Maybe some harder fights are an order?"

56,301 to 56,350 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1122 | 1123 | 1124 | 1125 | 1126 | 1127 | 1128 | 1129 | 1130 | 1131 | 1132 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.